Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ForceMod 2.0 - Dual Pistol screenshots

Page: 2 of 5
 Zippo85
02-25-2003, 1:28 PM
Ive got a great idea i think.
If it is possibul to make the falling damage on the merchs larger so they would be more reliabul on their jetpacks.
this would also fade out some of the balance issues, that 2.0 seems to have.
If it is about twice the size of the original you are on the right path i think

Just a thought....:fett:
 t3rr0r
02-25-2003, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by mort!!!
All the flame anims form Return to Castle Wolfenstein are worth extracting for force mod 2. They have no gore code. You should contact T3rr0r about that. i think he even has that game judging by his last avatar.
yeah i could scrounge up those sprites if needed. :)

http://clan-cd.tripod.com/flamethrower.zip) has the flamethrower.shader and the images that the shader calls for.
 Azymn
02-25-2003, 5:55 PM
Thanks for the flamethrower shader link, t3rr0r.

We'll see what the verdict is after the beta on whether people would prefer different flamethrower fx. Bandwidth and processing is an issue: the new flamethrower i've just implemented looks different than the one on the forcemod2 website. After starting a large FFA game, the fx were so thick it wouldn't even show up.
 wedge2211
02-25-2003, 7:23 PM
How about a stun setting for the blasters? It could slow down the hit player a little, or make the view go all funky like getting hit by an interrogator droid in SP Outcast, or just act like force push and knock players down. I think a stun setting would be cool. Although, I don't know whether it should be for mercs only or for any player with a blaster.
 t3rr0r
02-25-2003, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
How about a stun setting for the blasters? It could slow down the hit player a little, or make the view go all funky like getting hit by an interrogator droid in SP Outcast, or just act like force push and knock players down. I think a stun setting would be cool. Although, I don't know whether it should be for mercs only or for any player with a blaster.
it could make the person black out (and slowly be able to see clearly again)... like a flash grenade, only with blackness instead of whiteness.
 mariners2001
02-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Great job! The absolute best mod so far. Soon, there won't be any need for an expansion.

Here are the bugs I found:
* couldn't add certain bots and crashed the game (custom ones)
* game crashed when second pistol was taken out (pistol worked fine at first)
* Level 4 Lightning and the flamethrower last about 1 second at most. The time should be lengthened IMO
* all of the models are shown now!!! great job! however, all the maps cannot be seen. is this fixable?
* dual jetpack thrusters are a bit too low
* grapple model is missing
* grapple cord comes out of foot. is there a possibility for it to come out of it's arm/hand or something?
* grapple cord is yellow
* i am not able to move when sniping even when cvar is turned on
* when second blade color is disabled and you turn on dual blades the colors overlap...very strange

Again, very nice job! First time I've played JK2 in a while. I think this got me hooked again! Thanks!

Rob (mariners2001)
 deXtoRious
02-26-2003, 5:21 PM
I've been wondering: is it possible only to change existing force powers or can you actually add your own?

Please, release this wonderful mod sooner and make Jedi/Sith more powerful! I just can't wait for it. Any chance of at least a public beta or something?
 mort!!!
02-27-2003, 8:49 AM
Well Azymn, it seems like you've got your hands full, but could you post some flamethrower pics?
 Orbitдl
02-27-2003, 5:51 PM
I was thinking about something you can add to this mod, if you haven't already.

For the Force users out there, maybe add a feature where you can use force push on the ground (when falling) to slow ur fall rate.

What do you think?
 Lord X
02-27-2003, 7:35 PM
I agree with orbital that would a nice feature to help you not lose as much health when you fall. So that this doesnt happen when you land...:zamn1:
 Azymn
02-27-2003, 11:40 PM
deXtoRious - It's on its way, but no public beta....i've got a lot of bugs to sort out first. :)

mort!!! - One of the testers has posted some on a website....ihe's redoing it right now but i'm sure he'll have some screenies.

