Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

Page: 4 of 5
 Rogue15
01-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Beat that boss in LO. i got a feeling once i beat this game, i am going to pick up my DS and restart FFIII and get some more FF on that...then pick up a PS2 and as many FF games as i can get my hands on...

forgot how damn addicting and good these story-driven rpgs were.
 Rogue15
01-11-2009, 12:08 AM
something came up today...my one friend, who is the stepson of my old landlord, said there is a full-time position at radioshack...i'm going to check into it, and see if they can match what i'm making at walmart. if everything works out, and they can match walmart's and get me guaranteed 40 hours a week...i'll be able to 'jump ship' lol...this would also provide the opportunity to make the moves on a particular person, as it wouldn't be against policy anymore. intriguing.......................
 Nitro
01-11-2009, 8:52 AM
Played Risk and got drunk on rye last night... Good times! After about 4 hours, I had Australia and most of Asia (Green), a chick holding Africa (Grey), another chick holding half of North America and the bits of Asia I didn't have (Red), a dude desperately hanging on to South America and Mexico (White), and a guy with Europe and the other half of North America (Yellow).

Yellow cashed in for 60 guys, walked across northern Asia and into North America, took out Red, and cashed in a set of her cards for another 60 armies. Then he slaughtered White, got his cards, and cashed in for another 60 armies. He took some serious losses getting into Africa (lost about 80 armies to take a single territory held by 30), but eventually took that too. She didn't have enough cards for him to cash in to come after me, though, and he realized he was seriously overextended now.

I had 5 cards, and was definitely going to trade in and own the board if my turn came up now, so he made a kamikaze push on me... And after a night of rolling 5's and 6's when it mattered most, I kept getting 1's and 2's. It was still close, though... I finally started rolling decently on the second to last territory and took out 12 armies with 2, and the final battle for Eastern Australia was a 4 on 2 and came down to a 1 on 1. Final roll: 6 for Yellow, 1 for me. Ouch.
 edlib
01-11-2009, 9:07 AM
As I was reading that, I kept thinking about playing a game of "Strip Risk." (Every time you lose a territory, you also lose some clothes...)

'Cuz that would be awesome! Sure would up the stakes...

:joy:
 K_Kinnison
01-11-2009, 12:09 PM
YOu need to have a LOT of articles of clothing otherwise everyone would be in skivvies after a few turns. For a "clothing game" I prefer Liers dice... you see it played in the second pirates movie

I hate risk because of the randomness. I rather play Axis and Allies, or supremacy. Problem is, it is hard time find people who are willing to play a marathon session of Supremacy. I know a few people who had a game running for MONTHS
 edlib
01-11-2009, 12:10 PM
YOu need to have a LOT of articles of clothing otherwise everyone would be in skivvies after a few turns.
Your point being...???

K_Kinnison
01-11-2009, 1:24 PM
YOu obviously never seen the show "Dog eat dog" they just had some minor models to a trivia contest and if they got a wrong answer they had to take off some clothing. Only problem was the ladies would often do badly and they would wear 3 or 4 bras, and 5 undies so they couldn't EVER go nude no matter how bad they were. But then again, it couldn't have been on a major network either if that happened.
 edlib
01-11-2009, 1:40 PM
YOu obviously never seen the show "Dog eat dog"...
No. Can't say that I did...

Sounds interesting.

But then there's also the fact that in the internet age, seeing attractive naked women on demand just isn't all that difficult... so waiting for a chick to answer that last wrong question on a station that will never show real nudity seems like an exercise in ratings failure however...
 K_Kinnison
01-11-2009, 3:41 PM
It looks like homefield advantage in the NFL means nothing during the playoffs. I am writing this soon after the Steagles made it 20 to 11 against the East Rutherford Giants near the beginning of the 4th quarter
 Rogue15
01-11-2009, 7:23 PM
another boring day at work. only 1 roll of film. pretty crazy.

i'm tired. i am in the mood to play Empire at War, but this computer sucks for it.

hmmm...uninstalled republic commando to make room for EAW...gonna see how it works...

i may end up reinstalling and resubscribing to SWG by the end of the night. we shall see.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-11-2009, 8:06 PM
Homefield Advantage ment something in Steeler territory. Cold Weather and the Terrible Towels did there job.

