Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL/WIP]

Page: 1 of 3
 mr_dad
08-07-2011, 9:39 AM
ACT 1
Overall-4%

Story-10%
Textures-30%
Module Creation-1%
Voice Acting-0%

Story
Six thousand years after the Destruction of the second Death Star, the galaxy is divided between the Republic-Alliance, and and the New Galactic Empire. The Jedi have been exiled from Republic Space and left Coruscant, relocating on Yavin VI.

Companions
-Jona K'har(Human Male)
-Kelie Stewart(Human Female)
-Captain Shoule(Human Male)

Locations
-Coruscant
-Dromund Kaas
-Kaas III
-Armonar
-New Alderaan
-Arken Derbis Field
 newbiemodder
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Glad to see you made a thread here as well as Deadly Stream.
 logan23
08-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I like how your leaving yourself a good deal of room to allow your self to create new characters and situations =)
 darthtyren
08-07-2011, 1:04 PM
I like how I've not received an assignment for this mod yet.
 mr_dad
08-07-2011, 3:20 PM
Can someone in charge rename this thread "[TSL/WIP] Rise of Marauder"
 Warlord664
08-07-2011, 6:06 PM
Well this sounds like it could be good. I hope you stick with it.
 LDR
08-07-2011, 9:19 PM
Nice reskins! I hope you can stick with this mod. Good luck!
 Slstoev
08-08-2011, 9:46 AM
Too bad that the engine doesn't allow very long hair like in the picture.
 Capibara
08-09-2011, 2:36 AM
Good stuff! (the Brianna skin needs some more work though).
 Phildevil
08-11-2011, 5:27 PM
Hair can be longer than this, can they?
 Phildevil
08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Wait, you mean all you did was modify the texture file? Must be kind of weird in-game then, with modifications to the textures not corresponding with the model forms?
 Capibara
08-12-2011, 12:22 AM
^You can already see it in the posted picture; the armbands are all messed up and the breast area seems a bit strangely placed.

A question about something different (which has been bugging me a bit and also applies to RoR); are you going to give The Exile a name? because regardless of the game-time the character gets it would be silly to keep refering to it as just The Exile, don't you think?
 TimBob12
08-12-2011, 5:37 AM
You can change head models. VP made a tut.
 mr_dad
08-12-2011, 9:37 AM
<cut>.
 Snard
08-16-2011, 4:40 PM
This looks good. What did you mean by the KotOR III render? Where did you find that?
 mr_dad
08-18-2011, 6:00 PM
<cut>
 Zhaboka
08-18-2011, 9:48 PM
Nice skinning!
 Dak Drexl
08-25-2011, 2:16 PM
Jon K'har
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb396/mr_dad/KHAR.jpg)
K'har is a mysterious Jedi Knight who has agreed to help you find Gamma.

I don't think that robe texture in in TSL. If it was I would have used it for a lot of my stuff... if it is can you point me to it?
 newbiemodder
08-25-2011, 2:21 PM
looking real good dad...Assuming Baron Thrawn is a distant relation to Admiral Thrawn from SW book which I can't remember the name at this time..

You do nice character skins btw.
 Warlord664
08-25-2011, 4:16 PM
That area looks very...red. Very nice screen shots!
 Snard
08-25-2011, 5:37 PM
Progress

Story: 100%
Skinning/Retexturing: 20%
Modules: 7%
Voicing: 0%

Well damn. 100% of the story is done? I'm sure you'll make some changes but if that's true then nice job.
 Phildevil
08-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Uh, Thrawn isn't a Chiss last name, by the way :P Not to burst your bubble, but it would be kind of a middle name. As in Mith'raw'nuruodo, or something like that. :P
 Capibara
08-26-2011, 2:37 AM
^Not a last name but a middle name uh? that's very bubble burstingly indeed :P
 newbiemodder
08-26-2011, 7:43 AM
Thrawn could be his common name, or core name. See the following thread

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Admiral_Thrawn)
 mr_dad
08-26-2011, 9:29 AM
Well It's his last name anyway.
 Phildevil
08-26-2011, 1:10 PM
It works, mr_dad. But just to practice my methodology here: ZAHN, Thimothy, Star Wars, Outbound Flight, Del Rey, 2006, p. 16 : "I'm Commander Mitth'raw'nuruodo of the Chiss Ascendancy,"

p.38: Perhaps it would be easier if you called me by my core name, Thrawn.

