Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

Page: 6 of 7
 Snake55
08-31-2006, 9:49 PM
More planets would be goodand more sith assasins or jedi knights dependir on yor alinment
 b0o
08-31-2006, 10:15 PM
I'd like bigger worlds.
 HK-87
08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
How bout makin it so your not some big important person that the player and/or character doesn't know they are, i.e. (this is a lil kotor 1-esque) your some random republic trooper (Mandalorian maybe? =P) and your being transported to your next assignment. Its all good on the ship (no more mysteriously everyone is dead or dying! too cliche.) but once you reach there, you find the Republic Outpost is under attack, by either some form of Bandit, Sith, or Mando. Your captured and brough to their stronghold on the planet. Escape from there,(meet first party member?) and find out that YOU and a few choice others were kidnapped for a reason. (Force sensitivity?)
in the start of the game, your given your characters backstory, example: You were born a little bit during the mandalorian wars, and , due to the war, your "Talents" weren't discovered. you perform the SW movie copy and find a jedi living in Exile (THE Exile?) who senses your abilities, and, seeing as he isn't a member of the order trains you, while your somehow wounded companion heals. in the start, you have weak force powers, (part of the whole training thing, I mean, in the other KOTOR games, you became god-like in (most likely.) ingame months, so eventually you run into a knight on a mission on another planet, and he/she trains you further. Basically, I don't want to have the possibility to become godlike in the force right away. Also, it would be nice for time to actually pass ingame, like, events happeneing once in awhile. (maybe somthing like on the Holonet, you see "Rebel Sith have taken control of planet somthing or other, republic forces sent to quell this sort of Rebellion.") Sorry for long post... :mob:
 Irradick
08-31-2006, 10:26 PM
I want to start k3 as revan or exile or having either as partner but your defeated by "true sith lords" but you get away and they find out that "true sith" can absorb force energy. so they return to the republic in secret. When they get there 6years after k2 they find out that bastila had a son\daughter and thats why she was looking for reven in k2.So they decide to finish training her son\daughter to become a jedi(bastila trained her child as a jedi)so you play as her child from age 14,15, or 16 to 40.and meet the new jedi order Reven gives "you" hk metalic black or silver and t3 who looks like a slash between r2 and t3 now.
so you meet the
 Snake55
08-31-2006, 10:52 PM
your some random republic trooper (Mandalorian maybe? =P)

good idea HK but what if u were a refugee or just an ordiary civilian
 Gavroche
09-01-2006, 3:44 AM
Something missing in the two games, a minigame section, with the cinematic and the music sections in the main menu.

Mmm then... I don't want to have Revan or the Exile as main character... Maybe near the end of the game, during a Big-Battle-Against-The-True-Siths, but not at the beginning.
What about a people already fighting the Siths beyond the Outer Rim, the PC would be a guy from this people... And later in the game, Revan would arrive (mmm the Exile rather than him, Revan would be already there for years...)...
 Irradick
09-01-2006, 3:40 PM
the point is that in the beginning of the game you would be summing up what reven was doing in the unknown reagions

and i personally would want to play as reven son\daughter
 The Source
09-09-2006, 3:16 PM
Ebon Hawk's cargo bay filled with something useful. In 'KotoR I' the cargo bay had canisters. In 'KotOR II' there was nothing in the cargo bay.

Yavin IV Surface - I think it would be cool to explore Yavin IV's Sith Temples. Especially the ones that show up in ESB.

Yavin IV's Spacestation - I thought that was a nice touch to KotOR I.

Cassus Fett's Family - Maybe they were respectable at some point.

Jedi Tombs - I think this would be an interesting twist.
 squall900200
09-18-2006, 4:54 PM
1. More detail in the custom design of the exile.
2.be able to also choose a race other than human (although human would be available too.)
3.have the option to pilot the ebon hawk(small idea but cool idea)
4.to make it more realistic, be allowed to sleep in the ebon hawk to restore energy.
5. I personally dont really like the current combat system in kotor. I think you should have realistic fighting where you have to press a button or something to make your character move and fight and press buttons to make combos in fighting and things like that.
6. More planets, and more than one city available in one planet.
7. have a sort of alignment system with planets, for example, just an example, not saying this planet is available, lets just say your on the light side then you wouldn't be well aligned with planets like korriban, mustafar, utapau, ect. and if your on the darkside, then you wouldnt be well aligned with coruscant, nar shadaa, ect.

ill edit this post if i come up with more ideas.
 Diego Varen
09-18-2006, 5:00 PM
Ebon Hawk's cargo bay filled with something useful. In 'KotoR I' the cargo bay had canisters. In 'KotOR II' there was nothing in the cargo bay.

