Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whats a n00b or Lamer?

Page: 2 of 4
 Jiobi
09-08-2003, 4:31 AM
I've played jk2 only since the day 1.04 was released. I've since soon started to hate the majority of people who play it. Newbies, need to be taught. We were all n00bs at one time. So don't be a prick. And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace. Chatkilling means you are skilless. I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying. But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

:fett: As you wish..
 Jiobi
09-08-2003, 4:34 AM
HOLY ****. My ie F***ed up and it put the post three times... odd.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-08-2003, 9:28 AM
Tip of the day:
If you click edit on your own post, and then check the delete box and click the delete button, you can delete your double / triple / quadruple posts.

Just so you know, mate ;) It happens to me a lot as well. Damn that Gates fella.

B.
 [SiN]-KDrej
09-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Jiobi
And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace. Chatkilling means you are skilless. I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying. But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

:rolleyes:

those stupid "rules" ruin it for me.

Also CONSTANTLY bitching about those stupid made up "rules" that you think are the "law" in a video game gets annoying.

Put your saber up, zip your lip and play.
 g//plaZma
09-08-2003, 11:59 AM
I've played jk2 only since the day 1.04 was released. I've since soon started to hate the majority of people who play it. Newbies, need to be taught. We were all n00bs at one time. So don't be a prick. And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace. Chatkilling means you are skilless. I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying. But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

Plz stfu. Play Quake3 and put your gun down. (it's not an option but if it was) Or complain about chatkilling. You will be laughed at.

I don't really understand why people keep their sabers down in JK2. Why would you want to be unarmed in an FPS? Also, why would you chat in one? That's for chatrooms or whatever messengers you use, not for games. Games were made for playing.

And plz before saying combos like pull-throw-kick are cheap, learn it. Dodging pull-throws by rolling in different directions works. It's very easy to run away from things by calling them "cheap" and "unskillful." But it's harder to learn how to avoid or use these "cheap" and "unskillful" tactics.

EDIT: By the way, those "ground rules" you have stated are not mentioned in the JK2 user manual. If these rules are so important, I don't see why they are not in there.
 Luc Solar
09-08-2003, 4:44 PM
I've played jk2 only since the day 1.04 was released. I've since soon started to hate the majority of people who play it.

Oh! Me too me too! :bounce1:

Newbies, need to be taught. We were all n00bs at one time. So don't be a prick.

Eh, noobs? Need to be taught? What do you mean? Because they're easy kills and you want more challenging fights? Are you referring to people who rocket themselves by accident? People who can't strafe jump? People who fall of ledges before you have a chance to hit 'em?

And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace.

Excuse me? What kind of rule is that? Where does it say that? And like g//plaZma pointed out; why would anyone be saber down in the first place??? :confused:

Chatkilling means you are skilless.

How come? I thought it meant killing someone when they're chatting. :confused:

I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying.

That's cheap? You know what *I* think is cheap? >> hitting me when my defences aren't up. Hitting me in my back f.ex after I have missed a DFA. Using a big gun when I'm only armed with a bryar. Using those explosive little thingies that always kill me. Now *that's* what I think is cheap! Oh yeah: and pulling my gun is cheap too! And snipers! I hate snipers! :swear:

...Starting to get the picture? :rolleyes:

But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

Well here's a newsflash for ya: the world does not revolve around you. People do not log on to Jedi Outcast servers just so that they can make your gaming experience as fun as possible. They log on because they want to play.

Who are you to tell me how I should play a game that I've bought? Why would I listen to you? Am I supposed to stand around Bespin with my saber down for 5 hours straight just because that makes YOUR gaming experience more fun?

Give me one reason why I should give a **** about what you think? Give me a single reason why I should respect your absurd opinion on how JO should be played? Because otherwise you'll sleep me and kick + ban me?

Oh and explain to me why my opinion matters not.

Newsflash 2: THERE ARE NO RULES. No rules. No ground rules. No nothing. It's all in your head. You THINK there are rules and therefore JO has become nothing but "whinewhine *gasp* LAMERLAMERZ YOU LAMED MEEE!!! whinewhinewhine" all day everyday on servers. Nobody plays because they're too busy trying to enforce their bs rules upon others. Isn't that just a little bit sad? Do you really want that in JA too?

