Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ObamaCare congresswoman sleeps with fishes; news at 11

Page: 4 of 4
 Tommycat
01-18-2011, 4:32 PM
Actually he likely ruined the chances of getting an insanity defense when he stated he understood the charges against him. The insanity defense is used far more in TV and movies than in real life. The legal definition of insanity is way different than the clinical definition. If a person knows what they are doing is illegal they are not legally insane. They can be completely crazy and still know what they are doing is illegal.

Of course Clark v Arizona established that there was no "right" to an insanity defense. And Clark thought the person he shot was a space alien.

I feel like I should put "I Am Not A Lawyer" somewhere in here though.
 urluckyday
01-18-2011, 7:22 PM
That's because people in AZ are crazy already... er... wait... I live in AZ. I rest my case?

Actually calling him crazy might not be accurate. Considering people have said that he used drugs, including hallucinogens, and has been arrested on drug charges, there is a possibility that his rambling on Youtube could be related to heavy self medication.

Okay...so either he's either insane...or just a complete idiot.
 Tommycat
01-18-2011, 7:54 PM
Okay...so either he's either insane...or just a complete idiot.

From my experience, those two are not mutually exclusive.
 mimartin
01-18-2011, 8:18 PM
Those two pretty much describe my entire family. :xp:
 Tommycat
01-18-2011, 9:22 PM
Those two pretty much describe my entire family. :xp:

We must be related lol
Page: 4 of 4