Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Page: 34 of 38
 Fred Tetra
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Does it need to be just on the C drive? That's where the computer wants to look for it. I went to File>Manage Paths, but it was set to the KotOR directory, just as it should be.

EDIT: I just checked my Kotor Tool directory, and there is no dialogue.tlk file. Should there be?
Also, there is nothing in my Maps folder. Shouldn't there be some stuff in there?

EDIT2: I was incorrect above. I can open .2da files, I just can't opne .uti ones, whiich happen to be the ones I think I'm gonna need to edit most often.

Kotor Tool looks for dialog.tlk in the game's directory, and this usually error occurs when Kotor Tool can read the registry entries for the particular Kotor game you're editing for, but the files aren't where the registry says they are.

Using Regedit,

(For K1)
Look in HKLM\SOFTWARE\BioWare\SW for the Path key value

(For K2)
Look in HKLM\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2 for the Path key value

Make sure that the game actually exists in the appropriate directory, then report back.
 The Doctor
12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
The game is installed in C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR.
There is a file called dialogue.tlk in the KotOR directory. How do I get the computer to find it?
 Fred Tetra
12-30-2005, 12:05 PM
The game is installed in C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR.
There is a file called dialogue.tlk in the KotOR directory. How do I get the computer to find it?

1. Is the game installed path the same as the one in the registry?

2. Kotor Tool doesn't need a dialog.tlk file in its folder to use it.
 The Doctor
12-30-2005, 6:07 PM

Me being the idiot that I am, I don't know what you mean.
 Fred Tetra
12-30-2005, 10:50 PM

Me being the idiot that I am, I don't know what you mean.

Using Regedit, (Start menu, then Run..., type in REGEDIT, then press enter)

1. Navigate through the tree to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE node under My Computer and expand it

2. Find the SOFTWARE node under that and expand it

3. The next step depends on which version of the game you're working on.

(For K1)
4. Find the BioWare node and expand it

5. Find the SW node and expand it

(continue with 6 below)

(For K2)
4. Find the LucasArtsfor the Path key value

5. Find the KotOR2 node and expand it

6. Click on the Path node and look at the value assigned to it

The value is where the game should be installed and is what Kotor Tool uses to determine where the dialog.tlk and other files are.

It should be C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR in your case. If not adjust it to match.
 The Doctor
12-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Yes, all that is right.
 Fred Tetra
12-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Yes, all that is right.

Then the easiest thing to do is delete the settings.xml file from your Kotor Tool directory and let it re-detect your game installation(s).
 Fred Tetra
12-31-2005, 12:19 AM
I've worked on a few new maps for Kotor Tool;

001ebo - Ebon Hawk interior
002ebo - Ebon Hawk exterior
103per - Peragus fuel depot
105per - Peragus dormitories

Once the new web site is up and I have the map download page in place, it should be much easier to find maps for the modules you want to edit (and easier for me to keep up to date, too!)
 The Doctor
12-31-2005, 12:19 AM
I deleted the xml, and I still get the same error message.

EDIT: I've opened the enw setting.xml file as a txt document, and found a whole mess of crap in there. Would you be able to send me the data that's supposed to be in there? Could that fix anything?
 Darth333
12-31-2005, 10:00 AM
I've worked on a few new maps for Kotor Tool;

Once the new web site is up and I have the map download page in place, it should be much easier to find maps for the modules you want to edit (and easier for me to keep up to date, too!)
Looks good :D When everything is ready, I'll fix the link on the other website.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Looks good :D When everything is ready, I'll fix the link on the other website.
Same here for the mirror link on my site :D

Looks fantastic Fred.. and I'm looking forward to seeing your new design MacLeodCorp I'm sure it's going to be awesome! :emodanc:
 The Source
12-31-2005, 2:27 PM
Same here for the mirror link on my site :D

Looks fantastic Fred.. and I'm looking forward to seeing your new design MacLeodCorp I'm sure it's going to be awesome! :emodanc:

Update: @ 3:00 on Dec 31st
I promised Fred the site yesterday, but holiday plans keep interfering. I have about an hours worth of work on the site to finish, and then I can get it to Fred. For the past few days, I have been working on the site, and cleaning for New Years. I am so close in being finished, that it is freaking me out... I am gong to do some work on the site before 9:00 tonight. I will be very close to finish by the end of today... Actually, I am getting off soon, and maybe I can finish it before tonight... I don't want to let Fred down. He has worked hard on his KotOR Tool...

