Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where do you want to go in KotOR3?

Page: 3 of 4
 RobQel-Droma
01-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Now if they only did it like the other games, with 6-7 planets, I'd have to seriously cut down my list. But they might just keep the same format like they have done.

EDIT!!: If you think about it though, there were supposed to be more than 6-7 planets in TSL. It is more like 6-7 locations, since you have the beginning planet (Peragus/Taris), a central planet (Dantooine/Telos), and then four others and an end-game planet. But actually, you can have more than 7 planets since you can pair those planets, one would lead to another - like Onderon/Dxun, and Korriban/M4-78. So nevermind.
 Killwithhonor
01-31-2006, 3:45 PM
I wanna see Cloud City somewhere in there, that would be fun, or Bespin, or both!
 JediMaster12
01-31-2006, 5:48 PM
A giant gas ball with a floating city, I love it. Maybe it could explode like Preagus and the new PC could get blamed for it much like the exile. Cloud City would probably be like Manaan, a bit more peaceful. I'm not sure about the violence but that was my impression.
 RobQel-Droma
01-31-2006, 7:15 PM
^^^^
Slight problem guys. As far as I know, Cloud City wasn't even built then.
 JediMaster12
01-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for bursting the bubble!:p To elaborate I was thinking a place similar to Cloud City, kind of peaceful like Manaan with a certain type of etiquete. It doesn't have to be on Bespin maybe another gas ball of a planet.
 RobQel-Droma
01-31-2006, 11:30 PM
You're welcome - I love to do that to people! :dev7:

*ahem* Sorry. :) Anyways, we might get a planet like that, in fact it might be nice. I hope they get a good range of planets, so I wouldn't mind having a peaceful one like you are suggesting.
 JediMaster12
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
For laughs: Heck maybe we might get a glimpse of Kamino!

As long as the natives don't sound like the Selkath. For some reason the sounds of their language irritated me so much that if I had it my way I would have bypassed the planet completely. Maybe it was the pitch or something but it drove me crazy. :p
 RobQel-Droma
02-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Their language reminded me of the Sand People. That drove me crazy too, I think they were both similar in both ways; Wierd guttural raspy sounds that make your throat hurt just to think about trying to pronounce them.
 JediMaster12
02-01-2006, 3:31 PM
The Sand People weren't that bad at last most of the time it was like a war cry or something. If the natives were a peaceful type I would their language to be a bit more flowing almost I guess a poetic feel to it. Musical that's what I was getting at. My boma pet/friend likes that alot. He seems to enjoy singing too. Maybe a new planet will have a species that has a musical voice. It could reflect the peaceful nature of those sentients.
 Rok_stoned
02-01-2006, 11:42 PM
HALO!!!

Seriously what I'd like to see:
Coruscant: Temple is amust Maybe the place for tutorial
Some derilect space ship: Maybe some place where a space ship is floating and you need parts so you go on there, but theres a sith lord and like he goes all crazy on you screws up plans n' stuff. Well maybe thats a good tutorial level too...
Corellia maybe?
Naboo: Swampy goodness maybe slay some gungans
Ruusan: Valley of the jedi for story-line reasons? (I'm not sure but I think it's on Ruusan)
Hoth: You will go to the dagoba system
Dagobah:?
HALO!!!!
 Beast-Thrasher
02-02-2006, 9:07 PM
In KOTOR 3 I wouldn't mind traveling to places such as:

- Hoth -Perhaps there could be a forgotten Jedi Academy there...perhaps

- Corucsant- Just to see the Jedi Temple, I would just like to see it in this series.

- Alderaan - Since it kinda you know goes BOOM in Episode 4 and we get a glimpse in Episode 3 I would just like to see it and maybe there could be some jedi holocrons or teachings there to further your players skills or something along those lines.

- Desralia( Not sure if I spelt it right) Since it's the birth place of Revan perhaps you can learn something from his homeworld

- Kashyyyk - Another part of Kashyyy than from the first game. It would be neat if it looked like it was when Yoda went in Eps 3. Say there's about to be a little war between the wookies and say Czerka or on outside army that tries to invade Kashyyyk and you have the option of helping either the wookies or the opposing team whatever it may be.

