Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

Page: 7 of 15
 monsoontide
10-14-2003, 6:34 PM
Nah! :D

IMHO Dooku's speeder is the worst speeder design they've (Lucasfilm) come up with. I'm not sure why, I just don't like it - it just seems like some sort of futuristic moped. It doesn't really ever seem to go fast in the movie.
But that's just my view. ;)
Good suggestion though, I hadn't thought of that one. Luke Landspeeder is more of a possibility or the Lars Family Speeder bike. Ya know a Bongo could be cool, but I can't imagine a map that would use it (There is a flag in the vehicle file about being waterproof).

Really though, I need to get the other half dozen models finished before I start work on any more. Plus I'm just starting on converting my two SAGA maps to SIEGE mode, & reworking my QuiGon/Darth Maul Duel map so I'm a wee but busy. ;)

:wan: :mauls:
 Tesla
10-14-2003, 6:54 PM
What about a Star Wars Movie Vehicle Pack, where you have every vehicle thats been in the Movies, Originals & Prequels, alot of stuff like Ties, X-Wings are already in-game, but you could make N-1s, Gungan Vehicles, AAT and the Battle Droid carriers,

I can't think of anymore right now but......man this game has alot of potential for Vehicles :D
 Zappa_0
10-14-2003, 8:22 PM
Other Vehicles:

A-Wing
Y-Wing
ATAT
ATPT
Slave I
Cloud City Fighter
Tie Intercepter
Darth Vaders Tie Fighter
Geonosis Fighter
Jed Starfighter
Darth Mauls ship "Sith Intercepter" I think
Trade Federation Fighters
Republic Gun Ship
Anakins StarFighter
HailFire Droid
Battle Droid Tank
Skyhopper
Zam's Speeder
Snow Speeder
E-Wing
B-Wing
 t3rr0r
10-14-2003, 8:27 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Cloud City Fighter
and that's already in the game in .md3 format, so maybe a quick conversion could be in order.
 monsoontide
10-14-2003, 8:42 PM
I believe that the AOTC Total Conversion project is working on a number of those - not sure if they're as playable vehicles though.

Vader's Tie Fighter is I think partially in game as a map model.
Pod Car is In game - just needs to be set up as a vehicle.
Also Zam Wessels speeder is in game though not set up as a vehicle (LO-POLY though)
I think? Someone else has done a Jedi Starfighter vehicle (Though I think it had been pinched from AOTC Total Conversion - I may be wrong though)
A couple of the others have been modeled as map pre-fabs, I can think of
A-Wing, Slave 1, The Outrider, AT-AT, Snowspeeder and a LO-POLY map object version of the N-1 starfighter (That could use a new version).
While some of these would be suitable as vehicles, a few of them are really a bit tooooooo large - UNLESS the whole map was scaled to size and only vehicles were used (like some mad Quake3 engine version of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter!)
The YT-1300 (Falcon) is set up as a vehicle but there's no model set up for it, so it crashes the game!

Until someone really get's the hang of the spaceships & makes them playable, I think it'll be mostly smaller 1 & 2 person vehicles and animals.

Kadduu, Eopie, Shaak (Anikins Rodeo Level :D ), Fambaa, Ronto, Bantha etc...
 wedge2211
10-14-2003, 9:50 PM
Originally posted by monsoontide
While some of these would be suitable as vehicles, a few of them are really a bit tooooooo large - UNLESS the whole map was scaled to size and only vehicles were used (like some mad Quake3 engine version of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter!)
AT-ATs and snowspeeders could be quite cool...

*Thinks about Star Wars HALO*

:cool:

Has anybody answered the question of whether vehicles can have a driver, a gunner, and/or passengers? I imagine with Siege scripting it wouln't be hard at all to have a vehicle that an emplaced_gun follows around, as if it was part of the vehicle...but doing it all in one package would be much more efficient.
 JoeyJoJoShabado
10-15-2003, 1:51 PM
Well Hiryu swift said that he's fixed the lambda shuttle to allow 3 people in it, 2 people controlling side turrets.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113020&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)
 Kengo
10-16-2003, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by wedge2211
AT-ATs and snowspeeders could be quite cool...

