Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hyper velocity gun

Page: 1 of 1
 SFRMAINE
02-06-2006, 3:44 PM
How can you increase the rate of fire for the hypervelocity gun? I find myself playing as the empire on bryants/garys mod 2.6g totally outgunned against the rebels (45 mon colamari cruisers) I love the hyper velocity gun and want to lay waste the rebel scum.
 Slocket
02-06-2006, 10:20 PM
If you are using BG Mod, look inside specialstructures.xml with any text editor. Search for *hypervelocity* there yonder down you will find a confusing two sets of data, as if there was going to be a land based AND a space based version. One got "axed" according to the designer notes comments there abouts.

One has its 'weapon_recharge" set for 15 seconds, the other is set for 60 seconds; which you can set to whatever. BTY how long is the recharge timer in your game, then I can be more specific and exactly what to change. I never built one yet...

I vaporize Rebels with my Mega Fleet of Doom and never get owned...
 SFRMAINE
02-07-2006, 2:46 PM
yea i found it thx for your help. it seems like 1-1:30 for the gun to recharge so i set it to about 5 seconds. Just seems that the AI on hard is very fast and gets many many ships and planets before i can. Although this is the best mod so far for EAW.
 Grey_Ghost
02-08-2006, 5:11 PM
yea i found it thx for your help. it seems like 1-1:30 for the gun to recharge so i set it to about 5 seconds.The recharge time is modified by what speed you have your Space Battles set to in game.
 Iamme
02-08-2006, 8:19 PM
The recharge time is modified by what speed you have your Space Battles set to in game.
Erm, that's a global modifier, Grey_Ghost, not the actual value. I know first-hand that modifying everything but build times works so far.
 Grey_Ghost
02-10-2006, 1:20 AM
What is that reply supposed to be meaning? What I wrote was correct, perhaps you misinterpreted it?
 wolfshadow
02-10-2006, 5:35 AM
Iamme was saying that you can mod the actual time that it takes for the gun to recharge in specialstructures.xml I have it set for about 15 seconds.
 Grey_Ghost
02-11-2006, 1:03 AM
The recharge time is modified by what speed you have your Space Battles set to in game.I meant after you change the recharge setting in the XML file it's then modified by the set Speed in game. Don't look for any deeper meaning, it wasn't there. http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/8P.gif)
 comrade-max
02-11-2006, 1:47 PM
If you are using BG Mod, look inside specialstructures.xml with any text editor. Search for *hypervelocity* there yonder down you will find a confusing two sets of data, as if there was going to be a land based AND a space based version. One got "axed" according to the designer notes comments there abouts.

One has its 'weapon_recharge" set for 15 seconds, the other is set for 60 seconds; which you can set to whatever. BTY how long is the recharge timer in your game, then I can be more specific and exactly what to change. I never built one yet...

I vaporize Rebels with my Mega Fleet of Doom and never get owned...

the space based hypervelocity gun is still in its on the official website
 Slocket
02-12-2006, 1:09 PM
Ah, yes. Your right. Silly me. There is a space gun and a land gun. One was set for 15 seconds, the other 60 seconds.

My Fleet of Doom ran into one of those nasty " Sir, I uhh...".....boom. I did not know the AI was smart enough to build one.
 rderveloy
02-14-2006, 4:47 PM
Building more than 1 hypervelocity cannon should help the recharge on that planet rate as well for those who prefer not to modify xml files.
 Sithman1138
02-14-2006, 7:57 PM
I've been hearing alot about this hypervelocity gun. What is it? Like the gun the reborn Emperor used?
 Slocket
02-15-2006, 3:47 AM
Well, I do not know about Reborn, but the land based Hypervelocity Gun is similiar to a giant rail gun. Glorious in its design. A tribute to our great Emperor's forsight and vision.

Using powerful magnetic fields, it accelerates a metal projectile to extreme velocity, piercing a ships hull directly bypassing its shields.

It cannot target anything smaller than a corvette or a single hardpoint on a ship. A small matter, compared to what it can do...

In one shot it will take out a Corellian Corvette or Gunship; two shots removes a frigate, and three shots a Mon Cal. When it hits, the hull damage is severe plus the splash damage destroys/hurts the bigger ship's hard points a great deal.

One nasty weapon to surprise an insubornate Rebel attack force trifulling with one of our lightly defended system...especially with a gravity well generator installed on the space station to keep them from withdrawing into retreat like cowards. :)

The Rebels will come to understand our rightous rule. Peace and Tranquility all througout the universe. There shall be no more war under one Empire Rule.
Page: 1 of 1