Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

Page: 3 of 5
 Rogue15
01-07-2009, 10:32 PM
nice, scar. :D

Work was boring. It was me my manager and the old guy. :D only did 3 rolls of film..got out of there at 8. :)

ended up not going out...my friend didn't want to risk an accident and said they'd probably be closed anyway, we're supposedly getting 2-3 inches of snow tonight. definitely going out friday night, checking out that new club.

i got home, and put in Fable II...i'm sad to say it is getting boring/repetitive. I was messing around with people and of course, the game froze on me. So out of frustration, i took the game out, gave a sigh of anger, and put Call of Duty 4 in. Loaded up the multiplayer team deathmatch hardcore. Scored a good amount of kills with the M21 Sniper Rifle. I got 13 kills, 0 deaths on Showdown. normally i wouldn't use a sniper rifle on that map, but i only needed 3 kills for the ACOG scope. I impressed myself.

Think I'll play some more tonight, after I do some missions in Assassin's Creed. I'd like to get that game beaten. :D
 GUNNER
01-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Work sucked as usual, mass flooding going on, road/hiway home is closed so I had to take back roads. Has been raining almost non stop for more then 28-30 hours.

Tonightafter dinner the family went to the neighboring city to their city maintanance building and helped fill/tie/stack sand bags for almost 2 hours. We left at about 8:30PM and most all the city workers have been there since 8AM.

Lost of homes lost. :(
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Cleared the Obsidium Sanctum 10 man raid on World of Warcraft. Easy easy fight.

Guild DPS is now wondering how I'm pushing so much damage out. I beat the mages out, which hasn't happened EVER.
 Zargon
01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
arg its only thursday

tomorrow for lunch I am heading the local natl guard armory to do their virtual shooting course :D

off to the indy 1500 gun show sunday looking for a new to me glock
 Kuuki
01-08-2009, 1:08 PM
Cleared the Obsidium Sanctum 10 man raid on World of Warcraft. Easy easy fight.

Guild DPS is now wondering how I'm pushing so much damage out. I beat the mages out, which hasn't happened EVER.

cus you're a crack addict and you feed your online character the same stuff...

naughty naughty... :tsk:
 Rogue15
01-08-2009, 4:42 PM
I just picked up Kmart's last copy of Lost Odyssey. I'm in the mode for a nice, long, story-based, RPG...
 smack500
01-08-2009, 6:33 PM
Whats up guys.

New to the forum, came across your thread from last year. Not really into the lucas games, only ones I enjoyed were Kotor I & II. Went through a crappy holidays spent it with some friends. Girl dumped me in the middle of november. Which I had got out of jail in september. For those of you complaining about not having a job, try to get one with a felony.

I live in Virginia, in a small town 40 miles sw of Richmond. Just beat bioshock last week, playing an oldie currently. Neverwinter nights 2.
 Rogue15
01-08-2009, 6:37 PM
nice to meet you, smack. :)
 smack500
01-08-2009, 6:43 PM
Thanks man, bored as hell right now. Saw the ex last night, and her kids, brought back a lot of memmories. Got drunk, and had a pitty party lol. After we broke tried the friend thing, but it didnt work out to well obviously. Trying to find things to do so I wont want to call or text. You can only put so many hours into games though haha.

Just browsing the net getting into everything I can.
 Rogue15
01-08-2009, 6:49 PM
well, may i recommend MMORPG? lol trust me...they will make you forget about reality sometimes. too bad my computer is not as stable as it once was. i'd be resubbing to star wars galaxies this month. i gotta save for a new one.
 smack500
01-08-2009, 6:53 PM
If I knew of a good one that didnt have monthly fees. As I said dont have a job. Not many companies looking to hire people with a distribution of cocaine charge these days. Even mcdonalds turned me down haha.
 Rogue15
01-08-2009, 7:03 PM
ah..not sure what places would hire. i'd check out temp agencies though, or you can browse grocery stores, etc where people post their business cards and ask if they are hiring, even if it's temporary. idk, i hate job hunting.
 Kuuki
01-08-2009, 9:07 PM
So apparently I'm the international guy to diagnose people's computer problems

first it was Jango's problem which i couldnt diagnose w/o me being there (so i visited and didnt take me very long to figure it out, jango you goof...) , then it was someone on steam whom is from Toronto. well, again, hard to do w/o me being there.

