Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dantooine Tension

Page: 5 of 5
 R2-X2
11-08-2011, 3:21 PM
Wow. You don't only impress me with your stuff, but also with your patience for working so long on the same project in these times. This is not meant to discredit all the others that did it too, just wanted to throw it in. ;)
 Zhaboka
11-08-2011, 5:54 PM
Woah! I just noticed that amazing Jolee-to-Chiss retexture a page back! That thing is awesome!
 Fallen Guardian
11-10-2011, 1:28 AM
Wow. You don't only impress me with your stuff, but also with your patience for working so long on the same project in these times. This is not meant to discredit all the others that did it too, just wanted to throw it in. ;)

Thanks. It really doesn't feel like it's been almost a year since I first made this thread, time flies.

Woah! I just noticed that amazing Jolee-to-Chiss retexture a page back! That thing is awesome!

Thanks Zhaboka. And by any chance when I finally do get to voiceovers could you do some for me?

Anyway, I was going to try and have an update today but life's gotten in the way again. I'm still pretty positive on the weekend update though.
 Fallen Guardian
11-14-2011, 12:08 AM
And positive I still am.

Basically this is a small reskin for a transition area of sorts. It'll serve as an extra hallway branching out of the main module I'm using since 1. The module has a room there and that won't serve my purposes and 2. The room's walkmesh is messed up and you can only walk halfway through it.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8650)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8651)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8653)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8652)

Yep, there are doors to change and such, maybe some lightmapping to do and a little shoring up on the textures but other than that, what do you guys think?
 LDR
11-14-2011, 5:42 AM
Is that the Sith Base on Taris retextured? It's very good!
 Warlord664
11-15-2011, 6:55 PM
I love your reskins FG! It's hard to tell that its not dantooine.
 Zhaboka
11-15-2011, 9:13 PM
I think the stone walls give it away that it's the sith base and not Dantooine, maybe replace them with more wood paneling?

And I just saw your question in your second-to-last post, I'd LOVE to do voiceovers for you! :)
 CptPriceless
11-15-2011, 9:35 PM
I think the stone walls give it away that it's the sith base and not Dantooine, maybe replace them with more wood paneling?
)

IMO, a more brownish stone wall would work just fine. Many of Dantooine's structures - if I remember right - are like that. Keep it up man! :thmbup1:
 Fallen Guardian
11-15-2011, 9:46 PM
I love your reskins FG! It's hard to tell that its not dantooine.

Thanks.

Is that the Sith Base on Taris retextured? It's very good!

Yep, and thanks.

Yeah, I thought it looked a little odd when I first ran through it....I'll see about that.

And I just saw your question in your second-to-last post, I'd LOVE to do voiceovers for you! :)

Thanks Zhaboka! I probably won't get to voicing for awhile, though I may have a little something......I'll have to look into it.

IMO, a more brownish stone wall would work just fine. Many of Dantooine's structures - if I remember right - are like that. Keep it up man! :thmbup1:

Thanks for the feedback Cpt.

No new update with this post. I'll try to have something maybe tomorrow or Thursday......We'll see.
 UltimateHK47
11-17-2011, 1:50 PM
When i first saw that area, i thought you had made from scratch. GOod job!
 Fallen Guardian
11-20-2011, 4:41 PM
When i first saw that area, i thought you had made from scratch. GOod job!

Thanks.

Alright, not a new area this time but my attempt to get a Rodian into armor. Keep in mind it's still in the works and things need to be fixed.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8678)

What do you guys think?
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 4:57 PM
I think its great. SOmething to brighten up (somehow) my night. Even though its dark. Why does the rodian have no toes lol. It work as a mercenary or a a guard.
 Zhaboka
11-20-2011, 5:25 PM
Looks very natural and practical to me.
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 5:29 PM
Zhaboka your right. Anyway, whats there to fix. Its great. Wish i did it :p
 Warlord664
11-20-2011, 7:35 PM
Great job Fg!
 Dak Drexl
11-20-2011, 8:17 PM
He's looking pretty good so far FG. I have a Republic Rodian if you'd like to use/modify him for your Republic guys:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7902)
 LDR
11-20-2011, 9:20 PM
Niiiiice rodian! :thmbup1: Can't wait 'till you have some more updates.
 Fallen Guardian
11-21-2011, 2:03 AM
I think its great. SOmething to brighten up (somehow) my night. Even though its dark. Why does the rodian have no toes lol. It work as a mercenary or a a guard.

Zhaboka your right. Anyway, whats there to fix. Its great. Wish i did it :p

Thanks.

Looks very natural and practical to me.

Thanks.

Great job Fg!

Thanks.

He's looking pretty good so far FG. I have a Republic Rodian if you'd like to use/modify him for your Republic guys:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=7902)

Thanks Dak! And I've noticed you kept the straps on him, I may decide to do that to my armored Rodian....When first looking at it when I had just put the chest plate on my Rodian it looked a bit odd with the straps on his armor, I'll see how it looks now. And could you email me that Rodian please?