Well the Handmaiden did need some room to practice her fighting skills. Anyway, I have my suggestions, some Posts back.

PS. squall900200, welcome to the Forums.
 Temp3rMental
09-18-2006, 8:32 PM
I'm not gonna add a huge list, but I do have one idea in perticular. I don't know if its been mentioned before, but "Time Sensitive Events" (ie: day, afternoon, night, etc.) seem like a good way to encourage travel back to planets you've already explored for more quests and such.
 Prime
09-18-2006, 11:00 PM
I love time of day idea. Along with more diversified weather, it would really help to add character to the environments.
 Davinq
09-18-2006, 11:13 PM
and i personally would want to play as reven son\daughter
Oh no, not another offspring well-wisher!
Really, the Exile had no family connection to Revan, why should K3 PC?

"Time Sensitive Events"
:drop2:
The originality of this concept stuns me. If the devs don't put it in the game, I swear...

How bout makin it so your not some big important person that the player and/or character doesn't know they are, i.e. (this is a lil kotor 1-esque) your some random republic trooper (Mandalorian maybe? =P) and your being transported to your next assignment. Its all good on the ship (no more mysteriously everyone is dead or dying! too cliche.) but once you reach there, you find the Republic Outpost is under attack, by either some form of Bandit, Sith, or Mando. Your captured and brough to their stronghold on the planet. Escape from there,(meet first party member?) and find out that YOU and a few choice others were kidnapped for a reason. (Force sensitivity?)
in the start of the game, your given your characters backstory, example: You were born a little bit during the mandalorian wars, and , due to the war, your "Talents" weren't discovered. you perform the SW movie copy and find a jedi living in Exile (THE Exile?) who senses your abilities, and, seeing as he isn't a member of the order trains you, while your somehow wounded companion heals. in the start, you have weak force powers, (part of the whole training thing, I mean, in the other KOTOR games, you became god-like in (most likely.) ingame months, so eventually you run into a knight on a mission on another planet, and he/she trains you further. Basically, I don't want to have the possibility to become godlike in the force right away. Also, it would be nice for time to actually pass ingame, like, events happeneing once in awhile. (maybe somthing like on the Holonet, you see "Rebel Sith have taken control of planet somthing or other, republic forces sent to quell this sort of Rebellion.") Sorry for long post... You know, this probably belongs in the "Your k3 storyline here" Thread, but I like this idea, really. :)

More planets would be goodand more sith assasins or jedi knights dependir on yor alinment Meaning in your party, or more to kill?

And I was just about to make another good concept idea, but then a painful twinge in my leg distracted me. Aarg!

Ah well.

DQK out
 HerbieZ
09-19-2006, 7:02 AM
I always thought for Kotor 3 there should be more Jedi too but the main thing i always wanted was more of a reaction by the public when you start up your lightsaber. When you start it up in a bar or cantina in the other two games, no one even flinched that a great Jedi or powerful Sith lord happened to be stood right next to them. That killed the realism for me.
 Windu Chi
09-23-2006, 3:30 PM
I will like to have free will combat.
I don't want the computer to do the combat for me anymore.
I want realism to be more of a focus concerning combat, I don't want to see no more health bars. Ever again!
I will like to see real environmental effects like weather & realtime day/night option.
I will like a strongly thought out face customized option that will make the character look exactly like you.
Of course if they can do that with next-gen graphics?
I wan't to have my choice of spaceship and choice of vehicle when on a planet.
That's about it for now!

1. More detail in the custom design of the exile.
2.be able to also choose a race other than human (although human would be available too.)
3.have the option to pilot the ebon hawk(small idea but cool idea)
4.to make it more realistic, be allowed to sleep in the ebon hawk to restore energy.
5. I personally dont really like the current combat system in kotor. I think you should have realistic fighting where you have to press a button or something to make your character move and fight and press buttons to make combos in fighting and things like that.
6. More planets, and more than one city available in one planet.
7. have a sort of alignment system with planets, for example, just an example, not saying this planet is available, lets just say your on the light side then you wouldn't be well aligned with planets like korriban, mustafar, utapau, ect. and if your on the darkside, then you wouldnt be well aligned with coruscant, nar shadaa, ect.

