Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

Page: 2 of 7
 ChAiNz.2da
08-07-2005, 1:40 PM
Agreed, I don't know what is sooo great about an old coot in a pit of gianormous trees... :rolleyes:

And ChainZ, even if it IS blasphemey I still don't like Jolee :P
no "kewl points" for you or the other non-believers then :xp: ... hehehe....

---------------

As for KotOR III, I hope they at least continue on with the story, wether it be Revan or the Exile... introducing a 3rd "vital" character (that must save the Universe :rolleyes: ) after the 2 previous games is going to take some major work to convince me of whatever the storyline is to be. I mean c'mon, what have I been doing for the last 2 games?! :fist:

I'd like a little 'closure' on the series...or at least on the matters at hand, then they can start something anew to keep the KotOR series alive ;)

StarWars seems to run in trilogies, so I can only hope... I have to say I'm a little "iffy" on the 14 years thing, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt if they can compensate it with a great storyline :D
 dale03ster
08-07-2005, 1:45 PM
I'd like to be able to refuse help from a character as well, I killed Juhani is K1... :dev7:

I think there should be mroe offensive force powers. It would be fun to pick weak enimes or objects up and slam them into opponents :P

Bring in :syoda: or someone who looks like him!!! :D
 Venom750
08-07-2005, 3:12 PM
I know this might be reaching but i'd like to see plioting because in all of star wars you see jedi being pliots and using the force to help them i'd like to see that like you could have your own x-wing type of ship but not
 Commas
08-07-2005, 3:43 PM
I think there should be mroe offensive force powers. It would be fun to pick weak enimes or objects up and slam them into opponents :P

YES! Please more offensive force powers especially for LIGHTSIDERS! and maybe even some buff powers for darksiders. lightsiders got stun, and stun droid for offensives, and push, but thats universal. OE could learn a thing or two from Stoffe's High Level Force Powers Mod. (i wonder if the OE guys ever download any of the mods we've made?)

i'd also like the ability to be able to continue to use the lower tiers of the force powers, espially in the push/whirlwind/wave line. who says just cause now i can push a lot of people at once means that i forgot how to only push one guy. also, when you learn, say whirlwind, force push should get stronger as well, so now you have whirlwind and a more powerful push, and then when you get wave, push gets even stronger and you get a stronger whirlwind, so you can keep using ALL the powers you learn.

and REAL AI! No more of this crap where my party member is supposed to be stationary, but then decides he has a bone to pick with the cannok half way across the freakin map, and he'll either get there or die trying because there is no ammount of mines in the world that can stop him!
 Hallucination
08-07-2005, 5:00 PM
How abou more dodging animations? How many times can a guy get impaled by a lightsaber? And make grenades rarer and more powerful, cause a guy could stick 20 grenades in his mouth and live to do it again later.
 biscuitneilston
08-07-2005, 5:34 PM
Lmao, agreed! I think that instead of having your guys being sliced and diced over and over again in a fight, there could be a fluid and continuing duel. Each character not wounding each other, but trying to find a break in the other's defences, but only when the player runs out of health does the opponent deal a killing blow. For critical hits, they could implement a sort of glancing blow, like a slice on their back/arm/leg, or something that wouldnt be enough to kill a jedi but weaken them a great deal - as a 'critical hit' should?
 DarthPeldorJoi
08-07-2005, 6:36 PM
I'd like to see a whole lot about lightsaber forms. First i'd like to see something along the lines of certain lightsaber forms will slowly pull you to the dark side unless you have a certain charisma. A very good example of this is Mace Windu's lightsaber form of VII/Vaapad. This form uses your anger to fuel your attacks, but unless you can control this anger, you fall to the darkside. This is the case with Dipa Billaba, Windu's apprentice, and sora bulq (they both used vaapad). And also i'd like to see feats that allow you to master certain lightsaber forms.
 dale03ster
08-07-2005, 7:55 PM
YES! Please more offensive force powers especially for LIGHTSIDERS!
When playing lightside i dont even use the force hardly, one of the reasons i find my self leaning to the dark side :dev9:
 IndianaSolo
08-07-2005, 8:17 PM
What I'd like:

-no more "Chosen One" storylines
-ability to play as a non Jedi
-no uber levels
-more difficult combat
 Lorden Darkblade
08-07-2005, 8:58 PM
Hmmm....
*reads entire topic*
Yeah... what they all said :D :D :thumbsup:
 MdKnightR
08-07-2005, 10:10 PM
How about specific animations for each lightsaber and force form? I hardly ever change my forms during the game because there is nothing new to see.
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
There are several things that must be included. Some have already been touched upon, but here goes:

