Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting rid of T3

Page: 2 of 4
 90SK
11-02-2005, 5:16 PM
<Insert Pro-TSL argument here>
 The Doctor
11-02-2005, 5:19 PM
^TSL was, in and of itself, an OK game. Without the fact that is was supossed to be a sequal, it had a fairly well written storyline, and the characters were interestin, if incomplete. It had a good combat engine, etc., and the graphices were amazing.
I just think it could have been much better.
 90SK
11-02-2005, 5:24 PM
I would argue that it was much better, but due to circumstance it got sieved to death.

Retail TSL can make way for a sequel, if barely. I mean, who is to say that anyone in your party save Mira and GO-TO were on the Hawk to begin with? It's a terrible argument, but it's enough leverage for them, I guess.
 The Doctor
11-02-2005, 5:32 PM
Are you saying it was better than KotOR? I'm scared of you.
Like I said, TSL was an Ok game, but it could have been better. I wish they had at least spent more time tying up the loose ends that they left hanging there - like your relationship with Mira, the fact that you couldn't do anything with Bao-Dur if you were male, and the HK-50 droids, to name a few. They should have replaced the HK-50 droids with normal bounty hunters instead of leaving us hanging there waiting to find out where they came from.
 90SK
11-02-2005, 5:35 PM
No. I said the original concept was on par with KotOR, but the butchered retail version was not (though frankly, I enjoyed them both as much. Each had unique qualities).
 DarkExcalibur42
11-02-2005, 5:52 PM
T3 is old, outdated, unwanted. Y do u want him. YYYYYYYYY??????????

Mostly because he's old, outdated, and NOT unwanted. Old stuff kicks ass. He has actually had time to develop SOME KIND OF PERSONALITY!!!!

ALL characters are supposed to have limitations or flaws. It's what makes them interesting. Rule number 1 for anyone who ever does any creative writing. And reason number 1 for why i'm indifferent to Superman.

*ahem*
anyhow, he was my favorite character (tied with Jolee and HK-47). I just wish they had done more with him in K1.
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 5:54 PM
But if you think about it, if you played the dark side on K2 the Hawk, HK, and T3 all disappeared, we don't know if they flew out of the ship or if they were in it when it fell. that is enough for me we it comes to say that they are nolonger part of the KOTOR series. Remember that that includes T3

And HK. But look, the fact is they are not going to get rid of the majority (yes I said majority) of fans by getting rid of them. As you said, we don't know whether they survived. So they could have them come back. And it just doesn't make sense, we have all these recurring things in both games, and then for the last one they are gone and we have some run-of-the-mill droids or ship or whatever? Uh-uh, isn't going to happen.
 Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 7:00 PM
About as normal as R2 is normal :xp:.

Exactly. That is what I was really trying to convey. If you think about it, R2 is normal; any other astromech droid under the same circumstances would have done the same R2 does. But we have all come to love little R2. As we love T3.
 vader815
11-02-2005, 8:12 PM
What does "TSL" mean? Sorry for dumbly asking during a T3 arguement
 Darthrevan_3
11-02-2005, 8:31 PM
TSL:
The
Sith
Lords

Duh! :stick: so dum, must poke,... OMG! :sheepdanc
 lukeiamyourdad
11-02-2005, 9:22 PM
But if you think about it, if you played the dark side on K2 the Hawk, HK, and T3 all disappeared, we don't know if they flew out of the ship or if they were in it when it fell. that is enough for me we it comes to say that they are nolonger part of the KOTOR series. Remember that that includes T3

No, you just ASSUMED that they didn't come out. The Exile could've fished the Hawk out of there after the endgame cinematic.
 vader815
11-03-2005, 6:51 AM
No, you just ASSUMED that they didn't come out. The Exile could've fished the Hawk out of there after the endgame cinematic.

And you just ASSUME that he did
 Sabretooth
11-03-2005, 7:49 AM
How about something like, you take T3, and then you can use upgrades/equipment to modify his look and feel? Something like Winamp skins?
 90SK
11-03-2005, 8:10 AM

No, he presented the other case scenario to your assumption, both as likely to be truth. He didn't counter your assumption with another assumption.
 Prime
11-03-2005, 9:23 AM
Maybe the real point is, HK was programmed as an assassin droid, while T3 is just a normal utility droid.But I like that. I think it is good to have characters like T3, Mission, Bao-Dur, and the like who are not really combat oriented by nature. They add a nice variety and very different skill sets that compliments the rest of the group. I don't want every NPC to be a warrior.

