Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

Page: 14 of 15
 keshire
12-11-2003, 2:55 AM
Nope stuck here a little while. My wife is throwing a hissy about it. I was supposed to be back Sunday. I'll be home by Friday though. In the Meantime, More AS/400 training for all!
 Pnut_Man
12-14-2003, 2:26 AM
I'm not having a good day...Had my post ready, tried to post it, Lucasforums just went screwy...and i left the entire thing -_-
Oh well, my apologies for taking this long to get back to ya, damn week was busy.

The model
Great model. Don't see any twecking required.

The Skin
Skin looks fine. I only wonder whether the repulsor engine flames are actually the ones seen in the movie, or if the speeder even had any O_o

The animation
Animation seems alright. I would only request that there is a wrist motion on one of the steering bars when the bike does a speed boost.

The handling
It runs just as I imagined it would. Can't wait to see the first race between the moonside bike and an old school swoop ;)

Compatibility
Haven't noticed any problems on this end. I suggest you heed the word of the other testers, they appear to have encountered a few difficulties.

Conclusion
Overall, awesome vehicle. I only wish to see a new vehicle class created so that we can actually have a hunched over rider as seen in ROTJ. Custom sounds could perhaps be added for earcandy (lol). The speed boost heard in ROTJ seemed to have that kick-off sound effect, i'd really like to see you add that in, hehe. Keep on making vehicles, you rock :D
 Kengo
12-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Really sorry I've missed the deadline on this one, I will post a beta report tonight, hopefully that won't be too late.
 t3rr0r
12-15-2003, 1:53 PM
scratch what i said about the handling... it should be slightly better than the swoop's, but not at the level it is currently at. :x
 monsoontide
12-16-2003, 2:48 PM
Hi Folks,

Pre-Christmas tomfoolery causing a bit of a delay in production.
I think this will be the last vehicle from me as Duncan wants to get on with his own stuff, and I think Keshire is also wanting to move on to other projects - if he ever gets out of the snow!

I may release the other models as md3's for the OJP so if anyone wants to turn them into vehicles they can. We'll see what happens anyway.

Thanks for the feedback on the speeder-bike. If there's any more post it quick!
 kmd
12-16-2003, 2:51 PM
you mean no glider, speeder bike is da last one, oh well, any way great work on all your vehicles and modles thus far, been a pleasure beta testing them for ya
 monsoontide
12-16-2003, 3:26 PM
We shall see...
Currently everyone is winding down for the year getting ready for holidays etc.
Perhaps in the New Year if there's any motivation left...
 GothiX
12-16-2003, 3:55 PM
Oh, you'll be motivated alright!

*evil laugh*
 Gonkish
12-16-2003, 8:49 PM
Do Luke's landspeeder as an md3... :)

Is there any chance of the speeder bike coming out as an md3 as well?
 WhiteShdw
12-16-2003, 10:42 PM
you can make a md3 out of it yourself if you want. Monsoontide explained me how to do it, when I asked him for a md3 of the N1 fighter.

You can import the .glm into Milkshape, set up the .qc file so that the textures can be found and then export as md3. It might take few takes to get it right though. I took me a hour or so to completely get a hang of it. Also, you can't use the shader that comes with the vehicle(if there is any), because that's setup for dynamic map models and NPC's. You'll have to set it to vertex lighting if you want to use it as a misc_model. That took me a day to figure out. :D

mmm, now that i look at it, it might be a bit tricky for people who don't have any experience with modeling or shaders.
 keshire
12-17-2003, 2:33 AM
I'm back home. Just have some things to catch up on here at work and home. I'll be working on the acklay by the end of the week. I've also started on some saber code changes. Some screens can be seen in the coding forum. (Had to do something while I was outta town.) ;)
 monsoontide
12-22-2003, 3:08 AM
Specifically to Duncan_10158 & Keshire

You lads still up to finishing of the last little bits on the Acklay Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike?

Let me know as they are almost ready except for those last couple of tweaks from the Beta testing.

Happy New Year :)
 monsoontide
01-22-2004, 2:38 AM
OK. Back again! Happy new Year :D

Keshire & Duncan_10158 - Are you still interested in finishing of the Acklay/Bikerscout & Speeder Bike? I'd like to get them out by the end of January.

Also I've been working on a Endor SIEGE map but with Star WArs:Battlefront coming out, I'm wondering if there is any interest from the community in me finishing this. (Will post some WIP pictures of Endor soon.)
 Teancum
01-22-2004, 6:30 AM
Moonsoontide, head over to the Open Jedi Project forums here at lucasforums. They're working on new vehicle classes (such as a Droideka now) that require custom anims, etc. It may be what you need to get the speeder bike rider to line up with the handlegrips, etc.
 A-WingPilot
01-30-2004, 7:29 AM
How is the ackley going ?
It's been long ago that you said something about it.
 monsoontide
01-30-2004, 5:29 PM
I'm just waiting on Keshire to get some time to do the final fixes (As requested by the Beta testers) and as soon as he's done, I'll put it up on pcgamemods.com and jediknight.net - then it'll go to the open jedi project.