1. Player Character Development! Just because the PC is custom-made doesn't mean that he/she can't have a personality! I'm talking voiceovers, appearence, etc. I think that the things you say and do in the game should not only affect light/dark appearence, but it should affect your demeanour as well (calm, gruff, sarcastic, etc.)
2. Dark Side Options should not be the dumb-!@#$ options. Palpatine was an in-Sidious force, not some stupid thug who just killed everything and intimidated everyone! Dark side options should reflect this.
3. Interparty development is crucial. The occasional cutscenes in TSL were nice, but I really missed the random conversations that certain NPC's in your active party had occasionally. And even those weren't enough! If there's one thing missing in the character development department, its the interparty dynamic. They should fight and argue based both on your actions and their's. Also, bigger is better, but not all party members should be important (nor do they all have to be very social). This is where KOTOR could take a page out of the Fire Emblem book.
4. Update the look/graphics! After a while of playing KOTOR, it begins to look repetative. One thing that could alleviate this in KOTOR III is if the different saber styles actually looked different (really, really different). Another thing that would be fun would be to customize the look of your saber. And the facial expressions/lip syncing/textures/ everything that pertains to the appearance of the game needs to get a makeover!
5. The combat system needs to be slightly tweaked. Lightsabers should not be all powerful; there needs to be some sort of counter to them. Also, there needs to be some stronger ranged weapons as well. Projectile weapons, more bazookas/rocket launchers, flamethrowers, grenade launchers, and bigger/badder lasers are all good candidates. Also, more classes are always better. How bout an assassin character that specializes in killing jedi? (toxic darts, anyone?).
6. Exploration! I don't like feeling cooped up in the Star Wars universe: I want to explore its confines! That means more planets, bigger maps, bigger stories, and more replayability.

All of this means that the developers are actually going to have to work!!!
 IndianaSolo
08-07-2005, 11:11 PM
A couple of other things I'd like to see:

-a wider variety of NPCs to join you, and not being able to get all to join in one play through. Much like Baldurs Gate where you had many more NPCs available than you could bring in your party. I liked how TSL expanded on it by making DS/LS dependent party members (Hanharr and Mira) and gender dependent party members (Disciple and Handmaiden), but I'd like to take it a step further where there are like 20 total NPCs, but you can only get 10 and it depends on your alignments, gender, ect. who you end up with.

-the ability to lose party members if they lose too much influence with you and they disagree with what you do (not right away, but say if you keep losing influence eventually they just leave), and in some cases they turn on you.
 MdKnightR
08-07-2005, 11:33 PM
-the ability to lose party members if they lose too much influence with you and they disagree with what you do (not right away, but say if you keep losing influence eventually they just leave), and in some cases they turn on you.

Excellent suggestion! This is very logical.
 M1911A1
08-08-2005, 9:27 AM
Lmao, agreed! I think that instead of having your guys being sliced and diced over and over again in a fight, there could be a fluid and continuing duel. Each character not wounding each other, but trying to find a break in the other's defences, but only when the player runs out of health does the opponent deal a killing blow. For critical hits, they could implement a sort of glancing blow, like a slice on their back/arm/leg, or something that wouldnt be enough to kill a jedi but weaken them a great deal - as a 'critical hit' should?

I think you've got something good there, but would the current combat system permit that? I think they would have to make some extensive changes for something like that.
 Stele
08-08-2005, 9:58 AM
regardless of what we all would like to see in KOTOR 3, for better or worse we will be suprised and disappointed, hell, i thought i would be playing revan in the second game, disappointed sure, but the story behind the exile character was fantastic. here was a character that followed revan to fight the Mandalorians, became so traumatized for what he did in the final battle, the he cut himself off from the force, from my understanding of this only the most skilled jedi masters could even attempt it, and then you might need more than one. now, for the story and game dynamics of KOTOR 3, this is what i think might happen, so take it for what it is worth
1-exile flies off to search for revan, now maybe prior to KOTOR 2, revan encounters exile and through unknown discussions sends him back to the republic, to warn them of the sith, kreia encounters exile and attempts to use him/her for her own needs, sith attacks the ebon hawk on the return, that is where KOTOR 3 begins. and you can make conjecture that exile was severely injured in the attack, and lost some of his memory.
2-after encountering revan, and perhaps rescuing him(and i like Vatter's idea of an injury to revan, arm, hand) that exile makes the ultimate sacrifice and dies to save revan, in some way attones for what he did in the war, thus, seeing that revan will save the galaxy. this could mean that revan will have an attempt to attone for what he/she did in the war, which you haven't done yet, and you play a severely weakened revan at the beginning.
3-the true sith, what can any of us say, the basic sith warrior could be as strong as a dark jedi or even a sith master
4-if you do indeed play revan, would like to see the character use both light/dark powers like kyle katarn did in the jedi knight series
5-more interactions with npc's tie up loose ends and such, expand on the romances of revan & bastilla/carth, exile & handmaiden/visas/disciple
(doomed romance?)
6-hmm, going back to previous point, what if npc's from KOTOR 2 sense the death of exile and sense that revan is alive, join forces with npc's from KOTOR
and launch a rescue operation, or even a premptive strike against the sith, so many possibilities for the third game, for all of our ideas and conjectures about the story and game physics, etc, bioware, obsidian, or whoever could make a game that none of us could have even thought of

and revan's homeworld was Deralia
 IndianaSolo
08-08-2005, 10:38 AM
and revan's homeworld was Deralia

Not necessarily. It's never confirmed if that was his real homeworld, or if that was one of the implanted "false" memories the Jedi Council gave Revan.
 Nephylim
08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
1) *cough* An official Mod Toolset with Tut.

