Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very good things! *keep it clean* (big images)

Page: 128 of 133
 Agent_Katarn00
05-18-2010, 6:23 PM
My new machine:
http://www.pclaunches.com/entry_images/0110/08/alienware_m11x-gaming-laptop.jpg)
An Alienware M11x!
Ram (Memory) : 4GB
Hard Drive Space: 120 GB (not a lot)
Intel Core 2 Duo
720p HD Monitor!
 TiE23
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx358/zerstorer23/rdr_coverart_xbox360.jpg)

It's gooood. Like, seriously good. If you didn't have plans to touch it for a few months or "meh, I'll get it used when it's cheap", **** that, this game is big news and you should be digging change from the couch cushions to get this.

Vastly polished GTA4 gameplay. Great characters, great cutscenes, great writing, great voice acting, great story (all so far, I'm about 6 very solid hours in). The random encounters are fun. The graphics look great, and the world is absolutely chocked full of detail, easily the most realistic looking world in any game ever. Walking around ghost towns has a realistic atmosphere that makes a run at STALKER's trophy in that department. So yeah, vastly improved open-world gameplay from GTA4 + The exploration wonder and horses of Shadow of the Colossus + the atmosphere and lighting of STALKER.

Horses handle and look great, they're not as realistic feeling as Agro, but are less fussy to steer. The euphoria physics look even better than GTA4, gun fights are awesome. Stage coaches rock with realism. You can catch rides on trains. Hunt animals. Play mini games. Or just do random crap like shooting everyone at the saloon and making a getaway with a hogtied victim on your horse.

And I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

Seriously, at the time of writing this game has an average 96 rating (http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=&cat=0&year=0&numrev=1&sort=0&letter=&search=). Making it the 4th best reviewed game of all time (according to this site, with these reviews, blah blah blah) With Ocarina of Time (the defacto "best game evar"), Mario Galaxy (over rated IMO), and Grand Theft Auto IV as first, second, and third.

Also, Bonnie's father has the biggest ****ing mustache I have ever seen.

This and Mass Effect 2 are going to be fighting over Game of the Year, trust me.
 Samuel Dravis
05-20-2010, 1:10 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/efqqva.jpg) http://i47.tinypic.com/e03bm1.jpg)

Plus, I have gotten the first three collections of Gaiman's The Sandman, which are AWESOME, as well as several more Transmetropolitan collections.

Picked up this the other day, sweet tunes

http://i47.tinypic.com/23vi5cl.jpg) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA)

Games: I got the new Sam and Max season from Telltale and preordered their new game, Puzzle Agent (http://www.telltalegames.com/puzzleagent). Picked up the Humble Indie Bundle (http://www.wolfire.com/humble). Got the Adventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Torchlight, and the Deux Ex bundle on Steam. Trine from Impulse. Went to a show by these Canadians (http://www.myspace.com/thebesnardlakes) last night and they rocked out!

Edit: AND I got promoted at work! A good week indeed, and it's only half over!
 BongoBob
05-20-2010, 2:25 PM
Very Good Thing: Got into the Starcraft II beta

Not So Good Thing: I don't know a thing about Starcraft, and in general suck at RTS games, and it's a multiplayer only beta. I'm going to get my ass handed to me.
 Pho3nix
05-20-2010, 2:40 PM
Another bad thing: The beta will be over in just under two weeks :argh:
Not So Good Thing: I don't know a thing about Starcraft, and in general suck at RTS games, and it's a multiplayer only beta. I'm going to get my ass handed to me.
You can create skirmishes where you play against an AI, sure helped me get a hold of all the different units
 TiE23
05-20-2010, 5:40 PM
Had a weird night playing RDR. Got on a huge streak, gained like 300 honor, made over $200 and gained 20 fame in 30 minutes from side missions. Became an honor hero. Walking to my apartment in Armadillo. Cause I was a hero now, everyone was greeting me, and the gang members in the saloon called me names. So I threw a punch, wanting to get into a bar room brawl, instead they all pulled out their guns and shot me dead as I ran for the exit.

