Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

Page: 14 of 19
 megatron
10-07-2002, 7:52 AM
Well I just read that you need executable config files named with the .cfg extension (you didnt need this in rtcw), and have to be in \base dir. Also I cant use the above config for non - jedi mod games. So I still want to know how people do backspins! I either was playing a server with jedi mod on it or there is a way in normal JKII. I think the most use full script I read is the bind q toggle cl_run. I think I'll maybe bind attack to light saber colour and then stance to change model, just for a laugh.

This server was down fora while today.
 megatron
10-07-2002, 4:20 PM
This is what I've got so far:
I use wasd and these are all positioned at how I like them.

unbind b
unbind i
unbind U
unbind o
unbind h
unbind j
unbind l
unbind n
unbind m
unbind q
unbind r
unbind g
unbind t
unbind y
unbind del
unbind MWHEELDOWN
unbind MWHEELUP
unbind kp_pgdn
unbind MOUSE3

//Taunting;

bind r "+taunt"

bind u "+victory"

bind q "toggle cl_run"

bind ctrl "+force_drain"

bind SHIFT "+movedown"

bind INS "scoresUp"

bind ALT "+force_grip"

bind 0x00 "+force_lightning"

bind TAB "force_pull"

bind c "force_speed"

bind g "engage_duel"

bind t "messagemode2"

bind y "messagemode"

bind i "+bum2"

bind DEL "force_throw"

bind MWHEELDOWN "weapprev"

bind MWHEELUP "weapnext"

bind kp_PGDN "kill"

bind MOUSE3 "saberAttackCycle"

//Spin attack while backstabing

set spinmove "vstr spin"
set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"
set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind h "vstr spinmove"

//Set Name

set name "^1Lord ^7Harri^4Nig ^4:D"
echo ^1Lord ^7Harri^4Nig ^5:D

I also got a force cfg. It only takes effect after death at least in 1.02. Three configs 3 keys.
Edit : This is for v1.02 since the forcepowers are slighty different for v1.04, see later post for v1.04 version and note caveat).

unbind kp_end
unbind kp_downarrow
unbind kp_pgdn

//Light force
set light-force "unbind ALT;unbind ctrl;set forcepowers 6-1-031133000030000330;echo [^4LIGHT ^4JEDI ^4POWERS^7];forcechanged;set powers vstr Light-force;bind ctrl "force_absorb";bind alt "force_Protect";bind 0x00 "+force_lightning""
bind KP_END "vstr light-force"

//Dark force Drain Grip
set dark-force "unbind ALT;unbind ctrl;set forcepowers 6-2-031230300000030330;echo [^8DARK ^8JEDI ^8POWERS^7 ^6Grip ^6drain]; forcechanged; set powers vstr Dark-force;bind ALT "+force_grip";bind ctrl "+force_Drain";bind 0x00 "+force_lightning""
bind KP_DOWNARROW "vstr dark-force"

//Dark force Lightning Rage
set dark-force-rage "unbind ALT;unbind ctrl;unbind 0x00;set forcepowers 6-2-020030033000000331;echo [^8DARK ^8JEDI ^8POWERS^7 ^6Rage ^6lightning ^6Saber-Throw]; forcechanged; set powers vstr Dark-force-rage;bind ALT "force_rage";bind ctrl "+force_lightning";bind 0x00 "force_seeing""
bind KP_pgdn "vstr dark-force-rage"
echo ^2May ^3the ^4force ^5be ^6with ^7you
 megatron
10-07-2002, 5:06 PM
Above uses 6 which is jedi knight and apparently it should be 7. I find that only certain combinations of special force powers work in the same game. I can have a game where I cant use lightning and also drain. As for the light side power - to me they suck. I tried heal and it didnt increase my life even though I was glowing green. I just tried the saber colour script but it didnt work for me. I will try a different version.
 ToppDog
10-07-2002, 9:13 PM
The spinmove script you have doesn't have the attack part in in so it looks like all it will do is spin. JaraDaj posted a working version of the spinning backstab in blue in the first few pages of this post a long time ago I think. It will work in 1.03 & maybe in some mods if they allow it. You can write it to spin in either direction too.

The jedi model you found is one of six hidden models that are not cheat protected & come default with the game. There are 4 more reborns, & Morgan. Including all the red & blue versions of the default models plus the hidden ones, there are 91 models total you can play in the game. We posted a script that scrolls through all of them a few pages back.

You can include your scripts in the autoexec file, but there is a limit to how much it will hold before the file won't work. That is why it is better to save the scripts as separate config files that you can bind to a key if you don't want to use them all the time. Or if you want them all to load at startup, then still keep them separate but in the autoexec file write "exec filename.cfg" on a separate line for every script you want to use.
 megatron
10-08-2002, 3:25 AM
I am well chuffed with this - I was trying to do it the wrong way round by assigning two commands to a key bind. You can have two keys bound to a single command but not the other way round. It is a elegant solution which makes alot of sence.