2) Character creation similar to SWG: Ability to modify everything from eye color and shape to body type.

3) Multiple ship styles available for PURCHASE by the Main Character.

4) Ship Customization with limitations based on size and type.

5) Helmets... not Masks

6) Better unarmed combat: Utilize motion and give moves similar to Martial Arts.

7) Better Lightsabre combat. Acrobatics and gymnastics worked into the combat style.

For now, there's my two cents.

Nephylim
 Aiden Star
08-08-2005, 12:46 PM
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was playing KOTOR 3.....my mind created such a mouth watering game it was unbelievable!

This was the story line......

1. You are a force sensitive who trains as a Jedi
2. You meet another Jedi and fall in love.....
3. Your loved one is taken by a Sith Lord......
4. Character struggles with loss of the person they love. This can lead to the dark side......
5. Now the main story line wasnt to find the one you love. However it was to find and destory the Sith..........however with constant lure to dark side
6. Whatever path you take.....there is a MAJOR FINAL BATTLE. This is on the lines of Star Wars movies and KOTOR1........In the final battle you fight and kill off what you think is the Sith Lord who has captured the one you love. However only to find out there is a REAL sith lord waiting for you.......

FINAL BATTLE.....

The Sith Lord manages to cut off both of your arms......you are on your knees as the Sith Lord comes over to be-head you.......your light saber is a few metres away....however you are helpless without arms......or are you?

The Sith Lord goes for the final strike.......when suddenly his attack is blocked by your light saber......the camera does not show who has blocked the blow....it makes the viewer think that it is your long lost lover....however it is you.....using the force.......you push back the Sith Lord and there is a brilliant light saber duel where the Sith Lord is battling the light saber as your character stands back on your feet...showing resillience......you walk closer and closer to the Sith lord....and the force is growing stronger and stronger....bordering on the hate..............The Sith Lord slowly reteates with this sudden relentless attack........

Then a powerful blow and the Sith Lord falls to the ground ....in the processs is unmasked.............

.......the reality is daunting when the truth is shown.........the Sith Lord is a Jedi you once knew.........

.....the person you loved........

.....do you fall to the dark side......or do you end it.......capture......or to the death......

Thats what I dreamt I was playing! I was soooooo excited!
 Venom750
08-08-2005, 1:18 PM
@Aiden Star
was this all from your dream if it was then that some incredible detail because most of the time i can't remember what i dreamed about
 Aiden Star
08-08-2005, 1:50 PM
Yep.......Most of my dreams are boring........but this was vivid cause I just enjoyed the games so much and was sooooo hooked.

I went to sleep and dreamt this. The detail isnt that much really....I remember playing the final battle on my pc....which was a dream. heheheh

Pretty cool me thinks.
 Bon Solar
08-08-2005, 2:30 PM
I'd like the party to be different, there were opposites with Kotor 1 and 2.

For example

Carth Onasi - (first guy you meet again)
Bastilla - Kreia
Wookie - Wookie
Blue girl with wookie - Bounty hunter girl in kotor 2

Its all just a similar crew. Also mounts would be cool. Speeders etc.
 DarthSion101
08-08-2005, 2:42 PM
Be able to recruit a party based on your alignment. If your lightside, get only good guys and jedi. If you choose to be a Sith Lord, only recruit Sith charcters and villains from the game.
 Stele
08-08-2005, 2:43 PM
in replying to my previous post had time to think of it, the basic info you gave bastilla in your conversation with her was most likely true, except for what class of character you chose at the beginning (soldier, scout, etc), we all know who the character was before the endar spire. his home planet, and that fact that his mother died could have been memories that he forgot or wanted to forget, an obstacle to his path as the sith lord. had an interesting email from someone once about this same subject, the council basically turned back the clock, to a point in his life (or her life) as a jedi knight prior to being turned? to the dark side and his quest for the star forge. when revan and malak went off with a third of the fleet to chase down the mandalorians, they met with kreia (conjecture on my part), she may have started them down the path, but what, or who turned them to the dark side, and from the dialogue choices in KOTOR 2, i got the sense that revan saw his "eventual" conquest of the republic as the first step in a defence of the galaxy from the return of the true sith. and his departure from the republic shortly after the victory, may have been his way of delaying the inevitable, giving the republic the chance to mount some type of defence that he/she did not give them info on (defence from what). when carth talked with the exile and said revan left to fight something he did during the war, could revan have made some type of deal, given some vital information to the sith. personally i hope that the character you play for the majority of the game is revan, the personality, the morality of the character for me was not fully explored, he/she only knew late in KOTOR 1 what they once were, the exile attoned for what they did (my guess), revan..., revan might feel that they may never be able to attone for what h/she did, and by taking on the challenge alone, may do just that. someone even asked me, could revan be dead, not likely, if he was, the bond between you and bastilla could have manifested itself in the final dialogue with carth, if revan was dead, bastilla may have made some mention of it, the fact that she could not go on not knowing why suggested that, revan is alive, that last bit was certainly way off topic.
 DarthSion101
08-08-2005, 2:43 PM
oh man I almost forgot, Finally be able to murder Carth, He is so annoying.
 The_Maker
08-08-2005, 3:09 PM
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was playing KOTOR 3.....my mind created such a mouth watering game it was unbelievable!