Lost a huge amount of progress, fame, honor, and money (it reloads your save when you die, essentially). Really pissed me off. To make things even worse, I decided to tackle the gang hideout that I did before I died again. Rode in fast, jumped off, talked to a farm hand who was asking for help, camera pans ... my ****ing horse, the golden stallion, gets shot to death during the cutscene... :' ( --- Not only that, the farm hand ends up getting killed in the mission and I never get a reward... and then the horse I get dies on me from exhaustion.

I need to rebuild. A terrible tragedy in the life of John Marston.

My horse... : (
 leXX
05-20-2010, 7:07 PM
So many great CD's this past week:

Naturally 7 - Vocal Play
B.O.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray
Faithless - The Dance
Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives
Kelis - Flesh Tone
Tiesto - Magikal Journey
 Pie™
05-24-2010, 6:33 PM
lol the slipknot bassist died
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-24-2010, 6:41 PM
suffocated by he own mask......
 Pie™
05-24-2010, 6:45 PM
RIP sweet prince ur music will liev on 4eva <3
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-24-2010, 7:04 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-6316-Des-Moines-Rock-Music-Examiner~y2010m5d24-Slipknot-bassist-Paul-Grey-dead-at-38)

Paul Gray, known as #2, or "The Pig" in the self-titled years, the lively bassist from Los Angeles

lmao not anymore
 acdcfanbill
05-25-2010, 3:09 AM
 edlib
05-25-2010, 8:37 AM
Have a very safe and happy Towel Day everybody!

http://towelday.org/)

:joy:
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I like the thread you picked to post this in :)i can't take credit for that, pie was the one who started this whole 'haha the slipknot bassist is dead' shebang.
 Samnmax221
05-26-2010, 2:05 PM
If depression is the steady state of an emo what does it look like when they're mourning?
 Pie™
05-26-2010, 2:50 PM
they kill themself
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-26-2010, 2:54 PM
havent you ever seen runny eyeliner?
 GTA:SWcity
05-26-2010, 6:52 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-6316-Des-Moines-Rock-Music-Examiner~y2010m5d24-Slipknot-bassist-Paul-Grey-dead-at-38)

Oh what the ****?! Paul the bassist of slipknot died? That just pisses me right off. :mad:
 MrWally
05-26-2010, 7:32 PM
I have absolutely no remorse for people who overdose.

Their families? Sure. But even then...

If you ridiculously abuse drugs to the point where you overdose, I'm sorry, but you had it coming.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-26-2010, 8:03 PM
i've never done drugs or dealt with an addiction

i agree
 TiE23
05-26-2010, 8:45 PM
Wait a second, the levels of sarcasm and veiled insults in this thread are making me woozy. Jmac, stop fronting. You laugh at someone's death, but then can't let Wally get away with making an arguably naive comment.
 Pie™
05-26-2010, 10:05 PM
dude youre ruining his high
05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
It just irritates me b/c I liked the music and I have smidge of particular appreciation for bassists having tried it out myself.

Do what you want, it's your life; screw it up or die, it's your fault. I'm not looking down on anyone. Personally turned away from it of my own will. No N.A., no religion. Just simply decided.

that's my 2 cents
 Samnmax221
05-26-2010, 11:33 PM
they kill themself
That would be ideal but they seem to be all talk, I've yet to meet one who actually followed though.
 MrWally
05-27-2010, 4:16 AM
i agree

Of course I've dealt with addiction. Everyone has.

But anyone who gets into drugs knows the risk that they're running. No one "accidentally" starts using drugs*, and anyone who starts taking drugs with the mindset that they won't get addicted is a moron.

Can it be tragic? Yes. But I feel no remorse. That's just who I am.