To change your light saber colour whilst pressing the middle mouse button which simultaneously changes the player's stance - use the following script:

// Saber Colour Change together with stance change.
//Out of the three examples this is the best one
//because saberstancechange is an instantaneous input.
unbind mouse3
set saber1 "color1 0;bind mouse3 vstr saber2;saberattackcycle"
set saber2 "color1 1;bind mouse3 vstr saber3;saberattackcycle"
set saber3 "color1 2;bind mouse3 vstr saber4;saberattackcycle"
set saber4 "color1 3;bind mouse3 vstr saber5;saberattackcycle"
set saber5 "color1 4;bind mouse3 vstr saber6;saberattackcycle"
set saber6 "color1 5;bind mouse3 vstr saber1;saberattackcycle"
bind mouse3 vstr saber1

This works perfectly

Now this next one works but with a hiccup. This one 'll get you noticed, since everytime you press fire the colour of your blade changes!

// Saber Colour Change together with attack.
unbind mouse1
set cutlus1 "color1 0;bind mouse1 vstr cutlus2;+attack;-attack"
set cutlus2 "color1 1;bind mouse1 vstr cutlus3;+attack;-attack"
set cutlus3 "color1 2;bind mouse1 vstr cutlus4;+attack;-attack"
set cutlus4 "color1 3;bind mouse1 vstr cutlus5;+attack;-attack"
set cutlus5 "color1 4;bind mouse1 vstr cutlus6;+attack;-attack"
set cutlus6 "color1 5;bind mouse1 vstr cutlus1;+attack;-attack"
bind mouse1 vstr cutlus1

The next idea I have is to match the colours to the stances :D. But on second thoughts that would give your opponent an unfair advantage.

I tested out the fire button bind and there is one small difference. You cant carry on holding down the mouse button you must release it before you can make another attack. So for light stance with fast circling arc its not as easy. So I wont bind it to the primary fire button but to the alt fire and the stance button too. That should be plenty of oppotunity to show off your multi-coloured blade. If you have a very controlled approach to dueling then you need not even now the caveat exists.
Here it is again with the altfire:

// cutlus Colour Change together with altattack.
unbind mouse2
set cutlus1 "color1 0;bind mouse2 vstr cutlus2;+altattack;-altattack"
set cutlus2 "color1 1;bind mouse2 vstr cutlus3;+altattack;-altattack"
set cutlus3 "color1 2;bind mouse2 vstr cutlus4;+altattack;-altattack"
set cutlus4 "color1 3;bind mouse2 vstr cutlus5;+altattack;-altattack"
set cutlus5 "color1 4;bind mouse2 vstr cutlus6;+altattack;-altattack"
set cutlus6 "color1 5;bind mouse2 vstr cutlus1;+altattack;-altattack"
bind mouse2 vstr cutlus1

No this effects the secondary fire of certain gunz which need you to time the hold down of the button. The only good place to put it is on the stance selection. Since you dont time that it is instantaeous. You could put it with something like draw lightsaber. Its been quite fun learning how to do this and I hope you like it and use it yourself. Can anyone tell me how to do a backspin/breakdance move?

On another note I was playing bot matches with v1.02 and practicing my wall running, and cuts. Now I have first hand experience of the changes to multiplayer. The red stance overhead lunge is no more in v1.04 unless they changed the way you do it(that was a killer move). Also I remeber reading about the fact you cant rotate while do a backthrust and found out first hand. It is alot harder to kill with the saber between the two versions in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone who posted here enabling me to do what I wanted to do.
 ToppDog
10-08-2002, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by megatron
The red stance overhead lunge is no more in v1.04 unless they changed the way you do it(that was a killer move). Also I remeber reading about the fact you cant rotate while do a backthrust and found out first hand.

The red DFA still exists & is often still a one hit kill, but you execute it differently. Basically you do a red swing (any kind & from any direction) & when that swing is halfway through, then you press the key sequence for the DFA. The blue backstab is fixed so you can't turn during the move & is no longer a one hit kill.

I'm glad you're having fun with your scripts, there are a lot of really cool ones here you would probably like. Enjoy!
 TheMule
10-08-2002, 8:17 PM
Scripting... P'tah!

I say the only things you should have to script are a repeat attack thing to try to win saber locks, should they ever occur (rare outside of SP...unless saber-lock scripts come into play...), or mebbe really complicated maneuvers. If you have to script move sequences to win, cheifly in saber combat, you're pathetic and have no testicular fortitude. Go back to Solitaire where you belong.

PS - As soon as I finish my system, I have a standing challenge to you scripters to join me in a Q3 Arena game. Lets see how ya do w/out your saber and scripted moves. Just PM me if you're interested.
 remark 666
10-08-2002, 9:09 PM
hey Mule, Q3 is even more scripted out then JK2 0_0 (just letting ya know) ;)
 megatron
10-08-2002, 10:08 PM
just deleted a double post, sorta ;/
 megatron
10-08-2002, 10:15 PM
I have been practicing on botmatch using scripts and agree that move scripts are a bit lame. I do not think that they give any advantage. You can execute the same moves from keyboard with the same accuracy. I am talking about the light lunge, just crouch, forward, fire. Just keep crouched and hit forward a fraction of a second before fire. As for the dfa I didnt realise what that was until toppdog pointed it out. I think that is redudant since its just a easy (or difficult) to execute with keys. Its like make a script to run up the wall - you would have to be at an acute angle touching the wall and then press it, or you could just keep pressing diagonal into the wall and hit jump.

