Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Updated]Revans Mask Plus+ 2.0

Page: 4 of 4
 T7nowhere
02-21-2007, 1:57 AM
^^^ Did you by chance have a paticularily powerfull weapon, because you your hitting him with too power you will unfortunately kill him. He is supposed to yield before you can land the final blow.

But since you already have the items what you need to do is open your current save game with KSE(back it up first)http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse) and open the globals tree and find the global numeric "END_ROOM3_DEAD" and change the value in the box on the right to 5, apply then commit the changes, close KSE(never leave KSE open while playing) and load up your save that you just edited.

Now when you talk to the Rodian he should have the new dialogue options regarding Revan's lightsaber.
 Unit116
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
thanks for the info, i shall try it out, and when i play again i will try not to be too harsh on the dark jedi >_<
 Black_Eye_90
06-22-2007, 8:09 PM
thanks for the info, i shall try it out, and when i play again i will try not to be too harsh on the dark jedi >_<

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm playing through this mod for the first time and I'm having a problem

I have found all three star maps, escaped the leviathan, talked too and received the items from the dark jedi and everything should be fine but...

I am not receiving any robes! I get the mask, and I get the lightsaber, but I recieve no robes in my inventory whatsoever...

does anybody know whats wrong? I would really appreciate a quick response because I'm stalling my playthrough until I can get this to work properly....any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated...

cheers
 Darth Sebastian
06-28-2007, 4:47 PM
great mod!
worked after i tried the 2.0 version.. big thanks!

kudos!!
 Master Kai
07-19-2007, 1:25 AM
Looks great ingame, good work!
 Light Walker
08-14-2007, 5:01 AM
As Master Kai said, good work!

One question regarding the mask -- having installed version 2.0 the mask for some reason shows up as a blank white, much like the way people described Nemo earlier in this thread. As if there's no texture... same thing happens for the dark jedi in the bar, but when he moves his tatoo and everything show through. It's as though a white texture is surrounding the normal ones?

I'm happy to play through with a blank white mask over my character's face, but I'd be happier still if it looked as awesome as in the screenshots. ;) Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: A little more data ... I have only one other mod installed, the Lightsaber forms/armbands mod. The mask appears to be shaped properly and sits correctly on my character's face, there is simply no color. I begin to suspect that this might be a problem with something more than just this mod, though, since a few in-game textures that shouldn't be affected by any of the mods I have are also showing up as a blank white. (Most frequently water textures, like in the Manaan sub dock or the Unknown World Black Rakata Enclave pool. Also, hilts of all lightsabers are the same blank white...).

I'm going to try uninstalling my game completely, then running it for a while without any mods. If weird white patches still show up than I'll know the fault lies with my computer, not the mod itself.
 Light Walker
08-15-2007, 1:37 PM
Having uninstalled/reinstalled and fiddled with every setting I can find I am still unsure whether the problem lies with my computer or the mod. I'll upload a screenshot to show my problem...

http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=examplesb6.jpg)

Sorry, this is my first time posting here... I thought I'd done a good job with my first post, but I keep thinking of data I should have included at the very start. :blush2:

So, the files relating to revan's mask and their sizes on my computer follow:

I_Mask_075.mdl -- 9.98kb
I_Mask_075.mdx -- 6.84kb
ii_mask_075.tga -- 16.0kb
revan.uti -- 2.27kb
t7_revan02.tga -- 1.00mb
t7_revan02.txi -- 26 bytes

I put these here because if the files are the wrong sizes than it would show that the problem was with either the download source or my computer altering the files, perhaps due to antivirus software... so if these files are smaller than they should be, please let me know.
 T7nowhere
08-15-2007, 7:18 PM
I can't download the screenshot, but i think I understand what you are describing, although I'm uncertain as to why it's occuring.

Was this something that just started after you installed the mod, if you remove the override folder from your game folder does the problem persist?

Are any other parts of the game effected like you dscribe?

What I can suggest you do is to make sure that your PC meets the minimum game requirments, and that you have the latest drivers for your video card installed.
 Light Walker
08-16-2007, 4:03 PM
Installing the latest drivers has fixed all the problems :) except those directly related to this mod :( -- specifically, to the mask.

