Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)

Page: 3 of 5
 RedHawke
08-11-2005, 3:28 AM
^^^^
Er'... jmac you are replying to a post near a year old? Capt-Nemo posted that on 11-01-2004. ;)
To give you a basic idea of what i'm doing i'm enhancing/adding to what you already have. Of course when I release the mod I will give you full credit.

As for the mod i'm working on i'll gladly givey you more info about it and hopefully have a real post up sometime soon.
This is something I am quite uncomfortable with, ORD Mandell is (for lack of a better term) my baby, and is one of the mods I will not endorse others altering in any way for release or distribution... sorry. You are not the first person to ask this BTW.

While I do realise a negative response is something that you likely didn't want to recieve, I really do want encourage you to feel free to start your own new planet mod, and thusly choose your own combination of pre-existing game modules, Placeables, NPC's, Quests, Dialogues, and Story to include in it...

I just do not want the ORD Mandell mod to be added-to or altered by another modder for any sort of release. I hope you can understand.

But i'm running into somewhat of a problem or at least a hinderence. I know I saw mentioned in a few other posts (making merchants) that ord mandell is suppsoed to include the source scripts (for the modules and the overrides I assume) problem is I have checked all the .mod files and everything installed in your latest version and found nothing. I've double check your site and the modfiles you link to and still nothing.

I'm asking if i'm missing something or a place they may be or if in your last/latest build you forgot to include them or if they can be gotten from someplace else or what? *heh* having those source will not only help me learn of course but will also make any modfications/changes a make easier since I won't have to rebuild some of the script files. (witch i have already done in one case so far) Unfrounrtly I can't read byte code as many can't and don't really want to take the time too. So any help in this would be appricated.
Hmm... strange... I just looked for them and I see I don't have them anymore... :eek: somewhere along the lines they have dissappeared, probably when I transferred my files to my new PC... drat!

But the merchant scripts are quite similar to the one posted in the Creating Merchants (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=147231) tutorial, or you can download my Rodian Elder Merchant Mod (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/mods/RHRodianElderMerchant1.rar) and a source script for a merchant is in there as well. I hope this helps! ;)

Thanks again for the great mod and I enjoy you do great work. I look forward to modding yet another great game and making more contributions :) Thanks.
You are welcome! :D

EDIT: Saved! Download the version of ORD Mandell (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7699) from PCGameMods as it has the merchant source scripts in it. @ Thanks ChAiNz I will post the link on my site as well as the first post in this thread! :D
 ChAiNz.2da
08-11-2005, 3:36 AM
Hmm... strange... I just looked for them and I see I don't have them anymore... :eek: somewhere along the lines they have dissappeared, probably when I transferred my files to my new PC... drat!Hey RedHawke!
I have the previous version of Ord Mandell (without the .exe install) in my archives. It has the source scripts :D

I'll PM you a link, then you can decide whom gets your source ;)

No offense to anyone, but seeing as it's Red's mod, it should be his decision, not mine, as to how to distribute them :)
 Quickshot14
08-11-2005, 10:00 AM
First of all let me thank you for responding quicker then I expected redhawke, I know how things can get with old posts like this :)

This is something I am quite uncomfortable with, ORD Mandell is (for lack of a better term) my baby, and is one of the mods I will not endorse others altering in any way for release or distribution... sorry. You are not the first person to ask this BTW.

While I do realise a negative response is something that you likely didn't want to recieve, I really do want encourage you to feel free to start your own new planet mod, and thusly choose your own combination of pre-existing game modules, Placeables, NPC's, Quests, Dialogues, and Story to include in it...

I just do not want the ORD Mandell mod to be added-to or altered by another modder for any sort of release. I hope you can understand.

This is unfourtante and throws a bit of a wrench in my plans. While I do not agree with such things (ie i think it pointless to make a mod release it and tell others not to mess with it, kind of negates the whole point of modding in my opinon) As a fellow modder and someone new to this modding community I will respect your wishs and dis-continue my modfications of your mod.

Thankfully I am still in the rather early stages so moving/changing what I have done to a new planet shouldn't be too hard. Also since I do like your mod I will try to make my new one as compatible with it as possible. As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.