I have only ever had one saber lock ( I am a nuubie ) and I was knocked down and sabered 1-hit kill. This is a useful key but only keys to execute moves IMO dont give an advantage. These scripts only helped me in learning the moves. I have printed out some move guides but the blue light lunge isnt included.

Oh yes ToppDog, I found the DFA move for heavy in v.1.04 - its a matter of heavy forward/back attack wait for sword to come down to head hight or later and simultaneously press forward+jump+fire.

What does DFA stand for?
What is the helicopter move?

I made some adjustments to the force.cfg for v1.04.

unbind kp_end
unbind kp_downarrow
unbind kp_pgdn
unbind KP_rightarrow
//For 1.04 Due to forcepowers differences
//note you can go from slight to dark but always must be the same dark or you forfeit your //current score by having to join again.

//Light force

set light-force "vstr changeA"
set changeA "set forcepowers 7-1-331330000330000331;echo ^7[^4LIGHT ^4JEDI ^4POWERS^7]; forcechanged;unbind ALT;unbind ctrl;unbind 0x00;bind ctrl "force_absorb";bind alt "force_heal";bind 0x00 "+force_protect""
bind KP_END "vstr light-force"

//Dark force Grip Rage Drain Grip
set dark-force-grip "vstr changeB"
set changeB "set forcepowers 7-2-030330303000030331;echo ^7[^3DARK ^3JEDI ^3POWERS ^6Grip ^6rage ^6drain^7]; forcechanged;unbind ALT;unbind ctrl;unbind 0x00;bind ALT "+force_grip";bind ctrl "+force_Drain";bind 0x00 "force_rage""
bind KP_DOWNARROW "vstr dark-force-grip"

//Dark force Lightning Rage Drain See
set dark-force-see "vstr changeC"
set changeC "set forcepowers 7-2-031330303000030331;echo ^7[^3DARK ^3JEDI ^3POWERS^7 ^6Rage ^6Drain ^6Seeing^7]; forcechanged;unbind ALT;unbind ctrl;unbind 0x00;bind ALT "force_rage";bind ctrl "+force_Drain";bind 0x00 "force_seeing""
bind KP_pgdn "vstr dark-force-see"
echo ^2May ^3the ^4force ^5be ^6with ^7you

Note that in v1.04 you can swap on the fly between dark powers but if you do then when you die your score is effectivly reset because you have to rejoin. You can with this script go from light to one dark and stick to that dark and back again after every death. I rearranged the script since the version for 1.02 to make it work.
 ToppDog
10-08-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by TheMule
Scripting... P'tah!

I say the only things you should have to script are a repeat attack thing to try to win saber locks, should they ever occur (rare outside of SP...unless saber-lock scripts come into play...), or mebbe really complicated maneuvers. If you have to script move sequences to win, cheifly in saber combat, you're pathetic and have no testicular fortitude. Go back to Solitaire where you belong.

PS - As soon as I finish my system, I have a standing challenge to you scripters to join me in a Q3 Arena game. Lets see how ya do w/out your saber and scripted moves. Just PM me if you're interested.

LOL. Most everyone who posts here agrees with you dude. Most move scripts were posted here at the time of 1.03 to point out how bad that patch was. 1.04 fixed a lot of those problems. Most of the scripts you see posted since 1.04 came out have nothing to do with moves but are still very cool & useful. You would probably like them.
 megatron
10-08-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JaraDaj
Haemon;

Anyone wanna try this one?

set fdkick "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait2; +moveup;wait; -moveup"
set kdfa "+attack; -attack; wait 15; +forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 5; -attack; -forward; -moveup"
set combo1 "vstr fdkick; vstr kdfa"

bind X "vstr combo1"

This one does a double kick (when enemy is in front of you), then on the backflip it'll do a dfa to hit them while on the ground. DFA code is Sn1PeR's from earlier in the thread.

This for me does a 100% executed yellow flying overhead (of opponent) chop. It dont do a double kick or DFA. Although in blue it was quite effective in doing a jump slash which finished off a bot quite easy. Until I see the sort of script that can do what it claims to do then I will think that there is no advantage in scripting moves. Also if you run a long script with a few combos and the first one misses then you cant break the move and you cant turn either, can you?
 thehomicidalegg
10-09-2002, 1:49 AM
that kick dfa would walk ONLY if all the conditions are perfect... the perfectlty timed waits due to the speed and lag of your game and the position of your opponent so the kick can come of...otherwise... it will only make you jump forward and slash in the air. which is why in yellow, if you face youropponent and if you are lucky, you'll do a yellow dfa.

most combat scripts doesnot have much of an advantage, infact more disadvantaged for the reasons above. you have less control of the moves you would execute and the script can only work under perfect conditions.