oy.
 Rogue15
01-08-2009, 9:36 PM
i got 2 computers you can fix for me. almost guarantee it's the ****ing motherboards on em. -_-
 edlib
01-08-2009, 9:55 PM
So apparently I'm the international guy to diagnose people's computer problems

first it was Jango's problem which i couldnt diagnose w/o me being there (so i visited and didnt take me very long to figure it out, jango you goof...) , then it was someone on steam whom is from Toronto. well, again, hard to do w/o me being there.

oy.
Sounds like a business in the making:

"The Fixer:
The only man in the business who will cross national borders to repair computer problems nobody else will touch!"

You'll need your own private jet, of course. Write it off as a transportation expense...

:D

Work was blah. Not easy... not hard... just blah. High schoolers butchering jazz.

I guess I'm managing our division's intraweb site now. Who knew?

Looks easy enough... but I'm just really in love with the fact I was volunteered to do this work by a couple of fellow workers.

Hmmm...

My revenge list just got a couple of names longer...
 Rogue15
01-08-2009, 10:02 PM
edlib's rise to power? ;) need a katana (http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Handmade-Japan-Samurai-Sword-Japan-katana_W0QQitemZ120360135904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_) DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120360135904&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1240|66%3A1|65%3A12|39%3A2|240%3A13 07)?
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-08-2009, 10:12 PM
When buying a sword, a functional one, especially a Katana, be prepared to invest several thousand dollars.

That crap you find on E-Bay or stores that say "Combat Ready" usualy will only survive one or two swings against a zombie.
 K_Kinnison
01-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Okay.. i am in a really really good mood right now.

I love my job, I have a really cure and lovable kitten, Curling season is in Mid-swing, and i just got done with a really good game, i have a really nice apartment, and a car that runs well. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be a girlfriend.

Love you all!
 Wildstar
01-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Forgot to post the early pace...as of midnight (board time) on Dec. 7 we had 101 posts in the thread, putting us on pace for 5,252 posts after one week. Not that I expect us to keep up that pace, but it's a promising start.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-09-2009, 12:11 AM
If we keep up that pace then I would be amazed. Absolutley astounded.

Work has been OK. I called in sick for a few days (Unpaid, no sick time, but I needed a break so I value that over pay), work for three days, then from Sunday to Wednesday is paid time off.

THANK GOD I'm a genius. ;)
 Kuuki
01-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Sounds like a business in the making:

"The Fixer:
The only man in the business who will cross national borders to repair computer problems nobody else will touch!"

You'll need your own private jet, of course. Write it off as a transportation expense...

sounds interesting, considering that i'm so not the type to do 'over the phone' or in this case 'over the chat room' tech support... :dozey:

i'm actually really good at the diagnosing part of a problem, its just that i cant do much if i cant see what's been the problem...

I'm the House of computer problems :dozey:
 Rogue15
01-09-2009, 2:00 AM
i used that valentine's day request off as a bargaining chip for the first saturday in february. the new schedule that's coming up has me with wednesday, thursday, and friday off. my coworker who i thought quit or just went awol, requested valentine's day week off, he got rejected for having v-day off cause of ME. so he asked management and they said he could ask if i would switch with him, and well...hahaha

just got into Lost Odyssey....i forgot what a pain in the ass rpgs were when you first start out...until i ran into the first boss....and being tired, i repeatedly killed my party...must've been at least 10 times?

gah.
 K_Kinnison
01-09-2009, 5:49 AM
Valentine's day? you mean the If-you-are-single-with-no-one-you-are-loser-pond-scum day?

Haven't even tried to figure which day of the week it is
 edlib
01-09-2009, 7:10 AM
I am determined that I'm NOT gonna let it bother me this year.

As of New Years, I have decided that I am now no longer to be classified: "single and looking" but instead: "single and not looking" or perhaps instead: "single and totally apathetic about it."