Again while I don't agree with your logic on the matter I do understand and will respect your wishs and will dis-continue to moddfied/add/enchance to your ord mandell mod. This of course means more work for me :D ahh joy but in the long run it may work out better guess we shall see. Thanks for your help thus far regardless and hopefully i'll have somekind of real post when I have substansle progresss. Thanks.

OFF TOPIC BTW @ Chainz.2da: Love the laughing man avatar very nice ;)
 Darth333
08-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Also since I do like your mod I will try to make my new one as compatible with it as possible. As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.

I understand Redhawke's refusal and I see it as good thing too: we'll have a brand new area mod :rock:

If you need some script samples or need help with anything, just post your questions on the boards and we will be happy to help you :)

Welcome to the forums Quickshot14!
 RedHawke
08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
First of all let me thank you for responding quicker then I expected redhawke, I know how things can get with old posts like this :)
:D

This is unfourtante and throws a bit of a wrench in my plans.
Sorry about that! :(

As a fellow modder and someone new to this modding community I will respect your wishs and dis-continue my modfications of your mod.
I thank you! While you don't understand why now, I'm sure you will when your project is completed. ;)

As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.
If I find any more of the scripts I will post the source files here in this thread so everyone will have them... that is if I can find them in my backup disks, somewhere. The galaxy map one would be the most important. :)

In the interim you mught want to look at the following threads this one (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=143328), and this one (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=127001).

Lastly, as Darth333 said welcome to the forums Quickshot14! :D

EDIT: Found the k_pebn_galaxy.nss source I used...

//:: k_pebn_galaxy
/*
Brings up the galaxy map with
the current planet selected
Planetary.2DA indexes should be
used instead of PLANET_ constants

0 Endar_Spire
1 Taris
2 Dantooine
3 Kashyyyk
4 Manaan
5 Korriban
6 Tatooine
7 Leviathan
8 Unknown_World
9 Star_Forge

Modifications by Peter T.
When the player uses the galaxy map and only Dantooine
is available (i.e. after Taris, but before being given
the main quest),

*/
//:: Created By: Preston Watamaniuk
//:: Modified By: Peter Thomas 11/03/03
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_debug"
#include "k_inc_ebonhawk"

void main()
{
Db_PostString("Running v3.0", 5, 5, 3.0);
int nPlanet = EBO_GetCurrentPlanet();
if(nPlanet == -1)
{
nPlanet == PLANET_DANTOOINE;
}

//Datooine
int nMain = GetGlobalNumber("K_KOTOR_MASTER");
if(nMain == 10)
{
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE); //DAT
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE); //TARIS DESTROYED
//SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, FALSE);
// Peter T. 11/03/03
// add journal entry about the Ebon Hawk
//AddJournalQuestEntry("k_ebonhawk", 1);
}

//Creamy Middle
if(nMain == 15)
{
//SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE); //TARIS DESTROYED
//SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, FALSE);
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE); //KAS
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE); //MAN
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE); //KOR
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE); //TAT
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE);
//This is where you add your new planet call... for the normal game.
SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);// ORD Mandell
SetPlanetSelectable(15, TRUE);

//MODIFIED by Preston Watamaniuk on May 10, 2003
//Putting in the scripting for the live content packages
//MODIFIED by Preston Watamaniuk on Oct 14, 2003
//Moved this from the top of the script to the Creamy Middle Activation
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG1))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(11, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(11, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG2))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(12, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(12, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG3))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG4))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(14, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(14, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG5))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG6))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(16, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(16, TRUE);
}

// Peter T. 11/03/03
// remove the journal entry about the Ebon Hawk
Db_PostString("journal removed");
RemoveJournalQuestEntry("k_ebonhawk");
}

//Dantooine Destroyed
if(nMain == 20)
{
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, FALSE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE); //KAS
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE); //MAN
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE); //KOR
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE); //TAT
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE);
//This is where you add your new planet call... after Leviathan.
SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);// ORD Mandell
}

//Unknown World
if(nMain == 30)
{
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, TRUE);
}

