Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future

Page: 4 of 5
 Redwing
08-28-2002, 3:21 AM
((OOS: Huh? Ken'atra has the Time Matrix. Why would he jump with it? What just happened there?

Argh...Death needs to post...she's been busy, and LucasForums has been down two days in a row the whole time she was on, and she wasn't on before that.

[me being on all day, didn't affect me]

edit: And naturally, the forums go down just as I want to edit this stupid thing...anyway disregard this, Deac read PM ^.^))

Rwos: What in seven hells? *looks around* I know this planet...it's called Atredis. It's...Deac's home planet...

*Rwos glances around and sees a figure slipping away. He recognizes it too late*

Ken'atra! He's been following us...he must have seen all of that...all of it...the Darkstar...

Flax! Odin!

*no answer. Rwos looks behind him to see his companions already embroiled in the fight. Just in time for the stormtroopers to notice him...*

Oh great.
 Deac
08-28-2002, 6:51 AM
* A man, looking similar to Deac rises above from behind a pile of rubble and rapidly fires at the stormtrooper squad*

Man: Come, fellows! Death to the Enemies of the House!

*The squad of Atredian soldiers drag the party behind cover*

Man: I'm Terrakon Starkiller, 3rd brother of Lord Talzion. Who, and what are you? *Points at Rwos* And how did you get here

*The comm beeps*

Comm: Be advised, Deac's protection squad was taken out...Deac has been sighted in your area..

Terrakon: All I need, my 10 year old nephew wandering out in a warzone...
 Redwing
08-28-2002, 7:04 AM
Rwos: Listen to me very carefully, because your family's future depends on it.

We are from the future. We have...followed a being named Ken'atra here via a time-traveling device called the Time Matrix. He has a powerful spirit named the Darkstar with him. They are here to kill your nephew, Deac Starkiller.
 Admiral
08-28-2002, 2:39 PM
Odin: Seems that Ken'atra is getting a little desprite. He didn't finish his job on my world. Now he comes here to destroy a child. Who would have guessed that this quest would be so much fun.
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-29-2002, 12:12 AM
*As Cracken regains his composure, the sound of blaster fire ignights his military training. he jumps behind a rock, using it for cover. he takes his sniper rifle out, and sets his sights. *BLAM* a stormtrooper got one to the head. as the battle progresses, many a dead stormtroopers were strewn about due to Cracken's crack skills.*
 Deac
08-29-2002, 6:28 AM
Terrakon: Darkstar? That must be...what Syrnl got...he was the firstborn, you know...he read into books on evil, he found a strange power, and is...with the empire...

We have a common goal. We must find Deac, otherwise all is lost...

------------------------------

*A young boy cowers behind a trashed speeder. His spirit suddenly picks up...he can see his father, but he is wounded. Another figure stands above his wounded father. A young man, only about 17...*

Talzion: You wouldn't kill me...or have you truly sold your soul?

*The man turns. Deac gasps...it's his older brother. He hasn't seen him since the argument*

Syrnl: I did not sell my soul, mearly loaned it. I get it back, and I get power...

*A voice that is not Syrnl's leaves his mouth...*

How does it feel to be finally beaten, Starkiller?
We'll meet again...sooner than you think...

*Syrnl stabs Talzion through the heart*
 Kuuki
08-29-2002, 10:44 AM
ill just wiat til this one's over, but i also might go into that spin off one :p

but for now ill just play minor characters here and there

*After cracken's assult on the squad of stormtroopers, all but a lone StormTrooper was left, in the open...

