Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where do you want to go in KotOR3?

Page: 2 of 4
 marvidchano
01-03-2006, 7:06 AM
I'd like to go to Mustafar and/or Coruscant cuz I'd like to see the jedi temple there
 jedi3112
01-04-2006, 7:52 AM
I'd like to see Manaan only if I can open a fish restaurant there. I wonder what sauce goes with Selkath.

Seriously, I'd like to see Zonoma Sekot in the game, the living and moving planet or something like that. I don't really have a reason, but I think it's one of the very few SW planets that actually fit in with the Unkown Regions. Otherwise they need to come up with a reason as to why the Unkown Regions are unkown when the planets there are known. Telling us that they weren't discovered 4000 years BBY would be somewhat lame. Assuming we play Revan (must be in order to finish the story) we have to start in the Unknown Regions.

Although there are other planets I'd really like to see, they are not fit for this game, as they are not in the Unknown Regions. For example I'd really like to see:
Alderaan, before it gains a moon 4000 years later

Coruscant, hearth of the Republic

Correlia, Hans home world, and a nice starship as well

Yavin IV, just to see the temples

Endor, I always wanted a coat made of Ewok fur.
 AnakinSolaris
01-04-2006, 8:18 AM
I would like to see:

- Coruscant (think that the planet would look fantastic)
- Tatooine
- Yavin IV
- A volcanic world like Sleheyron or Mustafar for a bit of a change
- An ice planet like Hoth, again for a bit of a change

Would like to see Dantooine again, with a rebuilt Jedi Academy. The planet is gorgeous, but it does cause quite a bit of lag in-game, particularly in II.

Fed up of Korriban though, I don't see what could be gained by re-visiting that planet, the temples have been raided and the entrances blocked and the Sith Academy has been destroyed.
 Sith_Reven
01-04-2006, 12:53 PM
1)Korriban(has to be long and productive but still filled with darkside stuff)
2)Tatooine
3)outer reaches of space and planets that we don't know the name of
4)oh yehhh...coruscant in the undercity perhapse or an office building.
5)Hoth or Rhen var-- something chilly
 UncleO
01-04-2006, 2:01 PM
Ziost would be nice to find some Sith lore, Illum maybe instead of Hoth? Also Bastila's home planet or Mandalore. Also I heard something about Supershadow being sued for having pictures of girls on his site on wikipedia? Is that true?
 RobQel-Droma
01-04-2006, 2:05 PM
Assuming we play Revan (must be in order to finish the story) we have to start in the Unknown Regions.

You can finish the story with a new PC too, you know. Find Revan, help/fight/join him, whatever, but I don't quite get what you seem to have a problem with not finishing the story if not being Revan. But nevermind, this isn't a Revan vs. New PC thread...

Fed up of Korriban though, I don't see what could be gained by re-visiting that planet, the temples have been raided and the entrances blocked and the Sith Academy has been destroyed.

1) Not all of the temples. The Valley of the Dark Lords contains a very, very small percentage of all the tombs and temples on Korriban.
2) Well, as for the entrances, that is for archeologists, Sith, or whoever to clean up. :)
3) Doesn't have to stay that way, you know. You can clean it up. And if not, you can always go somewhere else.
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 4:37 PM
Places in the Outer Rim...Yavin IV (the actual planetoid/moon itself) seems a good idea, as does Drumond Kaas, and Ziost...Anywhere else, and I'm easy provided it's not somewhere we've already been.
 han sala
01-04-2006, 5:40 PM
I'd like to see Manaan only if I can open a fish restaurant there. I wonder what sauce goes with Selkath.

I hear old fashion Tarter Sauce is good. Fish and Chip is my favorite tho (fish is of course Selkath :p )
 jedi3112
01-05-2006, 7:39 AM
I hear old fashion Tarter Sauce is good. Fish and Chip is my favorite tho (fish is of course Selkath :p )

Interesting, nice for a new company policy. If you can't pay YOU go on the menu. I think we should also hae the Selkath on the menu by their names. Would be nice to feed that Sith Selkath to her father (the one from the quest in the Sith base). Maybe you can also earn DS points for that. Or LS points for reuniting them.
 han sala
01-07-2006, 11:46 AM
^ Lmao... Or you can compete for the Iron Chef in Corusant and cook a nice Skelkath soup :p
 Carthaholic
01-07-2006, 8:22 PM
First of all, KotOR3 needs to have a lot planets and a bunch of them should be completely optional. They would be a good place to get extra credits, experience and items and to give us some background about our companions and stuff.

