Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CloneTrooper model thoughts?

Page: 4 of 4
 ReIIiK
06-20-2002, 5:32 AM
First off, Niblem your model is awsome, and looks great, shows your skills as a modeler. But, the CloneTroopers head is alittle off, its not angled enough on the sides, look at some of the movie screen shots and you'll see what I mean, the CT's Helm has the same kinda angle as Boba's/Jango's.
 Jango_Fett91
06-20-2002, 8:21 AM
Whats your next project? Make a it a CloneTrooper Pilot!:D
 Altimira
06-20-2002, 9:13 AM
Looks amazing, is it out yet? its a whole lot better that the clone trooper skins out there:D
 Niblem
06-20-2002, 9:21 AM
Well yes its out, I sent it to Polycount and jediknightii.net so just keep checking for it to be listed.. There is currently a clonetrooper listed under newfile.. But it isnt mine, well its not even a model.. Its a stormtrooper skin. So dont get that confused with mine. I'll make a new topic with "Clonetrooper model released" with the link to the file when its posted. Thanks for being patient all, i appreciate all your support.. And when you download it, if you find any bugs while playing it, let me know. My e-mail addy is in the readme file.

Thanks again. (a clone pilot might be fun, im not sure what to do next) maybe when i get back from Italy i'll start a new project..
 defalc
06-20-2002, 9:46 AM
Does it have the different colours? :D
 Jango_Fett91
06-20-2002, 9:57 AM
Does it have different colors??????:confused: :confused:
 remark 666
06-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Jango_Fett91
Does it have different colors??????:confused: :confused:

he means CTF skins :rolleyes:
 Niblem
06-20-2002, 10:51 AM
Yes, and the clone commander skin also..
 zanex
06-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Thank you very much for this really cool model.
 Rory_Vetack
06-20-2002, 11:39 AM
This model looks great, can't wait for it to be uploaded....Any Plans for your next model?
 Altimira
06-20-2002, 9:48 PM
I must say the model is amazing, but it needs a taunt. People who make skins and models, need to have taunts...the evil laugh (male) and the come on out here(for female) default taunts are really getting on my nerves (and also boring:o). so look on the internet and get a costum taunt!

Atleast you used the stormtrooper taunt and not the evil laugh.:)
 darthmaul774
06-21-2002, 7:47 AM
I'm just wondering maybe you answered this but are you going to make that huge rifle that shoots the blue rounds off maybe later?
 Epimetheus
06-21-2002, 8:45 AM
Stupendous... gee, they grow up so fast...
 Klorel
06-22-2002, 1:56 AM
i agree with altimira, you need a custom taunt. maybe use the one from the jango model, since it is his voice. or perhaps you could get a sound bite from the movie, but other than that, its amazing.
 striderx2048
06-22-2002, 3:04 AM
Originally posted by Klorel
i agree with altimira, you need a custom taunt. maybe use the one from the jango model, since it is his voice. or perhaps you could get a sound bite from the movie, but other than that, its amazing.

"Good guys wear white" - from Clone Campaigns

someone already suggested before
 Niblem
06-22-2002, 4:00 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Klorel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good guys wear white" - from Clone Campaigns

someone already suggested before

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has this sound byte and is willing to send it to me, i'll add it. niblemdeamos@yahoo.com
 Blamer
06-22-2002, 7:49 AM
That doesn't sound like anything a clone trooper would say...IMO that taunt would get real annoying really fast, if that's the best you can get then just stick with "Hey, you there."
 striderx2048
06-22-2002, 8:09 AM
its called taunting
 Blamer
06-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Great response...the thing I have against "good guys wear white" is that not only would it get annoying fast (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a taunt), but it is something a clone trooper would never say, regardless of whether the writer for the SWGB expansion wanted to be witty. Clone soldiers are all business, all the time, and if he's going to put all this detail into the model then he should complete the experience by giving appropriate sounds for the clone trooper. I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who would be glad to record a taunt if there is no better one in Clone Campaigns. "Stop in the name of the Republic!" "Halt, rebel scum!" That wouldn't be so hard. If you don't trust one person to do it right, decide on the line beforehand, post it on various boards for people to record, then pick the best one out of all the recordings that were made.

Now that you've gotten me thinking, since the clone commander and the clonetrooper are set up as different models, "good guys wear white" could be used for the clone commander and a different taunt could be used for the regular troopers.
Page: 4 of 4