The only combat script that would be 'useful' to have (doesnt mean you should) is the lunge script, kick script and sabrelock breaker. lunge scripts would make it easy to execute anywhere anytime and has no way of being distinguished from normal lunge. It is for those who want a short cut rather than willing to spend the time mastering the lunge, running lunge etc for all situation. although you can write it more complicatedly, a simple bind x "+movedown; +attack; +forward" would do.

the sabrelock script is described in above posts and its the most obvious script for other players to perceive as you wiln a lock in extraordinary time.

the kick script ( though you can link with dfa and pull and throw with the script because you 'decided' it would be easier to do it that way than mastering it though practice, would only make the script harder to execute as you increase the amount of possible variables)is also pretty obvious to pick as the script user can seem to kickyou without leaving the ground and backflip of stairs. these kick scripts have minimal number of waits(variable to teh speed and lag of your computer) between the two jumps. this type of kick script is good for a quick sharp execution of a flip kick, best done after a pull or when the enemy is manouvered into postion close to youas you set them up for the kick. By varying the number of waits between the +/-moveup +/- Forward you vary the distance you want the kick to be performed. you can adjust this to suit your needs. However the further the distance you want to kick, the less effective would the script be as a longer kick would be better performed by hand as it has more control. Infact it must be noted that a kick script is not necessarily better or more advantageous than doing it by hand as it is the case in the above 2 cases, and you would much more appreciate the more hands on control of a kick practiced many times than a scripted automatic kick.

The fast spin while attacking by adjusting the yawspeed variable is disabled in 1.04. thus jaradaj's script will only work in 1.02 and 1.03. the multiple usage of saberattackcycle in a script is also disabled so many of the script changing stance is also disabled.

NOTE: While it may be fun to try these scripts to fight against bots and show off against friends, you shouldn't need to use script to fight online. Infact, you should use scripts at all if your purpose of using them is to beat someone better than you. Master these moves first, use scripts for relief if anything, but defintely not as a tool for faking your superiority.
 Dracofyre
10-09-2002, 2:39 AM
You may have these L337 scripts, but unfortunately, finding a server with people that use team tactics is a rare occurance. I'd join a clan, but no one wants, me. I have no idea why, considering im a kick ass gunner. Guess everyones addiction with the saber in this game, screws over gunners like me, who are more comfortable laying down suppresive firepower, while our saber loving flag runner, gets the flag. LIKE IT DAMN WELL SHOULD BE. *ahem* sorry. If you guys have some IP adressess for servers where CTF is played like it should be played it would be much appreciated.
To add to your list of binds here's mine. X is whatever key you wanna use.(end rant)
bind X say"Your having problems? Well first go to your console, and type quit. That should fix everything."
You'd be surprised how often that works. MUAHAHAHAHA stupid newbies.
 skxhallsy
10-09-2002, 1:44 PM
Hey everyone. My name is mike. I am a huge fan of this thread now. It is nice to know that you can script these moves. I had a shop accident when i was 16 and i lost my middle finger on my left hand. This makes it dam near impossible to do the lunge and med dfa's. I wwas wondering if someone could script a working one of the two, as the opening post of that jar guy doesnt work for lunge. I am running 1.04 and it would be a phenominal help to my sore hand if someoen could help me out a bit. I can do all the moves but it hurts over time. and i very rarely use the special casue imo you always wind up dead afterwards,I just would like some help if possible. Thanks in advance.

Your left hand,4 finger man.

Hallsy
 megatron
10-09-2002, 5:00 PM
I know how to do some hidden moves in normal JKII. Do you know them? I have been told that a backspins is a roll and toggle the speed rotate button script. I have also tried out jedimodv1.2 where you get extra stances and can change hilt alwell as using a script posted here to do all sorts of "hidden moves".
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
10-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Hmm well JA or whatever we are called now (glares at Hoodwinker), as well as most of the other good clans use team-scripts a lot. You can usually find us on BFCarnage, NL Server #1, Blueyonder or the KHZ server. On most servers, we simply don't bother because in our experience only clan players actually respond to them..

Too many times has the following happened:

Me: TEAM MESSAGE >> I AM CARRYING THE FLAG
Me: TEAM MESSAGE >> I NEED URGENT COVER
Me: TEAM MESSAGE >> I NEED URGENT HEALING
Teammate: STFU AND PLAY THE GAME NEWB
[JA]-DeTRiTiC-iQ has been sniped by Nova_SkyGod.

If the team doesn't listen what is the point in using the scripts?
 ToppDog
10-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by skxhallsy
Hey everyone. My name is mike. I am a huge fan of this thread now. It is nice to know that you can script these moves. I had a shop accident when i was 16 and i lost my middle finger on my left hand. This makes it dam near impossible to do the lunge and med dfa's. I wwas wondering if someone could script a working one of the two, as the opening post of that jar guy doesnt work for lunge. I am running 1.04 and it would be a phenominal help to my sore hand if someoen could help me out a bit. I can do all the moves but it hurts over time. and i very rarely use the special casue imo you always wind up dead afterwards,I just would like some help if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hallsy

Here are binds for the 3 specials using the directions straight from the game manual. The nice thing is you can use the same bind for both the Yellow & Red DFA's, so you really only need 2 keys for all 3 specials. Here goes:

Blue Lunge: bind x "+movedown; +forward; +attack"

Yellow/Red DFA's: bind x "+forward; +attack; +moveup"

Remember that they altered the Red DFA so you have to do a swing in red halfway through before it will work. The same applies with this bind as it gives you more flexibility to do different swings to start it, adjust your aim, or even change your mind. So, when you want to do a Red DFA, start any swing in red, & when it's halfway done, press your new bind for DFA.
 thehomicidalegg
10-14-2002, 2:24 AM
the new stances' special moves are executed in the same way as the yellow dfa.
 Kurgan
10-14-2002, 5:34 PM
That's too bad, because inter-team communication can be vital to victory. ; p

I think that we should try to spread an ethic of inter-team communication.

Hey, if the "bowing" thing caught on for duels, maybe the same can happen for this? heh
 Aoshi
10-15-2002, 4:45 AM
skygod snipes? lol i didnt know that...
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
10-15-2002, 7:39 AM
all of Nova snipes, so damn annoying sometimes. The last thing you need in a game is to be playing against people who now how to use the disrupter.

But since all the top teams have at least one pro-sniper, I decided to master "teh art" as well :)
 wassup
10-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by skxhallsy

Hallsy

Your kidding, right? RIGHT...? :confused:
 remark 666
10-16-2002, 3:26 AM
Originally posted by megatron
I know how to do some hidden moves in normal JKII. Do you know them? I have been told that a backspins is a roll and toggle the speed rotate button script. I have also tried out jedimodv1.2 where you get extra stances and can change hilt alwell as using a script posted here to do all sorts of "hidden moves".

the "hidden" *does quotes in air with fingers* moves 0_0
 DX_Nadun_Hagar
10-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Ok about 4 pages back i found this script for a screenshot without th HUD display. this is what was posted:

bind x "cg_dwaw2D 0; screenshot silent; sc_draw2D 1"

It didnt work so i figured it was a typeO its should have been"cg_draw2d" so i changed it. But when i goto use it i get that damn "Unknown cmd" but my HUD goes away... but no snap shot. can i plz get some help with this??

Nadun
 Khaza
10-17-2002, 4:47 PM
Here's my "cleanshotter"
Script clears whole view (gun,hud,text...all)

<script>

set notftc "con_notifytime 0"
set notftd "con_notifytime 3"
set k_clnscrshot "vstr notftc ;cg_draw2d 0;cg_drawgun 0; wait 5; screenshot; wait 5; toggle cg_draw2d; toggle cg_drawgun;vstr notftd"

</script>

note:
notftd can be changed to your setting (3 default)

...hope u like it :D
 Darth Ratguy
10-21-2002, 7:20 AM
hy, there!

damn, last night i`ve played JK2 on MP aaaaand, guess what iґve seen?
a jerk who did all the finishers without enemy behind or in front! he was just alone on the street on bespin-streets map. Iґm saying u, if this wasnt a script, iґll eat my cat! he somehow did it do unbind thode finishers.
This stupid FRAGGLETT then fragged me all the time! what mysterius was, was that i`ve mosty hit him real hard and it seemed that my sword goes just thru his model unhurting him! ist this a script too? Cause the server didn`t realized if he was cheating! Well anyway! I want to know how this finisher unbinding is been scripted! he semms to be the first, but others will follow and i wanna know how to keep it against them!
 ToppDog
10-21-2002, 10:32 PM
LOL. Poor Fluffy!

I'm pretty sure this is not a script. Remember, scripts only allow you to automate functions that can be done in the game normally. It sounds like this guy is going beyond scripting & is hacking or is using some kind of cheat code.

The Lunge & Red DFA can be done without aiming at someone, but the Yellow DFA & the backstab/backslashes have to have someone in the right spot before the moves will work. He may be using an aimbot for these moves. Basically he hacks the game somehow so that it seems that he has an invisible person in front & behind him at all times so that those moves will now always work.

That would be my guess based on what I've read on the subject in the past. The only other possibility is that it could of been a mod.
 Datheus
10-22-2002, 1:40 AM
I'm willing to bet someone was using Mind Trick in his general vacinity, thusly, he was doing the moves, but you couldn't actually see his target

And like he said... Scripts can only do what you can do with your own keyboard, nothing more. They can't make you invinvible and they can't make you do more damage or anything. But if it was an unpure server, if he had hacked .pk3s, it would have been a sinch to cheat...

Also, most saber settings on public servers are crap, it'll look like you hit the guy clean, but you really didn't... Also, it couldda been lag
 thehomicidalegg
10-22-2002, 3:20 AM
as for the sabre passing though him w/out doing ne damage.... that often happens in 1.04
 skeelo
10-22-2002, 4:52 AM
Would it be possible to make a script that changes detail levels to get increased frameratel? I usually don't have a problem but sometimes in 12+ player games at a large map like Bespin I'll get 30fps. I do have an AMD 2100 w/ Geforce4 and 512MB ram, and running at max detail. Another thing, force fields really seem to crush my fps. Why I do not know! Maybe some of my detail settings are fukt?

