Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting rid of T3

Page: 3 of 4
 Soogz
04-18-2006, 9:16 PM
No way they should get rid of T3. He is a main part of the story, plus it is always classic to have the two droids, and replacing him with a different droid just doesn't feel right.
 tbl1
04-19-2006, 12:42 AM
It's like telling luke to get rid of r2d2, telling Face from the a-team to get rid of the 'Vet' (corvette) or BA (Mr. T) to get rid of the van with the red stripe. Telling hassehoff (how ever you spell it) to get rid of knightrider, the dukes of hazard to get rid of the confederate flag on top of their car. Can't think of any other than cars.
 RedHawke
04-19-2006, 1:00 AM
I repeat: T3 pwns! All those who say otherwise must have never actually used him... :p

Telling hassehoff (how ever you spell it) to get rid of knightrider
*Puts on 80's TV show geek hat*

Michael Knight's car was called KITT...

Though I'm a fan of KITT's evil twin KARR myself! :xp:

*Flees thread before being pelted with rotten fruit for knowing this*
 Jae Onasi
04-19-2006, 1:17 AM
It's like telling luke to get rid of r2d2, telling Face from the a-team to get rid of the 'Vet' (corvette) or BA (Mr. T) to get rid of the van with the red stripe. Telling hassehoff (how ever you spell it) to get rid of knightrider, the dukes of hazard to get rid of the confederate flag on top of their car. Can't think of any other than cars.

Like Jaime Sommers and Steve Austin without their Bionics, or Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto without their defibrillator, or Reed and Malloy without their police badges....
Like MacGyver without, well, I guess that one won't work since he could build anything out of duct tape, paper clips, Q-tips, and Hershey bars.

Keep T3 forever.
 Reclaimer
04-19-2006, 6:30 AM
Get rid of him...and you die.

**leaves room**
 Jason Skywalker
04-19-2006, 6:37 AM
T3-M4 and HK-47 will never be replaced.
 Cygnus Q'ol
04-21-2006, 1:06 PM

Don't forget Starsky's Grand Torino or the multi-colored bus of the Partridge family.

C'mon, how would the Jetsons have gotten along without Rosie?

I think Vader815 has droid-a-phobia. It's 2006, gotta get over yourself.

Not only is T3 a character, but he's quite useful. I can't really imagine playing KotOR without him. He is an intrical part of this saga and it would be a grave mistake to exclude him from the next KotOR. I'm quite sure he'll be there, if they continue the series.

He was fun to play with and I really wish I could've done more with him.
I agree with Saint Killa. He can unlock the nav-com and follow Revan.
That actually wouldn't be a bad place to start K3.
(OK, maybe not start, but, weave it in there somehow).
 mimic666
04-21-2006, 1:56 PM
After breaking into the sith military base in Kotor1, he's useless. Also after escapiing peragus in K2, he is also useless. GOTO could've destroyed Malachor V if he wanted to. What would he do in K3? finally fix the food dispenser?

PS. HK isn't 'one of a kind' shown in K2 on Telos.
 JediMaster12
04-21-2006, 4:05 PM
O the blasphemy! :xp:
T3 is a big help in getting into the system on Goto's yacht and reveals bits about Revan. In KOTOR, after the Sith military base, I took him onto Korriban to unlock Uthar's room so I didn't have to initiate the double-double cross quest. He is quite the handy lil droid.
 Hallucination
04-21-2006, 5:20 PM
After breaking into the sith military base in Kotor1, he's useless. Also after escapiing peragus in K2, he is also useless. GOTO could've destroyed Malachor V if he wanted to. What would he do in K3? finally fix the food dispenser?

Try upgrading him fully in K2. ;)
 vader815
04-21-2006, 7:14 PM

What do you mean HK-47 isn't 'one of a kind' there is nothing like him, not even the HK-50 are like him, HK-47 single handly defeated many jedi while several teams of HK-50's couldn't kill one.
 shinyjedi
04-21-2006, 7:42 PM
In the Sith acadamy on Korriban in K1, I used T3 to exploit the level up glitch. He was the only one in the party whose computer skill was l33t enough to do it without loads of spikes. I only wish the exploit was as quick in K2 as it was with T3 in K1.

