Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aayla Secura!!!

Page: 12 of 19
 Ratmjedi
01-19-2003, 2:41 AM
I remember when that issue was brought up in this thread. They just seem to have that same mind set don't they man. :(

I don't know why people have to think of girls like that. I mean I know everybody's think's like that every once and a while but to think like that all the time is just wrong. A whole section of people like that. That's just bad. Atleast we know the kind of people they are.

All I know is that me and AgentSmith would never act like that if we actually had the oppurtunity to act like that around Natalie and Amy. We would probally be so nervous and be like I hope that came out right and I hope I didn't make an ass of myself or scare the $hit out of her. Or atleast I hope I didn't do that ;)

Men just give Men bad names.

:lsduel: :duel:
 Darth Groovy
01-19-2003, 2:46 AM
Originally posted by leXX
I've finally made an Aayla wallpaper, check it out and tell me what you think! Suggestions to improve it, comments? ;)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1064449) http://www.trekker.ru/hero/images/LaForge.jpg)

Can't see **** Captain.
 AgentSmith
01-19-2003, 6:42 AM
Ratmjedi, that's very well said and so true.

I had the luck of meeting Ms. Allen and spending some time with her -and other cool Star Wars people- and she's a really nice person. Plus if I had acted that way around her, she'd probably have kicked my ass! :p
But I think female 'celebreties' such as that are somewhat used to having some males gawk at them or fans being rather starstruck or nervous.
 AgentSmith
01-19-2003, 6:44 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Can't see **** Captain.

Seems the link doesn't work anymore? :(

I can e-mail you the wallpaper if you like. :)
 leXX
01-19-2003, 7:08 AM
Sorry, I deleted all my stuff off deviantART.

Here you go...

http://lexx1.users.btopenworld.com/leXXAaylaWP.jpg)
 AgentSmith
01-21-2003, 4:08 AM
Thanks leXX! :thumbsup:

Actually yours is the Aayla WP I'm using right now! :p
 Hannibal
01-24-2003, 2:44 PM
Smith, what's going on with Amy's site?
Is she still doing it? Everytime I check it I get nothing.
 Dragonlancer
01-24-2003, 11:35 PM
To all those interested, the Aayla Secura action figure is now available on ebay! The price is pretty steep so I'm gonna wait till it's in stores but for some of you it might be worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3109606972&category=2476)

Only 2 days left so you better hurry!

:D

Can't believe I got to it first hehe
 AgentSmith
01-25-2003, 1:21 PM
Hannibal, in the last e-mail I got from Amy she confirmed that she's going to make her website this year, she didn't give out any more specific information. But it is going to be made, I'm sure. :)

Dragonlancer, wow! Fans were afraid scalpers would offer them at high prices since they are shortpacked. Notice it is a pre-order only, so they don't have it yet. :eek:

I pre-ordered several Aayla Secura figures from KEBco toys (http://www.kebcotoys.com) at a regular price and some figures should begin shipping in 10 to 12 days. :)
 AgentSmith
01-25-2003, 1:27 PM
Star Wars Republic #49 “Sacrifice” made it to the comic stores over here yesterday and I was able to go pick it up today, I have read it and I love it!

I can say both John Ostrander and Jan Duursema surpassed themselves with this issue, it is fantastic.

The story is believable, intense, precise and it fits perfectly in that one issue, at no time does it feel rushed or cut. It ties in nicely with previous stories and with Episode II and I this issue sets many following issues up, like “Star Wars:Jedi” or “Attack on Kamino”.

The alternate method of inking straight from Jan Duursema’s pencils by Dan Parsons works well and gives a wonderful result. In my opinion the coloring was better than the previous “Rite of Passage”, in the sense that you could enjoy more of Jan’s beautiful artwork and detailed pencils.
What also struck me about the coloring in this issue -this will sound as a paradox- is that the colors are vibrant, yet dark; smooth, yet rough. The pages are filled with bright coloring and positively screaming action/emotion but there’s an underlying sense of darkness behind it, which reflects nice to the theme (war has begun). The characters skins have a nice smooth coloring -the shadowing was nice- while surfaces, armor and walls seemed rougher.

As for the characters artwork … Jan is the Star Wars art goddess!
Especially her intelligent use of close-up concise shots that enable such a realistic capture of emotion never ceases to amaze me and makes her issues more enjoyable and a much deeper character experience than those of other artists.