This was the story line......

1. You are a force sensitive who trains as a Jedi
2. You meet another Jedi and fall in love.....
3. Your loved one is taken by a Sith Lord......
4. Character struggles with loss of the person they love. This can lead to the dark side......
5. Now the main story line wasnt to find the one you love. However it was to find and destory the Sith..........however with constant lure to dark side
6. Whatever path you take.....there is a MAJOR FINAL BATTLE. This is on the lines of Star Wars movies and KOTOR1........In the final battle you fight and kill off what you think is the Sith Lord who has captured the one you love. However only to find out there is a REAL sith lord waiting for you.......

FINAL BATTLE.....

The Sith Lord manages to cut off both of your arms......you are on your knees as the Sith Lord comes over to be-head you.......your light saber is a few metres away....however you are helpless without arms......or are you?

Sounds a little bit like a K1 on roids <_<
 Stele
08-08-2005, 3:28 PM
hmm, kill carth, nice idea, unfortunately by the end of KOTOR 2, as a result of his actions in KOTOR 1, admiral onasi probably now commands an entire republic fleet, definitely going to need that for KOTOR 3
 eopiesdoor
08-08-2005, 4:12 PM
I think you should start as a Jedi Padawan or dark Jedi Padawan. You do some official Jedi business for a bit, but while you are doing this you learn of the new threat from the outer rim where Revan and the exile went. Against your masters instruction you seek them out.

Along the way through dialogue and stuff you establish if Revan was light or dark and if the exile was light or dark, and maybe establish what they looked like.

During your search to find where they went you get the two droids and maybe a few returning characters from the first 2 KotOR games. I’d really like to see Jolee Bindo!

You finally meet up with Revan and the exile who have gathered many Jedi and dark Jedi to them to face this new threat. You defeat the new threat and the KotOR series is over.

*Play Star Wars Theme*
 Darth Moeller
08-08-2005, 4:18 PM
I think you should start as a Jedi Padawan. You do some official Jedi business for a bit, but while you are doing this you learn of the new threat from the outer rim where Revan and the exile went. Against your masters instruction you seek them out.
Its a pretty good idea, but its missing something... I still like it.

Along the way through dialogue and stuff you establish if Revan was light or dark and if the exile was light or dark, and maybe establish what they looked like.
It would be hard to establish what they look like. How would you do this?

During your search to find where they went you get the two droids and maybe a few returning characters from the first 2 KotOR games. I’d really like to see Jolee Bindo!
I must say I agree, I'd love to see Jolee and the droids in kotor 3.

You finally meet up with Revan and the exile who have gathered many Jedi and dark Jedi to them to face this new threat. You defeat the new threat and the KotOR series is over.
Unless you play as the Exile, I don't think you will meet him or her. Maybe Revan because he'll be in his suit/armour, but people wouldn't like it if the exile didn't look like theirs did from tsl.
 eopiesdoor
08-08-2005, 4:25 PM
Maybe you see them in a force vision and your masters ask to discribe what they looked like. This opens up the character creation thingy where you can choose.
 Venom750
08-08-2005, 4:31 PM
I don't think you'll be ale to play as Revan again because he's such a figue head now and too much has happen

@ chainz 2.dano "kewl points" for you or the other non-believers then ... hehehe....

I like Jolee espically when he said he likes you at the end i was like "Jolee likes me" :redbounc: :sbdance :spin:
 Darth Moeller
08-08-2005, 4:34 PM
Maybe you see them in a force vision and your masters ask to discribe what they looked like. This opens up the character creation thingy where you can choose.
Well, that is a good idea... But as cool as it sounds, I don't think they'll do that. I just don't think you'll see the exile unless you play as him/her.
 eopiesdoor
08-08-2005, 4:37 PM
Yeah, well this is the "what you'd like to see in kotor III" thread and I sure would like to see it:)
 Darth Moeller
08-08-2005, 4:53 PM
Yeah, well this is the "what you'd like to see in kotor III" thread and I sure would like to see it:)
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something like that too. I just tend to rule out ideas that I know won't happen. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong...

...wait, no. I'm never wrong :)
 eopiesdoor
08-08-2005, 5:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something like that too. I just tend to rule out ideas that I know won't happen. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong...