- Selyheron (Not sure if I spelt that right either) But from what I can recall it was mentioned in the first game and stated as a volcanic planet, I think. But anywho it would be nice if say you had a awesome lightsaber duel with someone, say another pivotel scene in the game(but not the final act). So it would be similar to mustafar and that duel...kinda

Hopefully other planets as well, but thats all I can think of now.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I think that even Telos would be nice to see again with the polar academy. Perhaps the Handmaiden became the head leader/ historian on the telos academy with Bao-Dur and possibly see Dantooine with the rebuilt Enclave and Hoth with another Academy and Corucsant as well. Also maybe have more of Korriban but somewhere else besides the same setting of the first two.
 JediMaster12
02-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Telos was another possibility because people were curious as to how the planet fared after Restoration. It must have because I read Jedi Apprentice and there was mention of Telos.
 Diego Varen
02-08-2006, 1:55 AM
Beast-Thrasher if a secret Jedi Academy is on Hoth, do you think it would be Echo Base?
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
No, it would be an ice cave with a few Tauntauns and maybe that ice creature :D

Still I couldn't see Hoth as an interesting planet to have a mission on. There isn't enough life on that ice cube to fill a space cruiser.
 Diego Varen
02-08-2006, 1:10 PM
After thinking about what Planets should be in KOTORIII, I've thought:

Returning Planets

Kashyyyk - After finding Zaalbar on Alarus Prime, you see how Freyyer/Chunndar are doing as Chieftain. Czerka or the Wookiees could start a War to take back Kashyyyk. No more Shadowlands though please.

Nar Shaddaa - It is a massive place and it has so much to offer.

Onderon - To see what happened after the Civil War. Maybe it could have some extra areas. Like below where you land, there is a market place. You should be able to go there.

Telos - To see what happened after Nihilus invaded it. And to see how the Handmaiden and Bao-Dur are doing running the Academy. And finally to see how Lt. Grenn is handling Telos. Maybe Carth could be catching up with Dustil finally.

New Planets

Alderaan - Hasn't really been seen except for in Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope. Also on KOTOR, you try to lie and say that the Jedi Enclave is on Alderaan. So maybe there could be another secret Academy. Maybe we could see the start of the Organa family.

Alarus Prime - Moon of Kashyyyk. Maybe Zaalbar could be leading an exhibition there. Then he could take you to Kashyyyk.

Courscant - Many reasons. For a safe haven, the Jedi Temple, to see the new Jedi Council and recieve Jedi Training. And for exploring. Somewhere on LucasForums, someone said about Mission being a politician. Maybe she could get married to ??? Secura. Mission could become Aayla Secura's ancestor.

Deralia - The birthplace of Revan and before you go to the Unknown Regions, you should go to investigate to see if there are any clues to Revan's whereabouts.

M4-78 - Cut from TSL, this was supposed to be a Droid Planet that had the HK Droid Factory. However I heard somewhere that it was in the Telos Base. Besides we haven't had a Droid Planet before.

Rhen Var/Mygeeto - Another chilly Planet. Instead of it being outside, it should be inside the Ice Caves. There should be a Republic Soldier who then takes you to Mygeeto. Mygeeto because on Battlefront II, I like playing this Planet and Ki-Adi-Mundi dies on there. Maybe there could be a Republic base there. Besides we need a chilly Planet for a change.

Sleheyron - The volcanic Planet that was mentioned in KOTOR. The last Star Map should be found and it can lead you to the 2nd Star Forge. Besides we need a volcanic Planet.

Side-Quest Planets

Cathar - I'm curious to see what Juhani's Homeworld is like.

Coreilla - Never seen it before. I know it is Han Solo's Homeworld. Maybe it is Atton's. Maybe Atton is related to Han Solo. I mean on Wikipedia, people think Mira is related to Mara Jade. Rumours are that the Ebon Hawk was built there.

Katarr - Same as Cathar, I'm curious to see what Visas's Homeworld is like.

Mandalore - To see if Canderous rebuilt the Ordo Clan on Mandalore and because it is a Mandalorian Planet.

