Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

Page: 1 of 5
 K_Kinnison
01-01-2009, 12:00 AM
"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased—thus do we refute entropy."

Hope everyone has a great 2009, and we all get laid. This enforced celibacy crap is downright criminal
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-01-2009, 12:14 AM
I was beaten!!!

KINNNNIIIIISSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! !!!!!
 K_Kinnison
01-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Crackhead i told you i would post at Midnight EDT. You snooze you lose! ;)

My kitty is starting to get restless so I only have moments to write this before he starts climbing up my leg in a desperate need for attention.

Things I would like to accomplish this year:

1. Visit my Cousin and her family in Seattle (maybe even my Crazy aunt and Uncle), and even Gunner
2. Get in my sailboat and SAIL SAIL SAIL
3. Walk across the lake.. again... make it 2 years in a row.

THings that will again require more help and divine intervention

1. Get a promotion at work
2. Go out on at least 3 dates with women
3. Get laid, preferably not having to pay a professional to make it happen
 Kuuki
01-01-2009, 1:05 AM
Kinnison you bastard!!!

XD

anywho

it's 104am
whoever isnt inebrated at this time eastern standard
please stand up

!we need to beat least years post count asap!
 Keyan Farlander
01-01-2009, 1:06 AM
2008 wasn't so bad, but here's hoping 2009 will be better!
 K_Kinnison
01-01-2009, 1:09 AM
 edlib
01-01-2009, 1:21 AM
Like I said: You can never go wrong with titties and beer. :dozey:

Commute wasn't as bad as I expected. Really creepy drunk guy on the train trying to score points with a girl, and doing about as bad as can be imagined.

Radio broadcast from work tonight on NPR. Mostly easy day at work.Long, though.

Maybe more details in the am if I feel up to it.

Best of luck to everyone in '09!
 Kuuki
01-01-2009, 2:02 AM
i'm aorry
this is the saddest new year for me

i will nto bull sh i t
im crying my tears out right now

im honest
i lost an uncle
a brother
my best friend

my enlistment

the new uear is supposd to be a happy time where one can start over

but im so sad
 Kuuki
01-01-2009, 2:35 AM
 JangoClone#104
01-01-2009, 3:46 AM
kinda sad he passed away, i hardly knew him and for what i did he was a good guy.

on a side note if you look closer at that pick and see the woman and the guy sitting on the right table, the guy is kookee (i am like 90% certain that's him)
 Nitro
01-01-2009, 7:25 AM
My new year's resolutions:

1) Get back and stay under 200 lbs. It's only 10 pounds, but why set a goal you might not make. :p
2) Get satellite before the playoffs. GO OILERS!
3) Cover "Minnie the Moocher" with the boys.
 edlib
01-01-2009, 8:02 AM
I have decided not to make any new resolutions this year... just continue the tends set last year.

Continue getting in shape. Strive to be a bit more outgoing. Keep working on the house.

Damn it's cold outside! And inside, too... C'mon heat! Do your work!

So... Like I was saying: I worked last night. Did the live sound for a jazz concert that was also broadcast live on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98688651)

This is the girl who's band played:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f0xp_hiromi-uehara-the-tom-and-jerry-sho_music)

She's pretty phenomenal.
 Rogue15
01-01-2009, 11:05 AM
my goal for this year is just to get my own place and a girlfriend.

went out last night, had a pretty good time, went to a local bar where my one friend works (he's a cook there) surprised i don't have as bad of a hangover as i thought i'd have. he basically bought me and my other friend drinks, cause we were waiting for him for an hour. lol

my parents are out of the house for the day, my dad went to work and my mom went shopping. i don't have to go anywhere today, so should i pull out that vodka or what? ;)

last year wasn't too bad for me, only thing i didn't like about last year was moving back in with my parents. though, it's not so bad sometimes, but having a bunch of friends over is pretty much of out of the question.
 Wildstar
01-01-2009, 11:18 AM
As I usually say at this time of year, "May the new year be everything you want it to be."

My main goals of course are bowling related: establish a 200+ average and bowl my first 700 series. That first one might be a stretch this winter season, but certainly doable next winter season if I keep at it (I could get it in the summer, too, but I don't really know if I'm bowling summer league this year at this point). The 700 I'll probably just have to let come...don't want to overthink every shot.