...wait, no. I'm never wrong :)

I guess you’re what they call a realist. I don't see many of those living in my happy land of imagination, butterflies, popcorn, lollypops, and Jedi :D
 Stele
08-08-2005, 5:45 PM
this might be off topic, but if anyone wants to buy a website, go to kotor3.com, no joke, last offer for it was $200.00 US
 jmac7142
08-08-2005, 6:00 PM
-New graphics engine
-SAME gameplay control (that makes the game in my opinion)
-SDK / toolset, support for modification
-better animations (they seem repititious and 'machine-like')
-More customizations for items (in appearance mostly)
-Play as Revan, 'crusading' across the Unknown Regions
-Final battle between Revan and the Exile (OE made them seem like opposites to me)
-A feeling of accomplishment for LS and power for DS
-A more upbeat feeling to it
-Your choices affect the galaxy for the whole game, (K2 only did that at the end in my opinion on 'Telos II') or at least you realize this when your character has a 'revelation', like how in K1 in the Malak cutscene on the Leviathan made you think of why Taris, ect. happened (in my opinion anyways)

I also think that Bioware and OE should do it, they both had good gameplay additions (In my opinion OE's most notable was the new GUI), and would serve to make the game better.
 zulu9812
08-08-2005, 6:03 PM
Has it even been confirmed that there will be a KotOR 3? Anyway, here are my suggestions...

Keep playing as the Exile. Go off to find Revan, discover that he was slain by the True Sith and then you have to confront them yourself.

At some point, it'd be cool to summon the Republic/Mandalorian fleet to engage the Sith as they invade the Outer Rim.

Others have said it, but it's very important: alignment changes shouldn't just be about how many force points it costs to use a power. The character's personality and motivation should change.

It'd be cool if your character was captured by the Sith, and they tried to turn you. Similarly, if you go DS, you could be captured by the Republic (or better yet, your old comrades). In each scenario you could choose to surrender to their persuasions (after a series of scenarios or quests) or you could destroy them. If you think about it, most 'classic' Star Wars scenarios have already been played out in the KotOR games: training to be a jedi, fighting in a war, leading a rebellion, and so on. The only 2 that haven't been done are taking part in a space battle and going through a conversion attempt.

The Jedi/Sith are too powerful in the first two games. After a certain stage in the game, ranged weapons become meaningless. I find that this ruins the scifi/mystic balance of Star Wars (tends too far to the mystic). The game that got the balance right was Jedi Knight II, IMO.
 Commas
08-08-2005, 7:30 PM
the more i think about the state of the galaxy at the end of K2 the more i think there will not be a third new character and that you play as revan or (hopefully) the exile. there are still no jedi left at the end of K2, the sith lords destroyed them all, so now there really is just revan, the exile, and if you trained them atton and mira and the rest, but there are no more lowly padawans learning the ways of the force because all the people that could teach them of the force are dead! of course there could be more jedi in hiding, but that was done in K2 and i dont think they'd repeat it again. plus i really liked K2's attitude toward jedi. first there was pretty much just you, you are the last jedi, second every one is angry with the jedi and distrust the jedi. You really have this "you against the galaxy" feel, like you had for luke and the rebels, i really hope K3 continues with this by making the jedi a dying breed. unlike with revan's story where the whole galaxy knew that they were at war, the exiles battle was not fought in the public eyes, probably nobody in the galaxy knew of the final confrontation on malachor v, or who the hell darth traya was, so in the galaxies eyes the jedi have not really redeemed themselves. K3 should not be about just saving the galaxy but saving the jedi order as well. i'd like to see a game where you can't just walk around waving you're lightsaber, make me hide the fact that i am a jedi. K2 touched upon this on dantooine, but that whole quest is broken, and no one cared if i was carrying a lightsaber unless i tried to talk to them. if you couldn't always rely on your lightsaber it would really change up your strategy and increase the value of ranged weapons. i really dont know where i'm going with this any more, so before i start to ramble (too late) i'll just end this post and come back to it when i have better ideas.

EDIT: One more thing, i want to see REAL MANDALORIAN ARMOR. when i heard there were mandalorians in kotor 1 i was all stoked, but when i saw my first one i was really dissapointed. then in kotor 2 they were exactly the same, more disapointment, but then i heard about mandalore! i thought for sure he'd have some real mandalorian armor, but no! wrong again! i really hope K3 finally gets them right (although i doubt they will)
 Stele
08-08-2005, 9:14 PM
commas, was waiting for someone to bring up that point, availability of jedi.
here is a list of jedi that i think are still alive by the end of KOTOR 2, and how sweet would it be if all of these characters were to make an appearance in KOTOR 3, in some way or another

corusant-jedi consul

KOTOR
Master Vandar-Dantooine
Master Zhar Lestin-Dantooine
Dustin Onasi-Korriban ?
Kel Algwinn-Korriban ?
3 renegade students-Korriban ?
Master Yuthura-Korriban ?
Mekel-Korriban ?

Bastilla
Jolee Bindo
Juhani
Revan

KOTOR 2

Atton Rand
Bao-Dur
HandMaiden
Disciple(?)
Mira
Visas Marr
Atris
Exile
 witchfinder
08-08-2005, 9:18 PM
What do you mean by "real Mandalorian armour"? Are you talking about Jango's/Boba's armour? If so, then I prefer the KOTOR version of Mandalorian armour!
 Mono_Giganto
08-08-2005, 9:29 PM
Don't worry Commas, you know we're fixing that already. ;)

As for the playable character, I agree with you on the 'no more Jedi left' thing, that's where logic took me as well. We know there are Jedi left, butthey're all predesigned characters. THe only decent customizable one for the game IMO is the Exile again. We are pretty sure that the only people who go to Malachor with the Exile is T3 and Mira/Hanharr. For sure, T3. So, have the Exile on board the Ebon Hawk talking to T3, first determining Revan's info, a bit more subtley too, K2's was too forward. Then, have the Exile tell T3 about the confrontation with Traya. In doing so, explaining the course of the last game. (IE: I tried to redeem her./She is no longer in my way. Something along those lines.) Then, depending on how you decide the last game ended, you go through a tutorial level, either collecting parts to repair the Hawk on Malachor (DS), or perhaps making repairs on the Hawk itself (LS). Naturally HK and maybe Mandalore would be there, probably not Mandalore though, he'd have to regroup more Mandalorians. After that the player goes into the Unknown Regions to search for Revan.

