Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)

Page: 4 of 5
 LordHoban
01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, I did say in my first reply that it may have been because of that (and asked if maybe it was).

In any case, I appreciate what the mod is and all the work that went into it. I've used many of your other items to good effect as well, and have only been trying to be as helpful as possible with my feedback. Thanks for your time, keep up the good work.
 Master Michael
02-18-2007, 11:09 AM
An excellent mod, Red Hawke.

Just a little problem with finishing the cave quest. I have killed everything that can be killed in the cave (Rancor, mandalorians and all the droids), but according to the Major I havn't finished the quest.... Is there anything I am missing?

I have the 1.2 version.
Is the "RedHawke's ORD Mandell Mod.kmm" file going anywhere? It's not specified in the Readme
I also have the following mods installed:
WotOR 1.3
Holowan Plugin2
Jedi Royal Guard 1.02
Korriban Crystal Cave
 Allronix
02-18-2007, 12:12 PM
An excellent mod, Red Hawke.

Just a little problem with finishing the cave quest. I have killed everything that can be killed in the cave (Rancor, mandalorians and all the droids), but according to the Major I havn't finished the quest.... Is there anything I am missing?

I have the 1.2 version.
Is the "RedHawke's ORD Mandell Mod.kmm" file going anywhere? It's not specified in the Readme
I also have the following mods installed:
WotOR 1.3
Holowan Plugin2
Jedi Royal Guard 1.02
Korriban Crystal Cave

Ah. I think it's the Korriban cave that's holding you up. The Ord Mantell mod has a script meant for the back of the korriban cave that will clash with the crystal cave. It's kor_35trgpass.dlg - or something similar. It's the dialogue file that in an unmodded game tells you there's nothing on the planet's surface.

If you've got darth 333's armband, you can set up a warp dialogue for both the crystal cave module and the Ord Mantell cave.
 Master Michael
02-18-2007, 3:14 PM
Thanks for the tip, Allronix.

The file was called k34_trg_passage.dlg. I deleted the file, and it worke perfectly.
 RedHawke
02-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Ah. I think it's the Korriban cave that's holding you up. The Ord Mantell mod has a script meant for the back of the korriban cave that will clash with the crystal cave.
For the record it is the Crystal Cave mod that is at fault here, for that mods file is overwriting mine by being in the override. ;)

And it is ORD Mandell. :p
 TLM20
02-21-2007, 2:04 PM
Is this mod compatible with the Korriban crystal cave mod? Think it's affecting one of the quests.
 Master Michael
02-21-2007, 2:23 PM
As stated in the posts above here, it conflicts with the back of the cave on ORD Mandell. If you delete "k34_trg_passage.dlg" from your Override before you enter the cave on ORD Mandell, it works fine. Then put it back before you go to the cave on Korriban, if you havn't been there.
 knightmare66
02-22-2007, 1:20 AM
This batch file makes removing and restoring the offending file easy. Just create a new text file in override, paste this inside it, and rename it to .bat extension. Then run the .bat when you travel to Ord Mandell, and again when you leave, there's no need to re-extract the file from the mod's archive.

IF EXIST k34_trg_passage.dlg GOTO rendlg
IF EXIST k34_trg_passage.dlg.bak GOTO restoredlg
GOTO end
:rendlg
ren k34_trg_passage.dlg k34_trg_passage.dlg.bak
GOTO end
:restoredlg
ren k34_trg_passage.dlg.bak k34_trg_passage.dlg
:end
 RedHawke
02-22-2007, 1:41 AM
Is this mod compatible with the Korriban crystal cave mod? Think it's affecting one of the quests.
Nope, they are incompatible.

Also in all actuality it is up to whomever made the Korriban Crystal Cave mod to fix this issue IMHO. As they easily could use the TSL Patcher by Stoffe to solve this. Since my mod is already packed into modules I really can't do anything to fix this.
 Master Michael
03-06-2007, 6:11 AM
@TLM20: You can use both.
If you go to ORD Mandell before Korriban, just remove this file from your Override "k34_trg_passage.dlg", and put it back after you finish ORD Mandell. Then the Crystal Cave Mod will be intact.

