Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future

Page: 3 of 5
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-17-2002, 11:34 AM
*Cracken sighs...he softly mutters something only he can hear*
I'm sorry father... i have failed you.....
*Finishing his current cigarette, he sits down, looking midly dejected.*
 Admiral
08-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Odin: Rwos, my people of course made the prophecies. We don't need to go back in time, they are still alive. When we reach Bifrost, we are going to the spaceport, and check which ships are there. Then we are going to watch the ones that have weapons. Ken'atra will go for one of those. Ken'atra won't jump again until his finished what he has come here for.

*Starr and Deac jump out*

Odin : [in a suspicous voice, and angery] Cracken, what the hell is your apprentice doing?

*After Rwos's question, Odin remebers what he had to go through all those long years ago to gain this knowledge of the end*
 Redwing
08-18-2002, 12:55 AM
Starr: Fool! You think you can stop me?

*Starr turns and sends an blast of destructive Force power heading at Deac*

----------

*Rwos leaps up and draws his saber* Answer, Cracken, unless you want to lose your head!
 Deac
08-18-2002, 1:01 PM
*Deac blocks the destruction with a wave of his hand*

A force battle? With all the powers we both weild?

*Deac raises the sword high above his head and slashes at Starr*

------------------------------------

It is as I have forseen. Kill him
 Admiral
08-18-2002, 1:21 PM
Vidar: Come one Cracken, I'm very curious why we shouldn't kill you right now.
 Redwing
08-18-2002, 7:53 PM
((OOS: Deac, your Force powers are "nerfed" for the duration of the chase along with everyone else's (it was supposed to stop anyone from having an unfair advantage...in theory). Except Starr now has the avatar. Of course, you're part android, so you probably still have an advantage))

Forget it! I'm not ready to take such foolish risks!

Starr lowers his hand. "Ah yes, you're the cyborg one...you still have a chance at beating me... In that case... I simply won't waste my time dealing with you!"

*With that, Starr Force speeds away, vanishing*

Darkstar! Tell me! Where can I find Reletha's heir?

----------

Rwos: Stop the speeder! Turn it around!
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-19-2002, 12:54 AM
*Cracken is sitting, staring into nothing.*

It's Darkstar. he managed to hitch a ride with Deac somehow. Starr, my apprentice.... he... he accepted an offer which i even refused. an offer of power beyond my wildest dreams... i feared Darkstar would destroy what my father had built... and now i fear he will. I've failed...
*Cracken just sits, head toward the ground.*
 Admiral
08-19-2002, 1:08 AM
Odin: You're only telling us this now. Not only have you put endangered your fathers actions, but may have doomed every one here.
 Redwing
08-19-2002, 1:13 AM
The Darkstar...

No. Not again!

*Rwos leaps out of the still-moving speeder, opening his wings*
 Deac
08-19-2002, 1:56 PM
[Redwing: You forget that when Deac died, his soul reached the upper planes, and came back with the Starkiller Avatar]

You are blind to your power, Starr. You do not sense me within Deac?

*Deac hurls after Starr, barely touching the ground as he runs, almost flying*

-------------------------------

Reletha's heir is preparing to jump. This part of the plan is almost failed...I believe I know where her next target is...
 BattleDog
08-19-2002, 4:33 PM
*Flax comes to*

Flax: Where the SITH am I, and what's going on?
 Admiral
08-19-2002, 4:55 PM
Vidar: Father flax is awake.

Odin: Welcome back, cracken will fill you in, I'm busy.
 Redwing
08-19-2002, 9:07 PM
((OOS: I did forget, and Deac...neglected to mention it to the others :D))

Well? What is it? Where?

*Deac comes 'flying' after him*

What in the Force? How is he doing this!

*another voice spoke in Starr's mind* You are blind to your power, Starr. You do not sense me within Deac?

What? DARKSTAR! What is he doing!?

----------

*Rwos sees Deac and Starr, receding faster than he could follow*

Dammit!

Hold...how did Deac do that? Do they both have the avatars now?

*Rwos turned back in midair to the speeder and landed in it* We have to turn around and---Flax, you're awake.

We're on Odin's home planet. Four thousand years in the past.
 Admiral
08-20-2002, 1:14 PM
Odin: If we do that then we can't catch Ken'atra.
 BattleDog
08-20-2002, 4:54 PM
Flax right lets see *counts off points on fingers.*

We're imortal

Deac is the Starkiller

Starr is the Darkstar

Crackan is a chain smoker

And we're on Asgaurd, about 2000 years before we were born?

