Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

Page: 9 of 15
 monsoontide
10-27-2003, 1:13 PM
I'm so sorry!
I always forget to mention someone - it's not deliberate (I try to keep track of everyone who is testing) - and invariably p*ss somebody off ;) (I managed to do that with one of my maps!)
Still, there will be plenty more vehicles coming soon for you to test and I promise not to miss ANYONE next time :D
 Scoundrel
10-27-2003, 1:33 PM
Plenty more vehicles, er? That is good news of course, but which vehicles? You have many of them in progress. And what are your plans after these? (Bantha!)
 kmd
10-27-2003, 1:49 PM
hey the mines dont show up in sp, its just a lazer shooting out the back, a very very very poweriful lazer, i killed 7 human_mercs with one shot, and blew my speeder into hell, luckly i had god mode on ;) but it is hard to use, and their is no boost animation, other than that, i love the speeder, and think it to be better than the default one! and i would love to beta test these other vehicles ye got commen
 t3rr0r
10-27-2003, 2:21 PM
since i could post yesterday, i'll try now...

i love the speeder itself, but dislike the weird constant explosion mines. i'd prefer if they were similar to the lambda shuttle mines. and fyi, the whole skin has an ambient glow when dynamic glow is on.

i look forward to future releases.
 monsoontide
10-27-2003, 3:47 PM
The whole thing with the mine weapon is just wierd.
As I mentioned in the Readme, the look of it all depends on which level you play on eg. on the duel1 map it looks like a ball of smoke on the ffa1 map it's a lowing blue ball of energy and on the siege_desert map it's a sparkling fizzing white blob, ywt all use the same "ships/bomb" effect.

If you'd rather the weapon of the vehicle behave more to your tastes, feel free to edit the vehicle and weapon files.
 tFighterPilot
10-27-2003, 5:17 PM
Too bad it doesn't work well in SP though.

The weird thing, is that when a merc rides on one, it shoots forward. Maybe he shot from his blaster, not sure.
 shukrallah
10-27-2003, 8:15 PM
hey are going to make those other creatures from AOTC? That would be awesome, then if someone could design a whole level for AOTC.... wow... that would just be great. The file size would be big, but still... the mod would be awesome.
 monsoontide
10-27-2003, 8:27 PM
I believe an ATTACK OF THE CLONES total conversion for Jedi Knight has been underway for some time - can't remember the web-link though.
 Gonkish
10-27-2003, 9:07 PM
I just thought of something that you could model that would be amazingly cool..

If you've played Knights of the Old Republic on the Xbox (or, next month, the PC), then you know how awesome the Sith Guard and Sith trooper armors look.. If you could model those two......mmmm...
 tFighterPilot
10-27-2003, 9:15 PM
Player model is WAY more complicated than vehicle models. Although that Ackley looks anything but simple...
 monsoontide
10-27-2003, 9:44 PM
Modeling players is no problem , doing a decent skin isn't a problem either - it's more a lack of time, since I have so much other stuff I want to get done (Mapping, work etc) - that I'd have to have a really good reason to invest time into a player model.
Perhaps when KOTOR comes out someone will find a way to load the models into 3DSmax and then they could be "adjusted" or used as a base or reference for a JK:KJA version.
Still don't know about KOTOR - I hope they will release a demo for it, I just don't have the spare ca$h to throw at it. Which is why I don't play galaxies or subscribe to hyperspace - but that's another issue entirely ;)

Will post a WIP and some updated pix this week.
 shukrallah
10-27-2003, 9:52 PM
yeahm u read something on the music section on the lucasarts kotor site, and they said someone was picking music for the demo... so based on that, it sounds like there will be a demo.

EDIT: Here, i found out where i read it, see:

The decision was made to have Jeremy score the two cutscenes that would be used in the demo, and he began work immediately.
 Zappa_0
10-28-2003, 9:55 AM
For pictures of skiff's try www.coruscantlibrary.com) and http://galactic-voyage.com) , and for the AOTC TC website its http://www.aotctc.com) . And one question. What weapons do you plan to use for the Aiwha?
 monsoontide
10-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the web-links Zappa_0 :)

As for weapons for the various vehicles, I'm open to suggestions.
I'd like to make a sort of falling rock weapon for the ewok glider, & the speeder bike has a standard swoop laser.
As for the rest, I don't know.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know for:
Anakins Airspeeder
Desert Skiff
Aiwha (Thanks for the pix scouttrooper)
Dewback
Acklay

Though I don't really know if any of the beasts will have weapons other than what the rider has.
 Zappa_0
10-28-2003, 8:50 PM
Anakins Airspeeder- maybe do a laser like the swoops.

