Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enable Debug Mode in Monkey Island 1 + other Lec games

Page: 1 of 2
 bgbennyboy
04-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Endy (Ender), project leader of ScummVM has recently discovered how to enable debug mode in a few Lec games and in a big money deal has agreed to reveal it exclusively to the Mojo forums.*

Other people have added additional info and codes.

Remember this will work only with the original interpreter (.exe) not ScummVM.

Monkey Island 1
Type "hardyharhar" without the quotes
Press control-shift and d
This activates the debug functions, in MI1 this is really only the skip room function.
Press control and g to bring up the change room dialog
Type in the room number you want to change to and press enter
The dialog will flash up again, this time type asking for the 'xpos', this is just the position of Guybrush on the x(horizontal) axis in the room so enter something like 200 and press enter. It will change rooms.
Remember you can only change to rooms that exist, there is no checking and if you enter a room number that doesnt exist it will probably ask for a non-existant file or disk (ie disk 0) so you will have to restart the game.
If there is a script running (like a cutscene or where the inventory dissapears) and you change room the script most likely wont be terminated so you will end up with some odd effects or it may crash and need restarting.
Once activated debug mode isnt turned off, so you wont need to reactivate it once you've changed rooms.

Here (http://www.gorman.btinternet.co.uk/hardyharhar/) are a few screenshots I took yesterday of how it can mess up.

There are a few extra functions in the cd version:
ctrl + e - Examine/set a scumm variable
ctrl + f - Fast mode
ctrl + o - Pick up object from room
ctrl + l - Enter a bootparam

See my post below for an explanation of boot parameters and the possible bootparams.

It will work on near enough every version of MI1 ever released. I tested it successfully on:
Amiga
Amiga Demo
Atari St
Pc-ega
Pc-vga
Pc-cd
Pc-passport to adventure demo

The only one it doesnt work for is the standalone pc mi1 demo (but it works for the same demo in the passport to adventure demo set) I havent tested on Mac or Mega-cd of course but I assume it will work on the Mac version too.

Zak McKracken
The code here is "*ch4mysocks" (starch for my socks, geddit?)
AtariSt
Press control and g to activate debug mode
Pc
The code is the same but dont use the * key on the numpad, use shift and 8.
Press F7 to activate debug mode (found by Tomas)

Shift + F - turn on/off fast mode
Shift + G - skip to room/x-position
Shift + L - set object in room
Shift + O - get object in room
Shift + S - set a scumm variable
! (shift and 1) - change actor colour (zak old) change room colour (zak new)
@ (shift and @) - change actor colour(zak new)
[] or {} - change room colour (zak old)

Maniac Mansion
Found by Tomas
Older (lesser colour) pc version
Code - !a%ifyou*ve
Press shift and 1 to get the !, shift and 5 to get the % and shift and 8 to get the *, dont use any shortcut keys like the * on the num pad.
Activation key - F7
Newer version
Code - *ch4mysocks
Activation key - F7

Shift + D - displays the running scripts
Shift + G - change room
Shift + O - get object in a room
Shift + S - set a variable
Shift + Z - display hex data from memory
Shift + / - 'something'
Escape - redraw screen

Loom
Code - schwanensee
Activation key - F7
Shift+G Goto room

Loom Cd
Code - hardyharhar
Activation key - Ctrl+D
Ctrl+E Set variable
Ctrl+F Fast mode
Ctrl+G Goto room

Last Crusade Ega
Code - coolwhiped
Activation key - F7
Shift+F Fast mode
Shift+G Goto room
Shift+L Set object
Shift+O Activate object, eg open door
Shift+S Set variable
Shift+Z Display zplane

Last Crusade Vga, Zak256 + demos on Zak256 cd
Code - whipitgood
Activation key - F7
Shift+F Fast mode
Shift+G Goto room
Shift+S Set variable

Monkey Island 2
Code - monkeyspit
Activation key - Ctrl+D
Ctrl+E Set variable
Ctrl+F Fast mode
Ctrl+G Goto room
Ctrl+L Enter boot param
Ctrl+O Pickup object in room x