*Thinks about Star Wars HALO*

:cool:

Wow man, I like your Halo style thinking on this one....vehicles with gunners? Man that would be good for Siege....

*Pauses to imagine it*
 HiryuSwift
10-16-2003, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe
Nice! I wonder if you can make a vehicle (like the transport in Ep2) in which you can have passengers with you, and some who can shoot the lasers? :cool: The bantha is my fav :D

I got multiple people working for the lambda shuttle the download link is: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/swiftsgarage/lambda2.pk3)

the spawn name is lambdashuttle2 Two other people control the turrets, unfortunately I can't get them to move for some reason, I'm going to continually update it. Another problem is the turret view is a little messed up. For just passengers, it'd probably be something like this:

turret1
turretview1 "<whatever the pilot's view is>"

I'm pretty sure it's turret1view or turretview1 or something lol I'm not at home :p.

Since there's no weapon assigned to turret1 it should act just like a passenger. That's just for hide rider ships though, I'm not sure how it would work with a speeder and such. Also, it'd probably be possible to make it so that the passengers can look around. If you guys need any help .veh file wise, I'd be glad to help.

I'm not that good at editting and such, I just saw that all of this was in here, but was commented out (//) so I took the comments out and it worked. Not sure why they commented it out though...
 MasterSidious
10-16-2003, 7:01 PM
SWEET STUFF!!!

I've heard on another post that someone already has the lambda shuttle made, 3 passengers, 2 guns :D

I reiterate SWEET STUFF

(and some damn good modelers):cool:
 MasterSidious
10-16-2003, 7:05 PM
By the way, don't forget to use your talent on flyable vehicles, I mean EVEN I COULD make that z-95 look better, if I had the game. I don't know what modeler who was half asleep modeled that thing lol
 DarkLord60
10-16-2003, 8:42 PM
I believe that the AOTC Total Conversion project is working on a number of those - not sure if they're as playable vehicles though.

Vader's Tie Fighter is I think partially in game as a map model.
Pod Car is In game - just needs to be set up as a vehicle.
Also Zam Wessels speeder is in game though not set up as a vehicle (LO-POLY though)
I think? Someone else has done a Jedi Starfighter vehicle (Though I think it had been pinched from AOTC Total Conversion - I may be wrong though)
A couple of the others have been modeled as map pre-fabs, I can think of
A-Wing, Slave 1, The Outrider, AT-AT, Snowspeeder and a LO-POLY map object version of the N-1 starfighter (That could use a new version).
The YT-1300 (Falcon) is set up as a vehicle but there's no model set up for it, so it crashes the game!

Until someone really get's the hang of the spaceships & makes them playable, I think it'll be mostly smaller 1 & 2 person vehicles and animals.

Kadduu, Eopie, Shaak (Anikins Rodeo Level :D ), Fambaa, Ronto, Bantha etc...

Yes we will be working on a number of those.

Also Zams speeder is almost finished
 Tesla
10-16-2003, 8:54 PM
Will they be rideable vehicles or stationary objects ???
Perhaps both ? ;)
 monsoontide
10-16-2003, 9:02 PM
Progress report soon - as soon as I have some progress to report! :D

The STAP is ready to go as soon as I finish the skin and type up the readme ;)

Duncan_10158 has the Dewback and is working on the animations.

New pics late today or tomorrow.

Busy, busy busy!!!
 Tesla
10-16-2003, 9:05 PM
Awesome :D
So are all the others finished or are they on hold until the Stap & Dewback are done ?
Cant wait to see the new pictures. :D
 ZBomber
10-16-2003, 9:11 PM
Wow... Aweosme job... :|
 monsoontide
10-16-2003, 9:39 PM
I just have to tidy up the skins and the meshes.
The Sith Speeder and Speeder Bike are the next closest to completion.