//Star Forge
if(nMain == 50)
{
//P.W. (June 8) - When the Star Forge Opens up all the live planets are

gone.
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG1))
{
Db_MyPrintString("GALAXY MAP DEBUG ********************** Live Planet 1

is now unselectable");
SetPlanetSelectable(11, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG2))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(12, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG3))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(13, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG4))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(14, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG5))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(15, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG6))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(16, FALSE);
}
SetPlanetSelectable(15, FALSE); //Removes Ord Mandell on Unknown World
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, FALSE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, TRUE);
}
if(nMain == 60)
{
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, FALSE);
return;
}
//SetPlanetAvailable(12, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(14, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(16, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(12, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(14, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(15, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(16, TRUE);
ShowGalaxyMap(nPlanet);
}
 rgdelta
08-12-2005, 12:28 AM
BTW this has nothing to do with Ord Mandall mod but I am doing a big mod a extension on the darkside ending including new planets and other stuff but my question is as long as I give you credit do you have any problem with me using the art from your items/sabers/armor/weapons pack. I am art challanged and suck at actual artwork and I like your items but for my use are a little overpowered or not exactly what I want but I really would like to use the art work. I will give anyone who's mods/art I use in my mod full credit with no doubt.

BTW I am new to the community and quickshot14 is my RL brother.
 Arбtoeldar
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread.

In the Readme it say for characters 14+ plus. My character is 15th and my NPCs are 13th. The droids are a good fight yet I cannot kill a single Manalorean by himself without pumping up my stats to insane levels. :mad::(
 RedHawke
12-17-2005, 12:13 AM
In the Readme it say for characters 14+ plus. My character is 15th and my NPCs are 13th. The droids are a good fight yet I cannot kill a single Manalorean by himself without pumping up my stats to insane levels. :mad::(
Honestly, because there are so many possible character builds and item combinations, what I wrote is just a general guideline for the level required to play this mod, nothing more... sorry!

You see, there was a general consensus that the game was "too easy" so I made a part that was anything but... it is surprising what you can do by simply giving NPC's good stats, some good equipment, and maxing out their HP, huh? ;)
 Nodakrattler
12-17-2005, 1:15 AM
Honestly, because there are so many possible character builds and item combinations, what I wrote is just a general guideline for the level required to play this mod, nothing more... sorry!

You see, there was a general consensus that the game was "too easy" so I made a part that was anything but... it is surprising what you can do by simply giving NPC's good stats, some good equipment, and maxing out their HP, huh? ;)

I'll say I just went through it with a level 16 pure gaurdian w/ Jolee and Bastilla and almost got whupped a few times.
 SophiaM
01-31-2006, 2:47 AM
This mod absolutely rules. it's a wonder why LA hasn't released their own updates with content like this, it would make playing the game again more enjoyable.
*muchos kudos*
 krelm
03-12-2006, 9:35 AM
Hi, sorry for replying to such an old topic but i have a couple of questions about this mod.

First of all i went there after my first planet, i was level 14 and most of my party were level 12. Suffice to say i got demolished by Zax and his crew though i did manage to take down 2 of them. Their loot contained 2 very powerful vibroblades that almost doubles my melee equipped characters damage.

Just wondering if this mod is balanced for a normal game or should it be used with this hardcore mod i have read about. It just seemed to me that by using these items i would be overpowering my characters.

Also by visiting ORD Mandell does that add to the number of planets you have visited. If i remember correctly the Yavin stations inventory changes after you have been to a certain number of planets, just wondering if ORD Mandell contributes to this, unless i am mistaken (could be the maps that trigger new inventory i cant remember)
 RedHawke
03-12-2006, 1:04 PM
First of all i went there after my first planet, i was level 14 and most of my party were level 12. Suffice to say i got demolished by Zax and his crew though i did manage to take down 2 of them. Their loot contained 2 very powerful vibroblades that almost doubles my melee equipped characters damage.
Yup, the game really changes when you get the really nice equipment in the game used on your party for a change huh? :D

Just wondering if this mod is balanced for a normal game or should it be used with this hardcore mod i have read about. It just seemed to me that by using these items i would be overpowering my characters.
Read my response a couple posts up about the difficulty of this mod... Post #108

If you add the Hardcore Mod to your game you will increase the difficulty of the game so if you find it very nasty now... well, it'll become worse. :D

