Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whats a n00b or Lamer?

Page: 1 of 4
 BawBag™
08-03-2003, 8:14 PM
I'm not f**king happy.
I was on a server called ........FunServer earlier and it was a massive saber+force FFA, and it was brill. An absolute riot. :)
However, later I returned to this server and started playin away. Minutes later me and 4 other guy's are being called lamers by one little pratt called Kasakur.
Why do I name him? Well, Me and the other guy's were just knobbing around and he kept attacking and getting killed by us. So he asked for an admin and I was kicked. :mad:
I know this happens all the time, but does anyone play on that server? I would like to know. (Plus, If anyone knows who Kasakur is, or if he posts here, I want to take the little twat on. I think I finally got a good knack for this game.....)

Thanks all.
 FK | unnamed
08-03-2003, 9:14 PM
I have been to that server you mentioned and yes there are a few nice people there but sadly it's gone to ****. Most of the time it's the admins insulting you or screwing with players.
 Reclaimer
08-03-2003, 9:33 PM
True so true.
 Emon
08-04-2003, 3:46 AM
N00b means noob, which is newb, which is from newbie, which is self explanitory. In general, lamers are lame people that ruin the game. Like a forum troll but for games.
 FK | unnamed
08-04-2003, 4:31 AM
In jk2 lamer has come to mean "anyone better than me" or "anyone who does not play exactly like I want them to".

me/I being the person crying "lamer".

And really, "lamer"?

What kind of stupid second grade nonsense is that?

ohh no you type killed my semi-afk three dimensional star wars character!1111 oh nooo!11

:rolleyes:
 [fk]mediablitz
08-04-2003, 8:20 AM
In jk2 lamer has come to mean "anyone who does not play exactly like I want them to".

so true.....I actually played JK2 again the other night. Some full force server called MoD. When I first got there, it was some nice action going on, FFA. Then the admin put everyone to sleep and demanded that everyone private ffa duel instead. I thought that was pretty lame, but I dueled one of their members. It was admin mod, so he had no hope of stopping my kicks. I just kicked him over and over (waiting for knockdowns) and then would dfa or go in for the red swing. None of them knew how to bounce back up off a knockdown. I was booted for "laming" for that.
yawn, when is JA being released offically? I want a CTF game
 Tosh_UK
08-04-2003, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
In jk2 lamer has come to mean "anyone better than me" or "anyone who does not play exactly like I want them to".

me/I being the person crying "lamer".

And really, "lamer"?

What kind of stupid second grade nonsense is that?

ohh no you type killed my semi-afk three dimensional star wars character!1111 oh nooo!11

/agree

I think most of the problems is when the players get to a mid lvl skill in the game, they can tasts the sweet tast of being good but cant take being owned by better players
 BawBag™
08-04-2003, 10:19 AM
All very valid points there people.
I for one am not wholly against the saber off = peace servers. Now, don't kick my ass for saying that, but those are the kind of servers I played in when I first started playing JK2. This is beneficial for inexperienced players in a way, because they can ask for a little help and some tips on playing the game.
But yes, there are servers where there are people just running around, sabers off and chatting. When you ask for a fight or press your 'duel' button, you basically get a bunch of pitiful excuses. :rolleyes:

And about the .......FunServer, I did enjoy playing there a lot and there were friendly people in there. I hope to return to it tonight actually. But I hope there's no-one that can't handle getting killed. I mean, I only recently learned Grip-Kick! Of course I'm going to try it. :p
 The Count
08-04-2003, 10:24 AM
What does 1337 mean?
 •-BLaCKouT-•
08-04-2003, 1:57 PM
I think 1337 means LEET (??)
Which is the name of this language that goes !!OMG U LAMORRXXXX!! STFU!!111 etc.
I don't understand half of it, but I guess that's the idea. Kinda like a secret language for little whiners! :D

God, I feel old. :p

B.
 Emon
08-04-2003, 3:07 PM
1337 = leet = elite without the E. 1 means L, 3 is E backwards, 7 is some perverted form of T.

