Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Mos Entha

Page: 1 of 1
 DISorder
11-26-2002, 1:00 AM
Greetings,
I have began work on a new RPG map called Mos Entha. The map will include: a bar, a shipping/smuggling company, living quarters, a bounty hunter/criminal hideout (with secret passageway), a spaceport, a TK station, a brig(jail), and probably a few other things that havnt been decided upon yet.

Any suggestions and/or comments are greatly appreciated as I am not too creative :-D.

Thanks,

DISorder

Note: The first 2 screenshots are early editions and some of the background items have been taken out.

Here are some screenies:
http://www27.brinkster.com/morphius2661/index.htm)
 Pnut_Man
11-26-2002, 7:40 AM
Man, nice additions to Crim's map, everyone at RA is looking forward to this project =)

Great work.
 DISorder
11-26-2002, 8:00 AM
Aye! I forgot to mention that!

FuzzyCrimmy originally made this map, but he had no time to finish it, so im doing it for him (and making plenty of addition and changes along the way)

DISorder
 DISorder
11-26-2002, 5:43 PM
for some reason it posted the above message two times (this was the second message)
 DISorder
11-26-2002, 5:47 PM
Production on this map is going on hold for about 5 days as I will be out of town.

DISorder
 MuRaSaMuNe
11-26-2002, 9:32 PM
Bwargh! Come back!... Nice map! I wub the desert maps :D :thumbsup:
 Shadriss
11-26-2002, 10:28 PM
Didn''t know you wre with RA, DISorder... only recently joined that myself. If you need any help with upgrades or the like, give me a ring at Shadriss@hotmail.com
 DISorder
12-01-2002, 6:13 PM
Heh, misunderstanding Shadriss, I'm not with RA, im finishing a map for FuzzyCrimmy who is in RA. I'm assuming RA is a zone clan, if so, my zone name is _SA_Demonion, if anyone ever needs me :-D

Thanks
 DISorder
12-03-2002, 6:53 PM
I've updated the webpage for the map.
I have added 2 pictures, one of the detention hall and then a prisoner cell :-D

Hopefully soon all the rooms will look this nice, at least that's what I'm aiming for. I'm happy with the cell block, let me know what you guys think...

Thanks

http://www27.brinkster.com/morphius2661/index.htm)
 Hellfire Jedi
12-03-2002, 7:16 PM
Looks good
 DISorder
12-06-2002, 12:34 AM
I've began work on the bounty hunter area of the map, there are a few wimpy weapons around here (all bounty hunters have weapons, no?). There is a secret passage under the stairs that will lead to some misc. spots for (presumably) planning bounties, assaults, raids, whatever the mind can comprehend, hopefully the other end of this secret passage will come out in the back of the bar and could be used to get away from the cops! But of course you'd get caught and would get to serve some time in the brig!

I was also wondering what you guys thought of this:
Putting weapons in an RPG map, this hasn't been done as of yet (that I know of) and you must use cheats to get weapons. What would you guys think if I put weapons in for sales at a shop, and other places there should be certain weapons (like an E-11 at the police station for example)?

Added a picture (http://www.disordermaps.tk) of the main bounty hunter room.

Thanks

PS, Any tips for an RPG map? So far included is a: Shop, Bar, Bounty hunter hideout, secret passages, docking platforms, TK station, jail, interrogation room, and a shipping company
 Pnut_Man
12-06-2002, 9:27 AM
I really like all the work done so far...just one suggestion:

Try to create a spaceport with dockingbays like the one scene in episode 4 (where the falcon was kept). That would make a great addition....
Actually, making a spaceport with 2 dockingbays/hangers like the ones shown in episode 4 would kick ass...

Reference pics:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Tatooine/A_New_Hope&image=docbay94.jpg&img=48&tt=)

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Tatooine/A_New_Hope&image=docbay94.jpg&img=48&tt=)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=kforce.homestead.com/files/falcon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kforce.homestead.com/star.html&h=203&w=384&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddocking%2Bbay%2Bstar%2Bwars%26svnum%3) D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/bay94.jpg)

Perhaps the dockingbays could be on a lower level of the city..hmm..
 Taigan
12-06-2002, 4:31 PM
Gah!I ca't see any of the pictures :(
But im sure its sweet,lol keep it up:sithm:
 Taigan
12-06-2002, 4:34 PM
DUDE NEVER MIND I JUS SAW THE SCREENIES SWEET MAP!:eek:
 DISorder
12-06-2002, 5:56 PM
Thanks Pnut_Master for the great suggestion. That is probably what i'll do since I dont really like the current space port. I cant really make it underground because in the current underground parts I get some lower FPS so I'm thinkin I probably wont do much more underground. Thanks for the awesome reference pics, as soon as I start building the new one i'm sure they'll come in handy :P

