Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

Page: 4 of 7
 Rok_stoned
08-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I would also want to see an UNARMED combat system like the one in GTA:SA. Only for UNARMED COMBAT though.

and what would that be, forgive me for my ignorance...

maybe a lightsaber system where if you use one form a lot it detracts power from the others but increase it likew if you had 300% percent to spend on force forms. if you use one i add percent until your out while detracting percent from the others.

all force skill being used in conversations and influence mind and mind trick being combine with this. maybe all atribute affection conversations aswell (i.e constitution granting you more time to convince a captor to release you from a torture chamber.) but intelligence should still be the most influential atribute followed be wisdom.
 Fortnox
08-29-2005, 4:47 AM
REAL customizaiton. not just picking your head and stats >_>
we need to be able to choose what RACE we are, would rule to be a Ithorian, so we can be Rodian, but unlike JA not have all the same sounds, its stupid having a Rodian speak good english basic. and being able to choose your starting clothes, and to choose your hair and headshape aswell as just your head.
 witchfinder
08-29-2005, 7:29 AM
Nah, I wouldn't want to play as an alien species. You're right on the customisation though, you should be able to change lips, nose, eyes and your hairstyle and facial hair. That would be cool.
 Fortnox
08-29-2005, 7:36 AM
Alien species? hardly aliens, not like humans are more important than other races, no one knows what race came first. jedi ithorians are damn cool! and of corse twi'leks, and darth maul's species that tatoo themself, they own.
 Rok_stoned
08-30-2005, 6:38 PM
darth maul is zabrak. and yeah we need more species im the galaxy is full of aliens so why be playebl;e they could do the stat modifications like in d&d
 General Kenobi
08-31-2005, 12:36 AM
OK well first off let me start off by saying. I did NOT read the first 5 pages of the thread so I have no idea if anyone has thought this up yet BUT here's what I'd like to see :D

You the main character start off in a Jedi Counsil meeting with other members of the Jedi discussing what aspects of the newly repaired republic could they better strengthen to assure its lasting another 1,000 years.

A message could come through about an oddity in space in the Korriban sector. It would of course be Revan The Great returning from his quest to seek the original Sith with success. Fierce they would be. Force masters all! They would have unheard of powers like Stoffe's Force Destruction :D

ALL of the republic would have to unite to stave the new Sith threat that was on the horizon. You'd have to do the normal TSL and KOTOR planet visiting type stuff BUT only for experience, mini quests and picking up party members. Party members would include a very odd old Cathar type character like Kreia is in TSL named Juhani. Back from her own exile she and a new "personal padawan" Mission Vao who is now an all grown up very sexy and kewl looking side character. Not taking away from the 3 party thing but adding like TSL's remote does.

Then for the ending you could actually fight through fighter waves, pilot a star destroyer type ship during a huge battle having to deal with both outside and inside of ship issues and problems like attacks ;) Then when you fight through the initial invasion force designed to retake the gateway planet (Korriban) you could then visit a new distant galaxy where the original sith were now coming from. It could have maybe 3 new planets.

The original lineup for planets that you'd pick up party members from could be: Kashyyaak SP (The Wookie Planet) ;) , Illum, Yavin, Alderan, Corusant, Dantoonie, Tatoonie and lastly Korriban.

I'd also like to see the improvements Holowan Modders have done (idea wise at least) put into the game such as their answer to a few sabers being replaced by a massive selection of the most realistic hilts and such :thumbsup: Stoffe's pretty much amazed us all with High Level Force Powers.

Well that's my wish list :D

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-31-2005, 5:25 AM
Okay let's begin:

First of all: Make the game harder and the story longer (some 300 hours wouldn't be bad :xp: [Just don't give me that "It'll ruin the story rant" :xp: ] )

Second: Make Revan the main character.

I would like to see more animations, not just 3 new ones; but a whole lot of new animations. It owuld be also nice to have the ability to weild boht ranged and melee weapon at the same time.

