Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA editing tools ETA???

Page: 1 of 1
 wedge2211
04-08-2003, 4:32 PM
All right mappers, this has to be asked...

When's Raven gonna release the JA editing tools? JA setup for GtkRadaint, SP SDK, etc... I want it!
 Andy867
04-08-2003, 4:51 PM
shouldn't we wait till the game is out to see how the new tweaked engine plays first... I mean, the game is only 60-65% done, so there is a lot of information on gameplay that we still dont know about...
 boinga1
04-08-2003, 5:13 PM
/\ I agree.
 -=DarkZero=-
04-08-2003, 9:12 PM
Hmm...Actually I prefer having the editing tools out now, with them I may be able to tweak up my cloud model, even knowing that models dont have much to do with the editing tools but meh,Im also working on balamb garden,So it would be amaznig to have the first week jk3 comes out right?
 wedge2211
04-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Naturally, I don't expect the tools to be out before the game...I'm just wondering, how much time do you think the game will be out before the editing tools are available?
 Andy867
04-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I'd give it a month, that way it gives people a chance to pick up the game, since it will probably fly off the shelves and then time to play with it... I just hope that there will be single player modding for levels and the alike.
 Hekx
04-08-2003, 10:36 PM
I just hope most of the JKII modellers convert their work into JA.
Most of the modellers have disappeared, so hopefully a team will assemble to get all the JK2 models into JA. :D
 Shadoer
04-09-2003, 1:24 AM
Well what would be awsome is if the editting tools came out with the actual game. Actually, it would be sweet too see a good map editor for single player campains included in JA.
 Khier
04-09-2003, 1:29 AM
Yeah, it seems to be a bit of a trend to release editing tools with the game, I think it's a great idea because they'll usually design it so that it's beginner friendly, and then work up to advanced editing.
 Andy867
04-09-2003, 2:30 AM
Well, the editing tools for Jedi Outcast weren't released until at least a month or so after the game had been out on the market. So, unless I am wrong, I wouldn't count on getting the tools right away.. especially since Raven will have to fine tune them for the beginner's who will never have used them before.
 master_thomas
04-09-2003, 7:26 AM
I hope it's not too late. I got a late start to mapping and have just released my first map to a major download site (massassi, but it's not up yet) and that's merely in beta. It took me a month to truly got the hang of it.
 Chandler
04-11-2003, 8:15 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
shouldn't we wait till the game is out to see how the new tweaked engine plays first... I mean, the game is only 60-65% done, so there is a lot of information on gameplay that we still dont know about...
That's fine for all you add-on types, but the mod teams would do better off having the tools as early as possible. We don't have to adhere to JA gameplay, so it doesn't really matter if it's not complete yet.
 CanadianSurfer
04-12-2003, 12:04 PM
They already said tools will be released early to help the modding community.
 master_thomas
04-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by CanadianSurfer
They already said tools will be released early to help the modding community.

Yay! :D
Page: 1 of 1