Update: @ 3:27 on Dec 31st
**Start Vader's Music Here**
Website is 98.5% Ready for Fred's Review. I have about 15 to 20 minutes left in production.

Update: @ 4:28 on Dec 31st
**Start Vader's Music Here**
Website it 99.5% Ready for Fred's Review. I have a few minutes left in production.
 Fred Tetra
12-31-2005, 3:48 PM
Actually, I figured MacLeodCorp might be off on vacation, so I took matters into my own hands... muahahahahah!

You can check out the work (or damage <grin>) at: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/)

Some of the links aren't up yet, but you can at least get an idea of what it'll look like.

I am still writing the PHP scripts to automatically generate the map download section, since HTML that produces a "nice-to-look-at" page is invariably hard to maintain manually. My script reads a file created by the map calibration data generator, so things will always stay in sync. All I have to do is upload a single file additional file besides the maps and MapInfo.bfd files and the script does the rest.
 The Source
12-31-2005, 4:33 PM
Actually, I figured MacLeodCorp might be off on vacation, so I took matters into my own hands... muahahahahah!

You can check out the work (or damage <grin>) at: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/)

Some of the links aren't up yet, but you can at least get an idea of what it'll look like.

I am still writing the PHP scripts to automatically generate the map download section, since HTML that produces a "nice-to-look-at" page is invariably hard to maintain manually. My script reads a file created by the map calibration data generator, so things will always stay in sync. All I have to do is upload a single file additional file besides the maps and MapInfo.bfd files and the script does the rest.

Why did the pages fall apart? I just noticed the color scheme you used, so I will go back and change the colors on my set. All the tables on the pages fell apart? Everything should be alinged flush top, but they are not? What are you using to generate a PHP page?
 Fred Tetra
12-31-2005, 5:09 PM
Why did the pages fall apart? I just noticed the color scheme you used, so I will go back and change the colors on my set. All the tables on the pages fell apart? Everything should be alinged flush top, but they are not? What are you using to generate a PHP page?

Since the site was layed out a bit different than I wanted, I knew your spare time was scarce, and I wanted to get things up for the users ASAP, I commented out some of the table rows and made some other minor adjustments and spelling corrections. Mostly I removed the downloads, since they're going on their own auto-generated page. Since your design used tables instead of frames, maintaining the same identical "right side" content on several pages to keep them synced would have made maintenance a pain for me. :)

Removing some of the rows did mess up the top-flush-ness, but I should be able to fix that later.

As far as generating the PHP code, I'm not sure what you mean. I am writing it by hand using a text editor, if that helps.
 The Source
12-31-2005, 5:27 PM
Since the site was layed out a bit different than I wanted, I knew your spare time was scarce, and I wanted to get things up for the users ASAP, I commented out some of the table rows and made some other minor adjustments and spelling corrections. Mostly I removed the downloads, since they're going on their own auto-generated page. Since your design used tables instead of frames, maintaining the same identical "right side" content on several pages to keep them synced would have made maintenance a pain for me. :)

Removing some of the rows did mess up the top-flush-ness, but I should be able to fix that later.

As far as generating the PHP code, I'm not sure what you mean. I am writing it by hand using a text editor, if that helps.