if you were too look closely you'd notice a small puddle around his ankles.*
 Admiral
08-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Odin: You all fail to see that it doesn't matter what happens to Deac, or any of us as long as we get the time Matrix. We then can stop Ken'atra from changing anything. Everything will revert back to the way it was.
 Redwing
08-29-2002, 8:07 PM
Rwos: Yes, but we cannot count on anything here, not even that we will be able to get the Time Matrix. The less damage we allow him to do, the better!
 Admiral
08-29-2002, 10:36 PM
Vidar: If we can't get the time matrix then there would be no point in sending us at all. Besides he failed at Asgard. He didn't stop the peace process. He can't kill us, so we have the advantage. If necessary we will just have to wear him down untill we can take him.
 Redwing
08-30-2002, 12:38 AM
Rwos: He could still damage history, perhaps beyond our ability to fix it. And he didn't fail at Asgard - he left before doing anything. The Darkstar had to have warned him and convinced him that killing Deac Starkiller would alter this. And since Deac is no longer under the protection we are, it could work!
 Admiral
09-01-2002, 1:10 PM
Vidar: He didn't do anything on Asgard he left which means he failed. Whether he returns is another story, for now my people are at peace. Remember once we have the time matrix we can go back to the time before he found it. We stop him again before he get hold of the time matrix. Then he will no longer be able make the changes.

Look at it this way if I go back in time and kill myself, I would no longer exist in the future. Because of that I wouldn't be able to go back in time to kill myself, as such time would remain unchanged.

Odin: It doesn't matter, we need to stop Ken'atra, the sooner the better. When we stop him we will then posses the time matrix.

Now if you don't mind we can continue this debate another time. We are here to stop Ken'atra, and acquire the time matrix. Now if you please, either be quite or say something that will help us accomplish our goal and get back home.
 Deac
09-01-2002, 2:44 PM
Terrakon: It sounds to me that if Deac dies today, you might never meet. So do me a favour and keep him alive...

[Deac never goes to Cantina, never meets Rwos, Rwos leaves shortly after arriving. Deac never meets Odin, Odin stays on Aesir, Cracken never tries to sway Deac to his side, Ragnarok never happens.]

Comm: Lord Terrakon?

Terrakon: Yes?

Comm: Lord Talzion has fallen.

*Terrakon kneels and begins to weep*

--------------------

*Syrnl bends over his dead father. Deac screams.*

Young Deac: You monster! You killed Dad!

Syrnl: Deac...come with me. You can be a lord too. Would you like that?

*Syrnl grabs Deac and holds his face close to his*

See the power I hold? You could have something like it!

Deac: I have a power already...

*Deac's steel toe capped boot goes straight into Syrnl's groin, allowing Deac to run away. Syrnl, says the words he will say time and again over his life for the first time*

Syrnl: Owwww! Curse you Deac Starkiller!
 Admiral
09-01-2002, 3:22 PM
Vidar: Which in turns means that there would be no holocaust, Ken'atra would never get the time matrix which means never come back here to kill Deac, which means Deac would live and the events would then happen. [Ragnorak will happen, it may be delayed but it can't be stopped]

You have a choice, stop crying help us or watch Deac die. I give you 10 seconds to decide.
 Redwing
09-01-2002, 8:35 PM
((OOS: Nice downtime there...well I'm relaying a message from Death about four days late. Her computer has a virus, and it won't be fixed till Monday which is...tomorrow. *shrugs* She might not be online here till Tuesday. She says for Deac to do what he thinks best if she doesn't show up in time.))

Rwos: I know some things about this Time Matrix; I always considered it a fanciful myth, but obviously - anyway, the Time Matrix protects the user in the time stream. Ken'atra cannot kill himself using the Time Matrix. Even if he removes any possibility of his existence from this reality - he will still exist, and everything he has done with the Time Matrix will remain unchanged.

Because of...whatever that creature did to us...we are also under the Time Matrix' protection. Ken'atra cannot harm us but he can now erase Deac from existence and I am NOT going to allow that to happen!

*Rwos collars Terrakon, eyes glowing* It's been twenty seconds. Are you going to help us or not?

(( edit: called Terrakon 'Talzion' :animelol: ))
 Admiral
09-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Odin: Lord, if you people don't shut up, then Ken'atra will do whatever he wants. So for the final Time SHUT UP or add something useful.
 Redwing
09-02-2002, 2:42 AM
Rwos: *to Odin* This isn't Asgard, so take your own advice and be silent. *to Terrakon, who is still sobbing* Terrakon! Listen to me! *shakes him* Do you want to save your nephew or not? Talzion may be dead, but as long as his son lives, the Starkiller legacy will carry on. That's what you care about, isn't it?

