Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ObamaCare congresswoman sleeps with fishes; news at 11

Page: 2 of 4
 Thanatos9t
01-11-2011, 9:34 AM
The saddest thing is that there was a 9 year old girl that is now died.

If it wasn't for the serious nature of this thread and of the subject manner, I would be making fun of that sentence :(.

Yet again the innocent must suffer because of some crazy person and again it raises the point why have gun laws not been amended (being an Englishman I fail to comprehend the need for such weapons.)

All guns do is spread a one-upmanship contest e.g. the police have guns to protect us, we need guns to protect us, people have guns to protect them we need better guns to rob them etcetera.
 Sabretooth
01-11-2011, 9:35 AM
I've never known someone to be motivated to kill after watching a punditry show. :raise:

What are you talking about, watching punditry shows always motivates me to brutally kill someone.
 urluckyday
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
What are you talking about, watching punditry shows always motivates me to brutally kill someone.

I've never wanted to kill someone else after one of those shows...just myself.
 Tommycat
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
All guns do is spread a one-upmanship contest e.g. the police have guns to protect us, we need guns to protect us, people have guns to protect them we need better guns to rob them etcetera.
Actually, the person who tackled the gunman was armed. He happened to be a responsible gun owner. He realized that it was not necessary to shoot as the man was essentially disarmed at the time(Jarred was reloading and the clip was knocked from his hand).

As for the little girl, THAT is the saddest thing from this whole incident. To make matters worse, the church from Kansas is planning on disrupting her funeral on Thursday (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/group-to-picket-9-year-old-tucson-victims-1177921.html).
 mimartin
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Yet again the innocent must suffer because of some crazy person and again it raises the point why have gun laws not been amended (being an Englishman I fail to comprehend the need for such weapons.) We need guns to protect ourselves. Had everyone in attendance had a gun then the crazy person may have only gotten off one shot.

Of course there may have been more dead than 6 too

To make matters worse, the church from Kansas is planning on disrupting her funeral on Thursday (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/group-to-picket-9-year-old-tucson-victims-1177921.html).
That may be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. If there ever was a doubt in my mind that wbc was a church and not a hate group it is gone.
 Totenkopf
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Of course there may have been more dead than 6 too....

And/or Jared would have been nothing more than a bullet ridden corpse. As to the wbc, it's ashame those trolls can't find something more constructive to do with their time.
 mimartin
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I see things like wbc and it make me almost lose all hope in mankind, but then I remember people like Bill Badgers, Joe Zamudio, Patricia Maisch, and Daniel Hernadez Jr and I have some hope.

Very little, but some...

Edit: Well it is settled, Mr. Oxycodone himself just admitted the influence that caused the Arizona shooting was music. So glad that is settled (at least it wasn't games).
 The Doctor
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
To make matters worse, the church from Kansas is planning on disrupting her funeral on Thursday (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/group-to-picket-9-year-old-tucson-victims-1177921.html).

zealots...
 Tommycat
01-11-2011, 1:49 PM
Edit: Well it is settled, Mr. Oxycodone himself just admitted the influence that caused the Arizona shooting was music. So glad that is settled (at least it wasn't games).

WHAT?!?! It wasn't the Liberal Mainstream Drive-By Media's fault?

Sheesh. Here I am saying that the shooting was not motivated by Right/Left ideologies.

Wellllll... Guess we need the musicians to all watch their lyrics.

Wait... Ya know he's gonna have a hard time. I know quite a few musicians who actually listen to his program. Though... Admittedly, a lot of music is just as anti-government(or more so) than even the talking heads when their party isn't in power. It holds just as much water as blaming it on the Tea Party/Biased Liberal Media™
 mimartin
01-11-2011, 2:55 PM
Rush has a point, I committed suicide in the 1980’s due to Queen’s Don’t try Suicide and Ozzy’s Suicide Solution….. I got better.
 Totenkopf
01-11-2011, 3:59 PM
^So, what's it like on the other side? Also, where's a good club when you need one? :xp:

Given what's coming out about this kid so far, he's more likely to have influences from the left than right. However, the overriding point is that a lot of people listen to stuff on both sides of the spectrum and all in between and still don't kill anyone. Kid was nuts and had a grudge against Giffords. Till I hear differently, that's what I'm running with on this.
 Tommycat
01-11-2011, 5:49 PM
Rush has a point, I committed suicide in the 1980’s due to Queen’s Don’t try Suicide and Ozzy’s Suicide Solution….. I got better.