Anyway a script would be cool, and I really hope it's possible to adjust certain details w/o having to reload the level.
 lllKyNeSlll
10-23-2002, 4:29 PM
naw. i got geforce 2 gts 64mb 1.8 ghz dell with 256rdram. i get 60+ fps at 640 480 and high model detail 32bit, very high texture, no dynamic lights, trilinear, gl off, ... whatever.
************____****************
************\___****************
************/___****************
i made a set of working scripts that are toggles
rather than direct binds. i have them at my comp at home
but they aren't here so when i have time ill post them
most scripts are pretty much useless. only the kick really helps
if u can't do a dfa then u shouldn't be playin this game
im an elite gunner so i don't bother to use these since
gunning can own any scripter
------------BSB kynes
 Sephiroth CR
10-23-2002, 5:12 PM
Ok. I was wondering if there is a way to do the backstab/spinattack without any enemies around (so I could do it any time and it would be easier to use against enemies). I looked at the first page and and read what (forgot his name) said to do, and I think I am doing it wrong because when I use it against enemies it looks like a normal horizontal swipe (this is when I am in red stance) and it does normal damage. Could someone plese explain to me on how to do this?:(

Also, I don't know if anyone here knows this, but is there any possible way to use both light force powers and dark force powers in JediPLUS 4.1? Even with scripts?
 lllKyNeSlll
10-23-2002, 9:05 PM
jaradaj's backstab is wrong completely here is the real scripts that may work better//made by E3_lllKyNeSlll
//**ex-jk elite cogger**
//script language in jedioutcast is newbish and easy to follow
//compared to the outdated cog language in jk
//***************************************
//**********______ ______*************
//*********| \************
//*********|______ ______/************
//*********| \************
//*********|______ ______/************
//**IF YOU TAKE THIS WITHOUT MY SIGNITURE**
//**I WILL TRACK U NEWB SCRIPTERS WITH MY**
//**JEDI OUTCAST TOGGLE SCRIPT DETECT **
//**AND FIND YOUR IP AND DELETE YOU ROOT **
//**DISK FROM YOUR HARDDRIVE IF I EVER **
//**MEET YOU ON THE ZONE OR JKII SERVER. **
//**THE SCRIPT DETECT ALLOWS ME TO SEE **
//**YOUR BINDS AND VARIABLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!**
//*****************************************
//_________________________________________

//********autoturnforbackstab**************
//one wants a 180 degree turn
//yaw_speed is the number of degrees a second one turns
//if one wants to turn in 1/20 of a second or .05 of a second
//one would need 5 waits (1 wait equals .01 seconds)
//the equation to find the correct yaw speed is
//x*100/y=z where x is the # of degrees one needs to turn
//y is the number of waits needed and z is the yawspeed
//100x/y=z would work also
//100*180/5=3600
//set yawspeed aat 3600
set turn "cl_yawspeed 3600; +left; wait 5; -left; cl_yawspeed 140"
set backstab "vstr first"
set first "vstr turn; +back; wait; +attack; wait 2; -back ;-attack; set backstab vstr second"
set second "vstr turn; +back; wait; +attack; wait 2; -back ;-attack; set backstab vstr first"
bind Shift "vstr backstab"

//*************saberlockwinner***************
bind l "+attack; -attack"

//**************singlebuttonkick*************
set kick "vstr kick1"
set kick1 "+forward; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; wait 2; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; -forward; set kick vstr kick2"
set kick2 "+forward; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; wait 2; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; -forward; set kick vstr kick1"
bind y "vstr kick"

//************kick then dfa*************doesn'tworkyet********
set fdkick "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait 2; +moveup; wait; -moveup"
set kdfa "+attack; wait 50; +forward; wait; +moveup; wait 5; -attack; -forward; -moveup"

//*************autolunge*************
set thrust "vstr lunge"
set lunge "+movedown; wait 5; +forward; wait; +attack; wait 5; -movedown; -attack; -forward; wait 10; set thrust vstr lunge2"
set lunge2 "+movedown; wait 5; +forward; wait; +attack; wait 5; -movedown; -attack; -forward; wait 10; set thrust vstr lunge"
bind c "vstr thrust"

//*************WHIRLWIND**************
set whirlwind "vstr spin"
set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set whirlwind vstr spin2"
set spin2 "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set whirlwind vstr spin"
bind n "vstr whirlwind"

//************DFA_Medium************
set mdfa "vstr 1"
set 1 "+forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 4; -attack; -forward; -moveup; set mdfa vstr 2"
set 2 "+forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 4; -attack; -forward; -moveup; set mdfa vstr 1"
bind x "vstr mdfa"

//************leapattack****************heavy dfa******************************
//if you are so newbish to bind this then you really shouldn't be //playin this game
//most of these scripts won't do much for an elite to get better
//only the medium dfa, +/- attack, lunge**(see note), and the kick really help at all
// **(sudden lunges are better because the duck motion could undermined suprise against an elite)
//the medium dfa combined with whirlwind might be cool looking but its not much better than regular medium dfa
bind m "forward; +attack; wait 2; -forward; wait 50; +forward; +moveup; wait 20; -attack; -forward; -moveup"