*Rwos hopes he'd guessed right*
 Deac
09-02-2002, 9:37 AM
*Terrakon fills with rage, and stands. He says nothing to the party, only grabs a weapon and steps up to the battlements. *

Terrakon: Deac was last seen in the courtyard. Check there.

*He fires over the battlements, killing several stormtroopers*

I have to secure the gates...it was Talzion's last order. Never let this Castle fall...

-----------------------

The battlements! I'll be safe there!

*Deac runs towards the battlement access stairs, but is barred by a Stormtrooper, who raises his blaster at Deac's shaking head...*
 Admiral
09-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Odin: Well come on, if you want to save your friend we better move. Lets go.
 Redwing
09-03-2002, 2:56 AM
*Rwos flies around the courtyard, knocking over stormtroopers that fire at him. He catches sight of a form, too short to be a warrior, entering a small door under one of the castle's battlements. A stormtrooper was raising his blaster at it...Rwos roars and swoops towards the figure, eyes glowing*
 Deac
09-03-2002, 12:03 PM
*The stormtrooper notices Rwos*

Trooper: What the-!?

*Deac whacks the trooper in the groin, and he falls backwards, dropping his blaster. Deac takes it and raises it.*

I hate you...horrible men...

*Deac shakes, and as the Trooper begins to try and grab the blaster, Deac fires. The trooper falls dead. Deac has killed for the first time. He then looks up to see Rwos flying round*

An angel...?
 Admiral
09-03-2002, 3:07 PM
Odin: Come Vidar

Odin and Vidar, rush after Rwos, Killing Stormies as the approached. Reaching Deac.

Odin: Come Deac you're in danger, and we must move.
 Cmdr. Cracken
09-03-2002, 8:09 PM
*Cracken follows the group, covering the rear. Storm troopers continue to pursue, Cracken taking them down as quick as they come. as the group halts, Cracken musters enough Force power to block the entrace*
 Redwing
09-03-2002, 9:22 PM
*Rwos and Deac reach the top of the battlement ahead of the others*

Rwos: Deac Starkiller...we are from the future. Your future. A great evil has traveled through time to hurt you....we are here to stop it... To protect you.
 Deac
09-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Are you...an angel? Like good version of what Syrnl has in him? Dad said that we had a history of dealing with angels and demons. He didn't tell me why... and now the Empire is trying to kill us...why won't they just leave me alone?

------------------------------

*Terrakon fights with troopers on the battlements, further from the party. Suddenly there is a respite, and a familiar figure walks toward him*

Terrakon: You. Why are you here? To kill me too?

Syrnl: Then I become the Lord of Atredis.

Terrakon: A Darkstar will never be the Lord of Atredis

*Draws blade*

I hate killing family.

Syrnl: I have no family... and that weapon will be useless.

*Tosses Terrakon a lightsaber*

Here, I'll only use one blade. Give you a chance...
 BattleDog
09-04-2002, 5:31 PM
*Flax half senses, half sees Synl.*

*It appears that now that they are closer to their own time the party's abilities are partialy restored.*

((OSS: This seems reasonable, if it isn't then just disregard.))

Flax: Suppose we can't use the timematrix for some reason, while we're here we might as well make some changes of our own.

*Flax draws his sword and cleaves a pair of troopers in half.*
 Redwing
09-04-2002, 10:18 PM
((OOS: Our abilities changing had nothing to do with the time period. Besides they weren't removed, just dulled. With you, Cracken, Deac, Starr, Odin and Vidar, your bodies were altered.

Presumably, once one of us captures the Time Matrix, we'll all revert back to normal; full power, no immortality, no tug.

Oh and I talked to Death today...she won't be able to access these forums for three months. -.- Dunno if she can use AIM - if so she says I can keep her updated via AIM, and she can relay Ken'atra's actions to me - if she isn't able to do that then somehow she'll remove her character))

Rwos: ...I'm not an angel. *Rwos didn't mention that his kind were more often thought of as demons in the past* I think your father was being poetic...