Also by visiting ORD Mandell does that add to the number of planets you have visited. If i remember correctly the Yavin stations inventory changes after you have been to a certain number of planets, just wondering if ORD Mandell contributes to this, unless i am mistaken (could be the maps that trigger new inventory i cant remember)
No, this mod doesn't count against certain game progressions like Suvam Tan's invantory, so only the standard game planets will do this. ;)
 krelm
03-13-2006, 6:34 PM
Yup, the game really changes when you get the really nice equipment in the game used on your party for a change huh? :D

Read my response a couple posts up about the difficulty of this mod... Post #108

If you add the Hardcore Mod to your game you will increase the difficulty of the game so if you find it very nasty now... well, it'll become worse. :D

No, this mod doesn't count against certain game progressions like Suvam Tan's invantory, so only the standard game planets will do this. ;)

Thanks for the info.

I returned to ORD Mandell later on at level 17 and i still got whooped by Zax hehe, he is one tough mother. Though i have yet to kit myself out with some of the better items you can buy so im sure that will help. Once/if ive managed to beat the area ill come back and post what i thought about it, but i think its safe to say this mod rocks! Nice work.
 RedHawke
07-16-2006, 5:48 AM
Mod Update, Version 1.2 Available: I was browsing some of my old Backup CD's seeing what mods I have for any possible PCGameMods Rescue Effort and I found some work that Kaspian did for ORD Mandell in enabling the Rapid Transit System, around the time he wrote up a tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=140253) for this, I thought this zip was one of the things I lost when I switched PC's.

So I have repacked the mod with his changes he sent me, long ago. It worked wonderfully in my test run. :)

So with a big thanks to Kaspian... ORD Mandell now has Rapid Transit. Better Late than never eh? :xp:

Also I am currently sketching out a few things to possibly spice up the pre-existing modules and possibly add some of the scrapped content ideas I had back into this mod... a Hutt with some planet-spanning Bounty Contract 'Quests' was one of the things, along with a couple other quests, one for the Rodian Janitor and one for the Twilek Mechanic, and possibly some other surprises.

I'll keep people posted on when, or if, I start this in earnest. Right now it is on the back burner until I get some more free time. ;)
 Arбtoeldar
07-17-2006, 8:36 PM
Very nice RedHawke. The add content sounds sweet.
 Lit Ridl
07-27-2006, 5:16 AM
Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!
I have made changes in dialog.tlk as Red Hawke said (42505 - name, 42511 - description). When I load my Galaxy map I saw clear name and description. What is the problem???
I don't see name and description!
 RedHawke
07-27-2006, 5:23 AM
^^^^
I never got it to work either, so I just gave up and left it blank. :(

I didn't want to release a mod that messed with dialog.tlk anyway. ;)
 Lit Ridl
07-27-2006, 7:38 AM
So, description/name for Live Planet is impossibe???
I have made some planets too, they don't have description/name too.
Strange...
 Kaspian
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm glad it helped you RedHawke :o) Great job

I will look at the planet's description at the evening. I know it is possible to change planet's name for map and load game GUIs with help of *.are file. Edit: I mean orientation map, not the Galaxy map

Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets.
 Lit Ridl
07-27-2006, 1:49 PM
I'm glad it helped you RedHawke :o) Great job

I will look at the planet's description at the evening. I know it is possible to change planet's name for map and load game GUIs with help of *.are file.

Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets.
Wow,wow, wow, wait!!!
Aren't *.are files for module creating? They are, but you said...
And what do you mean under
"Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets"
What does it mean???
Thank you Kaspian for going to help!:)
 Kaspian
07-27-2006, 2:30 PM
Yes they are. You can load *.are file of your module into GFF Editor and find entry NAME [CExoLocString], make it blank by changeing its STRREF to -1 (no reference to dialog.tlk). Then move cursor into Language ID input filed, left click in it and hit enter. You should be able to write there now. String syntax is Planet - Location. After all the name will state = 1 strings. Save GFF and test it.

On map GUI (press M in game?) should be Planet - Location. On Load Game GUI should be Planet in the upper field and Location in the lower one.

I am curious if something similar could be done to planetary 2da (unlink reference to dialog.tlk and write the planet's name and description somewhere else).