Really stupid writing system. It's not a language, by the way, as a language has rules, protocols etc, this is just a new and stupid way to write English.
 Lightsaberboy
08-04-2003, 3:28 PM
one time this guy was standing on the rooftops of bespin streets and looking right at me, and i tried sniping him but he kept dodging it, then he did a taunt, and that's when i shot him and killed him, then he called me a "lamer".
another time this guy tried to get away from my attacks by going into amsit, so i used a repeater alt fire on the ground and killed him, got called a lamer....

then i got called a lamer cause a guy challenged me to a duel in a CTF game, and i kicked him down the pits. then he also called me a pussy and other stuff....
 Sithrandir
08-04-2003, 6:17 PM
I play at the Chop Shop server, where there is a rule against killing sitters. Fine and well, but it's SO annoying when idiots sit on weapon spawns. When this happens, I like to surround them with trip mines and det packs. Sit all you want... ;)

I also get people sitting down right when I'm going to attack them. I'll get people blasting me with everything they've got from a sniper position and when I jump up there, they're just sitting quietly.
 lllKyNeSlll
08-04-2003, 7:06 PM
uj your server list has greatly gotten less.
 Prime
08-04-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Emon
In general, lamers are lame people that ruin the game... And are under the age of 8.
 wassup
08-05-2003, 4:55 AM
Originally posted by Prime
And are under the age of 8.

And have the vocabulary of a 2-year old.
 Shotokan
08-05-2003, 7:36 AM
I tried to do a strafe-jump over this person and ended up kicking em on accident... Got called a lamer and myself kicked from the server...
 BawBag™
08-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by wassup
And have the vocabulary of a 2-year old.
Or very limited. I.e. 'Whoar' 'Lamer' 'Fag'
:p
 Prime
08-05-2003, 2:17 PM
And spelling is not their strong suit :)
 •-BLaCKouT-•
08-05-2003, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by Prime
And spelling is not their strong suit :)
Of course it's not. Most of them are skipping Junior School* to play it, after all ;)

B.

* I don't know what the American equivalent of Junior School is, is it Grade School? Like 7-11 yr olds? Ah well, you get the picture.
 -=DarkZero=-
08-11-2003, 3:46 AM
Originally posted by Emon
N00b means noob, which is newb, which is from newbie, which is self explanitory. In general, lamers are lame people that ruin the game. Like a forum troll but for games. I play at the Chop Shop server, where there is a rule against killing sitters. Fine and well, but it's SO annoying when idiots sit on weapon spawns. When this happens, I like to surround them with trip mines and det packs. Sit all you want...

Alright let's see...................

Noob is an overly dependant upon themselfs kind of player, not newb, newb is new player =P
Lamer was created by a noob/newb, in the same because he/she kept getting killed when they were either in chat or had their saber down, so the word was said and it stuck.
I find it rather stupid and idiotic, I mean jk2 runs on quake3 engine, but if you play quake 3 no one calls you a lamer if they're chatting and you get killed!

And as for the CS issue.
ALONG TIME AGO, there were no rules, and it was the best server ever!
Back then I was proud to go by the name of Chop Shop Fox.
Now-a days, you get *******s and complainers (which got me fired from being an admin, went around syain I was abusing my powers and crap because they were killing sitters >.>) but yeah, putting mines where people sit cout get you put to sleep, and anyway the rule changed, your not allowed to sit for a game any more, you either spectate if you want to talk, or play.
The sitting rule is still applied though for people who are going to type for a limited time, get up, and start playing again >.>
 Kurgan
08-11-2003, 7:37 PM
Ah yes, the classic discussion.

Originally, a "n00b" meant a "newbie" (ie: somebody inexperienced and new to the game), and a "lamer" was somebody who cheated at the game or was a poor sport (ie: whining, complaining, cussing at people, not taking victory/defeat very well).

Now people just toss them out like generic insults. People get called "cheaters" or "lamers" for winning, even if they did so fair and square. People get called "n00bs" just because they don't use the same tactics that other people use, or have been playing the game for years.

It's really quite sad that some people are like this, but... not much we can do about it, since they are in every game community. Just have to respect ourselves and play the way WE want to play, and not let their pettiness ruin our fun.

