Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)

Page: 126 of 133
 leXX
04-07-2010, 8:52 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/8xo504.jpg) http://i40.tinypic.com/k9z405.jpg)

Dude, you just earned +1 cool.

On Monday, we went bowling, then Game store, then we saw How to Train Your Dragon 3D, which is really, really, really good. Go see it.

From Game I got an amazing deal. Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Metallica and 2 guitars for £60. I used £50 of vouchers (my husband got for free from work), and so paid £10 for the lot. I've already put Metallica on Ebay, so by the time it sells I will be in profit. With the proceeds I'll be getting either Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band 2, haven't decided yet. I also got Ghostbusters on sale.

http://muxedmedia.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/guitar-hero-world-tour.jpg)

http://www.christian-gaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ghostbusters-the-video-game-xbox-360-box.jpg)
 BongoBob
04-07-2010, 1:59 PM
With the proceeds I'll be getting either Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band 2, haven't decided yet.

*smack*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Rb2-box.JPG)

There is no decision to be made here.
 edlib
04-07-2010, 2:21 PM
I have World Tour and both Rock Bands if you ever want to jam out. I only have a guitar controller, though.

(Though, with the Atlantic Ocean between us, the time difference might be difficult to get around...)
 IG-64
04-07-2010, 2:54 PM
*smack*

^this

How to Train Your Dragon 3D
^also this

I actually went to see the 2D version, so now I'm planning on seeing the 3D version to compare - something I haven't done with a movie yet.
 MrWally
04-07-2010, 4:52 PM
How to Train Your Dragon was absolutely brilliant.

I recommend it to EVERYONE. It was the movie I always wanted as a child. Coincidientally, I get the feeling that teenage girls will like it just as much, if not more, than the adolescent boy in all of us that it tries to appeal to. The entire movie is one big "D'AWWWWWWWW" moment.

Oh, and I saw it in 2D on recommendation, but the guy who told me this generally hates 3D no matter what. Has anyone seen both to comment?
 TiE23
04-07-2010, 8:23 PM
*smack*

^that

Seriously...

Edit:

Aunt left to fly back to London. Left me with this parting gift, two Star Wars pillow cases. I'll use one and probably give the other to my brother. :V

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx358/zerstorer23/pillow.jpg)
 leXX
04-10-2010, 4:07 PM
Okay, okay lol, I think I got the message. I'll be getting Rock Band 2. ;)

Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made. I was so disappointed when it ended, I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray instantly. Prof. Brian Cox is my new favourite presenter (even though I already knew him from his appearances on The Sky at Night). He is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, and the passion shines through, he is awesome. I strongly recommend everyone watch it if they get the chance.

http://images.play.com/covers/13705742x.jpg)
 BongoBob
04-12-2010, 12:11 AM
HOLY F***ING F*** MONSTERS WE JUST FOUND OUR PRICELESS SHIH-TZU THAT HAS BEEN GONE FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

EDIT: Alright, here's the whole story.

Two weeks ago, on the 27th, my uncle brought his truck and car trailer over to help us move all the furniture. Before he got here, I left to take my mom lunch at the Petsmart she works at, and I talked with her during her lunch over what our plan was for the next week as we moved everything. When I got back they already had half the stuff on the trailer and my dads truck partially full, so I immediately jumped in to help. About an hour later, I saw our cat Izzy dart out from under some chairs when I went to move them, and immediately went "Howd Izzy get out?" She got out because my dad never locked her or our dog Braeden in the bathroom while we had the door and gate open. So at this point he had been gone for like 2+ hours. We canvased the neighborhoods and all surrounding neighborhoods for the next 2 hours, before I had to go pick my mom up from work. It was the worst 15 minute drive of my life, because while he was near and dear to all of us, he was specifically her baby. The next day I made a flyer and went and got it copied and started hanging them all around the neighborhoods, but it was extremely hard to actively search for him when we were (at the time) supposed to be out of that place in the next 3 days. I had given up all hope, but my mom hadn't. She has cried at least once every day since.