Aayla is beautifully drawn as always with incredibly detailed facial features so that it conveys what her character feels. In several panels the resemblance with Amy Allen was so uncanny; it was as if Amy had donned the outfit and make-up again. (Especially the shots where Aayla talks to Quinlan after the recovered the disk, the large shot when she faces Zenex and the close-ups after that fight are breathtaking.)
The detailing on her lightsaber was exquisite, a perfect copy of the Episode II version. Aayla also has evolved as a character, she seems more ‘streetwise’ and her beliefs and determination as a Light Jedi have strengthened.

An amazing issue, really great. :)
 AgentSmith
01-27-2003, 9:45 AM
For those of you who are interested, here's a short overview of the events in Star Wars Republic #49 "Sacrifice" involving Aayla.

*Warning spoilers ahead!*

One month after the start of the Clone Wars with the battle on Geonosis, Aayla Secura is sent by Master Tholme to a space station called “The Wheel”. Undercover, posing as a down-on-her-luck mechanic named Jaayza, Aayla searches for her former Jedi teacher, Quinlan Vos. Quinlan has during the past 2 years set up a vast network of spies and undercover contacts within the Seperatist ranks but he has not reported in recently. Aayla quickly finds him, after disposing of a few goons a Chadra-fan named Tookarti wanted to let loose on her. Quinlan considers himself as having failed since all his work as a spy didn’t uncover in time what was happening on Geonosis, he blames himself for the Jedi who died there … where Aayla also could have died.

Aayla and Quinlan go in search and find Quinlan’s missing operative, a female thief named Khaleen who stole an important Seperatist data disc. The disc reveals that the Seperatists plan to attack Kamino. Quinlan wants to copy the disc and have Khaleen take the original back to its owner, or get caught with it so the Seperatists think their plans haven’t been compromised. Knowing this would mean certain death for Khaleen, Aayla objects.
Khaleen however agrees to the dangerous plan and surrenders herself and the disc to Zenex, a Falleen Seperatist operative from whom she first stole the disc. As a Falleen, Zenex uses his powerful pheromones to influence Khaleen, as well as Quinlan and Aayla when they come to her rescue. However he did not anticipate Aayla’s strong will as a Jedi and she cuts the Falleen down. With luck, Quinlan finds out who Zenex was meant to hand the disc to and he slyly uses a Jedi mind trick to make the courier think the transaction went as planned.

Before Aayla returns to Coruscant with the Seperatist plans, she warns Quinlan for the shadows he is living in, they might consume him.
 AgentSmith
01-27-2003, 9:48 AM
Starwars.com on their end report in the site section "Cargo bay" that the Aayla Secura figure is set to be released on February 1st. (You can check that out here (http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/item-detail/9114).)
 AgentSmith
01-28-2003, 5:11 AM
Ms. Amy Allen -who portrayed Aayla Secura in Episode II- is slated to attend the "Cleveland Colossal Con 2" in Cleveland, Ohio on March 14 through March 16 2003.
You can check the con website here (http://www.colossalcon.com/). (Ms. Allen's attendance is mentioned in their news section, and a page here (http://www.colossalcon.com/amyallen.html).)

(Thanks to Bryan Borgman for the heads up on this.)
 AgentSmith
01-28-2003, 6:09 AM
I found these images of the carded Aayla Secura figure on galactichunter.com (the photos aren't excellent, but still worth to take a peek at):

http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/aaylacd1.jpg)

http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/aaylacd2.jpg)

The description on the card of Aayla:
"An agile and adept Jedi Knight, Aayla Secura wields her blue lightsaber with graceful precision and sensuous form. Many adversaries are lured by the sultry Twi'lek's notable style, but few a match for her empathic responses and shrewd parry. Although often more impetuous than her fellow Jedi, Aayla never relinquishes to anger or aggression - an indispensable Jedi trait during the galaxy's current state of turmoil."

The different possible poses of the figure seem nice, I also think it's a plus the figure comes with a base, that makes it ideal for display.
 AgentSmith
01-29-2003, 4:06 AM
In comic news, the release date of "Star Wars Republic #50 Attack on Kamino" containing the "Brothers in Arms" story by Jan Duursema and John Ostrander, has been pushed back to February 26. :(

(Though that release date does coincide with the release of "Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu", also by Jan Duursema and John Ostrander. Though this issue won't feature Aayla Secura, it does have Jan's great artwork. :) )
 Dragonlancer
01-31-2003, 9:01 PM
Ok, it's official. Agentsmith is the OFFICIAL AAYLA SECURA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT! $50.00 (not really) to the one who can find me someone who provides more info on Aayla then him. You know what, find me someone who provides more info on ANYTHING for that matter.