How many years (or games), will I have to live through, to have the main character have a VOICE?! I mean, in EVERY SINGLE RPG (which are WAY more popular than FPS, plus the story is better), the main character is a MIME. I am SICK and TIRED of the main character keeping his mouth shut the whole game. And how come they can't spend a several hundred thousand dollars (which would be replaced by several HUNDRED MILLION dollars) to have the main character have a voice (Argument on "How will the main character say his name" : There is a technology which can imitate voices). Why even bad FPS's have voice-acting for the main character, so why can't a good RPG have voice-acting for the main character.

I go into nature, the map is the size 2x2, you can't get lost, and all you can do is go to quest places and kill animals!??? What kind of an RPG is THAT?! Other RPG's are sometimes consisted of exploring ruins, unlocking puzzeles, climbing mountains and you could even get lost in that enviorment. How about inserting more interaction with the enviroment. Also, vehicles to explore the nature.

The story should start with Revan losing all his Force Powers due to something that has been sweeping everything for a long time. He meets up with Dorian (Obi-Wan type of character) and the Exile (Ryan Pano [Clone of Pierce Brosnan]). They escape the planet into Known space, find out that the Galaxy is a Sith Empire now and that there is only a Sith Order now.

They gather all KOTOR 1 and 2. Then you can either join the Sith, fight them in the strugle for power or rebel against them. If you Rebel against them, you make a base of operations on a less known planet, recruit soldiers, train them, command them; make weapons, upgrae weapons, design weapons, buy weapons; make ships, design ships, buy ships, upgrade ships, control and pilot them (exploring them would be also nice, as well as interacting with the crew which does random things); make starfighters, design starfighters, upgrade starfighters, buy starfighters and fly them.

You could invade worlds (ground and space combat), sabotage factories, save people, do good deeds; Oh, do what the HELL you like there, you could even choose dark side options at the light side end, it WILL make a difference.

The planets could be: Corusant, Onderon, Nar Shadaa, Dantooine, Korriban, Tatooine, Mannan, Kasshyk, Telos, Yavin IV, Delaria, Bastion IV, Bespin, Zonju V, Talravin and so on.

Also, additional hilts, and some modding tools and tutorials.

Well that's my wishlist.
 Rok_stoned
09-06-2005, 6:15 PM
It owuld be also nice to have the ability to weild boht ranged and melee weapon at the same time.

I tried to do this 3 minutes and fourteen seconds into the very first kotor game...

but any ways i think your ideas are good but 300 hours thats pretty step maybe if you could do grinding in a certain area or when your get a new skill you go into a tutorial sorta thing like the style they did in warcraft three (whenever a new unit or technology became available a tip would apear on the screen along with and anouncement then if the skill or unit was required to beat your oppenent it would give you a situation that could be improved significantlyby using this new ability (two good examples are when a party of soldiers were under archer fire and the captain activated his soldiers defend ability and you were advised to do the same the next example when your soldiers were being bombarded by flying beasts and a set of giant spiders come and entangle them in webs enabling your soldiers to attack them with ease while the creatures had reduced range and were quickly over whelmed.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-06-2005, 6:27 PM
^^^^^

Great idea. I was thinking that maybe your party members or data-pads can give you information on soldiers, improve your skills in commanding and so on. The only problem there is about implantinng strategy in KOTOR (controlling, training and recruting troops) is how will it fit in with the RPG combat system and rules.

Any ideas how? :wazup: :giveup:
 Rok_stoned
09-06-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah about that advice idea, maybe your party members could advise you on how you might best defeat an enemy such as a force sensitive mechanic noting the power supply of a droid is extremly close to its targeting aparatus and the use of a heat weapon could over load it and make it atack freindlies and enemies. or maybe a party member who an armor smith and can identify an enemies weaknesses or stretghs by looking at them.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-07-2005, 4:11 AM
^^^^^

Excellent idea! Maybe your party members can give you advice and skills on multiple grounds like: Piloting, tactics, how to increase morale, engeneering and so on. But the problem remains:

How to implant strategy into an RPG?

