Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Plot Options for KOTOR 3

Page: 1 of 2
 Tysyacha
12-08-2005, 4:01 PM
Do any of these ideas sound cool to you? Please vote:
 The Doctor
12-08-2005, 4:03 PM
I.... don't see any idea.......
 Tysyacha
12-08-2005, 4:05 PM
Sorry!
 The Doctor
12-08-2005, 4:09 PM
No problem.
Anyway, I think they all are good ideas, but I'm not so crazy about the one where you give in to the bad guy.
 Tysyacha
12-08-2005, 4:19 PM
Oh, THAT would definitely have a separate ending, and it goes like this:

Darth XYZ has you down to 10 Vitality Points. You don't see much hope
because you've run out of Medpacs and Life Support Packs at last. There is
a sudden pause in the battle. You both stop fighting. Darth XYZ says:

"Become my apprentice, young one. Yield--or die."

If you choose the dialogue option to yield, the battle stops immediately.
You are treated to a scene of dozens of TIE fighters bombarding and
destroying Republic ships. The camera pans out to the viewing window,
and then to the room in which you and Darth XYZ are found. Hundreds of
battle droids and Sith Troopers surround you, and you prostrate yourself
at the feet of Darth XYZ. He folds his arms and reveals a chilling outcome...

"The Old Republic is dead. Once our forces have taken it, the Sith shall
reign supreme. Thanks to you, my apprentice, my dreams are real at last!"
 The Doctor
12-08-2005, 4:24 PM
No... that wouldn't be cool. If you go DS, you have to go all the way - become the Sith Lord yourself.
 RobQel-Droma
12-08-2005, 9:48 PM
^But seriously, that would be cool. Think about it, there would actually be an ending where you fail. While you still "beat the game", you failed everything, and ended up becoming pretty much a dark Jedi loser.
 JediMaster12
12-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a force ghost just anything but Kreia. While she provided cool back up, she had the annoying presence of coming off as pessimeitic in a spooky manner.
 RobQel-Droma
12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I agree with that. I want some force ghosts, like Jolee or maybe one of the Jedi Masters, but I don't really want Kreia.
 SilverSentinal2
12-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey interesting poll I chose have an NPC try to talk you into abandoning the darkside. I'm a firm believer in redemption, force ghost sounded interesting but really I don't see it happening.
 Vibro
12-10-2005, 11:49 AM
^But seriously, that would be cool. Think about it, there would actually be an ending where you fail. While you still "beat the game", you failed everything, and ended up becoming pretty much a dark Jedi loser.

That sounds good but it's better to be DS all the way. :sithk:
 Jae Onasi
12-10-2005, 11:56 AM
I find the idea of a separate neutral ending very interesting, and voted for that option too. However, I haven't quite figured out how to accomplish that in the SW universe, since you either save the galaxy or take over the galaxy--there's not a lot of middle ground there. Still, there's a lot of room for creativity on that one.
 Ztalker
12-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Omg...i have to say...great idead :D
I think it would be so d*mn cool if you could actually become a Sith Apprentice, thus getting new powers. By the way, you could always kill your master and become a Lord yourself, aye?

Also, the Force Ghost option could be cool. We don't know much about it, so it could bring some..mysterious sense into the game.

Also, seing one of your NPC's being tortured etc, would be very cool.
I think it was one of the hart-breaking things off Kotor 1.

I think it would make sense if some NPC's would try to get you back to the light/dark. It would add some replay value to the game.

Good ideas overall, that can be realy cool if developed well.
Good Poll, Tysyacha
 RobQel-Droma
12-10-2005, 12:18 PM
^The NPC-who-tries-to-turn-you-back was an idea I really liked. You kind of got a little bit of that at the end of KotOR I, if you were a DS Female, but that was at the very end, and there was no way you could actually come back to the LS.
 Ztalker
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Exactly, like we said before, it ads a more intense gamplay :)
It would indeed be cool, that the Influence system would also count for NPC's, so they are trying to increase their influence on the PC.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-10-2005, 1:02 PM
All of these ideas now that I think of it. Especially that that you can go to the dark side and become his/her servant. I like all of those ideas.
 JediMaster12
12-10-2005, 1:51 PM
Hey interesting poll I chose have an NPC try to talk you into abandoning the darkside. I'm a firm believer in redemption, force ghost sounded interesting but really I don't see it happening.