Both are very good mods.
 stoffe
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Mod note: I've cleared out a long exchange from this thread that didn't have much to do with the topic. If you feel the need to continue that discussion please do so in a more suitable place, like via PMs.

Back to the topic at hand please: Redhawke's Ord Mandell mod. :)
 rev500d2
05-10-2007, 11:58 PM
This mod is great! I'm FINALLY getting around to playing KOTOR for the 1st time (yeah I know it's super old news to all of you already).

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work Redhawke, I've really been enjoying this, the Ebon Hawk Workbench, and many of your other mods. I'm happy to be getting my long neglected Star Wars fix!
 Mindtwistah
05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Wow, loved this mod! The best planet mod ever!!
All heil RedHawke
 GeorgNihilus
05-17-2007, 6:58 PM
[Insert Evil Laugh Here]

And I have no idea if the planet will become unavailable like the others do when you crash on the unknown world, I hope it does, but I have no idea if it really will, either way I would suggest once going to the unknown world, if the planet is still available, to avoid going to it, as I don't know what the effects on your savegame would be. If the planet is still available when you leave the unknown world, and you go to it, instead of the Star Forge like you are supposed to... you could mess up your save game so you do this at your own risk!!!

Enjoy! :D

Well just in case you still don't know; I've played a couple of times after the Unknown world and seems to work fine ... Ord Mandell doesn't even appear in the galaxy map (the planet icon, the other planets do appear as usual without names) ... so good news for this new planet. :thmbup1:
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Hello -

I have enjoyed playing this mod thru before, on a previous install of K1, on a previous computer. I have encountered an issue that I'm not sure how to deal with.

Specifically, this time through, I have wiped out the Mandalorians in the cave, and all of the malfunctioning droids. I kill Mr. Happy, collect the Fallen One's Robes (worth the price of admission right there :)) and then discover the "hidden" cave.

Go thru, kill all the uber-kinrath, get all my crystals... and here's where I run into a problem.

I return back to the cave entrance/exit, and when I stroll through, I arrive in the Korriban cave, with a Tarentatek waiting for me, along with Shyracks.

Mod conflict? I do have the Korriban Crystal Cave mod installed, but that didn't stop me from entering the Ord Mandell crystal cave. I read in this thread a few pages up that a specific script, k34... was responsible for some issues with these two mods working together. I removed this script from my override, and still I cannot return to the Ord Mandell caves.

I haven't played through Korriban yet. Is that an issue?

Any help would be appreciated, RH - I am a big fan of your mods in general.
 Aurora Starfire
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Actually, when I played, I just removed the Korriban Crystal Cave .mod file from the module folder when I went to ORD Mandell, and put it back in after I left, and that fixed it for me.
 RedHawke
06-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Any help would be appreciated, RH - I am a big fan of your mods in general.
I'm sorry qui_gon_glenn, as I do not have that Korriban Crystal Cave mod I can be of no assistance here. :giveup:

Also in all actuality it is up to whomever made the Korriban Crystal Cave mod to fix this issue IMHO. As they easily could use the TSL Patcher by Stoffe to solve this. Since my mod is already packed into modules I really can't do anything to fix this.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-09-2007, 2:39 AM
Well.... I apologize for my error.

I found that the offending script was not the one mentioned earlier in this thread, but a warp script... I was being sent to the incorrect crystal cave, due to the warp script in the korriban crystal cave mod.

I had forgotten the difficulties of your cave.... oh the horror :blaze6:

Thanks to your construction bench mod, I survived the encounter minus my PC. Thanks to KSE, your Mission as a Jedi Mod (Guardian this time, for a change), and Canderous sporting Custom Heavy Armor and the Custom Heavy Repeater, I made it through :)

Your mods are a great extension to the gameplay, RedHawke. I have been playing KotOR for a while now, and mods like yours make it enjoyable still.
 RedHawke
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Well.... I apologize for my error.
Nothing you need apologise for I assure you. Now the person who made the other Cave mod... well. ;)
 Fredi
06-18-2007, 3:11 PM
I need to say that I love this Mod :D ..... Thanks RedHawke for creating it !!! :D
 Titanius Anglesmith
06-18-2007, 3:51 PM
Wow! I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! Never have I had a more difficult time in all of my KotOR experiences. How I wish the whole game was that hard and had as many enemies. :D
 Gargoyle King
06-18-2007, 4:13 PM
Wow! I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! Never have I had a more difficult time in all of my KotOR experiences. How I wish the whole game was that hard and had as many enemies. :DYou only just played it, Wow! It is pretty hard but there's nothing like a good challenge now is there? If you want a harder game you could get Shem's Kotor