Also thanks Taigan, glad you like it :)

Thanks again guys
 Pnut_Man
12-07-2002, 12:27 PM
Glad you took in the suggestion, number one map that i'm looking forward to :)
 Wes Marrakesh
12-07-2002, 1:08 PM
[:xp: mode]It will pale in comparison to Tintagel! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!![/:xp: mode]

After I get some screenshots up, that is :D

Looks good, DIS.
 DISorder
12-23-2002, 3:26 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know, that this map is on hold for an undertermined amount of time.
I have been out of the 'mood' of making maps for the last week or so, and thus no progress has been made, this will pass soon hopefully and the map is still scheduled to be completed, its just on hold until I can reestablish my mapping skrillz :D. Hope I can continue work soon, just wanted to let you guys know why I havnt updated in about 2 weeks.
Thanks

DISorder
 DISorder
12-31-2002, 3:18 PM
I just thought I would say that I have began work on Mos Entha and it should be completed within the 2nd week of Jan. (At least thats what I'm shooting for). No new screenshots yet, when I compile all my changes i'll be sure to post them at disordermaps.tk, if you have any suggestions, better be quick!

Thanks
 Pnut_Man
12-31-2002, 4:54 PM
I await the screenshots..
 DISorder
12-31-2002, 11:21 PM
Finnally!
I have finnally completed remodeling the shipping company, and also got some temp. lights put in so you could see them, but I forgot to take any screenshots of the newest building addition, the main 'cheatue' (Rich mans house), which looks pretty good with a domed skylight, perhapes some screenshots next time i compile.

Anyways, after about 3 hours (It's 3 am now) of remodeling (I'm slow, I know), I finnally got it all texturized. The actual remodeling didnt take long, just getting the right textures where they need to be, that was the killer.

Anyways *drum roll* there are about 5 new screenshots on my site (http://www.disordermaps.tk), so head on over there and tell me what you think.

The skybox you see in the latest pictures is from Tigris' map Cantina,and were created by Gizmo, I may make my own, but it all depends on time constraints, if I have time to learn Bryce, then I will, and you'll get an all new skybox, but, thats iffy (Bryce is a helluva lot more complicated than terragen!).

If anyone could point me to some Bryce tutorials, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Right now, here is the order im going to go in on completing this map:

1. Finish the shipping company, obviously not much left now
2. Put the finishing touches on the bar
3. I need to bring the jail cells above ground because of FPS constraints
4. The spaceport, mostly just needs a ship and a few odds and ins
5. Add more 'dummy buildings' in order to fill some extra space
6. Get all the lighting correct
7. Fix up the .zip

So that, in a nutshell, is what I need to do to get this map ready for completion, it might sound like a lot, but not really...

Thanks, let me know what you think

DISorder
 Altus_Thrawn
01-01-2003, 1:49 AM
I am assuming this is on tattoine, if so, the buildings (imho) should be more round, from what I remember the buildings were all roundish buildings right next to eachother. Also, where there are huge platforms supported by a pole each, I hope this is not your spaceport because people would have no way to go up to the platforms and down from the platforms unless the cyliner is hollow. But then do you honestly think one hollow cylinder could support it all? I don't see the platforms in later screenshots, so if you already deleted them, sorry.
 DISorder
01-01-2003, 1:51 AM
Yep, I already delted them and put in a space port like the one seen in ANH.

As for the buildings, they will probably get a refit from the outside.

Thanks for posting!
 Yun the Sith
01-03-2003, 7:34 PM
Keep it up, I like what I see. You might want to add a little more to some areas though.
 Pnut_Man
01-04-2003, 7:44 AM
Could you possibly get a nice shot of the spaceport in there?
 DISorder
01-04-2003, 8:43 AM
Yun: I may have to move the underground jail up to the surface to fill in one little area near the imperial station. The other area's in the back will (eventually) be filled with dummy buidings, you can see the start of this in front of the spaceport.

Pnut: The spaceport is not yet complete, mostly I just have the main outside look of the building done and have yet to add a ship and some other miscellanious things, when its done i'll have a screenshot (or I might just let it be a suprise :-D)

Thanks for the comments/suggestions
 DISorder
01-05-2003, 3:13 AM
w00t, I've finnally gotten around to making a new site to accompany my maps, head on over to disordermaps.tk, and tell me what you think (not only about the site, but also the map).

