Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Updated]Revans Mask Plus+ 2.0

Page: 2 of 4
 T7nowhere
11-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by su27
Could You give here a short description what should I add to my custom appearance and head 2da's ?
I've tried to add some lines from your files but I cant get it working.
I have (a little customised by me) 2da files from Juhani Dark Robe & Sanctuary Threads Mod.

Ok first appearance.2da row #592 is the one is the one used by the utc file and that row was copyed from Darth Bandon(row 184)

Now if you don't want to edit Appeance or heads the easy way around it is to edit "darkjedi_rev.utc" (you will need a gff editor to edit this file. you can find one in the Tools and mods stuck) The only thing you need to edit here is "Appearance_Type" an appropriate defualt row to use is

41 Dark_Jedi_Sith_Apprentice
379 Dark_Jedi_Master_01
421 Dark_Jedi_Master_02
422 Dark_Jedi_Master_03

By changing the number in the utc will save you a bit of time and that will render appearance.2da,heads.2da,twilek_m01d.tga, and N_DarthBand05.tga. unnecessary.

However if you want to combine My 2da's with your's you will need to add a new row into your appearance.2da that matches row 592 from my file(ofcourse though the row number will be different)

Now to edit Heads.2da, open the file and goto row 62 and add twilek_m01d.tga into the headexvvve row, the last step is to edit file darkjedi_rev.utc and change "Appearance_Type" to the row number you added into appearance.2da, save the files to override and your done.
 Nerull
12-17-2004, 5:07 PM
This is the first time I am modding a game, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm having problems. I extracted all of the files into the Override folder, but I am having the following problems:
[list=1]
I am having that problem where Nemo (and Trask, right before he commits suicide) are in all white robes. Minor thing, I ignored it. However...
After getting all 4 star maps, I go to the cantina on Korriban, and the only thing that happened was Yuthura was there for a second, then vanished suddenly. No dark jedi.
[/list=1]

I've tried extracting again, extracting with the folders and without, and each time leaving the planet and coming back. Still nothing.

I hate to sound like a total noob (well, I am actually, but still hate sounding like one), but could someone help me out with this? I would really like to get this thing working right (I guess I could try to figure out how to cheat in the items, but that would be a last resort).
 darth makaan
12-17-2004, 7:05 PM
awsome will this be included in the next holowan plugin?
 T7nowhere
12-18-2004, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by Nerull
This is the first time I am modding a game, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm having problems. I extracted all of the files into the Override folder, but I am having the following problems:
[list=1]
I am having that problem where Nemo (and Trask, right before he commits suicide) are in all white robes. Minor thing, I ignored it. However...
After getting all 4 star maps, I go to the cantina on Korriban, and the only thing that happened was Yuthura was there for a second, then vanished suddenly. No dark jedi.
[/list=1]

I've tried extracting again, extracting with the folders and without, and each time leaving the planet and coming back. Still nothing.

I hate to sound like a total noob (well, I am actually, but still hate sounding like one), but could someone help me out with this? I would really like to get this thing working right (I guess I could try to figure out how to cheat in the items, but that would be a last resort).

I might have a fix for the problem of the Dark Jedi Not showing. Darth333 gave me the script that should fix it I just have to find the right globals. If you have a savegame right before that glitch happend It could be usefull to me.

As for the problems with Trask and Nemo you can fix it if you install Holowan plug-in then install this mod over top of it( overwriting all files.

awsome will this be included in the next holowan plugin?

You Can install this mod over Holowan plug-in.
 Renegade Angel
12-18-2004, 9:20 AM
When I install the mod all my robes are replaced with Revan's Robes but the hood is round, my character stands like a girl, and
my robes are kinda like clothes (its kind of hard to eplain)
 T7nowhere
12-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Chains
When I install the mod all my robes are replaced with Revan's Robes but the hood is round, my character stands like a girl, and
my robes are kinda like clothes (its kind of hard to eplain)

Well all I can say to that is either you combined the appearance.2da incorrectly or or just don't like the robes. :) In that case I suggest that you just don't use them. the mask looks pretty good with armor.
 StoneDragon
12-18-2004, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Ok first appearance.2da row #592 is the one is the one used by the utc file and that row was copyed from Darth Bandon(row 184)

Now if you don't want to edit Appeance or heads the easy way around it is to edit "darkjedi_rev.utc" (you will need a gff editor to edit this file. you can find one in the Tools and mods stuck) The only thing you need to edit here is "Appearance_Type" an appropriate defualt row to use is

379 Dark_Jedi_Master_01
421 Dark_Jedi_Master_02
422 Dark_Jedi_Master_03

By changing the number in the utc will save you a bit of time and that will render appearance.2da,heads.2da,twilek_m01d.tga, and N_DarthBand05.tga. unnecessary.