Hope to have them ready by the end of next week.
 Tesla
10-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Great :D
I seroiusly can't wait to be zooming around in these beautys !!:D
 MasterSidious
10-16-2003, 10:49 PM
BECAUSE of you I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY... want JA now :D. LOL I don't even have my comp. yet to run it. Check out the specs. on my sig. I'm going to have to wait 3 more weeks to get it (DAMN) and I've already waited for 3 lol(damn again) but oh well, good moding and really sweet stuff you're making.

I just hope you can make like, I know this is a lot to ask but
this :atat: . I know it can be done just A LOT of work but it would be really cool :(
 monsoontide
10-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Making One Would be the EASY part. Getting it animated and working in the game (Along with a big enough map, that's the hard part!)
Wonder if we used the scaling mod (for yoda) to make ALL the player smaller - then you could make appropraite Snow Speeders & AT-AT's without the maps having to be too big - Just thinking out loud :D
 Duncan_10158
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
i started to animate the Deback and its a very hard work. in fact i am still stting up the skeleton. as i made the animations for the droideka, i think it will take quite a long time to do some good job. so dont expect this to be finished soon.

animated models will take much longer to make, cause they are very difficult compared to non-animated models. but as soon we can do some coding there will be a lots of possibilities and we will creat completly new things.
 monsoontide
10-16-2003, 11:19 PM
 monsoontide
10-17-2003, 2:37 PM
OK, I've updated the screenshots a bit, though you probably won't notice a difference on most of them as I said before it's really just finishing the skins and the meshes (I spen most of last night working on the Sith Speeder, so it no longer looks quite like the picture), and I've really only had a chance to work on a couple of them as I've been really busy at work this week!

Will update these next week, once I've done some more work on them.
 t3rr0r
10-17-2003, 7:07 PM
have you tried the both_gunsit1 animation for the stap (if it works at all), since the animation looks similar to the stance of the rider (http://www.nebulacomics.com/prod/stapkit.jpg). same goes with the sith speeder.
 monsoontide
10-17-2003, 7:44 PM
Will try it out and see if I can get it to work.
Am planning to release the STAP on pcgamemods.com & others this weekend.
 Tesla
10-17-2003, 7:47 PM
Nice Pics :D
Damn it, i want great moddeling skills !! :p

Can't wait till one of these is released :D
 Duncan_10158
10-17-2003, 8:49 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
have you tried the both_gunsit1 animation for the stap (if it works at all), since the animation looks similar to the stance of the rider (http://www.nebulacomics.com/prod/stapkit.jpg). same goes with the sith speeder.

i tried to replace the animation, but i didnt work. to change >riderAnim< seems to have no effect. it looks like the animation is coded in the vehicle class. if i change the class, the animations doesnt work at all. i am looking forward to use both_gunsit1 as rideranimation as soon we can change the code.
 DarkLord60
10-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Wow those are really looking great!
 monsoontide
10-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Duncan now has the Sith Speeder (I finsihed skinning it on Friday night), and since making new animations for the Dewback is going to take a while, I've enlisted the help of Keshire over at Raven Forums to help animate the Acklay if he can.
I am finishing up the textures for the speeder bike tonight, plus finalizing the STAP which I hope to release either late tonight or tomorrow before I go to work!

P.S. For those who are interested, I was going through some siege documentation and it appears that the Rocket Trooper uses a different animation set to the standard player animations.
 Tesla
10-20-2003, 12:57 AM
Cool, sounds like everythings going well. :D

Rocket Trooper...is that the one with the Jetpack, there's a walking version of it on the Dreadnaught level, anyone know the Npc code for the Rocket Trooper ?

And does it work with the Playermodel command ?

Sorry to go off topic :(
 monsoontide
10-20-2003, 2:58 AM
Hey all,
I've released the STAP model over on
pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2630/)
With 3 screenshots

Big thanks to all who contributed - Especially Duncan_10158 for getting the model in game :D

If anyone has any trouble getting it going or finds errors anywhere let me know ASAP so that I can take care of them.
Feel free to tweak the .veh file to suit your needs.
(And send it to me if you make it really good!)

I put the blank texture template in there if anyone wants to do their own custom paint job.