Show some humility sometime Rivers, and I may be sympathetic.
 Rogue Nine
01-11-2009, 8:13 PM
ha ha, stupid Giants can't win for shiz no mo. I'm happy and fulfilled NFL-wise. A NY team isn't going to the big game and neither are the Pats.

also Crackface why haven't you added me on Xbawks Live yet
 Kuuki
01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
cus you're a bastard niner :P

anywho, just saw Valkyre with Jango Clone and SuicideXWing

good movie, wanted to get in touch with cracky for an invite :)
YOUR PHONE WAS OFF! XP
 Rogue15
01-11-2009, 11:39 PM
gonna go see that movie on wednesday.

my computer is failing me. i don't know why, i'm sure it's the video card's way of saying 'SCREW YOU' -_-

and i already subscribed to swg. how annoying.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
because i'm on vacation and I didn't want work to bother me about the meeting that I was supposed to go to but my supervisor said I didn't have to.
 Rogue15
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
you gave them....your cell number?!!! bad mistake.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-12-2009, 12:03 AM
it's my ONLY phone number
 Kuuki
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
i see how it is. leaving everyone out in the dark when we could've had a movie watching experience with the great Crackensama...

:tsk:
 Rogue15
01-12-2009, 2:42 AM
so, if you change your number, what are they gonna do, fire you?

I got sick of my computer constant freezing when trying to access anything with video.EAW froze on me, SWG froze 20 minutes remaining on dload. so i said screw it, played a few minutes on FFIII DS, tv became free, so i played a little Lost Odyssey, then decided to put Resident Evil Extinction in. that was pretty good. the chick is damn hot.

i have work 12-8/9 tomorrow. yay.

might stop in at radio shack and see wth they got to offer me as far as employment. i think it would come as a conflict of interest or something and walmart would get involved and raise hell over it if i put a 2 weeks notice and they found i went and worked for a competitor across the street.

then again...i been working at walmart for over 3 years, get a profit sharing incentive, 2 weeks vacation time a year, decent pay, people i work with aren't too bad. i dunno. from what i hear, the boss at radio shack would hire me on my friend's recommendation alone. trying to weigh the pros and cons of it....i should just say screw it and do it.

or just toss a coin and go about it that way.
 edlib
01-12-2009, 4:17 AM
Got one part of the cellar floor tiled yesterday.

Went pretty quick, and is mostly easy. Haven't tried cutting any of the tiles to fit odd spaces yet. That will be a real test.

I'll get pictures up later.

Work starts at 8 this morning. Ugh.

I don't have to be in that early... but I promised I'd get there as early as I could.
 Rogue15
01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
computer continually freezes on me. :( i get the 'no signal' on the monitor after everything locks up. rice crispy sounds coming from the speakers prior to the lockup. i've reseated the video card. this reminds me when the other dell was about to die. except it would at least have the courtesy to restart on its own. this one requires holding the power button until it shuts down. -_- i can't do much of anything that requires hard drive activity. so it could be 2 things. i tried hooking my acer back up, but same thing as before...spinning fans, no POST or any beeps.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
It's my only phone number. Since I need to be in contact with work when i'm not on vacation, they need it.
Ce'lavie
 Zargon
01-12-2009, 1:21 PM
same here, work has my cell.

I get paid when they call me and I am off work anyways

my OS drive and my storage drive gave me SMART errors yesterday, so I have spent ALOT of money in the last 24 hours....
 GUNNER
01-12-2009, 1:28 PM
And it's another Monday already. Nothing new to report. Same old crap. :)
 edlib
01-12-2009, 8:31 PM
Blah day.

Really tired now.

Sleep... I need sleep...
 Rogue15
01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
i decided to click that shielded exclamation point that's been sitting on my taskbar for over a year now. it's supposed to update the system or something. maybe this will fix the lockouts. i hope so. i want to play EAW and SWG.
 K_Kinnison
01-13-2009, 5:43 AM
woke up this morning and my kitty is REALLY wound up. I was trying to put on my socks and he thought he found the perfect toy
 Zargon
01-13-2009, 9:58 AM
thats because he did.

wait till I abduct him and wolver-ize him.
 edlib
01-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Went to bed right after my last post... just woke up.

Yikes!

That's 13 hours of sleep, more or less.

Now I have to rush and bust ass to get out of the house!

(But I sure do feel a lot better this morning!!!) :D
 GUNNER
01-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Tuesday, 8:44AM Same as usual. Had a hearing test, hasn't changed much since my initial test in 87.

Good news though..

BattleStar Gallactica starts up again this Friday. :)
 Kuuki
01-13-2009, 12:05 PM
^

\o/
 Zargon
01-13-2009, 1:09 PM
Tuesday, 8:44AM Same as usual. Had a hearing test, hasn't changed much since my initial test in 87.