ill edit this post if i come up with more ideas.
Very good ideas !
I would like to have more realism in combat.
Yes! The fighting should be more like Ep:III ROTS and the combat options like JKA.
The sleep option is another good idea for more realism.
 Crossclass
09-30-2006, 1:18 AM
After reading the may threads about KOTOR III wishes, I finally figured I should register and throw in my two cents.
1.) I'm not fond of the button pushing fighting system. My circumstances dictate playing turn-based games and I'd at least like them to keep the pause game option of the first two.
2.) I don't think I'd like to play as Reven or the Exile - it's more or less a been there, done that feeling. My idea would be 22-24 years after TSL and you're either Exile/Visa's son or daughter or Exile/Atton's (The Disciple really bugged me), obviously depending how you played the Exile. I wouldn't mind being able to recruit Reven and/or Exile later in the game.
3.) I'd like a choice who I fall in love with. (If I had had a choice between the Handmaiden or Visa, Visa would have been my sweety in a heartbeat.)
Since this is my first post I won't ramble on.
 Darth oakley
10-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I think that there should some ancestors of the star wars movies and ther to be more sith to fight than the other 2 games because lightsabre battles are bloody awesome. Carth,Basilla,Handmaiden,Atton or T3-m4 should return.
 General Kenobi
10-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I agree darth oakley. I'd like to see Juhani return as a Jedi Master with an apprentice puppet like Bao has.

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Browny11uk
10-07-2006, 9:39 AM
You know where there always ranting on about wars in kotor games id love to be in one but its only a small percentage of the game.
& i always thought whats going on theres always this shhip a right tiny one i would love a big ship with more of a crew & you didnt have control of all of them infact you dont have a party at all for a fair bit fo the game i think it would be good if you where apart of somone elses party as if u was a teenger at the start of the game with your master training & he/she led the way & you followed i would love that so much :)
 TheJAG
10-07-2006, 4:47 PM
things i want in kotor 3 are:

1. a story better then kotor 2's
2. the ability to slay anyone (Dark side ftw)
3. the ability to jump whit the push of a button
4. other races for pc's, humans arn't the only ones whit the force
5. new gui, or at least a 1-0 quick-key slotbar where you can add your forcepowers, scrolling thru your forcepowers is anoying...
6. the ability to give a parymember a nr of medkits to use when they need to
7. that the game continues after the sory ends, ex. you become ruler of the galaxy or something like that (Dark side, Duuh...) and get hunted by the remaining jedi or whatnot
8. MORE npc to choose form to add to your party, ex. 15 npc whit a party limit of 8 including yourself
9. jedi and sith acadamy, the sith acadamy is one of the best parts of kotor 1
10. MUCH, MUCH, MORE....

btw, sign the Kotor 3 petition:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/kotor3)
 Diego Varen
10-07-2006, 5:25 PM
Welcome to the Forums, TheJAG. Just to let you know, that having petitions on LF is bad. I think. I agree that the Sith Academy was one of the best parts of KOTOR.
 Char Ell
10-19-2006, 12:58 AM
It never made sense to me to have the two-weapon fighting feat apply to both double-bladed lightsabers and two lightsabers as the skillsets for the two are very different. I want to see different feat progressions for these two different fighting styles. Something like a "Two-Weapon Fighting" feat would apply to wielding two swords and two lightsabers while "Staff Fighting" would be the new feat that would apply to staffs, double-bladed swords and double-bladed lightsabers.
 Revan's blood
10-22-2006, 1:40 AM
I know that because this is so long, everything I say is just repeated stuff, but oh, well...
I want to see any of these character come back:
Atton, T3-M4, HK-47, Bao-Dur (he's my favorite character in TSL and I'm sad they didn't go more in depth with him), Carth, Bastila, Jolee (that old man bugs me, but I love him!), Mira/Hanharr, Visas, Mandalore/Canderous, and Handmaiden if you were a guy, but not Diciple if you were a girl. He just bugs me, and I hate him.
I want to know what happened to these characters:
Exile, Revan, Mission and Zalbaar (I've always wondered what happened to those two...), and Mandalore.

