Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shadow Force: Praesitlyn Campaign

Page: 5 of 5
 steven
07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Caos pulled out his lightsabers and activated it. "Crovak, can you hear me? Good, activate stage one of the gas, get ready to release it into the base. I have a gunship to take down." Caos crouched and then used force speed along with force jump towards the gunship.
 Darth Nexus
07-06-2006, 11:48 AM
(Yes, I meant Red-5)

As Jaggard got Lord Nexus into the base, he called Lord Caos. "He is here now, my Master. What shall I do with his body?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Niner, this is Gamma 88, there's a Trandoshan jumping us, and we need backup." The Gunner said to the Shadow Force. "Epsilon, get us out of here!"
 steven
07-06-2006, 12:11 PM
"That's no possible!" Said Caos As he landed ontop of the Gunship."Personally I suggest you abandon ship as fast as you can." Caos made a wicked laugh before send a jolt of electricty around the ship, only stinging it's passengers. "Oh I have an idea. Let's make a wager, if you are able to kill me the base shall instantly destruct due to explosions inside the base having a link with a device near my heart. And if I kill you, you will die. How about it?"
 RC-1162
07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
"How about neither?" Epsilon 388 said and abruptly rolled the ship to the right. Caos was knocked off balance and flew out of the open side doors. Epsilon 388 set the engines at maximum speed and rocketed into the atmosphere.

"Epsilon 388, gun the engine and get out of there," Flash said through the comm.

"Already done, Omega Lead. We're home free, though with a few electric shocks," he added, wincing.

((sorry, steven, but i'm not willing to sacrifice them.))
 Darth Nexus
07-06-2006, 12:19 PM
"Bring it on" Gamma 88 said as he started shooting the Trandoshan. "Epsilon, RUN!
 steven
07-06-2006, 12:19 PM
((I undestand, I wasn't even going to kill them, just crash they're ship.))
 RC-1162
07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
((that's ok :). and Darth Nexus, we're home free, you might wanna make a little change to your post))
 Darth Nexus
07-06-2006, 12:24 PM
"Lord Caos, what is your location, i'm coming to you now!" Jaggard yelled over the comm. to Caos. "And what do you want me to do with Darth Nexus?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good flying Epsilon. I think we lost him for now." Gamma 88 said as he fired his last shot at the blur that was the Trandoshan on the ship a few minutes ago.
 RC-1162
07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
((that's fine. and steve, are you gonna release the gas now?))
 steven
07-06-2006, 2:02 PM
Caos then jumped on a the side of a mountain and held it's hand towards the gunship.
"Show me your worst clones!"

((Yes))

The vents in the main base began to spew a green fog through out the base. "Let's hope this work." Said Crovakk from the command centre.
 RC-1162
07-06-2006, 2:37 PM
As the group made their way into the facility, several panels hidden in the walls popped open and a greenish fog came pouring through. A warning alarm flashed to life in all of their helmets and the words "TOXIN IN IMMEDIATE AREA" began blinking in their HUDs.

"Quick!" Niner shouted. "Seal and clean!"

At these, the group activated their neck seals in their helmets and enabled the breath mask function of their helmets, but it didn't work.

"UNABLE TO FILTER TOXIN" was the nex message that came to them.

"Go astronaut!" commanded Flash and they switched over to their portable Oxygen tanks that only Commandos were provided with. Flash heaved a sigh of relief.

"Never underestimate Clone Commandos, sucka," commented Tech.

"Don't get cocky," ordered Flash and Niner in unison. They cautiously made their way through the fog, occasionally raising a hand to wipe their helmet lens clean.

"Scout, get a sample of this stuff to take for analysis," ordered Flash.

"Copy that, Lead," Scour replied and he took out a small vial from his pouch. He unscrewed in and let the fog go in. After it was full, he screwed the cap back on and sealed it. "Done." he reported.

Flash nodded and enabled his low-light visor.
 steven
07-06-2006, 3:20 PM
A deep voice from loud speakers suddenly spoke to the clones. "Astronaut style, heh? Every cleaver. Yet this gas as been disigned to be absorbed by the human skin. We undersetimated you but you also undersetimated us. You see Grasshak had came up with a protocle if you ever did this. However, untill we are able to activate it, here's a magma-droid for you to fight."