I believe it too. I'm interested in the option of seeing force ghosts because I thought it neat in the original series. I'm with you though, anyone can be redeemed if they choose it.
 Tysyacha
12-10-2005, 3:02 PM
I'm glad to see more responses and feedback on this! When KOTOR 3 comes out,
maybe these ideas won't be put in place, but I know I'd definitely try to talk some
plot developers at LucasArts into it if I worked for them as one of their staff. :)

I'm thinking of writing a multi-part fanfic based on the ideas that have 9
or more people voting for them. Who'd like to read it if and when I post it? :)

Sincerely thrilled,
Tysyacha
 RobQel-Droma
12-10-2005, 3:03 PM
I'd definitely read it.
 JediMaster12
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm glad to see more responses and feedback on this! When KOTOR 3 comes out,
maybe these ideas won't be put in place, but I know I'd definitely try to talk some
plot developers at LucasArts into it if I worked for them as one of their staff. :)

For sure KOTOR 3 is coming out?

I'm thinking of writing a multi-part fanfic based on the ideas that have 9
or more people voting for them. Who'd like to read it if and when I post it? :)

Sincerely thrilled,
Tysyacha

I'd read myself
 RobQel-Droma
12-12-2005, 1:35 PM
For sure KOTOR 3 is coming out?

Well... It hasn't actually been announced, but... I think it is kind of a foregone conclusion.
 Ztalker
12-12-2005, 1:39 PM
yeah,....

Kotor has always been the Killer App. for Lucasarts. It gives them an enormous cash flow.
It would be like slaying the chicken with the golden eggs.

But i agree on this topic:
All this ideas should be worked out, or at least put in some side quest.
Strange no-one has ever come with such an interesting topic...:s
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 10:09 PM
The force ghosts would be a cool thing to have, but having Kreia as one of them doesnt seem cool, it seems like as if you had some annoying grandma who seems to pop in and get up in your face telling you to do all these things and whenever you just here or see her, you feel like just taking out your 'whack 'em stick' and stabbing her with it repeatedly.
 Emperor Devon
12-18-2005, 12:29 AM
You are treated to a scene of dozens of TIE fighters bombarding and
destroying Republic ships. The camera pans out to the viewing window,
and then to the room in which you and Darth XYZ are found. Hundreds of
battle droids and Sith Troopers surround you, and you prostrate yourself
at the feet of Darth XYZ. He folds his arms and reveals a chilling outcome...[/I]

Err... NO. Only a completely spineless Jedi would ever do something like that. I disgree strongly.

On a side note, TIE fighters didn't exist then. ;)
 Ztalker
12-18-2005, 3:41 AM
it's about the discription of the situation,ED.

It means you are outnnumbered, out-everythingt, frankly, and have only one choise:
Join them or dye here.

It's about joining Sith Lords so you can be their apprentice.
If you are surrounded by 500 Sith Troopers, and a Sith Lord, i think you will choose the savest way ^^
 Emperor Devon
12-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Meh. Any capable Sith Lord could kill 500 Sith Troopers. They don't count for much.

The odds aside, don't you think an ending like that would be a terrible ending to the KOTOR series?
 Darca Lar
12-18-2005, 2:15 PM
I dont think that would make a great ending, maybe if it was just one of the turning points maybe, but as an ending i dont think work out as well.
 RobQel-Droma
12-18-2005, 4:33 PM
The odds aside, don't you think an ending like that would be a terrible ending to the KOTOR series?

Exactly- a terrible ending for obviously a terrible player, if they couldn't normally beat the Sith Lord. I've seen "you failed and everyone died" endings in the Myst Series, and they did a really good job on them. Trust me, it really gives you a sense of total loss as it should.