That person simply doesn't exist:D

btw. WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! 200th POST! I'M AN EWOK I'M AN EWOK!!!! wait......!
 AgentSmith
02-01-2003, 4:49 AM
Galactichunter.com has an extensive update on the latest Hasbro Saga 3 3/4 inch figures, also on the Aayla Secura figure (to be released February 1st) with excellent images and photos.

They have a ton of images available, also of the figure outside of the package, you can view them here (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=523).

I quote Galactichunter.com's description and report on the Aayla figure (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=757&zoneid=2):

"When Dark Horse artist Jan Duursema first came up with the character of Jedi Knight Aayla Secura for the Darkness story arc in the Star Wars ongoing series, little did she realize that George Lucas would take a liking to the Blue Twi’lek enough to include her in Attack Of The Clones. The character of Aayla was inspired by Jan’s daughter, who wanted to see stronger female leads in her mom’s comics. At Celebration II last May, Hasbro’s David Vennemeyer was sculpting a wax prototype in front of fans and offering a glimpse of what lay ahead. David even had actress Amy Allen, who played the role of Aayla, sit for him so that he could capture even more detail. Judging from the head sculpt of the figure alone, Vennemeyer definitely hit his mark. Aayla sports 9 points of articulation, which allows her to be posed in various action stances. Her magnetic left hand force attracts the metallic hilt of her lightsaber and you can display the figure on the packed-in Geonosian Arena base."

Some of the most excellent images are these:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/modern_hasbro/saga/basic/aayla_secura/saga-aayla_2.jpg)
The overall look of the figure is astounding and it is very detailed, the base makes it excellent for posing and display.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/modern_hasbro/saga/basic/aayla_secura/saga-aayla_3.jpg)
The detailing on the outfit (sleeve, belt with tabs, boots) is very good.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/modern_hasbro/saga/basic/aayla_secura/saga-aayla_8.jpg)
The detailing on the facial features is excellent and closely resembles actress Amy Allen.

The only minor negative point is that there are some details in the painting scheme that seem a bit off. Namely the eyebrow color is off as is the headress color -it's too shiny to create a leatherlike impression- and off course Aayla only has the black circular tattoos on her lekku in "Twilight" and "Darkness", by Episode II the tattoos have been altered into clearer spots.
In overall I'm still not too keen on the large and very visible right arm articulation point. But that's nitpicking. The figure looks awesome and I can't wait to get it! :)
 Keiran Halcyon
02-01-2003, 8:05 AM
Oh my god 15 pages! You realy love her :D

Well i' msure you know every frame of movie she appears. I just noticed that she is in the Jedi temple walking down the stairs when Obi-wan is looking for Yoda /the scene where Coleman Trebor is walking)

Well she appears on the arena (at the end) and behing Kit fisto on the battle of Geonosis. I have left any frame?
 leXX
02-01-2003, 8:37 AM
Off the top of my head, these are the scenes she is in:

Walking down the stairs in the Jedi Temple.

In the background when Obi is talking to Yoda who is teaching the younglings.

When the Jedi enter the arena for the first time she is on one of the levels with Ki Adi Mundi.

Behind Mace when they look up at the incoming republic attack Gunships.

In the heat of battle during the clone war behind Kit Fisto.

During a shot of the Jedi running towards the battle for a few seconds.

I think that is all of them!
 AgentSmith
02-01-2003, 12:56 PM
I made a list once of the scenes where Aayla can be seen in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones" DVD Widescreen version. (As on page 12 of this thread. ;) )

Aayla Secura's scenes in Episode II (Chronological):

