Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darkside, or the Lightside?

Page: 1 of 1
 Hekx
04-06-2003, 9:25 AM
Just another boring poll here, from me. :D

I was just browsing through the main site's game info, when I came across the following part:

Players will interact with famous classic Star Wars locations and characters while facing the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom in the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.It seems you can choose your allignment of the Force, similar to JK1. With that, I'll ask a boring poll about your decision to be good or evil.

I don't yet know how your allignment is 'tainted' by killing or harming civilians, or failing missions. But either way, your path can be altered by your choice. ;)
 Agen
04-06-2003, 9:30 AM
Dark baby, just like jk1 :)
 HertogJan
04-06-2003, 9:30 AM
For as far as I know (I think I've read it somehwere), you only move closer to the dark/light side by selecting either light or dark force powers...

And I'm unsure what to do. It will depend on the light force powers. If they can keep me busy, I'll be fighting for everything good in this world I guess :D
 Agen
04-06-2003, 9:34 AM
I admire Jan's amazing ability to regrow heads ;)
 HertogJan
04-06-2003, 9:52 AM
Er.... what?
 Hekx
04-06-2003, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Er.... what? Just what I was thinking. :D

I bet Jan won't appear much or at all in JK:JA. ;)
 SettingShadow
04-06-2003, 9:55 AM
Light. I dont need no stinking grip, lightning, ugly tattoed face :D (a bit of sarcasm there). A Lightsaber is all I demand.
 SithLord13
04-06-2003, 10:11 AM
DArkside I mean c'mon being evil is fun :D plus using rage and being skilled with a saber can be devasting :mauls: especially the duel saber will be
 SettingShadow
04-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by SithLord13
DArkside I mean c'mon being evil is fun :D plus using rage and being skilled with a saber can be devasting :mauls: especially the duel saber will be

the rage in JO had nothing to do with skill...
 SithLord13
04-06-2003, 2:12 PM
Originally posted by Squater
the rage in JO had nothing to do with skill...

True But Hey Still The Power of the Darkside Is still the best ;) even tho you Jedis have that stupid mind trick
 MuRaSaMuNe
04-06-2003, 2:20 PM
Dark side, die civilians! :naughty:
 t3rr0r
04-06-2003, 2:22 PM
most likely dark...
 Pnut_Man
04-06-2003, 2:30 PM
Dark side, I like shooting lightning from my finger tips :p
 boinga1
04-06-2003, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
I admire Jan's amazing ability to regrow heads ;)

In JK, if you go dark then you kill jan by bisecting her at the neck.
 Hekx
04-06-2003, 2:37 PM
Oh.. very nice..

Must.Get.That.Game. :indif:
 Taos
04-06-2003, 2:43 PM
I'm going to play through each side at least once....because hey, that's one of the sweet parts about this game - replayability. :)
 The_One
04-06-2003, 2:57 PM
What is everyone's un-natural obsession with polls?
 Taos
04-06-2003, 3:08 PM
I know.....that's the first thing I said when I looked at the board this morning.
 HertogJan
04-06-2003, 3:24 PM
Hey polls are great, can't get enough of them :) I guess I just can't resist those round thingies that you can click :D w00ptyd00!
 Jedi Apprentice
04-06-2003, 3:49 PM
Like all games with options I will play both sides. Most likely more than once.

But, since I am a goody-goody I will play the light side first. :)
 Wacky_Baccy
04-06-2003, 4:06 PM
I always lean towards playing Lightside, and I'm sure I'll do that first, but I might give the Darkside a go too.... If there are plenty of civvies to fry with lightning, of course :dev11: :D
 Silent_Thunder
04-06-2003, 4:14 PM
What about an option for those that are going to play through BOTH ways? Atleast that's what I'm going to do.

(also, remember that, when asked "what happens if you mixed force powers together?" the devs replied saying that they can't talk about that yet -- maybe we'll get 3 endings? possibly?)

