Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2 WIP's - Anakin Solo & Nom Anor

Page: 1 of 1
 jp-30
03-17-2003, 5:23 PM
Hi all,

Thought I should show what I'm working on presently.

An Anakin Solo (I know there's another one out there (Bleek)) but this is my take. ;)

http://www.breathe.co.nz/faceanakinsolo1.jpg)
http://www.breathe.co.nz/faceanakinsolo2.jpg)

It's based on General Clod's Han Solo, and I'd imagine a 0.85 scale in jedimod would be appropriate. I still need to work on the clothes & the team colours.

Also another skin I've just started working on; Nom Anor from the NJO. The following is just a quick mockup to present to the model author (Eric Landreneau / Royal Guard) for an idea of what I want to do with it, in the hope I get permission to reskin it. The following image of Nom Anor is a 30 minute slap together job to show the author of the model my "intentions" in order to help get permission to reskin.

Once permission is given I will redo all the textures properly.

http://www.hansen.net.nz/skins/nomanor-wip.jpg)

Eric Landreneau, check your email. ;)

Other projects include a couple of female skins, but I'm waiting for DAK's "all purpose Female model" to be released before I can slap my textures on something to showcase.

EDIT: Chopped Anakin image so as to avoid horizontal scrolling.
 Pnut_Man
03-17-2003, 5:27 PM
jp-30, the dude that made theforce.net skinning tutorial which got me into jk2 editing :)

That's an excellent anakin solo skin and I can already tell how many advantages the Han Solo model has compared to the Chiss model.

I'll wait for Bleek to reply to this until I say anything else.
 jp-30
03-17-2003, 5:34 PM
> jp-30, the dude that made theforce.net skinning tutorial which got me into jk2 editing

:) // bows //

my skinning tutorial (http://www.theforce.net/games/jo/skinning.shtml)

Actually, I think I'm going to do a supplimental section on using shaders to create transparencies on textures. That's how the Nom Anor has half the Royal Guard's cloak missing. Look for that in the next fortnight.

> That's an excellent anakin solo skin and I can already tell how many advantages the Han Solo model has compared to the Chiss model.

Thanks. I made the face by blending a photo of Harrison Ford with a photo of Carrie Fisher. Some features are more from one than the other (eg. Fisher's lips), then using that as a guide to overpaint. But yeah - Gen. Clod's amazing Han Solo skin has to take the bulk of the credit. Doesn't young Ani look like his Dad. ;)
 Eldritch
03-17-2003, 7:57 PM
Nice looking skinning job. I'm not a fan of EU but the skins look very clean and polished (even the 30 minute slap together job).

On a side note, wouldn't you have been better off putting this in the Skinning Showcase? The mods will probably move it there anyway...
 jp-30
03-17-2003, 8:01 PM
Yeah - I've reposted this in the Skinning forum.

I'm a little confused as to what's considered "on-topic" in this general "Showcase forum". The only clue I get is the forum description Post those *shameless self promotion* posts with your bright new and sparky creations!

If a mod locks this one up, that's fine by me.
 Eldritch
03-17-2003, 11:07 PM
I think the general showcase is for anything that doesn't fall into the Modeling, Mapping, or Skinning categories.
 DarkLord60
03-18-2003, 9:15 PM
lookin good.
 mace_sundancer
03-22-2003, 2:36 PM
that nom anor is amazingly cool... anakin is also most impressive...
 jp-30
03-22-2003, 4:23 PM
Well, I got permission to continue with Nom Anor, so I'll be rebuilding the textures soon, and getting the cloak more accurate. :)
 Hekx
03-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Nice work. :thumbsup:

The Nom Anor skin looks excellent. :)
 jp-30
04-05-2003, 4:35 AM
I've just updated my Nom Anor / Anakin Solo thread in the skinning section with final Anakin screenshots. He's a day or so away from release, just some bot tweaking to go.

Here's the thread;

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1097263#post1097263)
 Shotokan
04-08-2003, 4:28 AM
O... M..... G!!!!!!!! that totally rocks dude! i think that resemblence to han solo really does the anakin justice. an the nom anor one is jes sweet!!!!!! keep it up!! i cant wait
 .:Solusar:.
04-11-2003, 2:02 AM
Thats good that you have permission to do the nom Amor guy, i was hoping that you could cause you already did most of him.:p
Anyway this skin or model watever it is looks pretty good, i can't wait for it to come out in games. Well good luck and GOOD JOB!
 Shotokan
04-11-2003, 3:30 AM
man nom anor rocks. i cant wait till ur done
 .:Solusar:.
04-11-2003, 3:40 AM
Originally posted by Shotokan
man nom anor rocks. i cant wait till ur done

I completely agree with you =P
o Btw nice Green Glowy name ;)
 Shotokan
04-12-2003, 2:10 PM
lol thanks.
 -=ReApEr=-
04-16-2003, 4:51 AM
Looking good defintley the second skin very evil :)
 Shotokan
04-23-2003, 5:28 AM
So... When you planning on finishing Nom Anor?
 jp-30
04-23-2003, 8:08 AM
In the next month, I guess, depending on when the Leela Jedi model gets released (cause when it does, some on-hold projects will be resurrected to the detriment of everything else). :D
Page: 1 of 1