We just got the keys to our new place yesterday, and slept there last night. Today after I picked my mom up from work and got home, we all went to Lowes to get ant killer for a gigantic anthill in the new backyard and airfilters. My mom and dad took forever picking a bug killer (which I very loudly and constantly pointed out). On the way back, we turned onto our old places street, I noticed the crackho lookin lady on the sidewalk that was talking to a guy on a bike with 2 teeth had a dog in her purse, and it was really dark but it looked the right size, so I mouthed out "Turn around..." My parents went "Why?" To which I loudly and quickly responded "THAT LADY HAD A BRAEDEN SIZED DOG IN HER PURSE TURN THE **** AROUND!" My dad flipped a uturn faster than I've ever seen him, and we drove up and immediately recognized him as Braeden. He didn't have his collar on, turns out she found him 2 days ago on the street north of our old place sans collar. From what we can tell, someone did pick him up that first day and took his collar off intending to keep him as their own (as we had thought), but then got out. We immediately gave her all the cash we had and promised her that the next time we breed him with my aunts shih-tzu we'd bring her back a puppy of her own.

I'm still f***ing shaking, this is a god damn Disney f***ing miracle.
 acdcfanbill
04-12-2010, 12:49 AM
HOLY F***ING F*** MONSTERS WE JUST FOUND OUR PRICELESS SHIH-TZU THAT HAS BEEN GONE FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

wow, (s)he just rolled in, back from Vegas, all hungover and broke? or what :p
 TiE23
04-12-2010, 3:55 AM
Damn crackho's, selling everything they've got... including your dog.

Congrats dude. Yo dog is back! : D
 jon_hill987
04-12-2010, 5:29 AM
Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made. I was so disappointed when it ended, I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray instantly. Prof. Brian Cox is my new favourite presenter (even though I already knew him from his appearances on The Sky at Night). He is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, and the passion shines through, he is awesome. I strongly recommend everyone watch it if they get the chance.

It was a brilliant series wasn't it. He also presented a few episodes of Horizon that are well worth trying to find a way to watch if you missed them.
 IG-64
04-12-2010, 8:54 PM
Got this through the door today. Absolutely THE best BBC documentary series ever made.
It's hard to beat the raw awesomeness that was Planet Earth.
I just watched the first episode of Wonders of the Solar System online and it is pretty great though. I'm really interested in the 3D visualizations of things they did. I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it (I have Planet Earth, the British version) but BBC shop doesn't ship to America. :indif:
Only the BBCA store does, which doesn't have it.

At least the narrator actually appears on screen in this one, so they can't dub it over with Tom Cruise or something when they bring it here. ¬_¬
 Arcesious
04-12-2010, 9:17 PM
-Land O Lakes Chocolate milk
-Rainbow Sherbert Ice Cream
-Lansky's Pizza
-Schlotskys Original Sandwiches
-Dark Chocolate
-Chocolate Ice Cream
-Skittles
-Three Musketeers Candy
-Frosted Mini-Wheats Cereal

In general, delicious foods are very good things.
 leXX
04-12-2010, 9:19 PM
It's hard to beat the raw awesomeness that was Planet Earth.
I just watched the first episode of Wonders of the Solar System online and it is pretty great though. I'm really interested in the 3D visualizations of things they did. I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it (I have Planet Earth, the British version) but BBC shop doesn't ship to America. :indif:
Only the BBCA store does, which doesn't have it.

At least the narrator actually appears on screen in this one, so they can't dub it over with Tom Cruise or something when they bring it here. ¬_¬

Yeah, I heard they dub over Attenborough's voice in most of the BBC documentary's over there, which I find absolutely outrageous. I mean seriously, why? He is the best narrator there has ever been, and noone does a better job than him.

I have Planet Earth on Blu-Ray too btw, and while it IS absolutely amazing, for me Wonders of the Solar System beats it purely because of my love of astronomy, and so far this series has done the best job of presenting it in all it's magnificent glory. ;)

Edit: If you really can't get the Blu-Ray anywhere, I'll be happy to send it to you. I'm sure we can sort something out with Paypal.
 IG-64
04-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes, they used Sigourney Weaver for Planet Earth and Oprah Winfrey for Life, and neither of them did nearly as good a job. I know I don't need an Americanized version of something for it to be fit for viewing... it's actually kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, if anyone wants Wonders, I believe you can get it here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonders-Solar-System-Blu-ray/dp/B00395ATPO) as it seems Amazon.co.uk ships movies to just about anywhere. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=524836#books) I believe I will be devoting some of my steadily-dwindling funds towards it [Edit: order placed :D]. Thanks for the offer though, leXX.