I haven't yet determined if this is to be merely a temporary reprieve... or a permanent change in my outlook.

I also don't know if it is a passive or an active denial. ('Doing things as I have been doing, and if something interesting happens, maybe explore it, but just not seek it or try to force it...' vs: 'Avoid all situations that might possibly lead me to start thinking about it as a possibility again, and actually refuse any offers that might come my way...')

I've spent way too much time, thought, and effort dwelling on this matter over the last couple of years, only to end up in a worse place than where I started. I need a break.

We'll see how I feel about it in a couple of months as to whether I wish to continue down that path or not.
 Kuuki
01-09-2009, 8:29 AM
I prefer to say it:

"Single and completely pessimistic to looking" :dozey:

although i think i can qualify, among most others in this forum:

"Single and too busy playing vidya gamez" :joy:
 edlib
01-09-2009, 8:49 AM
I prefer to say it:
"Single and completely pessimistic to looking" :dozey:
That also works. I won't deny it...

But, after several decades of banging my head against a wall, hoping that somehow a new attempt will turn out somehow differently, I think it's time to accept fate as gracefully as I can muster.

Isn't the textbook definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”?
 Zargon
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM
when I was single it was 'easiest night to hookup with a random girl at a bar' day.

You guys go to the wrong places :)
 Rogue15
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM
haha good times right
 Keyan Farlander
01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
It feels like a no-win situation to me sometimes. Either you have no one, living only for yourself, which stinks unless you devote yourself to something else important, or you have someone, and have to put up with all the B.S. that that implies, which also stinks. And there will be tons of B.S., because men and women have completely lost their identities in our society, which is becoming increasingly androgynous. A true complimentary relationship is impossible now, because the differences and implications thereof are no longer respected, putting the spouses into a competetive and stressful situation. There are some men and women who have not fallen into this trap, but they are few and far between.
 Kuuki
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
helps if i GO somewhere... :rolleyes:

Well, got my interview done. I can say that it seemed to go very well
but basically, with out having to give out my life story, everyone whom I knew in Monroe2Boces are all in higher places now, so its nice to have friends there ^_^

esp. when one of my former teachers is now the main exec who runs the Elementary Science Program, where my mom works :rolleyes:
 GUNNER
01-09-2009, 12:16 PM
And we made it to Friday. SWEET! :D Work is going better today. One of the regulars took the day off so I get to run his machine. Might watch the dark knight at lunch. Son had his first BB game tomorrow. Have to work some O/T on Sunday.

Made the last payment on our Yukon last week. Oh yeah. Now to just keep it running. :)
 K_Kinnison
01-09-2009, 1:35 PM
wow.. i really know how to get the thread going in the wrong direction

Right now, I don't care if I am seeing someone. My life is fine where it is. But I am certainly going to make an effort to ask some girls out.. dinner, coffee/tea and Damn them if they say no and miss an opportunity

oh and btw i am at work right now.. have use of a computer connected tot he internets. They put me in charge of the warehouse dock.. WOO.
 Wildstar
01-09-2009, 2:31 PM
I find myself torn between entering two tournaments: the People's Tournament later this month at Westgate Lanes and my local bowling association's championship tournament next month at North Bowl Lanes in N. Attleboro. There's a bigger top prize in the People's, but the idea of being one of my city's champions (the local association event is commonly called the city tournament) has always appealed to me, and I'd have three shots at becoming one (there are events for 4-man teams, doubles and singles...four if you count the all-events title).

What do you guys think? I can only bowl one of them due to my budget, so which one?
 Zargon
01-09-2009, 3:13 PM
hit the local one :)

big fish small pond > smallish med fish in big pond :D
 Rogue15
01-09-2009, 4:41 PM
imma get drunk tonight.
 Ray Jones
01-09-2009, 5:08 PM
fffff
 Zargon
01-09-2009, 5:30 PM
imma get drunk tonight.