For now, there is only 1 new planet accessible via the Star Map. If we get to more than three, a new computer, similar to what's in the Leviathan could be installed in the Ebon Hawk :D ...the installation could even be inserted in the storyline: you ask a mechanic, like the guy on Korriban, to install a new travel system in the Ebon Hawk :p
 stoffe
07-27-2006, 5:36 PM
I am curious if something similar could be done to planetary 2da (unlink reference to dialog.tlk and write the planet's name and description somewhere else).

Probably not, unfortunately. As far as I know 2DA files only contain simple string constants which are expected to represent data of a particular type. The "name" and "description" fields expect StrRef values only.

There is no way of specifying Localized string data, like the GFF ExoLocStrings, in 2DA files (since dialog.tlk is used for game-wide localization anyway).
 Kaspian
07-27-2006, 9:42 PM
I have made changes in dialog.tlk as Red Hawke said (42505 - name, 42511 - description). When I load my Galaxy map I saw clear name and description. What is the problem??? I don't see name and description!

I tried to fill those lines in dialog.tlk and it worked (thanks to stoffe -mkb- and her TalkEd). Make sure "Text present" flag is checked. In KotORTLK it is "Has Text".

There is no way of specifying Localized string data, like the GFF ExoLocStrings, in 2DA files (since dialog.tlk is used for game-wide localization anyway).

You are right. As long as is planetary.2da involved is dialog.tlk only way to go.
Well, it's after 2 AM here, and only good thing I found is how to change some GUI buttons (http://kaspian.fotopic.net/p32134493.html) and how to move planets on the galaxy map
 Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 3:25 AM
Oh! The second Kaspian's reply was very useful! I haven't checked it. That is the problem...
About the First reply - I though that you mean .are files are connected with Galaxy map, how to name module, I know...
But great thanks for the second reply!!!
 Kaspian
07-28-2006, 4:50 AM
I'm sorry I confused you Lit Ridl. Next time I have to theorize less.
 Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 4:55 AM
It's Ok.
Will planet work if I will add new row to planetary.2da, and edit a little k_pebn_galaxy???
 Kaspian
07-28-2006, 5:09 AM
I tried and it didn't work for me. Added entries to planetary.2da, k_pebn_galaxy and galaxymap.gui and no new planet showed up. It is probably hardcoded. One time I have been searching for LivePlanet 6. It's in 2da, but not in the *.gui file. I duplicated all entries for LivePlanet 5 and modified them to suit number 6. But six refused to appear.
 Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 6:25 AM
Thank you Kaspian!!!
You're really useful!!!
Do you modify .gui files in HEX editor?
So, there is no way to have the sixth planet???
 Kaspian
07-28-2006, 8:01 AM
I modify them using any GFF editor (Bioware's or tk102's KGFF).

So, there is no way to have the sixth planet??? What I know, there is no way how to have it on the Galaxy map.

If planet=module then use StartNewModule?
 Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 9:40 AM
Thanks again, you're real professional!!!
You said something about starting new module, It is described by "k_sup_gohawk.nss".
 Ghost Down
07-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Im sure we could have it on the Galaxy map by replacing an excisting planet like Korriban or so..

- Ghost Down
 Kaspian
07-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Good idea Ghost Down. I suggest replacing Taris, because its presence on GM is useless regarding storyline and Sith bombardment.
We should start a new thread for this.
 RedHawke
07-29-2006, 2:20 AM
Well I have gotten the text to work on my end finally with stoffe's Talk Ed, so if I do release another update I will use stoffe's patcher to edit the 2 dialog.tlk lines so the planet will have text. ;)
 Pavlos
07-29-2006, 5:37 AM
Well I have gotten the text to work on my end finally with stoffe's Talk Ed, so if I do release another update I will use stoffe's patcher to edit the 2 dialog.tlk lines so the planet will have text. ;)

Allow me to say "Oooh."