I would definitely not call him normal, not to mention as I said he probably was upgraded many times. He was. By me! :D
 RobQel-Droma
11-03-2005, 10:04 AM

Um, people don't usually assume with words like "could." Come on, Vader... :xp:
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 10:25 PM

No, I don't. I'm bringing up the other possibility (as CptSkye said and Rob mentionning my use of the word "could"). There is no assurance whatsoever that they remained in the depths or were fished out eventually.
None of the two possibility is more or less viable then the other. We are at an impasse. The argument pretty much ends here.
 RedHawke
11-03-2005, 10:38 PM
T3 pwns! All those who say otherwise must have never actually used him... :p

That shock arm was awesome in TSL, little T3 could open up a can of whoopass with that... 10-60 damage at level 10+, and no charges, come on people that just rules!

That little tin can kicks butt! :xp:
 Hallucination
11-03-2005, 10:55 PM
We Should get rid of T3. Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You be crazy. You die now. Seriously though, t3 is one very good reason to get the kotor series, and getting rid of him goes right up to the top of the list (of stupid things to do to kotor) with 'make it like JA' and 'make it a side-scrolling adventure in a lush 16 colour landscape'. In other words NO!
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I can't believe 4 persons actually voted to get rid of him :disaprove
 YertyL
11-04-2005, 1:14 AM
T3 pwns! All those who say otherwise must have never actually used him... :p

That shock arm was awesome in TSL, little T3 could open up a can of whoopass with that... 10-60 damage at level 10+, and no charges, come on people that just rules!

That little tin can kicks butt! :xp:
Not to forget a renewable droid shield,self-sustaining unit (I hope that is what it is called :) ) and the ability to both renew your own FP and be repaired instantly (after you have unlocked it).
T3 = Prince of pwnage, sorry Moeller :p
 RobQel-Droma
11-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Yeah, T3 is actually a great character believe it or not, even in KotOR I. When KotOR II gets to me about wednesday (had to order it online), I am going to try out him in there, since I hear he can do some more things.

I said this somewhere else and I am going to say it here. How dum would it be if R2 and 3PO died in the middle of episode VI and were replaced by a couple unknown droids, and Luke was ok with it because they were outdated? T3 has a personality, he has had time to build one. That pretty much makes him unique right there.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
^^^^

In K2, he's a murderous maniac. You can arm the little droid with very powerful weaponry combined to his unholy amount of skills, he's more versatile then Bao-Dur.
 spinkle
11-04-2005, 12:59 PM
^^^^

In K2, he's a murderous maniac. You can arm the little droid with very powerful weaponry combined to his unholy amount of skills, he's more versatile then Bao-Dur.

Let's hear it for the Droid Warfare upgrade and the Anatomy Library =D
 lord ignarn
11-04-2005, 2:28 PM
I believe that he has grown a lot from k1. His new paper is much more interesting, I mean, from being a piece of hardware it becames a full new character. And with a background. And, as he can be upgraded with weapons it could be a good idea to include it in k3.
 H2O_dk
11-09-2005, 5:39 AM
I actually used T3 in my last game (with hardcore mod), He and Kreia boarded Goto's ship.
When he accessed the first terminal he could download a program that gave him +1 dex
 SITHSLAYER133
11-09-2005, 3:29 PM
who says that hk 47 stayed on the ship when there where plenty meatbags to kill with out the distraction of the master ordering not to that droid ruled it adored mass slaughter wat could be better
 The Doctor
11-09-2005, 4:15 PM
HK did stay on the Ebon Hawk. Revan wiped his memory and took him apart to make sure he wouldn't follow, I think.
If Revan ordered HK to stay with Bastila or whatever, he would follow that order, as he's programmed to do.
Try using puntuation, SITHSLAYER;)
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 2:02 AM
Ok I got sick of reading so I might remake arguements but whatever. First dont take examples from the DS ending of TSL... because it sucked. I always play through as a DS counsoler and I just sat there and went... what the hell?!? I mean it was deeply upsetting.

Second HK-47 is the man... period... he is the man. If anything they should talk more about him... his thing on how to kill jedi was frieken awesome. I think there needs to be more of him being blatently evil. And the pacifism chip was cool too. Like I wanna see a sideclip of him taking target practice on kreia because shes "obsolete technology" or something

Third if you wouldve said scrap T3 when I was on Taris I woudlve said thank you but after TSL no way. I had him at my side and did max upgrades the dudes dex and con gets ridiculous. And him becomming more like R2 made him mad cool. He needs to become even more glitchy and like R2. Like I want him to do some of the stuff R2 did in Ep3 and act more like him. How sweet would it be if he launched you a lightsabor?