The guy litterally wrote Thrawn and the Chiss race. Maybe you'd find inspiration for Chiss names in his books?
 Phildevil
08-31-2011, 1:46 AM
Hehe, 12 years after Kotor only? Why do I smell anachronism :D (Corvettes Marauder aren't that old)
 Warlord664
08-31-2011, 8:35 AM
Awesome! im so glad your adding a new player ship! I was realy tired with the ebon hawk and it seems strange how the same ship somehow gets used by every hero of the galaxy. But you also said you had a ship that takes you to the planet surface called the night hawk.. Is that going to look like the ebon hawk just reskinned? All the pics look great!
 LDR
08-31-2011, 4:10 PM
It is rare to such progress on an SC, and especially at this rate. Your skins are amazing, I should contact you for some skinwork on my mods! :xp:
 salam263
09-01-2011, 3:11 PM
This post will give you an overview of the story.

Four years have passed since the return of Revan and the exile. Following their return was a fleet of what appeared to be Sith ships. The Republic defeated the Sith, at the cost of Revan's life. Revan warned the Jedi, though, that this wasn't the Sith he set out to stop. He has failed to stop them, but given the Republic a chance to prepare for the Sith return. Only four people believed him: Bastila, Baron Thrawn, Gamma, and the Exile. While Baron and Bastila stayed to rebuild the Jedi order, Gamma and the Exile took the Ebon Hawk and left know space to finish the job Revan started.

After four years, a new war begins between the newly formed Marauder Alliance, and the Disciples of Kreia, now called the Herron. However the Republic refuses to get involved in the way, provided both groups stay out of Republic territory. Neither

wants the other to have the Republic's advantage so they agree.

The actual mod picks up about six months into the war, when you are sent to investigate Herron activity on Alaris Prime...

Next update: Party Members...

nice
 redrob41
09-01-2011, 4:39 PM
Jon K'har
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb396/mr_dad/KHAR.jpg)
K'har is a mysterious Jedi Knight who has agreed to help you find Gamma.

I don't think that robe texture in in TSL. If it was I would have used it for a lot of my stuff... if it is can you point me to it?

Same here. If I'd seen the K1 original blue robe tga in TSL, I definately would have used it.

That's a re-texture of the blue robes I did. The Model is like PMBI I think.

But where did you get the original blue robe before you retextured it to olive colour? In TSL, the only texture for this model that I know of is called K1_pfbi01.tga, and it is a slightly different version of the K1 brown robe (only the wrists and gloves were changed). What was the blue robe's texture file name?
 redrob41
09-01-2011, 4:55 PM
I actually got it directly from KOTOR 1 no that I think about it.

You do realize that's porting then, and you can't use it, right? Dang, I was really hoping that you'd found it hidden somewhere, under an obscure name, and I'd be able to use it.

So, are you going to re-colour the K1_pfbi01.tga brown robe to be olive, with the red sleeves?
 Warlord664
09-02-2011, 4:22 PM
They all look pretty cool.. I guess you end up with 9 party members in the game because two of them are choices.
 Fallen Guardian
09-02-2011, 9:56 PM
T3 is a female? Other than that it looks good.
 Capibara
09-03-2011, 1:48 AM
Story looks good so far. :)

(...) at the cost of Revan's life.

Sounds interesting. :thmbup1:

You do realize that's porting then, and you can't use it, right?

Why, who's gonna care? and how is it different than any other form of modding?
 Snard
09-03-2011, 2:02 AM

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's illegal you idiot.

Though I get what he's saying. It's not like LucasArts is going to sue us...

I...think
 Capibara
09-03-2011, 2:23 AM
^Lol, why the butthurt?

Of course, no one's going to sue you/him/us. :rolleyes:
 mr_dad
09-03-2011, 9:44 AM
Those robes are the original concept. I'm trying to make robes that look like this

http://webspace.webring.com/people/fd/daxius_x/jedi_robes.jpg)
 newbiemodder
09-03-2011, 11:24 AM
For the middle robe, you could probably use one of the darkjedi tga..either the hi, low, med..to retexture...I think those closely resemble the look
 logan23
09-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Porting is illegal and will keep sites from allowing you to upload the mod to their site and could even lock you from discussing a porting mod in certain forums,... This would include lucasforums, deadlystreams, kotorfiles, moddb, -

My advice is to use a kotor2 assest or new one.