NOTE: There is a sucessful attempt (more sucessful acctuely). It's called Spell Force: Order of Dawn, it is a mix of RPG and RTS (and a very good one I must say).
 Lord Pickle
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I would like to able to manipulate events on a wide scale. Look at Kreia in TSL she went around the whole game twisting people to help the exile. Only this should be a DS consellor option where you get people to do your bidding. How cool would it be to have sway over an entire planet. Palpatine managed to control a significant amount of the senate, having just a taste of that kind of corrupting power would be cool. It would be an extension of the whole corrupting your party members thing from TSL. Thanks right Atton, kill! :dev7:
 Blaze629
09-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Great stuff there Lord Pickle. :) I would REALLY like this to happen.

Something else I've been thinking about. We all know that more force powers will more than likely be implemented in the next one so how about making some or all of the universal force powers something you don't have to select in the level up screen? You spend your level up point(s) on something LS or DS specific instead. Force push, force speed, etc. would progress over time like crush opposition does for the Sith Lord for example. Also, make force jump progressive for ALL starting classes. Not just for jedi guardian only.

Give me time and I will come up with some more. :D
 pokejedi123
09-08-2005, 12:54 AM
i would like a jawa haha as a new member or a early aged ewok not wookies every gaeme wookies
WE NEED A CHANGE people mwhahahaa
and 2 double bladed lightsabers
ohg and anew ship that u could make ur own name

like speeding fighter or something
 Juyo_Master
09-08-2005, 11:02 AM
How about this...have double-bladed sabers that can be used with only one or both blades ignited depending on how the player wished to use it for combat like the way that Maul used his in Ep. 1.

I enjoyed it when you could do that on Jedi Academy. Sounds good to me. You should be able to choose your own hilt as well. Building your lightsaber is great, but what fun is it when they all look the same minus blade color?
 Fortnox
09-08-2005, 11:39 AM
ships, good point, you should be able to choose your own base ship and upgrade too :D thatd own!
 vanir
09-16-2005, 7:45 AM
Yeah opening up the starship area would definitely rock, considering the system requirements for the base shell as it is, why not a 5 cd game?
A choice of say, three transports depending on your tastes. A new freighter, a courier-ship and a (very) light cruiser.

More interaction as a regular member of the Jedi Order would be good too. Getting missions from the Council. You don't even need one overall plot as such, just a series of missions increasing in complexity that collate to form an overall story. Say, the Incursion of Obroa-Skai, the Meeting at Ossus, the rallying of Wayland and then the Push to Phindar. Sidequests could be at alternate worlds, such as Bestine and Kuat for extra brownie points but don't need to be pivotal to the plot. Perhaps they could mould the final battles in terms of enemy strength however.

Prestige classes for non-Jedi. I like the multiclassing choice of Jedi class recruitment, but agree there should be one or two recruitments only, plus existing Jedi characters. Why not introduce the non-Jedi classes from RPG into NPC prestige classes, Force Adept for Scouts, Force Warrior for Soldiers and Spacer for Scoundrels, all would have a tiny handful of rudimentary powers and exclude any signature Sith/Jedi feats and powers (ie. universal powers only and minimal Force points gain/level, no Jedi feats).

A choice of NPC's, including only taking a couple. Say a choice from 12 but a maximum of 8 if you take the light cruiser (which might attract powerful Sith warships), 6 if you take the freighter (which is still likely to be interdicted by fighters and customs ships) and 4 if you take the courier ship (which can slip by most patrol vessels and overall costs less credits to get around with).

Introduce resupply and berthing costs for your vessel. Side quests running to a calculated "game clock" which allocates rest times you must retire to a hotel or your vessel to recouperate or begin losing attributes to fatigue. You have to pay accommidation/daily berthing fees so the longer you take with sidequests the more pressure is put on you in the form of credits expenditure.