Desert Skiff- Turbo Laser something like a smaller deathstar laser with less power

Aiwha- umm maybe they can drop bombs like thermal dets

Dewback- no weapons. maybe u can make them eat ppl

Acklay- umm it would be cool if u could make them attack. if its possibles, same for dewback but that was a joke.
 monsoontide
10-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Keshire has the Acklay set up so if you spawn it as an NPC and not a vehicle, it will attack and skewer you with it front leg and bite your head off!!!
Currently though I don't think it's possible to make the vechile version attack - though hopefully this will change if RAVEN ever release the source code stuff.

Working on skinning the skiff currently. Instead of an onboard weapon, I think it would be cool if we can get passengers who can use their weapons. (The ones in the movies are unarmed)
 Pnut_Man
10-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Is it possible to allow the passengers on the skiff to walk around? It would be awesome if they could fire their weapons while riding, should prove useful in ctf and siege ;)

Sorry to be an impatient bastard, but what's the status on the Endor Speeder Bike :D?
 monsoontide
10-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately, I think the passengers are stuck in place - since they are positioned with "bolt_passenger" tags on the model.

Duncan_10158 has the Speeder Bike and I guess will get to it when he has time. The model and skin are finished though. Then it will just be the veh file that'll need tweaking - any suggestions for how it should handle compared to the STAP and Sith Speeder?
 kmd
10-28-2003, 11:51 PM
faster, it should be a little fast,t he speeder in the movie was liek super fast, and as for a weapon on anikens speeder, why do something diff, why not put a laser cannon on both sides, kinda liek an a-wing, were to laser meet in front and wipe out the target?
 monsoontide
10-29-2003, 1:55 AM
Here is the nearly finished texture on the Skiff model.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip1.jpg)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip2.jpg)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip3.jpg)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip4.jpg)

It's fairly high point/poly count (Not TOO high though! More than the Tauntaun - Less than the Rancor) so best to have just a few per level.
 MasterSidious
10-29-2003, 2:04 AM
Ummm, I'm sure u guys prolly already talked about this but is anything being done to make multiple passengers in vehicles? Or can someone tell me where on the forums to look for this? THANKS :D
 SpecialForces
10-29-2003, 2:06 AM
Is it posible for you to make the hover vehicle that has a rotating cannon, like the one in episode 1 when they blow up a tank
and is it posible to have one person driving and another shooting?
 monsoontide
10-29-2003, 2:13 AM
Check out this thread

MP Flyable Vehicle Discussion

It's about getting the Lamda Shuttle flying with passengers who operate the side cannons.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=113020&goto=newpost)

NOTE: I believe all the tags for the vehicles are:

bolt_driver
bolt_passenger
bolt_muzzle
bolt_exhaust
bolt_trail

There may be more...
 wedge2211
10-29-2003, 12:41 PM
That skiff looks pretty hot! I think you should just make passengers sit on that bench in the middle...but if they could shoot while riding, that'd be awesome! As pnut said, great applications to team play (ie, technicians could bring a strike team in to steal the flag, etc)!
 tFighterPilot
10-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by monsoontide
Check out this thread

MP Flyable Vehicle Discussion

It's about getting the Lamda Shuttle flying with passengers who operate the side cannons.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=113020&goto=newpost)

NOTE: I believe all the tags for the vehicles are:

bolt_driver
bolt_passenger
bolt_muzzle
bolt_exhaust
bolt_wake

There may be more... what's bolt wake?
 monsoontide
10-29-2003, 1:24 PM
Okay, the tag is bolt_trail, but there's also a wake_fx, I guess it's for water vehicles, though you could use it for anything from a dust trail kicked up as the vehicle passes to a tron type "wall"! It's basically just another place to put an effect on the vehicle. I don't know if it actually works though since I haven't used it yet.
 monsoontide
10-29-2003, 6:15 PM
Hi Folks!

Found this over at another site - this is direct from Mike Gummelt at Raven and is a more complete vehicle template file for Jedi Academy.
He also states that passengers are always never drawn!! And max-passengers is 8. Vehicles are limited to two types of weapons currently.

