Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I suggest a new strategy, Artoo. Let the Wookiee win.

Page: 1 of 1
 Emon
04-06-2003, 3:17 AM
Dejarik holochess board!

Tomorrow I shall add animation to the scanlines for a better effect, and a button that toggles through various games, including an off position.

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10611.jpg)
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10612.jpg)
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10613.jpg)
 Khier
04-06-2003, 5:09 AM
Whoa it looks cool, even though I'm not sure of how it works :)
 Altus_Thrawn
04-06-2003, 8:02 AM
That looks excellent. I have one thing-aren't the people you control monsters, not soldiers?
And the buttons sound awsome.
 boinga1
04-06-2003, 9:05 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that's funny! Even if it is really cool. It is going to be miniaturized, no?
 Eldritch
04-06-2003, 11:10 AM
I think that is miniaturized. It looks great, Emon - bet it looks even better in motion.
 Emon
04-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Unfortunatly, there are no monsters, because I don't think it's worth it for me to model and skin a bunch of little monsters. If anyone knows of some monster models (any format) that will work I could convert them and use them. Or if someone has the time to make them and skin them, but I doubt that. :)

It already is miniturized. Each model is the lowest LOD of it's GLM to cut down on unneeded polygons.

Unfortunatly, they don't move. I originally sprang for actual NPCs scaled down, but it caused lots of problems such as: Wouldn't collide properly when so small, had huge muzzle flash and blaster shots for something so small, made a lot of noise, couldn't get them to stay inside a little box of physicsclip without ending up on top of the clip box or inside the table.
 .:Solusar:.
04-06-2003, 12:43 PM
OMG.. :eek:
That looks so cool. Looks excellent. I can't wait to play on it.. Im looking forward to it.:D :D :D
 Emon
04-06-2003, 12:59 PM
You don't play on it, it's decoration.
 Hekx
04-06-2003, 3:57 PM
Very very nice. :D

When I read the thread name, I had a feeling you'd made a female wookiee or even a 7 foot R2D2 trash can player model! :p
 ronbrothers
04-06-2003, 9:26 PM
I like this a lot! It's definately an idea that has not been presented here before. And it looks great.

What I've always wanted to see is the interior of the Falcon. I know it wouldn't be very functional as a MP map, but perhaps it could be a part of a docking bay map.

And your chess board would be perfect for it.
 wedge2211
04-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Cooool.

I don't think finding monster models would be ALL that hard...I mean, there must be Noghri or Bothans or other things out there, I know there's a Jabba and a Gamorrean, and hey, there's always Desann. It would be coom if they went through some pattern of movement, but it's just as neat if they sit there doing their idle anims. Awesome work!
 Kain
04-06-2003, 11:37 PM
That is quite possibly...the coolest...thing I've seen made for this game...
 Emon
04-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys.

There's a dude over at Massassi making an incredibly detailed, interior and exterior, Millennium Falcon prefab. I'll ask him if he wants to use this. You guys should check it out, it's pretty amazing, and it's still in progress.
 Ronin_Medjai
04-07-2003, 8:56 AM
There was a cool Monster-type model on Jediknightii.net under the Models Section I think it was called Kronar or something check it out its a cool model.....too bad I havent seen much skins of it.
Page: 1 of 1