I get it now... Hehehe... Sorry for the mess up. :)

At the moment, I am finishing up what I have here. After I am done, I will send the pages right over to you. I didn't relieze that you were writting PHP through a text editor. I am using Adobe GoLive and Dream Weaver. I am able to drag and drop, write PHP, and HTML in one program. Most of the stuff I am able to do is automated. If there are errors in code, I can find and fix them quickly. Both of the programs I use highlight errors, so I am able to fly through page construction.

As of this morning, I have not checked for spelling errors. Was there alot of errors? Most of the work I did was thru copying and pasting your original text.

Added Edit::
After I give you this upcoming set, I will review the changes you made, and see if I can come up a version that will ease your pain.. Hehehe... :)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-31-2005, 7:40 PM
Oh wow! The site looks great! :thumbsup:

And hey, thanks for the linkage, but it really wasn't necessary. My site is kinda a hodge-podge of stuff and not strictly related to KotOR & TSL. My feelings won't be hurt if you remove it...

or, If you'd rather just link to the Maps download page, I have scripted my site to load seperate URL page calls within my frameset even if it's called from outside the main index (gotta keep it pretty.. hehehe):

http://www.jumpstationz.com/KotorToolMaps/)

If you use that link, users will be taken directly to Fred's Maps, but still retain my frameset (no messed up background or missing navigation calls). This way, users won't feel obligated to browse through my site if they don't want to :)

Again though, thanks for the consideration.. and the site looks fantastic! Great job MacLeodCorp! :thumbsup:
 The Source
12-31-2005, 7:45 PM
Oh wow! The site looks great! :thumbsup:

And hey, thanks for the linkage, but it really wasn't necessary. My site is kinda a hodge-podge of stuff and not strictly related to KotOR & TSL. My feelings won't be hurt if you remove it...

or, If you'd rather just link to the Maps download page, I have scripted my site to load seperate URL page calls within my frameset even if it's called from outside the main index (gotta keep it pretty.. hehehe):

http://www.jumpstationz.com/KotorToolMaps/)

If you use that link, users will be taken directly to Fred's Maps, but still retain my frameset (no messed up background or missing navigation calls). This way, users won't feel obligated to browse through my site if they don't want to :)

Again though, thanks for the consideration.. and the site looks fantastic! Great job MacLeodCorp! :thumbsup:

In a few seconds, I will be sending Fred the pages. I had to change colors and such. The original site was not falling apart. Fred is trying to edit the site, so he can update it smoothly. Unfortunatly, the HTML (Tables) are conflicting with his PHP. However, that will not be a problem. After I send him the current set, I will send Fred a template with nothing inside. Therefore, he may be able to find another solution.

:) I am just honored to help him out. :)

I have one tiny thing to take care of, and then the pages will be sent off...

8:06
:) And it is off to Fred... :)
 The Doctor
01-01-2006, 2:38 AM
I deleted the xml, and I still get the same error message.

EDIT: I've opened the enw setting.xml file as a txt document, and found a whole mess of crap in there. Would you be able to send me the data that's supposed to be in there? Could that fix anything?

I don't mean to spoil the conversation, but I still haven't gotten the porblem fixed.
 Darth333
01-01-2006, 9:02 AM
Very nice site Fred & MacLeodCorp!:thumbsup: I'll update the links at swk.com and post a newsbit tomorrow (I'd do it today but I'm not at home until tomorrow afternoon. If another moderator wants to and has the time to do it today, feel free to do so ).

(edit: btw, just wanted to let you know that the dl link for kt doesn't work. Other links work fine.)
 The Source
01-01-2006, 9:06 AM
Thanks for your kind words Darth333 and Chainz.2da.
 Fred Tetra
01-01-2006, 1:02 PM
Very nice site Fred & MacLeodCorp!:thumbsup: I'll update the links at swk.com and post a newsbit tomorrow (I'd do it today but I'm not at home until tomorrow afternoon. If another moderator wants to and has the time to do it today, feel free to do so ).

(edit: btw, just wanted to let you know that the dl link for kt doesn't work. Other links work fine.)

