Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Jedi Academy Info. *WARNING: Spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
07-31-2003, 8:23 PM
[Super Mod's Note: Info removed due to possible link to interview playing the beta]
 Reclaimer
07-31-2003, 8:46 PM
Cool I can't wait for it.
 Kurgan
07-31-2003, 9:08 PM
Who is being asked the questions? They don't sound very knowledgable about the game (which would be exceedingly odd if they were a Raven person who actually worked on it). Especially their answer to the Concussion rifle question.

Hmmm....
 griff38
07-31-2003, 9:15 PM
Who Knows man, but thanks for the info anyway!

Especially the part about........... OOPs. hehe
 Darth Vicious
07-31-2003, 9:32 PM
heh. In regards to this question==

(Q) If you choose to have two lightsabers, do you have to option to put one of the aside and fight with one saber only? Or are you bound to always using two sabers, if that's your choice?

It wasn't really answered, but definetely seems like a NO.
 Neverhoodian
07-31-2003, 11:20 PM
Well, the info seems plausible. I didn't really see anything that wasn't really off-the-wall. If the info is true, it sounds like it's gonna be great. The Swoop bike level in particular sounds awesome.
 Prime
07-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Who is being asked the questions? They don't sound very knowledgable about the game (which would be exceedingly odd if they were a Raven person who actually worked on it). Especially their answer to the Concussion rifle question.

Hmmm.... Indeed. No link or reference at all. I think I'll disregard this information :)
 Mr.Joshua
07-31-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
heh. In regards to this question==

It wasn't really answered, but definetely seems like a NO.

You can morph the saber staff into a single bladed saber and you can shut down one of the sabers when you have two. Problem is you're limited to one stance each if you do this.
 t3rr0r
08-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Indeed. No link or reference at all. I think I'll disregard this information :)
that's not what kurgan is getting at...
 txa1265
08-01-2003, 1:04 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Joshua
You can morph the saber staff into a single bladed saber and you can shut down one of the sabers when you have two. Problem is you're limited to one stance each if you do this.

Can you please edit your answer and put it in SPOILER, since it obviously came from direct knowledge of a WAREZ copy you have already admitted that you or others in your clan possess illegally.

Mike
 wassup
08-01-2003, 1:24 AM
The Concussion Rifle is back, I am 100% sure, because I played a demo of Jedi Academy at Comic-Con. Whenever I fired the gun, it would push my character backwards, I thought this was really cool, dunno if it did the same thing in Jedi Knight 1.
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-01-2003, 1:39 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan

Hmmm....

you got a point there. i was just passing a few sites and i came a cross this. the one with the swoop is very cool can not wait for that.
 HertogJan
08-01-2003, 6:17 AM
Believe me JA Beta is no longer a secret anymore, there must be a lot of sites now with screens and info... Maybe that's where he got the info??
 Anakin1607
08-01-2003, 6:24 AM
Hey Outcast,

With dual sabers, what's the special attack like? Is your character actually using the force to swing the sabers around like a sheild. Or is it hand twerling?

What's the damage effect with the Concussion Rifle? Is it blue pillars of flame (DF) a huge blue white explosion (JKII) or something new?

Any other cool multi Jedi vs Sith cult fights like we've seen in the latest screen shots?

Finally, can you give an answer as to about how many heads, bodies etc there are for each category of species/gender?
 The Truthful Liar
08-01-2003, 6:26 AM
Most probably.
 frozenfood54
08-03-2003, 8:56 PM
His info is true...my friend downloaded the beta and he showed me
 Hellfire Jedi
08-03-2003, 9:18 PM
No warez talk please!
 Rogue15
08-03-2003, 10:14 PM
sounds cool. must get.

warrant for your arrest.

;]
 Lach
08-03-2003, 10:22 PM
I hope its all true, sounds great!
 Rockstar
08-03-2003, 11:33 PM
im pissed off that the lightstaff is the best! gosh darn it! meh, i also think it stupid that the alternate weapons HAVE access to the single blade, even tho it is one stance, many players only use one stance...

... i hope this is not what they have done for mp....... i reeeaaally don't........
 Gabrobot
08-03-2003, 11:54 PM
I don't see it as a problem...dual sabers has a larger area, but when you switch to one saber you can only use the blue stance which is close ranged...the lightstaff has a close range, but when you switch to a single blade it uses the yellow stance which has a larger range...

I would also like to point out that it was only the opinion of the person who played JA, that the lightstaff was best...another person, who played JA at Comic-Con, said that they liked dual sabers better.
 Detakkaman
08-04-2003, 2:35 AM
Ultra spoilers to answer questions.

The thing about dual sabers is that they do little damage. You may have a wider range and advanced defense, however every time you swing or twirl... obviously in reality you wouldn't be able to deal an extremely hard blow with a sword if you're twirling them around like mad. There are certain special moves that make them worthwile though.