Also, "Universal" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_the_Solar_System_%28TV_series%29#New_Se) ries) should be fantastic.
 GTA:SWcity
04-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Just got done sealing and lacquering some framing...finally my parents' home improvement is coming to a close...it started in '03 and ran out of money. It only took 7 years and a whole lot of DIY on the side. :p
 RoxStar
04-13-2010, 1:05 AM
Yes, they used Sigourney Weaver for Planet Earth and Oprah Winfrey for Life, and neither of them did nearly as good a job. I know I don't need an Americanized version of something for it to be fit for viewing... it's actually kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, if anyone wants Wonders, I believe you can get it here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonders-Solar-System-Blu-ray/dp/B00395ATPO) as it seems Amazon.co.uk ships movies to just about anywhere. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=524836#books) I believe I will be devoting some of my steadily-dwindling funds towards it [Edit: order placed :D]. Thanks for the offer though, leXX

Aren't they region coded for Europe though?
 IG-64
04-13-2010, 1:50 AM
Aren't they region coded for Europe though?
Uhh... didn't think about that. I guess I'll find out. :o

edit: Play.com says it's region B. Think I should cancel? This is such BS. X|

edit edit: "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Fantastic.
 TiE23
04-13-2010, 3:26 AM
My 360 red-ringed about a week ago. The towel trick worked, but on Friday it died again. I did a strange 3 or 4 minute long towel trick and got it working again, but I knew the time was up. So, I had two options:

Pay $99, get a box, pay for shipping, and wait 3-4 weeks to get my 360 back.
-or-
Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

So yeah, I got a new 360 Arcade. The white disc tray looks cool, you know, as a change of the ordinary. Only problem I have now is that the thing has internal memory built-in. Which now always shows that I have more than one storage device... and while I've only played one game so far, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be asked to select my storage device... all the time. A real stupid thing that seems like it can be avoided.

Oh, and I tore apart my 360 and ended up running it without it's case (it's not dead ATM, actually). Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.
 leXX
04-13-2010, 7:22 AM
Uhh... didn't think about that. I guess I'll find out. :o

edit: Play.com says it's region B. Think I should cancel? This is such BS. X|

edit edit: "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Fantastic.

Isn't there a way to region unlock your PS3? (I'm presuming that's what you're playing them on)
 IG-64
04-13-2010, 7:37 AM
Isn't there a way to region unlock your PS3? (I'm presuming that's what you're playing them on)
Apparently there's no sure-fire way of doing that yet, so I'll probably just keep it in the plastic and send it back for a refund, then download the rest of them until they're released here. They make it so hard to give them money.
 leXX
04-13-2010, 7:42 AM
Apparently there's no sure-fire way of doing that yet, so I'll probably just keep it in the plastic and send it back for a refund, then download the rest of them until they're released here. They make it so hard to give them money.

So true. I guess patience is the key then. It will be released over there eventually, and like you say, at least they can't ruin it with over dubbing this time. It is definately worth the wait.
 Darth Groovy
04-14-2010, 3:46 AM
 txa1265
04-14-2010, 7:28 AM
 Pho3nix
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
I feel like I have to listen to that album simply because the album cover is ****ing awesome
 Dath Maximus
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I GOT A TRIBBLE BITCHES!!!
04-15-2010, 8:57 PM
My 360 red-ringed about a week ago. The towel trick worked, but on Friday it died again. I did a strange 3 or 4 minute long towel trick and got it working again, but I knew the time was up. So, I had two options:

-or-
Pay $199, get a new HDMI equipped Arcade 360 with a Jasper chipset and fans that don't sound as much like a leaf blower, and get a new $50 wireless controller with it. Also, it'll only take an hour to get.

So yeah, I got a new 360 Arcade. The white disc tray looks cool, you know, as a change of the ordinary. Only problem I have now is that the thing has internal memory built-in. Which now always shows that I have more than one storage device... and while I've only played one game so far, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be asked to select my storage device... all the time. A real stupid thing that seems like it can be avoided.