Fate of Atlantis
Code - shinymetal
Activation key - Ctrl+D
Ctrl+E Set variable
Ctrl+F Fast mode
Ctrl+G Goto room
Ctrl+L Enter boot param
Ctrl+O Pickup object in room

Day of the Tentacle
Code - swordfish
Activation key - Ctrl+D
Ctrl+E Set variable
Ctrl+F Fast mode
Ctrl+G Goto room
Ctrl+L Boot param

As a sidenote, when you have debug mode active in any game try pressing control and a. If it brings up a prompt then please reply and say what game and for what platform.

* Or not, perhaps he just said I could go ahead and post about it, whatever, feh.
 James Isaac
04-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I don't get it, do you start it with SCUMM VM or what?
 bgbennyboy
04-22-2003, 12:56 PM
I hate quoting, but I am doing it from an impeccable source here ¬

Remember this will work only with the original interpreter (.exe) not ScummVM

You run the game normally, with the .exe that shipped with the game, ie. you dont use ScummVM. You can use VdmSound or VdmSound mode in Q+E to run it if you have trouble on 2k/xp.
 James Isaac
04-22-2003, 1:05 PM
Thanks, got it now!

That is great!:)

How was that found out, and is there any debugging mode in MI3 or MI4?

Also if you press 'Ctrl + E' you can set variables.
If you press 'Ctrl + O' You can pick up any object.
 bgbennyboy
04-22-2003, 1:17 PM
Like I said, I didnt find it, Endy did.

I dont know about CMI but there is in MI4, like the Grim Fandango one, i've tried but I cant enable it though.
 bgbennyboy
04-22-2003, 4:35 PM
Bootparam's start the game from a specific point. Use the method in the first post to use them, hit control+L and enter one of the numbers below. This will restart the game and take you to the selected point.

You can also use bootparams in ScummVM, when running from the command line add "-d0 -b<bootparam>" eg -d0 -b1
If you use Quick and Easy as a ScummVM frontend select your game, click create shortcut, find the shortcut on your desktop, right click it, click properties, on the shortcut tab look in the target box and add the bootparam stuff there
So it will look something like this:
C:\ScummVM\scummvm.exe -pC:\SCUMMG~1\MONKEY~2\ -eadlib -gadvmame2x -d0 -b1 monkey1
You can then run the shortcut with the bootparam activated.

Anyway here are the MI1 bootparams:

1 Monkey Island
2 Monkey Island Map Bottom - By Crack
3 Monkey Island Map Centre Left - By Fort
4 Monkey Island Map Centre
5 Monkey Island Map Centre Right - By Monkey Head Clearing
6 Monkey Island Map Top - By Cannibal Village
7 Cabin on Ship - Before ship intro
110 Outside swordmasters with sword and lechuck's note
111 Melee lookout point with sword
112 Outside swordmasters with sword (different number of insults known?)
113 Outside swordmasters with sword (different number of insults known?)
114 Outside swordmasters with sword (different number of insults known?)
115 Outside swordmasters with sword (different number of insults known?)
213 Outside cannibal hut with voodoo root
321 Govenors mansion with sword file and idol
332 Underwater at Melee dock
333 Close-up end cutscene
334 Close-up end cutscene
353 Stans with credit note
408 Cannibal Village, outside hut with monkey head key, leaflet, wimpy little idol
415 Melee Island lookout point with breath mints and rubber chicken
444 Outside governors mansion with meat and yellow petal
456 Jail with breath mints and melting mug of grog
501 Ship Kitchen
555 Melee Island Bridge
666 Scumm Bar - empty
707 Store - storekeeper away
759 Melee Dock
777 Circus tent with pot and hunk of meat
789 Monkey Island Map Bottom - By Crack with 2x rope
800 Melee Island Forest
878 Monkey Island River Fork
888 Outside Smirk's with sword and 50 pieces of 8
900 Monkey Island Upper Beach
999 Caverns Under Monkey Island by ship with magnetic compass, head of naviagator, necklace of navigator
1111 Ship Intro
1212 Melee Dock with Navigator Head, Navigator Necklace, Root Beer Seltzer
1436 Monkey Island - Bottom of crack with magnetic compass, pamphlet, leaflet, brochure, 3 bananas, oars
2221 Ship Kitchen with spell ingredients
2222 Ship deck with breath mints and rubber chicken
2299 Ship Deck with Pamphlet, leaflet, brochure, rope, gunpowder, flaming mass and pot
3777 Melee Island lookout with 2x 300 pieces of eight, sword, shovel, breath mints, rubber chicken
4313 Cannibal Village, outside hut with monkey head key, oars, magnetic compass, pamphlet, leaflet, brochure, navigator head, navigator necklace
4444 Monkey Island - By Monkey with 5 bananas and monkey head key
5555 Inside Hut in Cannibal Village
6342 Ghost Ship Main Deck, outside hut with monkey head key, oars, magnetic compass, pamphlet, leaflet, brochure, navigator head, navigator necklace
6565 Monkey Island beach by banana
6666 Outside Monkey Head with monkey head key
6767 Ship Intro
7777 Monkey Island beach by banana, Guybrush and Rowboat invisible
7981 Monkey Island River Fork after dam blown with 3 bananas, magnetic compass, pamphlet, leaflet, brochure
8742 Cannibal Village, outside hut with monkey head key, oars, magnetic compass, pamphlet, leaflet, brochure
8888 Caverns Under Monkey Island by Bob after ship has sailed
8889 Caverns Under Monkey Island by Bob after ship has sailed
8989 Melee Island Church during wedding
9432 Monkey Island Beach, with magnetic compass, pamphlet, leaflet, brochure
 ThunderPeel2001
04-22-2003, 6:43 PM
In a word... WOW! This all begs the question: What would happen in Fate of Atlantis if you sent Indy to the room besides Sophia's office? Could you look at objects? Would there be a cut-scene? I hope you find the debug code for FoA!

~ Johnny
 bgbennyboy
04-22-2003, 7:48 PM
First post updated with Zak for Pc (Tomas found the activation key) and the code for Maniac Mansion - again found by Tomas.
 khalek
04-23-2003, 4:56 AM
Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001
In a word... WOW! This all begs the question: What would happen in Fate of Atlantis if you sent Indy to the room besides Sophia's office? Could you look at objects? Would there be a cut-scene? I hope you find the debug code for FoA!

~ Johnny

Actually in scumm terms its the same room as sophia's office.

There is nothing to interact with in the room to the right, the door in the middle of the section is labelled exit but it doesn't do anything.

In the room to the left about the only thing you can interact with is the changing screen. ie look at changing screen results in indy saying "A changing screen for modest people."

Why do you need a debugger code when you have ScummVM? :)

It isn't as simple as jumping to the room either, you have to then stop the cutscene, kill script 200, and fiddle with the camera
 Jake
04-23-2003, 2:11 PM
Or you can just jump to the hotel scene on the team path and claim you've found it! :)
 ThunderPeel2001
04-23-2003, 4:52 PM
Thanks.

"!a%ifyou*ve"

Does this mean anything (like the "Starch for my socks" one)?

"(?)a(?)if you starve"? Or am I reading too much into this thing? :)

"(ex)Claim a percentage if you starve"?

Starving programmers? :)
 Joshi
04-23-2003, 5:32 PM
Sorry, I missed the part where that had something to do with this topic (no sarcasm intended, i really would like to know).
 bgbennyboy
04-23-2003, 7:00 PM
Main post updated with new keys for Maniac Mansion and Zak found by Tomas.
 ThunderPeel2001
04-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Neil, the code for Zak was: " *ch4mysocks " which translates as " STAR-ch 4 my socks " or "Starch for my socks". The code for MM is "!a%ifyou*ve" which might possibly translate as "(Ex)claim a percentage if you starve"... (Claim a percentage of the gross if you're a starving programmer/games tester?!)

