Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Occupation

Page: 1 of 1
 Kengo
11-05-2002, 7:14 PM
An upcoming SP level, following on from the plot of previous ones. Kyle is investigating a MultiPlanetary Conglomerate called Galtech Industries, to ascertain whether fears that Galtech are supplying the Remnant with technologies are true, and if so what the technologies are being used for. A previous encounter apears to indicate some sort of link between the technology and the reborn, but of what nature is unclear. Kyle infiltrates the HQ of Galtech in an attempt to learn more, events lead him to a small, isollated planet in the still dangerous Outer Rim of the Galaxy.....

There are currently some shots here (I'm still trying to work out the posting of pictures thing):

http://www.geocities.com/kengomaps/WIP.html)

The map should feature:
Many cutscenes
Voice Acting
Lightsabers...
 Kengo
11-05-2002, 7:36 PM
Aha!

OK, here a room in a wealthy household

http://www.geocities.com/kengomaps/shot0175.jpg)
 The Truthful Liar
11-05-2002, 7:42 PM
I don't believe that you can directly link images from geocities. The link to your web page will do.

Interesting theme however it's boxy in my opinion perhaps work on more detail. (Then again looking at my latest map I'd probably say everything is boxy.) :p
 Elijah
11-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Boxy but awsome nontheless... what other ideas do you have in mind for this awsome level?
 SettingShadow
11-06-2002, 3:30 AM
Looks awsome :cool:
 Kengo
11-06-2002, 6:46 AM
Thanks guys :)

Err...that picture was working yesterday, was the file too big, if so I'll try to reduce the file size.
 DapperDanMan
11-10-2002, 1:17 AM
Awesome map. Excellent work. Can you shoot the bottles? Keep up the good work Kengo.
 Taigan
12-06-2002, 4:44 PM
Amazing!it's like going back to the days of jessie james/billy the kid :P
 MMP
12-06-2002, 5:14 PM
Billy the Kid? Are you kidding? This map looks like the Victorian era, not the "Wild West". I think it looks cool though, reminiscent of the Thief games.
 Kengo
12-30-2002, 12:56 PM
Occupation is now complete and avaliable for download from here:

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1095)

Any comments welcome :)
 Kengo
01-08-2003, 7:14 PM
There are big problems with Occupation that I only noticed after I submitted it sadly. Probabaly a waste of time for me to mention it but if you were thinking of downloading it...I wouldn't until Version 2 is put up, it fixes the various problems (Kyle invisible, loads of missing textures). I've already submitted Version 2, it's just a matter of time....

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :mob:

:atat: :atat:
 Kengo
01-08-2003, 7:16 PM
And also I'd like to appologise to anyone who did download the original version of Occupation....it was a very big dload I know and those problems should not have been there.
 Gabrobot
01-22-2003, 8:59 PM
Nice level, Kengo! I'm glad to see a good non-ladder SP level. The gameplay is much more fun when it consists of something other than just half a dozen reborn thrown at the player. The variation in gameplay is quite refreshing and the cutscenes are well done.

I think this is the first level that has been released that is complete all the way around. It has a story other than "survive the reborn waves", it has cutscenes with actual voice acting, it has custom objectives and the level ends with credits instead of loading one of the original JO levels. No other level I have played so far has all of the above except for this level.

I look forward greatly to future levels of yours, Kengo. With so few good JO SP levels, work like yours is greatly appreciated.
 Kengo
01-23-2003, 2:54 PM
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate you saying that :D

You did play Version 2 right, not the one with invisible Kyle? (I'm guessing yes :)).

Just to note for everyone, Version 2 of Occupation is now avaliable at the following locations.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=41bfd20a38bb1b0bec75acf0845530a7)

http://massassi.net/levels/files/2578.shtml)
 PajamaSam
01-24-2003, 12:02 AM
good job :D
 lassev
01-24-2003, 2:02 AM
Very nice level indeed. The story was a good one, and served the adventure greatly. The architecture was also very cool, and it seems you put much thought in it. And one can absolutely not forget the voice acting, which was impressive. One thing that I tremendously enjoyed was shooting the later spawned troopers at the castle courtyard with the AT-ST over the wall. Also the red force-wielding baddie I trambled with the AT-ST.

However, it's not good to give nothing but positive feedback, even if it as easy as it can get with this level. I would like to comment on a couple of things. First one is the opening cinematic, which might have been a little shorter and faster, and also the camera work. Although nobody holds it so critical in games, you might benefit from thinking the conventions in the making of movies or documentaries: all clips from one camera position should be quite short.

Great work. Keep going.
 wedge2211
01-24-2003, 10:49 AM
You REALLY need to learn how to use the surface inspector. Most of your walls just had one repeating texture applied, especially in the opening cutscene. This really detracts from the overall look of the level, you can get a MUCH more polished and detailed feel to it not by adding more brushes, but by texturing the ones you have properly. For example, in the opening shot of Kyle talking with the GalTech dude, the table in the middle of the room has one of the doomgiver trim textures applied--great for beams and skinny short objects, but not the surface of a table, especially when you have a giant pipe sticking out of it. Also on that table, there are consoles around the rim, but none of them line up with the physical structure of the table. You can do a lot with the "fit" button in the surface inspector.
 Yun the Sith
01-24-2003, 7:30 PM
I downloaded it and played it. Not exactly astunding, but wasn't bad. I say to keep it you, you've improved a lot from your first levels.
 Kengo
01-26-2003, 4:01 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

That is some very creative use of the AT-ST Lassev, I have to admit I didn't think of all those uses when I built the level :) I definately need to work on direction of cutscenes, there were a lot of static camera shots which isn't too interesting I must admit. I must watch some more great films to give me a hand....man, it's a hard job but someones gotta do it.

Wedge, you're right, texturing is a big weakness in my mapping. I do use the surface inspector, but cetainly not all of its features, I'm gonna have to work on this a lot.

Appreciate the feedback everyone :)
 Kengo
01-27-2003, 7:50 AM
The map is now also avaliable at The Admirals Command Chamber (a top map site btw, check it out :) )

http://www.commandchamber.net/levels/outcast/display.php?name=occupation)

(Kengo pockets bribe-money)
 Gabrobot
02-02-2003, 2:20 PM
Congrats on getting a 90 score at TACC!
 Kengo
02-02-2003, 6:18 PM
Wow, I don't believe it :D

Thanks for flagging that up man :)
Page: 1 of 1