Here we go - this is big, so you may want to print it out to read it!

{"name", VFOFS(name), VF_LSTRING}, //unique name of the vehicle

//general data
{"type", VFOFS(type), VF_VEHTYPE}, //what kind of vehicle
{"numHands", VFOFS(numHands), VF_INT}, //if 2 hands, no weapons, if 1 hand, can use 1-handed weapons, if 0 hands, can use 2-handed weapons
{"lookPitch", VFOFS(lookPitch), VF_FLOAT}, //How far you can look up and down off the forward of the vehicle
{"lookYaw", VFOFS(lookYaw), VF_FLOAT}, //How far you can look left and right off the forward of the vehicle
{"length", VFOFS(length), VF_FLOAT}, //how long it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?
{"width", VFOFS(width), VF_FLOAT}, //how wide it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?
{"height", VFOFS(height), VF_FLOAT}, //how tall it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?
{"centerOfGravity", VFOFS(centerOfGravity), VF_VECTOR},//offset from origin: as a modifier on that dimension (-1.0f is all the way back, 1.0f is all the way forward)

//speed stats
{"speedMax", VFOFS(speedMax), VF_FLOAT}, //top speed
{"turboSpeed", VFOFS(turboSpeed), VF_FLOAT}, //turbo speed
{"speedMin", VFOFS(speedMin), VF_FLOAT}, //if < 0, can go in reverse
{"speedIdle", VFOFS(speedIdle), VF_FLOAT}, //what speed it drifts to when no accel/decel input is given
{"accelIdle", VFOFS(accelIdle), VF_FLOAT}, //if speedIdle > 0, how quickly it goes up to that speed
{"acceleration", VFOFS(acceleration), VF_FLOAT}, //when pressing on accelerator
{"decelIdle", VFOFS(decelIdle), VF_FLOAT}, //when giving no input, how quickly it drops to speedIdle
{"throttleSticks", VFOFS(throttleSticks), VF_BOOL},//if true, speed stays at whatever you accel/decel to, unless you turbo or brake
{"strafePerc", VFOFS(strafePerc), VF_FLOAT}, //multiplier on current speed for strafing. If 1.0f, you can strafe at the same speed as you're going forward, 0.5 is half, 0 is no strafing

//handling stats
{"bankingSpeed", VFOFS(bankingSpeed), VF_FLOAT}, //how quickly it pitches and rolls (not under player control)
{"pitchLimit", VFOFS(pitchLimit), VF_FLOAT}, //how far it can roll forward or backward
{"rollLimit", VFOFS(rollLimit), VF_FLOAT}, //how far it can roll to either side
{"braking", VFOFS(braking), VF_FLOAT}, //when pressing on decelerator
{"mouseYaw", VFOFS(mouseYaw), VF_FLOAT}, // The mouse yaw override.
{"mousePitch", VFOFS(mousePitch), VF_FLOAT}, // The mouse yaw override.
{"turningSpeed", VFOFS(turningSpeed), VF_FLOAT}, //how quickly you can turn
{"turnWhenStopped", VFOFS(turnWhenStopped), VF_BOOL},//whether or not you can turn when not moving
{"traction", VFOFS(traction), VF_FLOAT}, //how much your command input affects velocity
{"friction", VFOFS(friction), VF_FLOAT}, //how much velocity is cut on its own
{"maxSlope", VFOFS(maxSlope), VF_FLOAT}, //the max slope that it can go up with control
{"speedDependantTurning", VFOFS(speedDependantTurning), VF_BOOL},//vehicle turns faster the faster it's going

//durability stats
{"mass", VFOFS(mass), VF_INT}, //for momentum and impact force (player mass is 10)
{"armor", VFOFS(armor), VF_INT}, //total points of damage it can take
{"shields", VFOFS(shields), VF_INT}, //energy shield damage points
{"shieldRechargeMS", VFOFS(shieldRechargeMS), VF_INT},//energy shield milliseconds per point recharged
{"toughness", VFOFS(toughness), VF_FLOAT}, //modifies incoming damage, 1.0 is normal, 0.5 is half, etc. Simulates being made of tougher materials/construction
{"malfunctionArmorLevel", VFOFS(malfunctionArmorLevel), VF_INT},//when armor drops to or below this point, start malfunctioning
{"surfDestruction", VFOFS(surfDestruction), VF_INT},