- Background Jedi Temple Youngling scene 1:
Frontal shot of Aayla descending the staircase next to the Youngling Training Roo.
- Background Jedi Temple Youngling scene 2:
Side shot of Aayla talking briefly to a Bith Jedi behind Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Background Jedi Temple Youngling scene 3:
Rear shot of Aayla walking away behind Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Background Jedi Appearance Geonosis Arena Battle:
Side shot of Aayla igniting her lightsaber in an upwards arcing, right hand grip motion, on the left side behind Ki-Adi Mundi.
- Background Geonosis Arena Battle:
Frontal shot of Aayla seen executing a left leg high-kick on a Superbattledroid and slicing a Battledroid in half. On the left side, behind the female "Ha!" shouting Jedi.
- Foreground Surviving Jedi Circle:
Rear/Above shot of Aayla being led to the Jedi Circle by a Geonosian Guard, lower right of the screen.
- Middle Section Surviving Jedi Circle 1:
Rear to side shot of Aayla standing in the Jedi Circle and slowly turning, looking around, middle to right side of the screen behind Mace Windu.
- Middle Section Surviving Jedi Circle 2:
Side to frontal shot of Aayla turning and looking up as Yoda arrives with the Republic Gunships, middle left side of the screen behind Mace Windu. - Background Jedi Circle after Arrival Republic Gunships 1: Frontal/Side shot of Aayla arcing her ignited lightsaber to deflect incoming laserfire, double hand grip, left to right double swing, middle right side of the screen.
- Background Jedi Circle after Arrival Republic Gunships 2:
Frontal/Side shot of Aayla arcing her ignited lightsaber to deflect incoming laserfire as other Jedi board the Gunships, double hand grip, left swing, middle right side of the screen.
- Background Geonosis Clone War Battle 1:
Frontal shot of Aayla, lightsaber ignited, running into battle with a squad of Clonetroopers. Middle, left side of the screen behind Kit Fisto.
- Background Geonosis Clone War Battle 2:
Rear shot of Aayla, lightsaber ignited, running into battle with a squad of Clonetroopers. Middle, lower part of the screen.

You can also see Amy Allen without the Aayla make-up/outfit in the Coruscant "Outlander" club scene. You see her wearing a red/black outfit with a large headpiece, she walks past behind Obi-Wan Kenobi when he says to Anakin "In that case be extra careful." (You might have to play it at slow-motion to spot her.)
 leXX
02-01-2003, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
- Background Geonosis Arena Battle:
Frontal shot of Aayla seen executing a left leg high-kick on a Superbattledroid and slicing a Battledroid in half. On the left side, behind the female "Ha!" shouting Jedi.

I didn't know about that one!
 Dragonlancer
02-01-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure but I think there might have been a few more too. When I saw it at the Imax theater I saw a WHOLE bunch more Aayla parts then at home or at the theater. I could be wrong though.
 AgentSmith
02-02-2003, 6:43 AM
It is possible there's more scenes with Aayla in it, I've watched the Geonosis Arena & Clone War battle several times in slow motion on Widescreen DVD and those were all the times I could spot her.
The IMAX cut is different from the Widescreen DVD version, that might be a factor. Plus even on DVD at times the super battledroids look confusingly a lot like a Twi'lek. :p So it might be that on IMAX you can make out the details better. Too bad it's never been out on IMAX here. :(
 vegietto
02-02-2003, 6:55 AM
she is a kool jedi, i like her and she fights good so she must be a pretty good jedi
 Hannibal
02-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Keiran Halcyon
Oh my god 15 pages! You realy love her :D

Devotion is rare nowadays. :D

I'll have to look for this one.
 AgentSmith
02-03-2003, 8:00 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
I'll have to look for this one.

You should be able to spot it if you have a Widescreen version DVD and when you play it in slow-motion. :) It happens very fast though.

Fun fact: Amy Allen (at the Mid-Ohio Con SW panel) said shooting this sequence was repeated several times and that the end result is sped up as with most action sequences and effects shots, they run at a higher speed. (10%, so it looks like it's done fast but not so that it's unbelievalbe fast)
 AgentSmith
02-04-2003, 2:14 PM
Star Wars Insider issue #66 (http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/02/news20030203.html) will feature a Clone Wars short story revolving around Aayla Secura titled "Elusion Illusion", written by Michael A. Stackpole.

You can see the illustration for it, up at starwars.com:
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/02/img/cwf_aayla_bg.jpg)

It looks like an illustration by Jan Duursema, but I still have to confirm that. :)

Star Wars Insider #66 is scheduled to ship to subscribers on February 14, and hit newsstands on March 4.

(Thanks to Mavrick889 from theforce.net for the heads up.)
 leXX
02-04-2003, 2:45 PM
That is excellent news, I look forward to reading that! That picture is awesome!! :eek:

Thnx for the heads up. ;)
 AgentSmith
02-05-2003, 1:30 PM
That is excellent news, I look forward to reading that! That picture is awesome!!