Niiiiice rodian! :thmbup1: Can't wait 'till you have some more updates.

Thanks, I'll hopefully have 1 or 2 more before Thanksgiving.
 UltimateHK47
11-21-2011, 1:12 PM
This reminds me of a BOS:SR sort of mod. Very nice, keep up the great work!
 Fallen Guardian
11-23-2011, 3:30 AM
This reminds me of a BOS:SR sort of mod. Very nice, keep up the great work!

I hope it'll be as good as BOS:SR, but it's hard to match and even harder still to top that type of quality.

And here's a new update, some of the music that'll be in the mod. Gleaned from http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/#)

(Titles are subjective to change, and I tried to keep them as vague as possible for a reason. Also, the artwork is NOT permanent. Just something I threw together to have as a background.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvjwCEXcGU)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cB4fFJh1g)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3gnMZYxDew)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSWBqb0lBc)

So leave your feedback and I'm getting some sleep.
 Zhaboka
11-23-2011, 1:59 PM
I really like it, very good choices. They all seem to be in the same sonic environment, which is nice since it's all the same planet.
 LDR
11-23-2011, 2:16 PM
Very nice music! It all sound alike and good for a single planet! No copyright issues, I hope! :thmbup1:
 Warlord664
11-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Good job with the music Fg!
 Fallen Guardian
11-24-2011, 1:43 PM
I really like it, very good choices. They all seem to be in the same sonic environment, which is nice since it's all the same planet.

Thanks.

Very nice music! It all sound alike and good for a single planet! No copyright issues, I hope! :thmbup1:

Thanks, and nope. It's all free, copyright free music.

Good job with the music Fg!

Thanks.

No new update this time, but sort of a progress update. I attempted to make a Dantooine module night time but the characters, and some textures were still lit as if it were day. Any advice would be appreciated.
 Fallen Guardian
11-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Okay, first off, sorry for the double post moderators.

Now, for a new update. This shows off the first couple minutes of the first sidequest. Please excuse the fact that the woman doesn't turn to face the other two in the conversation and also that it slows down a bit at times, the recording software I use seems to take away a bit from the performance of KotOR. Yes it may seem a bit odd that the dialogue is silent, but it will be voiced before release. Also sorry if the text is hard to read, I put in annotations for it but they wouldn't show up for me on the video page itself....Basically the recording software I use records in AVI format, a format my editing program doesn't support. When going through the conversion process from AVI to a useable format, it loses much of its quality. Now, here it is:

Clicky! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lga_VY-H8K8)

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.
 Zhaboka
11-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Wow. Compelling, truly. VO'ed it will be perfect.
 LDR
11-25-2011, 9:49 AM
Hmm, beautiful sidequest, if only there were voices. I feel bad for poor Jared... :xp:
 Warlord664
11-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Awesome job Fg. I can't wait to watch it with Voices.
 newbiemodder
11-26-2011, 8:10 AM
Nice cutscene FG....camera work, animations...looks good
 LDR
11-27-2011, 1:05 AM
You've gotta teach me how to do that stuff...

And I sent you the revamped dlg to your gmail. Just to let you know.

-From your friendly neighborhood grammar nazi.
 Fallen Guardian
11-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Wow. Compelling, truly. VO'ed it will be perfect.

Thanks, and I hope so.

Awesome job Fg. I can't wait to watch it with Voices.

Thanks.

Nice cutscene FG....camera work, animations...looks good

Thanks, though I do need to fix a slight delay with the girl's tired animation and I need to change the fact that the mother doesn't turn until she is involved in the conversation. Also, I'll need to fix how the girl and the father reorient on themselves they seem to snap on each after each progressive dialogue node, I'm going to try and make it so it's more smooth.

You've gotta teach me how to do that stuff...

And I sent you the revamped dlg to your gmail. Just to let you know.

-From your friendly neighborhood grammar nazi.

Hmm, beautiful sidequest, if only there were voices. I feel bad for poor Jared... :xp:

Thanks LDR, and well, yeah, Jared.

Small update, I'm finishing up the dialogue for the quest you saw but cameras refuse to point the way I want them to. I'll sort it out eventually.
 UltimateHK47
11-30-2011, 7:35 AM
Now i have another thing to look forward to.
 Fallen Guardian
12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone. I'm probably not going to post any updates for the next couple days because a major windstorm hit the area I live and now half the city I live in and the neighboring city's power is out. So I'll have no access to my computer. Whenever I can I may pop in on a mobile device or such but otherwise I am isolated.
 LDR
12-01-2011, 4:08 PM
Oh dear! I hope you get better and you get your power back!
 Scorge
12-01-2011, 4:14 PM
Hello everyone. I'm probably not going to post any updates for the next couple days because a major windstorm hit the area I live and now half the city I live in and the neighboring city's power is out. So I'll have no access to my computer. Whenever I can I may pop in on a mobile device or such but otherwise I am isolated.

