Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Vegito from DBZ

Page: 1 of 4
 Rebel_Spy
04-04-2003, 1:07 PM
This work in progress is more like a "convertion in progress". The original mesh was made for NeD, a regular poster on the Bid for Power forums. The whole convertion idea was Seph's.

If you don't know how is Vegito, well Vegito is the fusion between Vegita and Goku (Kakaroto: Goku's saiyan name) using the ear-rings of the supreme Kai.

My rol here is just make sure that the model will be released in JK2. I do this because DBZ was one of my favorite Anime Series and it will be fun...

----- Status -------

- Yesterday, I get a little free time for studying the NeD mesh. I'll reconfigure the orientation of arms and legs, and other stuff. I hope that the original uvw mapping don't get mess up.

- Tonight I'm going to work on the hands and arms.

- Nothink more to say, here...the first snapshots!!!!.....

http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_01.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_02.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_03.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_04.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_05.txt)

The model still need some work on the convertion, so this is only the start point. The mesh is very good, NeD if you are reading this thanx again for give me your permit fot this convertion, dude!
 Rebel_Spy
04-04-2003, 1:22 PM
Those are rendered pics originally posted by NeD on BFP Forums:

http://www.ned-art.com/vegetto1.jpg)
http://www.ned-art.com/vegetto2.jpg)
http://www.ned-art.com/ssjvegetto.jpg)

And the original thread on BFP:
http://www.planetquake.com/bidforpower/)

and the browse until you reach:
Official Bid For Power Forums > Bid For Power Discussion > Editing Forum > Vegetto released
 Psyk0Sith
04-04-2003, 1:32 PM
I'm not a DBZ fan, but that looks fantastic!
 Rebel_Spy
04-04-2003, 1:35 PM
well I'm a former fan, but I saw those pics and WOW I think that model will be add some fun to jk2...
 Pnut_Man
04-04-2003, 6:28 PM
If you can get that Skin from the render onto the jk2 model...Damn....

The SSJ version will defaintely need shaders for the glowy hair!
 The Count
04-04-2003, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
If you can get that Skin from the render onto the jk2 model...Damn....

The SSJ version will defaintely need shaders for the glowy hair!

its spelt definitely. (Sorry got to be done.)
 Rebel_Spy
04-04-2003, 7:17 PM
I'm gonna call it a day, I will work on the hands a little tonight, tomorrow I will post something about it.
 Crowy
04-04-2003, 7:35 PM
holy f***ing ****.... this model is gunna make alot of dbz fans happy... i was one like... 3 or 4 years ago... but i aint now... id still definently download this
 Kain
04-04-2003, 8:31 PM
Aw, man! Here some fun models!!
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95599)
*cheap pop; C'mon. These would be cool in JKII*
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
04-04-2003, 9:10 PM
heh i love DBZ =) this model looks awsome man
:thumbsup: will look nice in Jk2 =)

Ne0|eD3N:sheepdanc
 Altus_Thrawn
04-04-2003, 10:13 PM
The model looks excellent, I never did like DBZ, but I just can't say no to a good looking model of any type.
 Kain
04-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Can you only convert, or do you model too? Cuz if you do model, check my post above...hehehe...
 -=DarkZero=-
04-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Can't wait till the model comes out!hopfully you can reply to my requests :D
 RaSiN_HeCk
04-05-2003, 3:51 AM
looks nice, I liked DBZ before the story got stupid (Ending half of Frieza Saga and from then on fourth it sucked).

when do you think this model will be finished?
 Crowy
04-05-2003, 6:24 AM
hes actually working on a quinlan vos model... and a few other tihngs... by the time he gets round to half of them jk3 will be out!!! after all these models dont jsut happen...
 ronbrothers
04-05-2003, 8:14 AM
I agree. I don't like DBZ at all, but this model is outstanding.
 Rebel_Spy
04-05-2003, 8:57 AM
yeah, I was a DBZ fan. But the history get kinda stupid with DBGT.

Thanks you guys for the support, the mesh is outstanding thanks to NeD.