It is indeed an awesome illustration (http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/02/img/cwf_aayla_bg.jpg), it is penciled by Jan Duursema who does most of the Aayla artworks and comics -and no doubt the best Star Wars artist-; the color is done by Joe Wayne (who also colored "Sacrifice") :D

Truly a magnificent piece isn't it? I love the dynamic, fluid feeling of motion and action it portrays. :)
 leXX
02-06-2003, 2:53 PM
It's interesting the way she is holding her lightsaber. What style of fighting does Aayla use?
 AgentSmith
02-07-2003, 1:30 PM
It's interesting the way she is holding her lightsaber. What style of fighting does Aayla use?

That's a very good observation there leXX. (Well, it befits you as we all should know :) .. you mods see everything! :eek: j/k :p )

Actually Aayla's lightsaber grip in this illustration differs from most of the other illustrations/pencils/comic book scenes where she is drawn buy Jan Duursema. Usually Jan Duursema will draw Aayla with a much tighter grip on the lightsaber hilt, while here she has her index finger stretched outward; and rarely is Aayla seen holding her lightsaber a reverse grip position.
(Which I found very cool and intriguing, I also remarked this to Ms. Duursema. Makes that artwork even more special I think.)

The general concensus is that Aayla is a Form IV lightsaber practioner, the Form based on defense and protection. :)
 AgentSmith
02-07-2003, 1:36 PM
There are several great updates on the Aayla Secura fansite (http://temoto.co.uk/aayla/). The Aayla biography/timeline has been updated with the events of "Star Wars republic issue 49 Sacrifice" and there are many new fan artworks that have been added, so go check it out! ;)

One of the latest and most interesting Aayla fan artworks up at the Aayla Secura fansite (http://temoto.co.uk/aayla/) is this one done by Josh Howard of Viper Comics (www.vipercomics.com).

http://temoto.co.uk/aayla/pics/fanart49.jpg)

I love the anime/MTV modern cartoon look of it, expertly done by Josh Howard!
It's so typical anime, yet contrasts with other Aayla anime style fan artworks you can see at the fansite, a great variety and representation of the different anime/drawing styles. Great feel and proportioning to the eyes, lips; a good pose as well.
 AgentSmith
02-07-2003, 1:49 PM
Rebelscum.com has added several great pictures of the Hasbro 3 3/4" Saga Collection 2 Aayla Secura action figure (carded and loose).
You can check out their report and images of the Aayla Secura action figure here (http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0311aaylasecura.asp).

The figure really does look excellent!

http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0311aaylasecuraloose.jpg)

Very good detailing on the figure, the coloring looks very vivid and bright.

http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0311aaylasecurapose.jpg)

The figure is very poseable, with the base and 9 articulation points. You can see the magnet in the left hand, which can be used for a force effect pull with the metallic lightsaber hilt.

(Thanks to yodaminch from theforce.net for the heads up on this.)
 leXX
02-07-2003, 2:18 PM
That Josh Howard fanart is really cool. I like that!

I must say, I didn't like that action figure at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. :)
 Hannibal
02-10-2003, 1:18 PM
That Josh Howard fanart is really cool. I like that!

I must say, I didn't like that action figure at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. :)

It looks good but I laugh at the fact that they call these things action figures. She's got the football man stiff arm going.:)
I don't buy or play with them anymore but when I was a kid we had the GI joes with the waist, elbow, and knees that could bend.

If I remember right Star Wars figures never did that so what am I complaining about?:D
 AgentSmith
02-10-2003, 2:21 PM
Starwars.com reports about upcoming Star Wars comics (http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/news20030207.html).

One of them is Republic issue #54 by John Ostrander, art by Jan Duursema and colors by Dan Parsons, scheduled for release on May 21.
I quote:
"The Jedi have become generals leading the armies of the Republic, but Quinlan Vos has instead gone deep undercover. Behind Confederacy lines, Vos spies on the Separatists, but when he refuses a direct order to return to Coruscant, his loyalty is called into question. Has Quinlan Vos turned traitor? And who has the Jedi Council dispatched to gather their unpredictable operative?"

You can see the great cover artwork made by Jan Duursema. :)

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img/republic_bg.jpg)

Nice and bright coloring. (Contrasting to the dark background of the city on Nar Shadaa.) Most of all an excellent capture of an action moment, with Khaleen firing her blaster and Quinlan crouched on the back of that speeder. Great detailing with both Quinlan and Khaleen their tattoos. It is good to see Khaleen will return in this issue, and by Quin's side.