Well, since we can't use the force.... *pulls out blasters, disgards robes and puts on duel holsters and a trenchcoat.*

Lock and load.
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-20-2002, 5:05 PM
*As blasters are handed out, Cracken finds his weapon type of old. A Sniper Rifle. He loads the blaster cartige and a cigarette. *
 BattleDog
08-20-2002, 7:28 PM
Flax: So what now?
 Redwing
08-20-2002, 7:53 PM
Rwos: *gets annoyed at the cigarette smoke but says nothing* I think you can still use the Force...just far less powerful. I can't use magic as well either...*refuses a blaster* But I already have more weapons at my disposal than a lightsword.

*to Flax* Now we're trying to find Ken'atra...he's got the Time Matrix. He's also very powerful with the Force. Odin thinks he knows where he is going.
 Admiral
08-20-2002, 10:53 PM
Odin: Bah, blasters such primative weapons. What you need is a true sword not a lightsaber. Besides Ken'atra is can deflect bolts.

Flax while all of you haven't been born I have.
 Death
08-21-2002, 2:32 AM
*Ken’atra stops suddenly on his way as a strong power sources catches his attention. He reaches out with his senses and pin points where the power source is coming from. He twists the strand of hair around his fingers as he tries to decide on what to do now. Should he satisfy his curiosity or continue on with the plan?* Hmmm…decisions, decisions… If I go then I’ll loose time and if I don’t then it will distract me for a long time. *Blast his curiosity, it’s a rather annoying thing, much like the strand of hair (although not as irritating). He smirks and his fangs glint in the light* Then again…I have all the time I’ll ever need. *He soon finds his way to a rather…interesting group, but they do not see him yet. He whispers to himself* Well now, isn’t this interesting.
 Deac
08-21-2002, 7:51 AM
*Deac comes to rest near Starr*

He's just like you, Starr. You are equal...

That is why you have been defeated far more times than I have, is it?

At least I didn't surrender to the might of the Aeges.

I didn't. I went for a rest. And at least I wasn't taken by a bunch of Demons to the lower planes..

At least my first host wasn't a wussy orphan

At least my first host didn't get dismembered by an axe of healing!

Will you Avatars knock it off!

*Silence*

Thankyou...now Starr, you die!

*Charges*
 BattleDog
08-21-2002, 1:29 PM
Flax: *to Odin* A real Sword?

*Flax draws a 3 foot broad sword with a rope like pattern running down the blade. The hilt is covered in braided leather thongs. The gaurd and pommel are decorated with runes and more rope like patterns. While the gaurd and pommel are bronze the blade is some dark form of steal, shining almost as dark as ebony.*

Flax: Real enough?
 Admiral
08-21-2002, 2:30 PM
((Battledog: the hilt includes the cross guard, and pomme and grip. I think you meant grip had leather thongs not the entire hilt. If you have questions about parts of swords go here: http://eversad.drakianblade.com/viewtopic.php?t=289) ))

Odin: It looks nice, but if you read the runes, it is a sword for cermony, Steel can't stand up against a lightsaber. If you would return the sword to it's compartment in the transport, Vidar will give you a proper sword.

Vidar: Sure gives flax a sword , the blade is made of a mineral that resits lightsabers. The runes in the fuller read: Lightsaber Eater. These blades are extermly light and durable. Since they don't glow they are better suited for stealth operations. This paticular one is a long sword, meausring in at 45 inches. Enjoy.
 BattleDog
08-21-2002, 5:52 PM
((OSS: Thanks Admiral, I had a complete brain fart, couldn't remember anything))

Flax: Actually, that happens to be my sword, My Ancestors didn't believe in ceremonial Swords, that sword was passed down from generation to generation. As for the blade, thats no ordinary steel, infact it's not really steel at all.

*Flax takes the sword back*

*Flax swings at a granite boulder. The stone sparks as the blade hits it, then it is sliced neatly in two.*

*Flax smiles* The father of the Lightsaber, infused with the force.*
 Admiral
08-21-2002, 7:19 PM
((Battledog, no one took Flax's sword...Odin/vidar just told him to put it away. I thought it was impossible to have nonliving objects infused with the power of the Force. I also thought your character just had a blaster, and saber. where did pull this sword from?))

Odin: Flax never do that again, while on my planet. And for the last time, put the sword away. That goes to everyone, keep all weapons either in the scabbard, or holsterd.

Vidar: Your ancestors seem to have used the wrong runes. At least those runes have different meaning for my people. Why are you carrying around a family heirloom?
 Redwing
08-21-2002, 8:31 PM
((OOS: Battledog, Flax is actually still in his starfighter pilot suit, unless Odin gave him other clothes. Did he have a leg scabbard or something?

I assume that since we're hitting boulders, we've stopped the speeder.))

*Rwos looks around distractedly* Firstly, I'm carrying around ceremonial swords myself. But mine are considerably more portable than these...and if you're about done, then we need to move. Are we going to try and separate Starr and Deac, or are we going to keep going after Ken'atra?

And what, exactly are we going to do if we find him?