Wait a moment. "A good version of what Syrnl has in him?"

Deac doesn't have the Starkiller avatar yet.

*Rwos' eyes widen*

The Darkstar didn't bring Ken'atra here to kill Deac. It came here to possess him.

Deac, we have to get you out of here. Far away from here. *Rwos anxiously glances around, and in doing so spots Syrnl on an adjacent battlement*

Him!
 Deac
09-05-2002, 12:38 PM
*Syrnl fights, and feels a familiar presence enter his mind...*

What are you doing here...you're me?
I'm from the future. Our time has finally come. Deac is the one we want!
I'm not just going to die!

You don't have to. There will be 2 of us now...

*A black spirit leaves Syrnl and heads toward a terrified Deac*

Deac: You are an angel! Help me!
 BattleDog
09-05-2002, 4:02 PM
Flax: We can't just keep jumping around like this, we need to find this flaming Sith Lord!
 Redwing
09-06-2002, 12:43 AM
Rwos: Resist it! No matter what it tells you, no matter what it makes you see, it can't take you unless you let it! *Rwos ignites his lightsword, as if it would do any good. If only he had his damned teleporter*
 Deac
09-06-2002, 1:33 PM
*Deac cowers as the darkness moves ever toward him, and he falls unconscious. As the Darkstar senses an easy victory, it is blocked from entering Deac...by the Starkiller*

You cannot have him. There can only be one. You have Syrnl.

Don't command me!

If it were not for me, you would never exist!

And if it were not for me...then half of your host would never have been born. Deac shall die today then!
 Cmdr. Cracken
09-06-2002, 5:26 PM
*Cracken comes behind Rwos*
While i hope you find this Avatar to Avatar heart to heart talk charming, i suggest we do something.
 Redwing
09-07-2002, 4:16 AM
((Death and I wrote this post via AIM instant message. The parts that she or I wrote are indicated...just disclaimer ;)

The flashback takes place just before the jump to Atredis - which it turns out Ken'atra went to because he heard the Starkiller mention it, and this battle was recorded in the Renare database. The Darkstar apparently just followed the Time Matrix' jump contrary to what Rwos thought))

Several Minutes Ago

Ken'atra

*Atredis...hmm...well it should be interesting. Oh but how glad he is he stopped to watch all this! Such a spectacle! Such a show of drama! If it weren't for the fact that they were there to stop him he might just find them too amusing to destroy.* Torture and kill me twice. Such high hopes. *he chuckles slightly* But no matter, there is work to be done. *he takes out the Time Matrix and concentrates on his next target. Once he's there he walks away*

Present

Rwos

*Rwos takes advantage of the Avatars' argument and scoops up the unconscious Deac. He leaps off the battlement and flies over the castle edge. Stormtroopers shoot at him, but he quickly clears the wall and escapes their range, putting a wall between him and the fight. He looks down to see where he is going...and recognizes the lone figure below him.

It is Ken'atra.*

Ken'atra

*His eyes wander up to see a flying creature. Oh, it's one of them! How interesting. He smiles and waves at him before sending a shockwave through the Force right at him*

Rwos

*Rwos stares at the figure in astonishment for about a millisecond. Then he is hit, hard, by some invisible force. He tumbles from the sky, dropping Deac. He barely manages to catch the child and shield him with his own body before he hits the ground, hard.*

Ken'atra

*Walks over to him and kneels next to him* Stay out of my way, you and your whole group. Or next time I will do more than make you tumble out of the sky. *Looks at the 10 year old child and runs his fingers down his cheek* To be young...to be innocent... *pulls his hand away and walks off*

Rwos

*Rwos groans and tries to move his body. He can't. Great...now he was stuck. He manages to call after Ken'atra*

Why...are you doing this?

Wait...he hasn't killed Deac. Isn't that the point of his being here?