Malastre - For those who don't know. This is Sebulba's Homeworld. I would like to see a Dug in the game for a change. And some Toydarians. Although they could bring back Quello from TSL. This Planet could be a Swoop Racing Planet.

Ruusan - Orignally I had Korriban, but then I remembered Ruusan aka The Valley Of The Jedi off Dark Forces II Jedi Knight. Not exactly a Sith Planet, but the Force is there. You could learn several Light/Dark Force powers there.

Talravin - Bastila's Homeworld. Curious to see what it's like. Maybe Bastila and her Mother could be there.

Yavin IV/Station - Look at Exar Kun's temples. You should be able to learn the Dark powers in the tombs. The Station from the first game should also be here. There were two doors at the end and you can never go through. Maybe this time you can.

Main Quest Planets

Unknown Regions - After completing the other Planets. A series of Planets in the Outer Rim. (including where the Star Forge System is) and Planets such as Kamino. This will eventually lead to Revan and the Exile's location.

PS. I think my list is a bit too long.
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 3:34 PM
Uh, one question: Was there a second Star Forge? If memory serves me correctly the Star Forge was to show off the immense power of the Builders who we know as the Rakatans. I took this to mean there was only one. Unless you were suggesting the possibility that the PC would find the map on Sleheyron and find the other pieces to get to the Unknown World but I seriously doubt there was a second Star Forge.
 The Source
02-08-2006, 3:39 PM
Coruscant would be a good addition, but I hope they create planets that we have never seen or heard of before.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 3:40 PM
@JediMaster12:
I think he was refering to the Rakatan planet as the ''Star Forge system'', not the Star Forge itself.

Edit: Coruscant would be a good addition, but I hope they create planets that we have never seen or heard of before.

I'm with you on that one.
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 4:28 PM
Thanks igyman:)
Anyways I thought Coruscant would be a nice addition considering that it is the central system in the Republic and if the True Sith come out of the darkness then those in power would need to know.
 Diego Varen
02-12-2006, 4:01 AM
@JediMaster12:
I think he was refering to the Rakatan planet as the ''Star Forge system'', not the Star Forge itself.

No actually I meant both the Star Forge System and a new half built Star Forge. Maybe once you've finished on the Planets, before you go to the Unknown Regions, you have to destroy another Star Forge.

And JediMaster12, that "Ice Creature" is called a Wampa.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Beast-Thrasher if a secret Jedi Academy is on Hoth, do you think it would be Echo Base?

Before I didn't have a clue what you were talking about but I mentioned it to one of my roomates and well, he knew and told me what it was and I had a small pause followed by a oohhhh right......So with that done and said I would recommended that it shouldn't be the Echo Base or maybe it could be since one of the themes in K2 is echoes...but anyway it could be a jedi academy there, perhaps with lots of Gray Jedi...Kinda have personalities like Qui Gon-Jin or Count Dooku and a bunch of monsters could be the big white monster you see in Eps.V and there's maybe an unknown tribe that needs some help bah, thats all thats stirring within me right now.
 igyman
02-12-2006, 2:12 PM
No actually I meant both the Star Forge System and a new half built Star Forge. Maybe once you've finished on the Planets, before you go to the Unknown Regions, you have to destroy another Star Forge.

Who would want to build another Star Forge - the Rakata surely wouldn't and couldn't - their technology isn't developed enough and most of the knowledge they once had was destroyed thousands of years ago along with their Infinite Empire.
 Diego Varen
02-14-2006, 2:23 PM
Who would want to build another Star Forge - the Rakata surely wouldn't and couldn't - their technology isn't developed enough and most of the knowledge they once had was destroyed thousands of years ago along with their Infinite Empire.

Hey, they somehow managed to do it with the Death Star.
 igyman
02-14-2006, 2:32 PM
That is a completely different thing. Let me clarify:

The Star Forge was built thousands of years before the Republic by the Rakata as a monument of their Infinite Empire. When the Infinite Empire collapsed and wars engulfed the Rakatan homeworld the Rakata degenerated to their primitive ways, almost all of their technology has been completely destroyed and the Rakata (except the Elders, who don't want to rebuild the Infinite Empire) don't know how to use what remained of their technology.