I'm just sayin that it makes just as much sense to blame the music he listens to as it does to blame the talking heads he may or may not have listened to. Actually it makes MORE sense to blame it as we are talking about a NUTJOB whom may or may not have even listened to the so called hate speech people in this thread have blamed. I mean this guy volunteered for Giffords at one time. Does it really make sense to say he listened to any of the stuff the Tea Party said? Or does it make sense that he would listen to music with anarchist/anti-government lyrics?

OR We could chalk it down as "Laughner was a very disturbed individual who did a horrible thing." That's what I'm sticking with.
 mimartin
01-11-2011, 9:04 PM
I'm just sayin that it makes just as much sense to blame the music he listens to as it does to blame the talking heads he may or may not have listened to. Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Mr. Illegal Drugs gets upset when people blame him with little or no evidence, but he has no problem with blaming someone else with little or no evidence. However, I guess that is why people listen to Rush, to hear a self-absorbed blowhole make up stuff, take things completely out of context or present no evidence at all.
 Tommycat
01-12-2011, 9:19 AM
Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Mr. Illegal Drugs gets upset when people blame him with little or no evidence, but he has no problem with blaming someone else with little or no evidence. However, I guess that is why people listen to Rush, to hear a self-absorbed blowhole make up stuff, take things completely out of context or present no evidence at all.

You're telling me that an ardent anti-drug abuse, habitual drug user, might be hypocritical? Gosh, call the evening news and schedule a press conference. A hypocrite might be hypocritical. This has to be a first.

Sorry... Since I didn't listen to him, I can't say for sure, but Dave(another musician friend of mine) said it was said in the context of a joke. As in "Why not blame the music he listened to? It makes more sense."

And actually the arguments presented by people here as to how the Tea Party could have influenced him could easily be turned into "Violent video games" or "Heavy Metal" in place of Tea Party. Punk rock in particular, has always been known to be anti-government. Rap, Metal, Punk, heck even some country songs, have lyrics that go far beyond anything the Tea Party said. But the same people who would defend games were quite willing to blame the Tea Party for maybe possibly unintentionally motivating this guy to do this.

As for the rhetoric, yeah, it's better suited for an elementary school yard, but it's nothing new.
 Totenkopf
01-12-2011, 9:38 AM
The irony of the following is that as this putz makes this statement now, where was he back in '08 during the elction? It's not as if we've never had an assassination attempt prior to this or as if it's only been since the elction of one man...Obama...that things have gotten heated.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/01/11/sen_leahy_seething_rhetoric_has_gone_too_far.html)

@TC/mim: I also heard the comments and agree w/TC's friend, it was posted as much as a hypothetical and joke. It's interesting, though, that libs and like minded (from Dupnik to Olberman to Matthews et al) only wish to excoriate "right-wingers" when this kind of tradgedy takes place, but will swear up and down that the mixed messages of pop culture have absolutely negligible influence on anything. Afterall, everyone knows that's only entertainment (except maybe the crazies :devsmoke: ). :rolleyes:
 mimartin
01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
I agree it was a joke the first 20 seconds... Then it typical Rush fashion, it became fact and his evidence was it was mentioned on the radio. The same way he gets most of his evidence. Mention it in jest (for deniability purposes), but then treat it as fact.

I have to give credit to the Arizona Legislator they pass bills faster than anyone I’ve seen. SB 1101 passed their Senate and has already been signed by the governor. It will keep wbc “300 feet away from the property line of a residence, cemetery, funeral home, church or synagogue within one hour before or one hour after a funeral or burial service. “ Don’t really know about the constitutionality of the bill, nor do I really care.
 Tommycat
01-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Just as a point here, IF we look at talking heads in the media as a culprit, we have to look at music as well. I mean I love Drowning Pool's Bodies, but the lyrics are(wow.. didn't realize how um... uncreative the lyrics were)

Let the bodies hit the floor

Beaten why for
Can't take much more

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

One - Nothing wrong with me
Two - Nothing wrong with me
Three - Nothing wrong with me
Four - Nothing wrong with me

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give
Now

Push me again
This is the end

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

Now

Skin against skin blood and bone
You're all by yourself but you're not alone
You wanted in now you're here
Driven by hate consumed by fear

Now

You can say that no sane person would get a killing message out of it, but then as we know the man was not stable. So if we are to say that there should be more civility on the airwaves in the event some crazy might act out on them, then we have a lot more cleaning up than just talk radio. And that would mean my favorite music stations would be virtually decimated. Then we have video games... KotOR without any dark side options? FPS gone? Sure no video game would turn a sane person crazy(except MAYBE Bloodlines Malkavian option :D), but we're talking about removing possible influences for crazy people here.