I think I'll get drunk tomorrow night playing lots of wii with a few friends...
 Ray Jones
01-09-2009, 5:37 PM
well that's reason enough
 K_Kinnison
01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I wil lget drunk tomorrow. Just bought a 6 pack of beer, and a big bottle of Vodka. I also have a bottle of riesling in the fridge for further inebriated consumption
 Rogue15
01-10-2009, 3:28 AM
wooooop!!!! hit my first deer on the way home...well...rather it hit me. no visible damage..i saw one in front of me was like '**** it' kept driving..then BAM! on my left side, was like 'ok what the **** ever yo!' and well heh whatever...supposed to get alot of snow tomorrow...god im tired. went to 2-3 bars tonight...the mines...well i'd say why they call it that but it wouldn't be nice on these forums. anyway. had like 4 rum and cokes, 2 smirnoff ice, a blue kamikaze shot, and a jell-o shot. went to a diner, got some fries and water. tomorrow work is going to suck cause well...supposed to get alot of snow, so it'll be a slow day! so it can't suck that bad....maybe i'll get snowed in?

Ray Jones
01-10-2009, 9:04 AM
drunken or not, bragging about driving into a bunch of animals sounds rather stupid to me, Rogue15 D:
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Finished reading both the Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection Against the Living Dead and World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks.

Really really interesting and fresh.
 Admiral
01-10-2009, 12:02 PM
The zombie survival guide is one of the reasons I now own rifles...the zombies are coming.

Have my first week off in a couple of years, not sure what I'm going to do. Today I think I'm going to do some cleaning, maybe watch some movies to. Try and figure out where I can put more weapons...I'm more or less surrounded by my collection.
 edlib
01-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Really productive day at work yesterday. Got a lot of really important maintenance projects finally wrapped up... and had a really good long lunch to boot!

We made a lot of changes that should make things easier and more efficient in the long run. Whoo-Hoo!

Also had a meeting about me becoming the webmaster of the division's intranet page. The changes they want to make in the short term sound easy. The long term goals sound super ambitious. Hmmm...

Slipped on a set of stairs carrying a box down from an upper deck. Bruised the crap out of my arm. Blah.

That's going to suck when I have to tackle the shoveling tomorrow. More snow tonight... and a ****-load of it too.
Hooray...

Went out with a bunch of co-workers to a great barbecue place in Brookline last night. It was a good time... though the place is so popular and hopping on a Friday night that it took us over an hour just to get a table.

(The food is TOTALLY worth it, though! I also have it on good authority that the beer selection is too...)

Have a couple of errands to take care of this afternoon... then I HAVE to start on that cellar room this weekend. Not having that space to use has been driving me batty.

And as far as my romantic travails:

Zarg:
I don't drink, and I've never been interested in quick, meaningless hook-ups. So really, the bar scene just isn't for me.
Not that I haven't tried it, too... way back in the ancient past. Hated it... and really had no better luck there than anywhere else anyway.

Plus, there's now the additional complication of sharing a pretty small house with my elderly mom. Coming back to my place with someone I just met isn't really much of an option these days...

I have decided that I'm going to do my best to not think about it for the first quarter of this year. 3 months. Seems a good period of time to try to get my mind back in order.

After that, I'll reassess as to whether or not I really want to continue along that path or not.
 Kuuki
01-10-2009, 1:14 PM
The zombie survival guide is one of the reasons I now own rifles...the zombies are coming.

BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD!
http://a3.vox.com/6a00e398c0859e000200f48cdd18530002-500pi)
 Ikhnaton
01-10-2009, 3:59 PM
fish wrangler on facebook is addicting as hell, especially for a game that you can only play every 15 minutes or so.
 K_Kinnison
01-10-2009, 5:53 PM
fish wrangler on facebook is addicting as hell, especially for a game that you can only play every 15 minutes or so.

I prefer mousehunt myself... same people who make FW, make MH, but MH is a bit more advanced and complex. Still fun every 15 minutes
 Ikhnaton
01-10-2009, 6:51 PM
i just started on mousehunt today. Personally i prefer the FW interface, but I guess it is whatever you started with.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-10-2009, 8:45 PM
&#%* THE RAVENS.
 Kuuki
01-10-2009, 8:50 PM
&#%* the death knights!!

an no i'm not playing again
Page: 3 of 5