I mean I realise this is all hardcore RPG stuff rather than classic hack and slash gaming, but then that's the point.
 montnoir
09-16-2005, 8:09 AM
Kotor isn't a hack and slash game. Hack and slash would be Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Drakan, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and others.

At the same time kotor isn't micro-management hell either. And some of the stuff you describe here above is more PnP RPG stuff, those things don't work well in a computer rpg. It would drag down gameplay and at times bog you down in unnecessary, time consuming and un-entertaining... stuff. Stuff that work ok in a gaming group around a table but not in a computer game.

Star Wars is a fast paced action-adventure story. Kotor 1 captured that feeling best (so far, there is room for improvement though). Oh and add to that IMHO.
 Vibro
09-16-2005, 9:08 AM
I would like to able to manipulate events on a wide scale. Look at Kreia in TSL she went around the whole game twisting people to help the exile. Only this should be a DS consellor option where you get people to do your bidding. How cool would it be to have sway over an entire planet. Palpatine managed to control a significant amount of the senate, having just a taste of that kind of corrupting power would be cool. It would be an extension of the whole corrupting your party members thing from TSL. Thanks right Atton, kill! :dev7:

I like this idea.

They should give DS players a story within KOTOR III imo. In the previous games the DS storyline is the LS one but with a few more killings and a lot less gameplay.
 fresnosmokey02
09-16-2005, 9:24 AM
I like this idea.

They should give DS players a story within KOTOR III imo. In the previous games the DS storyline is the LS one but with a few more killings and a lot less gameplay.

I agree totally. Playing the DS should mean something more than being an a-hole. I would also like to see the influence system working properly.

I would really like to see K3 released by Christmas and LA going "SURPRISE!!!!! We've been working on this since before K2 came out". But I know that won't happen. Oh well...
 Prime
09-16-2005, 9:34 AM
You don't even need one overall plot as such, just a series of missions increasing in complexity that collate to form an overall story.JA tried that, and I found that it made for a less compelling story overall. I'd rather have a strong central plot.

Introduce resupply and berthing costs for your vessel. Side quests running to a calculated "game clock" which allocates rest times you must retire to a hotel or your vessel to recouperate or begin losing attributes to fatigue. You have to pay accommidation/daily berthing fees so the longer you take with sidequests the more pressure is put on you in the form of credits expenditure.I know what you are trying to achieve, but that just sounds really tedious and potentially distracting from the overall focus of the game, i.e. saving/conquering the galaxy.
 Nuitari_28
09-19-2005, 1:11 AM
My ideas for the game are simply thus, you play a new character but you start of as a kid in Civil war (ala Revan vs Malak) in coruscant you do your first trials (complete with training saber), you see how the civil war affected the galaxy, you reincounter the game 2 years later with the exiles time and you flee as there is no one to train you. So in fleeing for the first part of the game you try and descover what had happened and you discover where the exile and revan went and go off after them....
 vanir
09-19-2005, 2:05 AM
Well I definitely want to see party starship choices. At least it'll give the impression of an inconstant galaxy.
And hilt choices, but those are less of a concern due to the modding community, but starships can't be reskinned (as far as I know).
Greater variation between LS and DS paths.
More planets with less plot controlled adventuring on them. Until you finally got to the StarForge, KotOR 1 had much more player freedom with their starship. It was clearly the end of the game when the plot fully took over. In TSL it feels like you're only about halfway through when you run out of planets and the next half dozen levels are all taken up in epilogues and plot scenes. You have to wait all the way through Peragus, then all the way through Citadel, then Telos before you finally get your character's destiny back to your own choosing, then you get three planets and it's all plot controlled again.

