Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP Episode I Obi-Wan by Tex360, Arco, NeoMarz1, and Myself

Page: 9 of 10
 El Sitherino
12-19-2002, 8:56 PM
i think he does it so we know its basically done and cuz well its nice letting us know even if it doesnt turn out. see things always come up at the last minute thats the way it works so.... anyways
 nomad
12-19-2002, 9:07 PM
Aww don't dare hold anything against Toonces.
Believe me, he knows he probably shouldn't have said anything about when he'd be done...
But, Oh well. :D
He obviously was convinced that he was finished. What can he do... give everyone their money back? :p

Something that was unforseen must have reared it's ugly head today, eh?
Hope you're able to work it all out wihout too many headaches, Toonces.

BTW, Toonces usually states quite clearly that no release dates shall ever be taken as matter of fact.
Heh, maybe the model is ready, but Toonces drove off a cliff!! ;)

I think we all have enough toys to hold us over!

Thanks for the many toys Santa Toonces.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Khier
12-19-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187
also, toonces has another project hes working on, i cant remeber her name right now, but its the girl that misterpuch made that GREAT head for but didnt finish. Remeber? shes red, and kinda has a body (with robe) that looks like ivan ooze from power rangers ;)

That would be Shaak Ti

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86273)

Its just been sitting there right now, because Toonces has been busy with these other great models, but when he's finished with Obi im sure he'll be working on this model, then the Shaak Ti thread will soon be the hottest thread in the showcase forum hehe (or he might decide to take a break and get some sleep :p)
 AlzWisHum
12-19-2002, 11:40 PM
Well Toonces models will always have a cozy spot at my Hard Drive ;)
 frendon
12-20-2002, 12:12 AM
give Toonces some time, he has already given us 2 great models in a week and that is a lot!!! if he needs some time for obi, that's alright, in the meantime we can still play around with the other models :D :

http://bellsouthpwp.net/f/r/frendonb/Qui.JPG)
 Toonces
12-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ExileSunday
I am just learning not to trust your word, I feel it would be better not to set a time at all, and just let the people not worry about it. Or set a further date that you know you can make. Just my two cents.

Wow, I guess you can never please everybody ;) Since I'm such a forgiving person you can download Obi too, and you can take my word on that :D

Thanks for the backup guys :) nomad really hits the nail on the head though. I've said it over and over again, I hate to give release dates, but when I finally break down and do, I usually hit the mark. Two of the three models hit that date, the other, delayed four days due to some unforseen circumstances, a shader bug I couldn't crush until today, and my Life. I'm not so sure that ignoreing everybody would help make things easier, but I'll consider that in the future ;)

Anyway, Obi's done. He'd have been ready a couple of hours ago but I got suddenly got really sleepy twards the end of Hannity and Colmbes and fell asleep on the couch :) I'm writeing the readme now. I'll post a url as soon as I'm done :D
 frendon
12-20-2002, 12:48 AM
thanks TOONCES!!!!, i know how it must be, and that's why you will never get that kind of post from me, you are getting nothing in return from doing this, maybe just our thanks and i know that can't be enough, i can't thank you enough for doing it, anyway that will teach us a lesson, never post a releasing date, because there are people that will get back to you with that.

THANKS AGAIN TOONCES ARCO and now..NEOMARZ!!!
 skywalker19
12-20-2002, 12:51 AM
man Toonces,if it werent for you and the work you put into this game,i'm sure i would have lost interest some time ago.

keep up the great work man :)
 Toonces
12-20-2002, 1:01 AM
http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1087)

frendon, skywalker 19, that's all I really do it for, that, and It's fun to do :)

Anyway, hope you guys like him :)
 skywalker19
12-20-2002, 1:03 AM
woot!

i know i'll like him since i enjoy all your other models :D,thx toonces.
 frendon
12-20-2002, 1:07 AM
THANKS TOONCES :D , is 2am and you still uploaded it, you are the man!!!!!!
 JediLoaf
12-20-2002, 1:17 AM
great job guys, i look forward to more wok in the future, maybe for JKIII...
 Luuke
12-20-2002, 2:30 AM
WOOOOW!!! the third outstanding model in just one week... is it christmas today??? :D
well, great work, Arco, Toonces,... and all the others who worked on these models! Merry christmas!!!
 SettingShadow
12-20-2002, 2:42 AM
Very very nice, one question tho, why is the robed version a sith? :ball: it should be Jedi Obi :ball: :D

of course it dont spoil the model in any way, love your work guys. :)

Edit: ops, saw there was a Jedi Robed Obi, hehe looks superb of course :)
 Sivy
12-20-2002, 8:31 AM
FANTASTIC!!!!! :thumbsup:

eversince JO was released i have been waiting for an obi-wan model, and now here it is :D it's like playing JO for the first time again

thank you Toonces and the gang
 master obi-wan
12-20-2002, 8:36 AM
i love the model !!! say but what with the desann replacements and the reborn replacement are they coming to ? and i guess we can expect a sp version soon i hope !! that would be nice :D

thanks for the models they are really great !!!

master obi-wan
 AlzWisHum
12-20-2002, 8:47 AM
Great work, love it, its my fave!