And I would avoid repeating planets we've seen about a gazillion times already, I'm thinking of Tattooine, Korriban, Dantooine and so on... The only place I'd like to see again is Malachor V, but I doubt we will since we finished KotOR2 leaving from that place, eh.

Main quest planets:

Coruscant: For obvious reasons.
Yavin IV: This is really a *must* for me. I really want to see those temples and it could easily fit in the story I think.
Dagobah: We could learn why the dark side is present on that world.
Mandalorian homeworld: I just thought it would be fun to see where all those baddass Mandalorians come from! :)
Ziost: A Sith world, as many have already pointed out.
Ilum: 'Cause I'd sure like to get a few of the crystals there! ;) And also 'cause it's a icy planet and that would be nice to have in the game (and I can't imagine Hoth being a viable option to that since there's absolutely nothing there at that point in history).

Optional planets:

Delaria: Wasn't it Revan's homeworld? Or was that part of his/her fabricated memories? In any case, could be interesting to see.
Sleheyron: Maybe we could see Yuthara Ban there. I liked her, I want her in my party dammit! >_<
Ryolth: Someone suggested meeting Mission and Zaalbar there, I'd like that.
Corellia: Just for the heck of it.
Alderaan: Cause I'd really like to see what's it like before it gets blown to bits. :P
 Diego Varen
01-08-2006, 9:15 AM
I'm Pottsie and I have just joined.

I'd like to see:
Sleheyron
Courscant
Kashyyyk
Manaan
Korriban
Dantooine
Tatooine
Onderon/Duxn
Nar Shadaa
Telos
Malastare (Sebulba's Homeworld)
Talravin (Bastila's Homeworld)
Delaria (Revan's Homeworld)
Corellia
Alderaan
Vujun
(Rebuilt) Taris
Bespin (Cloud City)
Dagobah
Dromund Kaas
Yavin 4
Hoth
Naboo (Maybe)
Star Forge II (Without Finding Star Maps, except an ultimate Star Map from Sleheyron and it could be like a half built Death Star)
And A Lot Of Unknown Regions (Including The Star Forge System)
 spawn666999
01-08-2006, 5:16 PM
i think they should go to other planets posibley a other galaxie its just not interesting anymore i mean you've bean there 2 times or at least on someplanets (dantooine, korriban and i dont remember the other one) but if korriban is there i demand a better and a sith acaddamy kotor2 just lost the interest ik korriban whith the sith acadamy and defenetley Delaria (Revan's Homeworld) i just like al sith lords so i want so see there planet

gr spawn(ps malak rules)
 RobQel-Droma
01-08-2006, 6:02 PM
I'm Pottsie and I have just joined.

I'd like to see: ~snip~

Pretty long list. Just a question though, why go to all the planets from the first two games? What would be the point in taking time to go over things we have already done?
 Prime
01-08-2006, 7:40 PM
Pretty long list. Just a question though, why go to all the planets from the first two games? What would be the point in taking time to go over things we have already done?Well, most of the planets have more potential than was used in the first two games...
 Darth Moeller
01-08-2006, 7:53 PM
I'd like to see Coruscant definitely, along with Corellia, Dantooine again, and I don't really care what other planets they give us, as long as they're good.
 Achilles
01-08-2006, 7:56 PM
Well, most of the planets have more potential than was used in the first two games...Agreed. I wouldn't mind going to Dantooine again, so long as it was a different part of Dantooine.
 Diego Varen
01-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, they could have extra areas added to the planets and they should have planets mentioned from the first or second games.
 RobQel-Droma
01-09-2006, 3:14 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't mind going to Dantooine again, so long as it was a different part of Dantooine.

Same here, along with Korriban and maybe Telos. I was just wondering about the other planets like Nar Shaddaa, and Kashyyyk, and all those others.
 JediMaster12
01-18-2006, 5:41 PM
Okay, here's a planet that I made up in the Unknown Regions: Avalon
The surefire way to get there is if you are strong in the Force and you are true to your heart (preferably LS) if you are not, you risk ending out hyperspace near their rim world Belos. Legend says that it was created by the Force for the Force, sort like a protectorate system.

I know it may sound cheesy but it fits with one of several fanfics that I have yet to post. Other than that, I think I've said I'd like to see Yavin IV because of the temples and Exar Kun.
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-18-2006, 6:57 PM
O.K. Try this list on for size....