Who knows! :) That's why I put it up to debate anyway!

~ John
 jannar85
04-24-2003, 5:51 PM
Doesn't work :(
 elTee
04-24-2003, 8:07 PM
So we're only finding this stuff out NOW? After a decade? Wow! There's life in the old dog yet!
 Rapp Scallion
04-25-2003, 7:26 AM
What about the rooms? Have anyone a list of the numbers of the different rooms? I don't understand that bootpatameterline. What is that d0 at the start for example. Someone has to tell me a little more about the scummvm features. And how do I know the number of the objects? And variables. Someone has to explain this a little bit closer. Can you check it with scummvm?
 bgbennyboy
04-25-2003, 9:23 AM
-d0 enables debug mode in ScummVM as the readme says
"-d[<num>] - Set debug verbosity to <num>"

You can also enter bootparams from the command line with the original interpreter, eg:

Monkey1.exe 4
This is only for mi1cd though.

Objects and variables are all different in every game, no there isnt a list.

These are the room numbers for MI1cd taken from the ScummRevisited annotation file:

1=Monkey Island Beach 1
2=Southern Monkey Island
3=Middle Monkey Island
4=Mid-Eastern Monkey Island
5=Northern Monkey Island
6=Sea Monkey Captain's Quarters
7=Heap o' Rocks
8=Path to Gigantic Monkey Head
9=Sea Monkey Kitchen
10=Monkey Island River
11=Monkey Island Balancing Boulder
12=Sea Monkey Crow's Nest
13=Monkey Island Crevice
14=Sea Monkey Ship Deck
15=Cannibal Villiage
16=Cannibal Prison Hut
17=The SCUMM Bar
18=Voodoo Shop
19=Mкlйe Island Jail
20=Mкlйe Island Back Alley
21=Mкlйe Island Dock
22=Mкlйe Island Village (Street Overview)
23=Mкlйe Island Village (Street Level)
24=Outside Governor Marley's Mansion
25=The Fabulous Hook Isle
26=Hellish Maze
27=Monkey Island Dry Riverbed
28=SCUMM Bar Kitchen
29=Underwater
30=Fighting the Sword Master
31=Fabulous Hook Isle Exteriors
32=Outside the Circus Tent
33=Governor Marley's Mansion Interiors
34=Mкlйe Island Toll Bridge
35=Mкlйe Island Forest
36=Stan's Previously Owned Vessels
37=Inside Captain Smirks Big Body Pirate Gym
38=The Sword Master's Home
39=Mкlйe Forest Treasure
40=Hellish Maze Entrance
41=Gigantic Monkey Head
42=Outside the Ghost Ship
43=Ghost Ship Brig
44=LeChuck's Room
45=Ghost Ship Crew Quaters
46=Ghost Ship Guard Rat
47=Ghost Ship Cargo Hold
48=Ghost Ship Deck
49=Herman Toothrot's "Home"
50=Alternate Dock
51=Mкlйe Island Overview
52=Mid-Western Monkey Island
53=Sea Monkey Cargo Hold
54=Sea Monkey Crew Quaters
55=Monkey Island Beach 2
56=Mкlйe Island Store
57=Mкlйe Island Lookout Point
58=Outside Captain Smirk's Big Body Pirate Gym
59=The Fettucini Brothers
60=Monkey's Jungle
61=Monkey Island and LEC Logo
62=Elaine and Guybrush
63=Church Altar
64=Scared Guybrush
65=The Sword Master
66=Captain Smirk
67=Church
68=Fat Pirate
69=Contact Lens Pirate
70=Loom Pirate
71=Sailing the Sea Monkey
72=Watching the Fireworks
73=Part Three: Under Monkey Island
74=Part Two: The Journey
75=Part One: The Three Trials
76=Last Part: Guybrush Kicks Butt
77=The Navagation Head
78=PTA Minutes
79=Map
80=Inventory Icons
81=Copy Protection
82=Black Screen
83=Mкlйe Island Paths

These arent all right though so, make your own list or sumt.
 Rapp Scallion
04-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Okay, think i understand now.