However if you want to combine My 2da's with your's you will need to add a new row into your appearance.2da that matches row 592 from my file(ofcourse though the row number will be different)

Now to edit Heads.2da, open the file and goto row 62 and add twilek_m01d.tga into the headexvvve row, the last step is to edit file darkjedi_rev.utc and change "Appearance_Type" to the row number you added into appearance.2da, save the files to override and your done.

I'm confuse about the GFF thing.
 Renegade Angel
12-18-2004, 3:00 PM
Oh I didnt think of that!:D :rolleyes: ;)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-18-2004, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by StoneDragon
I'm confuse about the GFF thing.

Check this for a visual reference. It sometimes helps to "see" an example.

Click here for a visual (57kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/UTC-App2da_example.gif)
 StoneDragon
12-18-2004, 3:39 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Check this for a visual reference. It sometimes helps to "see" an example.

Click here for a visual (57kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor%20screens/UTC-App2da_example.gif)
Eh, but I don't have line 592, so what will I do?
 darth makaan
12-18-2004, 5:32 PM
is there gonna be a new version of it?
 StoneDragon
12-18-2004, 6:27 PM

379 Dark_Jedi_Master_01
421 Dark_Jedi_Master_02
422 Dark_Jedi_Master_03

If I edit 592 to 41, 379, or 421 then it will be ok?Right?

Now I don't understan this part. What row do I need to add?
 T7nowhere
12-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Open up the appearance .2da you want to keep and scroll down to the bottom of the list. thats where you ad the new line. so if the last row in the list is 509 the new row will 510. This number is what you would the appearance type node in the utc as ChAiNz so perfectly Illistrated.

It should also be noted that I also edited the columns modelj and texj for all the PC rows, so you willnee to edit this as well.

To save yourself some time findout what appearance.2da row your character is useing. This can be accomplished by checking your savegame with KSE(KotOR Savegame Editor ) http://www.pcgamemods.com/9170/)
 StoneDragon
12-19-2004, 7:15 AM
Ok, here's what I'm doing.
(In override)
I extract the 2da on the override then open it with KT tool.

(In KT tool)
I open the 2da and compare it with the override 2da then add what is in the override 2da.

It's hard cause there is so many to add, specially when Im doing it with the appearance. 2da.

I have so many to add in the mask plus.

How do I copy and paste the 2da to another 2da with KT tool?
 ChAiNz.2da
12-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by StoneDragon
It's hard cause there is so many to add, specially when Im doing it with the appearance. 2da.

I have so many to add in the mask plus.

How do I copy and paste the 2da to another 2da with KT tool?
It might be easier to use the Mask+ appearance.2da and just add your lines to it.

Unfortunately, we can't copy & paste between 2 different .2da files (at the moment...hey Fred, would this possible in a future edition?)

::EDIT::
SWEEET, my new username has been changed :D hehehe
 90SK
12-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Tee hee! At first I thought someone had registered as that and I was thinking "Oh boy, this is going to raise hell" but I see it was just you. Nifty!:)
 Mono_Giganto
12-19-2004, 11:17 AM

Don't forget to fix the avatar. :)

Lol, check out the 1337n3s5 in my post count. :)
 StoneDragon
12-19-2004, 11:26 AM
It might be easier to use the Mask+ appearance.2da and just add your lines to it.

Unfortunately, we can't copy & paste between 2 different .2da files (at the moment...hey Fred, would this possible in a future edition?)

Ohhhhhhhhhh....
 Nerull
12-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I might have a fix for the problem of the Dark Jedi Not showing. Darth333 gave me the script that should fix it I just have to find the right globals. If you have a savegame right before that glitch happend It could be usefull to me.

As for the problems with Trask and Nemo you can fix it if you install Holowan plug-in then install this mod over top of it( overwriting all files.

You Can install this mod over Holowan plug-in.