I heard on the radio this morning that there may be a reason Dupnik is so adamant about blaming talking heads. Apparently Jared had allegedly had numerous run ins with the Pima County Sheriffs, who told people he was under supervised care.
*unconfirmed source* (http://thechollajumps.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/jared-loughner-is-a-product-of-sheriff-dupniks-office/)
 Darth Avlectus
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Drowning pool parrot. :devsmoke:

uguXNL93fWg
 mimartin
01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
but we're talking about removing possible influences for crazy people here.I'm not, because there is no way to know what may influence a mentally unstable person to violence. Nor am I pretending to know what influences Jared Loughner had or how those influences effected his decision to murder.

The one thing I will point out… I fail to see where Drowning Pool’s lyrics is actual actively giving anyone a target, nor do I see where, at least games I’ve played, are giving people targets. Again, I don’t know if any political talking heads gave Loughner the target, but their political rhetoric could provide targets.
 Tommycat
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
It is my belief that he had his target a long time before the talking heads said anything. I mean he volunteered FOR Giffords. Honestly any political ad could be used by someone unstable. Comedians jokes about shooting Rumsfeld could have led to the same thing. A sociopath can find targets anywhere. Ministry's song NWO(which used clips from Bush sr) could easily give people targets. NoFx, specifically targets Republicans. How about Green Day. What about all the pundit comedians who go after specific Republicans. How about the number of times Rush Limbaugh has been the target. How about Barack Obama specifically calling Republicans "the enemy" in his speeches to a Hispanic group. I mean if we're talking removing sources of possible targets, there's a whole lot of other media that needs to be cleaned up too.

And Drowning Pool I was using as just one example. I mean it could have been Megadeth, or any number of violence favoring songs. Heck it could have been "I'll be watching you" for all we know...
 mimartin
01-12-2011, 1:13 PM
:rolleyes: Really have no clue what you are talking about... I wasn't pointing out one political party over the other… “Political talking heads” could mean either party. If I wanted to point out only republicans I would have written republican talking heads.

And forgive me if I do not take your beliefs word for it, especially considering the political talking heads have been around a long time or perhaps you forgot Clinton is going to destroy this nation or Bush is going to destroy this nation rhetoric?
 Tommycat
01-12-2011, 1:45 PM
:rolleyes: Really have no clue what you are talking about... I wasn't pointing out one political party over the other… “Political talking heads” could mean either party. If I wanted to point out only republicans I would have written republican talking heads.

And forgive me if I do not take your beliefs word for it, especially considering the political talking heads have been around a long time or perhaps you forgot Clinton is going to destroy this nation or Bush is going to destroy this nation rhetoric?

As for not taking "my beliefs" as anything more, GOOD. It's just my belief and nothing more. Had I said, "He had his target before the talking heads named her" I'd be expected to provide proof. Since there is none, all I have is belief. NOW if I said, "He was generally anti-government but not necessarily following right wing ideology" and provided the ADL's link to his profile(found here (http://www.adl.org/PresRele/Extremism_72/5961_72.htm) and here (http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/jared_lee_loughner.htm?Multi_page_sections=sHeadin) g_1)) then I would expect it to be read as more of an informed statement...

Interestingly enough, I see a lot of mention about the "Above Top Secret" web site. THAT'S IT!!! IT'S THE INTARWEBZ!!!

But seriously, what I was getting at was that focusing on the talking heads as the source for his anti-government stance, is counterproductive. She may have been a target simply because of proximity.
 Totenkopf
01-12-2011, 2:16 PM
Mention it in jest (for deniability purposes), but then treat it as fact.

Yeah, the ole "half-in-jest, all in ernest" deal. Much of what passes for modern political humor is drenched in that idea. So, just how much time do you spend listening to Rush on the radio anyway?:xp: Almost reminds of me of the line in Private Parts where the guy tells the exec that the people who didn't like Stern were listening to him 2x as long as the ones that did....to see what he'd say next.
 Tommycat
01-12-2011, 2:22 PM
Heh. We had a Rush Limbaugh drinking game. A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media. Two for every time he blamed Clinton.