And we were all "n00bs" once... ; )
 Amidala from Chop Shop
08-25-2003, 5:33 AM
Originally posted by Sithrandir
I play at the Chop Shop server, where there is a rule against killing sitters. Fine and well, but it's SO annoying when idiots sit on weapon spawns. When this happens, I like to surround them with trip mines and det packs. Sit all you want... ;)

I also get people sitting down right when I'm going to attack them. I'll get people blasting me with everything they've got from a sniper position and when I jump up there, they're just sitting quietly.

I just want to clarify the "don't kill sitters" rule at my server. I started that rule to DISCOURAGE CHATTING by making it inconvenient, i.e. you had to sit to legally chat, otherwise ON YOUR FEET = LEGAL TARGET. My intention was that players who wanted to chat had to sit briefly, say whatever, then get up and back in the fight. As much as we would all like people to say nothing and just fight, it's just not realistic. Some people just have to chat, which then inevitably leads to the "LAMER!" whine. My "sit to chat" rule was (is) an attempt to deal with the reality that people are going to chat. It provided an easy comeback to the "LAMER!" whine:

noob: "LAMER!"
me: "Really? Were you sitting?"
noob: "no, but my chatbox was up"
me: "So? ON YOUR FEET = LEGAL TARGET"

noob: "LAMER!"
me: "Were you sitting?"
noob: "no, but my saber was off, and saber off = peace and luv, right?"
me: "Saber off means easier to kill, if not sitting then you have no reason to whine. ON YOUR FEET = LEGAL TARGET".

If you chased someone around the corner and they happened to put up their chatbox 1 millisecond after you started your attack, if they whined about "laming" you could always come back with "tough, you weren't sitting". We still get arguments daily from new players to our server (and lots of "honor" regulars) who say that on "every other server", any killing while chatbox is up or saber is off is "laming". We say sorry, that's not the rule here, on your feet = legal target, and since that is one of only 2 rules on the server (the other is no spawn camping) and it is clearly posted, they have to accept it or leave. Just to toss the "honor" players a crumb, I allowed them to be legally protected if they were sitting briefly while saying something, since sitting gives immunity from saber swings (but not thrown sabers, guns, or explosives), and it made it really obvious that someone is not fighting at that moment.

Unfortunately, the rule helped with the "laming" problem but it created new ones:
1. People sitting and chatting the whole map
2. People sitting to spectate
3. People sitting to avoid death
4. People sitting on the flag base on CTF maps
5. People sitting with the flag or holocrons

So now the MOTD and automated server messages remind players:
-Sit briefly to chat only
-Don't sit to spectate. If not fighting, go to spectator
-Don't sit too long, it causes hemorrhoids
-This is a battleground, not a chat room
-Hate getting chatkilled? Simple, don't chat!
-Don't sit on the flag base or with the flag
-Don't attack sitters, except flag or base sitters, they are fair game

I have also recently set the cvar g_timeouttospec = 60, so players who are inactive for 60 seconds will get kicked to spectator. So in addition to telling the "LAMER!" whiners they have no case if they weren't sitting, the admins are also telling sitters to get off their butts and into the fight, or go to spectator because they will be sent there anyway if not active. It's not a perfect solution, but it works most of the time.
 FK | unnamed
08-25-2003, 6:04 AM
emotes started out as a good idea but kind of ****ed up the game(play) imo.

not your server, I just mean jk2 in general.
 Tie Pilot
08-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Theres no hope for the lamer thing to stop in jk2 even in ctf and other games, but in JA!! i bet its going to stop with the addition of siege mode, i mean you cant not play that competitively and people will have to see that. When i get Ja and log onto a siege server for the 1st time and see whiners crying lamer, and rules saying saber=peace etc, ill go mad, siege has to be competitive and cant be a chat room, theres time limits and objectives. I really will go mad!! Sadly ffa and even Team games will never be rid of the curse. I hate the noob a**holes turning jk2 into a chat room.
 shukrallah
08-26-2003, 12:00 AM
If they run away to a dark corner (or somewhere away from the battle) i wont kill them.. but if theres fighting going on around them.. they will die :) Im ganna play right now!
 Lightsaberboy
08-26-2003, 1:31 PM
i was banned from [DEATH] apparently, and im not sure why.... none of the people there were calling me lamers and some even said i was good, and then all of a sudden, i got banned. hmm....
maybe it was cause i was in first place by 20 some kills.....nah...

anyways, the server was [DEATH] Recruiting 69.57.137.160:28070

first time i ever got banned from a server.....feels weird..
 Luc Solar
08-26-2003, 2:41 PM
Once you take the lead you can bet your ass on that someone is going to kick/ban you in a matter of seconds.