I have a copy of save game. I tried to PM you for the email address to send it, but your mailbox is full.
 T7nowhere
12-19-2004, 2:45 PM
ok my inbox is clear. My email is in the readme, Just pack the save game then send it to me. :)
 Nerull
12-19-2004, 5:42 PM
ok my inbox is clear. My email is in the readme, Just pack the save game then send it to me. :)

Thanks. I zipped and sent to you. I do have the Padawan mod added as well, but I installed that one first, then the Mask Plus.
 Janan Pacha
01-29-2005, 5:44 PM
Hhmmm . . . I was going to try it out, but apparently my trial is up and won't let me open rar files anymore until I dish out money. :(
 Darth Stryke
01-29-2005, 7:55 PM
Quick question-what line in appearance.2da do I need to fix to make Nemo look normal? I am temporarily on 56k (ugh) so I cannot get the Halowan mod yet. Takes too long to D/L :(
 ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 1:13 AM
Originally posted by BoL_Stryke
Quick question-what line in appearance.2da do I need to fix to make Nemo look normal? I am temporarily on 56k (ugh) so I cannot get the Halowan mod yet. Takes too long to D/L :(
I believe (with uncertainty ;) ) it's #303, Jedi_White_Old_Male
The modela, texa -> modeli, texi columns (all 18) should have the values "N_JediCounM" & envmap=DEFAULT
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 8:32 AM
AAHHHH, That is wierd! I thought it was that as well Chainz, but then I did the change and on character creation, my character's heads show up as random aliens. :confused: T7, what did you do to poor Nemo! He already had it hard enough, ahhhhhh. Anyways, changing that did not work, I got random aliens on character creation class select menu and then when I click portrait, the game usually crashed because there is a random alien there. I guess I will play around with it for a bit and see what's up.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 9:30 AM
AAHHHH, That is wierd! I thought it was that as well Chainz, but then I did the change and on character creation, my character's heads show up as random aliens. :confused: T7, what did you do to poor Nemo! He already had it hard enough, ahhhhhh. Anyways, changing that did not work, I got random aliens on character creation class select menu and then when I click portrait, the game usually crashed because there is a random alien there. I guess I will play around with it for a bit and see what's up.
Well that's just plain weird :eyeraise:

If you want, I can send you my appearance.2da, It's compatible with quite a few mods. Though not AIOFP or Holowan Plug-in (I know, I know...blasphemy! shoot me now...) :p

OR, if you have specifics in mind, let me know. I may have already created it...

Though I do commend you in taking the steps and editing the .2da's yourself, Kudos! :thumbsup:

Now...if we can just spread the word... heh
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 9:53 AM
Well, you forget Chainz, I have been around since the old days of KOTOR editing. I know how to do 2da's and uti's and hex editing and scripting (somewhat) and stuff like that. I was around when we were figuring all this stuff out, man that was a long time ago. Been doing that for a while now, since this forum started really. I just took a long break and probably seem like a noob because I am not good with GMAX so I had to ask a billion questions about getting my model in-game. :D Gosh, with the combination of mods I use, id never be able to play if I did not know how to make them all work together. The reason I asked what Nemo's appearance line was because when I changed it it messed up and I was making sure I did not forget anything. Looking in T7's appearance 2da that came with this mod, he changed something that messed Nemo up and as of right now, I am not sure how to fix it because changing that appearance line messes with the PC. Hopefully he will see this soon enough and let me know whats going on since I can't really download the Halowan mod on 56k unless I just connect and go do something else for a few hours. (Can't wait for Cable)
 ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, you forget Chainz, I have been around since the old days of KOTOR editing. I know how to do 2da's and uti's and hex editing and scripting (somewhat) and stuff like that. I was around when we were figuring all this stuff out, man that was a long time ago. Been doing that for a while now, since this forum started really.
Ahh...forgive my lingering n00bness, (DOH!) and thank you for 'being around' to figure this stuff out, giving people such as myself the ability to mod...
Should've known better than to "assume by post count".. Let his be a lesson to others! :tsk: :lol:

In any case, good luck with your problem, and if I stumble upon an answer, I'll be sure to let you know. :D
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey, it is not a big deal. My post count is lower than the other old posters because I took a hiatus from KOTOR modding because I was working with some other games and I realized they were not as fun anyways and so I came back to KOTOR (especially with TSL coming) When I came back I actually had to re-read some old stuff just because I was rusty and did not remember a lot. I have been lurking around but, until recently, had not been posting in a long time. Besides, 99 percent of the people here (you definitely included) are still better modders than I since all I learned was the basics and then did not touch KOTOR for a while :D Speaking of which, as soon as this paper I am working on is done, I have to finish my new saber mod thingy. Wonder if I still have any of my old mods lying around I could post on pcgamemods....
 T7nowhere
01-30-2005, 2:03 PM
tssk, tssk, tssk :fist: Somebody did not read this entire thread. The reason nemo has no texture was because in the Holowan Plug-in I gave him One of Primes Movie robe textures(I fogot to fix this. So way back in November I edited a defualt appearance.2da for those that didn't want to use holowan Plug-in