Good news though..

BattleStar Gallactica starts up again this Friday. :)

heck yes!

my fridays are too busy now, with Numbers, Psych, Monk, and BSG running in tandem :(

want to check out flashpoint too which is CBS before Numbers.

Gave up on sanctuary long ago....
 GUNNER
01-13-2009, 3:56 PM
I'm pretty pumped. especially since we had to wait since what, last March for it to start back up... I'll be suprised if they don't take a 3 month break inbetween these 10 shows. :)
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-13-2009, 4:49 PM
Broke my Rock Band 2 kick pedal yesterday. Have yet to replace it because I was planning on buying the ION kit for RB2.

Maybe.... saving money seems more prudent at this point.
 Rogue15
01-13-2009, 9:29 PM
i want a new computer. sick of this one's nonsense. my dad's coming home tonight with some big macs. :joy: no work tomorrow!

still gotta go check out radio shack, then weigh the pros and cons. walmart, when i think about it, actually has ALOT of pros. 1-good pay, 2-always new coworkers to make friends with, 3-10% discount on alot of stuff, 4-easy work hardly gets too boring, 5-i get profit sharing bonus every 3 months, 6-i worked there long enough to get 2 weeks paid vacation a year...

the cons are...they cut hours down to 34 which really sucks sometimes...then they pull me to run front register or some other nonsense cause they fired all the temps and now don't have enough front-end coverage.

tonight....i'm gonna try and fix The Acer. I've done a little bit o' research on 'NO POST, drives/fans spinning' issues and it could possibly be the PSU. i don't recall changing that out. since i know the one in this computer works...i am going to perform the operation...hopefully i have success. it would improve my love life anyway.
 K_Kinnison
01-14-2009, 12:37 AM
as i have said numerous times, I would enjoy and love BSG if they didn't have someone with Parkinson's disease holding the camera. It might work if you are shaking martini's but it just makes me nauseous to watch on TV.

Besides I have been enjoying Sanctuary... one of my favorite quotes to date:

Women: what just happened?
Man: Jack the ripper just dissed the guy who invented Radio
 Rogue15
01-14-2009, 1:37 AM
attempts at computer repair went as expected. fail.
 edlib
01-14-2009, 4:17 AM
Easy day at work yesterday.

Went to bed fairly early again... though I didn't actually get to sleep all that early.

Woke up before 4 a.m. today.

I guess all that sleep yesterday is now going to throw me off for the rest of the week.

Bleh...
 K_Kinnison
01-14-2009, 6:20 AM
I woke up before 4am with a cat attacking my Ankles.

Now it is cold outside.. i mean.. REAL cold. COld enough to freeze spit
 GUNNER
01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
And a happy hump day to everyone.... Pretty cold here today as well, car temp gauge said 32*.
Nothing new and exciting here. :(
 Rogue15
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
it's cold here too...12 degrees.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-14-2009, 1:00 PM
9*f right now in Rochester, NY.

And it's only going to get colder.
 Zargon
01-14-2009, 2:11 PM
17 here and on its way down to a forcasted -5
 Kuuki
01-14-2009, 2:18 PM
least i'm glad that my house is heated by cheap energy...

... Wood furnace!

I start fires...!
 Zargon
01-14-2009, 3:22 PM
nice.

mine is old and drafty.

178 dollars for 15-Nov to 15-Dec Power bill :(
 GUNNER
01-14-2009, 5:33 PM
nice.

mine is old and drafty.

178 dollars for 15-Nov to 15-Dec Power bill :(

Last month ours was $350 I think for electricity and gas... :(
 Kuuki
01-14-2009, 6:25 PM
I win!

just only lose come Aug through Oct when we gotta cut it all XP

but this year we got a bunch of coal, its cleaner then wood actually.
 edlib
01-14-2009, 9:27 PM
I have a coal burning stove in my basement, and a huge bin of coal in my backyard.

I've never used it.

It's crossed my mind more than once lately, though...

Work was slow. I was wiped out all day, again...

Well... at least I had one day this week where I felt good. That's one more than I can usually expect.
 K_Kinnison
01-14-2009, 9:38 PM
At the sound of the tone, it will be -1 Degree's in Madison, and will get down to a projected -12 later on

*B-B-B-B-BEEP*
 Rogue15
01-14-2009, 9:45 PM
still 12 degrees but it has started to snow.
Page: 4 of 5