I think the glitches should be ironed out. I think the PC should be more customizeable, and so should you lightsaber and ship.
I think the whole thing with having about 20 NPCs to choose from and being able to lose enough influence with them to leave is a great idea. I also wish they would be able to revolt. I mean, come on, don't you think that if your PC turned darkside and psychotic killer, Diciple/Handmaiden, Mira, and maybe even Bao-Dur and T3 (depending on your influence with them) would gang up and try to stop you? Or maybe there would be mini wars between your NPCs depending on if they liked each other or not. There should be more in-depth characters, that you can interact with beyond just making them Jedi, it's not like they're going to become Jedi and suddenly there's nothing to talk to them about.
The whole romantic plot of the game should be more in-depth (I know I keep using that word, but I haven't slept in a long, long time) and you should be able to choose between at least three lovers. You should also be able to decide to end the relationship with them, or not have any romantic involvement with any of the characters at all.
You should get a new ship at the beginning of the game (one much bigger than the Hawk) and be able to customize it, upgrade it, and name it, then later in the game get the chance to buy/steal the Ebon Hawk, but not have to.
Maybe you could just be a normal person, like a Republic soldier or Sith soldier, or a Mandalorian (maybe one that is seperated from his/her clan) with a small amount of Force potential and you have to train to become a Jedi.
I think OE shouldn't rush to get the game out by a certain time, they should take their time and make it perfect (as perfect as perfect can be).

Ugh.. I'm tired and this post is already extremely long, so I'll leave it at that and maybe post later, if I don't forget...
 DUB DeV
11-14-2006, 3:27 AM
I haven't had a chance to look through the posts on this thread (don't think I'm copying anyone if this post seems repetitive), though it being the LucasArts.com KoTOR III suggestions forum, I figured posting my thoughts here would have the best chance of being seen by the programmers and designers working on the game.

Firstly, in order to remedy the one-dimensional tendencies of KoTOR combat (Force Enlightenment-Master Flurry-Master Flurry-Master Flurry...), while still maintaining the turn-based, randomized combat format, I think that players should have the opportunity to create unique combat feats to replace the ones already in use. For example: instead of giving only flurry, critical strike, and power attack as usable combat feats, players should be able to pre-designate attack sequences that can be used easily in combat, and that can be upgraded periodically as the character's core stats develop.

I don't know how exactly it could work, but how I've imagined it, there could be a point system dependent on strength and dexterity; possibly strength+dexterity constitutes the total point value for all successive attacks within one unique combat feat. Here's where it gets complicated. Suppose a character's strength and dexterity were both 15 (or some combination of the two added up to 30), as with the initial point assignments for a fundamental jedi guardian. Now suppose that point values for each individual attack (tentative values) looked something like this (Slashes would fundamentally replace the quick 'flurry' components of combat, while stabs and punches/kicks would replace critical strike and power attack elements, respectively):

Slashes - Left Middle Right
High 7 points 5 points 7 points
Middle 4 points 3 points 4 points
Low 5 points 4 points 5 points

Stabs - Left Middle Right
High 11 points 8 points 11 points
Middle 6 points 5 points 6 points
Low 8 points 7 points 8 points

Punches/Kicks/Weapon Bashes - Left Middle Right
High 15 points 11 points 15 points
Middle 10 points 8 points 10 points
Low 11 points 9 points 11 points

Players would be able to select any number of these elements and designate the order of their execution. When used in combat, each unique combat feat would react with opposing feats accordingly. For example, if the 30 points mentioned above were used for, say 3 punches to the middle-right, and the opposing feat consisted of 3 punches to the middle-right, than each attack would deal damage according to the percent chance to hit determined by dexterity and the power of the attack determined by the character's strength. If the attacks were, say 6 stabs to the middle and 6 stabs to the middle, respectively, the two would cancel out, resulting in the relatively seldom-seen lightsaber/melee weapon standoff (for lack of a better word) from the first two games. Likewise, directly contradictory elements of opposing combat feats performed at (roughly) the same time in sequence would offset, voiding damage calculations for both sides. When different attack types conflict at the same region, attacks would follow the hierarchy as follows: Slash beats punch, punch beats stab, stab beats slash. The details are kind of sketchy for me right now (and it's midnight where I am... need to go to bed...), but I really think that this system, with a bit of tweaking, could be affective to eliminate the often-monotonous combat of KoTOR and leave the turn/calculations-based combat engine relatively intact.

