Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Old Ben Kenobi

Page: 2 of 5
 <JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-11-2002, 4:01 AM
Wow, Kevin I am most impressed. I knew my hunch was right. You're quite a modeler. Let us know when this model is up on jkii.net. Thanks for the great model man. :D
 Eldritch
09-11-2002, 7:10 AM
I think the tabards (strips of cloth that lay over the shoulders and extend below the belt should be longer... I'm not sure as I haven't seen good reference shots of him, but I'll watch the OT again and take notes. I just seem to remember them being longer.
 hawk_of_war
09-11-2002, 10:34 AM
I hope that isn't the final skin. Obiwan's robe was a lot darker than that.

[edit]
Plus his shirt under the robe was white. If you reverse the colors on the clothing it would look much better.
 Eldritch
09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by KevinCoyle
I've Uvwmapped the model, and I've just started on the skins. Mostly all it is now is color with a few temperary lines I'm using to fit everything together and the make sure the robe lines up on the seperate parts. I know not all the lines line up yet, the robe is reversed on the torso in relation to the robe over the legs.

http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/jedimodels/benbody3.jpg)

Hawk of War,
Did you even read the post that accompanied the link? He clearly stated "I've just started on the skins." Read the posts next time before you ask a question that's *already* been answered.
 hawk_of_war
09-11-2002, 3:15 PM
Well, aren't we all high and mighty.
 Eldritch
09-11-2002, 3:59 PM
Just answering your question.
 KevinCoyle
09-11-2002, 5:08 PM
To hawk_of_war:

Yes, this isn't even close to the final skin. Also he isn't wearing the outer brown robe, just the white inner one, like in this picture
.benluke (http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/jedimodels/benluke.jpg)
I'm adding the brown robe later.

To Jedi_Anakin_S

Your right, the tabards are a bit longer, I'll fix them
 KevinCoyle
09-11-2002, 7:32 PM
to nomad: I'd like to hear what you put together for your soundpack. Do you think you could e-mail it to me? My e-mail address is KevinCoyle@nc.rr.com
 hawk_of_war
09-11-2002, 7:36 PM
When they where on the Death Star I coulda sworn he had a white shirt on with a brown robe, not 2 robes of differ colors and a brown shirt.
 hawk_of_war
09-11-2002, 7:40 PM
In the process of trying to confirm what I said I discovered that good old George screwed up on the costumes in the movie. There are actually times when his outer robe was grey in color rather than brown. By this point I'm so confused that you can do anything you want to and I won't complain.
 KevinCoyle
09-11-2002, 8:58 PM
Here's the latest Image. I've mostly been working on the skin, and made a few adjustments to the model here and there.

BenKenobi4 (http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/jedimodels/benbody4.jpg)
 keo718
09-11-2002, 9:02 PM
Looking nice. He could use a little more neck though.

edit: Also, his brown inner shirt goes around his neck, almost in turtleneck fashion.
 Eklin
09-12-2002, 8:13 PM
Sweet mother of Force that's an awesome model. I admit that I was a bit skepticle when I saw your first screen, but right now..... well *drools*

It's a perfect likeness to Sir Alec Guiness (may he rest in peace).

I can't wait to take on Vader with this guy.
 Eldritch
09-12-2002, 8:37 PM
It's coming along nicely, but he looks like he's from Holland (wooden shoes) with those shoes/boots whatever he's got. Hope when it's skinned this will be fixed. The length of the tabards looks about right now.
 SiThLoRd><1000
09-13-2002, 12:50 AM
I don't think it was George that errored Hawk...
 KevinCoyle
09-13-2002, 1:10 AM
I've done some more work on the skin, added definition and detail. Here's an updated shot.

benbody5 (http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/jedimodels/benbody5.jpg)
 §ith Lord
09-13-2002, 1:38 AM
Wow, thats quite an improvement. This Model Is looking very well indeed. my only complaint is his face is too blurry, and looks like a streched out photo pasted on the model. The robes however look wonderful.
 <JOTD>Jedi Hunter
09-13-2002, 5:58 AM
Well, me personally I have no complaints. It's looking awesome. And I hope you include a robed version. ;)
 frendon
09-13-2002, 8:38 AM
it is looking good, but also include a robed version please!!!!!
 fat_101
09-13-2002, 8:46 AM
was woundering what taunts hes gonna have (stupid question i guess)

if u strike me down..... blah blah
dont give into h8
may the force be with u always
trust in ur feelings
etc

FATTEH
 Eldritch
09-13-2002, 11:31 AM
I hate to dwell on the tabards, but I think they're too far apart from each other (below the belt) and also below the belt they appear skinnier than above the belt. Also take care to make sure that they appear more seperate from the bottom half of the model. Right now they just look like part of the skin.
 KevinCoyle
09-13-2002, 12:35 PM
I added his robe, no skin on it yet.

benbody6 (http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/jedimodels/benbody6.jpg)

The tabards are about that far apart in most of the reference pictures I'm using, and they're the same width below and above the belt but I think the problem is the edges of the tabards above the belt are not defined enough, I'll work on that next. You'll see what I mean once I fix the problem
 hawk_of_war
09-13-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SiThLoRd&gt;&lt;1000
I don't think it was George that errored Hawk...
:eyeraise:
 frendon
09-13-2002, 1:09 PM
wow!! the robed version looks awesome!!
 keo718
09-13-2002, 2:18 PM
Looking real good.
 Flamegrape
09-13-2002, 2:26 PM
Really good work so far! Keep it up!
 Darth-Nasty
09-13-2002, 2:28 PM
this model is looking really good now!

when i saw the first few pics i thought it was good but it has improved greatly

after seeing the latest pic with the robe i am really looking forward to the release:)
 SiThLoRd><1000
09-13-2002, 5:45 PM
Hawk,
I meant no offense. I'm just saying to pin things on people that are really our own mistakes is not cool.
 Scarlet Widow
09-13-2002, 7:25 PM
Just don't forget to make his body longer and in proportion, he looks like a midget right now :p

Looking good other than that...
 KevinCoyle
09-13-2002, 7:30 PM
A midget? I don't see how. His proportions are correctly set to the bones for a Jedi Knight 2 humanoid. If a make his body longer he won't fit the bones anymore.
 Toonces
09-13-2002, 7:41 PM
I'm not sure that's what Scarlet Widow meant exactly. I think keo nailed it though, you just have to slant his shoulders a little, he looks just a little too bulky up in the torso area, makes him look younger and stronger than the charecter is. You can cheat the Skeleton a little bit

The Textures look very nice, your doing a great job on Obi :D

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com)