Download (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/darkjedi_rev.rar) and install these files. All that I changed in appearance.2da is the Revan robe column to use my model and the Darkjedi uses a defualt DJ appearence.
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 2:17 PM
Thanks for the reply T7, sorry for not reading. I did figure this out though like 10 minutes before reading your post and I just stuck a robe texture in that matched the appearance.2da and it worked. Sorry again. :(
 T7nowhere
01-30-2005, 2:28 PM
Thanks for the reply T7, sorry for not reading. I did figure this out though like 10 minutes before reading your post and I just stuck a robe texture in that matched the appearance.2da and it worked. Sorry again. :(

np, Im glade you figured out another way. :)
 Keiko
02-01-2005, 6:42 PM
Geeeez, how come one T7 always, pulls out one of his awesome mods, I can't download them, It's because it's WinRar, and that never works for me!:rolleyes: . Anyway, AWESOME mod T7!:)
 Kishkuma
02-02-2005, 12:42 PM
First, the hood looks a little blown-up like a baloon, I know why you did this T7 because of headgear issues, so this isn't really a complaint as much as just astetically(sp?) disruptive to me, as I don't use headgear of any sort on my PC, so the stock hood has never really bothered me.

I agree with this, although I *do* use headger, just with all the models made invisible. So I was wondering if maybe, just maybe, you might at some point make a version with the standard hood? ^^;; I really like this mod, you did a great job fixing all the problems with the Revan model. So even if you never do change the hood, I still say, thanks for your work. ^^
 Darth Stryke
02-02-2005, 2:03 PM
If you are having trouble with .rars or any other compressed file, I would highly reccomend trying zipgenius. It is free and can handle many formats of compressed files.
Check it out here:

http://www.zipgenius.it/)
 T7nowhere
02-02-2005, 2:58 PM
@Kishkuma

I even agree that the hood is ballooned up and when I was editing the model I considered just leaving it the way it was, but the Mask was clipping through the hood. The Mask was the main focus of the mod I only fixed the robe as a compliment to it and for the challenge that it presented. With everything I tried with that robe model it took me around 26 hours to figure out how to fix it, Well half that time was trying the impossible ;) .

So assuming I would get more complaints about the mask clipping I did the best I could. One thing I have learned is that you can never satisfy everyones tastes. :)

If you want to take some time to learn how to use gmax you can make the helper fix to the original model. I wrote a small tutorial on how to fix the robe here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143261)
 Kishkuma
02-02-2005, 3:17 PM
I even agree that the hood is ballooned up and when I was editing the model I considered just leaving it the way it was, but the Mask was clipping through the hood. The Mask was the main focus of the mod I only fixed the robe as a compliment to it and for the challenge that it presented.

Well, you certainly met and exceeded that challenge. ^~ Hmm... would it be possible (for you, if you want, or for someone else if you don't want to bother) to make a version of the stock Revan model with just the cape gone and the clipping/bouncing issues fixed? That way the mask would be part of the head, and wouldn't clip through the hood. Your mask would still be good to have for wearing without the robes, so it wouldn't really defeat the purpose, heheh.

Barring that, I'll give that tutorial of yours a try. ^^ Thanks.
 hellknight
04-21-2005, 1:15 AM
would this mod work with the xbox version of kotor 2 tsl i really want a cool mask for my main character
 T7nowhere
04-21-2005, 1:27 AM
Probably not, I will say no. I have ported the mask over to TSL but I haven't had the time to make it release worthy yet, but even then I doubt it will work on the xbox.
 General Kenobi
04-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by DarthSmallz
Geeeez, how come one T7 always, pulls out one of his awesome mods, I can't download them, It's because it's WinRar, and that never works for me!:rolleyes: . Anyway, AWESOME mod T7!:)

If WinRar (.rar) files will not download it's due to your browser or a piece of spyware or the like. Rar files are just better for compression. You can download WinRar for free. ;) If you download it and install and it still won't work, make sure your file assoc. are correct for .rar type files.

EDIT: If you click to download and nothing happens try CTRL clicking

Back on Topic...
 Lorden Darkblade
04-21-2005, 11:31 PM
T7 have you ported that hooded and masked star forge robe to TSL?
If not could you do it?
I would really like to use it :D
 T7nowhere
04-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
T7 have you ported that hooded and masked star forge robe to TSL?
If not could you do it?
I would really like to use it :D

The mask yes, but not the robe and I'm not going to.
 Lorden Darkblade
04-22-2005, 12:14 AM
The mask yes, but not the robe and I'm not going to.
I see. Hmmm... How hard would it be to port the robe IF I had your permission?
And no, I do not intend to release it.
 T7nowhere
04-22-2005, 12:23 AM
^^^
Hmm. I'm not sure. it might be as simple as decompileing the model and then compileing it in the k2 formatt. I don't know I haven't tried anything like that yet.
 T7nowhere
09-16-2005, 5:08 PM
Update on September 16, 2005

You can Download the latest update (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere1/files/revans_mask_plus2.0.rar) from my site. I will upload to PCGM as soon as its working for me.