:yobi:
 SpYzEr
12-20-2002, 9:17 AM
Wow guys, great model! One problem tho: it may just be me but the anakin, green, and ep1_obi/robed variations dont show up in the right hand corner (like when your ahead). But i looked in the pk3 and saw that they both had icons... whats wrong?
 nomad
12-20-2002, 12:26 PM
Beautiful!! :D
You guys nailed this much needed Jedi dead on.
All three models were such a great contribution individually. The fact that you guys pounded them out to be finished within a week is just too much for any of us to have ever asked for.
Please except my humble offerings of extreme grattitude. :)

Now, if only I could play Team FFA with the default skins of Obi, Qui-Gon, and Maul.
I've been looking in to modding that myself, but I think it's over my head.
These great models might warrant making a bunch of "Team Skins" that are the default skins. (eesh, tons of pk3 editing that'll leave me screwed for online play)

Thanks so much Team Tri-Jedi!!

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Mex
12-20-2002, 2:29 PM
Its very good but it looks like he has lines on his face and on the back of his head...
:eyeraise: :(
 jimbobrun86
12-20-2002, 2:49 PM
Yeah I'm gettin lines on the front and sides of the model, You did an awesome job and all, but could you fix that 1 small bug?
thanx
 Lord Tnuc
12-20-2002, 2:54 PM
Posted by Toonces

Wow, I guess you can never please everybody
 Hekx
12-20-2002, 3:19 PM
I don't see any bugs; everything looks great to me :)
I'm also pleased because Arco and Mars' wonderful skinning work is included with this model ;)

By far, the bestest JK2 model available :)
 frendon
12-20-2002, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by Flanders
Its very good but it looks like he has lines on his face and on the back of his head...
:eyeraise: :(
yeah i'm also getting that like with the mace windu model use to have, where is mariners? he knows how to fix it.
 fat_101
12-20-2002, 3:44 PM
all im gonna say is congratulations ........... another fantastic model made , i look forward to any future realeases that u, arco and all others involved make ....
thank you , i believe u made someones christmas if not alot of ppls christmas :D

FATTEH
 theallianz
12-20-2002, 4:26 PM
great work!!! after downloading it i immediately made my own SP conversion and played with him in SP. i always hated Kyle (sorry for Kyle lovers) and converting him to Obi was really great!

all the Obi variations were great! i see there were 2 Obis there. the one is "ep1_obi" and "epii_obi". why made two obis? I think those two are both Obi-Wan. well personally, I liked ep1_obi. :D

thanks again, ur d best modeller in the whole world! ;)
 MasterKoon237
12-20-2002, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by theallianz
great work!!! after downloading it i immediately made my own SP conversion and played with him in SP. i always hated Kyle (sorry for Kyle lovers) and converting him to Obi was really great!

all the Obi variations were great! i see there were 2 Obis there. the one is "ep1_obi" and "epii_obi". why made two obis? I think those two are both Obi-Wan. well personally, I liked ep1_obi. :D

thanks again, ur d best modeller in the whole world! ;)

cool could you post a alink to that conversion? Or......Do you not feel like sharing(i won't complain)?
 jimbobrun86
12-20-2002, 6:08 PM
Does anybody know how to make slow-mo deaths in MP?? I saw it yesterday on a duel server and I was wondering what you type in the console to get it?
 theallianz
12-20-2002, 6:53 PM
cool could you post a alink to that conversion? Or......Do you not feel like sharing(i won't complain)?

http://theallianz.tripod.com/kyle2obi.zip)
this is just a very simple conversion of replacing Kyle with Obi-Wan in SP. i think many of you do this but since someone has asked me to post one, so then here it is. :)

this is from the "epii_obi" because i feel he looks more Obi-Wan than the "epi_obi" (though I like ep1_obi more). and he doesn't wear his robes here.

but if ever Toonces or anyone behind the Obi model creates a new SP conversion, I suggest u download them instead of this! and surely i would also download that!;)
 Kit Fisto
12-20-2002, 8:10 PM
Great model guys, much appreciated :)
 boinga1
12-20-2002, 8:28 PM
Originally posted by SpYzEr
Wow guys, great model! One problem tho: it may just be me but the anakin, green, and ep1_obi/robed variations dont show up in the right hand corner (like when your ahead). But i looked in the pk3 and saw that they both had icons... whats wrong?

they don't show up because the icons are named "icon_default_anakin" and "icon_default_green", while the skins are "model_anakin" and "model_green".
 MasterKoon237
12-20-2002, 9:52 PM
Originally posted by theallianz

http://theallianz.tripod.com/kyle2obi.zip)
this is just a very simple conversion of replacing Kyle with Obi-Wan in SP. i think many of you do this but since someone has asked me to post one, so then here it is. :)

sorry to pester you theallianz, but the link don't work!
 Hekx
12-20-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by MasterKoon237

sorry to pester you theallianz, but the link don't work! Rick-click and select 'Save Target As' ;)
 theallianz
12-21-2002, 1:11 AM
sorry to pester you theallianz, but the link don't work!

it does. just like what Hиkx Nтxъ said Right Click and 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'. In my case, I have d/l Accelerator that's why clicks are monitored. :p
 MuRaSaMuNe
12-21-2002, 1:26 AM
Tight model guys! :thumbsup:
 NeoMarz1
12-22-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by boinga1

they don't show up because the icons are named "icon_default_anakin" and "icon_default_green", while the skins are "model_anakin" and "model_green".