Nobody could last past the second commercial break.
 urluckyday
01-12-2011, 2:29 PM
Heh. We had a Rush Limbaugh drinking game. A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media. Two for every time he blamed Clinton.

Nobody could last past the second commercial break.

lol how long ago was that?
 mimartin
01-12-2011, 2:47 PM
So, just how much time do you spend listening to Rush on the radio anyway?:xp: I’m don’t religiously listen to anything, but if I’m out during the day and there is nothing on Rome I turn it over to Rush. Same after work, I listen to sports radio, or the ipod, but if nothing better is on I will turn it over to Savage. Both have some interesting topic and gives you something to think about/research, but I would not want to go precisely by their interpretation of events. I also watch FalseNews more than any other “so-called” news agency. Again, I'm still doing a little research before believing a word they say.

A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media. We could have done that in Kavars not so long ago… ah the good ole days and the dearly departed.:cry8:
 Working Class Hero
01-12-2011, 4:57 PM
Both have some interesting topic and gives you something to think about...
If you meant: I think about how utterly moronic they are, then yes; you were correct.
 mimartin
01-12-2011, 5:08 PM
Well if I did not want to hear opinions that differ from my own, I would not be hanging around here either. It is only idiotic to listen if you get your information from that one source without scrutinize that information for yourself. Often hear that 1,000,000 people can’t be wrong, but in truth they can be if they are all getting their information from one source.
 Tommycat
01-12-2011, 5:44 PM
lol how long ago was that?

01-02 somewhere abouts... Things get fuzzy during my heavy drinkin years.

@Working Class Hero: Funny. I usually tend to get more than one opinion, and contrast it with my own research. If you only get your information from one source or one slant, you miss a good portion of the information.

I mean if nothing else it's a good way to know what your conservative friends might have in store for you so you can be prepared with a rebuttal.
 Working Class Hero
01-12-2011, 6:42 PM
Funny. I usually tend to get more than one opinion, and contrast it with my own research. If you only get your information from one source or one slant, you miss a good portion of the information.

I mean if nothing else it's a good way to know what your conservative friends might have in store for you so you can be prepared with a rebuttal.
No, thank you. I prefer to get my information from only one side: the intelligent one.

If you want to listen to racist, mentally impotent rednecks in pursuit of your concept of "balanced coverage", please, be my guest.
 Darth Avlectus
01-12-2011, 6:51 PM
No, thank you. I prefer to get my information from only one side: the intelligent one.
You sir have convinced me that the most unbiased people are the ones who are one-sided.

If you want to listen to racist, mentally impotent rednecks in pursuit of your concept of "balanced coverage", please, be my guest.
Effing righteous brah! Take it to the man! Don't let the little things like ad hominems, poisoning the well, straw man, moving the goal posts, arrogance, pot kettle black, false equivocation, antics with semantics, false dilemma, slippery slope, or ad populum stop you. KILL WHITEY!
 Working Class Hero
01-12-2011, 7:12 PM
You sir have convinced me that the most unbiased people are the ones who are one-sided.
I was never talking about unbiasedness. I intended to equate liberalism with intelligence, rush and savage with stupidity.

Effing righteous brah! Take it to the man! Don't let the little things like ad hominems, poisoning the well, straw man, moving the goal posts, arrogance, pot kettle black, false equivocation, antics with semantics, false dilemma, slippery slope, or ad populum stop you. KILL WHITEY!
:rolleyes:

I'm glad to know you can google logical fallacy lists.
 urluckyday
01-12-2011, 7:22 PM

Just a question...what source (besides the primary source of course) doesn't provide a biased outlook?
 Darth Avlectus
01-12-2011, 7:29 PM
I was never talking about unbiasedness. I intended to equate liberalism with intelligence, rush and savage with stupidity.

Used to think that. I thought it meant of liberty and open mindedness.

Then I met someone who claimed as such but were all about censorship and could only cite what they disagreed with. Also this person hung with other people who listened to what he preached endlessly about how the 2nd amendment is outdated, and somesuch blather that "if someone pulled a gun on me I'd do the passivised thing and surrender", and yet ironically that was the first person to go on a power trip when put in charge of a construction project and get physical when things didn't go his way.

I also see the left is doing the same thing. Often more and more. Just to get back at anyone.