-Created an installer with TSLpatcher (it works for KotOR mods as well) that will patch the nessasary 2da's if they are detected in Override and will install the rest of the mods files.
-The modified Hooded robe model now has a separate installer to allow the player to have the choice if they want the model installed.
-Fixed(courtesy of Darth333) a problem with the Darkjedi not spawning(for some people)
-Fixed a coupleVO's that didn't have lipsync
-Modeled a New Lightsaber and added a mini quest to make the Lightsaber upgradable. There is a tiny hint in the Sabers description, but if thats not enough there are straight forward hints in the readme.
Lightsaber screenshot (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p19988546.html)

About this mod:
This mod adds a new mask model stylized from Revans, an edited robe model from the ingame cutscenes with revan which replaces the Star Forge Robes (for the PC only) Party members will be unaffected *** Note because this model may not be to everyones taste the Robe is included in a separate install *** . Also included is a new lightsaber model that can be usable with all 7 of the games saber blade colors. :) To aquire this new equipment through normal play you will have to meet a DarkJedi in the Dreshdea Bar on Korriban. He will only arrive on Korriban after you have escaped the leviathan. The only other way to aquire Revan's mask is to use the cheat codes Which are in the readme. Also there is an included texture for the Starfoge Robes(which also uses the modified Cutscene Revan robes) by svцsh made by request for this mod.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
And a Very Special thanks goes out to stoffe -mkb-, tk102, ChAiNz.2da, Darth InSidious, LSaberDuelist, and oldflash for helping me test my mod, their advice and making sure its bug free.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
IF you only want the Mask
you can install Just these files:
Updated to version 1.5: Fixed the npc spawn script For those that were
Finding the Npc that gives the items was not spawning.

I_Mask_075.mdl
I_Mask_075.mdx
revan.uti
ii_mask_075.tga
t7_revan02.tga
cheatcode is "giveitem revan"

----------------------------------------------------
Darth Revan's Mask:
cheat "giveitem revan"
Stats:

Feat Required:
Armor Proficiency: Light
Force Sensitive

Enhancement Bonus melee +5
Defense Bonus +10
Immunity: Mind-Affecting

Attribute Bonus: Charisma +3
Regen Force points 5

Revan's Robes:
cheat "giveitem rrobes"
stats
User Limitation: Human
Feat Required:
Jedi Defense
Force Sensitive

Attribute Bonus: strength +4
Defense Bonus +5

Regeneration
Extra Melee Damage Type:Slashing
Damage Resistance: Electrical Resist 30/-
Improved Force Resistance: Bonus 32

Revan's Starforge Enhance Lightsaber:stats
non upgradeable
Damage Bonus:Energy: 8-52
Keen
On Hit Properties: Confusion: DC 10, 50% for 2 Rounds
Bonus Feats:
Sneak Attack I
Sneak Attack II
Sneak Attack III
Sneak Attack IV
Sneak Attack V
Sneak Attack VI
Sneak Attack VII
And a Very Special thanks goes out to stoffe -mkb-, tk102, ChAiNz.2da, Darth InSidious, LSaberDuelist, and oldflash for helping me test my mod, their advice and making sure its bug free.
 oldflash
09-17-2005, 4:02 AM
There is something wrong with .rar file posted on PCGM
"File Name: t7_rmp2.0.rar
File Size: 0 KB"

I have dl from here. Impresive.
Cool items.
Any chace to make one similar mod for TSL?
 T7nowhere
09-17-2005, 1:43 PM
Yes, I know about the rar on pcgm. It will be fixed soon.

Do you mean with the same items or a exile version for TSL?

The link at PCGM (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16251.html) works now.
 oldflash
09-17-2005, 3:05 PM
Same guy, same items, placed on dantooine academy (after death of jedi masters) and come to party instead of kreia.
:)
nice dream, isn't?
 ChAiNz.2da
09-24-2005, 6:17 PM
Just wanted to srop a note and say I just played through this mod "legit" (rather than testing) hehehe...

Awesome Job man! :thumbsup:

It's great going back to KotOR for a change... I'm glad you decided to keep up with the KotOR mods too :D
 tchik13
09-25-2005, 2:45 PM
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu!!! i cant get it! i dont understand! somebody please help!! can somebody please send me a message? how do i do this?
Page: 2 of 4