Ken'atra

*He stops, but doesn't turn. His voice holds the slightest hint of sorrow* To regain what I have lost.

Rwos

...What? Why are you here? What have you lost?

Ken'atra

*Looks at him over his shoulder* Now that, my dear, is none of your business.

Rwos

Rwos: You heard what that lizard creature said, didn't you...you know we're going to kill you.

Ken'atra

I am not afraid of death. The eternal sleep even seem comforting at times. But I cannot die...not when there still is a chance to right the wrong that has been done to me.

Rwos

Right wrong!? Weren't you Reletha Darkstar's apprentice? Practically a Sith?

Ken'atra

That would be I.

Rwos

*Rwos tries to move again. His physical regeneration is kicking in. At least that still worked*

I know what will happen to you, Ken'atra. You're going to fail. The galaxy will be ten times worse than the one you came from...and all because of your interference. That's why we are here! To stop you from doing that.

If you think I'm lying...explain to yourself how we got here. We didn't touch the Time Matrix. Yet we followed you from Asgard to here, and you didn't know it, but we were on Renare with you, too.

Ken'atra

I care not for the rest of the universe. How dare you even think that you understand what my purpose is. You know nothing. I am not the villain here.

Rwos

Then stop this! There has to be a better way than just killing everyone...Ken'atra, is this because of the Holocaust? There is a better way. I was directly involved...I know how to stop it!

Ken'atra

How dare you?! *Spins around the Force trembles around him as his anger is felt* I have spent a long time searching for a so called better way! There is no better way! Everyone must die! *his eyes turns deadly calm and icy* Everyone will die

Rwos

You don't have to. If you do just one thing, save one person, the Holocaust won't happen. I give you my word. Let me help you, Ken'atra.

Ken'atra

*For a slight moment he looks like he might say all right, but then his eyes turn cold and he flips his hair in a 'I'm better than you' manner* I do not trust you. And I don't need help. *Turns and walks off*

Rwos

*calls after him* Ken'atra! You're making a mistake. *Rwos tries to get up, but he still hasn't healed. His back had probably broken. He could feel it healing; the bones in his back were shifting, but he was still incapacitated* What the hell do you think you're going to try to do here? *he yells after Ken'atra's receding form, frustrated* You're making a big mistake!

Dammit.
 Deac
09-07-2002, 7:59 AM
Terrakon. I am what give your family it's name. I offer you my help. Let me in, Terrakon, and save Deac

Terrakon: I trust you...come in!

*Terrakon glows white in a blinding light, stunning Syrnl. Terrakon leaps past Deac toward Ken'atra*

Terrakon: Darkstar...let us do battle here!

*Syrnl stares down at the battle.*

Syrnl: I should never have bothered. I cannot capture this castle...all troops! To transports! Star Destroyer DarkBlade!-prepare for orbital bombardment!
 Admiral
09-07-2002, 11:16 AM
*Odin and Vidar rush to Rwos, catching the parting words of Ken'atra.*

Vidar: Are you alright?

Odin: What happened, why didn't Ken'atra kill you and Deac?
 Redwing
09-07-2002, 6:15 PM
((OOS Deac remember Ken'atra doesn't have the Darkstar; Rwos was wrong))

Rwos: *groans and twists his body* I don't know. He wouldn't tell me. He warned me to stay away...

He said he wanted to "right the wrong" that had been done to him.
 Deac
09-08-2002, 1:17 PM
*Syrnl stares at the glowing Terrakon*

Syrnl: However...

*Syrnl throws his lightsaber into Terrakon's back, killing him. The Avatar leaves his body and vanishes rapidly*
 Cmdr. Cracken
09-08-2002, 10:30 PM
*Cracken looks up, he see's small flares of green go off, and becme brighter.*

Look, this is very nice, but we'd better move. knowing Imperial operating procedure, if they cannot capture something, they burn it to the ground via orbital bombard....
*a green flash is seen not to far away, and a large explosion goes off*
yeah, let's GO.
 Redwing
09-09-2002, 1:29 AM
Rwos: I can't move. Go after Ken'atra!
 Deac
09-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Ken'atra has been successful...Deac will die here, now...