That's one of those small details I'm still working on. :)

At least now the "Latest version" and "Download KT" text is automatically generated so that I don't have to update the site in several places. The next thing is to get the "latest feature updates" part set up the same way. Anything I can do to reduce the administration efforts is a big plus! :)

Any word on an email account, Darth333?
 Darth333
01-01-2006, 1:08 PM
I have a phone call scheduled for this week to fix all that :) I'm noting it down to make sure I don't forget.
 Pavlos
01-01-2006, 3:51 PM
One little thing too. 851nih is the Ravager and not the Harbinger. Other than that it looks great!
 Fred Tetra
01-01-2006, 6:16 PM
One little thing too. 851nih is the Ravager and not the Harbinger. Other than that it looks great!

Fixed!
 Fred Tetra
01-01-2006, 9:09 PM
A new version of Kotor Tool has been posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2192.37362 (2006-1-1 21:54)

Features/updates:

Eliminated redundant loading of chitin.key file during model extraction
Label font and color can now be set in the Module editor
Module editor now restores the last X-Y scroll position of the map when opening a module
Adjusted Volume Variation range in Sound (UTS) editor
"Show Maps supported by Module editor" now shows maps in alphabetical order
Fixed XML Load/Save bug in the UTI editor
Game script version selection in Text Editor no longer allows you to pick both versions
Script compilation in Text Editor now reports errors correctly
Fixed "broken" Delete key in Text Editor
Text editor now has: list of functions available in NWScript file specific to each game
with function name filtering; click to show function definition; double-click to paste function
name; and context menu to show definition for a selected NWScript-defined function.
Module editor now handles missing files more gracefully when "Show Tags" is activated
Fixed Module editor centering view on just-deleted items
Text editor now shows line numbers (this is a test; it may or may not remain a feature...)

New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0101.1) and maps to support these modules has been posted:

The Doctor
01-01-2006, 9:16 PM
Even with the newest version, I'm still getting the same error message, and I've trid all the things mentioned above. Is there anyhting else I can do?
 Fred Tetra
01-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Even with the newest version, I'm still getting the same error message, and I've trid all the things mentioned above. Is there anyhting else I can do?

So you're certain the path the game actually exists at matches the registry entry for it and the path for that game version in Kotor Tool's Path Manager dialog box?
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Yes, I'm positive. I checked twice with the older version, and three times with the newest one.
 Fred Tetra
01-02-2006, 1:29 AM
Yes, I'm positive. I checked twice with the older version, and three times with the newest one.

Post the error message details (sans the "loaded assemblies" part); perhaps that will help. You can also try reinstalling the game :) Drastic, but sometimes....
 Pavlos
01-02-2006, 2:20 AM
Yay! New version, for a new year ... yet more excellent additions and fixes for an already excellent product. Well done.
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 2:36 AM
Actually, reinstaling wouldn't hurt - I've only got one save, and it's on Taris. Besides, I can back up the save files. I so that tommorow and let you know what happens - it's 2:30am, and I need to go to bed.
 rgdelta
01-02-2006, 5:34 AM
Great job Tetra and nice new site :-)
 Command3r
01-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Excuse me Tetra I have a question.

Will there be new maps>? I recently heard about people editing a maps gff file can you explain this to me.
 rgdelta
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
BTW Tetra with the new version the new maps bfd from the maps installer and the maps downloaed from the new site when ever I try to extract for the module editor I get the following error message

Cannot find the assembly MapInfo Generator
Version=1.0.2103.15866, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Under details it says this

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptio n: Cannot find the assembly MapInfo Generator, Version=1.0.2103.15866, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Bin aryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Obj ectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Obj ectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Obj ectMap.Create(String name, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__B inaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWit hMapTyped record)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__B inaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnu m binaryHeaderEnum)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__B inaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Obj ectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Bin aryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at kotor_tool.frmMapInfoStatus.ReadMapInfoFile()
at kotor_tool.frmMain.cmiExtractForModuleEditing_Clic k(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.btnExtractForModuleEditing_Clic k(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version downloaded the maps from your new site and the bfd installer and the maps are in my maps directory. This happens when I select the module rim and do extract for module editing or if I select Show maps supported under tools.

