Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

Page: 2 of 5
 edlib
01-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Got haircut... but that's really the only of my stated plans to survive the day.

Started cleaning my room... but it got so involved that when I took a break I never went back. Finish tomorrow I guess...

Never touched the old PC. Tackle that some other day.

Played a little CoD and GRAW. Getting better... but I still suck by most standards.
 Rogue15
01-03-2009, 11:41 PM
i'm going to purchase FarCry 2. i read a few reviews and it looks too interesting not to purchase. though i'll be purchasing it on amazon.com unless i can find it new for cheaper than $35. :)

oh yeah i scared my bandits off today...i noticed they stopped in at 9:30 again, and were taking note of the printers in the spiderwrap....so i went to call the damn operator and she didn't pick up, by that time they noticed i was on the phone and vanished. i informed a member of management that they were in the store, we looked around and couldn't find them. going to tell LP tomorrow.
 Rogue15
01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
worst thing about Fable II: IT FREEZES TOO ****ING MUCH. :(
 K_Kinnison
01-04-2009, 2:40 PM
Finished reading "Ender in Exile" first 2/3rds of the book was good, last 3rd was boring. Kinda hard to get really excited for a Character who is a Genius and can predict how any conversations is going to do and make people do everything he wants

Now reading "Paul of Dune" personally i think Brian Herbert, and KJA are grasping as straws after the series had a rather weak ending with "Sandworms of Dune" THis might be one of the few books I stop reading mid-way through. So predictable.
 edlib
01-04-2009, 3:03 PM
Still cleaning my room. Yikes!

2 giant trash bags full of junk I finally decided that I really can live without.

I'm in the middle of reorganizing my CDs and DVDs... again.

Tougher this time: I went on a bit of a buying spree since the last time I did this, and now I have to re-file all the shelves to fit the new acquisitions in the correct spots.

I probably won't finish my room today, either. I really want to do it right, and dig through all the shelves, drawers, and closets... and remove all the random detritus of a life lived in the same location for the better part of a decade.

It's scary how much crap accumulates when we aren't looking.

Ha ha ha ha ha! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8LPgv4NK0)
 Rogue15
01-04-2009, 8:20 PM
everything happened as i expected it to. i got woken up by the phone call that they needed someone to go in to work. i went in and pulled an 11-hour shift. took an hour lunch in between. i'm off tomorrow. i'm freakin tired right now. I am gonna clean out my car tomorrow, i think i'll give it a wash on thursday, as there is alot of salt on it, i'll have to put more bondo on the rusty spots and paint it this time. =\

so far this year is looking up for me...spending the first month climbing out of the debt i got myself in back in late august. :joy: yeah it was worth it, i don't regret it!!!! lol.

going to spend february saving and searching the surrounding areas for an apartment or affordable house to rent. :)
 edlib
01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I sure as **** don't wanna go back to work tomorrow.

I was really just starting to get the hang of this time-off thing.

:(
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Miami is out of the Playoffs. Goddamnit.
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-05-2009, 12:41 AM
2) Get satellite before the playoffs. GO OILERS!

Holy ****. Another Oilers fan!
 K_Kinnison
01-05-2009, 5:54 AM

Aw come on you really think they had a chance? Pennington proves time and time again that his water pistol of an arm cannot win playoffs. FFS he had more turnovers then the pillsbury doughboy against the ravens D
 edlib
01-05-2009, 7:36 AM
60 posts in 5 days.

Not a bad pace to set... though I doubt we'll be able to sustain it.

As long as we kill last year's thread, it will be an achievement. Shoot for 3k this time though.

It's an ice-sheet outside my house right now. Rained overnight, then immediately froze solid.

Gonna have to spend 20 minutes defrosting my car this morning... if I can even get into it! The doors are probably frozen shut.

I have to pick up more ice-melt tonight after work. Gone through everything I had in the last couple of days.
 Nitro
01-05-2009, 9:15 AM
Holy ****. Another Oilers fan!
I think I'm the only one east of Alberta!
 Zargon
01-05-2009, 9:32 AM

Be happy they made it!

whree have I been????

at home doing nothing....sadly that ended with work today :(
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-05-2009, 9:38 AM
yeah, it's been a great year for the Dolphins, it was great to actually have finally made the playoffs in long, long time.
 Zargon
01-05-2009, 1:35 PM
I bet!

We missed by losing when everyone that needed to lose to get us in, lost
 K_Kinnison
01-05-2009, 3:49 PM
We missed by losing when everyone that needed to lose to get us in, lost

WOw, that is a confusing sentance

Lets make it more confusing

"Us losers, lost by losing when every loser that needed to lose to get us to lose, lost"
 edlib
01-05-2009, 4:38 PM
I'm lost...

:confused:
 GUNNER
01-05-2009, 4:48 PM
I'm lost...

:confused:

Don't worry ace. so am I..

OK, first day of work almost over. It sucked as usual, but I'm glad I have a job to begin with.