It means the only real player enjoyment you get is when you leave the Telos system, to go on three planet journeys. Then it's done, start a new game and wait through the tedious beginning again. K1 you're in control longer. I hope K3 brings that back and gives all new environments.
 *Yoinked*
09-19-2005, 6:05 PM

I agree, why kill Kreia? Isn't she more useful alive? Same for Malak?
Why go to Malachor at all? Why not somewhere to kill a LS master?
Completely diferent DS storyline is a neccesity!
 LegendaryFett
09-19-2005, 8:48 PM
What I want to see:

Definately the ability to choose your path through the game and you will gain a reputation through what you do and your appearance. There were too many times in tsl, like in khoonda in dantooine where I was dressed as a mandalorian with a heavy repeater, and the guy said i looked like a scavenger, not a mercenary.
Or times when you are refered to as a jedi, but you look nothing like one.
As for reputation, if you spent your whole time as a bounty hunter, killing bounties through the game, when you meet someone, they'll acknowlegde that and be weary of you, same if you were a psyco murderous dark jedi or a good persen etc.

You should be able to progress through the game as a non-jedi and there should be options throughout the game to reflect that, creating a pathway, not being forced to your destiny.

There needs to be begger world, like taris in KOTOR 1, that was the right size and there was so much background and story for it, so much going on and so much you could do.
 RedHawke
09-19-2005, 9:12 PM
You should be able to progress through the game as a non-jedi and there should be options throughout the game to reflect that, creating a pathway, not being forced to your destiny.
You do realise we are talking about a game titled Knights of the Old Republic right? Not Bounty Hunters of the Old Republic! :roleyess:

[Sarcasm] Non-Jedi paths... yeah right! :xp:
 montnoir
09-20-2005, 5:42 AM
You do realise we are talking about a game titled Knights of the Old Republic right? Not Bounty Hunters of the Old Republic!
You might be on to something there, Red.
 RobQel-Droma
09-20-2005, 3:23 PM
1. The return of the Ebon Hawk
2. The return of HK-47 and T3-M3
3. The eventual reapearence (I know I didn't spell that right) of Revan and the Exile. I don't understand why people have so many problems with this. As people have pointed out, you could have some kind of vision of something like that where the portrait selection screen came up and you would choose the right faces.
4. Some of the planets from KOTOR 1 & 2, along with some planets in the unknown regions.
5. Lightsaber hilt selection.
6. I would also like to have about 15-20 different party members to choose from but still only about nine you can take. I would also like to be able to get rid of certain party members (I know people probably would like to kill GO-TO, and some people even Carth).

Thats all for now, if I think of anything else I'll tell you all.
 RedHawke
09-20-2005, 11:37 PM
You might be on to something there, Red.
You mean with Bounty Hunters of the Old Republic?

It would be nice... after KOTOR III is complete that is! ;)

I have nothing against that type of game, it sounds cool to me! :D

Though I do have some ideas! For that type of game they would need to implement a space sim into it possibly like Freelancer, something easy to learn and not take too much dexterity to master, so we could tool around in our cool Bounty Hunter ships, after all for a Bounty Hunter your ship is part of your character.

"Ooooohhhhh look when I blew my quarry's ship up I not only tractored in his excape pod for his hard earned bounty, but I got 2 of those cool blaster cannons and a Proton Torpedo he was using... hey! I have some hardpoints left! Let's mount the suckers!" ;)

Then have the standard KOTOR style of gameplay on the asteroid bases/planets/stations... though a game like that would be huge... It just might pwn too! :D
 Jackel
09-21-2005, 6:00 PM
MUST come out on DVD, and due to it being "time" only DVD. DVD players are that cheap that if you don't have one in 2 years then you really you need to seriously think about it.

Hmm... Might be interesting, but I do not think that KOTOR III should be that. Anyways, I think that "bounter hunters of old republic" or whatever it is called should be its own Star Wars game unconnected or at the most remotely connected to KOTOR. It would be a huge jump from the style of the other games to connect it.
Red already said that game should come after K3 :smash: Re read his post to see it.
 RobQel-Droma
09-21-2005, 7:00 PM
Red already said that game should come after K3 Re read his post to see it.