He's invaluable on G0-T0s yacht in K2.

G0-T0, on the other hand, in addition to having a name that's annoying to type, was utterly worthless. Could have destroyed Malachor V? Only by stopping Remote from triggering the generator. Almost anybody could have done the same. Now, try the scenerio between G0-T0 and T3-M4, and the outcome suddenly isn't so clear. Fully upgraded and kitted out, the two should be at least equal until you take into account all the extra boosts T3 gets from Exile's tinkering and the T3 only armor upgrades and self-sustaining unit. Fatboy would get schooled by T3, set back a couple of grades, and reschooled. Now, sure, Gone-Out might be able to do something using out of game skills such as K....R.....E....I....A (accentuated spelling in homage to meatbag :rock: ) did when entering the Trayus acadamy, but what might T3 not have been capable of using out of game abilities?
 mimic666
04-21-2006, 10:00 PM
If you have high enough Security skills and a Security spike tunneler you don't need T3 to get into uthar's room. On GOTO's yacht you don't need T3 if you have enough Computer skills. Um, vader someone said HK is one of a kind and I replyed saying that the type HK isn't unique not HK-47 himself and look above my post someoneelse also says he's not unique other than myself. Hmm didn't know of this level up glitch, but I know of several others. I know some glitches for k2, but I haven't played in over a year, so I'm not surprised I missed some of the stuff in the second paragraph shinjedi.
 shinyjedi
04-22-2006, 12:58 AM
With very few exceptions, no character in the game is completely indespensible. Yes, any character with the proper computer skill and spikes/tunnellers could have done uthar's room, but does that make T3 useless? Hardly. T3 is easier to get to the point where you don't need that stuff. I concentrated on getting my PC to be good with computers and repair, but T3 just left her in the dust. In K2 in particular, he starts with really good stats and advances more quickly than is possible relying solely on experience points.
With the exception of the assasination protocols, HK is no better than T3 in all the stats that count. Okay, his strength is way higher, but you can't equip any of the droids with melee weapons anyway, so who cares?
And G0-T0's special doesn't even have a function in the game so far as I can tell!

In the end, unless the writers specify that "Only character X may perform this mission or this function," there is choice. But really, how many of the characters have truly unique and indespensible abilities? In K2 you can end up with 2 jedi sentinals and 2 guardians in addition to the true neutral consular and whatever your PC is. Which you take becomes, particularly at higher levels, a matter of preference. Sure, Mira can ignore mines and Atton keeps getting up when he goes to 0 vitality and Bao Dur can destroy force fields. But beyond those special traits, a jedi is a jedi, and they're kind of interchangable. There are other ways to get past mines and break force fields, and if you're in so much trouble that Atton's ability to not stay dead comes into play, you're already in too much trouble. Who you take along is more about who you WANT to take than who you need to take. By the standard of "after breaking into the sith military base, he's useless" then Mira is useless after she lets the exile into the Jekk Jekk Tar, and Bao Dur is useless after he makes the lightsaber, Juhani is useless after you either kill her or don't kill her, Visas is useless untill you board the Ravager, and G0-T0 is useless after you show him to the hutt on Nar Shadda (okay, that one I agree with :) ) Just because he doesn't have a specific task, doesn't mean he's useless. Although, come to think of it, T3 is required on Nar Shadda in order to get to G0-T0's yacht. I suppose to be fair, I could say that Mira is necessary on Malachor V except that I still can't figure out how her meeting with Hanhaar advances the story at all. :giveup:

T3 has character and is a pretty handy guy to have around to boot. His extra buffs go a long way to making him more powerful than the average droid, which he never was to begin with. Like HK, he was one of a kind, purpose built, with no peer.
 mimic666
04-22-2006, 9:08 AM
Thanks for the flame shinyjedi I was agreeing with you until this point, besides like I said before I haven't played k2 in like a year or so. Mira lets you bypass the crap load of mines on GOTO'S yacht removing them is just a waist of time and on Duxon before you come in contact with all those sith and the dark jedi, but the fact you can turn her into a jedi on nar shaada is kinda cool to have on duxon so you don't only have one jedi with that party. Bao dur fixes the f**ked up parts of the ship and you also get some backstory of your PC from him (he was under your command in the mandalorian wars), yeah you can stick your lightsaber in the force field so he's useless in that point. Juhani (on the lightside) frees you from the force field on the Leviathan and is funny when you flirt with her when you are female with low persuade points. Juhani kind of helps on the Unknown world even though you don't want the help by her and Jolee. I really don't don't like atton. Visas shows you how she sees through the force and is better to have instead of a 'jedi' with only one hand. Like I said before 'the type HK is not unique, but the droid HK-47 is'. by the way when I play I max out comp, repair, security and treat injury and fill in what's left, but now that I have KSE I max out everything at 100. I've got to goto work now bye.
 bobogarcia
04-22-2006, 9:52 AM
I dont really care for him. I used him the least in both games. HK is alot more interesting and should be in.
 Hallucination
04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the flame shinyjedi
He didn't flame you.... Mira lets you bypass the crap load of mines on GOTO'S yacht removing them is just a waist of time and on Duxon before you come in contact with all those sith and the dark jedi
That's because you don't use those mines, but some people do. but the fact you can turn her into a jedi on nar shaada is kinda cool to have on duxon so you don't only have one jedi with that party. She isn't the only person who can become a jedi in the game... Bao dur fixes the f**ked up parts of the ship and you also get some backstory of your PC from him (he was under your command in the mandalorian wars)What does he fix? Juhani (on the lightside) frees you from the force field on the Leviathan and is funny when you flirt with her when you are female with low persuade points. You can use almost any character in your party at that part... I really don't don't like atton. Well good for you. Visas shows you how she sees through the force and is better to have instead of a 'jedi' with only one hand. But Force Sight is worthless after the first few moments of fun, and you can get four other jedi in your party. by the way when I play I max out comp, repair, security and treat injury and fill in what's left, but now that I have KSE I max out everything at 100.
Good to see you can cheat, but how does that make T3 useless to people who play the game normally?
 The Source
04-22-2006, 11:49 AM
What I like about KotOR is that there are a few items that relate to the 'Original trilogy'.
1. Ebon Hawk
2. T3-M4

If the developers dropped these two, I would not feel like Han Solo when playing KotOR.
 shinyjedi
04-22-2006, 3:47 PM
Thanks for the flame shinyjedi

Eh? What flame?

Mira lets you bypass the crap load of mines on GOTO'S yacht removing them is just a waist of time
You get at least 45 exp for each low grade mine. I would imagine tougher mines net more, but haven't checked. If you retrieve every mine on G0-T0's yacht, it almost amounts to a trip through the kinrath cave experience-wise. Ignoring them nets nothing. The real interesting thing is to retrieve and then reset them.

Bao dur fixes the f**ked up parts of the ship

The only in-game repairs he does that actually mean anything are the upgrades to G0-T0 and remote, neither of which I, personally, have ever benefited from. In any case, both of the boosts together don't amount to half of what T3 gets all by himself, even leaving aside the mostly un-needed force regen ability he gains.