Next Monday will be 21 years here.... Man o man.... Getting old.:(
 edlib
01-05-2009, 6:02 PM
Yeah... coming back to work was all i expected it to be and less. :dozey:

Can I have another 2 week's vacation yet?
 Kuuki
01-05-2009, 6:52 PM
oh man

today was a LONG day... ~_~

funeral and the whole sha-bang...

~_~
 Rogue15
01-05-2009, 7:41 PM
heh my mom went through my room....discovered my bottle of vodka. good news, she didn't throw it out. XD

I beat Fable II this afternoon. The ending was quite a hard choice to make...still, going to go through and finish the rest of the quests. I'll have to play through another 2 times to get the other achievements.

going to watch Dark Knight with my parents tonight...for supper we are having venison sloppy joes. :)
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-05-2009, 8:20 PM
I think I'm the only one east of Alberta!

Prime (another LF member) is an Oilers fan. He lives in Ottawa. But yeah, I'm born n' raised in Edmonton. :p

The only team I choose the win this weekend was the Eagles. :indif:
 Nitro
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I've got an uncle in Edmonton that made me swear when I was like 5 that I'd never root for anyone over the Oilers. I was free to cheer for other teams, as long as they weren't playing Edmonton. :p

My NHL 09 BAP is an offensive D-man on the Oilers top defensive pair. I've played every game of the season (nothing shorter than 10 minute periods) and we're currently ahead 2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals over the Leafs. Yes, the Leafs made the Cup finals... They have that superstar Make-A-Wish kid goaltender because I didn't know about her (and thus didn't nerf her friggin stats) until I was already 30 games into the season.
 Keyan Farlander
01-05-2009, 11:27 PM
First day back at work. It was more horrific than I could have possibly imagined. Seriously, I NEED to win the lottery and retire RIGHT NOW.
 Admiral
01-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Went to work today, was rather boring...thinking about buying a chimp and training it to do my job so I can relax.

Next week I have off, my first vacation in 3+ years (last vacation was when i was working on my undergraduate degree). I don't really remember, its been a while.
 K_Kinnison
01-06-2009, 1:29 AM
My day.. wake up around 4 or 4:30, leave for work around 5:15a. Work from 5:30a to 2pm. Got home at 2:30p, putzed around and went to bed from 3:30 to 7pm. Showered, and had supper, went to curling club at 8:15, for an 8:30p draw time.. didn't get out on ice til 9pm because of late game. Didn't get done with game til 11:30p. Now i get to do work all over again, as well as curling at 4:30p
 Rogue15
01-06-2009, 1:31 AM
think im coming down with something. i keep having to sneeze. :(

watched Dark Knight with my parents, this time i didn't fall asleep. I also watched Hancock, which wasn't so bad either. The part where he throws the whale was the best. (considering that specific type of whale used to haunt me in my sleep...)

i gotta work 12-9 tomorrow...wednesday is going to be crazy. :joy:

can't wait until payday...going to get membership to gym and build muscle.
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-06-2009, 1:50 AM
I've got an uncle in Edmonton that made me swear when I was like 5 that I'd never root for anyone over the Oilers. I was free to cheer for other teams, as long as they weren't playing Edmonton. :p

Haha. Well, the Oilers did win tonight. :) And so did the Canadian juniors.

My NHL 09 BAP is an offensive D-man on the Oilers top defensive pair. I've played every game of the season (nothing shorter than 10 minute periods) and we're currently ahead 2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals over the Leafs. Yes, the Leafs made the Cup finals... They have that superstar Make-A-Wish kid goaltender because I didn't know about her (and thus didn't nerf her friggin stats) until I was already 30 games into the season.

Before I received the delightful red-ring of death, I was, also, an offensive D-man in my fourth year. I won the cup with Atlanta in my second year and San Jose (i think) in my third year. :p I won the Norris trophy in my third year with 35 goals and 96 points. That's playing about 50 of the 82 games (usually 5 minute periods) during the regular season. Now, when I was last playing, I think I was with the Avs. :p
 edlib
01-06-2009, 4:58 AM
Fell asleep early. Woke back up early. Ugh...

Hopefully I can stay up a bit later tonight to start some work in that cellar.

Another storm here tomorrow. Oh,.. how I love winter. :rolleyes:
 Nitro
01-06-2009, 8:31 AM
Before I received the delightful red-ring of death, I was, also, an offensive D-man in my fourth year. I won the cup with Atlanta in my second year and San Jose (i think) in my third year. :p I won the Norris trophy in my third year with 35 goals and 96 points. That's playing about 50 of the 82 games (usually 5 minute periods) during the regular season. Now, when I was last playing, I think I was with the Avs. :p
Nice. I scored the OT winner in game 3, and we're up 2-0 with 2:22 left in the first of game 4. 20 minute periods are long.:p
 Rogue15
01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
man...i'm tired. woke up at 9:30. went to bed somewhere around 2. I'll probably be tired today. :(
 Zargon
01-06-2009, 11:21 AM
WOw, that is a confusing sentance

Lets make it more confusing

"Us losers, lost by losing when every loser that needed to lose to get us to lose, lost"

yes, and all those losers includes the packers, who we beat in OT in week 16 :)
 GUNNER
01-06-2009, 2:13 PM
Ok, Tuesday is alot like Monday. Boring..