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/8/16/f_Betterm_4ca1b6c.jpg) (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/8/16/f_Betterm_4ca1b6c.jpg&srv=img34)

As you can see, the shape of the mask exists in the game but the coloring is absent.

My computer meets all the minimum requirements, although it falls short of the recommended requirements at two points -- first, I'm running Vista and I can't run the program in XP compatibility mode because the program then complains about emulators. What's with that? Still, it seems to work fairly well even without compatibility mode on.

The other area where I have the minimum but not the recommended requirements is in my graphics card -- it is a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family card. As I said, though, installing the latest driver seems to have resolved all the problems except the mask. Although come to think of it I did have problems with the WOTOR mod when I had it installed -- I haven't re-installed WOTOR since re-installing the game itself..

Thanks for responding and thanks again in advance for your help!
 T7nowhere
08-16-2007, 7:40 PM
Does this only happen with my mods?
Have you installed any other mods with new models?
 Light Walker
08-17-2007, 12:31 AM
The only other mod installed is DeathDisco's "Lightsaber Forms for KOTOR1" mod.

I'll try installing svosh's Revan's Redemption Robes and Good/Evil Bastila Robes. Those include new models, right? (Being new at this I'm not entirely sure...)

I'll let you know what happens.
 T7nowhere
08-17-2007, 1:26 AM
No those mods only include new textures. and item files.

btw where did you download the mod from.
 Light Walker
08-17-2007, 1:41 AM
No those mods only include new textures. and item files.

Ah, I think I understand what a model is now. Thanks for clarifying! :)

btw where did you download the mod from

I got it from the link on page four of this topic -- post # 134.

EDIT: Hey, I just found something odd. Maybe it will clarify things, maybe not. I was talking to Zhar on Dantooine while wearing the mask and look what happened:

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/9/8/17/t_importantm_ddcf2cc.jpg) (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/8/17/f_importantm_ddcf2cc.jpg&srv=img02)

It appears that part of the mask just above the ear has become active. But outside of conversation this part is blank white again. Viewing the mask from certain angles seems to occasionally cause bits and pieces of it to show up. I have no clue as to why that would be.

Also, I downloaded svosh's "Light of the Force" mask from http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm) Technically it's only a re-texture of the vacuum mask, but when I wear it it has a similar problem -- it isn't visible at all when my character is viewed straight-on but when in conversation or when my character is viewed from behind bits of it show up.

PS: that "lightside version" of Revan's mask you posted a picture of looks really awesome. Great job on the graphics! You are a :king1:
 Light Walker
08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm going to try a few things and then post for help elsewhere on the forum -- I've now confirmed this problem is NOT limited to the Revan's Mask+ 2.0 mod. It also happens with the Good/Evil Bastila Clothes Mod as you can see here:

http://img39.picoodle.com/img/img39/9/8/17/t_goodevilbasm_a0e0111.jpg) (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/8/17/f_goodevilbasm_a0e0111.jpg&srv=img39)

The problem doesn't seem to be limited to this mod only, so I don't want to hijack your thread.

Of course, if someone takes a look at this and instantly realizes what the problem is, an answer would be much appreciated. ;)
 T7nowhere
08-18-2007, 5:13 PM
 Light Walker
08-18-2007, 6:11 PM
Yes, I saw that thread and it helped me with a different problem. This seems to be more of a problem with the game not reading files in the override folder correctly. It might be a Vista-problem, but the graphics are fine when there are no mods installed. 0.o