There was an small explosion in the roof and a magma droid dropped from the roof.
((This is sorta another boss batle. He's pretty easy to kill but please use a bit of strategy. FWI, Magma droids are the model used as General Greivous' body gaurds.))
 RC-1162
07-06-2006, 4:19 PM
The 7 Commandos raised their blasters as one.

"Sorry to dis and disappoint you," began Tech, with his usual cocky attitude. "But no parts of our skin are exposed. All are covered by a bodysuit and the helmet."

Niner made a minute nod and he and Flash let loose a string of plasma together.

"Blast him!" shouted Niner.

((you can jump around a bit and knock us down if you want, steve, but please avoid any wounds or cuts. a couple of bumps would do. we'll begin strategising after a few failed attempts at right out blasting. do you want the MagnaGuard to be destroyed or disabled?))
 steven
07-06-2006, 5:02 PM
((Destroyed))

To the clone amazement the droid moved at an extrodinary speed, he dodged every single shot the clones made. During the time the clones took to reload, the Magma Droid raised his hand and electric sparks fired into a light, causing the whole room to go pitch black.
 RC-1162
07-06-2006, 5:08 PM
"Switch to low-light mode," said Niner as he did the same and tried to figure out a strategy to cope with the MagnaGuard.
 Jason Skywalker
07-06-2006, 5:45 PM
"Ayght skip." said Raven as he turned on the low-light mode.
 RC-1162
07-07-2006, 8:23 AM
The group found it extremely tough to aim at the MagnaGuard. It kept knocking them down and across the place every second. Twister had managed a single shot at the MagnaGuard's torso, slowing it down drastically, but still too fast. Unfortunately, Twister was knocked a split second later about 10 meters away from the battle. Flash had enough. He switched off his outer microphone so that anything he said would only be relayed by comm. Once this was done, he sent a message to Niner and his own squad.

"Set up the E-Web Repeaters," he ordered. Niner nodded but didn't say anything and motioned to Raven to begin. Tech and Twister fell back a couple of meters and started setting up the blaster turrets as Flash, Niner and Scout distracted the droid. Five minutes later, the turrets were ready to go. Tech and Twister came up in front as Niner and Flash started using the turrets. The hallway was now aglow with blue light as the powerful lasers of the E-Webs lanced across at the MagnaGuard. To their surprise, the MagnaGuard still dodged the bolts and continued it's dangerous dance.

"Maintain a straight stream," Flash said to Niner. The latter nodded and corrected his nozzle. Flash now began to steer the MagnaGuard around the place. With on gentle flick of his wrist, he sent the blots another inch closer to the droid. It jumped reflexively to the side, right into Niner's line of fire.
A huge explosion rang across the room and pieces of MagnaGuard rained down on the Commandos' plastoid armor. In five minutes, the Repeaters were packed, and the group began their slow march to the objective again.
 Niner_777
07-07-2006, 5:53 PM
((Nice job w/ Niner while I was away, RC. Nice job to everyone else as well.))

"Nice job, team," Niner said. "Keep your guard up. We're getting in pretty deep." Niner starred into the cloudy gray image that appearred in his vision.
 RC-1162
07-08-2006, 5:23 AM
((thanks, Niner :)))

"Does anyone happen to have a schematic of this place, by any chance?" asked Flash.
 Niner_777
07-08-2006, 2:21 PM
Niner scrolled through his mission data bank on his heads-up-display. "I'm searching now." He paused a moment. "I'm patching it through to your HUD now."

((I really don't have one, though I may be able to make one. Or we can just wing it and I can describe a bit by writing.))
 RC-1162
07-08-2006, 3:59 PM
((i think a map would be a good idea, Niner, because the map that you had given us earlier really clarified things. we'll wait :)))
 Niner_777
07-08-2006, 5:29 PM
((I'm glad that my map helped. I replied to your post in the Recruitment thread.))
 RC-1162
07-10-2006, 5:27 AM
"Shadoe Force, this is Epsilon 288," came a voice through their comms. "I have taken surveillance schematics of the LVCP and am transmitting the maps to your HUDs and to the Squad Leader's datapads."

"Thanks a million, Epsilon," Flash said as he went through the map. "This'll help us a lot."