I'm glad to know you can google logical fallacy lists.
I didn't Google it, I mushware'd it. You know, that human hardware stuff between your ears.
 Samnmax221
01-12-2011, 8:53 PM
There is nothing to be gained from watching FoxNews. There gets to be a point when a source goes so far overboard with lies, and over politicizing everything that you need to stop figuring what they have to say into your opinions. If you're going to pay Fox any attention than you might as well start listening to Voice of Korea too.

Sarah Palin started off the day by comparing being called out on her rhetoric to the historical plight of European Jews.
http://www.superevent.eu/images/Limbo.gif)
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?
 Totenkopf
01-12-2011, 9:05 PM
Sam....you are aware than no less than a Harvard educated uberlib like Alan Dershowitz has defended her use of the "blood libel" phrase. I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "balanced, intelligent and rational" uber lib yahoos have gone out of their way to attack Palin and then have the audacity to accuse her of making this about her. Not really sure who WCH thinks is so "intelligent", but it isn't any of Fox's competitors either (tv or print). :devsmoke:
 Samnmax221
01-12-2011, 9:12 PM
Sam....you are aware than no less than a Harvard educated uberlib like Alan Dershowitz has defended her use of the "blood libel" phrase. I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "balanced, intelligent and rational" uber lib yahoos have gone out of their way to attack Palin and then have the audacity to accuse her of making this about her. Not really sure who WCH thinks is so "intelligent", but it isn't any of Fox's competitors either (tv or print). :devsmoke:
Let's step back from ranting about LIBERALS for a moment, and consider how inappropriate comparing her problems to the historic suffering of an entire race is, while she counts all the money she's raking in from retarded people.

I you think that any other mainstream media source in this country doesn't have better journalistic standards than Fox (HLN has better standards for Christ sake), you really are deluded.
 Working Class Hero
01-13-2011, 8:27 AM
Used to think that. I thought it meant of liberty and open mindedness.

Then I met someone who claimed as such but were all about censorship and could only cite what they disagreed with. Also this person hung with other people who listened to what he preached endlessly about how the 2nd amendment is outdated, and somesuch blather that "if someone pulled a gun on me I'd do the passivised thing and surrender", and yet ironically that was the first person to go on a power trip when put in charge of a construction project and get physical when things didn't go his way.
I'm sorry that you had this experience, but it seems to me to just be an individual case of a hypocrite. Like I said earlier in this thread, some people are just BAD DUDES. (there mimiartin, you don't have to censor me :xp:)

It's sort of like saying: "I don't want to listen to <whatever band> because this guy I hate loves them."

I also see the left is doing the same thing. Often more and more. Just to get back at anyone.
Are you speaking about the media? If so, I suppose you're correct. Liberal news organizations do spend too much time sniping at Fox News that could be replaced with actual news coverage.

If we're talking about actual humanity, then I completely disagree. In my experience, I'd rather spend time/work with liberals than with conservatives. They're just more reasonable and more intelligent people.

I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "balanced, intelligent and rational" uber lib yahoos have gone out of their way to attack Palin and then have the audacity to accuse her of making this about her.
If ANYBODY equates themselves to European Jews, they deserve all the accusations and ridicule humanity can generate.

Not really sure who WCH thinks is so "intelligent", but it isn't any of Fox's competitors either (tv or print)
If you want specifics, I've found the Huffington Post and the BBC to be the best news organizations in terms of covering reality.

I didn't Google it, I mushware'd it. You know, that human hardware stuff between your ears. I'm going to google what this means. :xp:
 Totenkopf
01-13-2011, 8:49 AM
If ANYBODY equates themselves to European Jews, they deserve all the accusations and ridicule humanity can generate.

Well, that settles it, holocaust should now be offically retired and or reserved for exclusively one usuage as well by that rationale. :rolleyes: Afterall, if Dershowitz has no problem.......

If you want specifics, I've found the Huffington Post and the BBC to be the best news organizations in terms of covering reality.

That you can include the huffpo as credible is very amusing.
 Jae Onasi
01-13-2011, 9:24 AM
If you want to call people 'deluded' and 'irrational' go to the Senate where that kind of rude behavior is tolerated. It is not tolerated here. We value civil discussion to share ideas and opinions here so we can learn from each other. We do not value pounding people into the ground with ad hominems to 'win our arguments at any cost, including driving people away'. Thread locked while the moderating team discusses what to do with all this.
 mimartin
01-13-2011, 11:45 AM
I’ve cleaned up most of the off topic source arguments; if anyone sees anything else please use the report button and not the reply button. I expected to come back this morning to see the spin from the Memorial Service and everyone’s impression on the President speech instead I get the tired FoxNews arguments.