But I'm going to play the game as a light jedi first, so I guess I'll vote Light.
 Lanceo9
04-06-2003, 4:44 PM
HAHAHHA! i will be dark... and kill every one! mwahahhahahahaha! the i'll be boring old light and save everyones but because they wont be able to do it thenselves like in jk2... :-/
 Tesla
04-06-2003, 9:25 PM
DARK SIDE and one simple reason Force Lightning ;)
 Rad Blackrose
04-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Two words: Force absorb.

So that makes me a light sider. Death by saber, not by gimpy force.
 legameboy
04-06-2003, 10:31 PM
LIGHT SIDE: Mind Trick, Heal, and Absorb BABY!
DARK SIDE: Grip and Lightning DUDE!
 Lianiotte
04-07-2003, 12:39 AM
If possible, I'm going to create more than one character and do both dark AND light.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:confused:
 HertogJan
04-07-2003, 4:34 AM
I hope they don't have MP only forces, except maybe team heal and team energize... Force absorb could be handy in SP, against dark jedi :)

I think I'm going to play as a darksider first, then as a lightsider, and then as a ьberguy (uses both dark and light forces), and then I'm going to play with cheats, as the ьberьberjedi :D
 leXX
04-07-2003, 4:42 AM
I'm unsure atm. I'll probably go light first then dark.
 HaruGlory89
04-07-2003, 9:30 AM
Light side for me. I don't pretty much like the dark side. The only good thing about the dark side is the Force Grip attack;) Look at the light side powers. Heal is damn useful. So is mind trick. Maybe they'll add the good protection and absorb. I'm more of the defensive player so the light side for me. Offensive players should take the dark side.
 Pedro The Hutt
04-07-2003, 9:41 AM
The light side, never used anything else since JK.
 lassev
04-07-2003, 10:23 AM
(also, remember that, when asked "what happens if you mixed force powers together?" the devs replied saying that they can't talk about that yet -- maybe we'll get 3 endings? possibly?)

I guess you'll get JO Kyle as your master...
 Lianiotte
04-07-2003, 10:51 AM
When they say mixed Force powers they're talking about combining two powers.
 Pad
04-07-2003, 12:01 PM
"light"

good guys always get the girl ;)
 AlzWisHum
04-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Padanime
"light"

good guys always get the girl ;)

But remember, it is the bad boys they're after...

Unfortunately, on that score I am light also... :rolleyes:
 lonepadawan
04-07-2003, 12:18 PM
what would be neat if instead of having 1 "turning point" you could have several chances to change sides. For example if you go to the darkside a boss you fight could be Kyle. He could attempt to tempt you back to the light. If you go light some dark jedi might try to turn you to the dark side.
 Ben_Walker
04-10-2003, 1:53 AM
I imagined that the choocie to the Light or the Dark would start to be decided as early as building the lightsaber, like you make a double bladed lightsaber you have a higher chance of turning Dark since it's originally a Sith weapon:smilsab. But more to the point, Light for me.

God I hope they stick Boba Fett in this game.
Remember he survived the Sarlacc. Or it didn't survive him.
 HBK
04-10-2003, 2:04 AM
Based on the results I can see that I am not alone in knowing Lightside is THE side. That is to say, THE side in MP.
SP? Well, I'll play both, but Darkside probably first.
 Sam
04-10-2003, 2:42 AM
I'm not sure yet but I was thinking light then dark.
 Galvocca
04-10-2003, 6:48 AM
just like i did in JK1 first i will be enlightened and fight for good and be on the light side of the force then ill play the game again and destroy everything that looks at me
 Prime
04-10-2003, 12:55 PM
I'll probably play on the lightside, like a good jedi should.

I'll save turning to the Darkside for real life :)
 Doctor Shaft
04-10-2003, 3:57 PM
Well, the only thing I hope DOESN'T happen is some kind of hokey ending where i'm using dark side powers, but i'm not on the dark side.

That's what really ticked me off about JO. Kyle Katarn, a good guy, blasting everyone to bits with a power that has been associated with pure hatred and dark side discipline, is still... the good guy.