Not entirely correct, Darkstar...

What?!

You see, Deac without me is protected. So therefore, this applies to the entire timeline. Which means you can do nothing further here...
 Admiral
09-09-2002, 2:26 PM
Odin: Then we shall carry you. Lets move.
 BattleDog
09-09-2002, 3:49 PM
Flax: So what do we do now? Until Ken'etra jumps again we're stuck here. Unless we find a shuttle and get up to that stardestroyer, then we could try and stop the bombardment.
 Redwing
09-09-2002, 10:06 PM
((OOS: Deac, the Starkiller is wrong - 11 year old Deac hasn't had his quanta altered to give him protection, but if the Darkstar is that gullible...hey...:D))

Rwos: What we do now? If they slag this place and manage to kill us and Ken'atra in the process, the Time Matrix won't jump again, we won't be resurrected, and we'll be stuck in limbo for eternity unless someone by some incredible chance happens to find it. So I'd say, yes, we need to STOP the bombardment!

There should be shuttles in the hangars, which are below the castle. *points to the lower part of the hill the castle is located on* Go now - I'll catch up once I heal...
 Cmdr. Cracken
09-10-2002, 8:11 AM
*Cracken is already gone. running toward a docked TIE Fighter, he starts up the engines. the Ion engine whine can be heard from the hanger, and the fighter moves slowly off the ground, suddenly picking up drastic speed. the turbo laser fire form orbit is getting heavier.

he turn the fighter toward the direction the mad man went running. he can't out run him now. He'd pay for screwing up his plans in the present.*
 Deac
09-10-2002, 1:43 PM
*Deac awakens*

Where am I...who are you...why am I not at home?

(This explains the recent continuity lapses. Deac no longer remember's Syrnl is his brother, and that sets up for Cantina 4)

-------------------------
*Syrnl strolls round the bridge of his star destroyer*

Syrnl: How goes the bombardment?

Tech: Planetary shield is down. If they raise it, we will be unable to do lasting damage

Executive Officer: May I remind you command has ordered us to a raid in Sullust

Syrnl:Then get this done quickly!
 BattleDog
09-10-2002, 5:16 PM
*hops in a Z-95 and races out of the hanger, opening the s-foils before he is even two metres off the ground.*

*Flax head towards the SD with his guns primed.

*To Cracken, over comm* run interferance for me, I've got some torps here, I'm going for the targeting array.*

Good job the imps built these old SDs on a budget with only the basics.
 Admiral
09-10-2002, 6:58 PM
((Battledog the Z-95 doesn't have s foils, or at least they can't be opened. Wrong fighter. ))

Vidar, Raced to the hanger and grab a shuttle. Then went back To Odin and Rwos. Odin refused to leave a comrade wounded in battle.
 Redwing
09-10-2002, 8:34 PM
((Some modified versions can, Admiral - but everyone, this is considerably before Alderaan timeline-wise, so don't make technology uberadvanced ala RotJ - no TIE Interceptors, etc, please ;)))

Rwos: You don't remember? *looks at him oddly* Deac, you are home. This is your father's castle on Atredis, and your father...

I can't tell him.
 Cmdr. Cracken
09-11-2002, 12:24 PM
8Cracken hears the com, go off, but switches it off. he could end this here and now. Ken'atra was only about 10 clicks away and closing. he'd vape his sorry ass, grab the time matrix, and win this silly little game. as Ken'atra came into view, he fired his lasers, blasting craters all around Ken'atra.*
 Deac
09-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Deac: He's dead...

*Deac begins to cry softly. Several Atredian soldiers move toward him and Rwos, including a medic*

Medic: I don't know who you are, but thankyou. Were moving to the underground layers. The bombardment has started. Can you move?

---------------------

Tech: Sir, several ships are leaving the planet, mostly fighters. They are heading toward us..

Syrnl: Only fire if fired upon. Save ourt cannons for the planet.
Page: 4 of 5