Note: I have double-checked this post, and while it does answer some of your statements in ways you might not like, I can find no trace of flame. Enjoy the game, and next time you're on Leviathon, try using Mission to rescue the others, she works great.
 mimic666
04-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I was just kidding about the flame bit. I don't really use mines in k2 that much that's my way of doing things, I didn't say that's what everybody does or should do. I used Mira as an example because shinyjedi said something about her being useless and I do not like atton, but nothing was said about the handmaiden. whenever you speak to him he's always somewhere where there is sparking wire, so I fiqured he was fixing something. Bao does fix T3 if he counts as part of the ship since he can 'dock' with it. How far on the leviathon can you get before being destroyed while using characters other than Juhani or Canderous? Yes I HATE Atton and that's my opinion and thanks for yours. I only cheat now because I've beaten the game 10x Lightside 4x Darkside. shinyjedi I don't like XP, Leveling up gets in the way of killing. I use the mines alot while dealing with Rancors and Terantateks. Mission always get's shot to sh*t when I play with her. I'm getting back to the main topic. Whether or not T3 should be dealt with is in the players hands. How a person plays the game is up to them, I personally don't like T3 because he bleeps too d**n much, nah just kidding he's okay... I guess.
 Dark Lord Revan
04-23-2006, 8:30 PM
I suppose you don't want to get rid of HK though, do you. TOO BAD!!! They are a package deal, just like R2 and 3PO. I am definitely not with you :dissaprove:

Maybe they will let you decide whether he will stay or not, for the T3 haters like you, but he will be there.
AY....MEN!!!
 firehead2591
04-23-2006, 10:06 PM
no no no no no no no.... i love t3 and hes not regular...hes an astromech droid that has a pesonality that i really like...and you can't say that hk and t3 would have been destroyed because you could reinforce is dialouge(like tsl) that the ebon hawk WASN"T destryed in malachor V. And if you did say that then i guess you would have to have a completely different set of allies
 Prime
04-24-2006, 1:45 PM
We are still talking about this?? I really feel like I should close this thread.

Should I?
 Dark Lord Revan
04-24-2006, 3:09 PM
But if you think about it, if you played the dark side on K2 the Hawk, HK, and T3 all disappeared, we don't know if they flew out of the ship or if they were in it when it fell. that is enough for me we it comes to say that they are nolonger part of the KOTOR series. Remember that that includes T3
guh...that isnt the Cannon ending...
 NomadInvader
04-24-2006, 3:21 PM
T3 has a place in my heart(although HK-47's is greater) and you shall not get rid of him!!! If you get rid of T3, you'll then be whining about getting rid of T*. It's an endless chain waiting to happen! Don't start it.
 JediMaster12
04-24-2006, 5:47 PM
We are still talking about this?? I really feel like I should close this thread.

Should I?
It's up to you Prime though I am fairly certain that a number of people love to rant about T3 and Hk and whether or not we should get rid of them. :D
 shinyjedi
04-24-2006, 7:01 PM
Active interest, no flaming, I'd say let it live :thmbup1:
 Lightsider
04-25-2006, 3:04 AM
T3 is a unique droid and is a one of a kind droid, and why would you think it wouldbe outdated. Even computers now can be upgraded so in an avanced civ like the star wars universe almost everything would be upgradable.
 TegSkywalker
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I think they should keep T3 because he was the R2-D2 of this series. Yes he wasn't that great of a fighter, but was handy at times to open up locked containers or use a terminal. He also helped me get secret items since my main characters in both games did not develop strong technical skills.
 Prime
04-28-2006, 9:40 AM
I think they should keep T3 because he was the R2-D2 of this series. Yes he wasn't that great of a fighter, but was handy at times to open up locked containers or use a terminal. I'd almost say the opposite. In TSL at least he was almost too good of a fighter, as you could upgrade him into a tank. I would have prefered that he was less combat oriented, and more focused in the astromech abilities. Granted the player has some control over this...
 Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 9:51 AM
The little fellow is quite useful, makes for an interesting character, and well, he's great to have around. Besides, it's funny to see bigger enemies getting their asses handed to them by a little astromech droid.
 JediMaster12
04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Like three HK-50s getting fried by T3's shock arm. Classic! :lol:
 Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 12:00 PM
That's what I'm talking about! Incidentally, I laughed my ass off when I watched R2 using his thrusters as a flamethrower. Talk about devilish little droids... T3 and R2 are little metal demons! XD
 Jasper_Kazai
04-28-2006, 1:30 PM
I don't really care either way. I never use T3 after Taris. (Or any other time he is 100% needed in order to continue, if there is any. I forgot.)
 JediMaster12
04-28-2006, 1:39 PM
I mentioned that I used him to unlock Uthar Wynn's room. That way I didn't have to go through the whole thing of the double-double cross. My security was never high enough anyway.
 DarthBalls9
04-28-2006, 2:34 PM
i think in KotOR III the should let you use R2D2 and C3P0. now would that be cool. who is with me
 The Doctor
04-28-2006, 2:44 PM
Oh, the continuity errors...
 Jasper_Kazai
04-28-2006, 4:00 PM
i think in KotOR III the should let you use R2D2 and C3P0. now would that be cool. who is with meThat'd be stupid. Now, if they were put in as an easter egg... That'd be cool. :thmbup1:
 Point Man
04-28-2006, 7:40 PM
T3 has to stay. You have to use him to unlock the navicomputer on the Ebon Hawk so you can go to the Unknown Regions where Revan went.
 shinyjedi
04-28-2006, 8:10 PM
i think in KotOR III the should let you use R2D2 and C3P0. now would that be cool. who is with me