//visuals & sounds
{"model", VFOFS(model), VF_LSTRING}, //what model to use - if make it an NPC's primary model, don't need this?
{"skin", VFOFS(skin), VF_LSTRING}, //what skin to use - if make it an NPC's primary model, don't need this?
{"g2radius", VFOFS(g2radius), VF_INT}, //render radius (really diameter, but...) for the ghoul2 model
{"riderAnim", VFOFS(riderAnim), VF_ANIM}, //what animation the rider uses
{"droidNPC", VFOFS(droidNPC), VF_LSTRING}, //NPC to attach to *droidunit tag (if it exists in the model)

{"radarIcon", VFOFS(radarIconHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what icon to show on radar in MP
{"dmgIndicFrame", VFOFS(dmgIndicFrameHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the frame of the damage indicator
{"dmgIndicShield", VFOFS(dmgIndicShieldHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP},//what image to use for the shield of the damage indicator
{"dmgIndicBackground", VFOFS(dmgIndicBackgroundHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP},//what image to use for the background of the damage indicator
{"icon_front", VFOFS(iconFrontHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the front of the ship on the damage indicator
{"icon_back", VFOFS(iconBackHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the back of the ship on the damage indicator
{"icon_right", VFOFS(iconRightHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the right of the ship on the damage indicator
{"icon_left", VFOFS(iconLeftHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the left of the ship on the damage indicator
{"crosshairShader", VFOFS(crosshairShaderHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use as the crosshair
{"shieldShader", VFOFS(shieldShaderHandle), VF_SHADER}, //What shader to use when drawing the shield shell

//individual "area" health -rww
{"health_front", VFOFS(health_front), VF_INT},
{"health_back", VFOFS(health_back), VF_INT},
{"health_right", VFOFS(health_right), VF_INT},
{"health_left", VFOFS(health_left), VF_INT},
{"soundOn", VFOFS(soundOn), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when get on it
{"soundOff", VFOFS(soundOff), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when get off
{"soundLoop", VFOFS(soundLoop), VF_SOUND},//sound to loop while riding it
{"soundTakeOff", VFOFS(soundTakeOff), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when ship takes off
{"soundEngineStart",VFOFS(soundEngineStart),VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when ship's thrusters first activate
{"soundSpin", VFOFS(soundSpin), VF_SOUND},//sound to loop while spiraling out of control
{"soundTurbo", VFOFS(soundTurbo), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when turbo/afterburner kicks in
{"soundHyper", VFOFS(soundHyper), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when hits hyperspace
{"soundLand", VFOFS(soundLand), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when ship lands
{"soundFlyBy", VFOFS(soundFlyBy), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when they buzz you
{"soundFlyBy2", VFOFS(soundFlyBy2), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//alternate sound to play when they buzz you
{"soundShift1", VFOFS(soundShift1), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds
{"soundShift2", VFOFS(soundShift2), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds
{"soundShift3", VFOFS(soundShift3), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds
{"soundShift4", VFOFS(soundShift4), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds

{"exhaustFX", VFOFS(iExhaustFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //exhaust effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s)
{"turboFX", VFOFS(iTurboFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //turbo exhaust effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s) when ship is in "turbo" mode
{"turboStartFX", VFOFS(iTurboStartFX), VF_EFFECT}, //turbo start effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s) when ship is in "turbo" mode
{"trailFX", VFOFS(iTrailFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //trail effect, played from "*trail" bolt(s)
{"impactFX", VFOFS(iImpactFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //impact effect, for when it bumps into something
{"explodeFX", VFOFS(iExplodeFX), VF_EFFECT}, //explosion effect, for when it blows up (should have the sound built into explosion effect)
{"wakeFX", VFOFS(iWakeFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect it makes when going across water
{"dmgFX", VFOFS(iDmgFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect to play on damage from a weapon or something
{"injureFX", VFOFS(iInjureFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect to play on partially damaged ship surface
{"noseFX", VFOFS(iNoseFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect for nose piece flying away when blown off
{"lwingFX", VFOFS(iLWingFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect for left wing piece flying away when blown off
{"rwingFX", VFOFS(iRWingFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect for right wing piece flying away when blown off
// Weapon stuff:
{"weap1", VFOFS(weapon[0].ID), VF_WEAPON}, //weapon used when press fire
{"weap2", VFOFS(weapon[1].ID), VF_WEAPON},//weapon used when press alt-fire
// The delay between shots for this weapon.
{"weap1Delay", VFOFS(weapon[0].delay), VF_INT},
{"weap2Delay", VFOFS(weapon[1].delay), VF_INT},
// Whether or not all the muzzles for each weapon can be linked together (linked delay = weapon delay * number of muzzles linked!)
{"weap1Link", VFOFS(weapon[0].linkable), VF_INT},
{"weap2Link", VFOFS(weapon[1].linkable), VF_INT},
// Whether or not to auto-aim the projectiles at the thing under the crosshair when we fire
{"weap1Aim", VFOFS(weapon[0].aimCorrect), VF_BOOL},
{"weap2Aim", VFOFS(weapon[1].aimCorrect), VF_BOOL},
//maximum ammo
{"weap1AmmoMax", VFOFS(weapon[0].ammoMax), VF_INT},
{"weap2AmmoMax", VFOFS(weapon[1].ammoMax), VF_INT},
//ammo recharge rate - milliseconds per unit (minimum of 100, which is 10 ammo per second)
{"weap1AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(weapon[0].ammoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
{"weap2AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(weapon[1].ammoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
//sound to play when out of ammo (plays default "no ammo" sound if none specified)
{"weap1SoundNoAmmo", VFOFS(weapon[0].soundNoAmmo), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when try to fire weapon 1 with no ammo
{"weap2SoundNoAmmo", VFOFS(weapon[1].soundNoAmmo), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when try to fire weapon 2 with no ammo

// Which weapon a muzzle fires (has to match one of the weapons this vehicle has).
{"weapMuzzle1", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[0]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle2", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[1]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle3", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[2]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle4", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[3]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle5", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[4]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle6", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[5]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle7", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[6]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle8", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[7]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle9", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[8]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle10", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[9]), VF_WEAPON},

// The max height before this ship (?) starts (auto)landing.
{"landingHeight", VFOFS(landingHeight), VF_FLOAT},

//other misc stats
{"gravity", VFOFS(gravity), VF_INT}, //normal is 800
{"hoverHeight", VFOFS(hoverHeight), VF_FLOAT}, //if 0, it's a ground vehicle
{"hoverStrength", VFOFS(hoverStrength), VF_FLOAT}, //how hard it pushes off ground when less than hover height... causes "bounce", like shocks
{"waterProof", VFOFS(waterProof), VF_BOOL}, //can drive underwater if it has to
{"bouyancy", VFOFS(bouyancy), VF_FLOAT}, //when in water, how high it floats (1 is neutral bouyancy)
{"fuelMax", VFOFS(fuelMax), VF_INT}, //how much fuel it can hold (capacity)
{"fuelRate", VFOFS(fuelRate), VF_INT}, //how quickly is uses up fuel
{"turboDuration", VFOFS(turboDuration), VF_INT}, //how long turbo lasts
{"turboRecharge", VFOFS(turboRecharge), VF_INT}, //how long turbo takes to recharge
{"visibility", VFOFS(visibility), VF_INT}, //for sight alerts
{"loudness", VFOFS(loudness), VF_INT}, //for sound alerts
{"explosionRadius", VFOFS(explosionRadius), VF_FLOAT},//range of explosion
{"explosionDamage", VFOFS(explosionDamage), VF_INT},//damage of explosion