As for Revan, he needs to be alive in this game. OE turned him into too important of a character to be killed off. I think the player should at least encounter Revan, if not recruit him. Scenario follows:

Player is in some dark tomb-like area. Player notices movement ahead, walks forward. Player sees two Sith or some other bad guys, and another figure. This figure has their back to the Player, and is wearing a heavy cloak (Brown is Revan was LS and black if Revan was DS), with the hood up. Due to this, Player cannot see the figure's head or skin color, or even gender due to the thickness of the cloak. The two Sith attack the figure. The figure extends a gloved hand, using Force Wave to knock back both targets, unknowingly knocking back the Player as well. As the two Sith regain their footing, they rush to attack the figure. The figure calmly extends their hand again, choking one of the Sith where they stand. By this time, the other Sith has reached sword-range of the figure, but suddenly the figure pulls out a lightsaber (Color can be determined by T3's beggining convo, or randomized.) And swiftly cuts down the other Sith. At this point, the Player struggles through the knockout pains and attempts to initiate conversation. "Who are you?" Or something to that effect. The figure says nothing, but calmy heals the damage they inflicted to the Exile with Force Heal.

Continues on from there.

Advantages to this scenario:

Revan's appearance is still left unknown. A similar trick to Revan's suit in K1, but a little more original, not so obvious given the player's knowledge, and generally makes sense.
Revan's class and style of fighting are left open. Throughout the fight, Revan uses the Force and the Lightsaber.
Revan's side of the Force is not openly shown. Throughout this fight, Revan uses one DS power (Choke) one LS power (Heal) and one NE (Wave).
 Rok_stoned
08-08-2005, 10:17 PM
ok well my comp was down and my account wouldn't work but im back now.
anyways i have a ton of ideas literally and to tell the truth a lot could suck and many could be awesome.

first:
What do you mean by "real Mandalorian armour"? Are you talking about Jango's/Boba's armour? If so, then I prefer the KOTOR version of Mandalorian armour!
you mean the armor that makes the mandalorians look like they are premature children with abnormaly smal heads? and i think boba fetts armor is a space suit but im not sure were i heard it.

now for the ideas
-strength doesn't govern any skill!!! make it govern intimadate and make intimadate a skill.
-get rid of WMDs, you know the attack spells that all inevitably become AOE ( lightning, force wave, scream, horror and stasis.
why not have SOME aoe attacks that have it as an advantage.
-multiplayer a very contriversial concept but with proper usage and exicution it turns even the weakest of games into party fun. In the future ill be photo shoping my ideas to convey the message of my visions*.
-craptosis, every one says that cortosis weave is a rare and valuable ingredient in fine vibroswords and other bladed weapons that would be okay with me... if it was rare come on! its on every melee weapon. WHY!?!?!?
in my opinion all swords should have a -damage and defense vs lightsabres

*all my ideas come in the forms of visions be it dreams epiphinys or inter-video game references.

more later i dont want to waste all my ideas in one post...
 RedHawke
08-08-2005, 11:04 PM
now for the ideas
-strength doesn't govern any skill!!! make it govern intimadate and make intimadate a skill.
This goes against the purpose of Strength in the D20 system... Strength governs your ability to hit and applies extra damage to opponents in melee combat, and is one of the most powerful of the 6 PC attributes.

Intimidation comes not from sheer Strength, but it is done through appearance, bluffing, and threats (Charisma)...
-get rid of WMDs, you know the attack spells that all inevitably become AOE ( lightning, force wave, scream, horror and stasis.
why not have SOME aoe attacks that have it as an advantage.
No way, these powers are quite necissary as is especially for the Consular/Master/Lord classes who aren't as skilled in saber fighting, it is not the fault of the powers that the game lacked a little balance and polish time, especially toward the end. It is the NPC's and game settings that needed to be adjusted.
-multiplayer a very contriversial concept but with proper usage and exicution it turns even the weakest of games into party fun. In the future ill be photo shoping my ideas to convey the message of my visions*.
Because of the existance of SW Galaxies, the KOTOR series likely will remain a single player game only, LA does not want to possibly compete with their own products. ;)
-craptosis, every one says that cortosis weave is a rare and valuable ingredient in fine vibroswords and other bladed weapons that would be okay with me... if it was rare come on! its on every melee weapon. WHY!?!?!?
in my opinion all swords should have a -damage and defense vs lightsabres
That is a valid argument, one I also happen to agree with, but unfortunately the whole cortosis thing was invented simply because the game engine required it to handle saber vs blade fights... NWN had no saber weapons, so sabers were added in as just another melee weapon type, cortosis was added in to simply explain things.
 Rok_stoned
08-08-2005, 11:39 PM
looks like ill have to spend this reply on my rebutle... I still appreciat youre critisism but i was hoping to spend this post on more of my ideas.