The Death Star was built 4000 years later by Palpatine (Darth Sidious) and Anakin (Darth Vader) as an undeniable proof of the Emperor's power that would keep all planets loyal to him out of fear. The Second Death Star was built by the same people and during the existence of the Galactic Empire, which means they had the resources, the knowledge, the technology and the manpower to build another Death Star.
 Diego Varen
02-14-2006, 2:46 PM
Good explanation igyman.

Case closed.

(Which is me)
:wstupid:
 JediMaster12
02-14-2006, 2:55 PM
Yes igyman is good at explaining things. Not bad for an HK fan for I would have expected a rather blunt comment that included bloodshed :D Kidding aside, he is right about the Star Forge in fact if you remember talking to the Elder Rakatan, they said that their empire died and they were looking to destroy the Star Forge the epitome of evil. They weren't looking to rebuild anything and I doubt they could have gotten the cooperation of the One and his tribe.
Back on the topic I believe I mentioned Yavin IV which has some DS history and could be a good place to get some more background info on the Sith, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc. Huh, what was this conversation about anyway? (Jolee moment):D
 igyman
02-14-2006, 3:00 PM
Well, I guess Yavin IV isn't a bad idea, but I'd still prefer planets that have not been seen in the movies (except, of course, Coruscant).
 LordReserei
02-15-2006, 7:46 AM
I'd definately say Coruscant and what would be cool is if you could actually go into the "Jedi Temple", use everything like the "Jedi Archives" when you want after gaining the rank of "Jedi Master" or before when you need to do something which is involved with the plot of the game and/or you get to be on the council before the end of the game and I mean like i dunno before the last cutscene (like @ the end of KOTOR when you become a Jedi knight)

And you actually get a padawan or have a session training younglings.

now that would cool, and would make the longer than a days worth of playing.
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I would think most people would want to become a Jedi at some point in the game, preferrably near the beginning.

@igyman: of course Yavin IV wasn't a bad idea. They kept mentioning the Mandalorian wars and included planets from there so wouldn't make sense to involve Exar Kun stuff considering that he was a Sith and I believe it was mentioned that he was near successful in his war, something Jolee said.
 igyman
02-15-2006, 10:11 AM
The only problem I see is that Yavin was uninhabited when we saw it in KoTOR 1 (The Space station), but if a good story about it is made and a settlement where you can dock, then sure. I just don't want to go to a deserted planet, like Korriban in TSL.
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 11:23 AM
But there are the temples and you never know if there are groups like smugglers.
 igyman
02-15-2006, 1:44 PM
If there is someone on that planet you can talk to, a settlement, however small, then OK, like I said - it's OK as long as it isn't the TSL version of Korriban.
 Darth Angst
02-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Yavin 4- start... Secret Republic military base
Corrusaunt- Reason: Huge invasion by Enemy.. Huge battle
Onderon- Reason: Talia assasinated, civil War
Korriban- Reason: one PC captured by Dark Lord
Rhen Var- Reason: Sith base... (Biggest battle field of game... almost Battlefront like)
Dantooine- Reason: Secceeding from republic... Killing jedi in large porportions
Outer Rim planet- Reason: Huge duel between PC/ Reaven/Empire/a True Sith

If you don't know what i'm talking about, feel free to read ( and comment on) my storyline idea.

-Darth Angst
 Phaedra36
02-19-2006, 12:33 PM
What about Correllia and Sleyheron?
 Non-false Jedi
02-19-2006, 1:03 PM
I'd like to visit Korriban again, but a different part of it.

