Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP Episode I Obi-Wan by Tex360, Arco, NeoMarz1, and Myself

Page: 8 of 10
 Hekx
12-17-2002, 8:40 PM
Very nice clothing textures ;)
Good work Arco :)

I might even start playing SP again when this modifcation skin pack is released :D
 Toonces
12-17-2002, 9:06 PM
Nah, couple hours, tonight perhaps, definatly by tommorow night
 frendon
12-17-2002, 9:07 PM
There is no rush toonces take your time, THANKS AGAIN FOR MACE AND QUIGON same to you ARCO :cool:
 Mest
12-17-2002, 9:09 PM
*sniff* if only my cd-drive hadnt crapped out on me yesterday, then i would be able to play with this model tomarrow. now i have to wait until i can replace it!
 Lord Tnuc
12-17-2002, 11:57 PM
Hey, Arco, where's the Obi and Qui-Gon renders? :eek:

I'd love to see what the default Obi-Wan looks like other than the pics on Toonces's site o.o
 Mex
12-18-2002, 11:05 AM
Wow nice work Acro, hey I got a good name for the next JO

Star Wars Jedi knight II : Obi-Wan lookalike reborns strike back! :D

[And Toonces, will it be released tomorrow or tonight? And congratulations that you are an moderator]

Lucky friggin sod....
 SettingShadow
12-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Very nice indeed, very nice.

And Flanders, I dont think it will be called that :p more like:

Jedi Outcast 2: Obi-Wan lookalike reborns strike back!

:D
 Maester Windu
12-18-2002, 3:16 PM
Very nice Arco, but isn't one character replacement missing I thought there were 5 types of reborn: Fencer, Forceuser, Acrobat, Boss, and the normal one. Is there another one somewhere or are you going to use one for two reborns?
 Enjoi9187
12-18-2002, 3:35 PM
the regular reborn isnt in the SP game, just MP
 AlzWisHum
12-18-2002, 4:30 PM
I am very excited about this model, its really great! And congratulations about the skins too! :cool:
 Mr. Data
12-18-2002, 5:19 PM
AHHHHH!!! THE SUSPENSE IS TOO MUCH.

I beg you Toonces please please please release Obi-Wan already. My jk2 life isn't complete without him :(. I've been sitting at the comp now for 2 hours straight constantly reloading the jkii.net site to see if Obi is out yet.
 Lord Tnuc
12-18-2002, 7:32 PM
Asking him to release it sooner than he wants to will not get you anywhere. It will only get people to tell you how far it will not get you. Like me, for example. I've been waiting for all three of these models(along with a lot of other people) quite a long time. Keep in mind, it's very understandable about the length of time, because they're very good models. Toonces has done a great job. I'm willing to bet I've waited just as long, if not longer than you for these models...and begging won't get anywhere.
 MasterKoon237
12-18-2002, 7:42 PM
Lord Tnuc, the only reason i'm begging for this model to be realeased is because i was under the impression it was to be realeased by today. If you can prove me wrong i will graciously back down and stop begging

:koon: is the man!
 BucMan55
12-18-2002, 7:49 PM
It'll be released, when it's released, not a minute sooner....(and not a minute later)

This is the way of the community....
 MasterKoon237
12-18-2002, 7:53 PM
sadly, i can't argue with that!
 Mr. Data
12-18-2002, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tnuc
Asking him to release it sooner than he wants to will not get you anywhere. It will only get people to tell you how far it will not get you. Like me, for example. I've been waiting for all three of these models(along with a lot of other people) quite a long time. Keep in mind, it's very understandable about the length of time, because they're very good models. Toonces has done a great job. I'm willing to bet I've waited just as long, if not longer than you for these models...and begging won't get anywhere.

1st of all - I never said it would get me anywhere
2nd of all - I never said it would get me anywhere (again)
3rd of all - Yeah, okay. And so you by telling me this is getting you nowhere
4th of all - Yeah, Toonces is the best!
5th of all - Yeah, whatever.
6th of all - I never said it would get me anywhere (yet again)