Speeder Bike is in same position.

Both should be out by middle of Feb at latest (fingers crossed!)

I'm currently upgrading my Bast Castle SAGA map to SIEGE and that should also be out end of Feb.

BTW does anyone know if there are glm/xsi/md3 exporters/importers - you know the ones that you need to make the player models that are compatible with 3DS max 6?? I've tried the ones Raven released but it just says they are for an earlier version of 3DS max.

Thanks
 monsoontide
01-30-2004, 7:44 PM
Duncan_10158 tells me that the Speeder Bike vehicle class won't support the animation everyone had requested (Mainly the flaps at the back and on the handle bars) - since there is only one frame of animation in the class.

Anyway perhaps someone can make an improved vehicle class for the Open Jedi Project.

Soooooo... I will try and get everything done finalized and released tonight (30th Jan). If not then it will be Sunday (1st Feb) as I'm off to Disneyland tomorrow!!! ;D
 Zappa_0
01-30-2004, 8:44 PM
AH that is good news!
 monsoontide
01-31-2004, 5:40 AM
I've upped the speeder bike to jediknight.net and jk2files.com - goodness only know how long before they post it though. Tried to up it to pcgamemods.com but it would only transfer 2% then stop - not sure why, I've never had problems with it before. Will try again later.
 Zappa_0
01-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Ah thats good news. You should send it to Seks to put up on JediMoves.com. So what about the Acklay? Any word from Keshire?
 keshire
01-31-2004, 11:07 AM
Well what kind of word would you like? :)

I've been busy training new employees for the past two weeks and still have one week to go. So I haven't had time to sit down and animate.

Also I added a new bone for the hand tag which controls the grabbing so the animation isn't as jerky as it is. I tried adding bones for the fingers on each leg but there was too much tearing of the mesh.

I was also waiting to see if RenegadeOfPhunk could get the melee attacks working for the vehicles. (He's already done so much with the vehicle code its amazing) Check the droideka in OJP and the upcoming Movie Battles mod. Modelled and animated by Duncan.

But believe me I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.
 Kengo
01-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by monsoontide
I've upped the speeder bike to jediknight.net and jk2files.com - goodness only know how long before they post it though. Tried to up it to pcgamemods.com but it would only transfer 2% then stop - not sure why, I've never had problems with it before. Will try again later.

The server seems really weird today for no apparent reason...comments are all screwed up too. Give it a few hours and hope ;)
 TK-8252
01-31-2004, 7:21 PM
I can't even get into PCGameMods today. I get this weird error on the front screen:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm2/db.php on line 30
 monsoontide
02-01-2004, 6:01 AM
As Keshire suggested I will upload a version 0.9 of the Acklay (1st of Feb) - with a later update if he can implement afore mentioned changes :D

Unforunately pcgamemods.com seems to have suffered a serious setback of some sort - lets hope they get it fixed soon.
As per usual jediknight.net and jk2files.com have lots going on, so don't expect them to post any time soon.
 Zappa_0
02-01-2004, 6:13 AM
Is that version 9 the same beta you sent out a few months back? And yea lets all hope PCGM comes back online very soon!
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 6:28 AM
ey monsoontide?
Can I 1 time test a beta of you?
I just want to know how it is.
 TK-8252
02-01-2004, 6:31 AM
PCGameMods is back up RIGHT NOW!!!! If you can hear me, submit it, QUICK!!
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 6:34 AM
Ey TK8252, aren't you from jk3files.com ?
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 6:48 AM
pcgamemods.com is back up again!
 Zappa_0
02-01-2004, 7:11 AM
Duh thats what he just said!!! Its been up for about 30 mins, but its still slow. Atleast it is for me. A-WingPilot, if he submit's it today then you can get to play it. Its that simple.
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 7:33 AM
Jippii !!!

But i don't think that monsoontide is going to look at these posts agin today, so
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 8:07 AM
Weren't you going to model aiwha?
 Zappa_0
02-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Yea he has been working on it. Theres some pictures around here in the forums somewhere. But its not a vehicle yet, I dont think.
 Kengo
02-01-2004, 11:49 AM
We have an interview with Monsoontide over at Map-Review.com, discussing his past works and current projects. Big thanks to Monsoontide! :)

http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=interview_view&id=11)

Oh, PCGM is up but....it still seems kinda funny to me. Not sure if uploading will work - worth a go! I will update those links in the interview as soon as a file site does get the files up! :D
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Yea he has been working on it. Theres some pictures around here in the forums somewhere. But its not a vehicle yet, I dont think.
I can't see that site, it's not around my country, i think.
( Can you send them plz:rolleyes: )
(Janssens_stefan@hotmail.com)

If you want , of course.
 Zappa_0
02-01-2004, 3:54 PM
AwingPilot, I added to MSN contacts. I went looking for the pic of the Aiwha and it must be down. I may have it on my labtop, I'll look for it. But if you wanna see the Acklay, just msg me later.
 monsoontide
02-01-2004, 4:31 PM
OK - well as you've noticed pcgamemodes is up but I still can't upload to it!