Ok I download the mapinfo.bfd file the manual one and now it works sorry about taking up your time.
 Fred Tetra
01-02-2006, 3:29 PM
Excuse me Tetra I have a question.

Will there be new maps>? I recently heard about people editing a maps gff file can you explain this to me.

I just added 4 new maps:

Others will come as time permits...
 Fred Tetra
01-02-2006, 3:38 PM
I've just posted an even newer design of the Kotor Tool web site, based on the fine work of MacLeodCorp, converted to a frames- and PHP-based configuration for easier maintenance.

The indication of the latest version number & date, latest feature updates, and list of maps is all done automatically when I post a new version of Kotor Tool. This should save me 1/2 - 1 hour per update, which is almost enough time to make another map! :)

I would like to thank MacLeodCorp yet again for his fine efforts. (He even put in extra time over the holidays to make sure you would all have something nice to look at!)
 The Source
01-02-2006, 4:01 PM
I've just posted an even newer design of the Kotor Tool web site, based on the fine work of MacLeodCorp, converted to a frames- and PHP-based configuration for easier maintenance.

The indication of the latest version number & date, latest feature updates, and list of maps is all done automatically when I post a new version of Kotor Tool. This should save me 1/2 - 1 hour per update, which is almost enough time to make another map! :)

I would like to thank MacLeodCorp yet again for his fine efforts. (He even put in extra time over the holidays to make sure you would all have something nice to look at!)

Oh good! You were able to convert the page to frames. :) Happy to help Fred!
 Fred Tetra
01-02-2006, 5:35 PM
The Module Editor maps download section now offers the ability to view a thumbnail image for the map (when available).

[Edit]
Maps for:

201tel
207tel
502ond
610dan
904mal
906mal

were not uploaded last night; they are now really available.

Also, 851nih was misnamed; this has been fixed and it is now available.
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 7:40 PM
Here are the details from the error message that you asked for, Fred. I just copy/pasted the whole thing.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk".
File name: "C:\dialog.tlk"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at kotor_tool.clsDialogTlk..ctor(String path, Boolean memoryResident)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF..ctor(FileStream fs, Int32 KotorVerIndex, Boolean RTF_Mode)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)
at kotor_tool.frmMain.miOpenGFFFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[FT <snip>]
 Fred Tetra
01-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Here are the details from the error message that you asked for, Fred. I just copy/pasted the whole thing.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk".

Ok, email me in a Zip file: 1) the file you're trying to open, and, 2) your settings.xml file.

Also, which version(s) of KotOR (I and/or II) do you have installed?

Has the file you're trying to open ever been edited with Kotor Tool before? If so, open it using the "View GFF files as Text" menu item and tell me what the three KTxxx (e.g. KTInfoVersion, etc.) field's values are.
 Fred Tetra
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
A new version of Kotor Tool has been posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2193.42740 (2006-1-2 23:50)

Features/updates:

Kotor Tool setup now installs a DLL for the text editor that was missing in the prior release.
 Fred Tetra
01-03-2006, 12:00 AM
I am now taking requests for the next batch of K2:TSL maps for the Module Editor...
 rgdelta
01-03-2006, 2:33 AM
Tetra issue with your site as of now when I click a link to download it downloads but closes the browser window.
 rgdelta
01-03-2006, 4:34 AM
Is anyone having any problems with the new version of Kotor Tool double clicking on a TPC and instead of opening the Image Viewer getting and error

File or assembly name HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox, or one of its dependecies, was not found

Under Deteails says

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox"
at kotor_tool.frmMain.HandleDataByNodeType(KotorTreeN ode node, Object sender)

[FT <snipped to relevant info only>]

I tried it with both new versions the one released on 1-1 and the one released on 1-2 if I use the version on the old Kotor Tools site (the comcast.net one) it works fine. I am running unpatched TSL with .net framework 2.0

This is for Kotor 2
 Joris1
01-03-2006, 7:01 AM
At first: Great new site!

