Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

Page: 5 of 5
 Zappa_0
10-29-2004, 1:14 PM
The older version I have plays great. You can get out of the hangers great and theres no FPS killers. Overall its gonna be great, cant wait to see the improvements.
 darthVADER
10-30-2004, 3:02 AM
the version you have still ahd the larger hanger i belive.
i kinda made it a little bit harder to get out of the hanger with the new size of the hanger.
but its still pretty easy for people who are good at flying
ive been considering adding a ship boundry so that you lift off and fly forward and automaticly turn the right way and fly out of the hanger but i want people who have some skill to play this map aswel and they might enjoy the latter more.
 Zappa_0
11-07-2004, 5:05 AM
Official Trailer for Hoth Siege: http://www.pcgamemods.com/8420)
 wedge2211
11-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Well, as to the trailer...Jerk-O-Vision "spectator" cinemtography and you love shots of walkers sitting in one spot shooting way too much. On the other hand, I liked seeing how the Raven-made AT-ST's footsteps don't sync with its motion while the modded AT-AT's do. :)

For the map--I still think the snowfield is empty, but that doesn't look so bad with the giant vehicles running around in it. The puffy things on the trench lips are still really really strange looking, and there were some wierd patch sparklies in that arched tunnel in the snow--little things that could really be improved easily. After watching ESB, there's also a lot of extra "stuff" on the hangar floor--and I hope there's more to this map than just the snowfield and the hangar!

Definitely some kudos for the falling walkway and landing shuttle--interactivity is a BIG plus.

This just needs a little more polishing.
 Lil Killa
11-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
Well, as to the trailer...Jerk-O-Vision "spectator" cinemtography and you love shots of walkers sitting in one spot shooting way too much. On the other hand, I liked seeing how the Raven-made AT-ST's footsteps don't sync with its motion while the modded AT-AT's do. :)

For the map--I still think the snowfield is empty, but that doesn't look so bad with the giant vehicles running around in it. The puffy things on the trench lips are still really really strange looking, and there were some wierd patch sparklies in that arched tunnel in the snow--little things that could really be improved easily. After watching ESB, there's also a lot of extra "stuff" on the hangar floor--and I hope there's more to this map than just the snowfield and the hangar!

Definitely some kudos for the falling walkway and landing shuttle--interactivity is a BIG plus.

I concur
 darthVADER
11-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211

just the snowfield and the hanger?
i dont think so
there is an other hanger on the other side of the base and a vast tunnel network leading upto that hanger
also some nice idea's i had were (these were taking from the original idea's from lucas)
in the tunnel network there wil be some doors wich have signs on them saying danger do not enter behidn these doors are wampa's that broke into the base earlyer the rebels can remove these signs from the doors wand lets the imperials walk into a trap
a reason for the imperials to go trough these doors is they are a faster way to the other hanger
in wich the empire needs to lock down the main hanger doors so the last few transports cant escape
and i agee there should be more on the ground of the hanger and there will be soon
an other idea i had was making alot of the enviorment destructible such as being able to shoot edges off walls
causing a cave in in the tunnels
and more stuff like this
and i wil see what i can do with the trenches but dont expect too much change.
 Dilandau-Sama
11-12-2004, 4:23 PM
And no Taun-Tauns? There have to be Taun-Tauns on Hoth...
 darthVADER
11-13-2004, 4:11 AM
i can add them but i wouldnt realy see the use of them
but we'll see
 Neon
11-24-2004, 5:11 AM
Hm, the use of it, maybe because the map is big, and if rebels want to move ouside, they can use TaunTauns to move faster.
Or when people play it on FFA, then they can use Tauntauns 2.
I mean, from the look of the trailer, it looks huge.
 darthVADER
01-24-2005, 8:14 AM
ok good news guys ive gotten new refrences and some free time comming up and i'll continu on this map expect some screenshots soon

P.S. if anyone can make me a model or a prefab of a rebel medium transport i would appriciate it so much
 monsoontide
01-26-2005, 2:32 PM
What sort of transport?
You mean this one?
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/rebelmediumtransport/index.html)