Anyway, I posted for help over in the thread you pointed to.
 RellioN
08-18-2007, 9:21 PM
so whats the story of this mask anyways? is it also made by the star forge just like the robe? what powers does this mask give?
 T7nowhere
08-18-2007, 11:25 PM
^^^
Well you could download the mod and install it, or atleast download it and read the readme. I know, I know, it is far to much of me to ask, I understand how difficult it is to click the link to the first page.
 RellioN
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
^^^
Well you could download the mod and install it, or atleast download it and read the readme. I know, I know, it is far to much of me to ask, I understand how difficult it is to click the link to the first page.
i was talking lore-wise

you don't mention the origins of the mask.
 lord revan 2
11-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi i downloaded the mod and used cheats to get the armour mask etc because no dark jedi was at the cantina when i finished korriban after the leviathin anywhay i really wanted to have revan with the hood i did at first but then i saved came back a day later and there wasnt a hood anymore just the robes and mask what did i do wrong i really wanted a hooded revan character.
 T7nowhere
11-17-2007, 9:55 PM
^^^ I can't say without more information from you. Do you have a screen shot of how it looks now?
 lord revan 2
11-17-2007, 10:57 PM
^^^ I can't say without more information from you. Do you have a screen shot of how it looks now?

How do i take one anywhay essentialy they now look like the star forge robes.
 Q
11-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Did you install the optional Cutscene Robes models included in the mod? It's a separate install.
 lord revan 2
11-18-2007, 3:42 PM
Did you install the optional Cutscene Robes models included in the mod? It's a separate install.

UM i dont know where would i go to check.?
 Q
11-18-2007, 3:56 PM
It's included in the archive when you unpack it. Inside the main "revans_mask_plus2.0" folder there will be another folder titled "Install modified Revans Cutscene robes." Assuming that you have already installed the main mod, go inside that folder and run its installer.

Then go back to a previous save before you went to Korriban and encountered the dark Jedi who gives you the robes. It will have to be a save from before that module loads.

The cutscene robes are hooded, and look just like the ones Revan is wearing in the in-game movies minus the cape, because the cape is not animated and therefore as stiff as cardboard.
 Acinonyx
01-08-2008, 5:29 PM
Hey, I've got a little problem with this mod, I've used the installer.

On the Unknown World, when I (DSM) come back with Bastila to the Ebon Hawk and Carth flees, when the cutscene ends the game crashes.

In the game folder, I found a AR_ERROR.LOG made on the exact time the crash occured with the text:
Names Differ: N_DarthRevanM n_darthrevanmt

Therefore, I assume the root of the problem lies with this mod.... can someone help me with this?

Edit: Ah, yes. This is the only mod I'm using, and the game is patched to v1.03

Edit2: Renamed Override folder to Override1 and while the AR_ERROR.log isn't made anymore, the game still crashes... I think it's not the mod's fault, and make a new thread at the Work Bench.

Edit3: Nevermind that, I used the KSE to replace Bastila with Carth, removed all Carth's stuff, saved, used KSE the other way around, and loaded. Done :)
 Holy Kotor
01-21-2008, 8:20 PM
Great mod, but the hood is laying down, and it's jumping around slightly. How do I fix this? It didn't do that the last time I installed it >.<

edit: sorry, problem fixed
 Delta 99
03-08-2008, 9:51 PM
lots of stuff didn't read all of it but apparently I can't get to the downloading so I was wonderin have you guy's moved the site??
 RedHawke
03-09-2008, 3:20 AM
^^^^
The links work fine on my end... perhaps it is something on your end preventing you from DL the mod?
 berra
03-27-2008, 8:11 AM
This is probably a real dumb question, but as I dont know I'll ask it anyway; How do i type in Kotor?
 Darth Xander
03-27-2008, 9:29 AM
Welcome to Lucasforums berra, and by type I assume you mean inputting a cheat code? Well to do that you are going to have to open your swkotor.ini in the main folder and scroll down until you see [Game Options] and enter enablecheats=1 underneith [Game Options]. Now save and close swkotor.ini.

Now open up kotor and load up any save once done, press ` to open the cheat console, in the second game the cheat console is invisible. Now once the cheat console is open which is represented by a flashing > sign in the top left hand corner.

Enter your desired cheat code(s) which can be found here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=119128).

Hope that helped
~DX
 berra
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
AH, thanks, that explains the typing. It might be me doing something wrong but I can't get the cheat console to work. Nothing really happens when Im pressing `
 Darth Payne
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Well berra.