It's too late for me right now to continue this post, but trust that I will contribute significantly more to this forum soon, both completing my thoughts on my little unique-feats system and other aspects and changes I would hope to see in KoTOR III; I just hope that my contributions have not come too late for consideration for the new game - I fear they have.
 BigJaySolo
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Start the game as a bounty hunter working for GOTO on a quest to find the exile. This would give the PC a new player to develop. By doing this it gives you the option of joining the exile or killing the exile. Just imagine where the story could go from there.
 Browny11uk
11-19-2006, 3:52 PM
All your ideas are great but it just seems to me i dont thin they will rbing out a kotor3 or a very long time.

I hope they do make on dont get me wrong but i dont think it will.
 Darthrevan666
11-28-2006, 9:29 PM
if revan is in anyway involved they NEED TO AACTUALLY animate the cape and also... they should. ... also among that .....they should have taris ruins sorta like they did in kotor 2 for dantooine, i mean i thought the only thing that could destroy a planet was the death star so.....just strayed thoughts...
 Ramana Jala
04-12-2007, 2:04 AM
TOOLSET !!!

And of course, the oft-mentioned hooking up the Exile with Revan to explain that great mystery of the worse-than-anything-you-know-about threat to the galaxy that sent Revan beyond the rim.

**OOPS- sorry, don't know why this post didn't go at the end of the topic rather than here!!?? I would have deleted it and tried again if I could have.**
 Hamburg_Yodaman
04-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Already postet this on Obsidian Forums. Well, of course, think of my ideas they are damn good, so i have to post them here again. Im sorry if there was anything like this before, I dont want to repost something anyone has already came up with, I just dont have the time to read the whole forum.

I just played again KotOR 2 and now I developed some ideas, what u could develop in the upcoming greatest thing of all times, KotOR III.

So, first I have some Ideas about new Features for battles.

Cinematic Cam : Who did not enjoyed this feature in Empire at War. Just give some orders and then, lean back and watch the battle. In KotOR it would look much greater, you know, seeing a battle between Jedi and his opponents or a group of Mandalorians killing some other people. It should be a possibility to give first orders to your characters and then press a button and watch them executing those. Maybe, you could take influence on the viewing angle by yourself or just let the computer rule. All texts or other stuff should be hidden.

View on yourself : Ok, Im german, so I am not pretty shure, if you understand what I meant. You know Fable? There was an option to look at yourself by simply pressing a button. I KotOR, we have this in the Characterwindow, where you can level up yourself. And I had an idea, taken from Jedi Knight, you could watch your character with his armours etc. and if you level your character up, you can watch in this window the animations of an action, before you already selectet it. Know what I mean? You level your character up, but you can see the image of your character still. You can take a preview of the animation of an action, before giving it to the character.

Improved Force System : It was nice, to select your Force Powers manually in KotOR 1 and 2. In part 3, i thought it would cool to have a Force system equal to the abilities system. I mean: You have with every level 10 or more (or less) points and can give it to your force powers. Instead of getting with every point a new force power, you can increase the powers. You first select Force Pull or Force Lightening and give points to this power. After 10 points (or more or less) you updated your power that far, that the power comes to its next step.

New/Changed Force Powers :

Force Open Door : Simply a great mod power, i have for KotOR 2. Want it in KotOR 3 also.

Force Telekinesis: The Jedi can throw an object against a enemy (Like Vader did on Bespin. Pretty cool!)
-> (next step after giving power points to this power) Force Hail : The Jedi throws objects from a small radius against his opponent.
--> Force Group Hail : The Jedi controls objects from a greater radius and throws it to every opponent in reach.
---> Force Hammer : The Jedi uses his immense powers to tear every object, even corpses or trees and parts of the walls at every enemy in reach.

Force Wound: The Dark Jedi creates inner bleedings in the body of an enemy. The enemy gets a loss of health.
-> Organ Frezzle: The Dark Jedi frazzles the organs of his opponent. The enemy takes much damage and becomes slowly.
--> Heart Crush: The Dark Jedi frazzles the Heart of his enemy. This deadly Force Power ends the life of the enemy or takes a great damage. If the enemy can rescue himself from death, he is unconscious for short time.

Force Grip: The Dark Jedi renders the opponent for short time immobile.
-> Force Choke: The Dark Jedi renders the opponent for short time immobile and takes in this time damage.
--> Force Strangle: The Dark Jedi takes the opponent in the air and strangles him to death. If the opponent can save his like, he is unconscious.