O.K. next up (Hopefully) the sith speeder :mauls:
 Tesla
10-20-2003, 3:11 AM
YES !!!
Great news :D
Can't wait for your next vehicles :D YAY !!!! :D :p
 seks03
10-20-2003, 6:49 AM
Great job Monsoontide, I know your busy with the all these great models but when you are done or have time,.... A Pod racer and some one can remake Bonta Eve.

As for Duncan, do you do the models and he skins them?

Ive also put you on my site under the Request page
 monsoontide
10-20-2003, 1:41 PM
No, I build & Skin the models, but since I don't have (Or use) 3DS Max, I can't get them in game properly, so, that's where Duncan comes in - He places the tags, wights the 3D mesh and exports it so it will run through RAVEN's "assimilate" program, which creates a "proper" glm & gla file - just doing it through "MD3view" only creates a glm file which doesn't show up in game!
He also is animating the dewback.
 riovu
10-20-2003, 7:20 PM
I gotta question is anakin speeder gnna be a land or air vehicle?i think i would be better in land cuz there easier to control or maybe u can make two of em one for sky and one for ground
 monsoontide
10-20-2003, 8:22 PM
Undecided as yet - will have to do some testing on it to see which is best.

Which reminds me:
Duncan_10158 has just sent me the Sith Speeder for testing :mauls:
If anyone is interesting in testing it and tweaking the .veh file to give a more "sith" - like ride, let me know.
Also need help tweaking the weapons system (It's supposed to lay mines - currently using those green spiky things the lambda shuttle fires - but Duncan informs me they appear in the wrong place).

Spent last night working on the speeder bike and apart from a couple of pieces, it's all done and will be on it's way to Duncan tonight or tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, grab the STAP from:
pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2630/)
If you don't already have it.
 Tesla
10-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Would it be ok, if tested and see if i could tweak the Sith Speeder to a more sith like feel as you put ?

If want me to test it then send it my way, here (tesla@xtremegamesinc.com) :)
 monsoontide
10-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Would anyone be interested in an "Air-Whale" vehicle?

(You know the thing the Kaminoan rides out of the water in Ep2)
 Tesla
10-20-2003, 11:13 PM
What a great idea :D

LOL, would be kinda cool riding one of those around. ;)

I say go for it :)
 Padawan_7
10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Would anyone be interested in an "Air-Whale" vehicle?

(You know the thing the Kaminoan rides out of the water in Ep2)

Wow, that's a great idea! :D
I've never thought about that.

Yeah, go for it. I love those things.

By the way, this is the first time I've posted in this thread and I think this is some great work you and Duncan are doing together!
 JoeyJoJoShabado
10-21-2003, 1:02 AM
Great model. Is there anyway you can get it to levitate higher similar to the movies, or is it impossible without the sdk?
 monsoontide
10-21-2003, 1:23 AM
Unzip the PK3, and in the ext/data/vehicles folder, open the .veh file in a text editor and alter the Hover Height value - then pack it all back up and away you go.
 monsoontide
10-21-2003, 2:50 AM
 Tesla
10-21-2003, 5:44 PM
Me please :D
Mail it here please (tesla@xtremegamesinc.com)
:D
 Scoundrel
10-21-2003, 6:07 PM
Well, yeah. I could beta test those too.
remysharpe@sunpoint.net
or
hemmingway@suomi24.fi

Send files to both of those adresses, I might have problems with sunpoint.net adress.
 monsoontide
10-21-2003, 6:29 PM
I emailed it to you last night, did you not get it - let me know and I can send it again.

Scoundrel, will post it to you when I get home from work - Darn Mac's here ;)
 Scouttrooper
10-21-2003, 6:37 PM
:) may i test it too please ??? :p

i dunno about the size but you can send it to :

cobainfish@hotmail.com

or

j.lubbers9@chello.nl
 riovu
10-21-2003, 10:07 PM
I think u wanted to make a siege map so i got a suggestion for u I think that endor would be a good map and u could put some of your models u made in it
 monsoontide
10-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Already there ;)
 Tesla
10-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Whoops, must have forgot to check my e-mail last night...yeah i got it, just going to test it now :D
Page: 7 of 15