Oops...Hehe..Sorry, my fault, never mind. :nut:
 RedHawke
09-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Oops...Hehe..Sorry, my fault, never mind. :nut:
Before quoting someone, read all of their post, you should! :yodac:

:D
 RobQel-Droma
09-22-2005, 9:18 AM
Alright, alright, it was a mistake. Well, it was a really really stupid mistake (I still don't know how I managed to read everything else except for that), but as I said, it was just a mistake.
 NomadInvader
09-22-2005, 8:52 PM
1.Mod Tools :D
2. Freedom like Morrowind.
 RedHawke
09-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Alright, alright, it was a mistake. Well, it was a really really stupid mistake (I still don't know how I managed to read everything else except for that), but as I said, it was just a mistake.
Dude, we all make mistakes, I was just playin... That's why I used this smily :D at the end of my post. Like Now!

:D
 DarthCrazy
09-23-2005, 6:11 AM
1) I'd like to see Bastila and Reven as playable characters again. Your conversation choices at the start determine if they've good or evil.

2) Cameos from other playable characters

3) Exar Kun. Possibily as a enemy or as a playable character. (The dark side has kept him alive all these years)

4) A playble character like Yoda, all small and unbeatable

5) A decent ending (refering to KOTORII. The ending for KOTOR was excellent)

6) The planets to include Hoth, Degobah, Korriban and Endor
 Prime
09-23-2005, 9:14 AM
4) A playble character like Yoda, all small and unbeatableThat kind of takes away the fun and the challenge, doesn't it? I like the character idea, but I don't think they should be unbeatable.

6) The planets to include Hoth, Degobah, Korriban and EndorApart from Korriban and maybe Dagobah, there really isn't anything worthwhile on the others. I mean, Hoth is a frozen ball with nothing on it, at least before the Rebellion got there. Endor the same before the Empire set up a base. Did you have something particular in mind?
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Dude, we all make mistakes, I was just playin... That's why I used this smily at the end of my post. Like Now!

Alright, but I think that we should get back on topic.
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey, I just had a cool idea! What if you ended up having to go into a sith city and pretend to work like them. To earn respect and trust you then end up having to fight in an arena (similar to episode 2, but I loved that part). Then you would be put in situations where you had to do evil things so you wouldn't blow your cover, kind of like Ulic Qel-Droma when he infiltrated the Krath and killed inoccent people so he wouldn't be suspected. In doing so, you would have a stronger temptation to the dark side.
 Fearless_Jedi
09-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I am guessing KotOR III will have 2 main chracters like Final Fantasy VIII. Which would be very cool if it is done correctly.

Things I like to see in KotOR III would be:
-New Engine
-Better combat animations to match the most recent Star Wars Movies
-Better combat system that is as realistic as possible(It shouldn't take 3 hits to kill a Sith Trooper with a lightsaber)(Not to mention duels should end with one blow being landed not this back and forth crap)
 SITHSLAYER133
09-24-2005, 10:24 PM
i think whoever is making it should come to this thread and look at what we want
 General Kenobi
09-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I think the same thing up there Fearless_Jedi ;) I chop your arm you chop mine over and over looks odd. I think it should be more like you said lightsaber blocking and someone lands a blow (maybe with the auto on/off ability when fighting more than one jedi/sith)

I'd really like to see MORE PLANETS. Heck at least all the known ones. I think the biggest let down for TSL with me was the lack of planets. I mean once you left Peragus your 1/2 way done it seems :rolleyes: I'd pick say a nice number like 15 planets, space stations, etc. that you can return too. I hate the whole can't fly to Onderon, can't fly back to Peragus, can't fly to Telos Polar region crap. It's a ship. It goes everywhere :D

:ben:
General Kenobi
 AnarKy
09-25-2005, 4:27 PM
I'd like to see the same fighting system it was in fable, it would be so funny to acces the force power directly and the blaster in first person view.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-26-2005, 7:33 AM
I am guessing KotOR III will have 2 main chracters like Final Fantasy VIII. Which would be very cool if it is done correctly.
Our solution to who will be the main character: Revan or Ry'ghol(Exile).