And Ziost. I hear that was another major world of the Ancient Sith empire.
 tmoney2983
02-19-2006, 6:30 PM
I think ossus is a must for the next game. think of it as a starting point maybe. either there or corruscant. using the libraries as a starting point. yavin 4 definitely. i think dxun/onderon are a must too. revisiting the sith tombs. maybe there was more than one???

dantooine isnt that important, since the last 3 known jedi masters died there, i think that signifies an end, to a point, of dantooine. maybe the ending could be REBUILDING the dantooine enclave. mainly i say this b/c if you do have ossus/coruscant, it kinda makes dantooine obselete as far as the extremes. korriban would be obsolete as well, visiting yavin 4 and the unkown regions where the sith inhabit.

i think tatooine could play a significant role as a detour again, but thats about it. sleyheron would be fun, finding the last star map, as everyone has mentioned. i dont think another star forge would be made so soon, unless maybe the new sith empire made a replica.

revisiting taris/telos would be nice. i think even adding dustil back into the story (or even playing as him) would be exciting. there are many possibilities and i only hope that obsidian is looking into them all, and not just going to retrace their own steps.
 JediMaster12
02-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Revisting Telos isn't that bad. You could see how it fared after the restoration project. It must have been successful b/c in the Jedi Apprentice series, the planet was alive and created advanced technology.
What of OrdMandel or was it Ord Mantell? Whichever is correct, would anyone be up for that?
 RobQel-Droma
02-23-2006, 1:14 PM
No Sleheyron. Don't waste valuable storyline time just to go find "the last star map," which by the way is non-existent. If it was real, Revan would have gone to Sleheyron.

No Star Forge 2, either. That would be supremely corny. :) I would think I would be playing a combo of RotJ and K1 all over again. "Oh, Sir, I forgot to tell you, we need to go blow up another Star Forge - it shouldn't take long."

The idea of settlements on Hoth is good, but if we had an ice planet, I would say Rhen Var. But it would be fine to have settlements there. As for Yavin IV, it doesn't have to be inhabited. But if you want it to be, I think the most likely occupants would be scientists or archeoligists.
 JediMaster12
02-23-2006, 1:54 PM
Exactly about Yavin IV and it's archaeologist. Sorry but that is my intended field of study and I can't help but correct spelling. Still Yavin as I've said before is a good planet. It could even be a staging ground for a big battle. Who knows?
 RobQel-Droma
02-23-2006, 4:44 PM
I knew I spelled that wrong, but I didn't want to check it. :) But it would be nice to have a huge Battlefront-like battle, although not necessarily on Yavin IV.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-23-2006, 7:28 PM
I don't know if this has mentioned yet. But, I'd like to be able to play the game on a PS3 or PS2.
 Clone L68362
02-23-2006, 9:58 PM
Coruscant as a stage for an enormous battle would be cool. Just imagine being up on a building fighting Sith and seeing explosions and blasts down below and above, the scenery would make you cream yourself.

Other than Coruscant and some planet where a huge fight happens (and the scenery is mind blowing) I'd like mostly new planets. Sleheyron would definitely be cool.
 †Saint_Killa†
02-23-2006, 9:59 PM
@CommanderObiWan:

Kotor games were only implemented on xbox and pc and i don't think they would release it on PS2 or PS3. (hopefully no xbox 360)
 Darth Angst
02-25-2006, 3:20 PM
Are Correllia and Sleyheron really that essential? It seems in this final chapter they should stick mostly to familiar planets... I'm curious to see how they were thousands of years before, you know... :lightning

- Darth Angst
 JediMaster12
02-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Well I think planets that should be in it are the Outer Rim worlds since it seems that everything in the SW universe takes place in the Outer Rim. I also advocate worlds within the Unknown Regions as that is where Revan disappeared and there might be clues of the True Sith which I say is a dark presence.
 Lexi Saar
02-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I'd like felucia.too bad aayla secura died there.Ryloth,the echani homeworld and possibly another of onderon's moons.and the iridnoian homeworld as well :D and KATARR and the cathar homeworld
 JediMaster12
02-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Why Katarr? It was rendered lifeless after Nihilius went there. Hmm maybe they led a restoration effort like Telos.
 kotor_freak
02-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Here is my list:

Coruscant: Because i like big city planets
Korriban: maybe somewhere else
Onderon: just wanna see it again
Telos: i'd like to see how the restoration project is getting on
Dantooine: just feels important to me, maybe they can have a new jedi enclave
Duxn: okay, its a moon but i'd like to see some mandalorians

:nut:
 Clone L68362
02-28-2006, 3:06 PM
^So the only new place you want to go is Coruscant?
Page: 3 of 4