Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

Page: 3 of 5
 darthVADER
08-18-2004, 5:26 PM
ok no offense revan but your sounds moved shivers down my spine
like nails on a chalk board

i think we better stick to the ones on the dvd:D

once again no offense
 darthVADER
08-18-2004, 6:37 PM
can someone please tell me how i can make a script that wil make a set of brushes move to certan entity's ?
thanks
 Lil Killa
08-18-2004, 9:42 PM
I think a little trisouping on the floor would look nice in that hangar. lie next to the walls and stuff.
 tFighterPilot
08-19-2004, 5:03 AM
Originally posted by darthVADER
can someone please tell me how i can make a script that wil make a set of brushes move to certan entity's ?
thanks Make a func_train with a trigger?
 darthVADER
08-19-2004, 5:49 AM
that doesnt look good so i want to script it
 mergatroid
08-19-2004, 5:58 AM
thanks

I think you make a func_static (Brushes with an origin brush where you want the 'origin' to be), triggered by a func_mutiple, give the static a script_targetname (lets say: mover1) in the entity screen. Create a Ref_tag with a script_tagetname like 't1'. Put the tag where you want the Func_static's origin to go. Compile your map.

Then open up BehavED and make script that tells 'mover1' to go to 't1' with the origin as the origin brush on 'mover1' with a time in miliseconds (1000=1sec) for how fast you want 'mover1' to move.

I think that's it (I'm a beginner scripter) If you want to make the brush go back to its place when it has moved, make another scipt and add another tag where the starting point of the func_static was.

I hope this helps :)
 darthVADER
08-19-2004, 1:24 PM
thats the problem i dont know how to make it move these i do know how to write the script but not what to put in it
 Lil Killa
08-19-2004, 5:32 PM
He just told you exactly what to do...
 darthVADER
08-19-2004, 6:02 PM
ok lemme put it like this how do i make the origin brush move to where i want it

show me an example fo the script or somethign cause it didnt make much sense to me

sorry i'm new to scripting
 mergatroid
08-20-2004, 5:46 AM
ok lemme put it like this how do i make the origin brush move to where i want it

show me an example fo the script or somethign cause it didnt make much sense to me

sorry i'm new to scripting

This should do it:

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "A moving brush" );

task ( "Move1" )
{

affect ( "Mover1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
move ( $tag( "t1", ORIGIN)$, 2500.000 );
}

}

do ( "Move1" );

I'm not the best scripter but I think this should work (I've really only managed to make rotating doors).
 darthVADER
08-20-2004, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
I think a little trisouping on the floor would look nice in that hangar. lie next to the walls and stuff.

what exactly do you mean by trisouping?
 wedge2211
08-20-2004, 12:15 PM
He means cutting the floor up into triangles and then using the vertex tool (V) to move their edges around and make the floor lumpy.
 lauser
08-20-2004, 6:13 PM
Why would you want to trisoup the floor? It needs to be smooth for landing craft and storing equipment. If anything soup the outside areas. That what you meant LIL KILLA?

Also, if you do end up trisouping any areas, build OVER the existing ground. Don't cut up the map HULL. Just clone the ground or make a new one and make sure everything except the visible surface has the snow texture. Everything else should be caulk.

Here is an example from Luksywalker1. Try this out and see how a script might work:

http://home.ripway.com/2003-11/40395/rolling_rock.zip)
 darthVADER
08-20-2004, 6:31 PM
you have no idea how much i appriciate that lauser
thanks a bunch

expect some screenshots of the new imperial landign shuttle tomorow
 Lil Killa
08-20-2004, 9:50 PM
If you read my post you would have seen I said to do it next to walls and stuff. I meant stuff as in crates and other things. If you look in the movies you see the crates aren't placed perfectly on top of the snow. No, they have some sno piled around the edges. Also. No floor covered in snoww is going to always be 100% flat anyway. I would try to do some trisouping outside though. Not alot but some.
 darthVADER
08-21-2004, 5:44 AM
ive done that around wall and crates with meshes
 RDX1
08-22-2004, 10:13 AM
I have a server now that I can put the map on for beta testing. I won't run the map 24/7 but whenever anyone is interested I can load it up. :)
 tFighterPilot
08-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by RDX1
I have a server now that I can put the map on for beta testing. I won't run the map 24/7 but whenever anyone is interested I can load it up. :) cool, thanks :D
 darthVADER
08-22-2004, 12:04 PM
cool now for part 2 of the plan
get online on msn!!!!
 RDX1
08-22-2004, 10:16 PM
I've been on, what's your MSN?

ja (at) rdxmedia.com is my MSN - I keep it on 24/7
 darthVADER
08-23-2004, 6:04 AM
darthVADER@xg-clan.com
 darthVADER
08-24-2004, 5:08 PM
its been a while since my last update so here i go
ive been having problems with it lately they are fixed now
some new screenshots:

first pics of the south hanger(this one is gonna have a low level of detail since it wil only be there for the final objective for the rebels)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112945)

and here it is :
ion control
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112946)

this one took me a while since i tried to copy ravens one as close as i could since it looked so good compared to the concept art

outside view of ion controla bove the ion cannon:
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112949)

this is one of the other reasons it took so long to get a new update out
the first imperial lander shuttle (completly scripted from folding up its wings to extending its boarding ramp)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112950)

the shot is a bit dark right now but this was in a test map
ive made some noob textures for it if anyone can do a better job and is willing to feel free to contact me

darthALEX out...
 Pahricida
08-25-2004, 8:14 AM
hrm Sith-J-Cull made a mapped Transport craft

http://sithjcull.jkmods.com/_private/shot0898.jpg)

maybe you should ask him.
 PR-0927
08-25-2004, 6:20 PM
So, when do you guys anticipate this to be released? This will definitely be in my /base folder!! I think this'll get so many downloads!! It looks completed to me already!!