Coruscant- Pretty much required.

Ithor- Would be nice to see it before the Vuuzhan Vong come along.

Corellia- Wasn't the Ebon Hawk built there???

Bothawui- Bothan home planet.

Endor- Ewoks and speeder bikes...nuff said.

*Unknown Regions Planets

Csilla- Chiss home planet (blue skinned, human looking).

Zonama Sekot- It's a living planet!!!!!
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Sounds good but why exile yourself to Onderon. How will you cope with all the beasts?
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-19-2006, 9:24 PM
Well, I spent many months with the beastriders of Onderon and also I have my beast trick pretty much down pat. They really don't bother me much. Plus having a lightsaber on your belt for protection helps too! :) ;)
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Ah. Maybe you would like to train on Avalon, my homeworld. There are kirath hounds, worse than the tukata, and straif cats, they can sense Force sensitives, much like the hsiss. There are also several groups of hunters out in the Wooded Hills. They seem to get along out there. They could probably improve your dexterity.:)
 Darth Sun_Tzu
01-20-2006, 11:10 AM
The planets i'd like to see are:

Coruscant (well doesn't everybody)
Ossus
Telos (to see how it recovered)
Yarvin 4 could be interesting
some new as well. That would give the writers more freedom.
 Master Kavar
01-20-2006, 11:27 AM
New Planets:
1. Coruscant - 'nuff said. You want it, I want it, everyone does.

2. Aldeeran - Just because it looked cool in that brief scene from RotS.

3. Ord Mandell - It's been refferenced so many times in the series, I would just like to finally see it.

4. Droid Planet - I was sad to see this idea cut out from TSL, Droids need some attention too.

Returning Planets:
1. Dantooine - I just got a soft spot for this place now.

2. Nar Shaddaa - The place just has so much un-tapped potential, plenty more you could do here.

3. Telos - Same as above

Planets I could take or leave:
Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, Korriban, Onderon, Dxun
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 3:49 PM
I see you are fairly neutral concerning Korriban and you have some connection to Dantooine, the two planets most argued over. Perhaps you should be our referee Master Kavar? :)
 RobQel-Droma
01-21-2006, 2:31 PM
4. Droid Planet - I was sad to see this idea cut out from TSL, Droids need some attention too.

Why not just download the M4-78 Droid Planet Restoration mod when it comes out, and therefore see it in its original context? :)
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-21-2006, 5:10 PM
I personally don't mind seeing either Dantooine or Korriban too. But not the same area on Korriban, it's getting a little old. Seeing the enclave on Dantooine up and running again would be cool.:)

JediMaster12- Thank you for the offer, but I still much too contemplate here on Onderon. That and I think the straif cats would give me flashbacks to the Yuuzhan Vong war. ;)
 Master Kavar
01-21-2006, 7:45 PM
Why not just download the M4-78 Droid Planet Restoration mod when it comes out, and therefore see it in its original context? :)

Because I have serious doubts as to whether it will ever be completed or not, considering how little the there is in the actual game to restore, and the amount of work involved. Besides that, even if they turned it into a kick-ass mod, it's still just a mod.

I see you are fairly neutral concerning Korriban and you have some connection to Dantooine, the two planets most argued over. Perhaps you should be our referee Master Kavar?

Gladly. :smash: The thing about Dantooine, is that it can still play a major part in the series. Should the remaining Jedi from kotor 1 and 2 decide to rebuild the Jedi Order on Dantooine, it will be something new. Korriban, Dreshdae, the academy, and the valley of the dark lords is pretty much finished. Unless you go underneath the surface to the buried colony/destroyed fortress that they talked about in the first game, there's not much reason to return.
 90SK
01-21-2006, 9:58 PM
Because I have serious doubts as to whether it will ever be completed or not, considering how little the there is in the actual game to restore, and the amount of work involved. Besides that, even if they turned it into a kick-ass mod, it's still just a mod.

I wouldn't underestimate them. They're making good progress. I’ve read the plot outline, and it checks out. They’ve got all the basics down, and sidequests etc. can be easily filled in with a blend of innovation and restoration.

Besides, saying it'll be "just a mod" is a cruel generalization. I would hardly call something of that magnitude (which restores such a major plot point as an entire planer) anything less than an unofficial update, or something likened to that.
 Darth Windu
01-22-2006, 9:20 AM
Well if you consider how much material is going into the M4-78 restoration project and the TSLRP it is huge and will make a big impact on the game.