Lots of frags means that you *must* be a lamer.
 g//plaZma
08-26-2003, 3:02 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Once you take the lead you can bet your ass on that someone is going to kick/ban you in a matter of seconds.

Lots of frags means that you *must* be a lamer.

I usually get vote kicked off for having a lot of frags. :rolleyes:
 Tosh_UK
08-27-2003, 9:03 AM
Was on a clan server last night.. think they was called DSI or some thing like that. well i am only attacking players with saber on... but when i was in the middle of ganking some one, i notice that one of there clan members are pushing me (there saber was off) well to me, if you are using force on some one saber on OR off you free game no! well anyways they sleep me for laming hahahaha then when i am pointing out that why use the force on me with your saber off they got upset and kick me out. got to say that there server was sooo laggy that it was not easy walking around and not hit some one with ya saber.. hooo put your saber down! well if i did that no one would be fighting lol. anyways i am not the best FFA fighter well i can say i am crap at ffa. yet this clan had to sleep me becuse i was laming hahaha to many noob clans out there me thinks.

and i will fight any one to show you how bad i am at FFA... just give me a flag and point me in the direction i need to run and thats what i am good at
 BobaFett123456
08-30-2003, 3:42 AM
:fett: I keep hearing ppl saying that there stradagie s kicking, how do you kick?(Excuse my n00bnishness.)
 BobaFett123456
08-30-2003, 3:51 AM
:fett: I keep hearing ppl saying that there stradagy kicking, how do you kick?(Excuse my n00bnishness.) Always on subject;) . And as for the all this about peaple getting called lamer and n00b you'll live:) . But for the admins banning peaple that's just not right!!! This is an action\adventure game it doesn't matter if your sabers off,your sitting ,or your chatbox is on!!! That should make you an easy target!!!! I mean if I'm pointing a rocket launcher at your head and my saber is off and i'm sitting does that mean you can't kill me?!!! *getting very evil idies* Well that's just my opinion and if you don't agree with me than i'm sorry:rolleyes: :fett:
 TK-8252
08-30-2003, 3:11 PM
Originally posted by Tosh_UK
Was on a clan server last night.. think they was called DSI or some thing like that. well i am only attacking players with saber on... but when i was in the middle of ganking some one, i notice that one of there clan members are pushing me (there saber was off) well to me, if you are using force on some one saber on OR off you free game no! well anyways they sleep me for laming hahahaha then when i am pointing out that why use the force on me with your saber off they got upset and kick me out. got to say that there server was sooo laggy that it was not easy walking around and not hit some one with ya saber.. hooo put your saber down! well if i did that no one would be fighting lol. anyways i am not the best FFA fighter well i can say i am crap at ffa. yet this clan had to sleep me becuse i was laming hahaha to many noob clans out there me thinks.

and i will fight any one to show you how bad i am at FFA... just give me a flag and point me in the direction i need to run and thats what i am good at

This is what I hate. Now, I usually obey the server rules. But when someone lames me, I lame him back. I don't need the all-powerful big boss man to protect me. I have a Lightsaber, I'm gonna cut some people!
 Kurgan
08-31-2003, 7:08 AM
Easy solution to the "chat killing" problem:

1) Only chat in spectator mode or when you're dead. Or better yet... go to mIRC or use a chat program, don't waste the server's bandwidth talking!! Besides, who cares about your lame conversation in this game anyway?

2) Pick a quiet spot on the map and talk there. If you happen to get killed, don't whine about it, since it's your own fault you weren't ready.

Emotes that make a person invulnerable (or nearly invulnerable) are positively moronic, and thus people who run those mods are responsible for any problems they cause.

Frankly, I find a lot of people whine about stuff that is totally preventable, but instead of trying to prevent the problem, they just drop themselves in the situation then complain. It gets old fast...

And of course, its the right of any server owner to make their own rules and enforce them, but c'mon. I think a lot of the crap is due to these stupid admin and emote mods...