If I want to pick up an object, I don't know what number it is. Any way to find out?

And if bgbennyboy could explain how he ended up with the things you can see on the pictures, i'd be very happy.

What is the variable thingy?

I think this stuff it funny to do, I just want to understand some of the things i don't understand.

Well, funny that there is things in mi1 that is just discovered!
 bgbennyboy
04-25-2003, 11:45 AM
The screenshots were just playing around with skipping rooms.
 Drigo Zoxx
04-26-2003, 3:00 PM
Yep, the debugger works in Monkey 1 for Mac as well in the same manner. Just an important notice: when using Ctrl+G to skip rooms you can also type the room name as provided by the RNAM block in monkey.000. For example you can use 'dock' 'bar' and so on (works on PC version too, but on Mac version it also shows the name of the room you in, like: "In 'dock' to ").

Another interesting fact is that you can enable some sorta debugger in Indy3 typing 'IEHOVAH' on the title screen.
 Rapp Scallion
04-26-2003, 4:49 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Okay, i found out how to find object numbers in MI1, so you just can type in the number and the room, and you will get the object. BUT I HAVE STRUGGELED THE WHOLE DAY TRYING TO FIND OUT THE NUMBER TO THE BOTTLE WITH THE STUFF MADE FROM THE VOODOO ROOT THAT YOU GET FROM THE CANNIBALS. It seems that i can find any object i want to have, but the bottle (Not the one with beer, but with the voodoo stuff) is impossible to find.

Anyway, I found out something today on MI1. When you are at Monkey Island, with the monkey (bootparam 4444). Give all the banananas to the monkey, and change to room 35. The rat follows after you! Any reason why? This is much funnier when you are small. Go to monkey island map (room 2) and change to room 35.

I think I understand this stuff now. Thank you.

And bgbennyboy, since you are a super moderator, can you change my name from Rapp_Scallion to Rapp Scallion? The reason i changed to Rapp_Scallion was that it was possible to change, and i had to to get an avatar. So if you could change it back to Rapp Scallion it would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Rapp
 Tomas
04-26-2003, 6:58 PM
I can't seem to get the debug mode in Indy3 to work. Could you please give a more detailed description on how to enable it, Drigo?
 Drigo Zoxx
04-26-2003, 7:08 PM
Actually I've not succeeded either. But this thing is wrote all over the Web. Even thought, I'm starting to think it is refered to the Last Crusade Action game. I've done much tries typing "IEHOVA" in many different ways as suggested by the second trial in the game, but nothing (yet). Still, there must be a way to enable a debugger in Indy as well, since it is in maniac, zak and monkey 1.
 BooJaka
04-26-2003, 7:31 PM
Well if it works for them, presumably it will work for Loom too?
 Drigo Zoxx
04-26-2003, 7:46 PM
Of course it will. All we have to do is to find the 'magic word' for each and every game.
 ThunderPeel2001
04-26-2003, 9:34 PM
Actually I've not succeeded either. But this thing is wrote all over the Web. Even thought, I'm starting to think it is refered to the Last Crusade Action game. I've done much tries typing "IEHOVA" in many different ways as suggested by the second trial in the game, but nothing (yet).

That's the code you use to activate the level skip in the action game I'm afraid!

~ Johnny
 Drejj
04-28-2003, 3:41 PM
I remember waaay back when Indy 3 was shining new, a friend of mine used a command line option to get into a sound player thingy. It wasn't an "in game" player/debugger. You HAD to quit and restart indy3 to play.

That was Indy3 Ega/Cga. I had an hercules monitor w/Cga emu, so I couldn't play the Vga version (wich wasn't out there yet anyways), so I don't know if the player is in there too.
 Tomas
04-28-2003, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by Drejj
I remember waaay back when Indy 3 was shining new, a friend of mine used a command line option to get into a sound player thingy. It wasn't an "in game" player/debugger. You HAD to quit and restart indy3 to play.