However, the fact is that in terms of canon, they were never seen. So really, M4-78 can be added into KotOR3 in it's 'original context' with little modification.
 Sabretooth
01-22-2006, 9:44 AM
Everybody's rooting for Coruscant, so WTH, I'll go for it.
Ilum would be a good place for lightsaber creation and training etc.
No Dantooine.
Korriban's okay, but a different locale.
No Manaan, unless it is dried out/devastated.
Kashyyyk's ok, but with different locale, and less wooden walkways, and at day.
Rhen Var, Trandosha, Rodia, Kril' Dor, Corellia and Sleheyron are fine candidates as well.
 Ztalker
01-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Is Ilum the frost planet from 'The Clone Wars' cartoon?
That one is cool indeed...deep epic caves, with beautifull cristals on the ceiling etc. It's also a little bit less cliche then Hoth, in my opinion.

Well...
Why won't they add the home planet of the Noghri? They could explain their history that way.
 Master Kavar
01-22-2006, 4:02 PM
I wouldn't underestimate them. They're making good progress. I’ve read the plot outline, and it checks out. They’ve got all the basics down, and sidequests etc. can be easily filled in with a blend of innovation and restoration.

Besides, saying it'll be "just a mod" is a cruel generalization. I would hardly call something of that magnitude (which restores such a major plot point as an entire planer) anything less than an unofficial update, or something likened to that.

I wasn't directly criticizing them or any other modders, all I'm saying is that even the best layed plans sometimes fall through. And I would haredly call it a cruel generalization. The planet and plot wasn't even finished, so any mod will be more creation than restoration. That's not to say I won't use it when/if it's finished, but I won't consider it canon.
 mogga
01-25-2006, 8:50 PM
Manaan, ahto city pwns
Coruscant (no-brainer)
Alderaan (i guess it would kind of be like dantooine)
Telos (You should be able to see it in its completed stage.)
 JediMaster12
01-26-2006, 9:36 AM
What made you suggest Alderaan mogga? Alderaan is nothing but a planet of artisans, there would be no reason to have something to do with the Jedi there, at least in the KOTOR time according to Saul Karath. Why Manaan, personally I thought boring planet. If I had it my way I would have completely ignored the planet altogether but you have to get a Star Map from there. I do agree with Telos. I would like to see how the restoration fared after the near disasters in TSL. Also Dantooine and Korriban because they are just important somehow besides the fairly obvious.
 Point Man
01-26-2006, 3:53 PM
I would like to return to Tattooine simply because I enjoy the paradox of this seemingly worthless world having such a significant role in the history of the galaxy.
The Rakatan world would be good to visit, too, so you can help them integrate into the Republic. Plus, since their infinite empire predates the Republic, they might have some information on the unknown regions or "The True Sith".
Telos would be okay, but not required in my view.
Any other previous planets could be left off. Please, no more of Korriban or Dantooine and especially no Manaan. If I still had babies in the house, I would use the music from Manaan as a lullaby. :zz1:
As far as new planets to visit, I would really like to go to Yavin IV to visit the temples Exar Kun left.
I think Sleyheyron or Mustafar would be smokin' :roll1:
Coruscant would be good for an urban environment.
You could visit the Gungans on Naboo if you have to have a water environment.
Then you have to add some planets from the Unknown Regions.
 DarthLinde
01-26-2006, 4:48 PM
As I said in an earlier thread, a new under-construction Taris. It would probably be an unimportant planet like the Yavin IV station, but it would be cool to visit. I mean, 5 years later KotOR 2 starts and they never (in my experience) metioned rebuilding it or anything. It would be a good tie-in for the games. (To me, KotOR 1 & 2 are totally seperated)
 JediMaster12
01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
That would be a valid planet to visit again. However I have heard no mention of Taris in EU in the later years. Maybe the reason is is that the devs weren't going to go to that place again. Do remember that Telos was a test at rstoration and if it suceeded, it could be used as a template to restore other worlds devastated by war. So if you save Citadel Station and helped with the restoration, Taris would be on the list of getting restored.
 Darth Plagueis
01-27-2006, 9:56 PM
personally i think you should go to ithor,coruscant,hoth,dathomir,and klatooine.all of the planets you visit shouldnt be the same from 1 or 2 that way totally new enviroments and people and quests.
 igyman
01-29-2006, 1:36 PM
Planets I would like to see (Note: I want to play as Revan again, already posted my idea for the begining of the game at ''KoTOR 3 Storyline ideas'' thread):

Coruscant - at the very begining of the game, main quest is to reach the Jedi Academy there.
Dark Planet - the capital world of the true Sith Empire, located just outside the galaxy.
Korriban - yes, but another part of the planet with new, unexplored Sith tombs.
The Rakatan homeworld - it would be interesting to see have the Rakata advanced in all this time.
Alderaan - no particular reason, i just want to see that one.
Ryloth - well, why not the Twi'Lek homeworld?