Might be possible...
 darthVADER
01-26-2005, 9:35 PM
yep thats the one
i need it for the final objective for the rebels
 monsoontide
01-27-2005, 12:27 AM
What do you want the polycount to be (approx)?
 darthVADER
01-27-2005, 12:49 AM
highest thats possible for a normal .md3
use as much detail as you possibly can
 monsoontide
01-27-2005, 8:40 AM
What sort of time frame do you need it by Realistically that is... ;D
 darthVADER
01-27-2005, 11:39 AM
prefrebly within a month or so
but take your time
 monsoontide
01-28-2005, 4:05 PM
Please PM me some e-mail details so I can send it to you when I have it done... Thanks :)
 monsoontide
02-13-2005, 3:22 PM
OK, the Rebel Transport is now 95% finished. I've made it into an .md3 and everything seems to be in place. Just have to write the shader code and and test it out in Radiant to make sure it all works properly!

It's going to be a public release though, just in case anyone else wants to use it or turn it into a vehicle or something...

But will send it to you directly its finsihed, before I upload it the public servers...
 monsoontide
02-13-2005, 11:11 PM
OK, I've finsihed it!
Tested it in Radiant and after a few tweaks, it looks lovely!

I tried to send it to you just now, but your hotmail mailbox is full.
 darthVADER
02-15-2005, 1:56 AM
ok sorry for the late reply try sending it to havoc373@gmail.com
 jdumber2k
03-07-2005, 7:57 PM
is this thread dead?
and are you still making the map?
jw and when (hopefully) will it be released?
 darthVADER
03-08-2005, 10:13 AM
i'm trying to work on it as much as i can but i dont have alot of time with school and real life issues

but i wil release it as soon as i can
 Pahricida
03-08-2005, 12:52 PM
After all it can just be fine tuning you have to adjust now, right?
I can tell that it looked quite complete to me in that trailer thing...
 darthVADER
03-09-2005, 4:09 AM
yeah thats true

thats a good idea i'll tune what i have now and maybe make an extended version with all the features i wanted in later.
 darthVADER
03-31-2005, 5:06 PM
i'll be releasing this map very soon only a ffa and team ffa version tho i might make the siege version later

anyways i keep getting an error when i load it

i get the error BG_getvehiclemodelname:
couldnt find vehicle snow-speeder-tfp

but i have that file installed and in the pk3 what can i do?
 darthVADER
04-04-2005, 3:16 PM
the battle of hoth begins

begun this battle has

i just released it you can get it here
http://www.pcgamemods.com/11480/)
hope you enjoy it
 kessno11
04-04-2005, 5:23 PM
I'm looking forward to downloading this later today!
 darthVADER
04-05-2005, 4:43 AM
rember to load it in team deathmatch

load it in ffa and you wil just keep falling 60 feet down
 Pahricida
04-05-2005, 9:42 AM
impressive!

beats my machine to death, but very impressive :D
 monsoontide
04-05-2005, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by darthVADER
rember to load it in team deathmatch

load it in ffa and you wil just keep falling 60 feet down

And then getting blasted to bits by all the turret cannons!!!! LOL
 MadCow1989
04-06-2005, 7:11 AM
i like it alot its really cool but the fps is a pain
 darthVADER
04-06-2005, 11:29 AM
yeah i know the fps is a real big pain but jsut turn down your setting a little bit
 Pahricida
04-08-2005, 3:35 PM
heh I'm already playing on 800x600 with medium detail.
:D
 MadCow1989
04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
ever thought on using spawn buttons i mean there are tons of models spawned all over the map i did npc kill all once and the fps went up so i think spawns would be a tad better to make it more playable
 lurtz231
04-26-2005, 6:35 PM
It's been a while since you've had any updates darthVADER so...

Maybe you could send it to someone who will take on the task of finishing the siege objectives and everything...I'm sure someone will oblige.(I would take it on but I haven't any earthly idea how to use the map creator tools :compcry: )
Page: 5 of 5