And lightstaff is probably the best. You'll be seeing the smacktards that spam backswing in jo spamming the roundhouse kick/ultra fast spin move with the lance like mad. It takes 50 force points but is a devastating AE effect. Luckily you can force push them out of the way quite easily.

Anakin1607: Twirling with the sabers. And the extra defense is pretty much your avatar puts the two blades together to form a cross + with the sabers and blocks. The concussion rifle's main fire is a fast flying blue ball which doesnt do much damage directly but flings whoever you hit with or near an upwards of 20 feet away. The secondary fire is a direct blue beam, like a rail gun. Funny thing is if you're quick enough you can deflect the main fire on the concussion rifle, and it flings directly back at the firer. This happens in SP mainly...

And the heads/bodies? 3 heads per male character, about 7 different jacket textures and 4 pants. Females have about 6 heads.

And to Rockstar, it is precisely like that in MP.

Oh yeah, and there is an official Fett model with 3 skins.

As with "JEDI OUTCAST" I saw this information on a "site" and was just passing it along...
 defalc
08-04-2003, 3:16 AM
Official :fett:...sweeeet.
 Rockstar
08-04-2003, 9:10 AM
do the lightstaffs kicks knock down or just push back? i hope they push back unless the player is airborn.

kicks caused hatred of the game and led to many JO players leaving the scene because it just turned into kicking (which is f**king stupid! who in their right mind would kick someone when you have a LIGHTSABER in your hands!?!?!) the only time you EVER would do so would be if you had your opponents' sabers tied up or you were in a close-up saber lock (and even then you only would if you were being pushed down)

what are the kicks like with the staff?
 HertogJan
08-04-2003, 10:06 AM
As seen in the screens, the kicks with the staff are normal kicks like you would do in real life, and you can kick in any direction. And from what I've heard and read, the kicks don't do lots of damage, but knock the enemy down to the ground. Or into a cliff, MWUAHAHAAA!!

And I like kicks, as long as you don't spam them. I like to pull of a kick in the middle of a fight, when they don't expect it. And knocking down isn't such a big issue in JA, cause you can roll ot of the way or kick your enemy when you jump up in one move :)
 toms
08-04-2003, 11:16 AM
the new concussion rifle doesn't sound right at all.

i like the 2 stance option with the new weapons.

double saber does sound a bit spammy, maybe they will have tweaked that for the main release.
 taekwondo joe
08-04-2003, 1:27 PM
hye i know what you think about us b_df, i am watching you
 The Count
08-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by taekwondo joe
hye i know what you think about us b_df, i am watching you

Oh No, Oh No! :o whatever will he do?
 Chewie Bakker
08-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Rockstar
im pissed off that the lightstaff is the best! gosh darn it! meh, i also think it stupid that the alternate weapons HAVE access to the single blade, even tho it is one stance, many players only use one stance...

... i hope this is not what they have done for mp....... i reeeaaally don't........

From what I've read about the double-bladed lightsaber, it was used by the Jedi in training only, due to the fact that it was dangerous to wield. There'd have to be some sort of penalty for using such a complex weapon, at least in Multiplayer.

I hope that the classic single lightsaber has some advantages of its own.

Either way, the game should be cool. :animelol:

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.
 Dilandau-Sama
08-12-2003, 3:59 PM
Cool. :dsaber:
 Matt-Liell
08-12-2003, 4:33 PM
Thanks for the great info! Sounds sweet!
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-12-2003, 4:52 PM
np. 5 weeks to go for the game now.
 Dilandau-Sama
08-12-2003, 8:03 PM
Cool. :p
 HaruGlory89
08-12-2003, 10:42 PM
A question, can you get lightstaffs of dual sabers from the start? Put a spoiler tag in your answer.
 Obi-Wan X
08-12-2003, 10:48 PM
Strange....I have no spoiler tag O_o...

Anyway....

The answer to that is....

~* SPOILER! *~

~* SPOILER! *~

~* SPOILER! *~

~* SPOILER! *~

No....not officially at least, you have to progress through the game to obtain it. But of course there will more than likely be a cheat to access this.
 Captian
08-13-2003, 1:45 AM
yeah at E3 there was a cheat to instantly switch form dual sabers to saber staff
 Sephyr
08-16-2003, 1:32 PM
k....i played teh beta....finished SP and i'm playing MP ALOT.
1 thing.....i WILL buy the game...so dont think im 1 of those lamers who doesnt respect the guys who make the games.

Furthermore if you dont want to DL this then DONT.
i just post it and it your decision.
The file will be up for a limited amount of time.
and will be down/up at unscheduled times.

NO ITS NOT THE BETA......its a movie i made.
with a little bit of history and then JKA.
sabers, chars, moves....a whole ****load

SPOILER:
[LINK REMOVED]

If you are unable to connect, but the server is up. Dont bother to ask why or how....if you are able to download be happy...if you arent able to DL then be sad. or whatever. What im saying is that i will not help you in any way if you cant connect.
So try both Internet Explorer or an FTP program

have fun...
 StormHammer
08-16-2003, 1:56 PM
Sephyr...so you think that posting a link to a movie you made of JA...obviously using the beta...is more acceptable than simply talking about the beta?