Well, that's all i could think of for now. In addition i can safely say that i wouldn't like to see any planet that was in the Star Wars movies (except Coruscant, of course).
 jedijones
01-30-2006, 4:00 AM
I'd say

Corellia (birthplace of han solo)
Alderaan
Coruscant
Remnants of Taris
Mustafar
Tatooine
 JediMaster12
01-30-2006, 3:52 PM
@igyman: you have an interesting planet that is called Dark Planet. Did you come up with this yourself or is the name difficult to spell? I'm just curious because Korriban is a Sith world where the ex-Jedi from the first split landed and mingled with the inhabitants. In my system, this group called the Rashikians keep trying to takeover the system and have unique Force abilities. Our people did drive them off but they have managed to infilitrate in certain areas like the Senate and the Commerce Guilds. I am curious as to how Dark Planet would fit within the context of KOTOR3
 igyman
01-30-2006, 4:02 PM
Yeah, I did come up with that myself and I realize that the name isn't very imaginative.
As for how it would fit in KoTOR 3 it's very simple - in the end of TSL Kreia said that the true Sith Empire lies in the Unknown Regions (''...where the true Sith wait for us in the dark.''), as i understand it the Unknown Regions are on the Outer Rim of the galaxy, or beyond it. So the Dark Planet would be placed somewhere in the Unknown Regions and, as I said in the Storyline thread, it would be the capital world of the true Sith.
One last thing about the name - you don't have to take it as the real name of the planet, just as the Rakatan homeworld was left nameless, so can this planet.
 Phaedra36
01-30-2006, 4:03 PM
God no Manaan or Kashyyk. Besides Corsucant, I think that all the planets should be out on the Outer Rim. After all, that's where Revan and the Exile's destinies are at. This gives a whole new playing ground of content. Like I said in one of my storyline ideas, this could give the player the option to train at the Sith Academies and to be in an enviroment where the Sith heavily outweigh the Light Side people.
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-30-2006, 5:55 PM
To JediMaster12: One question my apprentice. Is your home system anywhere near the Chiss Empire? Csilla is a harsh world in terms of weather and it amazes me that an expansive empire could originate from such a planet. Perhaps the Chiss could play a role in the new Kotor? :)
 RobQel-Droma
01-30-2006, 7:29 PM
You know, as an add-on to Yavin IV, I'd love to see Yavin Station. Except quite a bit bigger, and with more people. It could just be as kind of a side-quest area, with a combat arena, a cantina, and maybe a swoop race on the outside of the station. A few merchants, of course, with some nice items.

I can't all remember what I put down in my earlier list, but here is another possible one: Trandosha, homeworld of the Trandoshans. I'd love to see their homeworld, and what they are doing there... Perhaps what their leaders are secretly planning, or something...
 zadi
01-31-2006, 1:39 AM
If we had just six planets to go to... I'd pick Coruscant (1), Star Forge Planet (2), Telos (3), Slehyron (4), Cathar (5) and unknown Sith homeplanet. Quick missions - meaning it doesn't drag out into a full blown story - could have us return to Kashyyyk and Taris. Maybe a visit to Canderous' homeplanet since he mentions that to Revan in the first game.
 JediMaster12
01-31-2006, 12:51 PM
No Master. It is a system near the Unknown World. It is difficult to get there unless you have an Avalonian or you come across it by mistake. The Chiss don't give us trouble because they can''t find it. I've looked in the archives and the location of my homeworld has never been accurately described. I will say this I believe it is 12 parsecs south of the Rakatan world. We always have good trade relations.

As for the Chiss playing a role in KOTOR 3, that is an extreme possibility. The Ascendancy is known for its aggressive fighting style. They may be a starting point for the True Sith but the Chiss themselves are not the True Sith.
Page: 2 of 4