If they will make a KotOR 4, then no we shouldn't have the ending. But if this is the ending, then you should be a worthy enough player to save/conquer the galaxy. If you aren't, you just failed, and the whole galaxy is in ruin.
 JediKnight707
12-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a force ghost just anything but Kreia. While she provided cool back up, she had the annoying presence of coming off as pessimeitic in a spooky manner.

Yeah, she wasn't exactly a happy person. :rofl:
 RobQel-Droma
12-19-2005, 12:04 PM
I'd rather have someone like Nihilus as a "bad guy" force ghost. No Kreia, please.
 Emperor Devon
12-19-2005, 12:50 PM
I'd rather have someone like Nihilus as a "bad guy" force ghost. No Kreia, please.

Given Nihilus' unique connection to the Force, whether he can become a Force ghost or not is questionable.

I'm all for a Kreia Force ghost. She was the best party member in both KotOR games, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the third game.
 PoiuyWired
12-19-2005, 1:20 PM
Given Nihilus' unique connection to the Force, whether he can become a Force ghost or not is questionable.

I'm all for a Kreia Force ghost. She was the best party member in both KotOR games, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the third game.

When is Kreia the old hag in kotor1 ?
Well, I think her return created some problems though, a few cameo is nice, but as an on-going NPC this would be annoying, we have enough of her nagging, ductapes please!

We KNOW T3 MUST BE BACK... and possably HK47 one way or another (esp if the droid planet in kotor3 rumor is true)

Now it would be nice to see Mandalore, as NPC but not as playable member. (or only temporary one) We do want him to succeed in getting a good old Mandalore clan together...

How about a Force Ghost of that Valdar (the yoda dude) as a guide? It makes sense.
 Sabretooth
12-21-2005, 9:02 AM
1. I like the idea, but it sort of wouldn't make sense. you can't have a hero/evildude who kills this Sith Lord and when he's asked why, he says "Just because I wanted to kill him and it was pretty obvious I should." A sort of careless Jedi, so to speak.
2. That's okay, but it'll seem a little too typical Star Wars and repititive, now that we have the Bastila thing.
3. Believe me, we'll always have plenty of those. I didn't like the Influence thing too much. It made my mates look like slaves...
4. That'd make sense in the movies and series, but it's a strict no-no to a game. I mean, you fought, like, a million people to get here and you give up to him, like a damned coward. Besides, it'll make the game much easier and break the super-tough-boss rule.
5. That's okay. I'll like Vandar or Vrook, maybe someone else like a more mature Bastila, Juhani, Atris etc. NOT Kreia.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Well, I think her return created some problems though, a few cameo is nice, but as an on-going NPC this would be annoying, we have enough of her nagging, ductapes please!

We KNOW T3 MUST BE BACK... and possably HK47 one way or another (esp if the droid planet in kotor3 rumor is true)

Now it would be nice to see Mandalore, as NPC but not as playable member. (or only temporary one) We do want him to succeed in getting a good old Mandalore clan together...

Yep. While I liked Kriea as back up with Force Chain ability, I just don't like her pessimism

How about a Force Ghost of that Valdar (the yoda dude) as a guide? It makes sense.

Actually the name is Vandar
 Ztalker
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
But the ideas would seem good, don't they?
It could increase the replay value and connection to the PC.
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 1:43 PM

I know that Kreia was an interesting character, she was probably one of the most intricate and complex characters in the series, by far. She really isn't that bad, but I don't think she would be a force ghost- why would she return in the form of something she wanted to destroy?

As for Nihilus, I almost wondered whether he wasn't a ghost in TSL, if you know what I mean. I don't really see how it wouldn't work; If anyone, he would seem to fit the type.

But Vandar wasn't really much of any type of character in the first game, and so he really doesn't have much importance. It wouldn't make sense for some minor character to show up in the third game as a force ghost and all of a sudden become a major character.