RaSiN_HeCk, this model has high priority on my modeling queue. It get finished as soon as I can. I will get too much free time to work on my models and Vegito after April 9th (that's the last day to submit my thesis to graduate school)

Mobius Berreta, what are those requests dude, I can remember them, sorry

MydnightPsion, yes I can modeling I have some wip here at lucasforums
 -=DarkZero=-
04-05-2003, 8:59 PM
Well I've been working on cloud from KH,and Im almost done the head but I am having trouble with the face mask at the bottom so one of my requests would be to get permission from the guy who made the cloud model on q3,to convert to jk2.
That's just about the only one I have,and oh,DBGT wasn't created by the origanal creater of dbz and db,so of course it was going to suck :P
 Seph
04-06-2003, 3:28 AM
this is realy realy close to perfect!! bid for power looks fun.... but awsome job so far!!!!!
 .:Solusar:.
04-06-2003, 1:09 PM
WOW nice dbz character..
Looks good.. very good. how many models r u doing at a time?
lol ok, well anyway good luck making him:D
 Seph
04-06-2003, 2:47 PM
do you have a release date? and here come the 100 points for your work.
 SkiTzoGuy
04-07-2003, 1:09 AM
Wow thats one of the best DBZ characters i have seen in a long time..(cuz most of them are skins) heh.. Well anyway i wish you the best of luck in Creating this model and the others you are already doing.:D
 -Chrono_MOT-
04-07-2003, 12:49 PM
1.) That model is for ESF, not Bid For Power

2.) I already was having someone convert it to jk2, but whatever

3.) I don't have a 3.
 Rebel_Spy
04-07-2003, 7:08 PM
(1). I never say that the model was for Bid for Power. I say that I found the model on the Bid for Power "Forum".

(2). Good.

(3). me neither, lol. j/k

----- Status -------

- Still busy with college, but I get the skin files from NeD and the uvw map is working just fine

- Right now, working on the hands...

- Next step: segmentation & caps.

- The Lastest snapshots!!!!.....

http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_06.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_07.txt)
http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_08.txt)
 Tesla
04-07-2003, 7:12 PM
I personally hate Dragonball Z but that looks pretty damn good :D well done ;)
 Seph
04-07-2003, 8:37 PM
shweet. 100 points well spent:D :D :D
 Tesla
04-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Again great job !!:)
 -=DarkZero=-
04-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Omfg, thats coming along amazingly!
Great job dawg.!
 ninja
04-08-2003, 1:19 AM
oh my god i'm jumping for joy. dude you rock!!!
 NeD-[3d]
04-08-2003, 3:52 AM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
1.) That model is for ESF, not Bid For Power

2.) I already was having someone convert it to jk2, but whatever

Since when were you going to convert the model for jk2? You (or your friend) never asked me for permision to do that.

Also the model was NOT for ESF. I released the model on several dbz mod sites as a learning tool. For people to reference modelling, or to practice skinning and animating on. It did say that in the model readme.

Anyways, nice job on converting the model so far. One question though. Why is the belt texture mirrored? I know the original wasn't. Is it something you needed to do for jk2?

Oh, and maybe i forgot to mention, but the model needs to be welded back together (it was un-welded when i exported the 3ds). That way those lines running down the side of the model will go away.

Good work so far ;)
 Shotokan
04-08-2003, 4:36 AM
wow... just wow... i havnt seen any gud dbz models come out yet an i think you'll be the first. please dont let this one die hehe... i forgot wat else i was gonna say now... to busy revelling on how gud this is.. ok well i wish you all the gud fortune in the world. bye
 Rebel_Spy
04-08-2003, 2:40 PM
NeD, good to see you here. Guys, NeD is the author of this outstanding Vegetto model, congrats to him!.

About the belt, my mistake Ned, I reoriented the left leg and mirrored the right leg, I just have to re-uvwmap that part.

Yeah, I'm aware of the unwelded sections, I work on that tonight.

NeD, about the segmentation I has to divide your original mesh on a few subobjects:
r_arm, l_arm, r_hand, l_hand, hips, torso, head, head_face, torso_r_sh, torso_l_sh, r_leg, l_leg, hips_belt, r_hand_wri, and l_hand_wri.

Those subobjects are intented for setting the model to allow desmembering on the game. The caps are subobjects between the subojects mentioned above. Next think, I will do is reoriented the finger in order to fit the bones of the default jk2 skeleton.