I wish I could map...

:fett:
 tFighterPilot
08-25-2004, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
So, when do you guys anticipate this to be released? This will definitely be in my /base folder!! I think this'll get so many downloads!! It looks completed to me already!!

I wish I could map...

:fett: Everybody has something. You have modeling. :)
 darthVADER
08-25-2004, 7:20 PM
release wil probably be in a week or 2, 3
this entire map has been a big learnign experience for me and it is going to be cause i still need to learn how to do siege objectives ect.

ive had to do something very painfull today
i had to take ion control out cause it was causing error during compile so i wil complete the basic rough cut of this map
then i'll see if its possible to add it back in
but for now no ion control

i wil release a small ffa version sometime soon so keep your eyes peeled

btw tfighterpilot can you try to put the sounds for the snow speeder and at-at in again cause last time it crashed the map when i loaded them

thanks...

P.S. does anyone know how i can record video's of jka ingame i want to make a teaser hehe

darthALEX out
 tFighterPilot
08-25-2004, 7:29 PM
this entire map has been a big learnign experience for me and it is going to be cause i still need to learn how to do siege objectives ect.

i had to take ion control out cause it was causing error during compile so i wil complete the basic rough cut of this map

btw tfighterpilot can you try to put the sounds for the snow speeder and at-at in again cause last time it crashed the map when i loaded them

thanks...

P.S. does anyone know how i can record video's of jka ingame i want to make a teaser hehe

darthALEX out It crashed? Weird, for me nothing happend. And when I say nothing I mean no sounds either. I still don't understand what the problem is.
 PR-0927
08-25-2004, 8:28 PM

thanks...

darthALEX out

Recording is easy. I'm glad that this will be coming out soon, you rox!!

Get FRAPS, and install it. In game, hit the key to record. It doesn't record sound however, you'll need to buy the full version of that.

acdcfanbill
08-26-2004, 12:19 AM
or if you would rather use the tried and tested method, check out the video faq stickied post in the jedi outcast forum. it was originally made to teach howto make frag highlight movies, but it should be adapted to your needs easily.
 darthVADER
08-26-2004, 5:48 PM
ok thanks the recording software works great
now to figure out how to edit it
 tFighterPilot
08-26-2004, 5:51 PM
ok thanks the recording software works great
now to figure out how to edit it If you have windows XP you can use movie maker
 darthVADER
08-26-2004, 6:03 PM
i dont know how to use that
 tFighterPilot
08-26-2004, 6:27 PM
i dont know how to use that It's really simple. Besides, I'm sure there's a help file.
 darthVADER
08-27-2004, 5:47 PM
here's a small update

the shuttle ahs landed
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=114157)

this imperial lander shuttle wil drop off troops as soon as the shield generator is destroyed

here's a small request from all you guys
if you have any idea's on what you want to see in a battle of hoth map
please feel free to tell me in this thread
my goal is to make a map that people wil enjoy and get what they expect

thanks

darthALEX out
 RDX1
08-27-2004, 6:02 PM
I don't know what's there. When will the map go into beta testing?
 darthVADER
08-27-2004, 6:07 PM
not for at least an other week i want to get somethings done first
 MadCow1989
08-28-2004, 3:36 AM
a second objective after the Shield generator has been destroyed the xwings have to defend the transport from the tiefighters (like rogue Squadron 3)
 darthVADER
08-28-2004, 7:18 AM
i'd love that but that wil require a pretty large area i'll give it a try but dont expect anything concrete about that
 PR-0927
08-28-2004, 11:38 AM
All I would request is that I get to play it!! It looks awesome...it's a shame that I never saw this thread before the beta testing positions were taken. Oh, well...

darthVADER
08-28-2004, 11:54 AM
consider yourself a beta tester
cause mergatroid wont accept me into his msn list
pm me your msn contact details
 LightNinja
08-28-2004, 12:09 PM
could you upload your images at www.imageshack.us) plz? is hateable to clic in "accept view" ALL the times
 mergatroid
08-28-2004, 1:31 PM
consider yourself a beta tester
cause mergatroid wont accept me into his msn list
pm me your msn contact details

I did accept you into my list, I mostly use msn for checking e-mail so I usually log in and say I'm busy so I can read my e-mail. Sorry if I offended you.
 darthVADER
08-28-2004, 1:43 PM
dont worry you didnt offend me its jsut that it was a little strange you apply for a beta position and you never come online

P.S. majin you can still PM me your details to beta test
 PR-0927
08-28-2004, 2:52 PM
Done, PM has been sent!! Thanx for letting me beta test!!

MadCow1989
08-29-2004, 1:10 AM
i dont realy need to beta test it (rather wait for full) but could you send me that atat i wanna try it out :D
 darthVADER
08-29-2004, 2:38 AM
its the same as duncans beta at-at with just a few tweaks to the weapoons and armor and health
 darthVADER
08-29-2004, 6:36 AM
ok time for a new screenshot update

i present to you the at-at imperial transport from rogue squadron 3 rebel strike (early WIP)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=115339)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=115342)

in this transport the at-at's wil spawn aswel as the imperial players
after the empire destroys the shield generator the spawn point wil be moved into the reinforcement's lander shuttle

this barge wil have a scripted main ramp
the barge can carry 2 at-at's and 2 at-st's

darthALEX out
 Livingdeadjedi
08-29-2004, 7:05 AM
Looking pretty cool as always :D

but make the plain texture on front ramp larger, it looks to repeated.

p.s will we be able to go to the bridge on that thing ?????? with breakable glass to blast people through :p
 MadCow1989
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
in rogue squadron 3 it only carriers 3 atst's :D
 MadCow1989
08-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Page: 3 of 5