C3P0 was built by Anakin Skywalker some 4000 years after the events in Kotor. I'm guessing we won't be jumping that far ahead.
 Jasper_Kazai
04-28-2006, 8:32 PM
C3P0 was built by Anakin Skywalker some 4000 years after the events in Kotor. I'm guessing we won't be jumping that far ahead.You never know...
Knights of the Galatic Empire (and a Little Before That)
Starring everyone's favorite troublesome droid duo, C-3P0 and R2-D2!
 Darth Manus
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
I just wonder why they made C-3PO sound so... uh... cowardly and almost queer.
 JediMaster12
04-29-2006, 1:47 AM
He's a protocol droid. He's programmed for ettiquette, not destruction. Maybe it was part of the comedy?
 shinyjedi
04-29-2006, 4:00 PM
There was an actor named Roddy McDowell who sort of personified the "gentleman's gentleman" in the color era of the movies. 3P0's mannerisms and voice closely approximate (with droidy bits added) Mr McDowell's.
The diff is that Roddy McDowell was the epitome of the "veddy veddy" British aristocracy of the late colonial era. They all sounded sort of cowardly and gay and yet the Union Jack flew over a good chunk of the globe before they called it a day. Whereas 3P0 seems really to have been cowardly.

Roddy McDowell
http://www.xmoppet.org/tv/cross/cross002.jpg)
 Hoboknight
04-30-2006, 3:27 PM
I hate driods period, R2D2 was gaaay

HoboKnight, refrain from using the word "gay" from describing something in a derogitory manner. -RH
 Darth Manus
04-30-2006, 6:38 PM
R2, T3 and HK would make one hell of a team. Two little demons with shock arms, thrusters, flamethrowers and blasters, and a metal exterminator with an attitude... Now there's something I'd love to see.
 Dark Lord Revan
05-01-2006, 5:27 PM
You're right, R2-D2 was obsolete during the entire OT, 30 years after his first appearance...

Frankly, your arguments have been childish and your spelling is horrendous. Don't expect to gather support this way.

Besides, HK-47 has a newer version of himself called HK-50.

Oh and by the way, what can you do in KotOR? Would replacing T3's level 1 armor for a level 3 one be considered an upgrade?! :eek:

Oh my god! I mean, I've upgraded T3!
I dissagree to the entirety of your post...even your title

R2-D2 is a classic charecter...and so is C-3P0, you cant break them up
neither can your break up T3 and HK, there Are R7's out there...but luke kept R2, there are other protocol droids, but they still have Ani's

GO DEVILS!
 Hallucination
05-01-2006, 6:22 PM
^^The statement about R2 being useless was sarcasm. ;)
 JediMaster12
05-01-2006, 6:43 PM
I hate driods period
What's there to hate about droids? They are damned useful especially if you take fighters into battle. The astromechs are handy lil blokes. What's there not to like?
 The Doctor
05-01-2006, 7:50 PM
What's wrong with droids, Hoboknight?
Page: 3 of 4