Thing to look forward to in '09: my 25th high school reunion :D
 Rogue15
01-01-2009, 11:49 AM
HELLS YA CAN'T WAIT TIL WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!111111111111111 a-night! XD
 Kuuki
01-01-2009, 12:11 PM
@ jango

it is
 Rogue15
01-01-2009, 12:13 PM
scar is awsome. you should so some poses and post them it be funny man XD imma keep drinkin lomg as my parens arent home :X
 K_Kinnison
01-01-2009, 5:46 PM
Watching the Rose Bowl right now. Tho I should clean my kitties litterbox and take a shower soon.

Really have done nothing for the last few days.
 Rogue15
01-01-2009, 6:21 PM
played some more fable II today...hard to play that drunk, so i switched on the on demand channel and got dark knight...i missed a few parts cause i dozed off to sleep. -_-

put fable II back in and played around for a bit, got some quests done...made a "tough choice" which wasn't really that hard considering i didn't even have any emotional attachment to the annoying girl that kept bawling her eyes out as i went into the cave to return the 'dark seal' to the shadows...i ended up having her give it to them so i wouldn't be the one looking like a geezer....the other decision i made before, at the spire...i messed up on. -_- wraithmarsh definitely had an impact on me...pretty sad going there. you'll have to have played the first fable to understand what i mean.

it's damn cold in here...

i'm working 3-10 tomorrow, i have permission to stay until 11, which i might depending on who else is working. maybe i'll run a front register again...that's always "fun".
 K_Kinnison
01-01-2009, 7:36 PM
well ... penn state is getting raped in the Rose bowl.

My kitty is up.. was worried a bit cause he only had a few bites of his gooshy food before going to sleep for another hour.... but he ate the rest when he woke up.

Going to clean his litter box soon, then shower.. then food
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-01-2009, 8:03 PM
Cats are fickle creatures. They kind of do what they want, when they want.

Meh.

Sunday the 11th I'll be tacking on the endless set list in rock band 2. Considering trying to do it on Hard with the Drums but I don't think I can actually finish it. Considering doing it on hard.

My sisters cat is attacking my laptop bag.

Also; on break from World of Warcraft while I'm at my sisters. Good to be away from the game for a day or so.

This is what happens with geek musicians and they get bored. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j4v_1Gx04M)

Yes that is an actual midi drum kit wired to activate notes in Rock Band with the Midi sounds on overlay.

It's mind boggling how much rock band emulates real drums like that.
 Rogue15
01-01-2009, 8:19 PM
never had a kitten before k_k?
 Rogue15
01-01-2009, 8:36 PM
i found my favorite snack food.

http://theconsumerscorner.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/combos-salsa.jpg)

it's the freakin best video-gaming snack food, because it doesn't leave a mess.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
 Rogue15
01-02-2009, 12:54 AM
dam im tired :( actually gonna go to bed at a decent time tonight. -_-
 K_Kinnison
01-02-2009, 1:02 AM
never had a kitten before k_k?

I grew up with cats, but never had to do all the things to take care of them until recently.... nor have a kitten and have it climbing EVERYTHING! Of course my kitty slept all day, my kitty at midnight is getting into EVERYTHING
 Rogue15
01-02-2009, 1:11 AM
lol yeah my mom and dad recently (2 years ago) got 2 kittens....they were devils whenever i'd come over to watch them when my parents were gone for a few days. i'd be trying to sleep and they'd be jumping on my face. they calmed down a little since then.
 edlib
01-02-2009, 5:17 AM
Gotta bring my car in for recall work.

Why do they always want it to be so early in the morning? Grrrr...

A couple of days off from work, and I'm in the habit of staying up all night. Not good...

I'll probably be without a car all day.

Can't wait to get back home and get some more sleep.
 Nitro
01-02-2009, 6:52 AM
It's 7:45 in the morning, my speakers are listed as being "Out for Delivery", and I'm heading out to buy some speaker wire!

Or if you prefer... It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
 edlib
01-02-2009, 7:16 AM
Heh! Nice!

I bought "The Blues Brothers" on DVD for my friend for Christmas! :D Along with "This Is Spinal Tap."

I can't wait to watch it again...
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-02-2009, 7:40 AM
Early.
 Nitro
01-02-2009, 8:25 AM
Heh! Nice!

I bought "The Blues Brothers" on DVD for my friend for Christmas! :D Along with "This Is Spinal Tap."

I can't wait to watch it again...

I hadn't seen it in probably 10 years, and then I randomly told a buddy of mine, "They won't catch me... I'm on a mission from God," on New Year's Eve, just before I ran outside in nothing but my sneakers screaming "I'M BABY NEW YEAR!!!"