This goes against the purpose of Strength in the D20 system... Strength governs your ability to hit and applies extra damage to opponents in melee combat, and is one of the most powerful of the 6 PC attributes.

yes but i find that no matter what strentgh is useless in kotor i never use it instead of dexterity i find its only advantage is not being armor restricted but it doesn't mater because robes dont restrict dexterity. maybe its just a coincidence but it always suked to me. but about intimadate isn't a big 250 pound man with huge muslces gonna scare the crap out of you more that a jolly mr. peanut who is persuasive? why would a charming person scare you?

No way, these powers are quite necissary as is especially for the Consular/Master/Lord classes who aren't as skilled in saber fighting, it is not the fault of the powers that the game lacked a little balance and polish time, especially toward the end.

but more specialised skills would be more realistic (not in a real world sense) in the aspect that every attack becomes the same because of the aoe thing.

Because of the existance of SW Galaxies, the KOTOR series likely will remain a single player game only, LA does not want to possibly compete with their own products.

but star wars galaxies doesnt revolve around the d&D system I dont think that galaxies and kotor are close enough to compete with each other and there has been plenty of rpgs in LA that were more simialar than kotor and galaxies, but you havent seen the visions i have in my head they're are really spectacular in my opinion.

That is a valid argument, one I also happen to agree with, but unfortunately the whole cortosis thing was invented simply because the game engine required it to handle saber vs blade fights... NWN had no saber weapons, so sabers were added in as just another melee weapon type, cortosis was added in to simply explain things.

it gladens me to see you dont loathe all of my ideas, but i dont think you understood what i meant, I meant that when fighting lightsabres swords would be at a disadvantage because most orthidox sword techniques would be useless against lightsabres and force the swordsman to focus on not destroying his weapon because of its vunerability to damge during lightsabre fights. my idea was that sword would experience a lowering in their attack power and defense vs lightsabres.

once more i appreciate your critisim it will make my ideas stronger as i search for solutions to problems.
 RedHawke
08-09-2005, 2:37 AM
looks like ill have to spend this reply on my rebutle... I still appreciat youre critisism but i was hoping to spend this post on more of my ideas.
Please, don't take what I was saying as infringing on your ideas... ideas are a good and noble thing. :)

I was merely trying to educate not criticise. ;)

yes but i find that no matter what strentgh is useless in kotor i never use it instead of dexterity i find its only advantage is not being armor restricted but it doesn't mater because robes dont restrict dexterity. maybe its just a coincidence but it always suked to me.
Strength is most certainly not useless, your Dexterity has nothing to do with adding to hit or damage, only with certain Finesse feats does it even allow Dexterity to add to-hit for certain types of melee weapons... this includes sabers. Even with said Finesse Feats it is your Strength that still adds a damage bonus when you hit.

but about intimadate isn't a big 250 pound man with huge muslces gonna scare the crap out of you more that a jolly mr. peanut who is persuasive? why would a charming person scare you?
Let me elaborate further on how the D20 system works...

Strength has nothing to do with your appearance, you will not look like an intimidating character because of Strength, you need Charisma for that.

No matter what your characters actual Strength, Charisma indicates what your appearance is, so with a 16 or more your PC is a beefy and intimidating 100 Kilo muscle-bound Adonis, with a 8 to 15 you are just average looking fellow, or with an 7 or less your PC is just a homely big and un-intimidating guy named Bubba! :D

I know it sounds strange to those unfamiliar with the D&D system but your Charisma is the stat that tells how you look and how persuasive and intimidating you are... even if you want your PC to be physically monsterous and scary, but very convincing and manipulative, you will still need a high Charisma to pull it off... (Without using some "house rules" to make characters with low charismas have a fear/intimidation effect that is.) But "house rules" are not normally recognised by the game companies so they are usually not implemented in the game system.

This reason alone was why in the AD&D rules they added in Comeliness as a 7th Attribute one that simply indicated your PC's looks/appearance, to let Charisma be only for Leadership, Persuasiveness, and Intimidation. Much simpler this way IMO. ;)

but more specialised skills would be more realistic (not in a real world sense) in the aspect that every attack becomes the same because of the aoe thing.
Here you are actually confusing game mechanics... you are talking skills they have nothing to do with spells... and no matter what spells will be like this, spellcasters will have to continualy cast their attack spells over and over... it is the way of things from way back... and it is inherited here because of the D20 system. But even in the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG System you still would have to use your Force (spell) powers similarly, repeatedly using similar high-damage ones, to defeat your opponents and play through the game. It is the way of RPG's.

but star wars galaxies doesnt revolve around the d&D system I dont think that galaxies and kotor are close enough to compete with each other and there has been plenty of rpgs in LA that were more simialar than kotor and galaxies
Well, if you look at it from a purely marketing perspective, no matter what the systems the games use, you would not release a product that could take your audience from another of your products, especially one that nets you a monthly income. No matter what.

it gladens me to see you dont loathe all of my ideas,
:D

once more i appreciate your critisim it will make my ideas stronger as i search for solutions to problems.
I'm not trying to be critical honest! :D
 Aiden Star
08-09-2005, 6:25 AM
There is only so much you can do story wise with Star Wars.... in the end its always someone stuggling with dark/light, someone falling in love....someones hand coming off.....a big war in the stars.