Here's an idea: how 'bout we just STFU and play the game? Defeat opponent. Score points. Win game. Ring a bell?
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-08-2003, 6:06 PM
I think it'd be a fair observation to make that this thread has turned into flaming.
Flaming is against the rules is it not?

You're also getting wound up to heart-attack point over... a video game. Go and see things outside your house.

B.
 Luc Solar
09-08-2003, 6:59 PM
•-BLaCKouT-• is right. I feel very strongly for this issue and I'm pissed off. I'll just take a nap and come back when I feel less hostile. :)
 TK-8252
09-08-2003, 7:54 PM
Originally posted by Pyro
stop wasting e-space ^

Something that only bantha fodder could say... Now YOU are wasting e-space.

The people in were all standing around chatting saber down, except for a couple private dueling on the pad. So I was doing exactly what they were. And Luc, It's hard to believe that someone would be stupid enough to even have a bind that sayed <<No force noob! Force = no skill>>. What a stupid thing to have binded! And used in a FULL FORCE SERVER!
:lol:

BTW, I follow server rules, and I do use Force, kick, big guns, sniper rifles, and I never have problems (except in ).
 g//plaZma
09-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Something that only bantha fodder could say... Now YOU are wasting e-space.

Pyro > You

therefore you = wasting e-space

gg
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by g//plaZma
Pyro > You

therefore you = wasting e-space

gg

Okay, that's confusing. :confused:
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 5:31 AM
I AGREE
 [fk]mediablitz
09-09-2003, 5:51 AM
I only go to 2 servers: JK2Files.com, and Chop Shop Disruption. I don't know the other ones. And since 99% of the servers have the rules that you don't like, there must be more people who like the rules than those who don't. Just face it. And it's going to be like that in Jedi Academy too. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

aah ha ha...JK2 files server is full of n00bs. I've been kicked from that server simply for being good more times then I can count.
 Darklighter
09-09-2003, 5:54 AM
Enough with the spamming and flaming, everyone. Keep it nice and friendly debating please, no more full blown arguements.
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 6:06 AM
I WILL HUNT LAMERS I AM A LAMER BOUNTY HUNTER.
 Tosh_UK
09-09-2003, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Heh...I think it's one hell of a good reason to kick someone if they don't PLAY. It makes a lot more sense than all the other 2349852638573 rules out there.

I thought it was 2349852638574 rules out there! or have i counted 1 twice :p
 Bladedog
09-09-2003, 11:24 AM
So I've been playing this game MP for less than a month now. I play CTF, FFA and Duel (mind you Duel is a bit tedious when there are 16 people on the server and so you get one go every 10 minutes or so and I only last about 10 seconds :D )

When I started I was getting continually smacked silly. Everyone had me for breakfast. I didn't have a clue. What that mean't was that I got really p*ss*d off (no I mean REALLY p*ss*d off) very quickly thinking that everyone was cheating (they weren't they just knew tricks that I didn't).

Well time has progressed and I'm getting better every game. I regularly beat people 1 on 1 in FFA and can score good points in CTF. I still get kicked/grip-kicked/pull-kicked/thrown off ledges/DFA'd you name it, and it still gets me annoyed but at the end of the day no matter who they are if they can pull that move on me and I am unable to counter it then at that moment they are better than I am. What's the point in whining about it. Next time I'll be better prepared and maybe they won't be able to pull the same move.

I do respect the server at the end of the day. If its "sabre off = peace" then that is what I will do. Actually I have used a server like that a few times. It enabled me to improve my duelling skills quite considerably without interuption but after a while it got boring when no-one wants to fight.
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 3:54 PM
IF THEY HAD HONOR THEY WOULD NOT DO THE KICK PULLING THEY WOULD DRAW SABER AND ENGAGE IN COMBAT LIKE A TRUE KNIGHT.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-09-2003, 4:07 PM
Is this guy for real? :confused:

B.
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 4:19 PM
I AM BEST JEDI IN GALAXY.

WHEN I GO TO SERVER LAMERS RUN TO HIDE ON ROOF BUT I FIND THEM AND END THEM.

I MAKE SERVER SAFE FOR ALL JEDI FRIENDS.
 Tie Pilot
09-09-2003, 5:49 PM
I AM BEST JEDI IN GALAXY.