Fearless_Jedi: "Why not both?"

Everyone: "YEAH!"

Seriously, I bet that NO ONE except you had ever thought of that. Congratulations! :D
 AnarKy
09-26-2005, 6:49 PM
I think we should not play revan again in kotor 3 because he will know too much about what's going on. Kotor 3 story must be like the one in the 1 and 2, strange, intriguing and with some surprising information at the end. I dont think that it could happen with Revan as main character. Unless they make for the third time in 3 strory a chararter that had a memory lost. :P
 Mono_Giganto
09-26-2005, 7:02 PM
I'd really like to see MORE PLANETS. Heck at least all the known ones. I think the biggest let down for TSL with me was the lack of planets. I mean once you left Peragus your 1/2 way done it seems :rolleyes: I'd pick say a nice number like 15 planets, space stations, etc. that you can return too. I hate the whole can't fly to Onderon, can't fly back to Peragus, can't fly to Telos Polar region crap. It's a ship. It goes everywhere :D

And most important of all, a reason to return to those places. I loved how Onderon forced you to split the quest in half, it made it seem much less linear. Instead of "Go here, then here, then here." First time I played, when I had to leave Onderon, all I thought was "Did they really just do that? Cool."

BTW, you can't fly to Onderon because there's a blockade, and you'll be shot down. You can't go to the Telos polar region because without the access codes, you'll get shot down. See the pattern? And Peragus goes Boom Boom, nowhere left to go. :D
 a_nazgul
09-26-2005, 7:37 PM
I will say all the things i want, i know tha some of them were already mentioned

An idea for the story:
You start as one a the few padawans(padawan as a new general class, level 10 max, with a feat and 10 skillpoints per level, without non-class skill,that you can train as you prefer, in order to have a more balanced final character) who survived the Jedi Civil War, and with the very few Knights and Masters escaped from the extermination, start the rebuilding of the Jedi Order; you're assigned to organize the data of the

recent history at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant (now you can set the gender and sideof Revan and the Exile, the envents, etc of the others games as you've played, or prefer), meanwhile your training goes on.
Based in your choices before, you are sent to some missions, in order to reorganize the Jedi Order and the Republic.
For your succes in the assignments(reach padawan level 10), you become a Jedi Knight(now you choose the Jedi class), when the the events that Revan was expecting (The TRUE SITHS, and some others things) begins, now, depending on your previous chioces, Revan, Exile, etc, you join/fight them, or one of them, as a Jedi/Sith.

I didn't think the rest of the story, but I believe that this game must have an alternative(Dark Side, Light Side, perhaps Neutral) first part, and a single ending, for me, that's the only way to give a good end to the saga.
A complete explanation of Revan acts and discovers before and between the games, it's an obligation.

I think that the characters must have more movment in the fights, you know, walking around, jumping, the things we see at the movies. May be, the way you move can be changed to something similar to the Jedi Kinghts games, but with auto-aiming Force Powers; but I am not really sure of it.

The Party, should have some changes during the game, someone go away if you turn to the dark/light side, or someone die at some point, but not always the same character in the same place. Influence, I'm sure I don't want any influence checks in KotOR III, to know the whole story of a companion.
I WANT TO KNOW WATH HAPPENED TO BASTILA, CARTH, MISSION, JOLEE, JUHANI, BIG Z!!!

Auto-Saving or Quick-Saving in diferent slots, helps to re-play a certain part of the game, without starting from the begining.

Some really big battles are needed,with lots of Jedis, Soldiers and Siths.