*Alright, I know there are extreme incidents where this is the case. Like girls caught up in drug trafficking who are forced to take drugs, causing an addiction, so if they ever escape or are freed from the traffickers the withdrawal forces them to come back. Somehow I doubt this is a common occurrence elsewhere.

And for the record, I'm not turning this a "don't do drugs" debate, because that's not the issue. I'm just saying that if someone overdoses, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's just like how I have no remorse when my buddy who deals drugs gets caught, or when someone joins a gang and gets shot, or when a criminal shoplifts and gets caught. They screwed up. Oh well.

If you enter a situation and know full well what the consequences are, but you choose to ignore them...then why should I feel remorse when you suffer the consequences that you were completely aware of? How is this a naive belief?
 Dath Maximus
05-27-2010, 6:54 AM
yo, hippies, enough of the moral opinions of addiction crap, this is a thread about very good things, not a philisophical "i feel this way about addiction" thread, its annoying the dath, he wants to see very good things
 Pho3nix
05-27-2010, 7:48 AM
 Dath Maximus
05-27-2010, 7:59 AM
im playing that game as i type this
 Anthony
05-27-2010, 4:39 PM
I got 4 pounds of cocaine today. I already had 2 pounds of it.

Just kidding. I've almost finished putting in the flooring/trim at the condo im gonna move into come august
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-27-2010, 6:56 PM
Wait a second, the levels of sarcasm and veiled insults in this thread are making me woozy. Jmac, stop fronting. You laugh at someone's death, but then can't let Wally get away with making an arguably naive comment.sometimes the opinions of others have meanings beyond just the words contained within their statements fyi

Of course I've dealt with addiction. Everyone has.

But anyone who gets into drugs knows the risk that they're running. No one "accidentally" starts using drugs*, and anyone who starts taking drugs with the mindset that they won't get addicted is a moron.

Can it be tragic? Yes. But I feel no remorse. That's just who I am.

*Alright, I know there are extreme incidents where this is the case. Like girls caught up in drug trafficking who are forced to take drugs, causing an addiction, so if they ever escape or are freed from the traffickers the withdrawal forces them to come back. Somehow I doubt this is a common occurrence elsewhere.

And for the record, I'm not turning this a "don't do drugs" debate, because that's not the issue. I'm just saying that if someone overdoses, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's just like how I have no remorse when my buddy who deals drugs gets caught, or when someone joins a gang and gets shot, or when a criminal shoplifts and gets caught. They screwed up. Oh well.

If you enter a situation and know full well what the consequences are, but you choose to ignore them...then why should I feel remorse when you suffer the consequences that you were completely aware of? How is this a naive belief?

because you're neither attempting to empathize nor understand the situations of those you're declaring unworthy of your sympathy. from your statements, i can gauge that you're clearly leading a privileged existence, and have no idea what it's like to be unable to cope with life, and be forced into drug use or crime out of necessity just to keep from killing yourself or living on the streets. as to continuing abuse? being unable to get out of that lifestyle because society, including your own family, has cast you aside and you have no one to help you might answer that question.

and whatever middle class habit you kicked, most likely with help from others, isn't comparable to every other addiction. furthermore, even if you're some tough cookie who dragged himself up by his bootstraps despite the odds, the same ****ing thing applies.

am i asking you to pity me if i get fined for smoking a spliff? no. am i asking you to not be so cold hearted towards, say, someone dealing with mental health problems who turns to drugs or crime in order to keep themselves afloat? most definitely.
 Dath Maximus
05-27-2010, 7:01 PM
WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE PHILISOPHICAL DRUG USE CRAP!?!

NO ONE CARES!!!