Hey anyone.

Looking to maybe update some of my old PCs. Old as in P4 Northwood 478 cores and 400FSB and AGP video slots.:(

What's the good stuff with out going broke. I have no idea any more...
 Zargon
01-06-2009, 2:26 PM
intel core 2 duo's, P35 or P45 chipset mobo, the P5u's are OK

DDR2 800 ram
 GUNNER
01-06-2009, 2:35 PM
I was just at Newegg looking up some stuff. Not even sure what I was looking at though. :shades2:

I am a fan of Asus boards and have also used some Abit as well. Like Corsair and Mushkin ram and have pretty much always used Leadtek video cards.

Any other new/good stuff to look for stud?
 GUNNER
01-06-2009, 2:44 PM
Ok, so I looked at a few Asus boards. It looked like there was only 2 slots for expansion cards. A blue one, PCI-E I assume ,and one other white slot....

Do they not make boards with 5-6 slots anymore... Is everyhting built for on-board sound/video/LAN etc.... :confused:
 K_Kinnison
01-06-2009, 4:59 PM
MRMFRGHURGUH

Work was suppose to be easy. That was until we had 12 inbound add-ons. Manager ripped one peoples dispatch a new one for failing ot make appointments for 6 trucks.

Now after an hour nap it is curling again

Left 15 minutes early at work... oh well. I figure after putting away 10 loads, and unloading 2 trucks I might have earned a little leniency when no one else unloaded more then 5 trucks
 Zargon
01-06-2009, 5:12 PM
Ok, so I looked at a few Asus boards. It looked like there was only 2 slots for expansion cards. A blue one, PCI-E I assume ,and one other white slot....

Do they not make boards with 5-6 slots anymore... Is everyhting built for on-board sound/video/LAN etc.... :confused:

you can find them with 3-4 maybe, you pay alot for full sized boards

now that sound and lan are standard on board they do give us less slots
 Rogue15
01-06-2009, 9:21 PM
work was lame boring today. got a bit of maintenance done on the printer...tomorrow's forecast? paper jams! decided to leave at my scheduled time to leave...8pm...due to the weather and the complete boredom i was experiencing.

got home, checked the email...i got a free 3 day trial to that true.com online personal thing, so i figure what the hell, i'll have some fun on it. i only noticed it cause someone sent me one of those stupid wink things, she doesn't have a picture so i'm just going to make fun of her. :evil: or not...person says 'extra-large' ew. no wonder there's no picture. hahaha

uh oh...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. i just sub'd for a month. god dammit. er...nm it's fixed

think i'll just write up a bunch of emails and bust on some chicks. (the ones that are brave enough to post their pictures lol)
 edlib
01-06-2009, 9:30 PM
pwn'd. :p

Work was a little better today. Kept busy, anyway... and we got some things done that will probably save a little us time and headaches down the road.

Morning meeting tomorrow... which is gonna suck more than usual, thanks to the messy, sloppy winter weather predicted for the overnight.

Think I'll eat something light and just hit the hay. Fading fast... and I have the feeling I'm gonna be outside cleaning up early.
 K_Kinnison
01-06-2009, 9:40 PM
just got done curling. tired. at least I got a free supper out of it.
 Rogue15
01-06-2009, 10:21 PM
i got a freakin headache...reoccuring thanks to my people
 Nitro
01-07-2009, 10:28 AM
2) Get satellite before the playoffs. GO OILERS!
One down! Installation's scheduled for next Tuesday, and then I can finally watch hockey (not to mention the Superbowl and Daytona 500) in HD goodness!

In other news, I swept Toronto in to win the Cup in 4 games, then signed with the Devils in the off-season. We're 3-0-0-1 (home opener was an OT loss to the friggin' Red Wings) so far in the 2009/2010 season.
 Zargon
01-07-2009, 1:08 PM
nice
 Zargon
01-07-2009, 3:56 PM
 K_Kinnison
01-07-2009, 4:18 PM
woo!

I killed that nasty virus on my computer.. it started getting bolder and i was able to find the file in question was a corrupted dll file in a hidden folder. Went to safe mode and vaporized the sucker... WOO

Also my cat saw the snow falling and went a little crazy. well... crazier
 GUNNER
01-07-2009, 5:40 PM
That looks like a great Mobo. Might have to keep my eyes peeled. ;)
 edlib
01-07-2009, 7:51 PM
Crummy morning. Got the day off to a lousy start.

I was in a foul mood all day. Probably made all my co-workers miserable... even though I tried to do projects on my own, and not subject them to it.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-07-2009, 9:27 PM
Had a nice day at work. Slow, quiet.

Close tomorrow, so I also have friday off. WHOOT!
 Kuuki
01-07-2009, 10:03 PM
SO it seems like a good probability for me to start attending SUNY Brockport by the end of the month ^_^

just got to get em my HS transcripts and all.
gave em a bunch of stuff about my military background, so hopefully that'll shave alot of credit hours XD
Page: 2 of 5