Wow, good luck. Do you live in Los Angeles? Cause on the new's the people are saying that a wind storm is battering Los Angeles. When Alfred hit Connecticut Just about the whole state lost power, for about a week, and it's not a really bad experience. Hope everything is going well. P.S: Do you have a generator?
 UltimateHK47
12-01-2011, 5:51 PM
Hope to hear from you soon!
 Zhaboka
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Good luck! Candles smell nice. :)
 CptPriceless
12-02-2011, 10:18 AM
a major windstorm hit the area I live and now half the city I live in and the neighboring city's power is out. So I'll have no access to my computer. Whenever I can I may pop in on a mobile device or such but otherwise I am isolated.

Hope to hear from you soon man! Best of luck :thmbup1:

Do you live in Los Angeles? Cause on the new's the people are saying that a wind storm is battering Los Angeles.

Yeah most likely. It hit us hard; there's a tree on my home. :¬: Luckily I'm at my relative's place.
 Fallen Guardian
12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Oh dear! I hope you get better and you get your power back!

Thanks.

Wow, good luck. Do you live in Los Angeles? Cause on the new's the people are saying that a wind storm is battering Los Angeles. When Alfred hit Connecticut Just about the whole state lost power, for about a week, and it's not a really bad experience. Hope everything is going well. P.S: Do you have a generator?

In the LA area and I do have a generator but it's crap.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Heard from!

Good luck! Candles smell nice. :)
Mmm, candles. Thanks Z.

Hope to hear from you soon man! Best of luck :thmbup1:

Yeah most likely. It hit us hard; there's a tree on my home. :¬: Luckily I'm at my relative's place.

Thanks.
 UltimateHK47
12-03-2011, 1:10 PM
Welcome back, hope all is well
 Fallen Guardian
12-06-2011, 1:59 AM
Welcome back, hope all is well

And back I am! Yes all is very well indeed, for my power was restored not five minutes before I set foot in my house earlier today. Anyway, now I've been able to get back to modding faster than expected and I whipped up some scripts to fix the problem of the awkward orientations during the dialogue. However, I still have bugs to fix and they do not fire properly, that is the reason the girl tends to start rotating away from both her parents. Also, Mrs. Doha didn't want to be cooperative, or at least her scripts didn't, so some little things I had planned that would add some realism to the scene didn't take place. But above all of these petty script issues is the main reason why I have an update on this scene. Zhaboka. He was kind enough to do some test VO's for this scene so thank him for the update being in video form. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8R6Z4CXYL0)

(Note: The reason there is a watermark at the top is due to the fact that the software I used to record places that at the top, however it records in higher quality than the other program I was using so I consider the tradeoff worth it. Also, my PC runs the game faster than 27 FPS but the recording slows it down. Also, the subtitles differ from the voiced lines because between the time Z voiced them I rewrote some of them to flow better. And lastly, sorry for the abrupt end I made a quick edit to keep out non voiced content.)

Thoughts, feedback, opinions, hate mail ;), are all appreciated so please, post.
 Sith Holocron
12-06-2011, 4:39 AM
Your video is currently set to private.
 Phildevil
12-06-2011, 6:53 AM
I concur.
 Fallen Guardian
12-06-2011, 9:44 AM
Oh whoops. I'll change that really quick.

EDIT: Video set to public.
 UltimateHK47
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM
hehe, great video fg!
 Slstoev
12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
The voices of the males sound great but the girls - either some high-pitched girl recorded or Zhaboka tried to mimic girls.
 Sith Holocron
12-07-2011, 12:05 AM
The young girl and her mother need to be voiced by actual females, IMHO.
 Zhaboka
12-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Haha, I tried to mimic the feminine voices, but not in any seriousness. I was just havin' fun with a scene I was aware was a test. ;)
 Fallen Guardian
12-07-2011, 1:01 AM
hehe, great video fg!

Thanks.

The voices of the males sound great but the girls - either some high-pitched girl recorded or Zhaboka tried to mimic girls.

Yep, it was Z trying to mimic girls. This was all for the sake of test purposes so I could 1. See how the scene played out, 2. Get someone else's perspective on how the dialogue is read (Zhaboka had no directing commentaries from me on how to say the lines), and 3. Partly just for my own satisfaction at seeing a scene of Dantooine Tension with VO's.

The young girl and her mother need to be voiced by actual females, IMHO.

Right you are good sir, as the title of the video indicates: Test VO's.

Haha, I tried to mimic the feminine voices, but not in any seriousness. I was just havin' fun with a scene I was aware was a test. ;)

Pretty darn good job at that. And might I again thank you for doing these test VO's in the first place.
 Scorge
12-07-2011, 6:43 AM
Lol, I laughed at the little girl voice, great job btw! :thmbup1:
Page: 5 of 5