Have you tried using the KSE?
 berra
03-27-2008, 1:35 PM
No, But I'll try that now. Thanks.
 Darth Xander
03-27-2008, 4:09 PM
No problem.
 goodtobi
04-20-2008, 7:29 PM
help help help me plz this is the first time ive ever attempted modding and i seem to be suffering from not having a bloody clue at what im doing i seemed to have made your program with something and every time i send to to the recycleing bin and trying to install it again it always opens with this stupid program that has nothing to do with anything guy who made this thingy how do i fix this and do i need an editor cause i got this wierd thing called Kmm its from the kotor mod sight where your listed but im running around blind can you plz help
 Q
04-20-2008, 8:51 PM
^^^
Did you read the readme?
 goodtobi
04-21-2008, 7:45 PM
ok i didnt i quess but is their a way to fix this
 RevAnakin
04-22-2008, 9:07 PM
Call me an idiot, but I can't seem to get this to work. I put it into my overdrive folder. I have no other mods. I have KOTOR Tool, I just don't know how to get it to work. A step by step guidy would be helpful. I have read all the tutorials but many teach you how to install mods you have made. Please, I know you all get annoyed with these types of questions but I have been working on this for days now and don't know what to do. Thanks,

Christian
 Q
04-23-2008, 12:53 AM
A step by step guidy would be helpful.It's called the readme. ;)

Read the readme, people.

It will tell you to run the installer, not to put the files in the override folder. If you've already put them in the override, take them out and run the installer.

This simple piece of advice can save you all soooooo much time and pain. ;) -RH
 RevAnakin
04-23-2008, 8:10 PM
So I read the readme very thouroughly. It says "all files need to be installed to(accept the folder called sources that is the source scripts .nss files) C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override (defualt folder) Or where ever KotOR is installed on your PC. " My question was how to install it. It never specifies how. I took it out of my override folder like you said. There is no "install" file. I have no other mods so it shouldn't conflict. As I said, I wouldn't be asking the question if I hadn't had read everything I think I should have. All the other tutorials seem to concentrate on installing mods that you personally have made. I just want this one mod, that is all. Help? Thank you,

Christian
 Q
04-23-2008, 9:42 PM
When you unpack (extract) the archive (the file you downloaded) there should be an icon consisting of white squre with a weird-looking green "V" on it that should be labeled "Install_Revans_Mask_plus+." Double click it. It will probably ask you to direct it to KotOR's main folder (where the game is installed, NOT the override folder). The default location is: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR. Highlight the folder and hit "OK" or "Install" or whatever it says. It should install automatically from there.

If there is no install icon, then you somehow got ahold of an older version of this mod and you should download the newer version with the installer.
 DarthRevan00001
05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
hi i just downloaded revans mask etc......and all it was is a pk3 file so i saved it then wat do i do were do i oput it for it to work?????????/plz reply
 Darth333
05-07-2008, 6:13 PM
hi i just downloaded revans mask etc......and all it was is a pk3 file so i saved it then wat do i do were do i oput it for it to work?????????/plz reply
erm...
A. get winrar if you don't have it already: http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm)
B. Open the file with winrar
C. Follow these instructions:
 DarthYuugi
12-20-2008, 4:15 PM
Great mod

10/10 :D
 Druganator
12-20-2008, 6:02 PM
Not to be mean but try and look at the last post before you say something. this thread has been dead awhile try not to revive it.
 Q
12-22-2008, 7:30 AM
Um, since the purpose of the TUCE is to provide support and to leave feedback threadcromancy is permitted. ;)

To clarify a little on this, once in a while it is permitted, but spamming multiple short posts across multiple threads like "Good mod!" and resurrecting many at once in such a manner will get them deleted and possibly the poster being warned for spamming. So don't abuse the privilege people. ;) -RH
 Dabsy
05-20-2010, 4:53 PM
can some1 help me the mod wont work maybe i hav it in the wrong place i dunno pls help
 bigtimer22
07-12-2014, 5:29 PM
I keep getting the error invalid game folder specified dialog.tlk file not found! (GEN-7) and please reply quickly I'm stumped and yes I've read the readme
Page: 4 of 4