On the datapad screen, the map selection screen flickered:
Level One (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RC1162/swpraemapi.jpg)
Level Two (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RC1162/swpraemapii.jpg)
Level Three (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RC1162/swpraemapiii.jpg)

"I guess our objective for this level is the elevator," Flash said, looking at Niner.
 Niner_777
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
"Roger that," Niner replied. "Let's get on it then." Shadow Force pushed deeper into the LVCP, towards the elevator.
 RC-1162
07-10-2006, 7:10 PM
They reached what looked like the ground vehicles hangar bays. Just then, Flash spotted two groups of battle droids.

"Droids!" he warned through the comm and started spewing fire at the machines.
 Jason Skywalker
07-11-2006, 5:24 AM
Raven heard Flash shouting and started shooting at the Droids, but they kept dodging.
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 7:06 AM
"Dang it!" cursed Tech. His hotshot character had had enough. He took a small EMP grenade from his pack.

"Heads up, tin cans!" he shouted and lunged the ball. The EMP charge destroyed them all in one go.

"Good work," congratulated Flash. "Don't let it go to your head."

"Never do, Flash," Tech replied with a broad grin under his helmet as he resumed shooting.

The Commandos and droids engaged in a long firefight. The droids had the skiff as cover and could fire all at once from behind it. The Commandos, however, had only the wall for cover and could only shoot two or three at a time. When it was Scout and Twister's turns, the ever alert Twister spotted a few droids moving towards the elevator controls with their blasters aimed at the control panel.

"Scout, take out those droids," he urged his partner. The latter nodded and picked them off one by one with his expert aim. When they retreated back behind the safety of the wall, Twister spoke to Flash and Niner.

"They're trying to sabotage the elevator controls." Twister reported.

"Right," replied Flash, taking out an EMP grenade of his own. "I'm bored hanging around here anyway."

He tossed the grenade and lesieurly walked to the elevator. By the time he had got there, the droids had been vapourized.

The rest of his Squad followed.

"Tech's cockiness must have rubbed off on you too, sir," commented Scout as he opened the elevator doors. Flash just shrugged and motioned for the group to enter the elevator.
 Niner_777
07-11-2006, 9:37 AM
"Okay, team," Niner began. "Expect a welcoming party at the top of this shaft. The Sepratists know that we're here now, and they're going to want to stop us." Niner slapped a fresh clip into the receiver. "Lock and Load."

((Niner looked around him happily. He'd always wanted to say that, LOL.))
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 9:46 AM
((yeah, so did i, you beat me to it :D. it always sounded very cool to me :D))

They came up to the Level Two (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RC1162/swpraemapii.jpg) of the facility. The elevator doors slid open; to reveal a room full of battle droids, just as Niner had predicted. Flash brought his blaster up and made it sing, dropping three droids. The rest of the group joined along.
 Darth Nexus
07-11-2006, 9:57 AM
As Darth Trando got to the Armory near the Laboratory, he heard the elevator stop. "I guess Caos is back." Trando said to himself as he looked out the Armory window. What suprised him was that there were Clones here. "Clonesss, I will stop them. Get all of the MagnaGuards here, on the double!" He said into the Armory comlink. He got his lightsaber and was prepared to fight.
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech's eye's widened in srprise at seeing a Dark Jedi soo abruptly. Without thinking, he slammed his fist on the console. The door shut and the elevator made it's way furthur up to Level 3.

"Why'd you do that?" Flash asked him.

"To get away from him, of course, why did you think?" Tech replied.

((evolution, now will be a great time to add your character. please post an agreement if youre interested.))
 Darth Nexus
07-11-2006, 11:29 AM
"They're on level three, just like the magnaguards. Good. Guards, stay up there, and get to the elevator." Trando said into the comlink as he tried to call the elevator back down to his level.
 Jason Skywalker
07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
The door opened, revealing some Magna Guards, to no surprise.

"Looks like we aren't away from anything!" said Raven quickly inserting another clip on his Shotgun and aimed for the center.
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 12:03 PM
"We dealt with these once," said Flash. "E-Web time!"
 Darth Nexus
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
"except for one thing, Clonesss. These droids know your moves, so it will be a much harder battle than before." The Clones hear the Trandoshan Dark Jedi who was on the Second Level with them. "You can not hope to defeat them with your foolish e-web."
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 12:22 PM
"Yeah, yeah," said Tech as he set up the blaster. "Put a sock in it will ya?"