----- Status -------

- I finished making the segmentation for jk2 and uvw-map the caps. I need to re-uvw mapping some parts of the body, because I was welding and tweaking vertex around and the mapping may screw up...but not too much, so don't worry.

http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/vegetto_wip_09.txt)
 ninja
04-08-2003, 6:08 PM
this is comming out great. can u give a percentage on how finished the model is if u could.
 Rebel_Spy
04-08-2003, 7:18 PM
well, I need to perform some reorientation on the hands, weld together some thinks, and check the uvw mapping. I can say that there is a 70% complete, if I get more time off this model could be out soon enough.
 Tesla
04-08-2003, 8:13 PM
some very good detail to the face well done ;)
 Seph
04-08-2003, 8:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: i'm speechless
 Phizzle
04-08-2003, 8:35 PM
NeD said you cannot release it without his permission.
 -=DarkZero=-
04-08-2003, 9:22 PM
Originally posted by NeD-[3d]
Since when were you going to convert the model for jk2? You (or your friend) never asked me for permision to do that.

Also the model was NOT for ESF. I released the model on several dbz mod sites as a learning tool. For people to reference modelling, or to practice skinning and animating on. It did say that in the model readme.

Anyways, nice job on converting the model so far. One question though. Why is the belt texture mirrored? I know the original wasn't. Is it something you needed to do for jk2?

Oh, and maybe i forgot to mention, but the model needs to be welded back together (it was un-welded when i exported the 3ds). That way those lines running down the side of the model will go away.

Good work so far ;)
First of all,I'd like to welcome to origanal modeler to the forums as well as rebel did :P
Welcome bud!
NeD said you cannot release it without his permission. He already has permission >.>
And third,Good job rebel!
 ninja
04-08-2003, 9:48 PM
70% is better than average you go man :)
 Phizzle
04-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Mobius Berreta.
He already has permission >.>

Where? I don't see NeD saying he can??
 NeD-[3d]
04-09-2003, 12:07 AM
No, no, rebel has my permission. The other guy Chrono who said he was getting someone else to convert the model is the one who i didn't kow about (he never asked me ;P )
04-09-2003, 3:54 AM
I looked at the screenshots and i just looked in awe :eek:
I was so impressed with all the bright colors and perfect details. it looks so perfect! IS this model almost done? or does it need more finishing touches on it?. Are you doing any other models besides this one? Im pretty sure you are but im not sure which ones at the moment :p anyway best of luck to you and your model.
 SSJ2 Vegetto
04-09-2003, 3:21 PM
Just wondering about something your also gonna Skin his hair so theres an SSJ right.
 Phizzle
04-09-2003, 4:12 PM
Oh ok NeD, I was worried he was doing something like that Brollman guy at the ESF forum.
 -=DarkZero=-
04-09-2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
I looked at the screenshots and i just looked in awe :eek:
I was so impressed with all the bright colors and perfect details. it looks so perfect! IS this model almost done? or does it need more finishing touches on it?. Are you doing any other models besides this one? Im pretty sure you are but im not sure which ones at the moment :p anyway best of luck to you and your model.
Lol it's NeD's model, rebel's just converting it,and I think adding new skins?
But t'is an exalent model none the less.
 Rebel_Spy
04-09-2003, 4:39 PM
I'll never showcase something and don't released to the community. Also, in this case, the mesh is not my original work, is NeD's, and I'll ask him for permit before of doing anything.

SSJ2 Vegetto, that's positive, the ssj2 skin is already made by NeD. I think that it will suit you well judging for your screen-name!...

CyBerNetiX, yes indeed, I have some other model on the works: Quinlan, Barriss Offee, Luke on Stormtropper suit(on hold right now), Tholme (early stage of development, nothing to show), and some other things).

About the mesh, the mesh is final, NeD perform a great work doing it!
 RaSiN_HeCk
04-09-2003, 10:56 PM
hey, isn't his belt orange or black? or maybe it's just dark blue and I'm color bind ; P

think you'll do a battle damaged version? that'd be cool, but Vegitto never really got hit much
04-09-2003, 11:25 PM
hmm.. I dont' think vegito had a belt. or if he did it wasn't very noticeable to me anyway. but i don't remember a belt. :confused:
If there is a belt on vegito, that would also look good with him wearing it on the model.
:D
 RaSiN_HeCk
04-11-2003, 1:44 AM
I just got dune looking at the pictures I had on mY PC and I saw orange and blue belts, so i'll just stay out of this ; P
04-11-2003, 1:48 AM
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
I just got dune looking at the pictures I had on mY PC and I saw orange and blue belts, so i'll just stay out of this ; P

O ok thats cool i wasn't sure if Vegito had a belt i was just assuming he didn't. Well i don't really watch the series anymore so i guess i forgot, o well. Thanks for the info RaSin_Heck
Page: 1 of 4