WHEN I GO TO SERVER LAMERS RUN TO HIDE ON ROOF BUT I FIND THEM AND END THEM.

I MAKE SERVER SAFE FOR ALL JEDI FRIENDS.

IF THEY HAD HONOR THEY WOULD NOT DO THE KICK PULLING THEY WOULD DRAW SABER AND ENGAGE IN COMBAT LIKE A TRUE KNIGHT.

Laughing my ass off, you need a life.

If this rubbish was a joke: then good one! ;)

If it was not: I pity you :(
 TRUE_HONOR_JEDI
09-09-2003, 5:51 PM
WUT U N00BZ NEED IS TRUE JEDI HONOR =S CUZ WITHOUT IT U R N00BZ AND CAN ONLY LAME LOLOLOLOLMFAO
 Tie Pilot
09-09-2003, 5:54 PM
lmao, theres 2 of them, well maybe u should be the one who should p*** off and go learn how to play jk2without using dumb rules to protect yourself from being owned lmao(sorry for flaming couldnt resist), again if this is a joke(i doubt it ) good one....
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 6:24 PM
WTF
I DEFEND HONOR OF THE GALAXY AND YOU CHALLENGE ME

I WOULD REPORT THIS TO MODERATOR BUT I AM A KNIGHT OF JUSTICE AND I USE MY BLADE TO DEAL WITH LAMERS

NAME TIME AND PLACE TIE FIGHTER PILOT AND I WILL TEACH YOU TRUE POWER OF THE FORCES

PICK SERVER AND TIME AND I STRIKE YOU DOWN AND BRING ORDER BACK TO GALAXY
 Tie Pilot
09-09-2003, 6:28 PM
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i bet your like a 5 year old.......looooooooooooooool pm me if u want a challenge, lmao, report me please :)
 BawBag™
09-09-2003, 6:31 PM
:lol:
Gotta love this guy. BTW, whats a n00b or lamer? :p
 |GG|Carl
09-09-2003, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by [LAMER HUNTER]
WTF
I DEFEND HONOR OF THE GALAXY AND YOU CHALLENGE ME

I WOULD REPORT THIS TO MODERATOR BUT I AM A KNIGHT OF JUSTICE AND I USE MY BLADE TO DEAL WITH LAMERS

NAME TIME AND PLACE TIE FIGHTER PILOT AND I WILL TEACH YOU TRUE POWER OF THE FORCES

PICK SERVER AND TIME AND I STRIKE YOU DOWN AND BRING ORDER BACK TO GALAXY
:eyeraise:
Bring back order in the galaxy?

You're nuts:nut:...
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by Tie Pilot
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i bet your like a 5 year old.......looooooooooooooool pm me if u want a challenge, lmao, report me please :)

OK WE BATTLE NOW
I FIND SERVER GIVE ME SECOND
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 6:40 PM
OK BATTLE TIME

GO HERE FOR LESSON IN WAY OF JEDI

<> Clan Server 69.57.142.30:27961
 Tie Pilot
09-09-2003, 6:45 PM
jeez dont anything go into your head, i said pm me, but ok i might be there ill be a while most likely. Gives you some time to enjoy your rpging before i "lame" all your asses.
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-09-2003, 6:48 PM
YOU DO NOT GO NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK SITH AND FEAR MY BLADE OF JUSTICE.
 BawBag™
09-09-2003, 6:55 PM
Originally posted by Tie Pilot
jeez dont anything go into your head, i said pm me, but ok i might be there ill be a while most likely. Gives you some time to enjoy your rpging before i "lame" all your asses.
:rofl:
*Shakes TP's hand*
Feckin good one. :D
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by [fk]mediablitz
aah ha ha...JK2 files server is full of n00bs. I've been kicked from that server simply for being good more times then I can count.