If anything they shouldnt have had GOTO in this game... he was stupid and an unwanted driod. Mad props for him looking like the turtore driod in Ep4 but there was no circular ball of useless on the falcon. 2 driods thats it. Also all he did was bring more unanswered questions like the HK50s. Didnt HK give me something to help find them and then we didnt ever do that not even a little bit. I hate the unfinished buisiness in Knights 2. Seriously great game but dissapointed with unfinished buisiness.
 vader815
04-12-2006, 8:24 PM
Okay how about instead of getting rid of T3 we just upgrade him to T4, does anyone agree with that?
 Shem
04-12-2006, 8:46 PM
Getting rid of T3 is like getting rid of R2 in the Star Wars Saga. It just doesn't feel right. :(
 ~DarthGeek~
04-12-2006, 8:47 PM
But T3 is the best part of Kotor, don't replace our favorite droid! :r2d2:
 Hallucination
04-12-2006, 8:52 PM
No, leave him as he is. We already have a murderous little maniac the first level of Force Lightning, why should we make him T4?
 Henz
04-13-2006, 2:54 PM
HK should stay he's cool

I don't give a ****e about a utility droid tho. T3 can roll off a cliff.
 JediMaster12
04-13-2006, 3:28 PM
T3 M4 IS THE BEST! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HIM!
No better way to say this but yeah I agree. T3 is like R2; you CAN'T get rid of him. Besides he know more about where Revan went than you'll ever know.
 HerbieZ
04-13-2006, 3:31 PM
Hmmm... When are we ever told that Janice Nall built T3? Go look at the official website, or elsewhere: "Origin is unknown." You are never told that Janice built him, she just had him. Quite a difference.

Actually, she did build him. Canderous says that Davik had the droid custom built by Janice Nall. This is when he sends you off to buy the droid from her.
 igyman
04-13-2006, 3:38 PM
T3 should definitely NOT be replaced, removed from the game, etc. I guess he could just appear as a NPC and not as a party member in the third game, but I doubt that will be the case.
 Marcus55
04-13-2006, 3:44 PM
No way! How can you get rid of the best astromech droid???
 Jae Onasi
04-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Keep the droids!
 Maverick5770
04-14-2006, 12:22 AM
This has been beat to death, and then some, but;
Getting rid of T3 is crazy, thats like letting the empire get their death star plans back then letting them melt R2 and Luke getting a G5, and just saying"Oh well" nuhuh, no way keep T3 he has become one of the essential elements of KOTOR.
 T3-M4
04-14-2006, 2:01 AM
How could you get rid of me? :cry8:

I voted for Yes. It was fun to play as him.
 JediMaster12
04-14-2006, 2:50 AM
I know I wouldn't think of getting rid of you :D
T3 is a necessity. I have trouble imaging him not being there.
 Vaelastraz
04-14-2006, 2:51 AM
I dont think we should get rid of him. But, unlike HK, he doesnt really have a personality. In Kotor 1 he was beyond useless. You couldnt even talk to him.
In Kotor 2 he had that Bastila scene, which was nice, and he could at least talk.

However, if we could only keep one droid, i would prefer HK-47.
 Meatbag
04-14-2006, 7:18 AM
T3 is pretty important in K2. He does save the Exile many times. And he has some very fun dialogues.

How could the thought even skim over somebody's head? T3 is essential!
 Renegade Puma
04-14-2006, 8:06 AM
Anyone who thinks that we should get rid of T3 should be flogged.
 Lantzen
04-14-2006, 8:22 AM
Keep him, and btw i think T3 have some dialougs in Kotor if you take him and HK of the ship togheter. Think someon mention that in some other thread.
 milo
04-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I suppose you don't want to get rid of HK though, do you. TOO BAD!!! They are a package deal, just like R2 and 3PO. I am definitely not with you :dissaprove:

Maybe they will let you decide whether he will stay or not, for the T3 haters like you, but he will be there.

I'm with this guy. Getting rid of T3 would be like getting rid of R2. It just wouldn't feel right.
 †Saint_Killa†
04-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Without T3 you cannot find Revan in K3 because he can unlock the Ebon Hawks navicomputer and maybe tell Revan's whereabouts. T3 is the key.
 Curse
04-17-2006, 6:06 AM
Don't rid us of the noisemaker. Both of our beloved droids gotta stay.

However, i've never had any real "use" of T3, except the parts where he is neccessary. I always chose a Jedi, or HK-47 before T3. But even so, i agree with the Astromech-lovers, T3 stays, he's got his own importance to the KotOR-series.
 shinyjedi
04-18-2006, 5:51 PM
I won't disclose my vote, but if you will all take note of my avatar? :rolleyes:

T3 was never, from the moment Davik Kang commisioned his construction, a "standard" atromech droid. He was purpose-built, just like HK47 was, simply for a different purpose. (hacking, cracking, and generally having his way with unsuspecting computer systems)

In my playthroughs, T3 typically leads the mission onto G0-T0's yacht. Sometimes I'll take Mira, sometimes Visas, sometimes Bao Dur, but ALWAYS T3-M4.

He has, in his own way, more personality than Bao Dur, and CERTAINLY more than the Disciple! And if you watch the cutscenes, he does have a distinct personality and sense of humor. I can almost picture him doing that casual stroll while whistling thing that typifies innocence when you're questioning HK on certain events.

I'd as soon play K3 without lightsabers as without T3.
Page: 2 of 4