That was Indy3 Ega/Cga. I had an hercules monitor w/Cga emu, so I couldn't play the Vga version (wich wasn't out there yet anyways), so I don't know if the player is in there too.

To get into the sound playing mode you start the game with 'S' as an argument. I.e. indy3.exe S. This only works with the CGA/EGA version I think.

You don't have to quit the game to get out of this mode though, just enter 0 where it asks which sound to play to start the game as normal.
 moebius
04-29-2003, 3:54 PM
All this stuff about debuggers in Scumm games is simply amazing! Why didn't anyone think that it would be useful to have a debugger or console into the engine? Sure the developers of Scumm thought the same thing, and probably every Scumm game out there ships some kinda "exotic" features like these :)
 Alien426
04-30-2003, 3:19 AM
I think there are actually a lot of games with debug modes built in. After all the developers and play testers have to have a way of skipping certain levels and test out the code. In id games there's always those "cheats" like god mode and no-clipping mode. They aren't there for lazy players to undermine the game, they were implemented to check for errors.
The difference between LucasArts titles and other games is that there are a lot of dedicated fans who dig into the program code and data, thereby finding such stuff.
 bgbennyboy
05-02-2003, 6:13 PM
Main post updated with debug codes for Loom, LoomCd, Last Crusade Ega, Last Crusade Vga, Monkey Island 2, Fate of Atlantis and Day of the Tentacle, found by an annoymous source.

Monkey Island 1 ega has debug functions in some of its scripts:
"." bypasses the copy protection.
"!" gives you 100 pieces of eight.
"@" forces Stan to sell you the boat.
"#" completes a trial.
"&" sends you to the finale with LeChuck.
"*" sends you to the end.
"(" beats the Sword Master.
Some key prints the machine speed as either 'Molasses machine', 'Street legal machine', or 'Trans-warp drive machine'.
Some key switches the control between 'Two button userface' and 'One button userface'.

Most of these functions are in script 4. No-one has found out how to activate them yet though.
 James Isaac
05-03-2003, 10:37 AM
There are also debugging modes in MI3 and Grim Fadnango.

You can download the patch here (http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/programs/debug.zip) (from LucasHacks). Or you can activate the Grim Fandango debugging mode yourself, read this (http://scummrev.mixnmojo.com/articles/inside.shtml) to find out how.

They are very good!
 Rapp Scallion
05-10-2003, 3:21 PM
Ahoy there, mateys. I have found some new functions to MI1 and MI2. I don't know if this function is in other games, but it's possible. Anyway, here is the new discovery:

(All the numbers is the numbers over the keyboard. The numpad won't work.)

After the debug mode code, press one of the buttons under.

MI1 (CD)
1 - Change character
2-6 - Couldn't find anything
7-8 - Change text color
9 - Couldn't find anything
0 - Couldn't find anything

MI2 (CD)
1 - Change character
2-6 - Pick up moves
7-8 - Change text color
9 - Couldn't find anything
0 - Look through all the rooms (I think. At least something like that happens)
 Weevil
05-23-2003, 6:58 AM
Hi,

"!a%ifyou*ve"
% = grapes/percent/mod
! = excl/not/bang/pling/shriek/exclam

Not A Grape If You Starve?
Claim A Grape If You Starve?

Who knows. Who cares?
 ThunderPeel2001
05-24-2003, 12:19 AM
I wonder if there's a hidden "win all fights" or "infinite energy in bi-plane" code in Indy 3. Some of the fights are really really tough...

That would be cool!

(Yes, I know about the 'suckerpunch' option in FoA!)

~ John
 ATMachine
05-25-2003, 9:48 PM
I was playing around in debug mode for Loom CD, and I discovered some interesting stuff.

Warp to Screen 01. There you'll find an alternate LucasArts logo.

For those who wondered where the close-up character portraits from the EGA version went, they're still buried on the CD in glorious 256 color. To find them, warp to the screens in the numbers 50 through 90. They're buried somewhere in there.