As for a "good guy force ghost", I'd either like to see Jolee or Kavar- or maybe both. Without a doubt I want to see a Force Ghost Jolee, of course, and I think it might be nice to see Kavar, or maybe Vash. Probably Kavar, since Vash didn't really do much in TSL. But, if we just get one Force Ghost, make it Jolee please.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 9:13 PM
Jolee might qualify as the best force ghost choice since he has all that experience from his life and plus, hes just cool.
 Emperor Devon
12-21-2005, 11:40 PM

She isn't. For future reference, saying "She was the best party member in both KOTOR games." Can also mean "If you compare the party members from both games, Krei was the best one."

but I don't think she would be a force ghost- why would she return in the form of something she wanted to destroy?

While she hates the Force, Kreia might return as a Force ghost if it is absolutely necessary.

As for Nihilus, I almost wondered whether he wasn't a ghost in TSL,

He wasn't a ghost. Although in a sense, he was dead.

I don't really see how it wouldn't work; If anyone, he would seem to fit the type.

Probably not, actually. You never knew what he was saying in KotOR II, so wouldn't it be rather odd to have him speak in Basic in KotOR III?
 RobQel-Droma
12-22-2005, 1:22 PM
He wasn't a ghost. Although in a sense, he was dead.

I know he wasn't a ghost. :rolleyes: I was commenting on the type of character he was; He was just this big robed shape under a mask.

Probably not, actually. You never knew what he was saying in KotOR II, so wouldn't it be rather odd to have him speak in Basic in KotOR III?

Not really. If he became a Force Ghost, don't you think he might be able to communicate to you better? He would be a ghost, so I don't really think that he would have to do his whistling/groaning thing; He would probably be able to talk to you. Or even if he did, he is coming back through the Force, so you could probably understand what he is trying to say through the Force, if you get what I'm saying.
 Manny C
12-22-2005, 6:34 PM
Great ideas, mate. But i think for the neutral ending one, i wouldnt really like an actual seperate ending, but probably the lightside ending, BUT where the dialogue recognizes that you are neutral.
 PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 8:58 PM
Well, neutral end would probabl be LS ending, with minor changes... still, I would like to see them.
 RobQel-Droma
12-22-2005, 9:38 PM
Its kind of hard to imagine a nuetral ending- not sure really what it could be. How could they make an ending that is neither LS nor DS?
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 3:00 PM
Possibly but I would find it rather dull
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-26-2006, 3:36 PM
YES!!! NEUTRAL! i would LOVE new ending and similar bonuses to max light/dark side for a perfect neutral (or almost perfect, like +/-5 points). That would be so great, this is the thing i would love the most, i had never thought of it, but i have completed both games perfect neutral, so yes! Ending could be something like defeating the final bss and leaving the republic/ sith to the fate of Galaxy and going away to some remote system, opening a farm, having family and children and so on.
 ForceFightWMe12
01-26-2006, 5:15 PM
I think my favorite idea would be having an NPC to try and turn you back from the Dark Side. I think it would have been amazing for there to be a chance for Revan's and Bastila's places be switched on the Star Forge...It would just be fun to (perhaps) slaughter the person, or 'See the Light', depending on whether or not you had a bad day :xp:
 JediMaster12
01-27-2006, 10:31 AM
That would be an interesting suggestion. It would still hold up to the underlying theme of making your own choices. That would be interesting. Of course, you do slaughter the people on the Unknown World in KOTOR if you turn DS and Carth I think later tries to redeem you.
 RobQel-Droma
01-27-2006, 5:40 PM
If you are a DS female, yeah, Carth shows up on the Star Forge and tries to redeem you. But unlike Tysyacha suggested, you can't accept- you have to kill him.

I think their was an option to go back to the LS and die on the Star Forge with Carth, but it was cut.
 Darth Plagueis
01-27-2006, 9:40 PM
there cant be force ghosts cause there not discovered till qui-gonn jinn figures it out in episode 3
 RobQel-Droma
01-28-2006, 12:41 PM
^And how do you know that for sure?
 XoRRoX
01-28-2006, 1:12 PM
There has existed alot of force ghots before Qui-Gon.

I would like, that the PC was dark side to begin with. Then he is converted to the light side by Jolee (the force ghost).
Page: 1 of 2