Enhancements mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;69389)
or some hardcore mod:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sternenschmiede.de%2F) index.php%3Fcmd%3Dsubcat%26scid%3D34&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

to make the game harder! (Thought Ord Mandell was hard as is, try a harcore mod! :D )
 correllian_thug
06-20-2007, 10:34 PM
i just got this mod, it is so cool! but really tough, all those mandalorians, i'll be replayin it for weeks now! great work!
 Simon92
07-05-2007, 3:01 PM
OK It seems to be a great mod but I've encountered a problem; Whenever I try to exit the Ebon Hawk it goes to the loading screen but starts an autosave EVEN WHEN I've turned the Autosave function OFF. And it crashes about 1/6 of the way throught the autosave. Can anyone halp me/Give suggestions?
 RedHawke
07-06-2007, 8:00 AM
Hmm... the only thing that I can think of that can cause that would be the module files not being present in the modules folder. Re-check the installation and make sure the files went to the right folders.
 Simon92
07-06-2007, 1:28 PM
Funny that because despite making sure numerous times that the files were in the modules section they weren't. Thanks Redhawke, and awesome mod. I was considering downloading it but Warren the Quarren really swung my decision to download it.
 GarfieldJL
07-08-2007, 3:04 PM
I like the mod but why did the lost one's robe have too look like Revan's robe, tbh I would have preferred a robe like the Qel Droma robes, because K1 has a tendency of making the long robes move and look like a dress and makes Revan look ridiculous.
 RedHawke
07-09-2007, 4:59 PM
I like the mod but why did the lost one's robe have too look like Revan's robe, tbh I would have preferred a robe like the Qel Droma robes, because K1 has a tendency of making the long robes move and look like a dress and makes Revan look ridiculous.
I don't agree, but everyone having a differing opinion is what makes life interesting. ;)

FYI I used pre-existing appearances for the NPC's and items so as to make the mod use as few 2da files as possible, many things in the mod were dulled down because I wanted the mod to be as compatible as possible with other mods (obviously some things couldn't be avoided however).

Edit: GarfieldJL I have had to delete your below post, further discussion on your likes and dislikes of Revan's Robes looks will take this thread off-topic, this thread is about the ORD Mandell mod. Thanks.
 Rick Shan
10-30-2007, 11:12 AM
This planet mods doesn't count for nє of planets until the Leviathan appears? In k1 you after you visit 4 planets the leviathan appears and then you lose Bastila
 RedHawke
10-30-2007, 5:05 PM
This planet mods doesn't count for nє of planets until the Leviathan appears? In k1 you after you visit 4 planets the leviathan appears and then you lose Bastila
Pardon me, but you are saying/asking what here... exactly? :confused:
 Arбtoeldar
10-31-2007, 7:23 AM

Since Ord Mandell doesn't have a star map. The planet doesn't have anything to do with the Leviathan showing up.
 Aeroldoth
12-03-2007, 7:07 PM
Am I correct in thinking that one must choose between this or the Recruit Mekel mod since they both have a global.yrl?
 RedHawke
12-04-2007, 2:38 AM
Am I correct in thinking that one must choose between this or the Recruit Mekel mod since they both have a global.yrl?
Actually no you can use them both (with just a little wrangling)... stoffe saves the day yet again! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=170691) ;)
 Aeroldoth
12-04-2007, 8:35 AM
Hurray! :clap2:
 Sithspecter
01-07-2008, 7:49 PM
Thanks for such an awesome mod RedHawke! The best!
 rearviewmirror
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
sorry to ask a dumb question, but what version do I want to download for the first time, with an installer?
 RedHawke
01-08-2008, 2:09 AM
The newest version... I left the installer version up only for nostalgic reasons or if someone has a need for it.
 rearviewmirror
01-08-2008, 6:09 PM
The newest version... I left the installer version up only for nostalgic reasons or if someone has a need for it.