//new stuff
{"maxPassengers", VFOFS(maxPassengers), VF_INT}, // The max number of passengers this vehicle may have (Default = 0).
{"hideRider", VFOFS(hideRider), VF_BOOL}, // rider (and passengers?) should not be drawn
{"killRiderOnDeath", VFOFS(killRiderOnDeath), VF_BOOL},//if rider is on vehicle when it dies, they should die
{"flammable", VFOFS(flammable), VF_BOOL}, //whether or not the vehicle should catch on fire before it explodes
{"explosionDelay", VFOFS(explosionDelay), VF_INT}, //how long the vehicle should be on fire/dying before it explodes
//camera stuff
{"cameraOverride", VFOFS(cameraOverride), VF_BOOL},//override the third person camera with the below values - normal is 0 (off)
{"cameraRange", VFOFS(cameraRange), VF_FLOAT}, //how far back the camera should be - normal is 80
{"cameraVertOffset", VFOFS(cameraVertOffset), VF_FLOAT},//how high over the vehicle origin the camera should be - normal is 16
{"cameraHorzOffset", VFOFS(cameraHorzOffset), VF_FLOAT},//how far to left/right (negative/positive) of of the vehicle origin the camera should be - normal is 0
{"cameraPitchOffset", VFOFS(cameraPitchOffset), VF_FLOAT},//a modifier on the camera's pitch (up/down angle) to the vehicle - normal is 0
{"cameraFOV", VFOFS(cameraFOV), VF_FLOAT}, //third person camera FOV, default is 80
{"cameraAlpha", VFOFS(cameraAlpha), VF_FLOAT}, //fade out the vehicle to this alpha (0.1-1.0f) if it's in the way of the crosshair
{"cameraPitchDependantVertOffset", VFOFS(cameraPitchDependantVertOffset), VF_BOOL}, //use the hacky AT-ST pitch dependant vertical offset
//===TURRETS===========================================================================
//Turret 1
{"turret1Weap", VFOFS(turret[0].iWeapon), VF_WEAPON},
{"turret1Delay", VFOFS(turret[0].iDelay), VF_INT},
{"turret1AmmoMax", VFOFS(turret[0].iAmmoMax), VF_INT},
{"turret1AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(turret[0].iAmmoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
{"turret1YawBone", VFOFS(turret[0].yawBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret1PitchBone", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret1YawAxis", VFOFS(turret[0].yawAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret1PitchAxis", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret1ClampYawL", VFOFS(turret[0].yawClampLeft), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn left
{"turret1ClampYawR", VFOFS(turret[0].yawClampRight), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn right
{"turret1ClampPitchU", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchClampUp), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to title up
{"turret1ClampPitchD", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchClampDown), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to tilt down
{"turret1Muzzle1", VFOFS(turret[0].iMuzzle[0]), VF_INT},
{"turret1Muzzle2", VFOFS(turret[0].iMuzzle[1]), VF_INT},
{"turret1TurnSpeed", VFOFS(turret[0].fTurnSpeed), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret1AI", VFOFS(turret[0].bAI), VF_BOOL},
{"turret1AILead", VFOFS(turret[0].bAILead), VF_BOOL},
{"turret1AIRange", VFOFS(turret[0].fAIRange), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret1PassengerNum", VFOFS(turret[0].passengerNum), VF_INT},//which number passenger can control this turret
{"turret1GunnerViewTag", VFOFS(turret[0].gunnerViewTag), VF_LSTRING},

//Turret 2
{"turret2Weap", VFOFS(turret[1].iWeapon), VF_WEAPON},
{"turret2Delay", VFOFS(turret[1].iDelay), VF_INT},
{"turret2AmmoMax", VFOFS(turret[1].iAmmoMax), VF_INT},
{"turret2AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(turret[1].iAmmoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
{"turret2YawBone", VFOFS(turret[1].yawBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret2PitchBone", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret2YawAxis", VFOFS(turret[1].yawAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret2PitchAxis", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret2ClampYawL", VFOFS(turret[1].yawClampLeft), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn left
{"turret2ClampYawR", VFOFS(turret[1].yawClampRight), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn right
{"turret2ClampPitchU", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchClampUp), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to title up
{"turret2ClampPitchD", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchClampDown), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to tilt down
{"turret2Muzzle1", VFOFS(turret[1].iMuzzle[0]), VF_INT},
{"turret2Muzzle2", VFOFS(turret[1].iMuzzle[1]), VF_INT},
{"turret2TurnSpeed", VFOFS(turret[1].fTurnSpeed), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret2AI", VFOFS(turret[1].bAI), VF_BOOL},
{"turret2AILead", VFOFS(turret[1].bAILead), VF_BOOL},
{"turret2AIRange", VFOFS(turret[1].fAIRange), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret2PassengerNum", VFOFS(turret[1].passengerNum), VF_INT},//which number passenger can control this turret
{"turret2GunnerViewTag", VFOFS(turret[1].gunnerViewTag), VF_LSTRING},
 The Cheat
10-29-2003, 9:39 PM
cool, thanks for posting this template monsoon, where did u find this at?
 monsoontide
10-31-2003, 4:59 AM
Lots of very useful documentation and tutorials on all things JK:JA (Especially mapping - things like portal skies, tree generator and terrain). Should be helpful to many.

forgelink (http://levelforge.teamhuh.com/forgelink/)