Must be when Toonces set up the files for the new release. Cant believe its not working, maybe I'll get another version out there. Mars out!
 Deetox187
12-23-2002, 2:08 AM
Wow, i haven't been around for awhile and when i come back i see all these great models released! (with my soundpacks of course) :D

I've spent most of my time playing BF1942 lately but now that i can finally play as Mace, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan i'm gonna have to fire up JK2 again for sure. Just want to say congrats to Toonces, Arco and Marz for the awesome work they've done. I am very proud to have been involved even if it was just a small part, i hope everyone likes the sounds!
 [JKZ]_Yun
12-23-2002, 12:21 PM
this model roooocks:urpdude: and keep the good good good working Tex360,Arco,NeoMarz1, and Toonces

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 Valo
12-23-2002, 10:13 PM
hey toonces i was fooling around with youe awesome obi- wan model, giving him dark hair and a scar and i came past a little problem with the chest.

can u or someone else tell me whats wrong.

http://www.geocities.com/newtype4985/ville-model.jpg)
 boinga1
12-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Valo
hey toonces i was fooling around with youe awesome obi- wan model, giving him dark hair and a scar and i came past a little problem with the chest.

can u or someone else tell me whats wrong.

http://www.geocities.com/newtype4985/ville-model.jpg)

you have to vreate a .surf file to surf off the torso, r_arm, and l_arm, but to make ModView look right, you need to go to "surfaces", find the above parts, right click, and turn them off. there is a way to make .surf files with modview, but i don't know how.
 Valo
12-23-2002, 11:14 PM
i dont quiet understand what a .surf file is and what it does, i have seen these .surf files in the obi file but i dont know what they do. how would i create one?
 Lord Tnuc
12-24-2002, 8:25 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/tnucrojam/BadPadwan.jpg)

A little disagreement between master and apprentice, eh?

Edit: Perhaps, Toonces, this may be something to put as the sweet featured screens on the jkii.net :p
 Toonces
12-24-2002, 11:30 AM
heh, I don't do the screenies, but send it in, you never know ;)

Valo, take a look inside the pk3 and open up a .skin file. For the robed versions I had to turn off the r_arm, l_arm, and torso. There is a secondary torso called torso_robe that is a little smaller so it reduces clipping when you use the robe.
 Lord Tnuc
12-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Where exactly do I send it? >.>
 boinga1
12-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Valo
i dont quiet understand what a .surf file is and what it does, i have seen these .surf files in the obi file but i dont know what they do. how would i create one?

Valo, just create a file in WordPad and enter the following line:

surfOff "r_arm l_arm torso"

Now save the file and exit, then rename the filename to model_default.surf (or whatever name applies to your .skin file). Check to make sure it worked by reopening the file. If this doesn't work, make a copy of an existing .surf file and change the contents to fit.
 Hekx
12-28-2002, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by Arco
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/rebornanddesann.jpg)

there yer go... reborn and desann replacements.

Arco:deathii:

-: jingle jingle jingle :- Is there any news of Arco's SP Obi-wan mod being released?

It should be fun playing SP in a world of Obis :D
 Garik Loran
12-29-2002, 12:55 AM
To everyone who worked on this great model:

I've written this into the forum some time ago. I wanted to make a Young emperor clone (the one from Dark Empire) skin for your Ep1 Obi-Wan model.
Now I have finished some parts, and I want to know if I am allowed to publish it eventually. Without your permission I won't do that.
I also used some parts of the skin, some are from Mars, some from Arco. So I need your permission as well.
Of course I will include your original readme and give give all credits to it's original authors.

I wanted to write you an e-mail, but I couldn't find Arco's address and Toonces, your's is not working.

And last but not least here is a screenshot of my skin so you can see I didn't harm your work :)

http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/young_emp.jpg)

The skin is not finished, there are some parts that will be fixed or made better, but you can get an idea how it looks like.

edit: here's a pic from the official star wars hp.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20000405/img/swdehbkcover1_sm.gif)

Thanx again for this model.
 SSJ2 Vegetto
12-29-2002, 9:06 AM
Hey Toonces I have a question I was talking to my friend Neoshal the other day I forgot how to spell his name I have not seen him in game in four days hes also known as gf_NeroAngelo1. Anyways he told me you are gonna make a Sith Obi without the robe and I was wondering if this is true could you send it to me as well.
 [JKZ]_Yun
12-29-2002, 9:48 AM
 Garik Loran
12-30-2002, 3:38 AM
I've finished tweaking the skin. Here's a shot of the final version.
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/clone_emp.jpg)

http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/icon_default.jpg)

So all I need now is your permission. :cool:

Oh, and here's the image I primary used for the skin.
http://keith.hispeed.com/dorman/portrait/majemp.jpg)
Page: 9 of 10