Oh, and I tore apart my 360 and ended up running it without it's case (it's not dead ATM, actually). Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

Which generation (dead unit) do you have? I think mine is either the first or second. Sorta doing the same right now with my dead 360. Same deal--not completely dead.
 Anthony
04-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Looking inside... yeah, the heatsink had dust completely covering one side, which cut down the air flow to the CPU by I would guess at least 80%.

Arr, this be the reason everybody who owns a console/computer/anything with a fan/heatsink buy a can of compressed air or find some way to dust those ****ers every month.
 RoxStar
04-16-2010, 1:10 AM
M

-or-

Being a seasoned red ringer I can tell you that if you print your own label, shipping is free. It also only took 10 days to my second 360 back. The HDMI unit is nice, wireless controllers usually only end up running me about 40 USD. But if you really wanted to use it now, I can see how a few weeks could be worth 100 dollars, easily.
 TiE23
04-16-2010, 1:08 PM
Being a seasoned red ringer I can tell you that if you print your own label, shipping is free. It also only took 10 days to my second 360 back. The HDMI unit is nice, wireless controllers usually only end up running me about 40 USD. But if you really wanted to use it now, I can see how a few weeks could be worth 100 dollars, easily.
Well, now I don't have a 360 that sounds like a belt sander when it's running. So that's good. I've got a fresh new controller. And I made a contract with my sister for her to help me pay for some of it (she plays it a few days a week). :P

Arr, this be the reason everybody who owns a console/computer/anything with a fan/heatsink buy a can of compressed air or find some way to dust those ****ers every month.

I've gone through the back vents a couple of times with some compressed air, but the area that was effected was essentially unreachable, as far as I could tell.
 jon_hill987
04-24-2010, 7:14 AM
I have discovered that combining surfing the net, listening to the radio and consumption of alcohol can cause you to go to Amazon.co.uk with unexpected results...

http://fashionducolor.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/lady_gaga_the_fame_monster_cover_art.jpg) (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fame-Monster-Lady-Gaga/dp/B002T44EOS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272103319&sr=8-3)

Please don't judge me.
 ChAiNz.2da
04-24-2010, 8:37 AM
I have discovered that combining surfing the net, listening to the radio and consumption of alcohol can cause you to go to Amazon.co.uk with unexpected results...

Please don't judge me.

I won't tell, if you won't :o

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/Music/GaGa.jpg)
 acdcfanbill
04-24-2010, 11:25 AM
:¬: there's judging going on...

also, it looks like her style on that cover, was stolen from chiana :p
 MrWally
04-24-2010, 1:57 PM
I have every Lady Gaga song on my zune...

>.>
 Rogue Nine
04-24-2010, 2:21 PM
you are all terrible people and should be ashamed of yourselves

On-topic: Recently took advantage of GameStop's 50% off sale and picked up copies of:

Pure - ATV racing game, really freaking hard
Prototype - sandbox superhero(villain?) game, haven't really gotten that far in it cuz the main character is kind of a douche
Sonic's Ultimate Game Collection - Biggest nostalgia trip ever, with a whole slew of old Sega games that I was absolutely hooked on when I was younger
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - Very polished 2D fighting game with a ****-ton of flashing lights and bells and whistles, should tide me over until Super Street Fighter IV

I also got Final Fantasy XIII and am about 10 hours into it. It's the ultimate experience in linearity so far, I don't think I can wipe my ass without the game giving me a tutorial on it. Hoping it gets better soon.
 Rogue15
04-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, now I don't have a 360 that sounds like a belt sander when it's running. So that's good. I've got a fresh new controller. And I made a contract with my sister for her to help me pay for some of it (she plays it a few days a week). :P

I've gone through the back vents a couple of times with some compressed air, but the area that was effected was essentially unreachable, as far as I could tell.

dude isnt that the 2nd xbox you've gone through that problem with the red ring? mine went on me in september, but it was under warranty, it's not anymore. i want the hdmi equipped one now cause i got a 42" hdtv...

I got Bad Company 2 recently, not sure if you're on my friends list though. im on at odd times though....lol
 TiE23
04-25-2010, 5:43 PM
dude isnt that the 2nd xbox you've gone through that problem with the red ring? mine went on me in september, but it was under warranty, it's not anymore. i want the hdmi equipped one now cause i got a 42" hdtv...