And in the Help menu, the "About" window is black! I don't know if this is only on my PC. I only want notice it.

And if I click double on a *.mdl data there come this message.

Informationen ьber das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung, anstatt in diesem Dialogfeld.

************** Ausnametext **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Datei- oder Assemblyname 'HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox' oder eine Abhдnigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden.
Dateiname: HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox
at kotor_tool.frmMain.HandleDataByNodeType(KotorTreeN ode node, Object sender)

[FT <snipped to relevant info only>]

Ups, its German! Sorry, but I think you understand it(I hope so! If not, ask me).
 Pavlos
01-03-2006, 7:38 AM
Fred, I hate to add to the list of things to check up on and fix but erm ... whenever I click to download the latest version of Kotor Tool it gives me the following message:

Either a referer was not sent or it was from another domain. The attempt has been logged and action will be taken if necessary.

Please be aware that download applications that hide referers, such as GetRight, GoZilla! and Download Accelerator Plus, will prevent you from downloading files here.

It is recommended that you disable the download managers and use your browsers in-built downloader.

The strangest thing is that I'm not using a download manager or accelerator. In an attempt to get the latest version I told Kotor Tool to check fo updates but it couldn't find any - I suppose that is obvious because it is still linking to the old site. I was just wondering about what could be done to resolve the issue. But as always, Fred, those maps look like fantastic work! How did you come up with that name anyway ... unless it is your real name. I'm just curious as to if it has any meaning.
 Darth InSidious
01-03-2006, 8:57 AM
262TEL, 950COR and 801DRO would be nice/useful :)
 Fred Tetra
01-03-2006, 9:34 AM
Fred, I hate to add to the list of things to check up on and fix but erm ... whenever I click to download the latest version of Kotor Tool it gives me the following message:

The strangest thing is that I'm not using a download manager or accelerator. In an attempt to get the latest version I told Kotor Tool to check fo updates but it couldn't find any - I suppose that is obvious because it is still linking to the old site. I was just wondering about what could be done to resolve the issue. But as always, Fred, those maps look like fantastic work! How did you come up with that name anyway ... unless it is your real name. I'm just curious as to if it has any meaning.

Since I cannot answer any of your other questions yet, I'll tell you about my handle.

I have never liked the goofy, difficult to pronounce names some fantasy authors give their characters just to be "authentic".

When I started playing an RPG-like "Eye of the Beholder" on a '286 computer way back when, I named my characters Fred, Mike, Mary, and Steve. Fred turned out to be a very handy character and I've kept using that name. I also do it as a joke; my family thinks it is funny that in every game, from racing to platformer, I name my character or profile "Fred" as a purposely non-creative name, while they will spend (waste?) precious game-playing time "customizing" theirs. My spare time is more limited, (unless I give up Kotor Tool development. Hmmm.... more free time.... more games....), so I prefer to get right to the action. As for the last name, it just popped into my head when I created my 1st KotOR character. :D One of the Kotor Tool users has told me that Tetra means something in his language, but I can't remember what (or which language!) :)
 Fred Tetra
01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
@rgdelta and Joris1:

I discovered that the 2006-1-1 release's setup program did not install a DLL (which your error messages are showing) that is needed for the text editor. The new version, v1.0.2193.42740 (2006-1-2 23:50), has this fixed. The new version of Kotor Tool uses "RTFLinenumberTextBox.dll" now.

@DIS:

I'll add them to the list

@all

I'm currently working on the maps for 401dxn and 402dxn. Are they large!
Page: 34 of 38