(Yes, all of this can be discovered using Scumm16, but this works just as well.)
 aubrianne_c
10-31-2003, 5:54 AM
The thing that facinates me is playing with the funky 'switch character' thing in MI1. I cracked up when I switched to the rat in the jail, then went around and talked to people. In MI2, something really weird happens when you try to switch to the Spitmaster, since he still keeps trying to move back and forth and yell. Then if you try and spit and the guy suddenly has multiple personalities. Very spiffy stuff!

Just wondering, how do people find the codes? do you just type random phrases until something happens?
 James Isaac
10-31-2003, 6:54 AM
I believe you can look through games and stuff with hex editors, and look for codes there.

But I might be wrong.
 Drigo Zoxx
11-02-2003, 4:13 PM
I once tried to look using hex editors, but I didn't manage anything. I believe there's another way to find codes -- disassembling, perhaps.

BTW, Rapp Scallion found some very nice tricks in Monkey 1 & 2 (but these doesn't works in other games). Changing character is very nice. Funny things happens... i.e. go to Phatt mansion in Monkey 2 and suddenly change your character to the guard near the stairs. Then *heheh* he'll be telling himself not to go upstairs, and will move away from the stairs, then he'll start asking questions and also answer them by his own self just like he's crazy.

Another funny thing is in Monkey 1... go to the lookup point and change character to the old lookout man. You can move him and play the whole game using the old man! There are some graphics glitches, but it's very fun; when you go to the Scumm bar and talk to the important looking pirates, one of them will tell the old man 'What do you want, boy' as if it were the young guybrush.. :)

Also, you can control quite well the little rat in the streets, and you can even open doors, talk to peoples, and I wonder what happens when you pick up a sword fight while you're playing the rat... :)
 ThunderPeel2001
11-02-2003, 8:32 PM
Lol! They decrunch the scripts back to their readable format and see what they do... You can see them yourself with ScummRev.

~ John
 Drigo Zoxx
11-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Oh, I can disassemble scripts using version 0.5 beta of my own program... :D
 ciacioz
11-13-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Drigo Zoxx
Oh, I can disassemble scripts using version 0.5 beta of my own program... :D

Wich program??? :)
 khalek
11-27-2003, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by ciacioz
Wich program??? :)

You could just use descumm in the scummvm-tools package like a normal person...
 Luke the Duke
12-29-2003, 7:31 PM
Do the codes work for the Mac versions of these games?
 bgbennyboy
12-29-2003, 7:47 PM
Yes :)
 Kirben
07-21-2004, 1:06 AM
Just found the debug mode for Full Throttle:
Code - matilda (For Mac. demo and full game)
Code - swordfish (For PC demo)
Activate key - Ctrl + D
Ctrl+E Set variable
Ctrl+F Fast mode
Ctrl+G Goto room
Ctrl+L Boot param

Also works in Curse of Monkey Island:
Code - matilda (Don't count the key pressed after level displayed)
Activate key - Ctrl + D
Ctrl - Hold to speed up the game
Shift+A - Choose a different actor.
Shift+F - Actor follows walk boxes
Shift+I - Actor ignores walk Boxes
F9 - Play low pickup animation.
F10 - Play high pickup animation.
Shift+B - Make actor face to the back.
F - Make actor face to the front.
7 - Decrease actor talk color.
8 - Increase actor talk color.
 Murray the Chao
07-22-2004, 6:02 PM
Great! Do you know the code for Sam & Max?
 Kirben
07-23-2004, 7:18 AM
Unfortunately the debug code word isn't set for Sam & Max or The Dig:
In Sam & Max it checks against the string of scumm var 111.
In The Dig it checks against the string of scumm var 89
But those scumm vars are never set to any strings by the boot scripts.

So there is no way to enable their debug modes without patching the exe file.
 Murray the Chao
07-23-2004, 6:35 PM
What was the debug code word for Sam & Max supposed to be?
Page: 1 of 2