Hope to get a couple more models finalized in the next week or so ready for release!
 Bowas5
10-31-2003, 7:05 AM
Monsoontide, If you would like another beta-tester i would be happy to test your models, they are fantastic.
My email address is jonasoslott@yahoo.se
 Duncan_10158
10-31-2003, 8:02 AM
just wanted to report back. i made a big leap on the dewback animation, so far i have done walking (with looking right and left) some kind of rour, idle standing and runing. still to do are the death sequences, mount, differnt hit and pain animations. i dont if the model need those jumping and flying things. does the tauntaun use these animations in game, i know it has them, but does it use them? thats because the dewback will be useble like the tauntaun. i hope to bring a frist version in game soon.
 The Cheat
10-31-2003, 8:59 AM
glad to hear you are making good progress on the dewback. i am definitly looking forward to that one the most
 monsoontide
11-02-2003, 5:47 AM
Here's one I whipped up tonight while sorta watching Final Fantasy on the Sci-Fi channel. (Was never happy with the detail of the .md3 prefab that was made by someone for Jedi Outcast & I didn't feel like mapping thisevening).

It's currently untextured and weighs in at 560 points (Though that will increase when I split things up for UV mapping). It's based on the toy - so it may be a bit "off" in places.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/n1_wip_pix2.jpg)

Needless to say this won't be released for a while - Duncan & Keshire are already both quite busy!
 t3rr0r
11-02-2003, 2:51 PM
 tFighterPilot
11-02-2003, 3:09 PM
You don't need to model the droid, you can attach a droid to the model with some kind of tag, like in the x-wing
 wufire
11-02-2003, 7:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here(i.e. monsoontide) could tell me how i can make an md3 model into a fully functional, super awesome, vehicle.
Wufire (aka Wufire)

p.s. Monsoontide is my new best friend. :D
 t3rr0r
11-02-2003, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by imyourfather
You don't need to model the droid, you can attach a droid to the model with some kind of tag, like in the x-wing
although, in this case someone might have make another version (with a .surf file) so the 'arms' don't accidentally poke through the sides.
 tFighterPilot
11-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by wufire
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here(i.e. monsoontide) could tell me how i can make an md3 model into a fully functional, super awesome, vehicle.
Wufire (aka Wufire)

p.s. Monsoontide is my new best friend. :D If you have 3D Studio Max 4 or above, read duncan's tut, if not, you can always send the model and the textures to someone who has has it (EG, me)
 monsoontide
11-03-2003, 3:22 PM
I updated the Naboo N-1 pic above to show texturing and the fact that I pinched Raven's R2D2 Head - as t3rr0r noted I can't use the npc as it doesn't fit inside the ships hull.

BTW how do you add the r2d2 model anyway - what is the tag for it - and if you can do that, then in theory could you add any npc as part of a vehicle?
 Manquesa
11-03-2003, 3:43 PM
my guess is it's bolt_droidNPC . Look in the .veh file, that's where you assign which model to use for the droidNPC . And yeah, I guess in theory you could use any model since you can assign it in the .veh file. I've never done this though so I dont know for sure.
 monsoontide
11-03-2003, 5:57 PM
Manquesa - glad to see you got your landing gear problems sorted out...
Hope to see more of your work - how's about redoing that A-Wing prefab ;)

imyourfather - what's the link for that tutorial you mentioned?

Duncan_10158 - How's progress? It now seems that I have:
Ewok Glider
Anakins Airspeeder
Aiwha
Naboo N-1
Desert Skiff mostly ready for you!!! Let me know when you need the next one - I don't just want to dump them all on you.
 shukrallah
11-03-2003, 11:53 PM
So, is this going to be a vehicle pack? Or individual releases (sorry, i didnt read the whole thread) All the models look great :) We can use them in maps right?
 monsoontide
11-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Individual releases - though they will become part of the OJP
Totally available for map builders to use - It'd be pointless making them otherwise! ;)
Also I'm including the skinning templates so if anyone wants to do a better job or team colours, personalized paint jobs etc they can.
 SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 1:13 AM
Is it posible to make team aircraft? Is it done with the mapping radient or is there some code in the veh. file?
Im wanting to make team aircraft but I cant yet because I dont have jk3, I should hopfully get it at Cristmas!
Im also a mapper....
Im wanting to make a big CTF map with LOTs of vehicles in it,
I will place the vehicles in caves with useable turret guns outside so people can protect them and shoot down oppozing players...
The only thing that I really dont know for sure about is if the vehicles show team tags and if a team matecan kill another team mate in a vehicle......