Yep.
 Pnut_Man
01-05-2003, 11:45 AM
When i try going to http://www.disordermaps.tk) I get a blank page with the word "boe!"

O_o
 DISorder
01-05-2003, 2:27 PM
dunno, the site works for me...
 Pnut_Man
01-06-2003, 4:45 PM
Site works, everything looks fine, just waiting for more updates
 DISorder
01-06-2003, 5:14 PM
I am hoping someone out there would be kind enough to make me a texture for the map, as the one I am using gets quite repetitive since it is the only one im using on the outsides of the buildings.

So, if someone out there would be so kind as to make me a good looking sand texture that would fit on the outside of a building on tatooine, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DISorder
 DISorder
01-06-2003, 7:06 PM
Pnut (and anyone else), I have an explanation of why you were seeing "boe" on the website last night, I just recieved this e-mail from the friendly neighborhood .tk admin :-D

In the last 12 hours we have seen a system outage on
one of our machines serving the FREEDOMAIN.TK
forwarding service of Dot TK.

This resulted in wrongly displayed 'referer' URL's
in the bottom of each page. There was a change that
someone was seeing 'boe' when visiting a FREEDOMAIN.TK
website

As for the map, i'm currently working on fixin' up the bar nice and pretty, some screenshots MAY be up by the end of tonight, but I cant be up all night working on it (stupid school), see you guys later.
 Pnut_Man
01-06-2003, 7:25 PM
thx for the update =)
 DISorder
01-06-2003, 9:35 PM
New screenshot of a bar booth at disordermaps.tk

Also, the jail will remain BELOW ground because I have solved the fps problem (for the most part, some areas still see some slowdown, but measures will be taken to prevent it) by taking out two cells and the interrogation room. It is my intention to still include the interogation room, most likely in an adjacent building that will fill the space next to the imperial station.

Any suggestions/comments are appreciated

Thanks
 Pnut_Man
01-08-2003, 5:37 PM
Just will say that the interrogration room is very useful, i want to make sure it's in the final version.
 DISorder
01-10-2003, 6:17 PM
Well, i've ran into a few problems with area portals and have been having Wes Marrakesh(sp?) help me out on the map and things, and, to no avail, I'm afraid I will not be meeting the *hopeful* 2nd week of Jan. release, as of now, I cant really say when it will be released, I wont be home this weekend so no work during then, and I was sick yesterday so no work yesterday either, i'm also leaving in about 20 minutes to go out of town. So, lets all thank Wes for helping me out, and helping me make this map better, since i've discovered some of the errors i've been making, I SHOULD be able to include more and also keep the frame rates down (I wasnt using area portals correctly :(), anywyas, sorry for having to eliminate the release date, but, good work takes time :-D. Of course the other problem I have is I cant work on a map for more than about 2 hours time, then I have to take a break for a few hours, so, that also slows it down, sometimes I can go for more than 2 hours at a time, but not recently, as i'm only home about 5 hours after school is all done and over with, figure in anotehr hour or sometimes 2 for homework and things, and yea, you end up with not much time to work on it at all. Again, sorry I cannot meet the 2nd week of Jan. release date, but the map is not in any condition for (any type of successfuly at least) release. Right now i'm working on spiffying up the bar, and soon, SOON, I can move on, lets hope next week will move along a little faster.

Thanks

DISorder
 DISorder
01-19-2003, 5:57 PM
Well, finnally, I have *almost* finished the bar, the only thing really left is to add a texture. A stubborn texture, of course I make the texture and it doesnt work, so I have to make another one *sigh*. Anyways, since the bar is almost complete, i'll get a screenshot up on my site by then end of today, but there arent any up as of right now. I'll post again when the shots are up.

Goodbye.

Next is the spaceport, then almost done, w00t.

Edit: If anyone would be so kind as to provide me with a few shots of a pod race, that'd be great, as I'm in need of (higher quality) some.

Thanks.
 DISorder
01-20-2003, 2:06 AM
Finnally, new screenshots, 3 of them in fact.

I've worked my ass off today to finish up the bar and almost complete work on the spaceport, there are still some changes to be made to the spaceport which will probably change it's appearance quite a bit from what you see now, but it will definitly change it for the better.

I've been able to pretty much finish the lower level of the spaceport and tommarrow I will begin work on the upper level, and hopefully get done unless something drastic happens. After the spaceport, time to fix my elevators, the elevators which have by far been the most stubborn part of this map making experience (for instance, one will bring up me up fine, but will it come up when i call it? nooo...).