With all the vote kick abuse and "lame admin" activity that you hear about here, it almost sounds like the best servers would be the ones where no admin is present and voting is turned off. Then again, admins could simply be a little less petty... and players a little less whiney.. ; )
 Tosh_UK
09-01-2003, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
This is what I hate. Now, I usually obey the server rules. But when someone lames me, I lame him back. I don't need the all-powerful big boss man to protect me. I have a Lightsaber, I'm gonna cut some people!

/agree and the only players i was going after was with there sabers on... but noticed the admin helping his buddy with push and pull.. and when i started on the admin and he could not kill me with out his powers he then sleep me.
 Arreat
09-01-2003, 1:20 PM
Newb = noob = n00b = nub noobie = newbie

Noob or the above mentioned words are usually referred to as one who is new to the game or better yet one who doesn't know the basics to gaming. Noob can also mean one who is inferior to another gaming wise.

1337 =leet =elite

1337 usually means one who is superior upon all. In Bawbags case Bawbag is the elite between kasakur and him.
 Luc Solar
09-01-2003, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by Arreat
Newb = noob = n00b = nub noobie = newbie
Noob or the above mentioned words are usually referred to as one who is new to the game or better yet one who doesn't know the basics to gaming. Noob can also mean one who is inferior to another gaming wise.

It's funny...in JO the meaning of the word "noob" has changed into something entirely different than the good old "new-to-the-game".

It's become a general insult to anyone who does anything that you don't think is cool atm.

For example if I see 12 people in a mad DFA-frenzy I can walk in there with my saber down and declare anyone who even touches me with his saber a "noob".

Also if I make up a rule, f.ex. >> only noobfags kick 'cause they have no saborz-skill, I can use this insult on anyone who kicks.

The best thing about it is that if someone is labeled as "noob", one can (and definitely should!) try to lame him as much as possible and if he won't die; vote kick him off the server or tell an admin to sleep/slap him.

The same goes for "lamer" as well. Actually "lamer" and "noob" are almost synonyms. The terms are used by the same people in the same circumstances and they both have the same results: whining + kick/ban

God bless the honourable JO community! :)
 Darth_Misery
09-06-2003, 2:59 AM
I've been going through the same BS. It seems like "lamer" is beginning to apply to just about anyone who shows up to a server to actually play the damned game.

By all means, I firmly believe that you shouldn't attack people with their saber down or when they're chatting. I think that's pretty reasonable. Here are some of my most recent "lame" JK2 experiences online:

Had saber down, got struck by one of those guys running around in the blue stance slashing at everything. Turned saber on to defend. One of the clan members whose server I was on walked around the corner and into my blade while I was trying to hack my opponent up. It was completely accidental. Got called a "lamer" by the clan member and immediately got slapped by the admin on duty. Left server and will never return.

Participated in an FFA on another clan server recently and got called a "lamer" by a clan member. I was actually having a good time on the server and was thinking about bookmarking it. I still for the life of me haven't figured out why just playing the game in an FFA environment causes a "lamer" response from a clan member. Yes, I did use the kick a few times (GOD FORBID!) in the FFA and yes, I did kill the aforementioned clan member quite a few times. Left server and will never return.

Got called a "lamer" on another clan server because I didn't use the red stance. You know, the overused and ridiculously easy to avoid red 1-2-3 move? Well, I just don't use the red stance much because there are too many holes in the swings. Anyway, I defeated the "elite" clan member with blue and yellow swings and was labeled a "lamer" for it. Left server and will never return.

Folks, this is a game right? Not in this day and age. You really have to look and dig hard to find a server where more than 10% of the people actually play. Most servers are nothing but OpenGL chatrooms and emote whackoff sessions or the players are more interested in pointing fingers ("lamer!").

So, if you get called "lamer" and you aren't one of those people who chat kills or kills people with their sabers off, chances are that you:

A) enter a server with the intent to play versus chat or stand around enjoying your emote binds.
B) use more than one stance and one combo (my personal favorite "lame" thing to do).

Suggestion......