"Cut the chatter and get the blaster ready," ordered Flash.
 Darth Nexus
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
"Cut the chatter and get the blaster ready"

As soon as that came out of the Clones mouth, a Trandoshan appeared in front of them, with his lightsaber pointing at the E-Web. "You will not win this time, Cloness."
With that, Trando locked the elevator on this level so it would not be a quick escape for the Clones this time. "Your all trapped."
 Jason Skywalker
07-11-2006, 1:20 PM
"Oh great, now we have to deal with these maniacal Trandoshans." said Raven. "We gotta do something different."
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 1:46 PM
Flash slammed his fist on the console again. True to his word, the trandoshan had locked the elevator on the level, but had not locked the doors. As soon as the doors slid shut, Flash blaster the console. He mounted the ready E-Web and pointed it at the ceiling. He squeezed the trigger and the ceiling blew outwards. With Scout giving him a boost, He made it out of the temporary prison.

"Get out here!" he urged the rest of the group. As they scrambled and tried to get out, Flash sent another message up to the skies.

"Epsilon 288, we need air support, NOW!" Flash spoke with a faint hint of impatience and panic. "Bring along any ARCs that are available. MOVE!"

Two seconds later:
"Epsilon 288 on my way, sir," he replied. "And Delta 628 is accompanying us."

"Be quick." Flash urged.

((maverick, youre in :D))
 Maverick5770
07-11-2006, 2:46 PM
((great :) ))

Delta 628 had only been barely briefed on his mission. He new that he was going in to reiforce two squads of Republic Commando's, and that they were on a mission to disable a toxic gas plant. Aside from that he knew nothing. He did know that there would be many droids to kill, that was always good news. He figured that the commando's would brief him when he got there. For now, enjoy Epsilon's piloting skills.
 Darth Nexus
07-11-2006, 3:52 PM
As Epsilon flew the Gunship with Delta 628 down, Gamma 88 started shooting the droids on the open-roof hangar. "Hey Epsilon, we have a welcoming party." Gamma said to the pilot. "Be ready to fight quick Delta."
 Maverick5770
07-11-2006, 9:42 PM
"Roger that," Delta replied as he readied his DC-15. As the ship got closer, Delta began began to blast away at the droids firing at the ship.
 RC-1162
07-12-2006, 4:50 AM
"There's too many of them to take out in time for the landing," reported Epsilon. He toggled the comm unit.

"Shadow Force, get down," he cautioned. Then he shot of four missiles at the stationary droid starfighters on the roof. The resulting explosion destroyed all of the MagnaGuards on the roof. Epsilon brought his gunship to hover beside the place where Shadow Force was standing. Flash urged everyone into the open bay doors and got in after all of them had done so. Immediately, the doors slid closed and the gunship made it's way high into the atmosphere.

"We need to rethink our strategy to take the LVCP," said Flash to Niner.
 Jason Skywalker
07-12-2006, 9:09 AM
"How about a trap?" suggested Raven.
 Niner_777
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
"A trap could work," Niner said thoughtfully. "I don't know if that would be safe though. Of course, nothing would be safe. Let's hear some more suggestions; it might spark something."
 Darth Nexus
07-12-2006, 10:27 AM
"How about you do bombing runs on the area around the LVCP and then the Shadow Force goes in afterwards to deal with any survivors." Gamma 88 said from Epsilon's Gunship.
 RC-1162
07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
"That might work, I think," said Flash. "We have a sample of the Anti-Clone gas and our objective is to neutralise the base. So we can just slag it off the mesa."

He turned to Niner,
"What do you think?"
 Niner_777
07-12-2006, 2:31 PM
"That's probably the safest way," Niner commented. "If our pilots are up to it, I think yes."
 Darth Nexus
07-12-2006, 2:56 PM
"I'm ready to slag the place as long as Epsilon is ready to fly me there." said Gamma 88 on his comlink. "Just call us when your ready."
 Niner_777
07-12-2006, 6:10 PM
Niner looked around at his team. "I think we're ready."
Page: 5 of 5