----------

*Starr does not have time to pull his lightsaber. He reacts on instinct, using one of the unusual Force techniques he specializes in. Bright green intangible particles flash from his hands and strike Deac in the eyes, blinding him.

Starr rolls away, clicking a metal component on his arm and firing a wrist rocket at Deac's head.
 Admiral
08-21-2002, 8:54 PM
((Odin just threw him on the transport, in the same clothes, for that matter all have on the same clothes.))

Odin: I say lets kill him. Take the time matrix, go back to just before he found it, then kill him again.
 Redwing
08-22-2002, 12:37 AM
Rwos: That's the problem, though. We don't know where or even when he found the Time Matrix. And we don't know anything at all about him except his name and that he was trained by Reletha Darkstar, who is, or was, Deac's neice. And in my fifteen-second encounter with him...I can safely say he's far more powerful than she is. You were all unconscious when we landed in front of him...he picked up all of us simultaneously and casually threw us about a hundred feet. With a little wave of his hand, as if it was nothing. And I was resisting. *turns* Now I can assure you that no other Jedi or Sith that I have seen is able to do that. Especially to an active person. And that's at full power, which we are all not at. Not even the two Avatars back there. *Rwos glances behind them at Starr and Deac, fighting in the distance*

((OOS: Battledog, are you going to join us in the Cantina spinoff RPG?))
 Admiral
08-22-2002, 11:13 AM
Odin: Or we get a transport, grab some ysammarlie (no idea how you spell it, creatures that block the force). Then proceed to torture Ken'atra untill he tells us where the time matrix was. Then kill him twice.
 Deac
08-22-2002, 1:45 PM
*The wrist rocket hits Deac's head at a bad angle, moving straight through the circuitry that gave Deac his augmentation control. His extra strenghs are gone until it can be repaired. Deac turns in a rage*

All you can destroy is the machine...

*He drops unexpectantly to his knees...*

Warning! Life support system failing...

*Deac throws his sword at Starr's feet, knocking him down and wounding them*

Self destruct engaged...10...

We die together. You shouldn't have done that...

*An explosion rips from Deac, causing a dust cloud, which after a few minutes begins to settle*
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-22-2002, 2:13 PM
*Cracken, blind to most of his Force powers, grabs a pair of bonoculars from Flax, and procedes to scan the battle field where Starr and Deac were fighting. He can't see much, and the dust hasn't settled much. His sniper rifle slung over his back, he tosses the bonoculars to Flax, and begins to make way to the battle field.*
 Redwing
08-22-2002, 7:21 PM
((Ysalamiri, I believe))

Rwos: If they killed themselves, it doesn't matter. They'll reappear when we next jump. It---

*a voice comes from behind Rwos* Actually, they won't.

*Rwos whirls, recognizing the voice.

A familiar semi-dinosaurian creature is standing there.*

Rwos: You! What are you doing here? What are you talking about?

Creature: *grins coyly* Deac won't be coming back.
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-22-2002, 11:56 PM
*Cracken walked cautiously through the smoke, rifle at the ready. he slowly walked, and heard a moaning. He headed toward the sound, and found Starr, his body failing.*

Starr: I'm...... *cough* sorry....

It's alright, young one. You have done me a favor. Rest now....

*Cracken, unflinching, fired a single shot, ending Starrs suffering.

As he sat down, Cracken lit another cigarette, and wiped a single tear from his eye. he took Starr's Lightsaber, and holstered it next to his.*
 Deac
08-23-2002, 8:24 AM
*Standing amongst the ashes and circuitry that was once Deac, the Starkiller weeps softly and picks up his re-inforced skull.*

He should not have ended here...not again...

* A golden figure leaves the skull, smiling and heads upwards. The Starkiller moves over to Rwos*

You have bourne an Avatar before, Termand Rwos. You were not the correct host, but I offer you a chance to make sure Deac did not die in vain. It was always his will, that, should he die, I was to join with you, if you so wish.
 Redwing
08-23-2002, 5:32 PM
*The Creature throws back his head and laughs*

You avatars. So delightfully stupid. Especially for so-called "higher beings".

The deal here was for all of you *motioning to Rwos and the others* to intercept the Time Matrix. Not the five of you plus a Darkstar plus a Starkiller. Deac and Starr accepted avatars...which lost them their protection. Transformed their molecular makeup, if you want to get piddly. After I went through all that trouble to dim their powers. *sigh* Naughty, naughty. Didn't they teach you in school that cheaters never prosper? It's sad, really. They had such high potential for chaos. *hideous grin*

Go ahead, Termand Rwos. Accept the avatar.
 Admiral
08-24-2002, 12:30 AM
Odin and Vidar watch the spetecal with amuesment.
 BattleDog
08-24-2002, 8:15 AM
((OSS: Flax was wearing his Jedi robes, he's since ditched the outer robe. As to the sword, well Flax carries a certain amount of kit around with him))

Flax: *Sheaves the sword* *To Odin*Sorry about that, the runes are incomplete, a result the sword never being finished, however that is too complicated to go into.