There. Now that I have methodically proven. that I never said it would get me anywhere, I'll say what I said again. Toonces please release soon because Obi is my fav character. This does not in anyway imply I want it to come out before you want it to be, etc., etc.,etc. Oh and once again I am not advocating any persons who thinks this is rushing Toonces beliefs.
 El Sitherino
12-18-2002, 8:35 PM
though you have a nice vocabulary you are one stupid person. so what if he is your favorite you need to ****ING WAIT ok mace is my fav i had to wait for him so i think you can do the same.there are always issues that come up ok especially at the last minute. so once again SHUT THE **** UP!!!
 Enjoi9187
12-18-2002, 8:42 PM
i agree sith, but telling him to STFU is just going to get him on the offensive, and start a flame war *puts on flame retardent suit*
 El Sitherino
12-18-2002, 10:03 PM
eh dont worry if he flames i wont poor carosine into the fire by which i mean i wont repsond ill simply carry on about the thread and what not.
 -s/<itzo-
12-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Data

There. Now that I have methodically proven. that I never said it would get me anywhere, I'll say what I said again. Toonces please release soon because Obi is my fav character. This does not in anyway imply I want it to come out before you want it to be, etc., etc.,etc. Oh and once again I am not advocating any persons who thinks this is rushing Toonces beliefs.

be patient my grass hopper.

common man, people have other things to do before they cator to your every need.

just wait like the rest of us.

but the people took offense a little too seriously, you guys need to relax. don't start flamming each other over ignorant things like this. and telling him to STFU is really uncalled for.

keep this in mind (Mr. Data) in the future don't tell people to hurry up with their models. that really pisses people off and will start flame wars (can't have that here :tsk: ). so just let Toonces/Arco work in their own phase and just let them be.
 skywalker19
12-19-2002, 4:51 AM
ot: hey toonces,think ya could free up 2 or 3kb in your drivingcatstudios mailbox so i can email ya lol ;)
 Lord Tnuc
12-19-2002, 5:55 AM
I've been looking over screenshots of Star Wars: Galaxies, and I've noticed that nobody has made a male Twi'lek model for Jedi Outcast yet. I think a slightly skinnier, yet still fit Twi'lek than the one on Galaxies would be perfect for Jedi Outcast. ::Nudges Toonces.::

Anyway. Can't wait till Obi-Wan comes out. Keep up the good work, Toonces and crew.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-19-2002, 6:05 AM
Bloody hell man. Crap look around AAYLA is out DUR!!! ^_^ Toonces has enough projects as it is. I am sure he doesn't want to make a model thats already been done now would he? jkii.net search for Aayla :rolleyes:
Srry for off topic

I cant wait for this Toonces you guys rock!

Hellfire
 Lord Tnuc
12-19-2002, 6:30 AM
Aayla is a female Twi'lek. If you pay attention, you'll see that I said a male twi'lek. Meaning...not the same as Aayla.
 Enjoi9187
12-19-2002, 6:33 AM
also, toonces has another project hes working on, i cant remeber her name right now, but its the girl that misterpuch made that GREAT head for but didnt finish. Remeber? shes red, and kinda has a body (with robe) that looks like ivan ooze from power rangers ;)
 t3rr0r
12-19-2002, 9:31 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tnuc
I've been looking over screenshots of Star Wars: Galaxies, and I've noticed that nobody has made a male Twi'lek model for Jedi Outcast yet. I think a slightly skinnier, yet still fit Twi'lek than the one on Galaxies would be perfect for Jedi Outcast. ::Nudges Toonces.::
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/species/species_twilik_malecolor.jsp) :D
 Maester Windu
12-19-2002, 9:31 AM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187
the regular reborn isnt in the SP game, just MP

I think there are regular ones in SP, maybe it was on an easier difficulty but i defintely remember my first fight with a reborn was the normal orange one, i think there was a cutscene just before you fight it.
 Lord Tnuc
12-19-2002, 11:47 AM
That's the perfect one, T330r. Love ya man ;.; Now if only you can convince someone to model it >.>
 Hekx
12-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Maybe if you contact the modeller who made the Aayla model; and see if they can do some alterations to make a Male Twi'lek. Then hopefully someone can do a reskin of the model to make good old Bib Fortuna :D

No word from Toonces for a while. :(

Good things come to those who wait ;)
 SettingShadow
12-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
Good things come to those who wait ;)

Now remember that everyone, the wise words of Hekx

:D
 JediLoaf
12-19-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Maester Windu

I think there are regular ones in SP, maybe it was on an easier difficulty but i defintely remember my first fight with a reborn was the normal orange one, i think there was a cutscene just before you fight it.

You are talking about the bespin air vanes where you say "i sense a disturbance in the force, but theres something strange about it" then the reborn says "you will die" fight fight fight "he looked and fought like a jedi, but his power felt so warped"
 Toonces
12-19-2002, 3:04 PM
Release is imminent.