How about adding a more bizzarre story line??? Something which adds homour as well.

Maybe show there is peace 10,000 years after the Final star wars movie........Jedi are still around as they are virtually galactic "police". The many years of peace has led to many Jedi being as good as an average Police Officer - handling off misdermeanours and the occasional thug/criminal/murderer.

Jedi arent as powerful as they once were. Many are made Jedi's because they are merely force sensitive and never anything more. Most do so just as a "job". Some Jedi are better than others, some Jedi are still true to the cause albeit not as near as strong with the force as those in the years before.

Now this goes in line with what Kreia states in TSL. That many of the ancient Sith Lords were MUCH more powerful with the force and especially with the Light Saber.

This shows that over time while more people are connected to the force...the strength and technique is being watered down.

However after 10,000 years of peace something terrible happens.

A gigantic black hole appears near the Capital of the Galaxy. Many days go by and people are unaware as to what the cause is of this.

There is a large congregation around this black hole when suddenly thousands of Sith Ships appear. All jumping from out of the black hole.

The attack begins shortly after as the entire nearby planet is bombarded.

On one of the Sith Ships is a man, this character is you. Are you a Sith? Or are you a remaining Republic Soldier trying to warn people of what is to come......?

The story goes on to try and determing what the threat is, why it has attacked unprovoked.

What the story is......

There is a Sith Lord who's hate for the Republic and Jedi is so strong that he is willing to go back and destroy every Galactic planet. Not content with destroying a planet once, he is attempting to destroy history altogether. He also feels that the current Jedi are too weak and thus wants to face tougher and tougher Jedi and Sith Lords eventually proving that he is the most powerful ever.

While he is able to jump back to a different time in history, the only negative side is that he can only jump back a few hundred decades at a time and must wait weeks before being able to jump again.

While this seems bordering on the insane, there is only one way to save the destruction which has happened in the future.......and that is to save the past and present.

Will you aid the republic? will you aid the Sith??? How did the Sith create the time machine? How many years in the future was it created? How long have they been trying to go back in time. Is part of this time travel what is causing them to get more and more power???

Who will help you in your battle......

Along the way your character meets a Jedi whom is renown for his ability with the force....you are amazed that he is ......errrm a rather large man. :)

Well when one is so strong with the force, what use is there for peak physical conditioning?

I know the story has flaws...but its a little more original.....no love, no beautiful jedis and a violent story line.
 witchfinder
08-09-2005, 11:26 AM
you mean the armor that makes the mandalorians look like they are premature children with abnormaly smal heads? and i think boba fetts armor is a space suit but im not sure were i heard it.

Haha yeah, I love that armour!

This is how I'd design the lightsaber system:

1. Short - limited to one handed use only, speed bonus/power penalty.
2. Single - two handed use, average all round/No penalties.
3. Dual Short - massive speed bonus/average power/defence penalty.
4. Double bladed - massive power bonus/minute speed bonus/large defence penalty.

^^What'd you guys think about that system? It would add a whole new element to lightsaber design, and you could gather the required parts to decrease the penalties.

Oh and what do you guys think about the lightsaber system I posted a few pages back?
 Rok_stoned
08-09-2005, 12:17 PM
@ redhawk I didn't think that you were critizsizingeaadsdndvm (i forgot how to spell it so i got mad...) i prefer critisism to a bunch of yes men saying thats a good idea and contributing nothing. about the charisma intimadte thing tho... why is it that intimadate has options like intimadate/persuade and intimadate/lie if it is so simialar to persuade. and btw hi charisma intimadate makes me think about a siamese fighting fish bluffing to make it self look big.

and i ment to say spells not skills srry about that!
and you didn't say anything about cortosis and i got another idea; what if cortosis was still in the game but it was a rare ability on certain weapons only and negated the -damage vs. lightsaber?

and I like your sabre idea witch but i think it needs a lot more work to be applicable.
 RedHawke
08-10-2005, 1:25 AM
@ redhawk I didn't think that you were critizsizingeaadsdndvm (i forgot how to spell it so i got mad...) i prefer critisism to a bunch of yes men saying thats a good idea and contributing nothing.
Cool! :D
about the charisma intimadte thing tho... why is it that intimadate has options like intimadate/persuade and intimadate/lie if it is so simialar to persuade.
Both those Intimidation options (Persuading, Lying) use the, Charisma based, Persuade skill to determine if you were sucsessful, and both of them are a form of Intimidation in the eyes of the D20 game systems rules. ;)
Page: 2 of 7