Orbitдl & Lord X - Not a bad idea...i'll put it on my list of prospective additions.
 bliv
02-28-2003, 2:35 AM
If you want any screens I'll take a few tonight 8:00pm GMT. You can e-mail me @ shay_invincible_given@hotmail.com

That is assuming that I'm allowed to show screens of the beta.
 Azymn
02-28-2003, 2:38 AM
By all means, go ahead. :)
Kartikay had some posted on a website, but i lost the think to it.
 Sarafan Raziel
02-28-2003, 8:35 AM
In your new forcemod I'd like to have some features that influence SP also. Or if you change the combat style in MP so that is more SP like, it'll very nice of you.
 bliv
02-28-2003, 11:16 AM
The difference between MP and SP saber combat is that the bots in SP want to attack. In MP they simulate real people in the way they don't always go head on after you. It's what makes the difference.
 12thMonkey
02-28-2003, 2:51 PM
Please say you'll implement model scaling like in JediMod, I couldn't bear setting fire to a 6-foot Yoda rather than a 3-foot one with that sweet flamethrower :D
 bliv
02-28-2003, 4:04 PM
The scaling mod was in the first version of ForceMod and is in the beta so it is definately in the full version of ForceMod 2.0. Tchouky's saber colour code is also in there.
 Sarafan Raziel
02-28-2003, 4:44 PM
I know that in MP bots are trieing to be more human like, but everything there is different. I got killed by a very weak hit with the saber. I really don't the way these bot progres... I'd like them to be more SP like, that's why I asked about it. In addition SP has some interesting features like POSSESSION ABILITY, and other saber styles, also forces are more superior there. Making forcemod which infuence both SP and MP would be ... amazing, brilliant, outstanding :D ;)
 Orbitдl
02-28-2003, 9:00 PM
Would you consider maybe making a cvar to allow the velocity of force jump to be increased.

An example:
mod_forcejump 0 (would make the velocity as it in in standard jk2)
mod_forcejump 1 (would maybe make it a lil faster)

I know Forcemod 1 had a jump cvar already, those are just examples, but u get the idea.

Anyways, what do you all think?
 tasmic
03-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Here are some pics. i took of Jango Fett while playing as a Mercenary in ForceMod 2.0 Beta:

http://home.attbi.com/~fradac/shot0000.jpg)

http://home.attbi.com/~fradac/shot0002.jpg)

For the rest of them you can visit my site at:

http://home.attbi.com/~fradac)
 deXtoRious
03-01-2003, 7:47 AM
2 Azymn

Are there any beta testing positions still open? I'd love to test it...:rolleyes:
 000nate
03-02-2003, 12:28 PM
This is definetly looking excellent. Make sure to post the link here the day it comes out :D
 lonepadawan
03-02-2003, 1:54 PM
Hmm.. how did you get Jangos pistols?
 Lord X
03-02-2003, 3:27 PM
those are some nice pics you have tasmic
 bliv
03-02-2003, 5:10 PM
To get Jango pistols download the episode 2 weapons pack. It also comes with Zam's Sniper and the Clone Cannon.
 mort!!!
03-02-2003, 5:22 PM
Hey, who's in favor Azymn's flame FX, and who's in favor of the ones from Wolfenstein. I opt for the RTCW ones.
 razorace
03-02-2003, 5:52 PM
I don't think this is a democratically run mod. :D
 tasmic
03-02-2003, 7:50 PM
Re: those are some nice pics you have tasmic

Thanks Lord X, i took the shots myself, there are more at the bottom of those two pics, if you click on the link, i'll try to upload more as i get some better pics. ok?

Also like blic said, i got a pack which comes with 3 weapons:

-Jango's Pistol (replaces the bryer pistol)
-Zam's Sniper (if you don't know which weapon this replaces, you
shouldn't be playing Jedi Outcast ok? ;) )
-Clone Cannon, used by the Clone Troopers (replaces the
repeater)

You can get the pack here:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=9744)

Anyways, since ForceMod let's you use two blasters........well i think you get the idea :p
 mort!!!
03-03-2003, 8:41 AM
come on ace, I just would like to see who supports what.
 MasterKoon237
03-03-2003, 8:31 PM
Any updates, Azymn?
 Azymn
03-03-2003, 9:15 PM
Just tweakin the menus and adding a few more features for testing. I had less time than i thought, hopefully it'll all be ready for beta 2.
 mort!!!
03-05-2003, 4:08 PM
What's your take on the flame FX, Azymn.
 Padawan_7
03-06-2003, 2:18 PM
Azymn, ForceMod 2.0 is sounding great!

I just have a few questions:

Did you ever get the selectable pistols thing worked out?

Will it be possible for people (or bots) to play as a shadow trooper (i.e. dark force power plus the cloaking ability)?

And will the grapple have any effect on the players in touches (i.e. freezing or a force pull/knockdown effect)? If so can bots use them for that purpose?

Thanks. :D

Padawan_7
 bliv
03-06-2003, 5:39 PM
Answers from what I know and the first beta.

1) If you are referring to different pistol models and skins like the lightsaber hilt selecting, then no. This has been added to a list of possibilities for version 3.0 if Azymn does a version 3.0.