The game MUST be longer the the others, much much longer, with more planets, some worlds without need to be visited, larger areas. Once you have beaten the game the ability to go wherever you want. New enemies not just sith but harder enemies such as general grevious, imagine trying to fend off a charater weilding four lightsabres

Hoods(on/off), better robes, armors, masks, helmets, are welcome, and a way to fully customize how the character looks (height, weight, etc)and the light sabers. And a New ship, wich can be selected between a certain number of diferents ships.

May be we can have many clothes at the same time, like an armor, or Jedi clothes, AND a robe or a cloack covering all.

Another thing, I don't want, is to walk with a light saber or a gun every single second, I don't see any Jedi in the movies handling the saber at every moment, and why the inventory is infinite? that has no sense.

I know that having all this things is immposible, but some of them, are quite necessary.
 AnakinSolaris
10-18-2005, 5:47 AM
1. Brand new PC. I'm sorry, but it really bugs me with all these people going on about wanting to play as Revan/Exile. They have gone to the "unknown regions", on a quest that the game heavily implies they will never return from. Plus if you were Revan or the Exile, you would have to start the game as a top level jedi, so you wouldn't be able to customise your character as much. Plus, whilst it would be nice to know what happened to them, I think that it is better to leave it to speculation, its more interesting that way. Rant over.

2. Return of Ebon Hawk, T3-M4 & HK-47, with HK available from the start this time.

3. All new party members, with the exceptions of T3 and HK. Much as I liked the party members from KOTOR1 & 2, I think new party members would be better.

4. Cameo appearances from (one/more of): Carth, Briana (Handmaiden) and Mandalore (Canderous). These shouldn't be party members, with maybe the exception of Mandalore. As for Visas, after the destruction of her homeworld, and the loss of the exile, I think she deserves some peace & quiet. Similarly, I think that Bao-Dur would either go back to the restoration project or find a quiet planet somewhere to live out his days. The inclusion of Visas Marr & Bao-Dur without the exile makes no sense to me.

4. Kreia is dead, either Mira or Hanharr is dead, Bastila/Mission are possibly dead (dependant on choices in KOTOR1), so these shouldn't be in the game.

5. Creater player-customisation:
- Ability to choose sabre-hilt when making your lightsabre (as in Jedi Academy).
- Greater facial customisation (hair, etc).
- Ability to make/customise your own clothes/jedi robes

6. More (and new) planets - Korriban and Dantooine are getting a bit tired

7. Better ending - If I'm a Sith Lord I want to conquer the galaxy dammit! The ending to KOTOR2 just left me with a hollow feeling inside (went to all that effort just to go to the unknown regions by myself to fight a battle from which I won't return - wow that was so worth it!)

8. LUCASARTS TO LET THE DEVELOPER FINISH THE GAME PROPERLY - NOT RELEASE A HALF-FINISHED GAME JUST TO GET IT RELEASED FOR CHRISTMAS! Unfortunately, this is a commonly occurring problem with most video-game publishers.
 Dark One
04-18-2006, 2:05 PM
Well, I think it would be good to do something about the storyline. As you may know, in Kotor2 (and in the most of other games from lucasarts) you can choose
light / dark side ending. Therefore the story is getting more complicated and it will not be easy to make Knights Of The Old Republic 2 moovie as George Lucas promised. Also I think that, Kotor2 (game) was too much about talking (but I LIKED DIALOGUES WITH KREIA ). Usually, talking is a way to get some influence. Because of that I didn't do everything exactly as I wanted to. And of course, I would like to meet some old characters like Revan.

If you want to talk, reach me on ICQ. 253-180-548
 R3dArch
04-23-2006, 7:56 PM
I would like to see faster battle.U know like instead of ALL actions take 1 turn you can split up ur turn.A scoundrel could learn somthin like quick hit and half guard and could use both of these abilities in the same round.
Page: 4 of 7