Now get back on topic or i will do something i rarely do, mention to an mod/admin that you are continually going off topic
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-27-2010, 7:05 PM
healthy debate is a very good thing and my terseness is a product of the construction job i started today, which is also a very good thing. plus, i got a big muff pi fuzz pedal and a vox wah-wah pedal for free recently, which are also very good things.
 Dath Maximus
05-27-2010, 7:09 PM
i got an oil change on my car today

and since i happen to be the boss of the technicians, they checked every possible thing in my car and did the best possible job they could
 MrWally
05-27-2010, 9:23 PM
sometimes the opinions of others have meanings beyond just the words contained within their statements fyi

because you're neither attempting to empathize nor understand the situations of those you're declaring unworthy of your sympathy. from your statements, i can gauge that you're clearly leading a privileged existence, and have no idea what it's like to be unable to cope with life, and be forced into drug use or crime out of necessity just to keep from killing yourself or living on the streets. as to continuing abuse? being unable to get out of that lifestyle because society, including your own family, has cast you aside and you have no one to help you might answer that question.

and whatever middle class habit you kicked, most likely with help from others, isn't comparable to every other addiction. furthermore, even if you're some tough cookie who dragged himself up by his bootstraps despite the odds, the same ****ing thing applies.

am i asking you to pity me if i get fined for smoking a spliff? no. am i asking you to not be so cold hearted towards, say, someone dealing with mental health problems who turns to drugs or crime in order to keep themselves afloat? most definitely.

Since nothing pisses me off more than someone refuting an argument in an attempt to get in the last word and then saying "anyways, this isn't the time or the place, let's drop it", I'm not going to be that guy. If you *really* want to know why I feel the way I do about drug use, PM me or something, I'll gladly explain my position and hopefully we'll both benefit from talking about it.

But yes, moving on.

Very good thing:

My sister came to me with her old, dying Toshiba laptop yesterday asking me to do whatever I could to fix it. She has absolutely run that thing into the ground. It seems like she installed half the internet on that thing, and it was bloated almost beyond use. Hell, she had a custom cursor. I mean...seriously? It wasn't the worst situation I've ever seen, but I expected more from.

The good part is she let me back everything up and give it a nice, clean reformat. It's so refreshing.

Another good thing:

Started a new hardgainer routine for ROTC training today. Hoping to put on more weight so I'm not a skinny goon. It kicked my ass the first day, and I'm loving it.
 Anthony
05-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Started a new hardgainer routine for ROTC training today. Hoping to put on more weight so I'm not a skinny goon. It kicked my ass the first day, and I'm loving it.

If you do it right you may end up actually gaining like 40 pounds in a year.

Maybe a little less if youre not me and didnt do anything other than walk, previously. Still, good luck
 MrWally
05-28-2010, 2:55 AM
Hell, I would LOVE to put on 40 pounds in a year. That would be absolutely fantastic.

However, I have a feeling that what with the running I'll be doing in ROTC I'll have trouble gaining weight, so I'm trying to pack in as much as I can before it really starts up in September.
05-28-2010, 4:24 AM
^^^Eat steaks and burgers 2-3 times a week--but for god sakes don't "super-size me" on it. High protein breakfasts help also. If you're more of a veggie type, avocado (especially good if, like me, you don't like mayo) and natural peanut butter. My senior year I worked out religiously and using that diet I put on about 17 lbs.

Very awesome thing: MegaMan X Corrupted is nearing completion.
Sample:
QJFjJ5Q8QTU
Custom fan game on flash if I'm not mistaken.
 Anthony
05-29-2010, 5:44 PM
Hell, I would LOVE to put on 40 pounds in a year. That would be absolutely fantastic.

However, I have a feeling that what with the running I'll be doing in ROTC I'll have trouble gaining weight, so I'm trying to pack in as much as I can before it really starts up in September.

Actually I found the running helped, it was great for boosting my appetite.

Just eat ****loads of healthy food. I mean tons of it
 MrWally
05-29-2010, 6:38 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty simple and don't worry about things like "variety" in my diet, so typically I have these meals [nearly] every day:

A bowl (2 cups or so) of cottage cheese mixed with walnuts.
Big-ass salads with tuna/chicken (~40g protein worth) and soybeans/walnuts and hopefully avocado when we have it.
Scrambled eggs (~4 eggs) with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

For breakfast I typically have granola+fruit. I should probably fill this out for something with more protein, though.