Force Wind: The Jedi creates a small wind, that upsets some enemies.
-> Force Twister: The Jedi creates a small twister, that lifts one enemy in the air and jolts him a little. Enemies near by getting upset.
-->Force Tornado: The Jedi creates a great tornado, that carries away both enemies and objects. The enemies in catched by this tornado are taking damage by bouncing against other things. If someone can escape this tornado, he feels so dizzily, that he shoots everywhere but not the player.

Force Defense :

Telekinesis Defense : The Jedi wards Force Push and thrown grenades.
-> Level 2 : The Jedi can award Force Push, Wind powers, Grenades and other objects.
--> Level 3 : The Jedi can reflect Pushes, Wind powers and grenades and objects.

Energy Defense : The Jedi can divert blastershots and Force Lightening with his Lightsaber.
-> Level 2 : The Jedi can reflect blastershots and Force Lightening with his lightsaber in the direction from where it came.
--> Level 3 : The Jedi can reflect blastershots and Force Lightening with his hands (like Yoda and Vader) and throw it back specifical against multiple enemies.

Well, i thought, the critical strike feat you have in KotOR 1&2 looks a little boring. So i thought of an really evil jabbing attack (dont know if its correct how i wrote it...) here is my idea:

Stab : The fighter jabs with his sword an enemy. He got the chance to take critical damage.
->Two Hand Stab : The fighter jabs with his sword an enemy. He got double chance to take critical damage and is much more precise.
-->Deadly Stab : The fighter first disarmes his enemy with a very cool technique, he punches him with one hand in the face and jabs at him.
--->Deathblow : The fighter grips his opponent at the neck and rams his sword or saber with all power in the torso.

I thought of give Jedi fighters more influence on other feats, like if I train Atton to Jedi (KotOR2) he should be a Jedi with blaster, know what I mean?

Force Pull combined with Stab: The Jedi pulls a enemy with the Force in this open sword.

Force Speed combined with Flurry : The Jedi uses his special speed and can make 50% more hits.

Force Jump combined with Power Attack : The Jedi jumps special high and takes resulting much more damage.

Force Sniper : The Jedi is more concentrated in blaster combat and has a very much higher chance to hit his enemy.

Force Indicate : The Jedi indicates targets from far distances.

Force Far Throw : The Jedi can throw grenades at enemies just when he see them.

Yeah, and finally, i thought, it would be great, to take really use of Force Sight. So i thought, when you spot an enemy with Force Sight through a wall or door, you can already make Force Choke or some powers at him. So you prepared your attack before walking through the door.

Thats it. I hope, you like my ideas. I know, the story is the most important thing in KotOR. but maybe those things can also take place...
 psand
04-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd like bigger worlds. ditto. I would also like more planets to explore than just seven or eight.
 Darca Lar
04-22-2007, 6:13 PM
more variety of movement when you're talking would be nice.
 Jediphile
04-22-2007, 6:22 PM
One thing above all else - for goodness' sake, fix the bloody clipping errors this time!! There are few things worse than seeing characters randomly poking vibroblades through a companion's chest during casual conversation or Atton typing on a non-existant keyboard :slsaber: :wstupid: :swear: :tsk:
 Nancy Allen``
04-22-2007, 6:34 PM
I know something that would be neat, have about fifty party members that are as developed as the best we've seen in the previous games, but the rub is the majority of them you have to perform specific tasks or have the right alignment to recruit them. For example how about a Padawan who left the Jedi because they were so noble they couldn't kill, and you have to have light side mastery before you can convince them to join you? Or a Mandalorian or Sith where you have to show how cruel you can be before they join, maybe with the Mandalorian you have to also show that you have honor that the Sith couldn't care less about.
 Prime
04-23-2007, 10:55 AM
IIRC at one time it was mentioned by the devs that NPCs were supposed to leave and join your party based in your actions. I'd like to see that in the next one...
 Captain Sparrow
04-23-2007, 2:42 PM
I would really like to see more party interaction this time. I hate seeing people standing in one spot, unceasingly staring at the walls. Not much, but maybe the characters could walk around the ship and talk among themselves sometimes. And it wouldn't even have to enter the conversation screen, but maybe a bubble could pop up over their heads like it does when you "talk" to civilians on Taris.
 1337mandalorian
04-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Do LA and the game devs look on these forums for ideas/to see what we want?
 Vaelastraz
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I highly doubt it. Just imagine a developer looking through this K3 forum subsection...
Person 1 wants a brilliant story
Person 2 wants a Kotor Oblivion
Person 3 wants fully customizable sabers/faces/robes
Person 4 wants real time combat
Person 5 doesn't want real time combat
Person 6 wants lightsabers to be lethal with frist strike
Person 7 wants a gray path