*whacks head against a brick wall*

Consider yourself banned. :rolleyes:

You know...I'm beginning to think that the same compulsion that drives people to access this leaked beta also drives them to post about it on these forums without a passing thought for the consequences. How many times do people have to be warned before they start listening? :rolleyes:
 Mauler Mithel
08-16-2003, 3:07 PM
Will the Imperial Commandos be back in the game?:dtrooper:
 Chewie Bakker
08-16-2003, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Sephyr...so you think that posting a link to a movie you made of JA...obviously using the beta...is more acceptable than simply talking about the beta?

You know...I'm beginning to think that the same compulsion that drives people to access this leaked beta also drives them to post about it on these forums without a passing thought for the consequences. How many times do people have to be warned before they start listening? :rolleyes:
Like moths to a flame. :animelol:

Imagine the breakthrough in online anti-piracy stings. All you'd need to to is create a Your thoughts on the Jedi Academy beta (http://www.lucasforums.com) thread and watch the fish hook themselves. :rofl:

It's not like Jedi Academy is years away. Last I heard was that it's gone gold, so it's on its way. :D

Originally posted by Mauler Mithel
Will the Imperial Commandos be back in the game?
Maybe, although it would be nice to get away from the Imperials for awhile. Nasty Jedi picking on the poor defenceless stormtroopers...

TK421 knew he should help out his master, but he was 8 feet away - an impossible shot.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always
 spoiler
08-16-2003, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer

aaaahhh im banned LOL......hhmm i wonder...who was the person downloading the MOVIE....eh ???? ooow it was you... :D

this is a spoiler section right ??? well they are all talking about the game.....which obviously some have played (beta) but its wrong to post a movie ??
You guys look at screenies from the beta....try to get your hands on whatever you can grab....but can not appreciate the work someone does to show ppl a movie about a kickass game ??
sjees...it shows a little more then the original trailer.....and i consider it to be a nice addition to it.....but ey thats my oppinion.
K i can understand that you banned me...you guys have rules to obey...so i dont blame you. i hope you enjoyed the movie ;)

bye bye :monkey4:

ps......can my movie be posted the day jka comes out :P ??
 ImmolatedYoda
08-16-2003, 8:59 PM
You guys look at screenies from the beta

just who the heck are you talking about? the only screenshots ive seen are official. its only morons like you who think that everyone else wants to have an UNOFFICIAL, ILLEGAL, OLD and most likely BUGGED version of the game.

ps......can my movie be posted the day jka comes out :P ??

you forget the quite over-stated fact that the beta is ILLEGAL, and will be. also, the day that JA comes out, its not like every single person on these boards is going to obtain a copy of the game. bottom line: get a brain.
 spoiler
08-16-2003, 9:35 PM
jees im just being reasonable...........
you're the 1 who needs a brain or start using the 1 u have...

the only screenshots ive seen are official

it isnt all about you. There are plenty of ppl on this board who have seen or are looking for any screenie they can get their hands on. legal or illegal

only morons like you who think that everyone else wants to have an UNOFFICIAL, ILLEGAL, OLD and most likely BUGGED version of the game.

who is the moron ?? did i say you should DL the beta ?? did i discuss any details about it ??
And the beta isnt unofficial, illegal or bugged (only saw 1 texture missing). Its illegal and unofficial for ppl who aren't beta testers (which includes me offcourse)

And if you wish to continue this discusion. i suggest you PM me.
This thread is for information about the game (beta or non beta)
I shared information which was considered a warez. So i got banned. I knew the consiquenses and i accept tem.
Do you see me reposting the link ?? no....
I made an acount so i could see what kind of response i got and replied to that.
ow and before you start about "you should have contacted the admins" or whatever......i did repeatedly....went a week on vacation and when i got back i still didnt have a reply...thats the reason i posted it here...it was something i was proud of and wanted to show.
Not proud as in "ooo look at me i got the beta" but more like how the movie feels and looks.

So i suggest to anyone who wants to flame or threaten me. PM me. Im a reasonable guy........but plz...read before you say anything stupid....
 taekwondo joe
08-16-2003, 11:20 PM
hey dude, spoiler, i pmed you, check it out
 Kurgan
08-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Sephyr? I talked with you earlier over PM. I thought the issue was that you were a beta tester for JA, and you were going to "prove" it to us admins (something I did mention in my "don't post about warez" post) in PRIVATE.

I didn't realize you were going to try to post it for all to see (you even admit you knew this was against the rules we laid out earlier). I guess I was wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't just another two-bit warez troll looking for attention. I stand corrected... ; p

Sorry folks, another half-way legitimate thread ruined....

[Update: Sephyr has apologized and says he never intended to claim he was a beta tester. He may be allowed back after a time of our choosing.]
Page: 1 of 1