If you want to avoid the whole "lamer" nonsense, try a pure FFA server with all weapons and all Force powers. I'm talking a plain, vanilla JK2 game (not any of the Vulcanus Admin mod servers, not any of the Jedi Academy servers and definitely be VERY careful when entering a clan server... very hit and miss). That's the only place that I've found where most of the players really just want to play and could care less how they live or die. If you're into JK2 for the sabers-only thing well, that's a bit more tricky since most of the sabers-only servers are running Vulcanus or Academy and then you have the emote parties to sift through.

Remember when this game first came out? It was just people on servers having fun. What happened?
 Luc Solar
09-06-2003, 5:40 AM
Agreed. It seems we have the same problem.

Although I do not see any reason for walking around saber down...so there is really no need for "saber down = peace". Also; if you feel like typing in mid battle, you obviously don't care much about seeing your virtual jedi die & respawn.

If you don't wanna play, stay in spec mode or better yet: go to MSN messenger or ICQ ir IRC adn stop wasting bandwith. If you log on to a FFA, you better be *playing*.

This is something everyone should understand. When JA comes out I will royally **** up anyone who is dumb enough to assume that a JA FFA is a chatroom. :mad:
 TK-8252
09-06-2003, 5:46 AM
You seem to have a problem, Luc. You must be joining clan servers that have rules that they expect guests to follow. If a clan wants to use their personal clan server for meetings or just messing around, they have every right to do so. You have NO right to go mess up other people's servers. You would not have problems with people who obey rules if you would join a server that has no rules. It's as simple as that. You hang with your kind of people, I'll hang with mine.
 Tie Pilot
09-06-2003, 9:20 AM
You seem to have a problem, Luc. You must be joining clan servers that have rules that they expect guests to follow. If a clan wants to use their personal clan server for meetings or just messing around, they have every right to do so. You have NO right to go mess up other people's servers. You would not have problems with people who obey rules if you would join a server that has no rules. It's as simple as that. You hang with your kind of people, I'll hang with mine.

Thats the problem the rpg crowd usually dont stay with their servers, they go to public ones like CTF, and even cry if u kill them with thier saber down in that!!:eek: Im all for them having thier own servers, but it gets sorta annoying when about 90% of servers are rpging ones!! In addition ill also **** up any of the rpg crowd who thinks Ja is a virtual chatroom:D
 Luc Solar
09-06-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh gee, TK8252MJL, why didn't I think of that!?!

Perhaps you'd like to give me the addresses of, say... 15 servers to which I can simply log on and start playing the game without having to worry about being called a lamer and getting kicked or banned.

Shouldn't be too difficult a task, right? :rolleyes:
 Rumor
09-06-2003, 12:09 PM
would you believe that clans were created for competition? (competiton means actually playing the game)

:eek:
 Luc Solar
09-06-2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Rumor
would you believe that clans were created for competition? (competiton means actually playing the game)

:eek:

nooOOO..?? :eek: Are you serious? Are you ****ting me? That can't be true?!? Seriously? "Competition"?? "Playing the game"?? ROFL!! ....no way dude...no f'king way! That's BS! :confused:

What planet have you been living on?? :D
 TK-8252
09-07-2003, 1:07 AM
I only go to 2 servers: JK2Files.com, and Chop Shop Disruption. I don't know the other ones. And since 99% of the servers have the rules that you don't like, there must be more people who like the rules than those who don't. Just face it. And it's going to be like that in Jedi Academy too. There is nothing you can do to stop it.
 g//plaZma
09-07-2003, 3:21 AM
I only go to 2 servers: JK2Files.com, and Chop Shop Disruption. I don't know the other ones. And since 99% of the servers have the rules that you don't like, there must be more people who like the rules than those who don't. Just face it. And it's going to be like that in Jedi Academy too. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

JK2Crap.com is the only server that you go to that follows these rules then.

Chop Shop Disruption is a great server, IMO. I go there once in a while but whenever I do, it's a great experience. No one complains ever and that's what I like.

Anyways, Sure... every server has its own rules. I go to a server (g//ffa) that used to clearly state in the MotD that there is no whining about laming or losing. However, Every noob that would get killed would instantly yell "LAMER" as if thinking he can enforce his anti-playing laws on this particular server. As of late though, the server has been set to full weapons. This greatly decreased the amount of whining noobs. I still see some people complaining about me blasting them with a flechette round though.