Now what do we do without Deac?
 Deac
08-24-2002, 12:16 PM
*The Starkiller scowls*

Craynor... don't you have some gods to annoy? Don't make me get Father...

*It turns to Rwos* I can shield you, Termand. It can't destroy me without hundreds of angry Aeges coming down on it like falling star... and we can still bring back Deac...

*The interest of the party is peaked*

We're going after the time matrix...and we can get them back from whatever period of history we want...and as for your "deal" Craynor, count us...Me, Termand, Flax, Odin, Cracken. That's four. The deal was five. If anything, we get another team member.
 Redwing
08-25-2002, 4:20 AM
((((OOS: @ Deac: You forgot Vidar, and the deal didn't involve numbers.
And the creature didn't mean he could destroy the Starkiller - but that if Rwos accepted the Starkiller, he would no longer be immortal. (Everyone else in the party is temporarily unkillable)
I should point out that the Darkstar was able to go through time by following Deac's soul when it came back with the Starkiller, as it was me who established that it followed them))

*the creature scowls at the Starkiller* My master Craynor's terms were clear. Two teams, one his, one yours. The deal was that they would have equal Force powers, and no member would be powerful enough to face Ken'atra alone. And no interference from either side.

Then you saw fit to possess, to "join with" Deac, and the Darkstar, who is one of you (and hence not my problem) "joined with" one of my master's team. Then you destroyed each other's hosts, something which I must admit I-

Rwos: Will you stop! We need to get to Ken'atra! Isn't that what you want? For us to retrieve the Time Matrix? You haven't frozen time here - he could be anywhere by now!

*the creature turns to Rwos* Very well, Termand Rwos. Choose now, if you're so eager.

Oh, and by the way, if you accept the Starkiller, then your quanta will be altered - you will no longer be pulled after the Time Matrix when it jumps...

*The creature disappears*
 Deac
08-25-2002, 1:07 PM
Don't take me, Rwos. Get Deac back...I can feel you'll be jumping soon....to his birth...possibly...

*Starkiller vanishes. Deac's head falls to the ground, and hits the dust*
 Admiral
08-25-2002, 3:09 PM
Odin: Shall we get moving, or do you want to waste more time?
 BattleDog
08-25-2002, 4:15 PM
Flax: What we should do is capture the TimeMatrix then use it to go back before the Holacaust, if we can get Odin abourd Vidar's Ship can't we stop them from fireing the warheads, better still we could stop the Crimson Star from exploding.
 Admiral
08-25-2002, 6:02 PM
Odin: That is the basic idea.
 Redwing
08-25-2002, 11:57 PM
((OOS: Deac: What about the Darkstar?))

*Rwos stares at Deac's head for a few seconds. His eyes glow, masking his emotions. He slowly turns away*

Let us leave this place.
 Kuuki
08-26-2002, 3:21 PM
i need to get into these more often...

/me wants a small part....

maybe im a guy who lets Cracken use his mig welder to weld the to light sabers together end on end :p

A stranger flys around in a small cargo like speeder. carring a small field generator and repair equipment off to repiar a small shuttle which has recieved some damage during the skermish

:D
 Admiral
08-26-2002, 4:18 PM
((If you want to join post a character name, and a brief description (include weapons, force sensitivity, ect. also read the entire thread to know what is happening). We will fit you into this rpg.))

Odin: Come on, we have a lot of ground to cover. This delay might even mean that we are too late to stop Ken'atra.

Vidar: Don't morn them if we are succesful, they will never have died in the first place.
 BattleDog
08-26-2002, 4:27 PM
Flax: True.
 Redwing
08-26-2002, 8:11 PM
((@Scarface: What Admiral said - post a bio and description, and we'll fit you in.

You could also join the spinoff of this RPG - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74380) - if you want, too; read the first part of the discussion topic - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69420) to understand it))

*Rwos does not answer. He just walks to the speeder*
 Deac
08-27-2002, 11:51 AM
[Seeing as Deac is dead...I'll be GM for this RPG...time to shift...]

*Suddenly the air begins to ripple and turn white. The party appear in places relative to their position, but in another place altogether...

They stand beneath a blood red evening sky, in rolling hills. Behind them is a tall castle like building, with banners of a Hawk with a star behind it hanging from it's battlements. Ruins of Imperial armour and bodies litter the area. Local troops still clash with Stormtroopers as they try to storm the castle...

They are on the planet Atredis, 20 years before...*
 BattleDog
08-27-2002, 3:35 PM
Flax: Well its obvios what we have to do here!

*Starts mowing down stormies.*
Page: 3 of 5