and so on. I think it would be little help. I think potential developers would know anyway what they are supposed to do. Stick to their strengths, add some new stuff and make a COMPLETE game...
 croma
06-14-2007, 1:28 AM
Well, how about if the developer released the official modding tool+tutorial+law so if in anyways the game was a great disappointment (which is common in sequels) for the ones who played it, they can easily mod it themselves.
 anakin34
06-29-2007, 8:44 PM
It would be so cool if the handmaiden had gotten pregnant at the end of k2 and had a child and you would start at the age of 15 training at the coruscant jedi academy since you don't get to go there in k1 and k2. And 2 mysterious figures who are Atton Rand and Bao Dur then they could serve as kreia except they don't slowly intoxicate you until she try to kill like a crazy schutta!
 Darth_vilas
06-30-2007, 6:14 AM
What i really would like is
Kotor1 swoops
More space stations and leviathan(sp) missions.
Maybe a bigger ship like a tantive IV. :vsd:
choke your officers :vader:
more chrystals in 1 lightsaber. And maybe more HotG an MotF crystals but les powerfull.
Revan and the exile must be in the game. because this game is the last one. We demand to know what happend to them.

Also I think revan is the sith lord frozen in carbonnite from EaW FoC. I also think the star forge returns. Because The droid on Dantooine said that the star map selfrepaired after it was destroyed. So why not the Starforge.
 psand
06-30-2007, 8:15 AM
I would also like a gray path to follow. A third choice to play the game so to speak, which would include different quests and a different outcome at the end.
 Lanowar
06-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Perhaps the choices I make affecting the game more so then usual the ablity to join either republic, the sith or the criminal underworld and whatever faction I join grants me certain characters with plot lines that branch off but are all part of a giant main plotline.

HK-47 again should be there since he is the breakout character of the game.
 Da_Man_2423
07-01-2007, 7:41 AM
HK-47 again should be there since he is the breakout character of the game.

By far.

More than 5 or 6 planets would be nice considering how many settled planets there are in the galaxy. Maybe larger areas as well, at least in the cities. Easy way to lengthen the storyline. How about being to play out what your actions are as a result of the game? Say you become the Dark Lord of the Sith, how about being able to go off and conquer every planet in the galaxy? Or if you're light side, defeat the Sith and attempt to go back to all the planets ravaged by them and attempt to help rebuild? So what if I defeated the Sith or became one? It doesn't mean anything if I can't play out what I've become. And no, a little cutscene at the end of the game is not satisfying enough.
 [Color] Jedi
07-08-2007, 1:25 PM
I'd like to see the following:

1. Obsidian as the developer. Seriously. I mean, of course, KotOR 2 lacked polish, but the storyline was much better than in KotOR, and Chris Avellone actually managed to smuggle some less than obvious moral choices into generally black-and-white setting of Star Wars.
2. Don't rush it. It is unlikely to happen, but hey, that's LucasArts we're talking about!
3. Further development of influence system. The idea is great, but character's behaviour should actually change with his alignment. KotOR 2 was full of strange situations, where "corrupted" characters suddenly became angry at the Exile if he/she had done something incompatible with their original alignments.
4. Less Jedi. Yes, it's a Star Wars game, but there must be certain boundaries. Non-Jedi should also play a prominent role in the game.
5. Ability to beat the game without violence. Jedi are supposed to be guardians of peace, so developer should give the player an option to resolve any situation through stealth or diplomacy. Violence should still be an option, of course.
6. Neutral path. Why should anyone using the Force be either a reckless maniac or a valiant do-gooder?
7. More developed party members, closely tied to point 2. NPCs should have their own goals and reasons - note, that these should be possible to change, provided you have enough influence - they should be able to forge some alliances between them, either to help the protagonist, or to harm him. Yes, it will be difficult to script, but this feature, if implemented properly, will make the game unique and will greatly enhance replayability.
8. Did I mention Obsidian?
 Obss Damell
07-10-2007, 1:31 PM
1. black lightsabers. i know it sounds odd, but a lightsaber that emits darkness instead of light wouldnt that be awesome? i mean some sort of darksaber then i guess.
2.More attacks, more difference in fighting styles.
3. different grades in alignment. like Black, dark, neutral, light, White. also with different stories of course.
4.More different classes and storylines.
5.make it a bit longer, i played through it in hardly two days. yet, its still fun of course.
6. More planets. FAR more planets. why jsut the outer rim? i would wait half a year longer, and even pay more for the game itself, if there were more planets! i want to visit Corellia, Tatooione, Coruscant, and countless others.
7. The ability to play along, even if u won the ''final battle''. if you are light, help the people rebuild there planet, defeat more sith! if you are dark, go do dark sruff! kill people, blackmail them, steal stuff, conquesr planets, etc.
8. If you are dark side, i think you should be able to kill anyone you see, anytime. just enter some house, and start a slaughter, like in Fable. its kinda of stupid that you can only kill a certain person after a certain conversation or quest.
 thacoolkid
07-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I would like to see two things in KOTOR 3:

First, A body damage/replacement system. Originally, your health would deplete like normal, but after a specific amount of damage is done, certain parts of the body can be adversly affected by battle. Once you have reached this 'critical' point, body parts and be serverely mamed or destroyed, leading to the addition of cybernetic replacements. The cybernetics will replace the destroyed part of the body or augment mamed or disfigured ones. The look of the parts can be chosen, but the choices are limited to your particular force alignment. Dark Side will have more crude augmentations (i.e. Malak's Jawpiece or Vader's rebreather), while Light Side will have more elegant augmentations (i.e. Anakin and Luke's respective gloved hand).

Second: Definitive Dark and Light Side paths.
Unlike the previous games where you simply become dark or light side aligned and make respective decisions on universal events, KOTOR 3 should offer different paths and perks through the same events depending on your force alignment. Example: if you are dark side you may go to Korriban and do completely different things than you would as a light side character, even though you go to the same places. These definitive paths should also contain different masters that you may follow or fight against depending on your alignment choices. Likewise, if you choose to be Sith, you should be presented with a "sith rebirth event." In this event, your master gives you you mantle as a dark lord of the sith. You can do as you would when you create your character from the beginning and choose a randomly generated "Darth" Name or create one yourself.
Whatever side you choose, it should happen halfway through the game, so that you can fully enjoy being a Jedi or a Sith; supporting or destroying the galaxy.

That, to me, would be the coolest improvement ever!!!
 Corinthian
07-26-2007, 6:44 AM
I have to agree with that second part, the Dark Side paths on both previous games have been extremely disappointing. You do the exact same thing, except the ending is different. Hell, in KotoR 2, the ending wasn't even very different.

However, that first part I have an issue with. I'm dueling some scrag Dark Jedi, take a few points of damage, then suddenly "Oh, your guy just lost an arm!" Besides, I think it'd be too hard to implement, and I'd really rather not go through my game as Ton Phanan, First Edition.
 thacoolkid
07-26-2007, 8:11 PM
However, that first part I have an issue with. I'm dueling some scrag Dark Jedi, take a few points of damage, then suddenly "Oh, your guy just lost an arm!" Besides, I think it'd be too hard to implement, and I'd really rather not go through my game as Ton Phanan, First Edition.

I feel you. I probably should have made it more clear as to what i was thinking. The 'critical' point i was reaching is not necessarily something that maybe every battle will cause. Maybe it could be dealt by an advisary with a high enough skill level, you know? like you my have to be a certain level of character or be fighting a boss character in order for these 'criticals' to take place. Nothing to me would have been more epic than to be battling Darth Sion on Korriban in KOTOR 2. Sion is extremely strong and me not being skilled enough to even challenge him, decides to stay and fight after Krea tells me to leave, only to mess around and lose an arm because my dexterity was low and my toughness wasn't high enough to take the hit. It gives your character more individual personality, it's much more realistic than simply falling over and dying, and it may give some players the ability to be more strategic in their gameplay if the difficulty is high enough.

thaCool

Edit: ....I mean, that's exactly what happened to Anakin in EpII. If he hadn't been so impetuous, he wouldn't have lost his arm to Dooku.
**just throwing that out there**

thaCool
 peepulwaxer
08-10-2007, 8:30 PM
I want there to be extreme character customization. I would also like full control of a ship in space combat and the ability to wander around the galaxy after the credits roll. A new style of swoop racing would be nice, like outdoors and with other people on the track.
 Nancy Allen``
08-10-2007, 9:47 PM
Yes, something like the Sims games, or even as basic as Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur. But I'd really like something that could, if you'll pardon the pun, lay the Smackdown on anything else.
Page: 6 of 7