Seeing as how when you released this mod the first time I was a lurker I'll congratulate you now :). Well done - what a fun mod. :thmbup1:
 sluggard
08-27-2006, 4:48 PM
RedHawke,

Thank you for all your hard work on the ORD Mandell mod. I installed this mod some months ago, and played this mod completely with no problems. But just recently, I began a new game and tried to play the ORD Mandell mod again. Everything worked fine except until when I got to the secret place inside the cave. At this spot, I'm now getting a message that I can't proceed to where I know I'm suppose to go. I've checked both the override and the module folders to make sure eveything is in its proper place, and all appears well. I'm not sure if any mods I've added since this is a conflict. I would like to enter this secret place again, and if you are aware of any problem that might be prohibiting this, I would be grateful for any assistance you might be able to offer.
 RedHawke
08-28-2006, 2:13 AM
sluggard,

There is no 'secret place' it is an error in the readme file... something I intended to do but didn't. ;)

What part of the mod are you referring to?
The back cave with the Mandalorians?
 Emperor Devon
08-28-2006, 2:22 AM
There is no 'secret place' it is an error in the readme file... something I intended to do but didn't. ;)

I've been wondering that for a while... Is there any reason you wanted to include it but didn't? I doubt you had a release date.

My free time period I had to make the mod came to an end. -RH
 sluggard
08-28-2006, 4:14 AM
sluggard,

What part of the mod are you referring to?
The back cave with the Mandalorians?
Actually I called it the "secret place" because I didn't want to give it away. Being new to the forum I don't know how to hide spoilers. But it is the spot in back of the Rancor "Happy." When I try to continue in the cave after killing "Happy," I can't. I remember before that there was where I encountered all those Mandalorians (not counting the three on the way). But now, when I try to proceed, I get this message that reads "This cave leads to the inhospitable surface of the planet. There is nothing for you to see there." BTW, I talked to all the right guys to spawn this quest, at least I think I have.

Thanks
 RedHawke
08-28-2006, 7:31 AM
It must be another mods file messing with that... check your override for the following file k34_trg_passage.dlg if present delete it from your override. ;)
 sluggard
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
It must be another mods file messing with that... check your override for the following file k34_trg_passage.dlg if present delete it from your override. ;)
You're brilliant RedHawke, that worked! Many thanks. Again, thank you for all your work on this and other mods!
 Aayla Offee
08-28-2006, 6:06 PM
I put everything in Override and everything- but I can' access the planet....
 RedHawke
08-29-2006, 12:59 AM
I put everything in Override and everything- but I can' access the planet....
This isn't enough information for me to be able to offer you help. Please clairify.
 Emperor Devon
08-29-2006, 1:12 AM
Although this isn't related to your ability to access the planet, Aayla, you said you put all of the files into override. Did you put the .mod files into modules? Because it'll do you no good to select the planet when the modules for it don't exist.
 kendawgwv
01-16-2007, 1:46 AM
Okay... you've heard it over a hundred times now... but awesome mod! Just downloaded and installed it (havent finished it yet - but I will). Of the 3 I've tried so far it is my fav! On a side note - don't recall whose it was, but the mod that puts the Crystal Cave on Korriban also ads the K34_trg_passage.dlg file into override. Instead of disallowing you to proceed though it puts you in the Korriban version of the Crystal cave - and when you exit you are back on Korriban. I deleted it. Just wanted to add that incase any other newbies (such as myself) have that problem. Again, thanks for the wonderful mod - so far I love everything of yours I've tried!
 LordHoban
01-17-2007, 1:58 AM
Certainly the biggest mod I've come across in terms of 'new' levels and quests, I just wish there were a couple more quests squeezed in there. Other than that, very good work... but...

Possible spoilers (though I just talk about the enemies)
It must have been the hard mod that I also had on the game, because the Mandalorians and the scum crew I found insanely difficult. They resisted force powers like crazy and kept knocking me down to one team member (and then I ran around and basically dealt with them one on one). With the Mandalorians, though, I was able to use the replicator force power and Darth Revan Shield bracer (that unlimited shield mod). I'm just wondering if that difficulty is normal or could it have been caused by the Hard mod?
 Aurora Starfire
01-17-2007, 2:02 PM
I think it's normal. Getting knocked down to one character happens to me almost every time.
 LordHoban
01-17-2007, 9:49 PM
The really bad thing about that is you can't run away without your party through the exit for recouping.

Also, I had an idea, though I'm aware it is much too late to do anything about it now... but in the future (for a newer mod), it might be cooler if the scum crew were found at different places (maybe causing trouble throughout the base), and you had the option to get less experience if you could persuade some of them to leave on their own. You know, alternatives to fighting, it's the Jedi way. Just an idea to expand the options for a future mod and allow you to fight them in different areas.
 RedHawke
01-17-2007, 10:37 PM
As I have stated numerous times that I had a few other things I wanted to do to this mod, it is becoming highly unlikely I will re-visit this mod anytime in the future, sorry folks.