The funniest complaint I have gotten was "all you do is jump around and blast people with that blaster thing" which I am under the influence you're supposed to do in every first person shooter. Otherwise, if you stay still, you're dead pretty quick.
 TK-8252
09-07-2003, 3:36 AM
You gotta love the Chop Shop. One hit kills... MY kind of game!

There is no way to stop people from being idiots. People who try to enforce their personal rules in other servers can not be stopped. You just have to face the fact... People will be stupid. But the main reason that people in the servers are so dumb is because a lot of players are 11 or 12 years old!

BTW, a server to avoid (and you have probably been banned from): . Their admins are the definition of a person who likes power to crush and humiliate people. I joined, I ran around saber down, not chatting or fighting, and BOOM! Server disconnected. [JsR]TK-8252 was kicked (Reason: Lammer and winer). I thought WTF?! So I rejoin, then join spectator, ask why I was kicked, no one answers. So after a while, I join in. Same situation. BOOM! [JsR]TK-8252 was kicked (Reason: Lammer and winer). Screw that! I'm not going back to that s*** server.
 Pyro
09-07-2003, 3:52 AM
You gotta love the Chop Shop. One hit kills... MY kind of game!

There is no way to stop people from being idiots. People who try to enforce their personal rules in other servers can not be stopped. You just have to face the fact... People will be stupid. But the main reason that people in the servers are so dumb is because a lot of players are 11 or 12 years old!

BTW, a server to avoid (and you have probably been banned from): . Their admins are the definition of a person who likes power to crush and humiliate people. I joined, I ran around saber down, not chatting or fighting, and BOOM! Server disconnected. [JsR]TK-8252 was kicked (Reason: Lammer and winer). I thought WTF?! So I rejoin, then join spectator, ask why I was kicked, no one answers. So after a while, I join in. Same situation. BOOM! [JsR]TK-8252 was kicked (Reason: Lammer and winer). Screw that! I'm not going back to that s*** server.

stop wasting e-space ^
 Lightsaberboy
09-07-2003, 5:18 AM
maybe the server doesnt like people who arent actually playing.
 Luc Solar
09-07-2003, 7:21 AM
Heh...I think it's one hell of a good reason to kick someone if they don't PLAY. It makes a lot more sense than all the other 2349852638573 rules out there.

The idiots CAN be stopped. They WILL be stopped. Once people realize that everyone should just STFU and play the game they will A) not tell all newbies to follow their honourable Jedi code of anti-playing anymore and B) quit bitching about every god damn thing that kills them.

Newsflash: People DON'T like honour codes. People DON'T follow honour codes. Even the most honourable Jedi of all drops all codes the second he sees someone "laming". It's pure BS and we all know it.

In JA there hopefully will not be retarded admin mods with power tripping admins looking for excuses to use their power.

I went on a few servers yesterday for the first time in gods knows how long. I got kicked from FSJ. I got kicked from LOL server 1 and 2. I got kicked from BOSS and just about every other server on the list with a 100-ish ping.

The only server where I finally managed to play for a while was a basejk server i.e. NO MODS. Sure people called me a lamer, a fag, a dick and a noob. Someone also threw a <<No force noob! Force = no skill>> bind at me...which was somewhat hilarious since it was a full force server. And a few times I was challeged to a duel by guys who would've rather died from my idle saber damage than attacked me even though I told them again and again "Please attack me. It is a FFA. You're free to attack me hit me kills me please just FIGHT."

As a conclusion:

A modded server = a BS anti-playing server. You get kicked within 3 minutes if you PLAY.

A basejk server with voting disabled = a chance to PLAY and have fun as long as you are able to disregard the retardedness of 85% fo the players.

How many basejk servers are there? The All-Seeing Eye lists about 150 servers at the moment. Out of all these only 9 are basejk. 3 out of the 9 seems to run 1.03 yawspeed-backstabbing. To 4 of these I get a 400+ ping. One seems to be multi-duel which means it's no FFA.

Sigh... I hate mods.

EDIT: Did not kill saber down. Did not use lightning. Did not kill people who were typing. All comments I made were along the lines of "n1/gf/lol".
Page: 1 of 4