2) Interesting idea but I don't think it's possible. Force powers are like a contrast to merc equipment. You can't have both, therefore cloaking and force powers won't be avialble at the same time.

3) No idea, grapple isn't fully functional in the first beta.
 MasterKoon237
03-06-2003, 7:20 PM
so does this mean it's already released?
 zERoCooL2479
03-06-2003, 8:46 PM
Hey Dude, Just checking things out...Hope everything is going okay with the mod...

Need any help, you know how to find me!!
 Azymn
03-06-2003, 9:24 PM
mort!!! - probly leaving the flame fx as they are so i can focus on other things.

Padawan_7 - bliv's right - not yet (if ever) to all of the above.

MasterKoon237 - no, not yet. :)

zERoCooL2479 - i'll be sure to let you know. :)
For those of you who don't know, zERoCooL has offered solid and tested code for admin commands to save me the time of writing my own buggy equilvalents :) . If not by beta 2, the release following will have them.
 deXtoRious
03-08-2003, 8:21 AM
BTW when will Beta 2 come out? I'm not asking for a release date, I just want to know how ready it is and whether we'll get it after a week, a month or a year...
 AJL
03-08-2003, 8:45 AM
Originally posted by Azymn
Yes, but AJL has a point in that it may cause some balance problems. But we'll keep the option open as a possibility...

But i didn't mean that faster blaster bolts causes balance
problems... (although they may cause...)

I meant that when you make them fly faster (especially if
you make them fly MUCH faster) it sometimes causes that
game doesn't render them at all (because they exist so
short time...) and faster speed may also cause that
they clip through things...
 razorace
03-08-2003, 3:14 PM
I've already implimented faster bolt speeds. They never clip thru objects due to the way the missile code runs. However, since the bolt is rendered per frame, at higher speeds the bolt will seem to skip a little bit since the speed of the bolt is going faster than the server frame rate.
 Flamehart
03-08-2003, 4:27 PM
This mod is starting to look very nice. Are there any Beta Testing positions still open? If so, I would like to beta test, my email is craig@navas.net (i believe i emailed you once, i cant remember). Also, will this mod have RPG options like Omnimod 2.0 did? I found that helpful when RPGing and such.

Also, will you be able make it so that if your enemy is in your crosshair and they use lightning on you, can you catch it Yoda style? If not, is it possible to make it absorb into the lightsaber? Just wondering.
 tasmic
03-08-2003, 9:52 PM
Hey Azyman, i tried the Beta 2 version, and i didn't have ANY problems, even with the once you sent in your e-mail........... I LOVE IT :D
 bliv
03-09-2003, 8:20 AM
No roleplaying.
 Vairtis
03-09-2003, 9:04 AM
HOW did you change the color of the bar I'v been trying and trying and trying!!!!!!!! PLZ tell me how!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.
 Zappa_0
03-09-2003, 11:38 PM
hey it looking to be a great mod, I liked the first one alot which I have a few questions about the second release. Will it have an admin system(maybe a better one then Omni) also will you be able to switch guns like an imperial baster and a missle launcher? I would also like to beta test Force Mod 2, if you have any openings for beta testers.
 MasterKoon237
03-10-2003, 4:07 PM
I got the Beta(thanks Mariners2001)and was wonderin how you activate dual guns, and the grappling hook? Or are they not in the Beta?
 Azymn
03-10-2003, 5:05 PM
AOTJ_Craig - There won't be RPG stuff in this mod - it's focused on combat.

Vairtis - Umm, i think the files are forcetick0 - forcetick9, look for them in the menu folders (i can't check right now).

Zappa_0 - the final release will have an admin system.

I got the Beta(thanks Mariners2001)and was wonderin how you activate dual guns, and the grappling hook? Or are they not in the Beta?

Look in the menus.
 Padawan_7
03-11-2003, 1:17 PM
Azymn,

I read over in the beta testing thread about a concern with bots not designated as a Jedi or a merc. How do these bots act?

I would prefer them to act the same way they always do (using all of their allotted weapons with no force, no sabers, and no merc gadgets). These type of bots would represent the Lando's and Han's out there. :D
 Azymn
03-12-2003, 6:18 PM
I believe it's an issue with an f_powerbots setting giving all forcepowers to bots, turning f_powerbots off should fix it. I will likely tweak it anyway so as to avoid confusion in the future.
 DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 3:29 PM
I have no clue if anyone has asked but will this be compatible with OMNI Mod 2.0 cause I will never get rid of OMNI mod I just love it too much!
Page: 2 of 5