I know that's an exaggeration because I find it hard to get punished in the JK2Files.com Server. (But watch out for the admin called M. Chrono) You have to be laming out loud to get a mere sleep, then you will probably get many more warnings before a kick. And actually, 80% of the regulars at that server are very skilled. There is usually an FFA going on, it's not like the clan servers.
 Tie Pilot
09-09-2003, 7:45 PM
Lamer hunter ive been waiting in the server are you coming on or not....

i dont know about jkfiles but i stick to ctf united coruscant
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 8:04 PM
I have a feeling that Lamer Hunter is joking. Either that or is all talk.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-09-2003, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by [LAMER HUNTER]
OK BATTLE TIME

GO HERE FOR LESSON IN WAY OF JEDI

<> Clan Server 69.57.142.30:27961
Well, a load of us showed up. No sign of you though. Unless you were there in pseudonym and we whupped you of course ;)
30 mins of FFA madness, no rules: just chatkilling, amsitting, RDFA spamming and general carnage. You guys would have been proud ;)

B.
 BawBag™
09-09-2003, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by •-BLaCKouT-•
Well, a load of us showed up. No sign of you though. Unless you were there in pseudonym and we whupped you of course ;)
30 mins of FFA madness, no rules: just chatkilling, amsitting, RDFA spamming and general carnage. You guys would have been proud ;)

B.
Exactly. That's how it's done. BTW, who is the admin here? whats the password? :p
 g//plaZma
09-09-2003, 10:30 PM
It doesn't take a genious to figure out that [LAMER HUNTER] is kidding and he's obviously someone that just made a new account for the purpose of this joke. :rolleyes:

BTW, no one in JK2Files is skilled. Sorry.
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 10:34 PM
I can name one person off the top of my head: ShroomDuck. No one can beat him.
 Lightsaberboy
09-09-2003, 10:38 PM
what are you talking about, ive seen people beat him. i think ive beaten him before too, but i cant remember...
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Well, I've killed him once or twice, but that doesn't mean you're better than someone. How many times has he killed you...?
 Lightsaberboy
09-09-2003, 10:45 PM
probably more than ive beaten him. i was just merely correcting your statement when you said "no one can beat him":p
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Lightsaberboy
probably more than ive beaten him. i was just merely correcting your statement when you said "no one can beat him":p

Oh. Well, never mind then.
 g//plaZma
09-09-2003, 10:51 PM
One good person doesn't make the whole server good, sorry.

BTW Shroom is a mapper for that UT2003 Troopers mod.
 TK-8252
09-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Here's somemore. AmosMagee, AtLas, M. Chrono, DarkOne, Spidey, I'll get back with more.
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-10-2003, 2:12 AM
I WENT TO SERVER AFTER I MADE POST. NO ONE CAME ONLY ME AND AP IKON AND A BOT NAMED CLIENT BOT.

LOOK AT MY POST TIME THEN YOURS, YOU WENT OVER AN HOUR AFTER I WENT AND LEFT BECAUSE YOU NOT THERE.

I CAN NOT SIT IN A SERVER ALL DAY, I WAIT 10 MINUTES NO ONE COME I LEAVE.

LET US MAKE REAL SCHEDULED MATCH AND I WILL PROVE I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU LAMERS.

TIME AND DATE SAY TOMORROW 2 P.M. EST YOU MEET ME HERE AND WE GO TO SERVER AND I DESTROY YOU?

SOUND LIKE DEAL TO ME IF YOU NOT SCARED.
 Tie Pilot
09-10-2003, 5:58 AM
....yes i said id be a while, then just before i went in i sent a pm, and you were online sounds to me like your scared

Maybe he is joking i dunno, but maybe he let it go abit to far...:o
 [LAMER HUNTER]
09-10-2003, 6:13 AM
I GAVE YOU A CHANCE TO PLAY, YOU NO SHOW.

TIME IS STATED ABOVE BE HERE I WILL DESTROY YOU TOMORROW IF YOU DO NOT MAKE MORE EXCUSES.
 TRUE_HONOR_JEDI
09-10-2003, 7:19 AM
omg wut am ah hereing??? =S

frist of all and this 2 Lamer Hunter u r not true jedi that much is plan i will own u that much u no and ever1 here agree on =P so that 20 moutheses saying i better then u hm k

k now that that out of way i challenge all of u at once 2 fight me cuz i am that good and when u no show that prove u have no true skill and rulez r simple no laming and no cheap movez got it newbiez k thx bye
 Tosh_UK
09-10-2003, 8:35 AM
/em smells a rat a Fat Kind of rat!!!!
but maybe i am wrong :p
Page: 2 of 4