Reopened thread, please stay on topic. There are other threads about sources in Kavars use them if you wish to continue that argument. If you continue to post in this thread please show a little respect to the OP PastramiX and stay on topic. Now I will go hit myself with 50 lashes for my mistake in mentioning FoxNews. I really thought we had gotten past that… had someone brought up ACORN it would have been just like old times.:(
 Totenkopf
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Caught the aftermath of the speech and Krauthammer seemed overall impressed w/the prez's performance.
 Jae Onasi
01-13-2011, 1:10 PM
Caught the aftermath of the speech and Krauthammer seemed overall impressed w/the prez's performance.

I listened to part of it, too, and Obama did a very nice job with a very difficult subject.

Impressing Krauthammer, especially if one is a more liberal Dem like Obama is, is very difficult.
 purifier
01-13-2011, 2:20 PM
Yeah..speaking of that: the Memorial service/President's speech. I was watching all of that last night on the Fo.......*ahem!*:dev8: ..excuse me! THE NEWS too :D and was wondering why all of the sudden they decided to make a big thing out of this and hold a national memorial service, along with a presidental speech?

Now I realize a nine year old girl was killed in that senseless act of violence, but there are children everyday, not to mention in the past, in this country who get shot and killed sometimes intentionally or from a stray bullet just from gang violence or someone going postal. What about them? Don't remember ever seeing a memorial service such as this, with a presidental speech, held in their honor.

What makes this event so special, that a memorial service and a president's speech must be held in their honor?

Somebody enligthen me on that.......
 mimartin
01-13-2011, 2:45 PM
For those that missed the speech, here is the text and even the video (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/12/obama-arizona-memorial-sp_n_808335.html).

What makes this event so special, that a memorial service and a president's speech must be held in their honor?

Yes, Americans and people all over the world are killed every day in senseless violence. No one is saying that the people touched by this tragedy are any more or less special than them. This case isn’t any more tragic or heart wrenching than someone killed by a drunk driver. What does make this tragedy more public is the way it happened and who was involved. That has given this tragedy more media attention and put the events of Arizona into America’s living rooms. An armed gunman shoots up a meeting between a congresswoman and her constituents. BTW members of congress are required by law to meet with their constituents so this type of target is not going away. This is no different than past Presidents giving speeches after tragic events in this nation’s history.
 Tommycat
01-13-2011, 2:48 PM
It made national news for two reasons.

1) This is the biggest assassination attempt in recent history in the US.
2) All the media buzz over what influenced him.

Gabriel Giffords is a US representative. Judge Roll was a Federal Judge. Honestly at this point the president NOT showing up would be a bad thing.
 Darth Avlectus
01-13-2011, 2:56 PM
^^^Agreed. He is our president and ought to speak. Just wouldn't be right if he didn't.

@ WCH I'll get this via PM.
 Darth InSidious
01-13-2011, 3:34 PM
Obamacare is designed to euthanise native white American descendants of the Jaredites and Obama is Satan's boyfriend. :mad:
 Tommycat
01-13-2011, 3:40 PM
Obamacare is designed to euthanise native white American descendants of the Jaredites and Obama is Satan's boyfriend. :mad:

Who let the Westborough Baptist Church in here?
 purifier
01-13-2011, 4:07 PM
It made national news for two reasons.

1) This is the biggest assassination attempt in recent history in the US.
2) All the media buzz over what influenced him.

Gabriel Giffords is a US representative. Judge Roll was a Federal Judge. Honestly at this point the president NOT showing up would be a bad thing.

Didn't know one of the victims was a Federal Judge, that makes a difference to me. I should really pay attention to what's being said in the news these days. :(

Yes, Americans and people all over the world are killed every day in senseless violence. No one is saying that the people touched by this tragedy are any more or less special than them. This case isn’t any more tragic or heart wrenching than someone killed by a drunk driver. What does make this tragedy more public is the way it happened and who was involved. That has given this tragedy more media attention and put the events of Arizona into America’s living rooms. An armed gunman shoots up a meeting between a congresswoman and her constituents. BTW members of congress are required by law to meet with their constituents so this type of target is not going away. This is no different than past Presidents giving speeches after tragic events in this nation’s history.

Yep...I see now, what your saying Mimartin (especially since one of the victims was a Federal Judge).

Thank you both for the info, my bad. ;)
Page: 2 of 4