Oh ok so I just send it to my override folder as usual after I unzip it.
 RedHawke
01-09-2008, 2:02 AM
Oh ok so I just send it to my override folder as usual after I unzip it.
No... Instructions on how to install it are in the readme file.
 Meatbag77
01-06-2009, 5:36 AM
Thanks for another awesome mod, Redhawke!!! I just played through on Medium difficulty with Talchia's Hardcore mod as well. OUCH. For the fights in this mod I actually had to use tactics and bait and run, a lot. :D Outstanding. Thank you:shades2:

I have a small problem compared to some of the others I've read on this thread.
The Bargwain (sp) Blades that I've picked up throughout the planet, for a total of 30 blades, say they are upgradeable. They also have the white blocks in the title. This seems to be a reocuring problem for me. The crystals from your Jawa store mod did the same thing. I can't access the blades on my workbench in the Ebon Hawk either. :confused:

Sorry for the spelling. :D:xp:
 Darth Payne
01-06-2009, 9:04 AM
Umm, i think that it actually says that they are upgraded, not upgradeable.

I could be remembering wrong though.
 Meatbag77
01-06-2009, 9:38 AM
I looked again. I'm an idiot.:D When I saw the white brackets/boxes I immediately went to report the problem. Lol.

Sorry to bother you with a stupid remark.

Thanks for the awesome mod RH!!
 RedHawke
01-07-2009, 3:20 AM
Just an FYI all but the little white blocks in the titles/descriptions are from using a carriage return in the good old GFF editor that we had to use to edit these things before we got the function added to KotOR Tool. ;)
 CrisG
01-24-2009, 1:32 PM
This looks quite interesting i am going to have to check it out:) nice work.
 Bob Ta'aar
12-08-2010, 5:31 PM
Is it just me that is too stupid to find the correct link, or is the link to download version 1.2 dead?
The only link in RedHawke's first post working for me is the alternative link for v1.0 :(.
Anybody has a working link to download the newest version? I'd love to try out this mod!
 Darth InSidious
12-08-2010, 6:34 PM
^Nope, I can't access it either. Looks like RedHawke's website is down. He normally swoops by every so often, and I'm sure he'll take note of this thread if/when he does.

If you can't wait, though, Bob, it's a very popular mod, so I'm sure someone will be able to set you up with v1.2. :)
 RedHawke
12-13-2010, 8:26 AM
With all the "Your site is down!" PM's etc. it makes me wonder if people other than myself can actually see my sig?

I keed! ;)

But seriously... Yup, I know its gone folks.

With my move my site went bye-bye, my new ISP doesn't have any free web space associated with my account. I can complain to them that they suck and are slow/crappy, but that profits me nothing as high speed internet is pretty much a 'you have only one choice' thing where I am.

What does this mean? I don't know, I'll think of something when I get some free time.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Is it just me that is too stupid to find the correct link, or is the link to download version 1.2 dead?
The only link in RedHawke's first post working for me is the alternative link for v1.0 :(.
Anybody has a working link to download the newest version? I'd love to try out this mod!

^Nope, I can't access it either. Looks like RedHawke's website is down. He normally swoops by every so often, and I'm sure he'll take note of this thread if/when he does.

If you can't wait, though, Bob, it's a very popular mod, so I'm sure someone will be able to set you up with v1.2. :)

Doh.. I keep forgetting that the alternate link is very specific... here ya go gang. I'll fix the original post as well and add the link. ;)

Ord Mandell v1.2 Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/RHORDMandellMod12.7z)

RedHawke all of your mods that I've alt-hosted are still up.. but if there are any others that got left out, just let me know. It's not a problem for me to host them. I have unlimited space and bandwidth ;)
 Bob Ta'aar
12-17-2010, 6:59 PM
sweet! thanks a lot :)!
 wahakalol
12-18-2010, 4:32 PM
RedHawke all of your mods that I've alt-hosted are still up.. but if there are any others that got left out, just let me know. It's not a problem for me to host them. I have unlimited space and bandwidth ;)

wait...you mean we can still get Redhawke's mods??!
do tell, I haven't been able to locate them on your site...
Page: 4 of 5