//************twelvehitcombo********HVY_STANCE_ONLY* ***************
//************MADE*BY*E3_lllKyNeSlll**************** *
//**********still_testing***************
set cut "vstr swing"
set swing "+attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "3000";
+lookup; wait4; -lookup; +lookdown; wait4; -lookdown;
-attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "140"; set cut vstr swing1"
set swing1 "+attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "3000";
-attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "140"; set cut vstr swing"
bind h "vstr cut"

//if your script doesn't stop press this
//will not work with chained scripts
//only will work with a script lacking a -
bind j "-attack; -forward; -lookup; -lookdown; -left; -right; -altattack; -moveup; -movedown; -moveleft; -moveright"
 lllKyNeSlll
10-23-2002, 9:09 PM
here are the scripts without the comments.
the comments kept goin to the next line
messing up the message without the //
ill keep the first comment on backstab though

//********autoturnforbackstab**************
//one wants a 180 degree turn
//yaw_speed is the number of degrees a second one turns
//if one wants to turn in 1/20 of a second or .05 of a second
//one would need 5 waits (1 wait equals .01 seconds)
//the equation to find the correct yaw speed is
//x*100/y=z where x is the # of degrees one needs to turn
//y is the number of waits needed and z is the yawspeed
//100x/y=z would work also
//100*180/5=3600
//set yawspeed aat 3600
set turn "cl_yawspeed 3600; +left; wait 5; -left; cl_yawspeed 140"
set backstab "vstr first"
set first "vstr turn; +back; wait; +attack; wait 2; -back ;-attack; set backstab vstr second"
set second "vstr turn; +back; wait; +attack; wait 2; -back ;-attack; set backstab vstr first"
bind Shift "vstr backstab"

//*************saberlockwinner***************
bind l "+attack; -attack"

//**************singlebuttonkick*************
set kick "vstr kick1"
set kick1 "+forward; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; wait 2; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; -forward; set kick vstr kick2"
set kick2 "+forward; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; wait 2; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; -forward; set kick vstr kick1"
bind y "vstr kick"

//*********kick then Dfa**********doesn'tworkyet********
set fdkick "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait 2; +moveup; wait; -moveup"
set kdfa "+attack; wait 50; +forward; wait; +moveup; wait 5; -attack; -forward; -moveup"

//*************autolunge*************
set thrust "vstr lunge"
set lunge "+movedown; wait 5; +forward; wait; +attack; wait 5; -movedown; -attack; -forward; wait 10; set thrust vstr lunge2"
set lunge2 "+movedown; wait 5; +forward; wait; +attack; wait 5; -movedown; -attack; -forward; wait 10; set thrust vstr lunge"
bind c "vstr thrust"

//*************WHIRLWIND**************
set whirlwind "vstr spin"
set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set whirlwind vstr spin2"
set spin2 "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set whirlwind vstr spin"
bind n "vstr whirlwind"

//************DFA_Medium************
set mdfa "vstr 1"
set 1 "+forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 4; -attack; -forward; -moveup; set mdfa vstr 2"
set 2 "+forward; +attack; +moveup; wait 4; -attack; -forward; -moveup; set mdfa vstr 1"
bind x "vstr mdfa"

//************leapattack***********heavy dfa******
//if you are so newbish to bind this then you really shouldn't be playin this game
//most of these scripts won't do much for an elite to get better
//only the medium dfa, +/- attack, lunge**(see note), and the kick really help at all
// **(sudden lunges are better because the duck motion could undermined suprise against an elite)
//the medium dfa combined with whirlwind might be cool looking but its not much better than regular medium dfa
bind m "forward; +attack; wait 2; -forward; wait 50; +forward; +moveup; wait 20; -attack; -forward; -moveup"

//************twelvehitcombo********HVY_STANCE_ONLY
set swing "+attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "3000";
-attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "140"; set cut vstr swing1"
set swing1 "+attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "3000";
-attack; seta cl_pitchspeed "140"; set cut vstr swing"
bind h "vstr cut"

bind j "-attack; -forward; -lookup; -lookdown; -left; -right; -altattack; -moveup; -movedown; -moveleft; -moveright"
 vuch
10-23-2002, 10:25 PM
how would one script the 4 and 5 hit combos in yellow stance?or does anyone have some? -vuch
 ToppDog
10-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Just remember that most of those spinning backstab/backslash scripts won't work in 1.04 unless it is a mod which allows 1.02/1.03 style moves. JaraDaj started this thread when 1.03 was out, so a lot of those early scripts will not work anymore in 1.04.

Sephiroth,

You can't do a backstab/backslash without a player behind you, & there is no script for it. People who are able to do these moves with nobody around them are hacking, not scripting.