Just giving you a heads up before moderators start entering into the scene.
 Snard
09-03-2011, 2:16 PM
^Lol, why the butthurt?

Of course, no one's going to sue you/him/us. :rolleyes:

Sorry man, but after the Pikmin and friends "situation" it gets a bit old.
 Capibara
09-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Porting is illegal and will keep sites from allowing you to upload the mod to their site and could even lock you from discussing a porting mod in certain forums,... This would include lucasforums, deadlystreams, kotorfiles, moddb, -

Ok, but why is it more illegal than other forms of modding? it says on the games EULA's; no 'decompiling', no 'modifying'... so basically, any modding (and with custom, unofficial tools at that).

Seriously, i'm not trying to troll here, i'm just curious about the reasoning behind this.

Just giving you a heads up before moderators start entering into the scene.

I don't think i'm breaking any forum rules by just trying to talk about it. ;)

My advice is to use a kotor2 assest or new one.

Well, for the matter at hand mr_dad said above that he won't be using the texture anymore so... :indif:

Sorry man, but after the Pikmin and friends "situation" it gets a bit old.

I have no idea what that means/you're talking about. :)
 LDR
09-04-2011, 2:43 AM
There was one thread where the guys were talking about remaking the game engine, which Jae Onasi swiftly responded and locked the thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207329)

The Pikim situation was when the TSLRP was still around, and the leader named Darth_Bralor was accused with plagarism. He flipped out, he was banned, and came back again under Pikim. He was banned again, and started coming under the Darth_*color*Beard phase, where he kept personally threatening Shem and stuff. I only really know the vague stuff of the issue, not the entire thing. (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/news/Darth_Balor_Came_Back_and_Tried_to_Fool_Us_as_Pikm) in;41612)
 Snard
09-05-2011, 1:42 AM
The Pikim situation was when the TSLRP was still around, and the leader named Darth_Bralor was accused with plagarism. He flipped out, he was banned, and came back again under Pikim. He was banned again, and started coming under the Darth_*color*Beard phase, where he kept personally threatening Shem and stuff. I only really know the vague stuff of the issue, not the entire thing. (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/news/Darth_Balor_Came_Back_and_Tried_to_Fool_Us_as_Pikm) in;41612)

Correct.Might want to check the spelling of Pikmin though;)

You dont want to be a Pikmin do you mr_dad? I would hope not.
 Capibara
09-05-2011, 2:48 AM
There was one thread where the guys were talking about remaking the game engine, which Jae Onasi swiftly responded and locked the thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207329)

Hmmm... a shame. Although, it didn't look so promising; the OP didn't have the know-how and it was for an MMO (eeewww :p).

Don't really answer my questions about the porting 'taboo' though.

Hehe, modding drama! guy just up and broke the basic modders etiquette (of giving credit where credit is due). Silly, unnecessary stuff. :lol:

Somewhat interesting read though, thanks for the links LordDeathRay. :)

(i fail to see what that whole pikmin situation Darth Snard brought up has to do with anything being discussed in this thread though)

You dont want to be a Pikmin do you mr_dad? I would hope not.

Now why you go and imply that in such a condescending manner?
 mr_dad
09-05-2011, 9:04 AM
Since I'm not using the robes anymore, can we please end this discussion on porting and move on? Thank you.
 mr_dad
09-07-2011, 10:38 AM
 salam263
09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
 Warlord664
09-07-2011, 1:13 PM
They all look awesome but when i got down to Dukaan...Idk some thing hit me wrong with his skin color..I mean look at his chest. Its bright light green...Then go over to his head...Dark dark green. I think it needs to be at least close to the same shade. But other then that great job! looking forward to seeing more updates.
 mr_dad
09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Very quick update. This is the first verson of the Exile's (light side) Robes. It's based off the third robe.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb396/mr_dad/ExileM.jpg)
Page: 1 of 3