As for snacks, I typically just have a hardboiled egg, a banana covered in peanut butter, walnuts/almonds and cheese, etc.

Then I also have a dinner at night that varies most days, luckily my family eats healthy so it's not much of an issue.

I also have a glass of milk (2% or whole) with every meal as well as a tablespoon of olive oil on its own.

And of course, after working out I have a protein shake with dextrose for carbs.
 edlib
05-30-2010, 1:18 AM
Where do the fresh babies come in?

:joy:
 MrWally
05-30-2010, 3:11 AM
Midnight snack.
 Kain
05-30-2010, 2:10 PM
Played a 16 song setlist for the first time since I damn near broke my hand...
 MrWally
05-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Just bought the www.woot.com) item for today: an MSI X600 X-Slim notebook.

I was originally planning on just getting a tiny, 10 inch Netbook with an Atom processor for college, so I wavered a lot before making this purchase, but the $480 price tag was ultimately the tipping point. The computer retails at about $700, and it definitely has better performance capabilities than any Netbook I'll find, other than the battery life, and it's about the size and weight of the Macbook Air.

Do any of you have experience with this laptop?

Here's hoping I'm not disappointed!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
i've never had problems with msi stuff and they have hot anime girls on their boxes sooooooooo
05-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Just bought the www.woot.com) item for today: an MSI X600 X-Slim notebook.

I was originally planning on just getting a tiny, 10 inch Netbook with an Atom processor for college, so I wavered a lot before making this purchase, but the $480 price tag was ultimately the tipping point. The computer retails at about $700, and it definitely has better performance capabilities than any Netbook I'll find, other than the battery life, and it's about the size and weight of the Macbook Air.

Do any of you have experience with this laptop?

Here's hoping I'm not disappointed!

None personally though my neighbor across the street uses one for her everyday uses and it helps her as a mobile unit to run her business. Acer or Toshiba...something with a sleek cherry red outer covering.

It'll do ok if you don't store a whole bunch on it.

I'm always downloading and saving images on my desktop. Or writing rants and utterances that come to mind. Personally I would never use it as a matter of taste and utilization, but always figured one of these would make a nice portable music/video player/emulatorultra-low end gaming machine for trips and on-the-go.
 TiE23
05-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Looking for my Windows 7 disc so I can, ahem, install it on my netbook, which I haven't touched in over 3 months. And found my old box.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4658654194_be9c512e1c_b.jpg)
Hells ****ing yes.

Also, Darth Vader is in the B-Wing for some reason.

I used to have an X-Wing, but it was fragile and it probably broke and got thrown away a long time ago.
 IG-64
06-01-2010, 5:38 AM
^ Win. My brother used to collect those. We would drive all over the place to find them, and some of them were really hard to find. I think we still have them somewhere around here...
 Pho3nix
06-01-2010, 7:11 AM
 StarWarsPhreak
06-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Looking for my Windows 7 disc so I can, ahem, install it on my netbook, which I haven't touched in over 3 months. And found my old box.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4658654194_be9c512e1c_b.jpg)
Hells ****ing yes.

Also, Darth Vader is in the B-Wing for some reason.

I used to have an X-Wing, but it was fragile and it probably broke and got thrown away a long time ago.
^ Win. My brother used to collect those. We would drive all over the place to find them, and some of them were really hard to find. I think we still have them somewhere around here...

I really shouldn't post this, but I think it's been established that I'm a huge Star Wars nerd.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=42&pictureid=6548)

I really need to dust, but I keep procrastinating.
 MrWally
06-01-2010, 1:00 PM
I really shouldn't post this, but I think it's been established that I'm a huge Star Wars nerd.

One would say a Star Wars freak even xD

That's a ridiculous collection. I thought I was nerdy for having vintage posters :(
Page: 128 of 133