Btw: just a sugjestion, please dont make vehicles able to run over walking players... I can see allot of lamming happaning with that, and it takes no skill........

[SF]
 bliv
11-04-2003, 11:25 AM
I suggest if you are going to do a large CTF map then it use no aircraft. From experience in reguarly playing CTF maps they are best without too many large open areas. The flag should have 2-3 access roots to it but never be out in the open. This means it is actually possible to defend the flag and people can't just fly over then drop out and collect the flag. Large open areas also tend to kill the framerate.

Your best bet would be to use walkers or equivalent (is there an AT-AT in the works?) style land vehicles for use around the flag. Chuck in a few STAPs or Speeders and include a large space in the central region to fight in, otherwise I can't see that working too succesfully for proper games.
 SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 1:53 PM
Ill have the flag in a protected cave..... I think I know what you mean, but I still want some flying vehicles.... allot of land ones too dont wory about that...
I have detailed plans on graph papper right now, flag is in a small cave thats not to hard to get to but protected with guns and next to that a cave with flying vehicles, then next to that a cave with all kinds of land vehicles..... the cave isnt that deep dont worry........
LOTS of gun turrets too, and some monsters in pits that you can let out......
Flag's not out in the open then, but maybe ill have to tinker with ideas about that.......

there will be a big oppen space BUT there will be walls and texture to it all..... probably a pit in the middle and stuff like that.
I havent got it yet so I dont know exactly yet what people want..... ill make stuff for everyone.......

someone please answer this....
can teams shot down there own team vehicles and are there team markings on the vehicles.. like tags or something????
 monsoontide
11-04-2003, 2:12 PM
Unless you have a HUGE map, don't even think of including spaceship vehicles (Check out the "Flight School" map that's doing the rounds for that sort of thing) since it's really hard to fly the damn ships and they can crash into the skybox - unless you really give it some time and patience (& a huge open map) most people tend to take of fire a couple of shots and then crash into something.
You can of course tweak the .veh files to make the ships more "flyable" in a confined space.
As far as team ships , you have alter the .npc file and do some custom skins for it - I don't know about friendly fire.
I think this is why Raven stuck to using vehicles only in their Siege maps.

It's all possible though - it just might take a bit more work than you might like to get it all working properly ;)
 SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 5:31 PM
ok :)

The map will be HUGE, with a really HUGE place to fly in. No obsticles to wory about just KILL...
your right i will definently have allot of work to do... to bad I dont have the game yet :(
it will be deffinently be as big if not bigger than kotor flight school..
 Gonkish
11-04-2003, 9:24 PM
Oooo... If you're still looking for suggestions... what about the Ebon Hawk (from KotOR)? I mean, it would be too big for a flyable vehicle, but as a misc_model it'd be a fantastic piece for a level designer like moi.. although yeah, it's 4000 years old in the time frame of JA.. but still... There's plenty of reference shots around...
 shukrallah
11-04-2003, 11:14 PM
The only bad thing about flyable ships is the FPS. If you make a HUGE map, one that would be fun to fly around in, the FPS would be so low, it wouldnt be funny. Even if it had nothing in it, it would still be slow.... Plus, it wont look that good. I would suggest a few .md3s.... or something. ive got plans for a flyable map... but i have to see if i can pull it off, with good FPS, and a good size to fly in.

Btw: just a sugjestion, please dont make vehicles able to run over walking players... I can see allot of lamming happaning with that, and it takes no skill........

So what? You can get in a vehicle and stop right back on the guy! Its not realistic at all if your riding a vehicle such as an AT-AT, and you cant step forward because a jawa wants to stand in front of your leg... or an ATST, they cant aim well, they take a lot of space on the screen, you should be able to stomp on people. Like the speeder bikes, when they hit you, you get knocked down... (you should die)

I do agree, it would probably get spammed, and it doesnt require any skill, but then thats why mappers shouldnt just spam there map with vehicles, in places that dont make sense... it makes no sense to put an ATST in a rebel base map... just like it makes no sense to put a swoop on kamino. :)

Hey uh... is someone making a snow speeder? If not, do you plan to?
monsoontide, what vehicles exaclty do you plan on making? Or is it all just requests?
Page: 9 of 15