I despise ANY story based on the Star Wars universe that says that dark jedi all turn back. "my character is gonna turn back". Even Anakin Skywalker doesn't really 'turn back' until he's spent the next 30 odd years of his life crushing the galaxy under his grip, then crushing and nearly killing his son, and then finally deciding that the emperor ticks him off. If the Emperor hadn't tortured Luke, what do you think would have happened? The mere suggestion that the dark side is just a 'state of mind' or something that can be controlled, is ridiculous, and it makes the whole Star Wars myth seem dull. I guess Yoda, 800+ years of experience, was just another dumb Jedi, who didn't know ANYTHING about the dark side. Of course everyone can be wishy washy. That's why I didn't even bother with the JO single player... it was just plain silly to me. I know I could have refrained from using dark powers, but I just didn't care.

So, after my long rant, let me just say that I will play the dark side. When I played JK, i didn't stray because I thought the dark powers were kind of useless for the kind of combat i wanted. I mean, do I really need super powers to take out one measley trooper? Especially when I can block all of their shots and rip their guns away. Not worth the time, might as well run past them. But now, the light side bores me, so I'm going to go dark side, so long as JA doesn't give me some fanfiction junk that says I'm a good guy who learned how to harness the dark side without going nuts. Hogwash I say!!!:mad:
 Smood
04-10-2003, 6:42 PM
I'm extremely tempted to call you a moron SHAFT but I won't since the moderators have their eyes on me.

Anyhow, how can you say yoda is another dumb jedi. I do not understand your words. Lucas has crafted the story in such a way to parallel real life. Of course the dark side is a state of mind. It is a state attained when you loose discipline, loose control. Anakin's mom was murdered, this is a prime example of a catalyst that can spark this loss of control, and pleasure in the pain of others, this cross to the dark side.

Shaft you have no idea what you are talking about.
 Doctor Shaft
04-10-2003, 7:24 PM
Wow, Smood, I'm shocked.

Firstly, the Yoda comment was sarcasm. I was saying that if the dark side was simply a "state of mind", and force lightning etc. is just something we all need to learn how to control and be peaceful with, then Yoda must be an idiot. That would mean that every comment he ever made regarding the dark side was false. That means the dark side isn't so dangerous if you're able to kill everyone with it and maintain your peaceful nature.

Secondly, there's no way that the Dark side, according to Lucas' vision, is simply a "state of mind", something that's just made up to identify crazy people. It goes much farther than that, much deeper than that. Otherwise, Darth Vader is just a robotic crybaby, and if he had a good pyschiatrist, none of this would happen. Perhaps I wasn't too clear on what I meant by state of mind. How about I just say that recently, the novels and such have simply portrayed the dark side as some kind of emotional temper tantrum that we can all just 'get over'. Of course, the movies demonstrate anything but this idea. Hence my comment about Yoda; if the dark side is really just some kind of fad that the characters can easily relinquish themselves from, then any words of warning from Yoda are really shallow. This is also why I did not appreciate Jedi Outcast. It was so filled to the brim with Expanded Universe ideas it made me sick. It was dark side as tool. Jedi Knight had it right. Once Kyle turned, that was it. He couldn't go back. He was controlled by his emotions. But then we get some hogwash where we can all control powers that require hatred. Hogwash. I don't see where Star Wars ever suggest that.
 CanadianSurfer
04-10-2003, 8:12 PM
Light.
 davies2750
04-12-2003, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Squater
Light. I dont need no stinking grip, lightning, ugly tattoed face :D (a bit of sarcasm there). A Lightsaber is all I demand.
i agree thats what being a true jedis all about. in the words of count ducu himself "the only way to settle this is with our skills witha a lightsaber"
 MattJedi
04-12-2003, 9:45 PM
I just hope there are a lot of force powers to choose from, and one of them being force throw!!
 boinga1
04-12-2003, 10:35 PM
I'll go light, then run through dark just to see what happens....did I already post this here?
 Blademaster_109
04-12-2003, 11:55 PM
I only have 4 word for u- look at my signature
Page: 1 of 1