I got Bad Company 2 recently, not sure if you're on my friends list though. im on at odd times though....lol

Bought my 360 in June 2006.

RROD'd on me in March 2008 I believe...

RROD'd to again just a few weeks ago.

So, it was my second RROD on my first 360.

Also, yeah. Add me, Zerstorer23, I'm always playing.
 Mike Windu
04-25-2010, 5:47 PM
04-25-2010, 5:58 PM
@jon_hill987: Hey, as even a part time DJMC, well I gotta play a variety which includes what is currently in vogue aside from requests.....if I am to keep clients pretty happy and myself in business.

BTW I have that very album in my lineup of mixes.

>.>
<.<
 leXX
04-27-2010, 8:34 AM
<- Has The Fame Monster on her iPhone. <.<

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51iMTAZd5iL._SS500_.jpg)

Usher - Raymond V Raymond
Armin Van Buuren - A State of Trance 2010
Plan B - The Defamation Of Strickland Banks
Yoko Kanno - Darker Than Black OST
Hybrid - Disappear Hear
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two
Hed Kandi - World Series Tokyo
 BongoBob
04-27-2010, 4:06 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ba653B6ZL._SS500_.jpg)

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for PC

I already owned Fallout 3 on PC, but never got any of the DLC, and a used copy of this was the same cost as all the DLC seperate. Turns out the DLC is on the second disk and is installed completely seperate from the game itself. So I gave the other disk to my friend and kept my old one.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-28-2010, 4:37 AM
my friend and i went on a quest today and found too much treasure and we were forced to smoke our horde down to a more reasonable size like the chillest dragons ever cleaning out our badass volcano lair
 Hermie
04-28-2010, 1:59 PM
Just got back from seeing Iron Man 2. I liked it a lot, it had fun set-pieces, balls-to-the-wall action, funny dialouge, and plenty of charm, primarily provided by RDJ. Almost outshining him was Rockwell, though, who goes all out with his crazy I-think-I'm-loveable-but-actually-I-come-off-as-a-douche persona. Rourke did a competent job as Whiplash, but the role doesn't demand much. The female leads were kinda stiff, but L. Jackson was being L. Jackson to the fullest.

There were plenty of nerdy shout-outs, and my even-geekier-than-me friend ended up squealing several times, especially at the after-credit scene. Overall it's not as strong as the first one, but I love that movie a whole lot. If you like Iron Man, you should see this film.
 Dath Maximus
04-28-2010, 2:33 PM
my marriage license came in the mail, the wedding is in just over 2 weeks
 BongoBob
04-28-2010, 2:49 PM
I still havn't seen Iron Man, I really should one of these days...

Awesome news Dath! Can't wait for you to post some pics of said wedding in a few weeks :D
 Dath Maximus
04-29-2010, 1:35 AM
i also got promoted at work today, im now a TLE Support Supervisor
 BongoBob
04-29-2010, 2:16 AM
F*** YES MY COHEED CD AND BOOK GOT HERE, READING TIME IS NOW!
 leXX
04-29-2010, 6:14 AM
my marriage license came in the mail, the wedding is in just over 2 weeks

i also got promoted at work today, im now a TLE Support Supervisor

Awesome, congrats all round. :)

My sister lent me The Tudors Seasons 1-3, and after staying up until the early hours every morning for a few day watching it, I'm completely addicted. Such a fantastic series, the acting is top notch and the settings and costumes are amazing. I'm currently downloading Series 4 as they come out. Love it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51x8wCHJYUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)

So, now that I'm addicted to everything Tudor, I ordered a book from Amazon which arrived yesterday, and it's wonderful. It describes everything that happened year by year, and there are portraits and documents and photos of artifacts on every page. I highly recommended the series and book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tudor-Chronicles-Quercus/dp/184724422X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272532439&sr=1-2) if you like 16th Century English History.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Bpasb7WcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
 leXX
04-30-2010, 4:43 AM
What I consider to be the best 'detective' series ever made:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M6EN0CPVL._SS500_.jpg)

And of course...

http://images.play.com/covers/11089484x.jpg)
 jon_hill987
04-30-2010, 5:54 AM
What I consider to be the best 'detective' series ever made:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M6EN0CPVL._SS500_.jpg)

I bought that just before they announced another Christmas special for 2008... :(
Page: 126 of 133