As to splitting up the Merc Crew, that makes no sense to me as a 'bully' always has an entourage. The persuade option was out because they were not going down without a fight.

This mod is as hard as it is because of all the 'whining' about the game being too 'easy', I simply showed people that it indeed could be very tough, giving NPC's the proper equipment, etc. My 'mistake' was making it lootable, but my belief is if you fought it in combat you have every right to have it afterward. (An AD&D Paladin I have has a rather large collection of +5 Unholy Reavers, for example.)

Just my random thoughts. ;)
 LordHoban
01-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Well, I didn't mean split up the entire crew. Obviously, the main guy will always have a few of his posse on hand, but to further bully people around, he could have sent the wookie and one other (maybe the protocol droid, wouldn't that be a funny duo?) to go cause trouble somewhere, continue his reign of terror... and no one in their right mind messes with a wookie... well, no one except a jedi, maybe. Maybe one of their weaker members who is full of himself, and thinks no one will mess with him since he runs with the mercs, can be found alone somewhere. Or one of the crew could be having a drink at the bar.

Like I said, I realize that it would be too late to make any changes for this mod, but for these ideas to be kept in mind for any future mod as a way of opening up possabilities, especially when characters are this tough to deal with.

I think after I figured out a way of actually doing some kind of consistent damage to the Mandalorians, it became fun... but before that, I just ended up throwing grenades, shield, heal, repeat (and the grenades weren't even doing that much damage, so it took forever). I think if a balance can be achieved in having enemies be hard, but not making it so much that it feels like I'm inching forward through it, where it feels like I can actually use my powers for effect, then it becomes fun.

I think the difficulty level of this mod for being just this mod, is fine, but I wouldn't want to keep playing anymore mods like this. Difficult and challanging, yes. Insane? No. Part of the fun of being a Jedi for me is being able to use force powers and a lightsaber to slice enemies up (after several flurry attempts at no damage, it kind of gets discouraging).

Anyway, I appreciate the mod and what it brings to the table... I'm just offering feedback.
 RedHawke
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I didn't mean split up the entire crew. Obviously, the main guy will always have a few of his posse on hand, but to further bully people around, he could have sent the wookie and one other (maybe the protocol droid, wouldn't that be a funny duo?) to go cause trouble somewhere, continue his reign of terror... and no one in their right mind messes with a wookie... well, no one except a jedi, maybe. Maybe one of their weaker members who is full of himself, and thinks no one will mess with him since he runs with the mercs, can be found alone somewhere. Or one of the crew could be having a drink at the bar.
Is something like this possible? Yes... at the time I did the mod? No, it would have added a few more weeks worth of work.

Just some info for the masses, at the time this mod was made was well before we had the knowledge we have of the games scripting system, and we have since had a bonafide NWN scripting guru (stoffe -mkb-) show up around here. Stoffe -mkb- does things with scripts I never could have imagined possible.

Also KotOR Tool had no module editor, all this was done by hand with a GFF Editor, only some parts were able to be made with KT, every placeable and NPC you see had to be placed there manually, it wasn't a fast or pleasurable process.

I think the difficulty level of this mod for being just this mod, is fine, but I wouldn't want to keep playing anymore mods like this. Difficult and challanging, yes. Insane? No. Part of the fun of being a Jedi for me is being able to use force powers and a lightsaber to slice enemies up (after several flurry attempts at no damage, it kind of gets discouraging).
Please remember you are using another mod (Hardcore Mod) that increases the difficulty of the game... you can hardly comment on my mods difficulty here, try it without that mod installed then we can talk. ;)

See when I designed this mod I didn't have that one really in-mind as I mod an unmodded game whilst tinkering. (I have played this mod with the Hard-Core mod installed only a couple of times, and I had my full Revan item pack 'kit' on as well as my NPC's using their equipment I made for them and the fights while tougher were survivable, but I did take note of the feedback and it was quite scary with that mod installed.)
Page: 3 of 5