Yes - the 0.9 Acklay is the same version I sent the BETA testers - As it may be some time before Keshire can implement the improvements he wants, we thought it best to release it as it is now - which is fine - just not perfect!

So appologies to the BETA testers, it's not that we are ignoring your valuable input, its just that some of the things we'd like to do are going to take more time to implement than others, so rather than releasing incremental updates, we'll just release a FINAL as soon as we can.

Also if anyone can help me with the problem I'm having.
The 3DS Max plugins that came with the SDK are not compatible with 3DS MAX 6. Anyone have a solution?
 A-WingPilot
02-01-2004, 4:42 PM
Thx again, zappa_0.

Good morning, lol, It's evening here in belgium, so weird.

And I'm sorry, but i only use GMax. so:Pout1:
 TK-8252
02-01-2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by A-WingPilot
Ey TK8252, aren't you from jk3files.com ? Yes... but that doesn't mean I can't go to PCGameMods. :confused:
 Kengo
02-01-2004, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Yes... but that doesn't mean I can't go to PCGameMods. :confused:

I go to JK3Files....

There isn't some big rivalry, we're all in it together, right? :)

Looks like you can download from PCGM but not upload of comment....no idea why, hopefully it will get back to normal soon.
 TK-8252
02-01-2004, 7:15 PM
There is no rivalry. Only thing that bugs me is if you type www.pcgamemods.com) in a comment board it registers it as www.somesite.com). :p
 [FotF]Maddog
02-01-2004, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by Kengo
I go to JK3Files....

There isn't some big rivalry, we're all in it together, right? :)

Looks like you can download from PCGM but not upload of comment....no idea why, hopefully it will get back to normal soon.
No there was no rivalrly but i think it had a lot to do with downtime over at JK2files.com, lack of updates by staff. The amount of files came pouring in, and when something got posted late people would keep mentioning how it was up over at PCGM for quite sometime. I guess the staff/owner got tired of hearing the comments and solved the problem.

They seem to be back on track over there and are releasing files with reviews and pics about a week or so after they have been submitted.

Its all about the community and sharing and receiving great files like the one on hand here, i'm just trying to figure when I am gonna get my hands on it. LOL
:mad: Dog
 monsoontide
02-02-2004, 1:03 AM
OK - It's up? On pcgamemods now - BUT... I haven't been able to submit any screenshots since that's still not working yet.

Will have Acklay up later tonight (all going well) :)
 monsoontide
02-02-2004, 2:41 AM
OK, The Acklay is up on pcgamemods.com

If you Beta tested it, this is the same version - Sorry :(
A final version is underway :)
 tFighterPilot
02-02-2004, 9:21 AM
Originally posted by [FotF]Maddog
No there was no rivalrly but i think it had a lot to do with downtime over at JK2files.com, lack of updates by staff. The amount of files came pouring in, and when something got posted late people would keep mentioning how it was up over at PCGM for quite sometime. I guess the staff/owner got tired of hearing the comments and solved the problem.

They seem to be back on track over there and are releasing files with reviews and pics about a week or so after they have been submitted.

Its all about the community and sharing and receiving great files like the one on hand here, i'm just trying to figure when I am gonna get my hands on it. LOL
:mad: Dog You're just angry because they "fired" you (couldn't find the right word)

After the reviews you made on my files, I can't really say I'm sorry, sorry. :band:
 Zappa_0
02-02-2004, 9:51 AM
No problem monsoon, we all know the best is yet to come.
 Torchy
02-02-2004, 10:25 AM
where are the pictures :confused: :p
 A-WingPilot
02-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Yes... but that doesn't mean I can't go to PCGameMods. :confused:
No, but can't you Test the file, and post it directly, yust question, you know:)
 A-WingPilot
02-02-2004, 1:02 PM
Can you tell us the other projects now?
The one where you guys were working on (ex. aiwha)
:)
 Hekx
02-02-2004, 1:15 PM
Nice work on the Acklay. It took me half an hour how to figure out how to spawn it (the .veh file is named differently) but in the end I got it working.

It looks freaky with the animations, good work. :)

(The npc name is acklay_vehicle_mst, incase anyone wanted to know.)
Page: 14 of 15