Should be within the hour (it's 4pm here now)
 master obi-wan
12-19-2002, 3:08 PM
hell yeah !! that is good news toonces !!!! verry good news !!! great work !!! :D love the models !!!

master obi-wan:aobi:
 rut-wa jodar
12-19-2002, 3:45 PM
Great work on all the models !!!

I have a two questions for you

1) Do you mind if i create bot files for your robed versions of Qui-gon And Mace.

2) Is it possible to have FFA robed bots in team games .
 Hekx
12-19-2002, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
Release is imminent.

Should be within the hour (it's 4pm here now) Good news Toonces :)
I just have a few questions:
Is Mars' skins of the Obi model going to be included like his work on the Kit Fisto model?
Is Arco's SP reborns / desann skin pack going to be released at a later date or with the MP model?That's all I can think of for now.
Good work :)
 MasterKoon237
12-19-2002, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
Release is imminent.

Should be within the hour (it's 4pm here now)

That, is the happiest thing i have ever heard in my entire life!

:koon: is the man
 Toonces
12-19-2002, 4:08 PM
I'm gonna need just a little longer, I'm having just a little trouble with the shaders, almost ready though
 El Sitherino
12-19-2002, 4:09 PM
ok toonces take all the time you need
 SpYzEr
12-19-2002, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by MasterKoon237

That, is the happiest thing i have ever heard in my entire life!

If so... what life?? :p Great news Toonces, take all the time you need :D
 MasterKoon237
12-19-2002, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by SpYzEr

If so... what life?? :p Great news Toonces, take all the time you need :D

was that supposed to insult me or go waaaaay over my head,or am i taking this to personally(I hope the 2nd or 3rd)?
 nomad
12-19-2002, 4:46 PM

was that supposed to insult me or go waaaaay over my head,or am i taking this to personally(I hope the 2nd or 3rd)?

LOL
Heh, based on the :p and the fact that SpYzer is around here quite a bit, I would say that he is just joking.
So, yeah... you're taking it too personal ;)

Here we go Toonces, here we go! CLAP CLAP

:lightning
 Lord Tnuc
12-19-2002, 4:50 PM
I don'tthink it was meant as an insult. I think it was moreso meant to make everyone laugh. Not at you, but with you, because if you are mature, you are able to laugh at yourelf about anything, I believe.
 SpYzEr
12-19-2002, 4:55 PM
No.. it was not meant as an insult. I'm sorry if it seemed to you like it was. No insult intended :D Again.. sry
 MasterKoon237
12-19-2002, 5:01 PM
you speak the words of a wise jedi master Lord Tnuc, even one as great as yoda himself! Except......"have the cool accent, you do not" LOL!

Edit: Did anybody get that?
 SpYzEr
12-19-2002, 5:02 PM
! Except......"have the cool accent, you do not" LOL!

??? :confused:
 El Sitherino
12-19-2002, 5:08 PM
how would you know if he has an accent not to mention they are words not speech so.....
 MasterKoon237
12-19-2002, 5:17 PM
Sorry! Sorry! i just tried to make a joke.....Tough crowd! *sob* It's cuz i'm a newbie isn't it!?
 El Sitherino
12-19-2002, 5:20 PM
i know im sorry i was just messin around tryna just take up time. you know. heh.:) woooooo
 MasterKoon237
12-19-2002, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
i know im sorry i was just messin around tryna just take up time. you know. heh.:) woooooo

I know how you feel. We all want the Obi-Wan model out( if that's your reason for bein bored, cuz it's sure as hell mine)! *nudges toonces* J/k! Take your time toonces!
 ExileSunday
12-19-2002, 8:52 PM
Ok, I have been coming to these forums for a long time, but have never felt the need to actually post here. I find the people quite entertaining enough. Anyways, Toonces, I love your work, its great. I am a huge fan of almost all of your projects, but (this is where the hatred from others will come in) I would prefer you not tell us a date at all instead of setting wrong dates and times.

Alright, I'm setting a final date, this Sunday at the LATEST all three will be out I'm going to try and release them one by one starting tommorow, but they will all be out by Sunday at the absolute latest (hopefully sooner)

That really got my hopes up. I understand that there are problems to be encountered, that is expected, but this afternoon your post within the hour post and then your need more time post really made me wonder. I am just learning not to trust your word, I feel it would be better not to set a time at all, and just let the people not worry about it. Or set a further date that you know you can make. Just my two cents.
Page: 8 of 10