Inspired me to go out and rent it yesterday, so I've been re-living the awesomeness.
 Kuuki
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
well my year is out to a hell of a start

my grandfather who was at the hospital for his dialisis appointment, passed away...

aside from that, firefox went corrupt on me, and i had to reinstall, but then that didnt work, so i tried clearing out files that mightve done it.
ironically, my try all to save all worked.
just reboot...
 Rogue15
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
sorry to hear that scar. :( my nanny passed away 12 years ago today. she was in her 50s.

i gotta go into work 3-10. going to check out this new night club in wilkes barre on either thursday or friday. i saw some youtube videos of it, it doesn't seem too bad, and it's right next to kings college.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-02-2009, 4:24 PM
just got home. Bought some pants, my mother a candle for her birthday, a stool to use with my Rock Band 2 drum set and to practice the guitar on so I don't whap the neck against the arms of my chair, food, and other assorted necessities.

Did my part to keep the American economy going, and now, I don't spend a dime unless I have too.
 edlib
01-02-2009, 5:37 PM
Got my car back.

Now I just have nowhere to go in it... :(
 Rogue15
01-02-2009, 10:28 PM
work was boring. had to be on the lookout for bandits. think i spotted them, of course no loss prevention personnel was available, and the managers were too busy to be bothered, and i think i get paid pretty good and don't want to risk losing my job over false-accusations. so i made a notation of the time and will speak to the loss prevention people tomorrow. fun fun.

noticed some girls checking me out when i went in today...they weren't bad looking either..
 edlib
01-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Got a call earlier to go out to a pool hall with a co-worker. Decided not to go.

Stayed in and totally sucked at games instead.

I guess I should have gone out. Oh well.

Last 2 days off. Yay.
 Rogue15
01-02-2009, 11:38 PM
i can't wait til wednesday.
 K_Kinnison
01-02-2009, 11:51 PM
My kitty is now laying down on top of the monitor wacthing me type. he looks like he might take a nap there. I think he is looking for the cursor to play with. Now his head is hanging over the top looking down and his eyes are starting to close.. so cute.

Work was uneventful, helped out a manager who isn't really good at multi-tasking or what is normally happening on the dock. Pretty much was my own boss today

My mom called me and asked her to help find her car key. it slid down behind some plastic molding behind the steering wheel. Took out two screws and was able to pull it out.

Also started planning my trip to the seattle area. Might rent a bike and rely on Ferries to get around. Found out my cousin and her family are closer to Vancover then Seattle

kitty is now watching TV... going to rot his brain out.

going to fix myself something to drink now... either a manhatten, scotch or Vodka Martini
 Rogue15
01-03-2009, 12:10 AM
listening to black eyed peas. just dloading stuff. gonna go play fable II in a few. cleaning up some side-quests and earning renown before i head out on the main quest...
 Kuuki
01-03-2009, 1:18 AM
going to fix myself something to drink now... either a manhatten, scotch or Vodka Martini

good man.
 GUNNER
01-03-2009, 1:50 AM
Only 2 more days of vacation left... where does the time go. :(

Hello everyone :)
 K_Kinnison
01-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey gunner!

I am planning a trip to the seattle area in May. My cousin says she might have a room and car for me, so I will have lots of movement points to spend.

Anything I should really really go see when I am there? Besides you.. which I plan to do
 edlib
01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Plan for today:

Get a haircut.
Clean up my room.
Back up data off of old PC so I can tear it apart and replace the hard drive.

Exciting stuff.
:dozey:
 Rogue15
01-03-2009, 12:16 PM
i decided to grow a goatee, see how that works out for me. :)

my plans today are working 2-11...coming home, listening to music, chatting with people, writing some emails. then fable II.
 Keyan Farlander
01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Only 2 more days of vacation left... where does the time go. :(

No kidding :(
 Rogue15
01-03-2009, 12:50 PM
time flies....only stops to make you bored.
 K_Kinnison
01-03-2009, 2:49 PM
woke up this morning... drained my lizard and decided to go back to bed. Kitty helped convince me with much purring and cuddling. slept in til noon... woo!
 Rogue15
01-03-2009, 11:25 PM
work was interesting. coworker called off again, good enough reason i suppose...her boyfriend's dad killed himself. -_- hopefully she won't have to call off tomorrow, cause i gotta be in at 11am...and only 1 other person besides her is supposed to be there but he's not in til 1pm. and i don't remember how to open the lab, it's been forever. the most i could do is turn the picture makers on, and 'wing it' with the rest of it all. -_-

getting some ideas on all the stuff i plan to do this year...once i get my **** together.
Page: 1 of 5