Wish me luck, perhapes some new screenshots tommarrow also, but that will just be luck.

Thanks,

DISorder

**I can nearly taste the completion of this project...**
 Pnut_Man
01-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Awesome news, i'm going to check out the screenshots right now.
 DISorder
01-20-2003, 9:58 PM
ahh, completion becomes one step further. The starport is completed! *godly noise* but, sorry to tell you guys, that no new screenshots will be posted until completion and release of the map which will hopefully be mid-end of this week, that way there will still be something not everyone has seen yet.

I've just fixed the elevators on everything so that should all work now, although I havnt compiled yet to test it, so it's still guess work, but my guess is it will work fine.

Next up: dummy buildings, then a few more odds and ends, and BAM its done...

Thanks for everyone who's supported me (if anyone) this map is coming along nicely, and whoever thinks the current spaceport shots on my site are nice, there are even better ones in my little screenshots directory :-D.

More posts later this week.
 DISorder
01-23-2003, 5:26 PM
LOTS of work has been done on the map, including:
the inclusion of the interrogation room, fixed area portals (that is tedious), and plenty of dummy buildings surrounding the main area. With any luck, the map will be done and submitted by Friday, as there is not much (at all) left to do to it, just some minor details I havnt gotten around to doing (yet).

Lets hope for a fri. release, the map is lookin damn good if i do say so myself, I look forward to comments on pcgamemods.com :-D
 DISorder
01-24-2003, 12:59 AM
**Drum roll**
Now Presenting...

Mos Entha
**End drum roll**

Finnally Mos Entha is complete and has been shipped off for packaging at Pcgamemods.com and will hopefully be up tommarrow, which would be good. As I said in the readme, if the map does well enough, there will likely be a version 2 with bot support and possibly increase of size. Let me know what you think, too bad I dont have a link yet...

I guess working on the map for about all of my free time in the last 5 days (or so) has paid off, I wnt be home this weekend, so hopefully the map can meet some success over the weekend.

Thanks for all your support (whoever gave it)

Thats a wrap!

-DISorder

PS, if you cant find the jail, read the readme, even though reading the readme is recommended anyways.
 Pnut_Man
01-24-2003, 1:55 PM
Thanks for putting the dedication and work into finishing up Mos Entha. The roleplayers at RA are all excited that we'll get a chance to use the map this weekend.

Thanks again Disorder :)
 wedge2211
01-24-2003, 6:45 PM
 Shadriss
01-24-2003, 6:51 PM
Wedge, Mos ENtha was designed from the ground up as a map for RPG style play - why would they need, or even WANT bots?
 Eldritch
01-24-2003, 6:57 PM
Probably because not everyone that downloads the map will use it for RPG. You shouldn't exclude anyone from enjoying the map. I myself am sometimes disapointed if bot support is not included. Just a thought.
 FuzzyCrimmy
01-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Hey guys,

Cant beleive I havent posted here earlier. Ive looked at the posts but never actually done so myself.

Anyways, thanks for your continued support and ideas they were greatly appreciated.

Now give DISorder a BIG round of applause. This is a great map and he worked SUPER HARD. Thanks again DISorder.

As far as bot support is concerned. If a second version is made then most likely bot support will be added, as well as fixing of the few glitches and possibly enlarging.....Well dont just sit their DL the map to ensure a second release ;)

Thanks again,

FuzzyCrimmy
 DISorder
01-26-2003, 7:29 PM
Ouch, I ran into a problem and forgot to include a texture that was obviously needed for the map, the outside portion anyways, Sergio sent me an e-mail and im about to fix it and resubmit it, it would have been done sooner (probably) had I have been home this weekend. The map should be released within 1-3 days.

Thanks again,

DISorder
 Wes Marrakesh
01-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Ok. Me, Crim, and Airen ran through the map this afternoon. We discovered a bunch of errors.

1. The door that opens from the button on the Imp desk. I looked at it and got HOM.

2. The door under the stairs, and the other door next to it. Both were HOM.

3. Put the doors to the shipping company on a team so they open simultaneously.

4. Same for the other set of double doors (forget where)

5. Pack the textures.

Otherwise, nice work :D

EDIT: Those HOM bugs are map-killing. You need to fix them before release.
 DISorder
01-27-2003, 7:40 AM
HOM is fixed as best as I can, so is the skybox, the HOM had something tod o w/ the area portals :confused: but i deleted the area portals and made new ones and it seesm to work alright
Page: 1 of 1