Has Quinlan really betrayed the Jedi? I wonder who the Jedi Council will send to retrieve him, Master Tholme or Aayla?
I'm anxious to find out! It's not absolutely sure Aayla Secura will appear in it, there's a good chance that she might. :D
 leXX
02-10-2003, 5:31 PM
Has Quin got dreads? :eek: :D
 AgentSmith
02-12-2003, 1:35 PM
He always had that long dreadlock type hairstyle. (And those wicked yellow tattoos.)
 AgentSmith
02-15-2003, 3:27 PM
Theforce.net reports that Amy Allen (who portrayed Aayla Secura in Episode) has a short Q&A session in the BackTalk page of the upcoming April issue of "Toyfare" Magazine! :)

I quote the excerpt you can see up at theforce.net:

"Q: How did you feel when you first saw your action figure?
AA:First I didn't believe it. I was like, "No way." When I actually saw it, it hit me that it was really going to happen. I am so excited for it.
Q: Your action figure against Aurra Sing's action figure? Who wins?
AA: That's a tough one. She's on the dark side. That would be quite the duel. I would have to say that I would win. Hands down.

Q:How about you vs [Aurra Sing actress] Michonne Bourriague?
AA: No, Michonne would probably kick my ass."
 Hannibal
02-18-2003, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Q:How about you vs [Aurra Sing actress] Michonne Bourriague?
AA: No, Michonne would probably kick my ass."

:) That's great.

Keep em coming AgentSmith.
 Mex
02-18-2003, 3:04 PM
AgentSmith = Biggest Aayla Secura fan ever! :D

Nice website Agent! :)
 Hannibal
02-19-2003, 10:55 AM
We put that Padme thread to shame. :lol:
It died what, like 3-4 months ago
 AgentSmith
02-19-2003, 4:50 PM
Thanks. :) I do my best, the Aayla Secura fansite was made by Russ 'AaylaSecuraJedi' though. Not by me, I only contributed by making the Aayla biography/timeline.
Aayla is a great character with lots of potential still, which is what makes her so interesting.

"Star Wars Insider #66" with the Aayla Secura story "Ellusion, Illusion" by Mike Stackpole made it to subscribers. I hope to get one as soon as it hits the stores. (Can't subsribe to it in my country, darn. :p ) If any reviews come online I'll link them or post them! :)
 AgentSmith
02-20-2003, 4:23 PM
I've heard some first reviews and spoiler news from the Aayla Secura story "Ellusion, Illusion" by Mike Stackpole in "Star Wars Insider #66" that was delivered to subscribers a few days ago.

So far I've heard mostly this:
Jedi Knight Aayla Secura is summoned to the Council Chamber by Mace Windu, she is to accompany Caamasi Jedi Ylenic It'kla on a joint mission to Corellia. Corellia has chosen to remain neutral in the Clone Wars and a Techno Union scientist has betrayed the Techno Union and fled there, with stolen plans and a prototype of his latest project. Aayla and Ylenic are to impersonate smugglers and retrieve the scientist ...
 AgentSmith
02-24-2003, 4:37 AM
Check out this nice fanmade Aayla wallpaper up at theforce.net's fanart museum:

http://www.theforce.net/museum/images/Prequels/Episode_2/Wallpaper/rt-aayla800.jpg)
 leXX
02-24-2003, 6:10 AM
Wow, that's really good. Shame it isn't a higher screen res.
 AgentSmith
02-24-2003, 3:29 PM
It is, I like how it uses colors and color shades. :) It would have been great if it would have been in 1024x768 format, true.

Wonder what software was used for it? What are good software(s) for such image creation/manipulation? :confused:
 leXX
02-24-2003, 3:35 PM
You can't go wrong with Adobe Photoshop (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html). ;)
 AgentSmith
02-24-2003, 4:03 PM
Thanks leXX, that looks like a good program, though the price-tag is rather impressive. :eek:

Wouldn't know of any software in the more affordable section, would you? :rolleyes:
 AgentSmith
02-24-2003, 4:08 PM
It seems the auction craze for the shortpacked Hasbro Aayla Secura 3 3/4" figure has really started on eBay! :eek:
There's numerous mint on card Aayla Secura action figures up for auction on eBay as you can see here (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&query=aayla+secura&sr=n&from=R8&ht=1&st=2&category1=246&Top10=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&catref=C1) and they're being quite seriously bid on, rising to very high prices compared to the standard store prices!

I really want that figure! :( (Why hasn't my order for it shipped yet? :( I'm tempted to get one from eBay, but at up to 25$ a piece prices, that's crazy ... besides what could I do with 4 figures in total after I get my initial order? :( *sigh*)
Page: 12 of 19