The only way to script a move that would be close to this, is a script that would spin you around 180 degrees & then do back plus attack. There is no command to spin you 180 & stop though, & the timing of turn commands has too many constantly changing variables to make any script for this effective. Due to ping, server speed, etc. you would have to keep editing your script for it to work, sometimes every minute or so. It's not really worth the trouble.
 thehomicidalegg
10-24-2002, 3:43 AM
Originally posted by vuch
how would one script the 4 and 5 hit combos in yellow stance?or does anyone have some? -vuch

you really shouldnt script that cause that would be so much worse than doing it yourself that there's a good chance of getting yourself killed when using this script. Its not very advisory to script moves that are combos which do not decapicate your opponent(knock down), as enemies can move while you are stuck in animation
 griff38
10-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Be very careful, I have not read all 600+ post so I apologize if I am repeating this.

Do not cut & paste scripts from this thread unless you know how to undo them! There is nothing worse than having your +left turn button stuck at 3000 .:ball:
 Darth Kaan
10-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
all of Nova snipes, so damn annoying sometimes. The last thing you need in a game is to be playing against people who now how to use the disrupter.

But since all the top teams have at least one pro-sniper, I decided to master "teh art" as well :)

DeTRiTiC-iQ,

Forgive me going off topic, but would you be so kind as to post the url's to some of the "Active and serious" CTF Clans websights?

Been looking for one and cant find any where I have been checking out clan links.
 thehomicidalegg
10-26-2002, 4:01 AM
if you want to cancel a script or something just type unbind <key>

throw +pull+ kick

again alot of variables and shouldnt be scripted, but:

set pullthrow "+altattack; wait 20; +force_pull; wait 4; -forcepull; -altattack"
set kick "+forward; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; wait 4; +moveup; wait 2; -moveup; -forward"
set ptk "vstr throwpull; wait; vstr kick"

bind x "vstr ptk"

not sure if it'll work, just made it up on the spot.
 Regulus
10-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to let u guys know that many of us appreciate your help in scripting (and the ones that dont have made it pretty obvious how they feel :D ). I learned lotsa neat stuff here....Just spent the last few hours going through all 18 pages! (Not neccessarily reading every line) Whats worse...is that they were loading really slow :( Many of u have put ALOT of effort and thought into these scripts...so a big thanx from me :)

PS: Any luck with the black colour for names? I've seen quite a few ppl use black...and they refuse to tell me how they do it :mad:
 lllKyNeSlll
10-26-2002, 1:11 PM
that left turn thing. most ppl use mouse i hope. but if u use keyboard and u and kept too fast. u can always set it in the console. seta_yawspeed "140" or whatever. and if u need to type -attack
i can't belive i havn't been flamed yet
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
10-26-2002, 5:03 PM
Hmm, well the clan i'm in doesn't have a site atm since we're in the middle of quite a few big changes, but you can contact Hoodwinker (hoodwinker_@hotmail.com), or our clan leader whom I can never remember the email address of :D

As for the other clans...

I would visit http://www.teamwarfare.com) and view some of the clan profiles for the high ranking clans for their website addresses.
 vuch
10-26-2002, 6:11 PM
I know how to script lunge...but if u were in red say , could you have a script that with one button automatically took u to blue stance then lunged with just one button? thanks -vuch
 thehomicidalegg
10-27-2002, 1:58 AM
hmm yeh , like i said, too much variables, eg how far your opponent is away and if he slides or not from the pull + the lag etc. you'd be better off spending the effort mastering it then trying to script it.

for the lunge in red stance:

bind x "SaberAttackCycle; wait; +forward; +movedown; +attack"

this will only work if you are not attacking or in any mid sabre animation. You will be in blue stance after the lunge. if im right, i believe you can no longer bind more than 1 saberattackcycle commands in a script so you can no longer cycle through the stances in 1 script.
 Darth Kaan
10-27-2002, 1:44 AM
Thanks D!

Much appreciated!
 Darth Ratguy
10-27-2002, 6:10 AM
Well, i got some questions again.
Meanwhile i got a lot of new Skins. There are so many that the Game Engine can't show all of them.
Is there a posibility to bind some keys, who are changing the models? I mean like Next Model - Previous Previous.
I've allready found some post in here, but i can't find it anymore.

And is it possible that se same happens to the maps?
I did last downloaded a map, put it in the base folder, but it wasn't show up in the game. When I loaded it from the console it worked. :confused:
 thehomicidalegg
10-28-2002, 1:12 AM
thats on Page 16...

As for maps, you can just replace the model [modelname] command in the script with map [mapname], and edit the map list.
 OT2K
10-28-2002, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by Regulus
PS: Any luck with the black colour for names? I've seen quite a few ppl use black...and they refuse to tell me how they do it :mad:

Hi Regulus,

Itґs very simple...

Just go into the setup menu of JKII, and then just type
"^8YOURNAME" (without the qoutes, of course :D ) !

While tping this, you wonґt see the ^ or the 8 written, but you see the coursor move. Dont care about that.

If you want to test others, there are eight different colours available (^1 - ^8) I dont know exactly now, which colour belongs to which no. , but i hope i have helped you a bit.

Ahhhh... Just adding one more hint: If "^8" doesnґt set the text-colour to black, try "^0"! i just read it in another Thread a few minutes ago. Hope youґll get your Problem fixed now!

Greets,
Page: 14 of 19